What if Strange lied?

>looks into future
>finds few timelines where thanos is defeated
>future1: meh, wong dies in this one he's kinda my only friend
>future2: I have to do that all by myself? Seems like alot of work
future3: lel Tony Stark dies in this one fuck that guy!
*Snaps back into reality
so guys there's only one way to defeat thanos

Attached: 7bb65ced243e88f2af16d6e5eeaab0a9--strange-world-dr-strange.jpg (236x365, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ent.qq.com/a/20190429/007983.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I still don't see how they fail to win by cutting off Thanos' arm

Based Strange

>implying we can have SI now that CM happened

because they don't succeed in cutting his arm off ever
or like he fucks them with just one arm

Strange's portals could have done it.
Not to mention they killed him after cutting off his arm.

Yeah this,

In IW thanos seemed like a threat. But then they gave a scene where carol could do some damge to thanos, it was also established Thor can kill thanos in end of IW. These two scene removed any real sense that thanos is actual threat in endgame. It seemed like Tony sacrified himself just because Strange was like "do it tony it's the only way lol"

Attached: 6269f711bd42ee775dda2bf629c34b2a.jpg (500x500, 54K)

comes out Thanos' arm might be stronger than Strange's portal, so if he times it wrong, they're fucked.

My theory is that Strange was wrong about this one being the timeline where everyone could be saved and instead it was just a near miss. Then he added that "If I tell you the outcome, it won't happen" rule. Strange broke this very rule moments before the second snap by doing the "one" sign, so chances are high that this outcome was gonna turn much worse if he didn't point that out. Strange saw this near-miss timeline, so it was probably the one happening and if he allowed Stark to die. It was possibly because a different timeline would've fucked them even harder.

Nah, they writers said that it wouldn't have been cut off

It seems like there's more than a few points where Strange could've intervened and minimized the overall death count, not to mention removing the catastrophic impacts of 50% of life vanishing and then suddenly reappearing would cause.

So far, the only way it makes sense for Infinity War/ Endgame to play out how they did and be the "winning" scenario, is if the alternate realities in Endgame come into play to help stop a mega threat (but one that isn't caused by Endgame happening). Otherwise it would've just been better to take the L on Gamora and whoever else would be willing to use the stone to snap out Thanos' army on Earth.

>spoiler
they did it with the burnt one

I don't get how they lost in the first place
instead of Strange fighting like a spazz why didn't he just sneaky magic swoop in and steal and the gems before like bad stuff happened
retard

point his little green one and make Thanos turn into a baby and then curbstomp him
the gauntlet would be too big for his little baby fingers

Tony dying is the only future he got to show off his new suit.

At the funeral?

>Strange walks up to the dying Stark. He kneels down, leans in close, and smiles.
>"It's my goatee now."

Space, Power and Reality Stones would nullify strange’s magic passively

>it was also established Thor can kill thanos in end of IW

He got his ass beat Pre-Stormbreaker and the only reason he had a chance to throw it at the end was because he caught Thanos off guard after he got the final stone.

So yeah, Thor "could beat Thanos" by catching him off guard, but as we see in Endgame, Thanos still easily wrecks Thor, IM, and Cap even without the gauntlet, and Thor duel Wielding.

And Carol might have more raw power, but as we see Thanos is far smarter with the way he used the Power Stone.

So yeah, he's still a threat.

Your argument is like saying "Tony managed to draw a drop of blood so he's not a threat at all" while ignoring literally everything else that happened

I also believe Strange was withholding info.

> the only reason he had a chance to throw it at the end was because he caught Thanos off guard

Thanos tries to blast Thor with the full-powered Infinity Gauntlet and Stormbreaker chews straight through it.

Against a fat Thor that wasn't in peak condition.

Right.
Because Thor caught him off guard.

Otherwise
Reality Stone
Turn him into a pile of body horror flesh like Drax or Mantis

>He was weaker because he was fat
>Despite duel wielding against Thanos

lol okay

This just made that moment 100000x cooler for me and made Doc strange my favorite character

Of course

So he's still seething over Stark's comment back then? I can dig that.

Attached: awesome facial hair bros.jpg (638x1200, 162K)

But they did it at the beginning of Endgame. They thought he had the stones there too. What's stopping them from going back to that moment before he destroyed the stones and do the same thing

Give him a break, he had to fully watch like a hundred futures where they try to stop Thanos by seducing him

Yea but that was with Stormbreaker and Stormbreaker is the most powerful weapon ever made. Honestly I think if Strange tried to shut the portal on Thanos’ arm the portal wouldn’t be able to close.

Maybe in that scenario he orders his army that's already near Earth to just wipe out the planet/everywhere The Avengers actually care about and Strange wasn't having it.

I don't see how they fail if they get his glove off and strange teleports them all off of Titan. Just hide the glove or get Tony to put it on, because we've seen and know that Tony can wield it and somehow be more cognizant at using it then the mother fucking Hulk can.

You could argue that the second snap weakened him, or having some of the stones passively protected him .

Was it even necessary for there to be a final snap? It didn't look like they were on the ropes, I'm pretty sure Carol can kill Thanos and they beat his henchmen before. They could have chucked the gauntlet and called it good.

>*Snaps back into reality
Oh there goes gravity

A good chunk of his army was still alive, I'm don't even recall if any of the main goons died. Thanos proved that he remained a threat for the entire fight, so waiting around for another idea when a wizard is winking at you to tell you there is no other way isn't smart.

Russo interviews that Thanos is tough enough that it either wont work or at least wont be instantaneous, in which case Thanos would have been able to activate his gauntlet from the other side of the portal since no one would be holding it.

It wasn't theonly one possible. It was just the only one out of 14 million something futures.

Maybe if he looked at 30 million or so he'd find more. Maybe he just got the bad luck of the draw in his first 14 million tries and all he better ones were on the others.

Yeah it's almost intentional. Dr. Strange should probably feel some sort of guilt.

>five years of chugging beer and no exercise
>mentally a mess due to his inability to come to terms with his own failure
Thor is objectively weaker in Endgame, even with both of his weapons, picking up Mjolnir isn't going to suddenly bring him back to peak physical and mental condition

>mental condition
gave him a huge boost when mjolnir came to him. He probably spent the 5 years wondering if he was worthy

Yeah, too bad he never saw the future where he opens a portal to Wakanda and simply tells Thor to aim for the head

the group wouldn't let thor use the gauntlet.
Thor's getting better but he's still long way off from his IW peak.

Thanos vs Marvel proved thanos is as brilliant as he is strong.

yeah I don't get why Tony even had to sacrifice himself
not to mention why they didn't use the Time Stone to undo his death

>betting you're entire timeline's existence on some rat.
When's Strange getting a second movie? didn't care much for the first one and thought it had a lot of wasted potential, but Everything with him afterwards has been great.

Wizards don't feel guilt

Well the interviews also talk about that. Tony was apparently the closest who could do something with it.

As for the time stone on Tony, from what I can interpret with my Chrome translation, its either that it would cause his snap to be undone or Tony will still be forced to die for some reason(stones backlash will still persist?)

ent.qq.com/a/20190429/007983.htm

If you look at it as Strange was only able to experience futures from the perspective of his potential future selves, then his "this is the only one we win" makes sense. Russos themselves said that Thanos would have time to snap even if Strange tried closing the portal over his arm and assuming they were able to get the IG off, no one knows how to use it, Thanos' trump card is gone, and he would probably have just gone at 100% at that point and killed everyone, called in his spaceships to orbital bombard everyone or something. But even then..

This is just fucking retarded

no you can't argue that. he explicitly said so

He also watched the future where ant-man actually did go up Thanos's ass, and the outcome of that future was that ant-man growing inside the ass so much caused a major cataclysmic catastrophe because physics cannot handle such an event.

Or the future where he uses the time stone to stop Quill from beating Thanos in the face

Strange wanted to kill both Thanos and Tony.
Thanos for obvious reasons and Tony because he's way too paranoid and might turn to Kang or worse The Maker if pepper or 3000 dies.

Why doesn't he have any teeth?

>It's easier to defeat Thanos than winning the lottery

Or the future where he tells Nebula to hit Peter in the head when he starts ranting.

>no one knows how to use it
what

You think Thanos had the manual?

Never forget that Tony build Ultron because muh PTSD and a nightmare.
Never forget that Tony fucked over the Avengers because some jerkass black lady son died because he took bad life choices.
Never forget that he challenged a terrorist on live television.
Yeah, we may be better off without Stark causing the end of the world one day.

If you're ever feeling bad about sucking at video games, remember that it took Dr. Strange 14,000,605 tries to beat Endgame.

It would have been cool to open the movie with one of the what if scenarios and see how it failed.

>Never forget that he challenged a terrorist on live television.
based as fucked

>RDJ as The Maker

Attached: 1246418186396.jpg (300x403, 17K)

It very much was a near miss, Thanos was so fucking close to snapping, like mid snap motion until carol interrupted him.

Someone else would have to Snap Thanos army. Because just because you beat the commander doesnt mean his army will just wipe out everyone the old fashioned way. Hydra and Mree may be willing to ally over a common foe but all life in the universe is going to burn.

Then there is the Decimation. Someone has to do it but who?

Quill? A man who lost his lover would want to try and resurrect her only to fail.

Thor? Well it could work. But he may want to use the stones to build new Asgard and die. Leaving the surviving asgardians leaderless.

Vision or Wanda? Wanda would not allow vision to do something like this and if Wanda makes the sacrifice we may have Vision overcome with grief and become Ultron MK2 and cloning Wanda is the least of the universe's worries

Strange? He still has the dimensions to protect and vowed not to abuse magic.

So only iron man is able to carry out the decimation on Thanos with few regrets

>Leaving the surviving asgardians leaderless.
Because that's totally not what he did anyway.

I can buy that.

who writes this crap.

>Stormbreaker chews straight through it
That's a feat for stormbreaker, Thor never got into a fistfight with Thanos and won.

>Dr.Strange just chose the reality where he had to the least amount of work during the final fight

nice. glad he got to mess around with a tornado or whatever.

Bendis

>future6000000: fuck the rat missed the button again

Got rid of both the biggest guys "cursed with knowledge", and allowed Tony the years of happiness and peace so that he could make that sacrifice without regret.

I hate Bendis so fucking much

>muh PTSD
I know empathy is hard for autistic people, user.

why didn't they just have shazam wish for thanos to be defeated?

Why didn't Tony Stark use the stones to grant him the power to survive using the stones

Why didn't Strange just send a message to Thor to aim for the head?

I think that was more about stormbreaker and catching him off guard. he coukd of teleported the ax away, stopped it in time, i would think break it with the power stone, turn it into paper, mind control thor and that's just using them one at a time

Thor was definitely way weaker

Hey, you try pathing all those dragoons and goliaths up a hill in starcraft 1. That's what Strange was doing.

Attached: download (1).gif (413x310, 2.87M)

This is like a fanfiction my friend would write back in high school. Or when he'd draw his own comic characters much like Chris-chan.

>He was weaker because he was fat
>Despite duel wielding against Thanos
Is that how gun nuts justify themselves? "It's ok, I'm no longer a fat piece of shit as long as I have all them sweet assault rifles!"

I imagine that creating a portal on Thanos's gloved arm is impossible to do because of the power stone fluctuations or some other bullshit.

>Out of all 14,000,000 possibilities, this was the only one where both Tony and Thanos die.
Pretty based desu.

I'm wondering if more then half of those failed timelines are because something happened to the mouse or it missed the button

reminder a lot of the timelines failed because that bitch refused to hand over the time stone unless Strange did it first

>4 billion people resurrect all because of a single solitary mouse

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (1920x1080, 890K)

>>future2: I have to do that all by myself? Seems like alot of work
>strange literally doesnt do shit in the final fight
This one actually has some legs to stand on

Where is that sameface bednis comic when you need it.

>The Ancient One says that during the first Avengers Dr Strange was performing surgery
>"Doctor the city is being attacked by aliens we need to leave"
>"Not before I'm done"

One assumes it was important surgery, not a nose job.

Mouse agenda much?

That sounds perfectly in character for Dr Strange honestly.

I can see some doctors keep performing surgery if the patient's life was at stake

addressing that in Dr. Strange 2 would be interesting. They'd never do that though

Thor is the God of Thunder, not lean abs.

Realistically, Thor's muscles don't actually reflect much improvement. He's naturally super strong and durable regardless.

It's behavior like that that landed him on Hydra's hit list in Winter Soldier.

Tony was the only one near Thanos and the gauntlet, he probably did not want to risk the fucker getting his hands on it again, getting rid of the army also just puts a stop to any needless deaths on his side.

>timeline #18347: aw man green chick doesn't come back