Its up

>its up
twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1123207343322222599

Thoughts on how this gonna play out?

Attached: 2356467567.jpg (630x1200, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI
youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8
twitter.com/jeffreygoldbIum/status/1123248381969817603
youtube.com/watch?v=1o6BSDz38aE&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=lTO85q4oc2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Made it to 40th second

Attached: simps bleach.gif (294x342, 438K)

THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING USED GANGSTA'S PARADISE

Attached: The superlative Laugh.jpg (517x768, 197K)

Jesus christ dude
I mean everything else looks ok but Sonic is just horrible. Why didn't they use an official model for sonic (one of the ones used in game cutscenes) idfk? I mean these design could kinda work if they gave him like a jacket to cover the arms and fixed his arms (also make the legs more cartoony and with less muscle).
And the final question: Why fucking Gangsta's Paradise?

Oh no

>mfw following that link
Seriously though, I my sides will be fucking destroyed the weekend this Carrey movie passes up Shazam.

Attached: Oh Lawd.jpg (584x600, 95K)

>GANGSTA'S PARADISE

Attached: 1460854059476.jpg (465x269, 27K)

Sonic's muscular build is kinda horrifying, but otherwise it seems like every cartoon ever.

Wow it looks like every bad video game movie ever made.

Like, those video game movies that immediately get forgotten about after they release, like Assassin's Creed

Attached: 1511003226579.png (621x491, 268K)

BLUE ARMS
L
U
E

A
R
M
S

You said it, Knuckles.

Move over Defective Pukeatyou

The REAL king of video game movies is here

Attached: D5Zzo6jW4AAt2tY.jpg (937x585, 55K)

Fuck you it looks better than Woody woodpecker

That's not an achievement.

And if this were direct-to-DVD like Woody Woodpecker no one except some random youtuber would give a fuck

But it's not

I don't even know what to say or do about this. Never has anything left me this speechless.

Attached: 1397780938331.gif (600x450, 267K)

CWC is going to fucking hang himself.

they did it. they absolutely did it.

Attached: Dr Robotnik.jpg (1008x506, 43K)

Oh my god they cannot act worth a shit.

Ben Schwartz acts exactly like RANDY CUNNINGHAM
and Jim Carrey acts like Jim Carry. Whoah.

This is the live-action Iron Man again.

Why do we call them actors IF THEY CAN'T ACT ANYONE ELSE BUT THEMSELVES?

Attached: star-vs-forces-evil-1180w-600h-780x440-1439253938.jpg (780x440, 91K)

>>off by a few seconds

I can’t believe they’d just spoil their post credits scene like this.

Carrey was so unfunny.

Is this one of those movies that was done as a tax write off? They didn't any effort into making it look good. Like said, it looks like every generic bad video game movie.

Attached: IMG_4353.jpg (766x460, 46K)

>You can see where the bald cap ends and where his forehead begins

Hahahaha

CWC is gonna shoot up a mosque.

>Robotnik

Wait, so they're calling him Robotnik in the movie instead of Eggman? I thought Sega deleted all the US localization names in the 2000s to harmonize international versions with the Japanese canon?

You people are the reason Jesus doesn't talk to us anymore.

Yet another Alvin and the Chipmunks live action garbage.

You know I didn't even check. But IMDB has him listed as Dr. Ivo Robotnik (but that could just be IMDB shenanigans)

I'm getting some serious Master of Disguise vibes from this.

Who exactly is its demographic?

I personally can't wait until this disaster comes out on theaters and we see just how truly horrible it looks

Attached: 1524141249262.png (400x474, 271K)

Gotta get those butts in the seats somehow

>twitter

real link here
youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI

Attached: charlie-brown.jpg (300x388, 18K)

>Is this one of those movies that was done as a tax write off?

>$90m budget

Yep

who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

THERE SHOULD BE LAWS AGAINST THESE THINGS
This movie cannot possibly cost more than 5 million dollars taking into account California's inflated minimum wage.

Feels like an amateur parody movie on a shoestring budget.

Attached: dcyll5x-08cfa5ff-c48f-4298-885a-bab2e7d6a9b3.jpg (800x600, 54K)

looks like the best film 2002 never had

Attached: 1553298951334.jpg (551x622, 87K)

>I thought Sega deleted all the US localization names in the 2000s to harmonize international versions with the Japanese canon?

Japan has this hangup about US versions of their domestic media. They tend to let American movies/shows based on Japanese anime/games use their localizations and they even KEEP those localizations in the Japanese dubs.

Like the Japanese dub of Street Fighter (the Van Damme movie) kept the American names for Bison, Balrog and Vega and didn't swap them back around to the Japanese versions. The Japanese dub of the Wachowski Bros. Speed Racer movie wasn't retitled "Mach GoGoGo" in Japan and used all the American Speed Racer names. The Japanese dubs of the live-action Transformers movies all use names like Optimus Prime, Autobots, Decepticons instead of Convoy, Cybertron, Destron, etc. The Voltron Netflix series wasn't changed to Go Lion for its Japanese dub and on and on and on.

From what I've heard, it's so that the Japanese make a CLEAR distinction that the American movies are NOT in line with the Japanese canon. So that's probably why Sega let "Robotnik" through for the movie instead of forcing them to use "Eggman" like they do with everything else.

I can't explain what's happening to my face but it's painful

Objectively worse than the new genie.

>2002.
It honestly feels like one of those late 80s-early 90s video game adaptations. My only hope is that it's so bad it's good, or has a particularly standout performance where the actor just hams the everloving fuck out of it, like the street fighter movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8

>Fucking Sonic got a movie before Flash in your lifetime
Fucking kek.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 6K)

>or has a particularly standout performance where the actor just hams the everloving fuck
seems thats the entire reason they casted Carrey as Eggman

How do you fuck gangster's paradise up?

Attached: 1504383464470.gif (640x360, 386K)

Tank Girl, Mystery Men, Bulletproof Monk and Howard the Duck all got movies before Spider-Man, the X-Men or most of the Avengers (independent or assembled). Low level shit often gets movies before top tier shit, because more care and attention is put into the big franchises than the little guys.

Though it hasn't come up much since Sonic Adventure 2, Sega retconned the character to make Ivo Robotnik his birthname and Doctor Eggman his supervillain moniker, so that both names would technically be canon.

His grandfather's Japanese name is プロフェッサー・ジェラルド・ロボトニック (Purofessā Jerarudo Robotonikku), and his cousin's Japanese name is マリア・ロボトニック (Maria Robotonikku), so the Robotnik name is definitely canon, even in Japan.

Sega did that during the Adventure years to ease Westerners into the Japanese names, but they dropped it a long time ago. They refer to those characters as just Prof. Gerald and Maria now and haven't acknowledged the Robotnik part of their names in a decade (even Shadow's Sega Channel profile only refers to them by their first name and Eggman's Sega Channel profile lists his real name as unknown). The Japanese version of Sonic Generations doesn't have the "No one calls me THAT anymore" joke in it, either.

This is the first time Sega's allowed the name "Robotnik" to be acknowledged at all in a very long time.

Glad to at least see these guys getting some competition!

Attached: SMB.jpg (1400x2100, 247K)

>Feels like an amateur parody movie on a shoestring budget.

I would rather watch a minimalist opera performance where people are just painted as the character they're supposed to be than watch this movie

Kino

I’m honestly fucking hyped, sonic and its autistic fan base has annoyed me ever since I was in elementary school, seeing all the seething rage from furfaggotry and Sega cucks is going to be delicious. Also it looks to be a “so bad it’s good” kind of film so I’m going to enjoy it from that part too.

Wow Doctor Strange 2 sure took a weird turn

Attached: D5Z4S6rW0AARV7d.jpg (692x1024, 199K)

It's more beautiful than I could have ever hoped for.

This might be close to Fant4stic.

Attached: All my yes.png (277x257, 43K)

Practical effects > CGI
No competition

Attached: just.jpg (1559x397, 123K)

Sonic only looks decent when he’s angry and that’s a problem, his non-smug expressions look soulless and terrifying.

It's even worse than I expected

Attached: 1504393094404.jpg (600x400, 45K)

moebius is gonna be the final battle, it's not the post credits. the post credits is a slow zoom on a emerald and a red hand appear in the last frame

>the post credits is a slow zoom on a emerald and a red hand appear in the last frame

>The next movie introduces Knuckles and other echidnas
>Ken Penders sues Paramount/Viacom over "muh OC Echidnas"

I want this.

>Ken Penders getting lawyer suplexed into the fucking ground by Paramount

Yes. I want this. You have no EARTHLY IDEA how much I want this.

>those teeth
>those eyes
>those teeth
>that nose
>those teeth
>those hands
>those teeth
>THOSE TEETH

Attached: ludic.png (408x400, 167K)

Is... is he in the Mushroom Kingdom?
Are they seriously going to take this in the direction I think they're taking it?

This shit is like that greentext about the Mario movie where Kesha's Tik Tok plays only this is actually real

Attached: 1526936565592.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

of course not

that's him post-credits trapped on Sonic's world

I would kill to see this.

I would forgive everything about this movie if Pender's got sued back to the stone age because of it..

BUT IN THE STONE AGE

are we sure ken penders isnt involved?

I actually liked it, maybe ironically.

>Gotta go fast

It killed me they'd use it. They're making good use of the speedster stuff, but the look does through it off, gloves at least would be nice, the dude's just naked.

Also this movie seems more centered on Jim Carrey.

Why did Janny delete the last thread?

Sonic Twitter character audios though

as it should be

Both Japanese and English SA2 has the words Robotnik Empire appear behind him in a cutscene

All you had to do was to make a Sonic Boom Movie

Everything looks terrible. Looks like I'm gonna live to watch Viacom go under.

>I Don't Know What The Hell I'm Talking About: The Post

If Jim Carry says "Pingas" it'll be all worth it.

This will be a surprise hit.

>blue arms

Attached: 1419932552463.jpg (406x408, 25K)

This will make a great Box Office Bombs Double-Feature with the new Hellboy.

>This will make a great Box Office Bombs Double-Feature with the new Hellboy.
Fuck you i loved reboot hellboy

At least three international posters are up so far, with two of them being virtually identical except a logo element

Should I call anybody?

Please link me the japanese reactions of this offense against God from twitter like last time.

Attached: D2Ed5tFWwAAgwYq.jpg (720x544, 68K)

you haunt children with this

Why does his mouth open in that stupid smirky way?

>WRONG
>refutes nothing

Are you doing an impression of Jim Carrey in the trailer, user?

How's he gonna react?

Attached: chris_chan.jpg (800x450, 141K)

>refutes nothing
So?

Well technically yeah. I was pointing it out as a reason why it got made, Carrey's been looking to get back into the movie game and this looks like his big re-break out or something.

I'm only gonna watch this for Carrey

>live action Sonic looks like a creep in a furry costume

This movie is everything I’ve ever expected it to be

BASED JEFF GOLDBLUM
twitter.com/jeffreygoldbIum/status/1123248381969817603

>But the Japanese do use the Americans names in their dub of the Street Fighter movie
>But the Japanese do use the American names in their dub of the Speed Racer movie
>But the Japanese do use the American names in their dub of the Transformers movies
>But the Japanese do use the American names in their dub of Voltron Legendary Defender

If you have any proof to the contrary, you're gonna have to show your work, weeb.

AC wasnt bad, just mediocre

They actually didn't use Mobius.

Jeff's just upset that he didn't get to reprise his roll

Attached: earth girls are easy.jpg (500x281, 49K)

WB needs to send Paramount a "thank you" card

Attached: Detective Sonic.png (290x512, 14K)

He's going to sigh a lot

creeps in furry costumes wish they could make their faces articulate like that. but if they did, the resulting headgear would be american-healthcare levels of expensive, and would probably last all of two weeks before they were coated in a thick crusty layer of BLAST PROCESSING

He hates it.

Attached: cwc_sonicreaction.png (879x1020, 537K)

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

Attached: 1552363763654.gif (365x401, 618K)

>Are you doing an impression of Jim Carrey in the trailer, user?

Attached: Dae0xfFVAAAP5DX.jpg (1200x527, 133K)

If it's possible, furries would splurge that amount of cash.

its weird because he understands that its just a movie but he also believe those characters exist in some alternative universe and he'll probably find himself doing a lot of mental gymnastics to justify the inclusion of this movie to his own little world, or maybe he'll just have a moment of reality and understand its just a movie.

Attached: 10432462_528707583921903_4664670689636734354_n.jpg (206x315, 9K)

>Gangsta’s Paradise
I need a screencap of that leak so my friends don’t think I’m crazy. Fucking stunned beyond words.

Attached: 46737748-5065-4A8D-8B9E-8504561140DD.gif (320x180, 153K)

I only require that Jim Carrey sing "I Am the Eggman". If he does that, all is forgiven.

If I was a kid and I saw this he would be the object of my nightmares

yeah, they should have gone shoes, gloves and runner pants for Sonic. Go full Olympic Speedrunner with the look.

which is likely going to be its saving grace, if Carrey stays in the zone the whole movie as in the trailer

this is him advertising himselfg for a Mad Scientist role in a cape movie, isnnit?
He would be a SWEET Mad Thinker, I think.
With Jeff Daniels as The Awesome Android.

So there IS going to be a promotional tie-in with Sonic restaurants, right? They didn't overlook such an obvious fast food tie in, did they?

Attached: untitled.png (1091x614, 1.15M)

Gotta floss, boss!

Attached: Coconuts011.jpg (720x576, 108K)

And SA2 was the last time Robotnik was used in any important role.

youtube.com/watch?v=1o6BSDz38aE&feature=youtu.be

This better not be like another Emoji Movie, where you fucks meme a shitty movie into being profitable. This thing only cost 90 mil, that's literally nothing.

Attached: 1424493023284.jpg (459x360, 49K)

>Both Japanese and English SA2 has the words Robotnik Empire appear behind him in a cutscene

His point was that Sega hasn't used the name Robotnik in a very long time. Pointing out that it appeared in SA2 is supporting his claim, not refuting it.

Attached: D5afbmVWwAA-1Pd.png (900x900, 203K)

He does keep saying that our universe will merge with Sonichus one

If we're lucky.

I like to imagine Chris learned his lesson from how his Sonic Boom protest ended with him spending a night in lockup, but Chris is nothing if not full of surprises

>it's going to happen

Attached: 1526878359605.jpg (473x587, 57K)

>prepare the enemas

This post quotes me three times, that's funny. I'm surprised someone else knows who the Mad Thinker is, the Avengers baddie? Because I actually like him too, I like his over-thinking, send androids to do things, never personally risk yourself, thing he had going on. He's underrated and interesting.

>yeah, they should have gone shoes, gloves and runner pants for Sonic. Go full Olympic Speedrunner with the look.

Yeah I'm not that into Sonic but this seems necessary for the character, not just stark naked. Maybe the story will explain more, like he's a mutant or something but still.. Becoming self-aware usually involves protecting the sex organs.

>who the Mad Thinker is, the Avengers baddie?
he's more of a Fantastic Four baddie, though.

For sonic, it's more a matter of color balance, he's just too blue like that, he nees something to break it up.

Apologize

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

No, the post credits scene is GUN using that hair to make their own super fast hedgehog.

Project: Shadow

This will be the movie that will push an already unwell jim carrey into a drug-induced oblivion, becoming undesirable as an actor he will finally kill himself.

how will tails be referenced

He already did that years ago though.
youtube.com/watch?v=lTO85q4oc2c

Sonic looks WAY too human. It looks weird. Like I thought maybe it would look better in motion but man was I wrong. His voice is also weird.

Jim Carrey looks so over the top that he looks like the best part of the movie.

I'm a sucker for speedster action so I can't entirely hate it.

Attached: Sonic.jpg (1627x792, 137K)

Attached: 1556587678749.jpg (1199x492, 139K)

The Japanese never cared about Sonic

Why was the first thread removed after 200 posts? Sonic has both parts of Yea Forums in the franchise and this is partially animated. It’s at least as Yea Forums as the Brie Larsen spam for christ’s sake.

I need it too.

Attached: Dy5TET-XgAANpGk.jpg (1200x787, 70K)

I am genuinely worried about that. We've known for a while that Carrey is not in the best headspace. He's been on the edge of insanity for the better part of a decade now, and I worry that the backlash that this film is bound to get will finally push him over that edge.
He's been in some real stinkers before, so it's not like it'd be new to be in a major role of a shitty film. But it's the build up of psychological damage he's accrued that worries me.

But hey, maybe he'll be a great Eggman. Maybe people will come away from the theaters saying "yeah the movie sucked, but I actually loved Jim as Eggman!"
Wishful thinking, probably.

Attached: Oh.gif (222x379, 2.87M)

That's how he'll get his Earth name. After eating a fat chili dog.

SHOTS FIRED

SA2 is the only time this has ever been used in Japan.
Even now when Maria and Gerald come up they only refer to them by their first names and Robotnik is never mentioned anywhere. If you could even consider it canon, it's most definitely phased out by this point just like Rosy The Rascal.
I'd be willing to bet that it being used in SA2 was probably just influenced by the fact SA2 was made in America and nothing more. Even in Generations they had a chance to keep the Robotnik joke that the English script had but they chose to completely remove it from the Japanese dialogue (since it was written in English first by Pontaff like Colors was).

Someone explain to me why this looks so much worse then Detective Pikachu

Protip: it doesn't. Both look equally terrible; it's just that the Pokemon fanbase is far larger and more delusional than the sonic fanbase

Attached: D5aI6bFWwAA_4Mp.png (620x408, 343K)

You take that back. Mario Bros., for all it's faults, was an imaginative film. Fuck, 90% movie took place in a fully fleshed out alternate universe.

This shit is your standard "place CGI character in real world" budget schlock.

Attached: w72780esgvfy.jpg (885x486, 133K)