ITT: We post the moment you drop the MCU

ITT: We post the moment you drop the MCU

Attached: giphy.gif (500x230, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2019/04/29/movies/avengers-endgame-explainer.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how could they get Quicksilver but not the rest of the X-men guys?

>the MCU version gets killed off before he even does anything
>the FoX-Men version is godawful

RIP

Attached: oldcap.png (527x541, 556K)

Him and Wanda didn't started out as mutants

Honestly when that said they'd bring back a character no once expected I was hoping for quickslav.

There was a lawsuit between Disney and Fox over Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch; Fox's argument was that they should get them because they're mutants and Magneto's kids, Disney's argument was that they were both long-established members of the Avengers. Settlement was that they could both use them in their movies, but they had to be distinctly different and Disney couldn't have them as mutants or Magneto's kids while Fox couldn't mention the Avengers.

Fuck this movie

Attached: captainmarvel5c8c5737a6a66.jpg (2700x1800, 248K)

no, originally they were mutants, just not Magneto's children (and it was even hinted that Magneto had the hots for Scarlet Witch in some of the 60s X-Men comics)

then they got retconned into being Magneto's children, which remained the status quo throughout 30-40 years of comics and cartoons and movies

then, when Avengers 2 came out and made them the product of magical HYDRA experiments instead of mutants, the comic writers stupidly decided to torpedo several decades of comic book history by revealing that they weren't Magneto's children after all, and also weren't even mutants

Everything related to Captian Marvel is disgusting

Captian Marvel fags should just have sex

Yes, me too. What a slap in the face. He lives out a depression fantasy of a back-in-time do-over. With some other Peggy. That's not even the MCU's characterization ten movies prior, let alone Steve Rogers in the comics.

The writers and directors screwed him up so much. Steve is about focusing on the present and the future.

>nytimes.com/2019/04/29/movies/avengers-endgame-explainer.html

"Enlightened selfishnes" my ass

But considering how badly the Russos and Markus and McFeely understand him, i'll ignore it like I ignore Tony's characterization in AoU, CW and so on. They get them even less right than Whedon. How.

Yes because having sex immediately makes you not a gigantic faggot. This meme is probably the dumbest fucking meme you fucking zoomers have made in the past 2 years.

Every story about MCU Steve has already been told, let him have a happy ending

Having sex makes your a passable (C- at worst) human being at least. Without sex, you're closer to D or F.

I didn't drop it outright, but Spidey's last minute inclusion in Civil War was the moment the flaws in these adaptations became impossible to ignore.

Quicksilver's shelving was definitely a close contender, though.

Attached: Captain-America-Civil-War-Spider-Man-Shield-Official.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 64K)

i should stop using mutants and x-men as synonyms

It’s an alternate timeline, the Russos confirm it. Meaning he likely didn’t “lay low” to the point of letting HYDRA spread.
He clearly told Bucky what he was doing, and Bucky was likely okay with it. Watch the scene right before he goes on the time platform again.
He has saved the world time and time again, so there’s no fair metric by which you could say he has a duty to continue in that timeline.

Face it. Cap did absolutely nothing wrong by going back and living his happy ending. You’re just jealous.

Why go to some other timeline? He could stay here with his Sharon Carter, his Bucky and all his friends. Why did everyone in this timeline suddenly become useless to Steve?

When I tried re-watching the first Avengers movie on TV a few months after I saw it in theaters, got bored, and read a book instead.

Who was the character they brought back?

why do you brainlets keep asking the same question? No matter what he did he would have ended up in an alternate timeline. The Avengers never actually went into their own past in the entire movie, but the past of another reality

Why didn't they use time travel already in iw?

They who?

Spiderman Homecoming.
>"""Hot""" Aunt May
>Woke "totally not" Mary Jane
>Dropping the superior love interest because they only had enough originality for one movie
>Aunt May finds out right off the bat Peter is Piderman, in a comedic fashion, further under cutting her as a character
>0 mention of uncle Ben
>Loud expositing of "I'm totally Spiderman" in school and NO one saying shit
>Pussy ass Flash who "subverts the bullying expectations"
>Penis Parker
>No JJ
This movie just felt like a bad modern YA diary.

>Fox couldn't mention the Avengers
Oh no, how tough that must have been for them.

Captain America using the hammer was cool and okay.

Using a lighting strike? Not okay.

Attached: p524.png (1024x458, 503K)

What the fuck were they thinking? Did they really think it was bad that Carol was associated with a man as her mentor? Fuck the MCU sometimes and fuck Captain Marvel. What a shitshow. I have no answer. Mar Vell was a good hero and they shit on him for no reason.

>Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor
Are there really people that hasn't figured out how Mjolnir's worthiness enchanment works?

at least they didn't replace Uncle Ben with an "Uncle Max" who died of a heart attack years before Peter became Spider-Man, like the original 70s movie did

The only right answer

Attached: The_Incredible_Hulk_poster.jpg (220x326, 63K)

>cap age a bit slower than regular man
>bucky stays the same
COЮЗ HEPУШИMЫЙ

Yikes. Have sex

>considering how badly the Russos and Markus and McFeely
Considering there responsible for nearly every Cap appearance, why do you even care about MCU Cap?

>Wanting Granny May

Agree with the rest though

A mini gun that can blow apart robots only does as much surface damage to a human body as 9mm bullets? Quicksilver doesn't have durability as part of his powerset.

Did nobody know how the time travel works? Cap went back to Peggy and continued being a hero. It's why he had a new shield when he came back. How they resolved having 2 Steve Rogers in that timeline is never answered though.

I'm saying eh should have come back to the present and retired. And fuck Maria Hill or Sharon instead.

Prolly the moment Steve danced with Carter in the house in Endgame.

Endgame isn't perfect but it's a proper closure to everything that was started from 2008 Iron Man, with no loose ends left hanging (nothing major anyway).

Now with Stark gone and Cap is joining him very soon, there's no way Disney could pull off another Avengers (short of a total reboot with new casts replacing the likes of RDJ, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, pretty much everyone). GotG is its own thing now and I've no doubt it will be great but it's no Avengers.

So yeah. No more MCU for me. I prolly gonna still watch Dr Strange and GotG but other MCU project? No. Not even spiderman. Prolly when it showed on HBO but still, there won't be that anticipation, that itch you couldn't scratch away, that urge to go watch the damn thing the first day it hits the cinema, like MCU's Phase I-3

>Lebowski Thor took Mjolnir in Thor 2(t) and took it to the future (t1)
>still uses it in Avengers and Thor 3 between those points

Attached: 1530196148478.jpg (1200x949, 87K)

cap took mjolnir back with the stones

What part of different timelines don’t you get?

>hbo

Go get netflix, granpa

haven't dropped it yet, interested to see how they rebuild from here

not excited, but still interested
kinda like how big box office pull made me interested in venom and aquaman and great reviews made me interested in shazam

Yeah no. I pay 50 bucks/mo for satellite that includes HBO, skinnemax, natgeo, history and espn (plus literally hundreds of free tv)

Right about here

Attached: 200w_d.gif (200x84, 85K)

glad to see david bowie got some movie work done before he died

Now. I'm getting sick of it and the end of endgame is the perfect time to stop

how does it feel to be too stupid to follow a children's movie

Yup, me too,it's way too much OOC to actually sympathize with it, even And make more sense.

Haven't happened yet.

I soft-dropped the series after Iron Man 2 which was shit, then watched everything after CotG (I watched that since it was honest about being a comedy, unlike the other films, the rest I watched out of an obligation to my father who has cancer and is a big capeshit fan, so I tag along with him everytime he wants to see a movie).

>I will teach you how to fight.

Attached: 7aqz9jbuo68doqdz.jpg (700x350, 22K)

I didn't even realize that Wasp was Kate from Lost until the sequel

I wanted to see that bitch beaten to a bloody pulp, but of course it will never happen.

Why can't you nerds accept a happy ending

>Using a lighting strike? Not okay.
Someone doesn't have a kinometer

what are you, an alien?

I think he does. It's the only to explain a 'normal' human with superspeed NOT fucking himself up by colliding with metal robots at high speed or via air friction from traveling so fast that bullets appear in slow-mo to him.

Thor Ragnarok. They really did my boy Loki dirty. They've been doing Loki dirty the whole MCU for that matter.

Loki's magic is either so shit he might as well not have it.

>I soft-dropped the series after Iron Man 2 which was shit
Same, i knew it quickly knew i will not like enjoy these movies when they didn't adapt "Demon in Bottle" arc in iron man 2. I only went to watch Avengers because friend dragged me to theater.

Red Eyes take warning

Pic related will happen in WandaVision.

Attached: Chthonsilver.jpg (1278x1364, 1015K)

God, I hope so

Calm down, YellowJacket

Loki was literally born to be done dirty

Gamora