Would he have pulled off War Machine in subsequent MCU movies all the way to Endgame if he wasn’t an arrogant prick...

Would he have pulled off War Machine in subsequent MCU movies all the way to Endgame if he wasn’t an arrogant prick and decided to ask for more money to reprise his role for Iron Man 2?

Attached: 68BADDE8-35DC-46DB-88EF-185D85240E8A.jpg (2048x1565, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/people/terrence-howard-thinks-1x1-2-has-a-secret-system-called-terryology-and-spends-17-hours-a-day-making-10502365.html
variety.com/2019/film/news/don-cheadle-replacing-terrence-howard-avengers-endgame-1203198923/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah I'm glad they got Cheadle. He sells it better.

Next time, baby

>if he wasn’t an arrogant prick and decided to ask for more money to reprise his role for Iron Man 2?

This is a common misconception that Terrence Howard was fired because he asked a pay raise

he was fire because he refused a pay cut and wanted the pay initially mentioned to him in the multi film contract he had signed when being cast for Iron Man 1

Terrence Howard was the biggest name attached to Iron Man 1 and Marvel studios then hoped he could help in the sequels for a potential War Machine storyline, so they decided to sign him with a total fee of 7 or 8 million dollhairs iirc

But when Marvel Studios realized Iron Man had became a surprise hit at the box office with praise showering towards RDJ performace, they reneged on the 7-8 million and instead low balled it to 4 Million realizing that Terrence would be dispensable to the franchise even if he refused

So Terrence turned that offered down and wanted to renegotiate better terms but Marvel Studios (I strongly suspect Ike Perlmutter here) just decided to drop him from the contract because it was not binding at Marvels end which Terrence Howard foolishly didnt realize

> "Two inch" Howard
Biggest bullet dodge marvel ever made

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

He would've been a fun 90's black guy action movie throwback, which would've been better than Cheadle sleepwalking through these movies. I don't get why people seem to prefer Cheadle so much; it really feels more like they just don't like Howard in real life than them actually liking cheadle's performance.

>if he wasn’t an arrogant prick and decided to ask for more money

Why do people keep saying this?
Because its objectively wrong.
He got paid 4 million dollars for IM 1and had in his contract, if the movie got a sequel he would get 8 million dollars. The first movie was a massive success, and Marvel basically said no to his contract. Not only were they not giving him the 8 million promised, they lowballed him and tried to offer him around 2 million. Less money than he made in the first movie.

>people mad at Howard for Disney/Marvel trying to fuck him out of money he was promised

Also he was willing to take less than the 8 million in his contract, and was in negotiations with them over a new deal. Then they just hired Don Cheadle while still in negotiations with him.

>his real life buddy RDJ also didn't come to his defense
Reminder Howard is the one that talked Marvel into giving the Tony Stark role to RDJ. They didn't trust him since he was going through his drug issues at the time. But Howard vouched for him. I believe Howard to this day hates RDJ for not having his back like he had his.

Don Cheadle did an interview last week with Variety and he said he met Howard the day after Don got the role from him and he said he was cool with it and that there's no beef

Speaking up against a huge pay cut for potentially a bigger part in the sequel is now arrogant?

Numbers never lie.

I honestly think there was a low-key smear campaign against Howard. yeah he says some stupid shit but so does almost literally every other actor . does. Plus everyone spinning it like he asked for some outrageous sum when the truth was they wanted to pay him less for more work. Its the type of shit we rightfully hate on Perlmutter for doing when he had more control but for whatever reason its Howard who gets shit on instead of Perlmutter and company.

You can't even say it was a bad career move since Cheadle is barely in anything besides these movies(though to be fair, I see him and Gwyneth Paltrow as actors who were already planning on slowing down so these movie schedules eating up so much time isn't a big deal to them)

>arrogant prick
History revision. He either had to get a massive paycut or not be in the movie, he had no good options.

>he fucking thought

Attached: 1480097652227.png (245x226, 79K)

I think he looks weird and has the voice of ten year old boy.

Didn't Howard go nuts for a time after getting fired and tried to start his own form of mathematics or something?

Fuck you he stood up for himself and they knocked him down

The man's a shithead wife beater, but he was in the right for standing by and not agreeing to a pay cut.

I'm only just now finding this out. After finding out about other instances of Perlmutter's fuckery the last few days I feel bad for thinking Howard was just being greedy.

>Terrence Howard
More like poor man's Cuba Gooding Jr.

He has better chemistry with Downey than Don Cheadle.

Yes.
independent.co.uk/news/people/terrence-howard-thinks-1x1-2-has-a-secret-system-called-terryology-and-spends-17-hours-a-day-making-10502365.html

>How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be.

Cheadle seemed very standoffish with everyone.

>I was always wondering, you know, why does a bubble take the shape of a ball? Why not a triangle or a square? I figured it out

This is ridiculously. We already know why a bubble is a sphere

Nah dude, Cheadle IS Rhodey.
The "i'll make my own math" dude would have just tried to out-quip Tony in his every scene while making the life of everyone in the set a hell.

wow check all those seven man, there is at least like 42 of them!

Attached: EMP-S5_504-sc12-ch_0281_f_hires2-450x289.jpg (450x289, 14K)

This, Howard is much better and energetic actor
Was excellent in IM

The man unironically thinks 1 x 1 = 2.
He literally argued with actual mathematicians that ONE TIMES ONE EQUALS TWO
As far as I trust his math skills, he probably thought the exact same pay was a cut.

This is the moment I think of whenever an actor talks about politics

Damn, legit stabbed in the back by his own friend, through i can somewhat understand it, back then RDJ's career was in the toilet, he just did this because for once he was finally getting work and now he owes not only his friend he backstabbed to his revival but he's now officially done with Marvel, he got to go out a huge hero, he got to leave it at it's highest moment, nothing they do now short of Galactus would ever have the impact this flim did and not once did he ever try to stick up for his friend or kill the narrative of him being fired by the just Marvel because how dare he demand more money for a project that's actually starting to grow legs after already taking a pay cut?

That's hollywood for you, nothing but traitors and pretenders

>this guy was a bigger star than RDJR in 08-09
sometimes life can really fuck up your existence

>Reminder Howard is the one that talked Marvel into giving the Tony Stark role to RDJ
It was Favreau who suggested RDJ

Not the same guy but here the source
variety.com/2019/film/news/don-cheadle-replacing-terrence-howard-avengers-endgame-1203198923/

>Don Cheadle said he was given an hour to decide if we wanted to join the Avengers. And if the pressure wasn’t high enough already, he received the call while putting on his daughter’s birthday party.

>Cheadle said Robert Downey Jr. and producer Kevin Feige called him during his daughter’s birthday party to tell him that Terrence Howard wouldn’t be returning as War Machine. They gave Cheadle an hour to decide if he wanted to replace Howard. “‘You just gotta take a leap of faith,'” Cheadle remembered them saying. “But that’s, like, ten years. That could be 12 years that we’re talking about,” said Cheadle. “I said, ‘Well, I’m at my daughter’s birthday party.’ They said, ‘Oh, take two hours.'

>Cheadle said he coincidentally saw Howard the very next day. “We never had any beef,” he said. The actors have known each other for years, most notably working together for the Oscar-winning “Crash.”

I wish Cuba Gooding Jr. was cast as Rhodey.

im still laughing