What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: bee and puppycat.png (900x506, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dop4MTlf_zc
youtube.com/watch?v=YZSgK9vrYdA
youtube.com/watch?v=SLpgnQpfNgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>adult cartoon
>bee never went topless or was used for fan service
Well there’s your problem

It was something just short of a literal scam from the get go.

making the main character a fucking robot
I thought she was supposed to be relatable

The biggest thing was the way they threw out more than half the things that people liked about the pilot for the main bulk of the show, right up until the very last episode where they only gave these things a passing mention to try to rehook fans for a new season
>the design change (worsened by insulting the fans for not liking the design change)
>Puppycat’s space outlaw backstory is completely ignored
>none of the monsters have scary designs like Wallace
>Bee’s semi relatable financial struggles aren’t really felt
>they dump the sort of balance they had between the slightly sombre and unsettling tone and the whacky cutesy stuff, in favor of doubling down on just whacky cutesy stuff

This and technical/marketing issues like
>youtube was not a sustainable viewing platform for them and they had to move the show
>they tried to force memes to sell shitty merchandise

That part came out of fucking nowhere and was presented in a really bad way, but conceptually it was one of the few almost interesting things to happen in the whole show.

The complete art style change and change in personality of pretty much every character.

Horrible animation
Mostly unlikable protag after the first episide
Pacing is fucked
No editor to go "You can't make every scene a pastel sugarscape"

It took too long, and didn't really went anywhere whit the premise of the pilot.

Cleavage

Looking at the Pic, the answer is quite obvious

>they tried to force memes to sell shitty merchandise

Post some examples.

> Made girl fat
Literally fuck those stupid animals.

Cleavage Crab. It never properly took off as a meme, but they clearly wanted it to. They made a shit ton of plushies that nobody wanted because the joke never took off.

>>Bee’s semi relatable financial struggles aren’t really felt
>>they dump the sort of balance they had between the slightly sombre and unsettling tone and the whacky cutesy stuff, in favor of doubling down on just whacky cutesy stuff

yeah i thought it was more interesting before when it was more... idk, grounded in reality? not that i disliked it but it could have been better

Attached: 1555696548022.jpg (369x420, 37K)

Leaving youtube. I still haven’t finished the series because of that.

It took too long and it's candy was gone.

They brought back all the new episodes to YouTube last year.

Cartoon Hangover's first line of cartoons were forced, shameless trend hoppers. Probably so they could get their foot in the door. B&P was an artificial cash cow that sterilized itself into irrelevancy. I feel CH is embarrassed by it.

this.
Idk why they couldn't keep the old design that looked like regular show/adventure time. They just jump aboard on the steven universe style.Also, what happened to the writing.What made it even worse?They seems to be pandering like making that gender bender episode.Bee became male for no reason.

I honestly thought it was a parody of magic girl shows from the pilot. Instead of failing at school and with friends, Bee was losing at life. When magical crap happened, like the mail opening itself to glossy animation, it scared the shit out of her. Puppycat seemed designed to play on subtitle jokes, like how a one-syllable response would take three sentences of text to explain. You can’t have a farting ladybug in anything but a parody, right?

Then the show came out, and it was just a magical girl show. That sucked.

-bad redesign
-jewtube changed their revenue granting stream
-several characters that exist merely to appeal to autistic tumblrtards while having no meaningful reason to exist
-Bee goes from a 20-something loser to an autistic fat child
-story didn't seem to advance considering the small number of episodes

You say that, but in hindsight it only took a year

>it's been 6 years since the pilot

I want to go back

magical girl shit again, that art style, relateable female MC, obnoxious wacky cutestuff, etc

It stopped trying to be it's own thing and very clearly started getting inspiration from shows like Steven Universe.

At its worse, it's "own thing" was just a generic web comic in animation form. But once it was clear they wanted to be Steven Universe 2.0, it just became a bad knock-off. And there's no reason to watch a knock-off when the real thing is around the corner.

>it was one of the few almost interesting things to happen in the whole show.
Not even "almost interesting." It's a tired trope that Millenials use as a shocking twist because of how easily subversive it is. I can name 2 or 3 Marvel comics in the past couple of years that have used the same plot twist. And shockingly, they were also written by millenial women.

>no real budget
>no experience with animating a show or having a budget
>probably was a free for all with no actual leadership or direction.
>became grey tumblr material without any personality or identity.

I loved the pilot, but really couldn't get into watching more than two episodes after that. I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Anybody got a webm of the incredible shrinking arms?

Less a cartoon and more of pastel tumblr safe space hellscape.

the only thing surprising was they didn't just explain away her personality as adhd or some other mental conditions. you would think the tumblr crowd would jump on the opportunity for 'representation" like that

>-several characters that exist merely to appeal to autistic tumblrtards while having no meaningful reason to exist

Okay but one of those characters was Toast, who was perhaps the best received piece of the show.

Was this even released? I just remember pilot like 10 years ago, some complaining about redesigns, and background a cameo in Costume Quest 2.

Is that the little British weirdo? Because that one sucks.

No, Toast is the female boxer who is mostly a Ranma 1/2 reference and has the same voice actress as Sailor Moon.

>Toast is the female boxer
How the fuck does anyone like her

I assumed it was because she has tits.

>-story didn't seem to advance considering the small number of episodes

i stopped watching after they wasted an entire episode on one big studio ghibli reference

What Ghibli reference?

Oooo, this is terrible.

It was doomed from the moment it chose that hideous CalArts style

Bee is annoying. Not like cute annoying either. She just YELLS ALL HER DIALOGUE. And she's just not really endearing. She's bratty and obnoxious and tends to spend her time whining and complaining. Which is more grating cuz her voice itself is pretty annoying. Bee could've been cute based on her design and role in the story but instead she's just a screeching woman-child.

Attached: 1417736717184.gif (570x420, 405K)

Here's a question. How do you fix Bee and Puppycat? Like you have to keep the same characters and the same basic story outline. But what do you change?

Attached: 1418939003714.png (520x424, 183K)

Make everyone with lines animals and roll on the furry bux.

>making the main character a fucking robot

Wait...

WUT?

It is revealed in the last episode.

Make Bee an actual big ass bee (complete with stinger). I'd watch it.

Just keep the pilot and last episode, and condense everything in between.

Anons want woman children like them.

How?

Develop?

Kickstarter Scam.

>This though.
They literally dropped anything that made the pilot interesting and the whole show just became a lot of fluff and pastel uwu aesthetic

>Idk why they couldn't keep the old design that looked like regular show/adventure time.
Frederator is unbelievably cheap and the Korean studio they chose wouldn't do that level of detail for the price point F was willing to pay.

A good reason as any to like women.

SJW lites

>snowflakes that while not being full ideological into social justice and victime culture, (yet), they also shared the basic problems of lack of training, passion, discipline, and commitmet to properly do things.

the only salvageable thing was them realizing to drop the koreans and switch to the japanese for the final ''episode'' (since it was during the thread of 7-10 cartoon shorts now passed as full episodes), since they were already tried to hard to make it both like SU and mocknime, might as well just switch, but it happen to late anyways.

Ill gave them something tough, unlike SU overly misguided hype for that Trogger westaboo animator to work on taht one episode, and then turning out he just did storyboards but the animation was still VERY korean and VERY floaty, the last episode of BaPC really felt like it was more well crafted in its animation, unlike the animation fluffs of the korean episodes which people tried to pass as ''intentional'', and then SU itself went out of derail with the horrific shit animation fuckery, and then PPG2016...............yeah.

i mean they did change the style but wasnt SU created a couple of years after this?

It's an online animation. On a board for animation. Are we supposed to just shit on it because some other people did? Are you afraid to tell people in real life of your interests because you're afraid they won't like them? Do you pretend that you hate stuff that other people do?

I don't know where we fucking went so wrong as to make absolute fucking cowards like you -who parrot every shitpost they see- welcome on this board. You echo every criticism you notice on this website without any knowledge of its source content so you can feel like you fit in the Yea Forums "le epic pessimist mindset" because you're certainly not going to get the satisfaction of community and friendship out of real life, you worthless fucking nobody.

I hate you. I hate everything you represent in this day and age on this board in which shitposting hiveminds have replaced actual debate. I hate that you are incapable of forming your own opinion. I hate that genuinely good animators and videos now have a bad reputation on this site because of fucking morons like you.

Raised $872,133, delivered 10 short (6 minute) episodes of very simple animation.

Yeah, it was a scam. Natasha Allegri must be laughing her ass off at the retards funding her retirement plan.

I wanted to draw Bee Bee.

Attached: bee is a bee.png (1568x1382, 668K)

You really don't know how much animation costs, do you?

Draw Toast??

You know they don't. Why ask?

Not enough of her.

Attached: C8B41sdVMAEDOjd.jpg (1536x2048, 379K)

It took to long to finish but it has great potential. It's not to bad when you actually sit down to watch all the episodes together.

Cute punch witch

Natasha is shit

They should have just cut the framerate then. Claim it was to get that anime look.

Lol what a fag
No one liked it because the pilot gave them expectations and the end product crushed that back when they first revealed the hippo leg design.

they tried to fund the show with YouTube money

I could concede to that if only I were to view the episodes all at once in a bubble completely regardless of the history behind them. If a network had produced a first mini season of a show like this, problems like all that filler wouldn’t be so bad, and that last episode would look like it was really picking up and the next season might be promising. But that’s not what happened, because it was a kickstarted show. They had a set amount of time and budget and they didn’t make the most of it. They gave the fans a good idea of what they’d be getting and didn’t deliver on nine tenths of the product.

That bee has a big butt

She only has a witch gimmick in promo art for some reason.

There's people who is still using my crops. It's kinda weird.

Attached: 1559338134583.png (700x657, 553K)

Yeah, it’s still pretty bad.

Never meet your artists.

What a waste

Steven Universe Pilot
>May 21, 2013
Bee and Puppycat Pilot
>July 11, 2013

Not here.

I refuse to believe making Bee fatter and her legs wider is any cheaper, they're the same amount of designed as each other with the width being different.

Nice to see somone that see how much of a meme Trigger is

the pilot was great but it's like natasha sucked all the creativity out of it to ride SUs coattails. literal every moment is begging for you to reblog it and tell your friends about it to the point that it never actually says anything interesting.

You know those songs on YouTube that tend to be easy-going on the ears and will have some comfy, soft-colored picture in the video? Usually styled after soft-edged anime? The show feels like it's going for that. The same type of music, the same type of art direction. It's all "cozy atmosphere" with no actual substance.

Attached: 1234.png (778x494, 363K)

It's the different tumblr style than the one with the ugly proportions and burned noses

So, who here is gonna watch the new season when it comes out?

As much as i love the robot plot twist it's clear writers have lost the magic of plot.

wait the show finally came out?

Attached: 1547682829267.jpg (764x720, 29K)

yea cause what i remember first it was the pilot, then they did like 4 episodes or something in 2014-5 and then they decided to redo it or something idk why it took so fucking long

Attached: 1554941699942.png (328x318, 114K)

>substance

I think that's the difference between good and bad slice of life shows. I feel genuine personal experience and emotions coming through something like Rilakkuma, while B&P is just an imitation of something else, so its atmosphere comes across as lazy rather than gentle.

Attached: bearnapped.png (1280x720, 624K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YZSgK9vrYdA

youtube.com/watch?v=SLpgnQpfNgs