Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Predictions

Now with Nebula and Thor on the team and a Gamora from 2014 somewhere out in the galaxy, what do you think is going to happen in GotG 3?

Attached: Avengers-Infinity-War-Thor-Guardians-Galaxy.jpg (738x369, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SbSM02_1k34
youtube.com/watch?v=cGrwoVEo-iM
germanicmythology.com/PoeticEdda/THYBryant.html
twitter.com/karengillan/status/936283150438862848
twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/874352639772770305
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did I miss the part where 2014 Gamora stayed? I could have sworn she wasn't on the ship in the end. Like, I remember looking for her.

Hoping for an grand Adam Warlock/Thor fight

Memes, and a funky mixtape from the 80's.

>Thor on the team
It pisses me off. I don't want that constant "rivalry" between Star-Lord and him. It's exhausting and not fun.

Gamora is just hanging out on Earth and being filled in on everything that happened while everyone is half the universe away trying to find her

Having been on Earth for five years, Rocket and Nebula should also be well versed in a lot of Earth pop culture references post-1988 and grill Quill on his knowledge of them. Quill has never heard of:
>Die Hard
>Terminator 2
>Jurassic Park
>Titanic
>Silence of the Lambs
>Goodfellas
>The Matrix
>Fight Club
>Every single Tarantino movie

She apparently ran off there is a shot of quill using space tech to search for her

Gunn will dump Thor in the first ten minutes if not off screen before the start of the film

thats a shit opinion

I really hope not.

She died along with Thanos' army.

I assume we're getting a situation where dudebro Adam Warlock has seduced 2014 Gamora and Star Lord has to win her back

>funky mixtape from the 80's.
We'll either get a small scene where Peter goes to his old house to get some of his tapes only to find out a new family moved on, or maybe Rocket giving him a new mixtape full of pirated songs.

No she didn't

>dudebro Adam Warlock has seduced 2014 Gamora and Star Lord has to win her back
Nah, Adam will be on Magus mode and spend most of the time harrasing the Guardians in the belief that they are Thanos' sons.

>Mixtape
Do you guys not remember the end of Vol. 2? Daddy left a gift

I bleached it from memory, sorry.

I'm hoping they introduce The Brood or Shi'Ar with the excuse of half the universe dying creating a power vacuum.

I hope we get to see Adam, like we were supposed to 5 years ago

I want more Mantis.

Attached: 1554501623985.jpg (729x1200, 794K)

WHYBONER?!

I do love the idea of Nebula and Rocket being much better friends due to just spending time together for five years.

I hope they play that up, have them know some in jokes and reference pop culture Quill has no idea about. Maybe even get some old VHS tapes for Quill to watch and get mind blown by.

Is there anything from the comics that could transplant dead Gamora's memories or soul into her 2014 self? I cant imagine Gunn will want to leave undone all the romantic stuff between her and Quill. Itll be funny for half a movie but if they're going the route of her being alive again its gonna feel real shitty for her not to be in love.

>the guy who introduced broken, comedic characters to the MCU is going to ditch a broken, comedic character with a ton of box office pull

OK.

o-oh my h-how l-l-lewd

Copied from another thread, I read an interesting theory about how that could be used as the theme.

>Peter winning 2014 Gamora over in GotG vol.3 would be awkward as fuck. You can't just get a replacement for the Prime Gamora and pretend like everything is okay. One of the main reasons why that relationship worked so well is how slowburn and gradual in terms of development it actually was. Gamora didn't really fall in love with Quill right out of the gate and they both had to grow as people, through their interactions and shared experiences. It didn't really become a real relationship until the very end of GotG vol.2. I think it would be disservice to all characters involved if GotG vol.3 has them fall in love again. For Peter, it would be a reset of his character growth, for Prime Gamora, it would be like she and her death didn't really matter and for 2014 Gamora, it would be as if she's a consolation prize.

>Given Peter's background and ongoing arc, it would be far better if he comes to terms with Prime Gamora's death, accepts that he can't recapture that love with 2014 Gamora and leave her to find her own way (perhaps independently of the Guardians, perhaps as a member and a friend), which will really bring his character full circle, as through that he'll be able to finally deal with the passing of his mother too.

>I think an interesting parallel between Adam and 2014 Gamora is how they both potentially are blank slates. For Adam, you have Ayesha grooming him into her instrument, while 2014 Gamora will have Peter trying to woo her again. And yeah, you even have Rocket who was literally a science project too and even Thor, who, for the first time in his life, is directionless. And what about Drax and Nebula who had revenge as their sole goal in life? What will they do now, when their target is gone?

I think the core theme of the movie will be new beginnings. Letting go of the past and finding a new lease on life, freedom to choose one's own future.

I really loved things like Nebula winning the football game.

Adam Warlock in the comics requires the soul stone, so if they get it back somehow they could voodoo some BS up to get old Gamora's remnant memories from it into 2014 Gamora.

Or they can just ignore it entirely and make some other power source for Warlock, if not just skip him enitrely because Gunn doesn't seem to like him.

Yeah moments like those were really great. Just seeing characters like Tony and Nebula bond like that was the highlight of the film. Wish we got more of those

God, it annoys me to no end that GOTG 3 won't be coming out next year.

Think Groot will have returned to normal or do you think they’ll drag out his growth to give us YA Groot?

So, does Rocket just not associate with Mantis?

Attached: 1525912472049.jpg (564x862, 63K)

Adam Warlock or Beta Ray Bill?

What else does Quill have going for him at this point though. He already went through the dead person thing twice with Yondu and his mom, and Ego's taken care of.

If he just lets it go it's both starting to get redundant (Welp yet another person in my life has died) and gives his basically nothing left for the future.

Guardians first with Warlock then Bill in a solo Thor movie

Third one probably won't be Quill centric.

>You think you're the only one who lost people? What do you think we're doing here? I lost the only family I ever had. Quill, Groot, Drax, THE CHICK WITH THE ANTENNA, all gone. I get you miss your mom, but she's gone, really gone and there are plenty of people who are only kinda gone and you can help them. So, is it too much to ask, that you brush the crumbs out of your beard, make sure we talk to pretty pants and when she's not looking, suck out the infinity stone, and help me get my family back?

He's the star and biggest name in the cast. Who else is gonna take the lead?

He's literally the main character.

Well, Hemsworth is on now...
Still, Gunn did say it would be a Gamora film.

Third one will be Quill centric, but I'm calling it now, Rocket is totally becoming the captain after Guardians 3

I interpreted that as him still looking for his Gamora.

Hemsworth MIGHT be on now. He hasn't commited to anything and his contract is currently up so there's always a chance he decides he doesn't want to and/or is commited to something else they write him off with a line saying Thor left once they took them where they wanted to go.

Korvac as a secondary villain. The guy who cant move on after spending years a Kree Lab rat.

Actually what kind of personality does Korvac the destroyer have?

Also Stakar would be a motivator for Quill as well as the original Ravagers sacrifice their lives to save the Guardians in their darkest hour

And ever unpopular Kitty Pride giving Quill a reason to stay on earth

Why do they use Rocket so much? He by far got the most use of the Guardians counting both IW and EG. He's even the focus of the Disneyland ride of all things.

Is it because it's easy to just have Sean Gunn mocap and have Cooper ADR later then get an actual actor? And Cooper isn't as expensive and busy as Vin Diesel.

I don't think it's just popularity because people seem to like Groot more than him.

>tfw Adam won't try to rape Sif

Toys, actor commitments, etc. Personally, I think his humor worked best with the other characters. The better question is why he was working with humans for five years when he could've been off doing anything else.

He keeps losing people but that doesn't mean he's let go of the past. In a lot of ways he's still a kid, and maybe this next movie is about him actually maturing and beginning to build a life for himself outside of looking for a parental figure.

Hemsworth just began having fun in the Thor role and he's the only one of the core Avengers not written out of the franchise. Plus I'm sure he would be thrilled to work with a director like Gunn.

The cynical answer is that he's toyetic, but honestly, he worked extremely well in tandem with Thor. It was a nice dynamic, to have the hardass apprehensive character like Rocket have to reach out and help pull Thor through his funk, plus Rocket is probably the character who could possibly be hit hardest with the loss of his family out of all the Guardians, given his fears and insecurities.

I think it's a testament to how well the Guardians are written, that someone who'd be treated as a joke in pretty much any other franchise, is actually one of the best realized and fleshed out characters in the MCU as a whole.

Attached: 1524875051066.jpg (357x475, 34K)

>Why do they use Rocket so much?
Because he's a good boy, that's why!

But in all seriousness, Rocket, Groot, and Quill are easily the most popular Guardians and it's probably easier to get Bradley Cooper to do some voice over work than it is to schedule with Chris Pratt. Groot might be more popular, but he can't be a lead with only three spoken words.

Additionally, Rocket's actually grown up a lot. He was able to move on from losing his family and worked for the Avengers for five years alongside Nebula. He's well past getting into the dick waggling contests that Quill and Thor seem to love. I shouldn't call Rocket a good boy, he's grown into a man.

Attached: 20190427_220137.jpg (310x310, 63K)

Hoping for a well done Adam Warlock.

I was shocked that he didn't end up in a similar situation as Thor during that five year time skip. The fact that he actually stuck with the Avengers and was on a first name basis with the team is incredible.

Hope for they find Angela
And Disney respect the comics suit, personality and her physical shape
Let her not make unfunny jokes and not to be a Brie Larson 2.0

Attached: angela-guardians.jpg (620x380, 83K)

>BendisGuardians
Jesus christ leave

Yondu was a major motivator. He knew how it was like to have his own parents sell him off and then he does the same thing selling kids to Ego like some bounty hunter help "find" missing children to give custody to estranged parents with poor parenting skills. Then when he takes pity on Quill for the shitty things he has done he loses his place as a Ravager to the only family he had known.

Rocket knew that if he ran off to old habits he wouldnt just be pissing on the ashes of the Guardians but Yondu as well

With Hela being Thor's long lost sister, there is no need for Angela.

I have a feeling it will probably be the last entry for the series unless they completely ignore Endgame.

Peter and Gamora's relationship is done for. The whole movie will be about Quill trying to salvage it and it will now lack the circumstances that made it believable in the first. Hemsworth as Thor is obviously going to try and dominate the whole movie and Nebula is too much of a 100% heroine now. Best chance would be to try and flesh out Drax and Mantis more.

Also, while Gunn may think he's riding high now, Brightburn shows he can't really keep his Troma-edginess under control for long. All it's gonna take is one off-color joke in the film that pisses off some clickbait writer for him to lose all the goodwill he's been getting. Leftists didn't even like the first two movies (the IMDb message board was swamped with tumblrettes complaining about aliens having human gender norms), and good god, can you imagine if they saw Citizen Toxie? His Woke Golden Boy status is on thin ice.

The best bet is to just go all-out with the cosmic stuff, like Celestials, Warlock etc. No toning it down, just go crazy.

Adam will try to rape 2014 Gamora

>Angela
Yeah. She would be a completely covered black woman. Awesome...

coincidentally that was the first time she won after getting curbstomped by gamora

I just hope something good comes Nebula's way
> abducted orphan
> daddy replaces most of her body with tech because her prettier, stronger sister keeps on beating the shit out of her
> reuintes with sister
> she dies
> gets stranded in space with RDJ
> only friend alive is a raccoon
> daddy goes "oh maybe i was too rough on you", acting somewhat kind for the first time in her life
> gets head lobbed off right after
> past her almost fucks everything up
> she kills herself

this, she needs a fucking hug

What IS coming out next year?

Or were they just prioritizing with bleeding everything they could out of Endgame and are worrying about that after it's been out for awhile.

Cause for once, it doesn't look like anything is scheduled or confirmed past this point.

Well, we got a nice handholding scene with her and Rocket. I'd reckon that their experiences together have made them good friends.

I think they have stuff in the works butbare staying quiet about it til after the Disney+ series starring movie cast members, Dark Pheonix, and Spider-Man

thanos destroyed the stones but didn't have the hearth to destroy the soul stone, or when he destroyed the soul stone it released Gamora's soul.
Some shenanigans with Adam Warlock and her soul merges with her 2014 self and she becomes whole again.

She is a red head she is already fucking doom to be black or completely removed. Both marvel and disney are raciest to red heads

Attached: 1555979655194.png (552x530, 286K)

This. Just let her have something nice in her life for once.

Only if she comes back and has a redemption arc.
Who would want to be the queen of a smelly fishing village in Norway?

Attached: hela.gif (268x400, 2.45M)

I can see Nebula end up with Kraglin, because Sean Gunn will beg his brother to let him make out with Karen Gillan.

I wonder what Norway gets out of having Asgardians, is there a special deal or is Norway just happy they get to tell Christians they have proof their gods are real

Gotg vol 3 straight ignores everything that happened in Infinity War and Endgame and tells the end of the story Gunn wanted without that extra baggage.

The Gamora and Quill pairing is retarded and I hope it never comes back.

They could set it before Infinity War cause there's a timegap, but that means they're stuck with Teen Groot and can't really use Nebula.

I hope not, I know Gunn has always wanted GotG to be considered separate but that would just be BS

He won't be allowed to. The higher ups will put a stop to that.

Wright wanted the same thing for Ant-man and got kicked off when he wouldn't comply.

Unless Disney and Marvel really just don't care anymore because Avengers is over with.

thor is too powerful

Mantis will obviously play a role in showing Gamora memories and feelings from her dead self.

With Adam Warlock being set up no he is not.

>implying
he makes the other morons with their guns and swords completely worthless

That is a pretty damn good plot point. When Mantis tried the empath ability on Gamora she told her to keep her hands off her so having Mantis having to risk her life using her abilities to help Gamora readjust will be her role

Its hot

I honestly expect them to turn Rocket into the sensible straight man of the group, the crass but experienced, overprotective "Uncle" type.

>Quill has to put aside his jealousy of Thor and learn from him so that he can out-Chad Adam Warlock and win back the girl

God why do I want this so much.

>What IS coming out next year?

Black Widow and The Eternals.

Attached: 2020.jpg (3300x1857, 766K)

Call me crazy but I don't think Thor will stick around. Endgame really drove home the idea that Thor needs to find himself and I just... don't see his place being with the Guardians. Not entirely sure why, but even as another case of a loser who has lost everything I just think he would feel like an extra wheel.

I think Thor as a Guardian could work well as a stopgap between Endgame and Thor 4, provided that's still coming out.

As an endpoint for his character, no, but I doubt we're done with Thor after Guardians 3.

I think he fits pretty well with the Guardians, just flying around space having adventures and helping people without the burden of rulership that Thor frequently avoids.

But I fully expect Gunn to ditch him offscreen.

Attached: Best Bros.jpg (1800x900, 886K)

I wish we had gotten Black Widow's movie this year instead of Captain Marvel.

Thor as a character fits pretty well with the Guardians in but in terms of power level he's a bit stupid.

FUCKING HELL!

I think shit like this is how MCU managed to prevail the most amongst its competitors. Just having that pure approachable humane feel to all these characters and watching them develop and grow.

It's just indescribable for some stupid reason and it feels good to watch, but it... shouldn't? I don't know, it's a weird feelgood thing about these films.

I hope that if they have Adam Warlock as a villain its as a completely master planner style character instead of someone they can just fight head on. It would be a nice switch up after mainly physical threats.

she was my favorite in the whole movie. she didn't get a lot of spotlight but what she did get was well used to develop her redemption.

It is true that Gunn wants Zac Efron as Adam Warlock?

Attached: 1537148801812.png (430x390, 240K)

Yes, by all means let's introduce the worst possible character...

The moral of these films is always Quill's quest to learn to Let Go properly

The first film was him learning to let go of his inability to take another persons hand and let people close.

The second film was him learning to let go his grudge towards Yandu and his hang ups over who he is as a person.

The third film will be about him letting go of Gamora and finally coming to terms with Loss in his life and not letting it define him as he did ever since his Mom passed away

Yes.

Attached: Zac Efron is Adam.jpg (1192x641, 158K)

1. Because he's very easy to make toys of
2. The Guardians needed a new "adult" for the family and Rocket ended up being the only real choice. Drax is too innocent, Gamora's dead, Quill's neck deep in his character arc, and Groot's just becoming an adult. So the only real choice was Rocket who was told what his issue was, actually faced his worst case scenario, spent five years coping and moving on, and is now placed as the only one in his family who's come to terms with Gamora being gone

Not complaining but the guy is a manlet. I want Adam to be played by some big and muscular actor like Hemsworth.

Quill trying to win Gamora back with hunky Adam as the cocky love rival

Attached: 4355057-adamwarlockborn-720x338.jpg (720x338, 98K)

Niggers

Not sure why people say capeshit is ending because of Endgame, who wouldn’t want to see Thor with the Guardians.

I wouldn't. I don't think he adds anything to the group dynamic. Everyone else shits on Quill enough as is and a heaping extra helping of that is all Thor brings to the table. Well that and actual superpowers that trivialize the skills of the rest of the team.

Gunn will fuck more kids

>muh powerlevels
Jesus Christ, every fandom ever

Attached: 1504772091463.gif (850x720, 3.87M)

captain marvel shows up, is fun, reddit are buttmad about it

>they stop at a space service station and deliberately leave thor behind
kek

Is it going to be set in the past or are they going to download her consciousness into a cloned body like in the comics?

Mugga I don't care about death battles or whatever but one of the unique qualities of the Guardians is that they don't have real powers and have to constantly improvise. That's like the whole idea behind the final confrontation in their movies especially 1. Thor can fight entire armies by himself.

He just made jokes about fucking kids. If he actually had fucked any someone would have dug it up by now.

I am betting the former.

>captain marvel shows up, is fun

Imbecile.

Prequel.

I swear to fucking god if Guardians vol 3. last song isn't American Pie.
The first verse of the song is:
"A long long time ago
I can still remember how
That music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while"

If that isn't Peter Quill then I don't know what is.
Just listen to the whole song, its about dealing with loss through song and dance... It has to be the final song for Guardians.

go away reddit

>Korg & Miek join the guardians too with Thor.
>The vortex on Vormir is a portal to the Soul Realm. Which is also Valhalla.
>Adam Warlock can transcend the vortex and bring Gamora's soul back and merges her with NuGamora's body.
>Korg & Miek provide exposition for Beta Ray Bill because they knew him on Sakaar.
>Thor dies saving Gamora or someshit and BRB is worthy of Stormbreaker. (Because this is Hemsworth last film)
>Thor & Quill argue over tunes bein played and Thor has a BAsed playlist with Zeppelin on it.

Attached: 1556371090748.jpg (2545x1009, 766K)

>It pisses me off. I don't want that constant "rivalry" between Star-Lord and him. It's exhausting and not fun
You are fucking dumb.
They will become the best bros at the end of it.

Rocket does not bother learning peoples names unless they piss him off

I hope it's a Posthumous Memoirs of Brás Cubas affair with deceased Nat looking back at her past life

What I want in a Guardians movie, more than anything else, is to see Quill dressed like this.

Attached: bd08ba3ec08f8d416e4a48c4d0f903d0.jpg (995x1600, 147K)

Thor trades his soul for Gamora's because Loki, Odin, and mom are there and he wants to be with them.

that, or Ride, Captain Ride as the new Guardians team sails off into the stars

>reddit

STOP IT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.

Seconded.

...Maaaaaaaan

Attached: __hr_cap_p48.jpg (978x1381, 106K)

Did anyone notice the Guardians are kind of split into two groups now?
>Quill, Drax and Mantis
>Rocket, Thor and Nebula
>Groot is neutral
The Quill and Rocket split was also foreshadowed in Guardians 2. What's going on here?

Attached: 1460419565135.jpg (961x759, 255K)

Soul Realm and Valhalla being the same place is based as hell and a proper send off for Hemsworth.
Your fight is over warrior, rest now.

Because it sounds fucking amazing.
Playing to the strengths of both Chris' acting abilities.
Also, Zac Efrons name was thrown around for Adam Warlock a while back. So it would be a literal Chad-Off.

>Final shot of Thor disappearing from the universe and appearing in a golden, shining realm with all the old friends and family welcoming him
>Loki raises a drinking horn and smiles, mischievously, even now - but without malice

God damn it. Why'd you do this to me?

Guardians and West Coast Guardians, of course.

Best timeline.
Passing of the torch to Beta Ray Bill.

Guardians were featured in only two movies and two crossovers. That's not the best ratio. Those Avengers movies always make them split up. That's why I'm only looking forward to the third GotG.

Gosling blocks your path.

Attached: dQpXV8B_d.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Isn't another Loki technically still running around? He fucks off in the 2012 scene

those niggers got split hardcore in Guardians 2

That’s entirely unconfirmed, and given The scene on the Benetar at the end and Gunn’s hints about GotG 3, that’s probably wrong.

Zefron is way more chad than Goose.

>2012
A different timeline. That may not exist anylonger or would have progressed to his eventual death anyway.

Plus Goose would never do capeshit.

If anyone would find a way to cheat the rules...

>Search for Spock style story about getting Gamora back, only she's back to square one in terms of her and Quill's relationship
>Loki will probably show up, only it's evil post Avengers Loki
>meanwhile Thor is in a place where he doesn't care about ruling and loves his little brother, confusing the fuck out of Loki
>Rocket is basically the captain and calls all the shots, but has matured enough to know to let Quill think he's in charge rather than antagonizing him
>Groot will be older
>also Adam Warlock and likely Beta Rey Bill will be there
>and James Gunn is back in the directors chair, using a script he wrote specifically to finish up the Guardians trilogy

Does Thor's presence completely nullify Drax's position on the team as resident tough guy?
I feel like Thor is a little too strong for the group?

I look forward to Drax developing as a character now. He was no one to get revenge on so he might be chill.

Attached: 29gj2hv.gif (150x107, 261K)

Thor, Beta Ray Bill, and Quill going to soul world to fight adam warlock would be a cool way of bringing Gamora back. Theyre all like.higher beings capable of it.

I feel like its just so Thor can die since hemsworth has one movie left.

Drax kinda sucks at being the tough guy a lot, he got beat by a Cloak

>they stop at a space service station and deliberately leave thor behind
I would love this

Thor leaves after the movie because, during the final battle with Magus or some shit, he loses Stormbreaker.
Who gets it? BETA RAY MOTHERFUCKING BILL.
Then we Get Thor 4: Bill and Thor's Excellent Adventure, where the villain is Mangog, wanting vengeance for being utterly fucking annihilated by Hela and Odin way back when, and then the ending is Thor going the Soul Realm/Valhalla or some shit.

I want to see Rocket use Yondu's fin in Guardians 3.

Attached: 20190428_212258.jpg (926x926, 303K)

Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Groot
Rocket
Mantis
Nebula
Korg
Miek
Thor/ Beta Ray Bill

Better than the avengers line up.

Wait. Is Drax just the Wolverine on the team? He exists to job so that the audience knows the villain is a tough guy?

>That pic
Is he asleep?

Pretty much yeah.

The New Avengers is going to be so fucking bad. I really hope it never happens.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is Spider-man and GotG. And even them, just one more entry probably.

All the rest should just stop. Endgame is a nice way to end the MCU.

After Guardians 3
Disney Plus Guardians series thats sort of like a better Star Trek.

This is unfortunate but I agree he will barely be in the movie for some reason or other. Similar to Tony in Homecoming

STD has set a fairly low bar so that should be pretty easy.

GotG tv series being close to Firefly though? That could be the season 2 we've been waiting for all these years.

Agreed.
I am curious about whether and how they would tackle Civil War 2, however.

Attached: 1551465481752.jpg (440x540, 58K)

If evil loki shows up then the time travel mechanics they meticulously explained would make no sense whatsoever.

The MCU train isn't stopping any time soon, unfortunately. We've had a fun ride but they won't stop until there's no more money in it, which there always will be

?

Attached: 1494992666732.jpg (837x1200, 155K)

WHERE. THE FUCK. WAS BEST BOY.

Attached: 0ebc585e2ef97c3c2151674f427bab8af652c76a.jpg (600x300, 23K)

Honestly? I want to see badass Kraglin.
Say what you will about GOTG 2, but he actually had a pretty solid story arc for being a 3rd tier character.

Attached: 50fe4d6912ad2d95e9b300640b41c13b00b15f5aa1e804346f87aa78dedd9381.jpg (600x500, 91K)

Probably still trying to convince his brother to helm Gotg3 at the time of filming Endgame.

Yeah, I was surprised he wasn't in the finale.
I wonder if there was cut shit during it.

Kragmind

>Zefron is way more chad than Goose.
you're joking, right?

They're going to announce Waititi is co-writing

When Rocket was trapped under the rubble and kept repeating "I can't breath, I can't breath!" ;_;

Surprisingly upsetting.

Soul Stone shenanigans where they bring back the real gamora and nat

i wonder if the pre-drama script Gunn wrote had Thor in it

That part really struck me, as well as Rocket's wordless despair when he almost drowned. He was terrified that he wasn't going to see his family again.

James Gunn is credited as an executive producer in Endgame, so he knows what to do

I knew something was up when he went to Captain Marvel's premiere.

Attached: D03eh7zWsAA_bny.jpg (800x1024, 164K)

Hell, I almost wonder if they started filming back in November (or whenever Gunn was fired) like they intended to, would Thor being in the film leaked before Endgame?

That was well done. Felt like very real panic.

>Hulk snaps and you feel relieved that everything's gonna be alright.
>Suddenly buried 5 stories underground with impossible amounts of debris crushing you.

>a black t-shirt under a graphic hoodie under a plaid suit jacket and athletic pants and a wedding ring

wew lad /fa/ as fuck

He is, but he is a manlet.

I just want to put my dick inside Zoe Saldana, that would be the best outcome for Phaze 4

Nebula becomes Moondragon

Attached: Nebula & Phyla.png (736x614, 481K)

Explain old man Steve on the bench

>He
Zefron, Goose, or the user who posted ?
And is the second he the same as the first, or not?

The problem with Old Man Steve is as follows:
>He doesn't return using a time pad.
>Therefore he went into his own past, grew old, and walked to the bench.

Wait. Let me think about that. Theoretically he didn't HAVE to return to the time pad thing. So technically it's possible that:
>Cap went to the past of an alternate timeline and grew old.
>Returned to OG MCU timeline to sit on the bench.

As far as the alternate timeline discussion goes...I think the existence of other timelines remains true even after the stones are replaced. Therefore there's a Loki with a tesseract still on the loose.

What's awkward about that is the fact that Cap returns a time STONE instead of a full tesseract to the 70's. Which means if that's the same timeline that Loki later escapes in, then the tesseract should be a stone instead of a cube.
Unless the 70's timeline is yet another universe. In which case everytime a time jump is made, it's into an alternate reality.

I've talked a lot but I think I've only confused myself more.

Attached: 1404443087827.jpg (960x716, 93K)

>Gamora from 2014 out in the galaxy
FUCK, comic book bullshit is catching up to the MCU. You know what that means.

Yeah, and what are the scientists gonna do when they find a different blue thing where there old blue thing was? Will they know it's the same blue thing, or will they think somebody swiped it and left behind something else?
Also, we don't get to see him find out that the nazi who tried to take over the world is on some lifeless planet where the only company he gets is people who either want the soul stone, or now want to return it. And I still have no idea if he's still evil or if the many years of isolation made him less evil, but Steve has no reason to assume he's reformed at all, so what happened there? And did he just sneakily inject Natalie Portman with the reality stone so the elf guy could take it from her later? And the power stone was implied to be capable of eradicating all life on a planet if it touched the ground, and it didn't look like he took the case for it with him, so what's he gonna do about that? And is anybody gonna try to take it now, or would they die the moment they grabbed it? Is that Peter just gonna wake up and only survive touching it because his daddy was a planet?

I thought that was a nickname for Zac Efron.

We go multiversal now.

> rocket jumping to cover groot from the laser volley

Since when is Zac Efron nicknamed "He/Him"? Sounds pretty pretentious if you ask me.

There's a lot of questions. Some you can handwave and others not so much.

I can only assume Cap was briefed offscreen about the particulars of every event so he knew how to deal with it.
The only one he wouldn't be 100% on is where Tony got the Cube from which when touched will presumably send you to where Red Skull ended up.
I don't really remember exactly in what condition the stones were given to Cap at the end there. If there were in a case, then you could maybe assume each one was in a little container like at the end of GotG1 for safe handling.

As for Natalie Portman...well no one told Cap he wasn't allowed to absorb the Aether and just impregnate her with it the old fashioned way.

Attached: 1376889847056.gif (500x375, 495K)

Is Hamill gonna be in it?

Attached: tfw playing fortnite after you snap everyone.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Do you reckon when Hamill watches Endgame, especially for the scene where Cap calls the hammer, he'll be like "That's what should have happened to ME in TFA!"

Elsa.

You think they made Fat Thor for the sole purpose of convincing him to be in Vol. 3
>Listen Chris I know how much you hate bulking up, but what if you just had to look like a normal person?

A normal person isn't that fat unless he is american.

The Guardians are largely reviled and mocked by the rest of the universe for allowing the SNAP to happen in spite of their name. The film is about them trying to rebuild their reputation from there.

A-Plot possibilities:

a) Quill and Thor's rivalry comes to a head as at least one of them has to act as a father figure to the adolescent Adam Warlock. There's a gay joke at the end where Adam refers to the both of them as "my parents."

b) Warlock is this pulp space hero cosmic type (picture Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers with super powers) who is this "ideal" version of who Quill and Thor want to be albeit as a supervillain they must work together with the rest of the GotG to defeat.

Attached: adam-warlock-toddler-guardians-of-the-galaxy-56.6.jpg (210x240, 16K)

Rocket: Why the fuck are you dressed like me?

Attached: rocket-raccoon-avengers-endgame.jpg (2500x1250, 158K)

"Thanos killed David Bowie?"
"No, Quill. We've been over this. He died of natural causes. Like Prince."
"PRINCE IS DEAD?!"
"Es muerto, baby. Es muerto."

High Evolutuonary
Adam Warlock
Death's Head (Gunn, if you want a funny villain, use one who is actually funny instead of one who is a one-joke idiot).

They may have used his expulsion as leverage to get him to concede changes to his script in return for a return.

>Death's Head

He'd be a great transitionary villain whose rampant avarice encourages the GotG to go from mercenaries to outright pro-bono interstellar protectors who do it for FREE

how strong do you think mantis' powers are? like they're strong enough to detect sexual feelings, if someone was horny and touched her would she 'feel' everything they wanted to do to her? haha asking for a friend

No but if he just looks normal then you can make the comment that he's getting back in shape. And chris doesnt need to half kill himself for ten pack abs

I think that if the timelines are stable, that is to say, they remain their own sequence of events even when the stones are returned, then I believe Steve and Tony splintered off a completely new one in 1970, and the 2012 Avengers movie time period isn’t affected by their 1970s shenanigans. Remember what Hulk said: you can’t prevent your own past through time travel, by say, killing baby Thanos. The team went to their own past in 2012, then went even further back, so that’s two splits off of the original timeline.

How many timelines re right now?

With Thor on the team, I'm really hoping we get Korbonite shenanigans and Beta-Ray Bill finally gets some big screen time.

would rather have somebody other than gunn or taika handling based bill to be quite honest family

>Adam comes to kidnap Sif
>instead of Thor, the one defending her is Bill

Attached: Bill in disguise.jpg (600x363, 53K)

Death's Head interacting with Rocket and Quill would be potentially hilarious.

>Instead of Sif it's Thor in drag

>Death's Head
Yes please.

But who would play him. It would have to be someone incredibly British.

Attached: Deathshead113heardofme.jpg (300x299, 40K)

John Cleese.

This user gets it.
Post Songs that need to be in Vol 3.
youtube.com/watch?v=SbSM02_1k34

I was gonna say Mat Berry but fuck me Cleese would be amazing.

When dealing with the schizophrenia of Adam Warlock/Magus
youtube.com/watch?v=cGrwoVEo-iM

Pretty sure Gunn will have Vol. 3 before the events of IW because most of the stuff he built within the past 2 movies is thrown to the side

lol

I wonder if adam warlock gonna be a villain?

Hero or villain, he's Thanos' friend.

fuck thor^it's peter's ship

Of course! Of course...

He's there because it will deal with past Loki escaping with the tesseract

Asguardians of the Galaxy: Journey into Mystery

BETA RAY BILL

Best Boy Bill.

Attached: Bill vs Galactus.jpg (994x1539, 317K)

Feminine features, helplessness.

I would like to treat her right until she ultimately gets bored of me.

Cleese's voice has really deteriorated. I would still love it, though.

I want Quill to watch Jurassic Park, enjoy it, then go in hard on the series until the World sequels. He HAS to say something about how he doesn't like the main character because he's too annoying.

He got the Zune at the end of GotG Vol. 2

>Lol self referential
Fuck you that sounds awful.

In their defense, originally Drax was pretty fucking OP.

>whether they would tackle Civil War 2

Nah.

Am I crazy or did they kind of do this moment?

Attached: Hulk stands.png (373x577, 535K)

i bet you laughed when thor played fortnite

Those are pretty solid.

As you know, I still want Adam to become the Magus and head the Universal Church of Truth, but in this scenario, Quill could go through the 'disappointed dad' phase with all that that entails for him.

I thought of the same thing, Hulk supporting a massive weight reminded me of Secret Wars, but it's probably not the only time he's done something like it.

For God's sake, lie to him about Michael Jackson.

>Death's Head

Oh baby. Yes please.

Or should that be "Please, yes?"

I'd have to say so. Emotions are more complex than base stuff like horniness.

I think it might also just be that Thor probably wouldn't have even known who Mantis is, having spent all of 5 minutes in the same room as her in Infinity war.

Well, they went back to four different times in the end... so if they had an appreciable effect on all of them that creates five timelines total. Let's see. I'll have to make a schematic.

....Hugh Laurie? Or his former partner... Steven Fry?

No. Death's Head is a lad. What's Adrian Edmonson doing these days?

Honestly, I love Drax but there isn't anywhere for the character to 'go' now.

Someone did a great video that outlined some early script/fan theory (something like that) where he died to help Thor forge Stormbringer and it was dubbee 'The Destroyer' instead.

Would have been a hundred times better.

kek

I want her to marry Spider-Man and have half-alien babies

The funny thing is if quill survived instead of rocket, he probably would have ended up looking like this.

There's always Annihilation.

Before any of the space stuff starts I want to see Peter's reaction to the earth 40 years later.

What YuGiOh card is this

Spartoi Prince

>Quill searches for Gamora
>Matured Rocket and reformed Nebula, calmed Drax
>Adam Warlock is let loose on the Guardians
>Thor is the only one powerful enough to oppose him, throwing a wrench into the Sovereign queen's plan
>Thor is able to stalemate Adam long enough for the Guardians to win him over to their side
>With Adam on the team, Thor can exit once the big bad is defeated, having saved the galaxy he now feels at ease with himself again and returns to new Asgard
>Quill has to accept that Gamora doesn't love him anymore, she leaves to do her own thing in the end but is comforted by the rest of the Guardians who are now more of a family than ever before

It would be a missed opportunity to not have him visit his hometown or mother's grave along with the Guardians.
>Rocket and Groot get Dairy Queen afterwards

Reminder that in the comics, Gamora was Adam's love interest.

The Time travel floodgates have been opened, so I expect the bad guy to be the Magus, Adam Warlock's evil future self who is trying to make sure that Adam goes evil in this timeline too.

>Annihilation starts
>Captain Marvel flies out to stop it
>She gets stomped, not by one individual attack, but by wave after wave after wave after wave of Negatve Zone warriors until, finally, even she is too exhausted to keep fighting... and THEN Annihilus appears

But will they have the balls to give him the afro?

Now where's my man Rich and my man's best friend Cosmo?

Attached: Nova and Cosmo.jpg (1280x1999, 569K)

They'll probably make a joke about it at some point.

It's essentially a road trip movie, with them trailing Gamora and occasionally catching you to her, but she wants nothing to do with them and is in a crazy partying adventure of her own. She has a couple of near intimate scenes with Quill that end roughly and she doesn't seem to be swayed until Nebula catches her alone and they watch her memory banks together to see all of the romance Gamora and Peter had, and the family that the Guardians had found together. They don't get back together immediately but she does agree to give it a shot, and no promises that things would be the same. Thor tries to take lead a lot because the areas of space they are tracking Gamora through are ones he's really familiar with and Peter embarrasses himself a lot thinking he knows better, but overall his judgment is better than Thor's and is firmly established to be a better leader of their group.

FUCK ME

Forgot to include, my HOPE for the movie. It's shown that Thor did indeed get Mjolnir back from Old Steve, so he has both hammers/axe, and they meet Beta Ray Bill whom gets to keep Stormbreaker.

Will they give Quill an iPhone with thousands of songs?

>It's shown that Thor did indeed get Mjolnir back from Old Steve
But that would deprive the Thor from that timeline of Mjolnir, which he needed to defeat Malekith and save the world, seems like kind of a dick move.

Steve took Mjölnir back.

>universal church of truth
>extradimensional tentacle monsters
>space lesbians
>beta ray bill
idk, there is so much to choose from

Matt Berry is a great choice, as is Robert Glenister.

>space lesbians
#givecaptainmarvelagirlffriend

Attached: Moondragon.jpg (600x900, 425K)

Remember when Thor had a group of friends he went around adventuring with, and he loved it?

No but I remember when he lead an army of frogs to victory.

Attached: Thor frog.png (698x433, 563K)

Lesbian or not, not even Moondragon can resist getting HAMMERED.

Attached: Thor and Moondragon.jpg (648x503, 114K)

>there isn't anywhere for the character to 'go' now.
Agreed, Drax is perfect the way he is, no reason to change him.

>Post chastising referential humor
>Duuuur I bet you liked reference
You're a fucking idiot.

I feel like Thor and the weird insect woman could potentially have the funniest interactions.

>thor carrying the axe with him
>travelling around in space
Definitely beta ray bill

Thor and Rocket above all

Attached: D5KOHDeU4AIybn3.jpg (1242x687, 125K)

No alternate timelines firmly exist unless the infinity stone doesn't get put back, which they do out that stone back just before both items were stolen

I'm hoping for my boy Beta Ray Bill.

Like this?

Attached: Mantis vs Thor.jpg (725x420, 101K)

Cosmo was in the Collector's collection, running free after the Power Gem blew.

I was hoping for Rich in the Captain Marvel sequel where she encounters the Nova Corps, including Nova who is as powerful as she is, but 1) super-annoying, like Booster Gold-level and 2) completely impervious to both her cold shoulder and her photon blasts (they can only make each other stronger, which perhaps should be a plot point).

"Shut up! Just shut up! God almighty, will you finally shut your maddening yap?!"
"Ahaaa, I am getting through to you! The Ryder charm never fails."
"AAARRRGGGHHH!"

Honestly, she only works as a 'straight man'.

Also, there has to be some explanation for why Ronan grows to hate the Xandarians as much as he does.

Thank you for reminding me that Mantis was basically Englehart's pet character Mary Sue back in the day.

>super-annoying, like Booster Gold-level and 2) completely impervious to both her cold shoulder and her photon blasts
Sounds cute but not really what Rich's character is like.
Maybe Carol would have to deal with Quasar? He's someone who can be pretty chipper and upbeat in any situation.

Heather is wayyyy too good for the Plank.

She played him like a fiddle.
No wonder she's so arrogant: she seduced a god and made him her puppet.

Mary Sue or not, I really like Celestial Madonna.

>Sounds cute but not really what Rich's character is like.

True, but he can have a character arc.

>Be in break room. Co worker comes up to me.
>"Hey, you read the comics right. Can you explain what Mantis is like there."

Attached: 1336277215715.jpg (221x335, 14K)

Use the DnA run.

Attached: Knowledge is power.png (980x724, 1.07M)

>Well, for starters, she's actually Vietnamese, not an alien. She does marry an alien tree that takes on the form of her dead boyfriend to fulfill her role as the Celestial Madonna and give birth to the Celestial Messiah called Sequoia though.

I just love Bradley's voice

Whatever happened to that kid.

Attached: I hate everything about that sentence.png (530x661, 638K)

Let me guess, a huge part of the conflict is whether or not they should kill pure and innocent Adam Warlock to prevent him from ever becoming Magus, or give him a chance to change his destiny.

Great choice of picture.

>Celestial Madonna
I must FUCK THE TREE! FUCK THE TREE! FUCK THE TREE!

Attached: CFCD970E-C502-4CE9-9BE0-69079722FE95.gif (480x360, 895K)

That never occurred to anyone in the comics. Even Thanos didn't want to do that.

And then Mantis gained the power to travel incorporeally anywhere and grow a new body out of plant matter years before Swamp Thing could do that.

>every time Rich comes back to earth they fucked something up
My personal favorite is when Stark tries to make him sign up for the registration act after fucking Annihilation happened.

>And then she joined the Justice League

Attached: Mantis-Willow.jpg (800x391, 782K)

And a former prostitute.

>It's canon that Mantis probably used the phrase "Me love you long time" at some point.

Stayed in a remote sector of space to help it recover after Thanos-related shenanigans.

And... let's see...

Attached: Mantis again.jpg (800x534, 141K)

why is cosmic marvel so much fun

Michael Wincott.

I usually read Death's Head with his voice.

>No X-men
>No Avengers
>Self contained arcs

Oh right, Englehart's boner for Mantis was so strong, he created a Mantis expy when he went over to DC.

>>No X-men
What about War of Kings?

I need some high quality pictures of Rocket's outfit in Endgame, fanart or official!

Attached: 55726601_290585471839710_137851715672442941_n.jpg (1079x1237, 85K)

>become comic book writer
>make your own waifu
>get paid for it
Genius.

What about the Shi'ar in general? Or the Brood?

Will Thor get his abs back in a training montage with a training montage song?

HEARTS ON FIRE

Created mostly in the late Seventies, which arguably was the creative peak of humanity.

Yes

And with how MCU time travel works, killing Warlock wouldn't help with any Magus coming from the future.

>Also, there has to be some explanation for why Ronan grows to hate the Xandarians as much as he does.
They said their planets were at war for 1,000 years. His daddy and grandpappy died fighting.

He most likely won't be there, Gunn has no desire to have an Avenger with the Guardians and Thor said he was getting a lift meaning they were going to drop him off somewhere. Also Thor 4 was pitched according to Tess and Hemsworth will most likely be back only for Taika.

Attached: 3ccb5368a770bbe00894f166b14baae2.jpg (2034x2867, 1.01M)

she HAS to go back, though, to prevent a branching timeline

Dude fuck the timeline we was Kangz

Attached: Kang.jpg (736x912, 204K)

hell, I'm pretty sure MCU Hela was in part based on Angela

They already killed the Thanos of that timeline, what difference will Gamora make?

Rich was made for suffering, even before he was Nova. Part of his character appeal. If by whatever miracle he makes it to the MCU I hope to see some of that classic nova suffering.

Yes, but we didn't get to SEE any of it. Plus he didn't display any of it during Cap Mar.

What Marvel hero is not made for suffering?

>They dump thor off at a weight reduction program at the start of the film
>Returns in Act 3 ripped again

>What Marvel hero is not made for suffering?
Wendell Vaughn. Gruenwald's Quasar is wholesome and wonderful.

Attached: Hey Quasar wanna ss.jpg (359x881, 204K)

>Yes, but we didn't get to SEE any of it. Plus he didn't display any of it during Cap Mar.
Blaming someone for the deaths of your family usually makes you hate them. It was pretty clearly explained he wanted to keep fighting after the ceasefire.
In Captain Marvel, their planets were still at war, and it's possible his daddy hadn't been killed yet.

Has there been a worse character assassination in MCU than what happened to Thor?

Nick Fury
Flash Thompson
Ned Leeds
Mandarin

Thanos and his entire army is already dead in that timeline, same with that timeline's Nebula.

Well done Avengers, well done Avengers. HOWEVER
>no Gamora or Nebula
>Ronan gets the power stone
>Ronan destroys Xandar and nobody is there to stop him

Personally, if he makes it to the MCU, they should give him all the classic Spider-Man traits that they didn't give to MCU Spidey. I mean Rich is already a Peter parker expy (except he's not a genius) so why not?

Rich didn't hit his stride until he stopped trying to be a Spider-Man clone, though.

>Carrier of my genetic material
>Carrier
Did mpreg happen?

In that timeline, Gamora never attacks Quill on Xandar, so they never get arrested. Quill never meets Drax in prison, so Drax doesn't call Ronan to Knowhere so he can take it.

Yes.

Attached: having-her-baby.jpg (800x1228, 145K)

Well played Avengers.

>germanicmythology.com/PoeticEdda/THYBryant.html
>It is the dramatic story of how Thor, aided by Loki, got back his famous hammer. Thrym had stolen it, and he would not give it up until they would bring him Freyja to wife; but she very indignantly refused to get married under any such terms. It is finally arranged, though much against his will, that Thor himself must dress up to impersonate Freyja, and go up to get married to the giant Thrym.
DEEPEST LORE

making a character interesting is character assassination?

it's possible that once cap brought back the gem before thanos left, that he closed the timeline from branching off, so the thanos army that went to the future rather then representing a full other timeline are simply left stranded out of time and out of causality

Comic Thor is super serious though, this clown with all the jokes takes away his dignity.

Attached: Cooking Thor.png (500x539, 467K)

Attached: Thor ice cream.png (500x453, 526K)

He stopped being a Peter clone in New Warriors so not really. Annihilation reinvented him and that's when he hit his stride and even then when they were writing the Nova comic DnA mentioned pulling insporation from Peter as a character while they wrote Rich.

And still, reading the early Nova stuff Rich doesn't really come off as a Peter clone as much as his dynamics where trying to ape the teen superhero dynamics that Peter had. For starter Rich wasn't a genius, he let his own bully walk all over him and felt inferior towards him (unlike Peter who felt superior to Flash and really stood up to him), Rich had no tragic backstory and his self esteem being low has always been a key character trait moreso than it has for Peter.

I was joking but oh shit what...

Comics are fun.

Attached: Quasar x Man-Thing.jpg (469x360, 29K)

Did he like it?

Thor was one of the best parts of IW just for him to become one of the worst parts of Endgame. I call this a character assassination.

What's Her doing nowadays?

>In Captain Marvel, their planets were still at war, and it's possible his daddy hadn't been killed yet.

THAT I want to see.

...I really need to read that series.

>I really need to read that series.
Yes you do. Gruenwald was the complete antithesis of 90's edge.

>waah why wasn't he as badass and quippy as in the last movie!! ASSASSINATION!!
This is your brain on capeshit cgi fights.

This is funny out of context but the comic this comes from has Thor being depressed and finding no joy in that creamsicle or in any nmortal thing. He also tries to commit suicide and says he can hear Odin laugh at him when he fails.

>What's Her doing nowadays?
She's in the Guardians movies but that's it.

Attached: Him and Her.png (596x904, 1.43M)

Implying that he isn't still quippy in Endgame.

He won't.

The whole point of Fat Thor was so if Hemsworth ever comes back he won't have to do the superhero bod workout that everyone on these movies hates doing and is the main reason they quit.

He'll be in a little better shape maybe, but not his former glory.

>implying he's anywhere near as quippy as IW

Because he is pathetic in Endgame compared to IW where he actually picked himself up so you get the false impression that he is less quippy.

My favorite scene of the movie, at least regarding character interaction, was Thor talking with his mom because a)It means The Dark World was actually good for something and b)you don't really see people breaking down their issues and getting advice from their parents in movies much. It was very heartwarming to see.

Ohh snap, I guess Ayesha was Her, huh?

>Because he is pathetic in Endgame

Well, yeah. He has lost everything and failed completely. He's broken.

>Well, yeah. He has lost everything and failed completely. He's broken
Cry me a river. Plenty of characters lost a lot, but they didn't become pathetics.

>he makes the other morons with their guns and swords completely worthless
Basically how it was with The Avengers, so not much changes.

Attached: 1554498822780.jpg (477x356, 19K)

>I guess Ayesha was Her
Also known as Kismet.

Attached: ayesha-when-she-takes-the-name-kismet-in-marvel-comics.jpg (1300x1876, 558K)

Rocket will set him up an intergalactic Spotify account.

Did Quill stop by to tell his Grandpa that he's still alive?

They also didn't literally let half the universe die despite being able to prevent that exact thing from happening and deliberately choosing not to

Well, someone did. He had nothing left. Nothing.
And he came closest to saving everybody at the last possible moment, yet failed.

The jokes write themselves.

>Is there anything from the comics that could transplant dead Gamora's memories or soul into her 2014 self?
Infinity Wars literally had Gamora go inside the Soul Stone (into Utopia) and merge with her old self, trapped there for decades. So absolutely, there's precedent.

Finally they can bust him on that stupid idea that Kevin Bacon saved the day with a dance-off.

Live-action Gamora in a bikini when?

Attached: Gamora going for a swim.jpg (1234x1634, 712K)

featuring The Beastie Boys' Intergalactic!

>2014 Gamora is off somewhere in the universe
>2012 Loki is out there with the Tesseract, too
I really hope the new phase doesn't have the Guardians become too focused on trying to make people more like the selves they were in the original timeline.

Attached: 1555008959486.jpg (474x441, 40K)

Reminder that Loki is getting his own Disney+ show so that's where he's going with the Tesseract.

Oh, fuck me, I forgot about that. It's even conveniently in an alternate dimension, so who even cares? It's not even the same Loki that got all that character development in the last 8 years. He's back to old, evil Loki. What's the fucking point?

Attached: 1555064832808.png (452x388, 42K)

the reason why Cap took Mjolnir was because he needed to return it to where it was stolen from, otherwise it creates an alternate timeline that's just doomed

Ah, good old evil Loki. Tricksters sure are fun.

>What's the fucking point?
Reaping some of that sweet Lucifer success for themselves.

>THAT I want to see.
We might, they said the upcoming Captain Marvel movie could be a prequel covering these days, because the full extent of the Kree/Skrull war hasn't been shown yet nor the full extent of how Ronan pivots from being an Accuser at the service of the Kree Empire to the fanatic acting on his own we see in GOTG1.
And yes, EVERYONE should read Quasar, specially those who are into cosmic Marvel. Don't pass that up.

Attached: quasar-wendell-suit3.png (484x809, 445K)

With any luck we might even get to see Carol fight the Super-Skrull.

Oh shit, I just realized that now they can do Beta Ray Bill

Attached: 1553011116937.jpg (246x291, 8K)

Hnnnnnnngh Now THAT I want to see. Either that or the Kree Sentries they never got to do but were among the initial drafts.

Attached: D3FMtcsU4AYC8_W.jpg:orig.jpg (1599x800, 266K)

Given that Disney bought Fox, I think we're more likely to see the Fantastic 4 fight him, as it should be.

>MCU Dr. Doom
>MODOK
>Silver Surfer
>Galactus

Attached: 1552953787045.jpg (448x439, 33K)

>Kang
>Annihilus
>Savage Lands & Sauron
>The Hellfire Club
>Mojo
>Phalanx

Attached: Negan boner.jpg (994x793, 241K)

>Phalanx
>Annihilation Saga built up with 3 Cosmic MCU movies while Dark Reign or whatever is happening on Earth
>yfw Quasar and Nova join the fight
>the equivalent of the all-female lineup in Endgame but pure Cosmic bruisers (Captain Marvel, Quasar, Nova, Beta Ray Bill, Adam Warlock)

Attached: Screenshot from 2017-03-21 00-17-19.png (922x927, 1.22M)

Never but here have her actress without green makeup

Attached: e9e3ca8e60421fdb98f47513283c217f.jpg (500x657, 34K)

She looks better green or blue.

Hey I know this line-up.

Attached: annihilation-conquest-wallpaper-1.jpg (3200x1800, 428K)

>Serious Thor, everyone's least favorite marvel movie

>Jokey Thor, only Marvel Sequel to be better then its original

I mean this.

Attached: Thanos Imperative.jpg (1097x763, 306K)

>both line-ups have Ronan
Bros...

Annihilators too for sure, that would be amazing if they did something similar to that in the MCU, though obviously not Thanos again. I keep thinking Ultron should make his comeback, dart into space and find solace in a warm Phalanx body while nobody's watching. Perfect way to kickstart a new Cosmic saga that requires every corner of the universe to join forces again.

>Fantastic 4 are lame and corny as shit
>consistently have the best villains in all of Marvel
Fucking how?

wow.

Ronan jr.

I mean, he's like number four in the line anyway.

>Played by Orlando Bloom

>Fantastic 4 are lame and corny as shit

If you think families are lame and corny.

Reed can be scary as fuck when his mind wanders.

I gotta admit, my only exposure to F4 are the Fox movies, and the old, old comics and cartoons.

I imagine the Sovereign will catch her out on her own mistaking her for the original Gamora, and when Adam Warlock hatches, the Guardians will either seek them all out, or be dragged in, at which point, while fighting against the Sovereign or Adam, Gamora will join the team, and they'll stand united by the end of the movie.

The explanation is that you're retarded and can't think for yourself

MODOK is getting his own Hulu cartoon with Patton Oswalt.

It's not that the early stuff isn't "corny" by our standards, but they're pretty much very creative and imaginative, and that's why they have the most varied villains (also rooted in high concept some of them). I suggest you to check Byrne's run, I believe it's really up there in terms of what the First Family's potential is really about after Kirby/Lee.

>Peter gets cuck by Adam in Guardians 3
i don't know if it will be funny or ill just get angry for my boy Peter

Holy shit! Americans know about based Machado de Assis?

Considering the post uses a tilde, I would say that's a brazuca.

That's not MCU. I just want MODOK played by Gilbert Gottfried[/ spoiler]

Behold

Attached: Rocket and Thor in Endgame.png (750x545, 688K)

I've been saying this over and over but people keep saying "how can you get bigger than Infinity Gauntlet story" and I'm like "Do you even know about Annihilation?

god dammit user i was in class

Attached: 1545631297099.jpg (729x449, 110K)

Both, hopefully.
>Adam is established as a threat right at the beginning of the movie and is causing huge problems
>Bill is his planet's response to that, and is asked to join the Guardians on their quest to stop him
>He believes them to not be up to the task, but eventually starts to trust them
>Final act of the movie has him picking up the Stormbreaker

>only Marvel Sequel to be better then its original
Cap TWS, IW and GOTG

I don't. I want a serious MODOK.
Played completely straight. Absolutely horrifying.
The sensation a brain which views you as no more significant than a rat is looking at you. And in the back of your mind the gnowing realization he can read your thoughts.

You won't see Bill. You won't. That statue in ragnatock is all you get.

I guess it all depends on whether they introduce him as a Fantastic 4 villain or a Deadpool villain. I totally convinced Deadpool and The X-Men are gonna be a part of the MCU now.

Thor didn't choose to let half the universe die. He made a mistake, but he didn't intend for Thanos to live and kill everyone. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself and relearning the lessons you should have already know time and time again, he could have been useful.

I feel like moviefags would complain about a character introduced in this very movie becoming Thor's replacement seemingly out of nowhere, but fuck 'em.

>I don't want that constant "rivalry" between Star-Lord and him. It's exhausting and not fun.
MCU is going to use that to bait shippers

>"All you need to do is disperse your seed into my eggs Pete"
>"Oh...I see"
GREAT POWER GREAT RESPONSABILITY, GREAT POWER GREAT RESPONSABILITY GREAT POWER GREAT RESPONSABILITY GREAT POWER GREAT RESPONSABILITY GREAT POWER GREAT RESPONSABILITY GREAT POWER GREAT RESPONSABILITY GREAT POWER GREAT RESPONSABILITY

cute feet

>, who, for the first time in his life, is directionless.
He spends most of his movies being directionless.

shit yes, I need my boy Bill on the big screen

So he just got there for no reason, breaking the rules set at the beginning? That's a pretty lame answer.

>Plenty of characters lost a lot, but they didn't become pathetics.
Not everyone move on from the Snap thing. Not to mention he had the chance to kill Thanos

majestic

I wonder if they'll have Thor slim down for the next movie. It's possible to lighten the requirements for Hemsworth's health routine whilst also making it feasible that Thor isn't a schlub anymore. I mostly suggest this because Thor getting in shape quickly would be a funny follow up to the joke about Star Lord having gained weight and committing to a workout regiment

I'm amazed that Rocket was able to grieve and move on from losing his family to Thanos, I was certain that he was going to be unhinged and would need to be brought back into the fold like Thor. The fact that he and Nebula continued to work for the Avengers just because it was the right thing to do speaks volumes about how he's grown

young widow vs taskmaster

That’s because we have no time for the emotional breakdown of a CGI ración
Gotta keep that time and reactions for the main actors

"Oh, so you quip? Great, you'll fit right in here!"

Fantastic Four villain?? MODOK is a Captain America villain, sporadically an Iron Man villain and occasionally an Avengers villain, and even a Captain Marvel villain once.
He tried to use mind control to turn her into his slave.

Heheheheheh. If they use that in a future movie...

Then we should open the movie with him. Strongly reflect his actions in those of Thor over the years.

Not all bare feet are cute feet, user.

What a bummer. Still glad that we got a solid 36 minutes of Rocket in Endgame, just wished for a bit of a deeper dive into his mental state and emotional growth. In little that we did get like slapping Thor and trying to motivate him to bring back his family we can see that Rocket's matured tremendously

Guardians 2 is so good and not bogged down by anything else MCU. The Guardian's movies already feel special and different but holy crap Guardian's 2 is so good. I really hope I can feel this way about Guardian's 3 someday.

Attached: 1556352796283.jpg (1059x935, 95K)

There was also not hesitating to put his life on the line and throw himself over Groot

Cosmic Marvel is usually treated as a separate entity and now you know why

Not that user, user, but for my money he simply put back everything that didn't belong in the present back... including himself.

All this time, he was secretly married to Peggy Carter, occasionally helping out against supervillains in heavy disguise.

"..So, in closing, the Serpent Society is aggregating again, and we don't have anyone on the inside."
"It's all right, mr.Gyrich. I have a man for the job."
"...It's this "USAgent" character again, isn't it? Sure wish you'd let us in on the joke, Carter."
"I'll let you in on the 'joke' when you succeed me as Director of Operations, mr. Gyrich. That will be all."

He tried to change history, of course. Vietnam, the Kennedy assassination, 9/11... and each time, he failed, and each time, he tried again, but history outright refused to move. Something ALWAYS happened. Finally he realized he could not change these things.... because they had happened.

So he did whatever he COULD do until they had finally grown old and what he had known and feared all this time came to pass and she gradually forgot who he was... and he had to move on alone.
Until the day came for him to make his way to that small bench in the park.

That's how I think it happened. We'll probably get a better explanation from the guys themselves eventually.

I just watched it last night and I really don't get what people find special about the Guardians movies. Both of them seemed hollow, trivial and flashy. There are never any stakes or anything interesting going on.

He was designed to be a super soldier, social interactions were what threw him.

>There are never any stakes

>Guardians 1
>All life on an entire planet, with the promise or more planetary death to follow

>Guardians 2
>All life on god knows how many planets, with the universe threatening to fall under the sway of an insane god

So... are you on drugs, or is it congenital?

They both have a shitload of heart to them.

I have zero interest in seeing them build up that relationship again for Peter and Gamora.

Zero.

Everything is too easy for them, it's all treated like a joke. It's all played for comedy.

But how was he there at the end? He should have made another, separate timeline by staying in the past, and therefore wouldn't end up on the bench at the end.

I hope they can move past that fairly quickly. Having Thor would be a nice dynamic. They already did the rivalry thing with Peter and Rocket in Vol. 2

>He should have made another, separate timeline by staying in the past
Why?

two white male lead movies post end game, yea not gonna happen

Captain America should have given Rocket the shield

Because they said that twice in the movie, once when the team was going over the rules about how time travel works, and again when the Ancient One explained why she couldn't give Bruce her stone.

>just uses the shield as a cover while he works with some explosives

>Rides the shield like a sled while shooting people.

Good thing they won't.

Peter will likely end up alone.

That applied to the stones, not people. Cap didn't change his past, he changed his future by traveling to the past. There's nothing out of order.

That was the best part of Two Towers, I'm surprised more movies don't do this.

>He should have made another, separate timeline by staying in the past

No, that is what I was trying to say. He didn't create a new timeline, he 'relived' this timeline. He was unable to change anything, so he did his best, but could do no more. Her husband was him all this time.

(I forget: did he have sex with her niece? If so, he probably tried to forget that.)

Got to agree. Maybe she'll hook up with Adam instead.

"Sagittarius! Something singular is happening!"
"What is it, Aries?"
"It's his shield... but it's moving on its own!"
"You mean its flying? Magnetically or some such?"
"No - no, it's... it seems to be hopping?!"

this is really a fag board

Starlord and Thor install a gym into the Milano so they can get back to being ripped.
Happens between the movies but they totally bond over working out.
Gym bros.

>did he have sex with her niece?
He kissed her, not sure if anything else happened with them.

They wont. GoTG3 is going to be the last movie with the current lineup, Gunn confirmed it even before he was fired. So it's obvious they are not going to redo their arc.

How drastic do you think the lineup change will be? I think it's possible that they retire Gamora and Drax with no character deaths.

Quill, Rocket and Groot will stay for sure. Nebula, Drax and Gamora are up in the air.

Gamora and Nebula's fate are tied, so if one goes regardless of how, the other goes as well.

Expy? Dude it was strongly implied that all those expies where actually her.

Angela is the worst kind of 90s 'Bad Girl' as evidenced by the fact nobody has been able to do anything worthwhile with her so far.

>Brie Larson 2.0
What is everyone's obsession with Brie?

The Russo's consulted with Gunn on music, so maybe they asked him what his plans were for Guardians and how to set it up. It doesn't seem like Disney to screw their own products up, and they had his script beforehand.

I just hope Adam appears in Guardians 3. That´s all I wish for. They can take liberties with his origin story and make the Magus Adam Warlocks crack addicted mother, as long as they keep Adams personality like in the comics I don´t mind much.

Attached: adam scary smile.jpg (321x180, 21K)

lmao, they all gather together and discuss where everything goes next, pretty much years before any of it is filmed or written, Gunn is the one who has to adapt to what they're going with, same as every other writer and director of their respective movies

Well, imagine if someone, unbidden, pushes a giant dildo into your anus -

Go on...

What if the 2014 timeline becomes the cancerverse?

I hope they come with some sort of plot that mirrors Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Nebula is fading away and needs to return to her dimension but the guardians are too stupid to use the Pym partials to do so, so they need Adam Warlock to help somehow.

Attached: Zordon.jpg (1504x1001, 68K)

>Nebula is fading away and needs to return to her dimension
I think you meant Gamora, and even then it makes no sense at all. Why would she fade away?

You know what... that wouldn't make sense because Cap would have the same problem when he went back to Peggy... nevermind.

Attached: zordon 2.png (512x457, 199K)

Adam because I can relate to him whining all the time

Fuck I want this now
Remember how he ignores Surfer in the original Infinity Gauntler? Gosling would be perfect for that

Frenemy*

Normies will ree. Remember that normies reed after the DoFP retcon, which wasn't really all that complicated. Pretty much any time travel is too complicated for normies, somehow.

Thor dies

If this doesn't become something like Hercules with the Argonaths I'm going to get mad

Fuck you faggot

Basically, the dildo is Brie.

It could have been enjoyable if things were slightly different.

Is pretty characteristic of War Machine to have a rocket in his shoulder

>Guardians return to earth for next major event
>have to explain that they just lost Thor at some point and aren't sure where he is
It's so obvious and mediocre you know it'll happen.

>>Brie Larson 2.0

let me see...

>refuses to stay in physical shape equal to male actors
see the robert downey jr example at the beginning of the movie
getting thin because the script asked
Can you imagine Brie Larson doing this?

>give controversial statements
instead of doing something she believes without the spotlight on the media, as many celebrities do without the media holopholes, they do because they want, not to serve as a flag for something

>charisma
Can we have an actress who is beautiful and charismatic?

>refuses to stay in physical shape equal to male actors
She looked fine.

Yeah, her ass was better this time

>getting thin because the script asked
What makes you think he got thin for that scene? Did you forget already how they did twink cap with CGI back in First Avenger almost ten years ago?

Did anyone else think it was weird how they were all still wearing space clothes at Tony's funeral?

Did anyone else kinda feel like he liked Nebula?

Carlos!

Nice dubs.

Karen Gillan agrees:
twitter.com/karengillan/status/936283150438862848

I'd rather he asks Antman for one more Pym Particle to go back and get his Walkman before Ego destroys it since it's one of his last connections to his Mom he has.

Attached: 20190429_114537.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)

The branching timelines weren't the issue. The issue was with the branching timelines not having their Infinity Stones.

>what do you think is going to happen in GotG 3?
Well, we already know Gamora was going to be a big focus, unless plans changed since Gunn got fired and rehired.
I'm going to say Quill keeps sending the team to locations she was spotted to look for her under the guise of something else.

>"Everybody knows who's in charge"
>Rocket silently looking back and forth between Quill and Thor, centered in the middle
It's going to be him

Attached: Who's in charge.gif (640x480, 3.02M)

Honestly this, Rocket is the one who calls the shots.

>>give controversial statements
It was literally one offhand comment from the press tour.

Attached: 1552676984701.jpg (234x235, 10K)

>Nova who is as powerful as she is, but 1) super-annoying, like Booster Gold-level
God no, that's not Rich's personality at all. Not to mention he's to self-conscious to act like Booster Gold.

I would like to see Cosmo in a Nova movie, Gunn didn't want to use him because of Rocket. Also Cosmo debuted in the Nova comic so it's perfect.

Blue is truly Star-Lord's bets color.

Too old.

Uniforms close to the 2008 ones. Rocket is wearing one at the end of Endgame

Hell no, Bendis' GOTG should never reach the movies. Not that it'll happen anyway, Gunn likes Valentino and DnA.

Look into all hickman written Fantastic Four and Future foundation. It's really great too!

>They will become the best bros at the end of it.
Source: my ass

Never ever

Attached: Screenshot_20190429-171242_Twitter.jpg (1080x1304, 507K)

Wise man.
And yeah, Hickman's good. I was purposely sticking into the "classic" era of the F4 though, but that's the best modern run.

The funny thing is that Gunn did give his comic a chance but I guess he ended up not liking it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190429-172036_Twitter.jpg (1080x379, 151K)

Also Gunn started writing his script before Bebdis wrote his first run.

Attached: Screenshot_20190429-171635_Twitter.jpg (1079x1536, 532K)

I don't blame him, Bendis never even bothered to read any of the previous stuff and literally went with the characterization of the movies later on. It's no surprise he started adding characters he felt more comfortable writing than actually committing to the stuff DnA and Giffen set up.

When?

Attached: Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_2_12_Textless.jpg (900x1391, 145K)

The funny thing about this is that Gunn was definitely picking up Guardians 3000 and Guardians of Infinity solely because of Abnett and it looked like he was keeping up with Duggan's run (I follow both Gunn and Duggan and Gunn ocassionally liked some of his GotG posts).

So this was definitely mostly directed at Bendis.

Maybe in GOTG3.
twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/874352639772770305

Though frankly I prefer Wendell, he's the perfect sort of laid back guy who casually saves the universe without getting a nervous breakdown about it like Carol or Richard would.

Attached: DCJTEScUMAAvBkC.jpg:orig.jpg (1600x1200, 268K)

Probably in Carol's movies unfortunately since they seem to pull from Mar-vell's stuff and Feige kind of hinted at them by saying that the upcoming movies will explore Mar-vell's legacy outside of Carol. Phyla will appear and only make a passing remark about having a gf and that's as gay as she'll get.

However Gunn likes Phyla and if he has anything to say about adding a Quasar he probably would go with her. That would be a death sentence to Wendell though.

>using worst Quasar

Wendell is close to being a cosmically powered god and he did start as a SHIELD agent so he's prepared for shit.

Rich was given powers as a teen, then shangai'd into being Nova as a teen, then went through a lot of crap while still being a teen. He didn't exactly have a good start.

That said, yes Wendell has his shit together which is partially why Rich looks up to him.

Carol is just a mess.

Phyla is not worst Quasar only because this useless character exists.

Attached: 8468a8a0-3b83-4fd7-a151-98ef50326a9e.jpg (1249x1920, 800K)

Phyla barely even learned to make light constructs on her own, while Avril destroyed an entire wave of chitauris on her own and was being mentored by Wendell, actually taking the quantum bands as a passing of the torch thing, not accidentally like "whoops I guess I'll be Quasar now" from Annihilus.
That said, they shouldn't have wasted Avril on the planetary shield.
Phyla was better as Martyr (aka a goth girl with a sword) than Quasar (aka a crusader girl with a sword and a dragon).

She's redhead. You know what happens to gingers in adaptations. They blackwash em every time.

I'm glad they gave up on Avril only because it brought wendell back and now Ewing is writing a story about him and Nova. Artist is good too so it should be fun.

We can have Wendell as Quasar and Phylla as Martyr

Good. So he's smart enough to realize what a total shit-show the x-men are and how to avoid falling into the trap others have.

It's a fine trade-off for me. I wonder how the audiences would react to a full blown goth lesbian girl who's the Herald of OBLIVION with a girlfriend who can turn into a dragon.

Much like Drax wasn't an avatar of life in the MCU, Phyla is not going to be an avatar of death.

He was the avatar of Life, though. He was always lively and nothing brought him down.