Anyone else really loved her in this movie?

Anyone else really loved her in this movie?

>the scene where she hears about Hawkeye and talks with Cap is one of the best in the movie, genuinely well written and well acted
>her death was great, she sacrificed herself for the greater good, a narrative you usualy don't see for a female character. She loved Clint and wanted him to go back to his family, wanted to save the other Avengers because they were her only family and ultimately wanted to save the rest of humanity. No matter how much people want to paint it as "fridging", it was not, it was a great character arc for her.
>she was a qt

Attached: 5c8a8141dd08611286199063-750-563.jpg (750x563, 29K)

I always hated the term "fridging" to begin with, but people calling Black Widow's selfless sacrifice fridging is blatant proof that this stupid phrase is code for pearl-clutching feminists shrieking that "Bad things should never happen to girls, EVER!!1!!!!!1"
But to get off that train of thought, I agree entirely with Widow getting a lot of good moments in this movie and in general, she's a far better "Stoic, icy strong female character" than Carol could ever hope to be.

I guess it's considered fridging because it removes the only female on the team for most of the film as well as her getting next to no mourning, Tony gets a funeral where everyone turns up and she gets what? A small scene after she dies and a "I hope she knows we won"?

>Anyone else really loved her in this movie?
Im
Nope, just you

>team mom gets killed off
Yawn. They never did anything with her character other than have her be a prop for men.

Yeah she was probably the most entertaining she's been in any of these films. Good job too, what with the prequel coming up. Managed to avoid a Solo type scenario there.

Ive never cared about black widow
For someone with no superpowers, she doesn't pack the punch that batman does for the justice league.

What? Did you forget Banner's face and Clint's crying? Banner also said he tried to bring her back but the Gauntlet didn't allow him.

I think it may just be that she died the same way as Gamora who was actually fridged, so now people that don't know what that means are using it as a buzzword

>she's a far better "Stoic, icy strong female character" than Carol could ever hope to be.
Carol isn't stoic or icy, have you not watched her movie? That's the entire point of it

Attached: ???.gif (300x204, 1.36M)

her hair looked so fucking cool

>hellish upbringing
>becomes unwilling assassin and spy
>tries to be a better person but ends up unknowingly working for nazis
>finally finds a guy to love her for who she is, days later he ditches the fucking planet for years
>watches tons of her friends die
>takes the helm of the avengers as they fight a hopeless battle for 5 years, barely keeping it together
>dies before she can see the future she fought so dearly for become real
>not even a funeral to pay respects to her and her amazing sacrifice for the universe
Her life was literally completely fucking awful and it's so unfair.

Attached: 1af61db6-59c8-480d-a794-e92ba995123f.jpg (569x569, 54K)

Having not seen her movie but only seen Endgame, she certainly came across as stoic and icy to me. I don't have anything against Carol or her part in the movie, but stoic was exactly the word I'd use to describe her from what I've seen of her so far.

Widow was a loyal soldier to the end. Like a true knight of the round table. Singular in her dedication to the hero life. Fury and the Avengers were her found family, and she lived and died for them. She wasn't the flashiest Avenger, but she was always focused on making it work. Even when Fury was gone, she kept the ship afloat.

Widow was the most dedicated of all. She sought nothing else.

I kind of like that she never had a big focus on romance. That her relationship with Cap and Hawkeye was close, but remained platonic. Like close siblings at times. I even appreciate that things didn't take off between her and Banner, although clearly he regretted that. It made Widow all the more married to the job above all, and it really worked for her as a character especially in Endgame.

Attached: Black_Widow.jpg (1200x752, 72K)

I would've preferred she take over Fury's position

She really had an unusual character arc for a female character and I loved that.

A female character that has such a strong sense of duty and went the self sacrifice route for the greater good is very rare. She also remained human, with weaknesses and great relationships with other characters. It annoys me that the media paints it as "le fridging of stronk female character" instead of the great character arc that it is.

Even Gail Simone regrets making that term a thing.

Widow has been great under the Russos. Come to think of it, I liked her in IM2 as well. It's just Whedon who made her annoying.

>Widow was the most dedicated of all. She sought nothing else.
The movie kind of alluded to this. Every other Avenger had something they were committed to outside of being an Avenger, but for Widow the Avengers were well and truly her family. She had no one and nothing else, and that's why she was loyal to the end.

What was Banner committed to?

Trying to fix his Hulk problems and his scientific work.

they couldn't afford a joint funeral?

this

Dabbing

I can't wait until emma watson ruins the character

she was auditioning for the antagonist you dummy

Definitely.

I'm actually super excited for her solo movie now

wasn't taskmaster the antagonist?

>Gamora who was actually fridged
She wasn't though.

>Avengers are literally the only family she's ever had
>They can't stop fighting and breaking up, leaving her alone again
Poor Nat

Attached: black-widow.jpg (900x600, 101K)

Yes, and not only in that movie. She is...was great, and a true heroine. I miss her.

Attached: 1556374919976.jpg (750x929, 127K)

>Gamora who was actually fridged
Not even remotely.

F

she got murdered by her abusive adoptive father so he and quill could angst over her

widow deliberately sacrificed herself to finish off her character arc and save her friend

same way to die, very different presentations

She got murdered by her abusive adoptive father so he could get a fucking infinity stone. The angst was completely secondary.

Tasky wouldn't be the main baddie, he'd be one of the muscle at best.

he's more likely to be a secondary antagonist than the big bad

I was pretty shocked, I was sure Hawkeye was going to be one since they never let women sacrifice themselves for men

On a semi-related note to female Avengers Wanda fucking Thanos' shit up was the only time I've heard people in a theater excited for her to do something in any of the movies she's appeared in.

Winter Soldier is peak Nat

I preferred how she looked in IM2, but I preferred how she was characterised in Winter Soldier

This was the only movie I liked her in. I found all her other appearances either unnecessary or obnoxious. Especially in IW.

The signature credits hit me.

Valkyrie was more interesting too once she cleaned herself up. Actually had that royal air about her and the Pegasus stuff was pretty good.

Iron Man 2 was such a trailer for Avengers

This

Attached: 15.jpg (495x797, 54K)

At least we can see the return of this great suit

Attached: Scarlett-Johansson-Black-Widow-Behind2.jpg (500x709, 66K)

Serious question: Is IW the one where she’s not wearing a wig?

^ the *only* one

Based on that picture it looks like infinity war is her actual hair and then they did a wig to redo that look for Endgame

It wasn't a bad scene, but it was much closer to the common definition of "fridging."