Endgame

What disappointed you?

The fact that past Thanos didn't know that people from the future could travel to the past and try to stop him. I expected some mastermind moves, sadly he only found out about the Avengers because of that stupid double Nebula link.

Attached: thanos.jpg (275x183, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7lsFuvhs54A
youtube.com/watch?v=DYYtuKyMtY8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Grit_(2010_film)
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging
youtube.com/watch?v=_wNZbgBPz1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The fact that Antman was a fucking idiot that forgot that in the past Hank Pam was around and they could've gone to see him to get more particles.

No post credits

"Hey Hank, it's me, a total stranger. I brought along Tony Stark, you know him, right? We need some of your Pym particles so we can save the universe after Tony failed to save a trillion lives!"

Time travel here is possible only through Pym Particles which we have no reason to think anyone else in the universe has created

To be fair, Thanos doesn't know everything everything. For one, the quantum realm being explorable happened literally right before Thanos snip snapped everyone

As for shit Im disappointed about, fucking pic related not happening

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 192K)

This. Maybe it should've crossed Scott's mind to at least try, but they were right to just steal from him considering that he'd immediately be suspicious, tell them to fuck off, and wouldn't do shit for either of them and Scott absolutely knew that.

>that pic
Fuck, that would've been so cool. I was genuinely hoping either Tony or Rhodey busting it out and was a little letdown by it.

A lot of little things. I wanted to see Thor become Allfather. I didn't mind the whole fat thing but they should have dropped it at some point. Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch being OP. Not enough dialogue from the Guardians. Hulk didn't get to fight Thanos. Muh gurl power scene.

Hawkeye, Ant Man, Rodey, and Captain Marvel have no personality. Also they fucked thor up after redeeming him in infinity war

1 thing only. Bucky getting shafted at the end, it was like Sam was the only one who got recognition from old Cap. A more minor one is having Red Skull appear in 2 movies, mention a red floaty guy in front of Cap and have him not know.

The fact that it had too many plot holes

Anybody weirded out that Future Cap almost lost to 2012 Cap? For disappointments, Proton Cannon, No speech and a cameo of a cosmic being would be nice

No Ghost.

Groot doing nothing.

I thought it was what he was going to open up with when Tony tells Thor to hit him with lightning but its just like something else

It kinda happened fired by Pepper

>they should have dropped it at some point.
This. They already established that Hulk can add and take away time from people. Just have Hulk rewind Thor back to his IW form

How the fuck would Thanos know about Time Travel? No, seriously, how the fuck would he know?
The Nebula thing also has some basis in real science as Quantum Entanglement, so it sooort of makes sense?

>It could've been Professor Hulk manhandling Thanos requiring him to bust out the power/space stone to fuck him up but nope, it's FUCKING CAROL
R...REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He could've mentioned any number of things, like how he saved Janet or had them explain their theory.

I don't really call it a plot hole because Scott's thick and Hank's a distrusting curmudgeon.

Not a complaint but they did not explain whether or not Ghost was alive

Attached: HannahJohnKamenGhostAntManandWasp.jpg (618x412, 33K)

>we need a big brain
>no Reed Richards

>start a new universe
>no segue into Galactus

>SHE'S GOT HELP

>We can't resurrect them because of plot reasons.
>Oh, and fuck Quicksilver especially.

Maybe they'll just use Wanda to retcon everything when the next few movies lag.

If she was alive she could have pulled Scott out instead of a damn rat, maybe she dusted too

I should point out that I didn't expect the first two to happen, but it would've been nice. I was still disappointing, even if it was unrealistic from a metacontexual standpoint.

I want to like this character, I really do. But between the comics and the movies, it's becoming incredibly goddamn frustrating. Carol Danvers is the most forced addition to this universe, more so than Spider-Man and the complicated rights that eventually got him here. Practically every heroine in that lineup shot deserved to be there more than Captain Marvel; Wanda, Wasp, Valkyrie, Gamora, Nebula, I like them! Carol? She's a smug cunt who shows up to be adored, that's it. She doesn't struggle with anything, everything she gets is unearned, and a lot of her character development happens off screen. I get that she's off doing shit around the galaxy trying to maintain some sense of order, but we never see it. I think the Russos knew how tacked on she was, hence why she's barely in it.

Attached: Carol drink.jpg (1497x1497, 361K)

I mean hopefully
It's weird because she's the reason he went into the quantum realm and was in this movie and yet she's not even mentioned

Even if it meant saving the universe, Hank would never let Tony get his hands on any particles.

Why would he go back to a time when he didnt know Hank?

Damn, now I want the first two to happen. The more I think about this movie the more it makes me mad.

Did the smartbomb cannon make an appearance?

It's a superhero film. Don't expect anything but disappointment.

I'm glad it wasn't a total trainwreck.

Proton cannon
My apologies

>just turn off your brain
Why are you like this?

Someone help me wrap my head around this; So I understand that everything still happened, even the changes to the timeline to the point where half the universe just missed out on the last 5 years. My question is how does all of this shit still happen if past Nebula and Thanos are dead?

Also unrelated sidenote; Ant Man is the true fucking hero of this movie, along with Hank Pym. Thanks Pym Particles, you glorious physic breaking wonder

Attached: Ant Man.jpg (1610x2005, 325K)

Damn, this actually would've been fucking great. And yeah, I was hoping to see Ghost as well. She could've helped out in the final battle actually.

Boomer Thor regressing from his good acting in IW to Waititi's acting.

Nobody fucking acknowledging Quicksilver, after that article about a character coming back from the dead last year.

Rhodey using his proton suit for a few seconds literally to meet a dying Tony, or at least that's the only moment you can see it properly.

The Black Order still not being named in the movie

No post-credits teasing at X-men/F4(and what was that anvil sound at the end?).

Also, for whatever reason, Nat's death hit me harder than Tony's.

>She's a smug
Yeah, but she's the heavy hitter of the team.
>cunt
This Carol is nice though.
>who shows up to be adored
She got worshiped far more in her own film, and even then she wasn't acting like she expected it.

She was alright in this film.

that they took fucking 4 hours to kill fucking Thanos. also Black Widows death was hilariously pointless. they spend millions on the battle but it so fucking small part when everything else are just fucking monologues and bitching about cruel life.

Attached: 9WyK50C.jpg (453x604, 78K)

I agree with this. I didn't even hate her movie, it was mostly alright and the insight into cosmic MCU was really cool actually. But fuck, I just hate how powerful she became so quickly and how everything she does feels so unearned.

A decade of making excuses for subpar films has left me burnt out.

If anything, I'm happy that I'm finally free from these movies.

so many characters that the heavy hitters were sidelined. strange could have handled most of thanos' army alone.

affecting the past doesn't affect your future, but someone elses

Hawkeye and Ant Man was good

Nebula and Thanos are dead in some other timeline. They literally explain this 5 times in the movie.

>hank
>>give his work to a stark
>ANY STARK
notice how steve had to *steal* them-?

There's more marvel, and DC has barely started

Yeah but we got like 5 or 6 other heavy hitters in this film already that aren't THAT broken. Wanda almost finished Thanos herself. As for the second point, yeah I was being a bit harsh. Furthermore, when I say "adored", I meant the scene where she blows up the ship was a tad too heavy handed. But then again everyone got their moment so Carol shouldn't be the exception. At least she didn't kill Thanos

>My question is how does all of this shit still happen if past Nebula and Thanos are dead?

>literally explained in the movie
>brainlets still don't get it

>Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch being OP
what?
Wanda was nerfed
agreed, I was looking forward to proton cannon

I wished i saw the movie outside us. Clapping stereotype is too real holy shit.

Meant to reply the OP but whatever.

>Wanda was nerfed
Not that guy, but she was dunking on Thanos before the air raid.

Wanda was about to kill Thanos 1v1. Character's like her, Strange, and CM need to be given an overt weakness like Superman if they aren't going to put some cap on their unclear powers. Anyone with some vague "energy/reality" manipulation is usually too strong.

I guess you could argue that time is not really something that should be considered heavy dependent on cause and effect but a "solid ground" that is the present. The past and future are intangible, and therefore all timelines technically exist simultaneously. So yeah Banner was right, YOUR personal perception of time is all that really matters

You'll have to excuse me. Like with War Machine and Scott, I'm conditioned to think of time travel rules thanks to Terminator and Back to the Future

Attached: bill-nye.jpg (600x468, 52K)

Professor mode Bruce wasn't really into violence, he was mostly Bruce.
like when they go back to 2012 he was smaller than hulk and not much interested in smashing shit

and it should have been the ravagers, nova corp, and helicarrier fleet taking down thano's ship.

>Not that guy, but she was dunking on Thanos before the air raid.
yeah, but I really really REALLY wanted Wanda to get the final blow, if not give him a major injury
fair point

>tfw Shield idn't show up for the final battle lead by nick Furry
I was kind of hoping him and the other old guys would do something heroic and corny like go into battle despite their mortal status.

what fucking helicarrier fleet

I think he means the one from Age of Ultron which just kind of went missing after it's initial use

>someone tried to talk me about the movie
>said he grew up with the characters and that it was the most amazing end they could've possibly got
>didn't know who She-Hulk was
>first thing he said was Spider-Man was perfect in the MCU
>next he said that Thor was great and he wasn't like Superman who's just invulnerable and uninteresting in every single thing
I hate normalfags

It wasn't as grand as Infinity War.

I just got back from the theater, and during the girl power seen this woman about six seats to my left suddenly squeeled really loud and went "woooo they're all women!"

I don't feel like he got shafted at all. He knew Sam needed it more.

The hype was better than the pay off. Thats what worried me going in.

Thought missiles were going to be flying out from the clouds with a giant fucking helicarrier popping out along with carol flying through

Like seriously Fury, what the FUCK were you doing?

It just felt forced imo. It was cool, but still felt shoehorned in.

It was an incredibly fourced scene, and it was very blatant what they were going for.
There really wasn't any attempt at all to hide the pandering.

Infinity War was better, fight me

I really wanted to see everyone take on Thanos and some mega army he would throw at them. I got that, but because I didn't get it exactly the way I hoped I'm disappointed. I know that selfish and dumb, but the battle just didn't hit all the notes I really wanted. Especially because they had to distract or nerf al the big players.

Nobody is going to be able to take him seriously as a replacement.

It really was a case where something came off as the exception rather than the norm, thus kind of sabotaging the intent. Which is a shame because I genuinely like those characters and happy that they all had the chance to fight in the final battle.

Why the FUCK is he just a comedy relief character now? Out of all the original avengers, he got the least amount of action. He didn't smash anything.

Also why can't they make a Hulk standalone movie anymore? I don't get it.

Attached: hulk-thor-ragnarok-2-1548346471.jpg (480x479, 32K)

It was just that long lingering group shot that really killed it. it's like in the editing room they were sitting there going you know

>no no we really really really need to make sure that people get what we're trying to do. Women! Look at all the women in our movie look at them!

Whats the deal with the hammer? Did he take it back to clap the cheeks?

Well Thor took it from TDR and Cap needed to return it along it the Aether.

Is it true Howard actually fought in the final fight? I missed him.

Had better narrative and the fight in Titan was also more self-contained, so I equate that to Tony/Thor/Steve vs Thanos in this one.

they were storing extra helicarrier in the same place where valkyrie got her Pegasus and asgardian armor

>What disappointed you?
Rocket didn't get Bucky's Arm or otherwise steal another cybernetic body part.

Carol is adorable and her beating up Thanos was cool.

How was he supposed to get a Helicarrier ready and flying into the battle are in the 5 minutes he was undusted before everyone came around. Also, Thanos's ship would probably wreck the helicarrier hard because muh advanced alien tech.

They can't make Hulk solo films because Universal Studios own the distribution rights and thus there is no money in making one. That's why Hulk has been regulated to supporting character all this time.

You want my opinion? Just retire Hulk and replace him with The Thing after they have their fight. Same goes with Thor and Beta Ray Bill

Attached: The Thing vs The Hulk.jpg (662x1000, 1.03M)

You don't have to virtue signal here, bro, it's anonymous posting.

>Quantum Entanglement
You don't know what that is.

>Also why can't they make a Hulk standalone movie anymore? I don't get it.
Universal has the rights for individual movies. I'm not sure how they got the end credits that tied the 2008 one to the MCU, so I can't explain more.

How did he return the Aether anyway?

anvil sound was From Iron Man when Tony is making the Mk1 in the cave

Spider-Man killed a guy

Technically Spider-Man killed like 12 aliens with automated spider-legs so he's still in the clear ethically

Nebula just joined the same wi-fi network as Nebula Prime, that's not quantum entanglement.

They mention it. The memory data of present Nebula has a time stamp and it's 9 years in the future for that Thanos.

I think when they said "return to the moment they were taken" they dont have to put exactly where they found them, just back into the timeline to prevent the chaos that the Ancient One predicted

helicarrier taking down thanos' ship with Marvel's help would have been nice as well.

>Superman who's just invulnerable and uninteresting in every single thing

i hate normies too.
>hes invulnerable
>but hes best known for dying!
which is it then? jesus christ

Are you agreeing with me?

I wish groot was in that scene because what if groot is actually a girl

If CM travelled through the battlefield encountering all the heroines, that slowly gather to her, it would fell much less forced.

Sorta. IW had better narrative but I also loved Endgame because it felt exactly like the kind of culmination to 11 years and 20 movies worth of stories that one would expect of a celebration like this.

I wish that one of the female superheroes had been holding up a sign that says "Love Trumps Hate"

Being able to bring back half of all life in the universe is pointless? It was literally their goal in the movie. Somebody had to die for their plan to work.

>after Tony failed to save a trillion lives!"
You say this as if Hank wouldn't agree solely to spite a Stark.

It felt like Endgame was mostly just fanservice, and I was too distracted by the narrative

if you're too afraid of getting fanservicery, you end up with mass effect 3 ending and just TLJ.

endgame ending is what mass effect 3 ending should have been like

>red ending, blue ending, green ending
>Iron Man ending, Captain America ending, Hulk ending
Please don't give them ideas.

>When cap stood up to Thanos's army alone he didn't say "I could do this all day."

>When the dreadnaught started firing into the sky it wasn't an army of ravagers
Don't get me wrong, I actually really liked Carol in this movie. But it would've been cooler to have her showing up WITH the Ravagers

the whole time thing messing up a decade of movies made it worse for me

The final battle was underwhelming desu. Expected some nifty infinity gauntlet action, but all we got was Carol getting punched.

Attached: 1550284178482.jpg (804x956, 133K)

when the dreadnaught started firing into the sky it wasn't an army of ravagers

for some reason they thought coming in on foot was better than bringing in their massive fleet.

Time travel is a lame cop-out mechanic and I don't like it. I preferred the fan-theory that everyone was trapped in the soul stone, and the avengers would shatter the stone to release them. Time travel is gay and dumb. Make sure you also go back and kill baby Hitler, guys.

The fact that the motherfucker that posted the time travel leaks years ago was right FUCK YOU DUDE

Past Cap thought he was fighting Loki, Present Cap was holding back because he was fighting himself.

There was no better option

Thor gained weight instead of Nebula. It's true: when you fetish happens in something you watch it always happens to the fucking dudes.

I kept telling myself they would never do time travel because it always ends badly or is just a fucking mess but here we are. I can’t stand time travel

>>When the dreadnaught started firing into the sky it wasn't an army of ravagers
I was thinking that too but, well it has been 5 years and probably half of them got dusted anyways

The kicker for me is that they tried to mask how wonky and awful their time travel mechanics were by trying to shit on every other time travel movie.

>i can do this all day
>not as long as one man will stand against you youll never win

im disappointed user

She is more machine than flesh. Probably can't do it even if she wants to.

>Myself
I couldn't understand how Tony stole the Infinity Gem

Attached: images.png (618x496, 21K)

The fact that strongest of the Avengers didn't rushed Thanos. A fight between Thor, Hulk, Cap, Iron-Man, Wanda, Strange and Giant-Man agaisnt Thanos would have been great,

The new gauntlet was designed by Tony and comprised of the same nanites he uses in his newest suit. He learned on Titan that he wants the ability to quickly remove the stones if need be

Thank you, kind user

>no thanoscopter

the russos disgust me

Haha, time travel is dumb, remember Back to the Future? Remember Time Cop? Stop dancing. Remember Time Patrol? Stop dancing.

>Giant-Man
Regular-Sized-Man

[spoilers]
>Carol getting headbutt by thanos and it doing nothing
>Hulk not getting a feat of strength moment or rematch with Thanos
>not enough Wasp, never enough Wasp. This is my bias but fuck you, more Wasp.
>I miss the Vision almost as much as Wanda
[/spoiler]
Anything else would be a nitpick but I genuinely really enjoyed it. Im a little worried about the future because if its riding on Carol theyre fucked. Two movies in and you can tell shes the least popular MCU character, ignoring the “yassss” psychos that are a loud minority

Also not cool how they baited people saying Captain Marvel heavily tied into Endgame, Antman and Wasp tied in SO much more. Captain Marvel was still in theatres the day before Endgame, and Im wondering if there was time to catch it on netflix if it would have done half as well at the box office.

Nice job idiot

Fuck! Delete this I fucked up!

Oh God How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

Hulk lifting the entire base's ruins secret wars style not enough for you?

I don't like Professor Hulk. I like regular-flavor angry Hulk. I don't care if Mark Ruffalo wants a bigger role.

>Carol getting headbutt by thanos and it doing nothing

i assumed she just put up an energy shield or something and thanos bounced his big ol' purple dome against that. my brain cannot compute she no sold that

Alexa, look up the definition of "Mary Sue"

trying and mostly failing.

I wanted a Benethe a one hundred and fifty billion tons of rock is the hulk moment.

Shut the fuck up, TvTropes.

It was a crappy callback to that moment if you ask me. Remember the size of the mountain he just had to hold for awhile in the comic? Compared to some building rubble? Shit you serious.
Its 1 am, Im clearly to drunk to post
Not even gonna defend myself, idiot moves like the one I just made are why I dont come here until after the movie. I typed it right like 40 times today but damn it all I fucked up. I hate spoilers, really sorry if anyone read that, hope a mod gets it. Tired and going to bed.

Black Widow got fridged and you absolutely can't deny that.

Okay, now Im going to bed

Attached: 2D7023C0-3C6E-4619-A12A-BA7EB5D7CCF9.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Bros, explain me something cuz Im too dumb to understand
They all went back n shit and spent time in the past, so the thing is, no matter how much time they spent in the past, when going back to the future they would all return the same time? Is that it?

That character has always been an unlikeable fuck nugget and this movie was filled with unlikeable B team versions of A listers, the whole thing was just like a big fuck you and came off as exceptionally impotent in its execution.

How did it fail in its execution?

Is this worth watching a second time?

>Also not cool how they baited people saying Captain Marvel heavily tied into Endgame, Antman and Wasp tied in SO much more.
Hahaha, I feel so bad for those fuckers that skipped it. Your fault.

Doom wasnt the end credit scene
unless the hammering was doom making his mask which would be kino.

There was no end credit scene wtf

And nothing will topple Thanos (Kang, maybe?) so people wont really care about Doom

Yeah, it was far too self-indulgent. Chop the ending of this one to Infinity war and you get a far better movie.

>entire theater stayed for end credit scene
>all they got was the iron man hammer sound

>Chop the ending of this one to Infinity war and you get a far better movie
Fuck, now I can't re-think this

>Doom appears.
>Magic-science bullshits some sort of spell.
>Turns Black Panther white.
>Cackles madly.
There now you got a villain people would want to see the heroes fight.

Professor Hulk is my favorite Hulk incarnation. It never lasts, but it's the closest Bruce can get to actually being happy for a while, and given how relentlessly the universe shits on him at every other time, it's nice to give him a break.

Most things were decent ideas with horrible execution

Time travel is fine - but they fuck it up with “plot” rules that make no sense like permanence

Hero’s are pissed - immediately commit murder

All the women are here - glamour shot and they never speak to each other once

Have two literal mcguffins in carol and the gauntlet and do nothing with them that makes sense

Carol finds tony literally how?

Show off the history of the MCU - with the stupidest way imaginable by literally revisiting old movies

Hulk just everything they did with Hulk

The absolute shit sieve that was Thor 3 bleeding into this with infinite character assassinations

Etc

Mid-movie I couldn't stop thinking that this feels lackluster, almost like a TV series multiparter or a Netflix show. I understand what they tried to do but come on, this is not how you make a movie.

Valkyrie was likable here, IRONICALLY ENOUGH

Half the movie was setting up the Disney steaming knock off shows

Professor Hulk removes Hulk's only weakness, his duality of personality. He becomes another Superman, he's a boring character. Fat, depressed Thor is more interesting.

>setting up Disney steaming shows
That's the entire movie

I love Professor Hulk, but I wanted 90's Professor Hulk, married to Betty, a total Chad not afraid to smash things when it came to it but also a super genius.

I guess so, I can give it that much I didn’t have any issue with her

You aren't excited for the 12-episode Rescue series? Gwyneth Paltrow is excited.

>becomes another Superman
Fuck you dumbass

Attached: DCDAB4DA-AD7B-4BD3-A8A3-92B0AF406741.jpg (1300x1390, 135K)

Next up is probably either Kang, Immortus, or Galactus. Kang or Immortus are a lot more doable now that they've established a time machine that doesn't need an Infinity Stone, while Galactus is one of the few heavier hitters than Thanos who also actually has reasons to visit Earth.

Their other option is to do the Kree/Skrull War, but the justifications for the Earth-based Avengers to get involved in that are always a little tricky.

Blow me faggot

1- Thanos should know about time travel since he had the mind stone. And Hulk would know that Thanos was coming, and could use the gems to eliminate him as well.

2- To obtain the Soul gem, one has to sacrifice what he loves the most (or at least, something he loves). However, Hawkeye got the gem without doing any kind of sacrifice. In short: Thanos had to physically kill his own daughter (he made that choice), while Hawkeye didn't have any choice, and if anything, decided against making the sacrifice; it was done for him.

3- Captain America shouldn't be able to go back to their original timeline in the end the way he did. The idea, i guess, is that he actually lived all these years instead of going back using hte machine. This is not possible, because he wasn't in that timeline to begin with.

4- Power levels are completely messed up in this movie, more than any other. You never really know how strong Thanos, or any of the avengers, actually is. It all depends on plot relevancy. One time, a couple of humans can almost take him down. In others, he can tank heroes who could take down an entire mothership oh his.

5- Thanos, and everyone else in this movie, are still complete retards. Killing 50% of all life doesn't do shit. First, it would only undo about 30 years of populational growth, and second, it is in every way a worst choice than just making every planet bigger, or part of the population sterile, or simply wish everyone is smarter (making them have a better populational control). Not only Thanos is retarded enough to miss that, nobody else was smart enough to point that out to him. It's like that one episode of Malcolm In the Midle where two farmers almost kill eachother fighting over a fence, because none of them thought of the idea of a fence gate.

Im a not a marvel comic fan, whats the thing about Kang, time travel and an infinity stone stopping that?

This beautiful specimen didn't have nearly as many cool onscreen feats as the Mark L in spite of being superior in every way.

Attached: iron-man-mark-lxxxv__silo.png (480x991, 505K)

Kang cannot happen without iron man it’s not possible, Annihilus is a far better and more likely saga villain.

Start of the movie- kino, Captain Marvel aside
Mid of the movie- trainwreck of impressive proportions, what, did mid-00's Fox make this movie?
Final battle- Fantastic, with some minor nitpicks, but god tier
Ending- WE FOX NOW

I love Ant Man and I love him even more, best hero

Forget that, Thanos went full anime villain at the end, and not even good anime villain, shit anime villain.

I mean, it does the same basic stuff as the Mark L. The big reveal was in Infinity War, that it's nanotech and can change shape. The Mk. 85 is pretty much the same.

Kang is from the future, and the idea that you could time travel without a Stone wasn't established until this movie.

why can't it happen?

Any camrips out yet? Already seen the movie in theaters

Yes, I watched it on cam.

Why couldn't they just add the final battle to IW?
>inb4 money and future plot setups

>anime villain
Can you speak in the non-weeb version?

Yeah, but I was expecting it to do some truly cuhrazy shit in Endgame to show just how wild Tony's imagination is when it comes to weaponry. Turns out it just morphed one or two weapons that Mark L already used plus that lightning refocuser.

Major complaint? Quill got the seriously shit end of the stick. He was the only character who permanently lost someone really close to him who didn't get a proper grieving scene. And the scene that he thinks he's reuniting with Gamora, he gets kneed in the nuts because it wasn't his gamora. And that scene was basically his biggest contribution to the climax. And then his final scene is basically him getting ribbed on by everyone on his ship. It felt kinda cruel to me. I hope he gets better treatment in the next GotG.

Minor gripes:
Rocket seemed to cope a lot better with losing everyone he loved than I expected. I guess positively you could say that its a sign of how much he's matured. Also I wish we had gotten a scene of more people reacting to seeing him for the first time. I was looking forward to that.

Also, the scene at the end where all the women line up together made me roll my eyes a bit, but it was brief enough that it didn't bother me too much

Otherwise I really liked it.

I don't think he got shafted. If anything it highlighted how much in sync he was with Cap because he knew what was going on without Cap telling him, hell, he probably knew Cap was gonna stay.

He could've smashed more, but Smart Hulk is awesome and I'm glad he got some mainstream exposure.

Attached: IMG_1703.jpg (1200x1844, 438K)

They will if they set him up properly with the F4 movies.

Secret Wars IV or Earth X would be the perfect way to end the MCU, but who knows if they'll ever do that.

Black Widows death was cheap. Nebula literally tells them how Thanks gets the soul stone but they just think they can go there right someone dying? It was so forced

I'm pretty sure Bucky doesn't want to go to battle ever again. He's been through enough shit that he'd probably like to retire from combat forever. But Sam is still in his prime physically and mentally.

Wanda's weakness seems to be her weak human nature, that can be sneaked upon. She can be shot and stabbed if she doesn't see it coming. Strange does have the cape to defend from most physical attacks but can still be hurt if his defenses are down. Captain Marvel though looks like she can tank artillery fire and has an unlimited supply of energy, and can travel at light speed/warp maybe? way too OP

I was a bit disappointed he didn't take Bucky with him so Bucky could have his happy ending in the past too

yeah, it's why no one noticed that nebula didn't immediately travel back

Yeah, they all had their devices set to return them to the same point in time.

-Fat Thor
-Rhodey not getting his legs fixed
-Nebula not being restored to full flesh
-Nothing of Rocket encountering a normal Raccoon
-Nothing done with the fact Quill was back on Earth for the first time since being kidnapped as a kid.
-No individual Infinity Stone use by the heroes
-Nothing about the status of the Sokovia Accords
-No meeting between Professor Hulk and Thunderbolt Ross

It's all inconsequential little stuff, but it was stuff I was hoping for.

First movie takes time to make him have a real motive for wanting to wipe half the universe's life.
Here: what I lost? I'll wipe everything and redo it again because it's MY will. Also I'll enjoy having my way with your planet.
They turned him into a generic gloating villain with a crappy motivation.

So the Avengers obviously didn't affect their own timelines past but used the Quantum Realm to create new timelines. Apparently multiple timelines/realities can exist at once in the MCU.

Question is, do those timelines still exist now that Cap returned the stones or have they been erased? The Ancient One said they'd need the stones to protect those realities, but at the end of the movie they talk about "snipping the branches" like they're planning to get rid of the timelines?

The 1950s timeline where Cap returned the Tesseract to might've rejoined with the main timeline if it wasn't significantly different, explaining how he was able to appear as an old man. Or he somehow found someone who could bring in him back to the main timeline to meet Falcon and Bucky again.

>What disappointed you?

Where are the Kree, Nova Empire and Skrull? How did none of them get involve in this? Especially the Kree who had active awareness of both Captain Marvel and Thanos?

>Nebula being restored to full flesh
I'm pretty sure she's waaaaay too far gone to be made flesh and blood again
>Nothing made of Peter being on earth for the first time since childhood
I didn't even think of that, but yeah thats dissapointng

I liked the beginning and loved the final battle, but everything in between drags, and its what's keeping me from going to see the movie again. I felt like I was watching one of those anime movies where they basically recap the entire show and throw in 20 minutes of new footage near the end to make it worth it. Instead of having Thor kill him off and then taking a trip down memory lane I would have rather had Thanos be a more consistent threat like he was in Infinity War.

Attached: 1473556317367.jpg (794x685, 137K)

The lightning-refocuser was dope, but it wasn't on par with the Mark L's reveal, or the Hulkbuster reveal even.

>Thor getting nerfed
They finally started using him correctly in Ragnarok and IW. Him getting depressed and falling into a funk is perfectly believable, but the fact that he ended his character arc for the past eleven years ended on such a low note is a serious bummer. He didn't even really get one cool moment to showcase his power. Actually, a lot of the heavy hitters come across as B-listers here, which is especially lame because all of their badass moments are in the second act low point rather than the triumphant finale. Feels kinda backwards to me.

>Time travel
It just came across as a cop-out, especially considering it was introduced into the MCU through this very movie.

>Too fucking long
The movie really dragged in a lot of places. Hawkeye and Black Widow's fight went on so long that it went from touching to comical, it took too long to set up the time travel that really shouldn't have been in the movie, etc.

>Girl power scene
Mainly because most of those characters had never even spoken to each other before. A sequence where all the female heroes do something badass together is fine, but they handled it very poorly.

To be fair, everyone is weaker than their 616 counterparts in the MCU. It's the heaviest lifting that anyone's done in these movies to the best of my recollection, and I'm pretty sure he did it with one arm since his other arm got fried.

Nebula and Gamora should've been the ones to destroy Thanos's ship, I get why they gave it to Marvel but Nebula really deserved a real win

what other option is there? Literally name one other option that doesn't involve time travel that would make it possible for them to win

I know. It would have worked perfectly. Here, it's like they held the audience hostage for advertising. And the plot went to shit, they did time travel in the messiest possible way.

Aside from the "I'll enjoy destroying your planet" bit, it all felt fine.
Earlier in the movie established that the plan really is all that matters to him. His own decapitation didn't bother him at all, since the plan succeeded.

And talking about remaking the universe after killing everyone fits, because he realized that leaving half of the universe remaining means that they will be bitter about what happened. So he plans to completely start over to avoid that.

how was anything ruined?

when and where

I told you, the fan theory about the soul stone.

so who's the next big bad? I assume it's Galatus?

Did you not watch it?

When Falcon is yelling at Bruce to pull him back Bruce says "I did, he overshot his return"

Cap lived his life in the other timeline then came back when he felt he was done over there, and showed up a day before (presumably).

The Nova Empire was decimated by thanos forces, they weren't snapped.

>Nebula being restored to full flesh
>I'm pretty sure she's waaaaay too far gone to be made flesh and blood again
That would have been kino, though. Think of it as a parting gift from Tony. And she just breaks down and cries, making Tony's death all the more meaningful.

Kang, due to all the time travel shit, specifically Cap staying back and radically changing a timeline.

no odin catching cap with mjolnir and giving him a look

The time travel thing could be good if they explain what Cap did at the end of the movie, and explore the repercussions those timelines could face in a future movie.

Timeline convergence is a thing, and if Cap had kept a low head and returned the cube, that timeline may have not been very different from the main one, so it could've rejoined with it post-endgame explaining old Caps appearance. Or he did just return from another timeline after living his life there. Both work and don't break the films logic.

I'm sure they'll take advantage of those ideas at some point though, Thanos no longer exists in the 2014 space-stone timeline where nu-Gamora is from, how does that affect those versions of the Avengers and Guardians? Is Tony still alive there or did something even worse happen? They've ensured movies for years.

Attached: 16354728.png (400x302, 253K)

>virtue signal
Kys

Has to be Doom

>It just came across as a cop-out,

No, an actual copout as cool as it would have been is if the Watchers got involved and decide that what Thanos had done was over the line and pulled the stones back from alternate timelines to "solve" the problem.

The only problem I have is that they could have spent more time on the actual time travel part to demonstrate how complex the mechanics they were messing with was.

To add to this, I think it was a misstep to have the Thanos that fights the heroes at the end be one who had never actually met them before. Hell, I think they even went back to before Avengers 1, so they hadn't even started interfering with his plan yet. Thanos seeing that they become a thorn in his side really isn't the same as him having experienced Iron Man making him bleed, the Chitauri invasion being thwarted, Thor nearly offing him, etc.

And as an aside, I wish they'd given him some of the energy projection that he has in the comics. It would've made the final battle more exciting.

oh fuck off. Cap living his years was a perfect end to his arc

Nebula in general seemed like a huge liability given her "record literally everything" DVR feature. That shit already backfired in IW so they maybe should've expected it again.

The time travel part was over 2 hours of the movie

First actor from a TV show to reprise his character on the big screen.

instead of Daredevil or even Quake

Attached: Agent_Carter_Season_2_Promo_02.jpg (2250x3000, 979K)

these guys

Attached: celestials.jpg (711x518, 112K)

I liked him in Agent Carter and that was a pleasant surprise I really didn't expect. They probably could've got the younger Howard Stark actor too but the older one made more sense imo, he's the one Tony has interacted with the most in the Iron Man movies.

>5 years to remove that thing.
Literally the only way conflict occurs is due to stupid plot contrivance.

Will DD appear on the big screen?

>Hell, I think they even went back to before Avengers 1, so they hadn't even started interfering with his plan yet. Thanos seeing that they become a thorn in his side really isn't the same as him having experienced Iron Man making him bleed, the Chitauri invasion being thwarted, Thor nearly offing him, etc.

the thanos who fought in the end is from gotg (2014). Avenger happened in 2012

How did Thanos bring his ship through the time machine with pim particles?

just put her in the magic body printer from Age of Ultron

don't think about it too much

just assume thanos with access to space tech could improve the time machine.

It can't print full flesh, Ultron was a special case.

He may not have known Cap was supposed to be gone for a few seconds, but he did say he was going to miss him

Only the hijinks involved in getting the stones not the actual mechanics involved. The most you got was the mobius strip scene, the comedy scene with antman and the brief talk Bruce had with the old keeper of the time stone.

Bucky will probably get this in BP2

Attached: 2.jpg (325x479, 42K)

Speaking of which, wouldn't that thing be able to fix Hulk's arm?

Not only that, why does anyone have to die at all there? Skull tells them they need to have lost that which they love the most, I legit thought Clint was there to get the stone for free because he already lost his family

did you?

>My family died.
>Oh right
>*scenery transforms and clint has the stone*
>Heh it worked.
>Let me try something...Hey I lost my lady thing!
>*natasha gets another stone*
>...wut?

So Hulk mentioned he tried to bring Natasha back. I think that means he did succeed and she is just hiding.

>skrulls are introduced in Captain Marvel
>nobody thinks to use them as an ally
>shapeshift powers aren't utilized at all
>Captain Marvel had no other importance in the story than ramming the ship

I mean they’d probably do some bullshit villain twist when there really just amoral space gods at worst, they could just make an eternal film close to the OG run

Exactly. It felt shit

>Hated character does something plot breaking
Was that a TLJ reference?

wait hold the fuck up where is scott from?

If he could make an improved time machine why didn't he do that and then invade with an army of Thanos time clones from different eras?

San Francisco

Not him but it depends. If there is really only one set of stones regardless of any alternate timelines then the Soul Stone probably dosen't recognize Clint's personal lost.

Also how did stones remain in existence if Thanos destroyed them? Shouldn't such an act actually cause paradox? Why do the avengers need to worry about the stones placement in time when there already exist a timeline where they don't exist? Or was Thanos only fooling himself into thinking he destroyed the stones?

I still don't know what the fuck does the soul stone even do.
Like its so mysterious, and you have to sacrifice a loved one to get it, but I cant recall ever seeing it used like what is its power?

this

>turning a southron into a yank

Couldn't Old Steve just bring her with him from his timeline? Or would that have fucked over the Avengers of that world? Would Steve give a shit if it meant saving her?

I was surprised she didn't try to wear the glove

I'd assume it lets you revive people, though with the way to get it, I wouldn't be surprised if it only worked once and you'd have to "pay" the stone for it

I'm pretty surprised at how relevant Karen Gillans Nebula became. I figured they would've deviated from the comics and made her a mook in the first GotG but she ended playing pretty big roles in the Avengers movies. Good for her.

I guess power of life. It seems like the stone that helps power the snap

Attached: 2-1524513596690_1280w.jpg (790x1200, 226K)

Drax was a non-factor in both movies, despite having his entire arc summed up as "kill thanos" for 3 movies.

Like, I didn't want the killing blow, but a moment of him fighting Thanos and maybe getting a stab or two would have been nice. Maybe have him combo with Wanda since they share the "took everything from me" mindset.

I think with Bautista being a diva with James Gunn was a reason for that

he brought Mjolnir back to the proper point in time. Bringing Agent Carter would mess time like what Ancient One said

Bucky didn't really have ties in the past besides Steve, since he was sort of a womanizer, but in the present he has Shuri and Wakanda's kids and shiet.

I wonder what will they do with the show tho.

>Black Widows death was cheap.
It hit me harder than Tony's. Probably for the whole thing about trained assassins who have done terrible things except one had a chance to redeem himself.

They figured that she was becoming a big star so they did the smart thing...unlike with Gemma Chan.

So I'm guessing there is a timeline where Loki managed to escape with the cube and the streaming show is gonna revolve around that.

What else has she been in?

True but idk I feel like it could have been set up as literally a suicide mission only one will make it back type thing. Maybe it's just me but I feel they glossed over the only important detail of the stone and make it seem likes its a big reveal how to get it
would that be its own timeline since current loki is still dead?

Is Bautista in trouble with Disney or is everything good now that James Gunn is back?

idk, at the least he probably has a job for life with Gunn

It was so easy to set up too

Thanos: ready to die, Mr Stark?
Iron Man: absolutely. I'm even in my Sunday best
>Thanos has a slightly amused expression right before the proton cannon is pulled out of hammerspace and sends him flying

Was anyone expecting Valkeryie to be Loki at the end of the movie?

He went a bit quieter after his initial push, probably because Disney went "shut the fuck up dave we're bringing him back when it dies down" to him at some point.

Cap whispering the "Assemble" part of "Avengers Assemble!" line. I mean I'm glad it was in at all, but come on man, it's a battle cry. Take a note from BP.

Either the Loki show or a chapter of the What If one.

Why would he go back to when he did know Hank? Hank would probably think it was some sort of dumbass prank.

I'm pretty sure behind close doors he was told to shut up or he's gone

Probably. Cap may have returned the scepter to before he tricked the Hydra guys into giving it to him, but that doesn't mean Tony and Scott didn't fuck up taking the cube

I kind of expected it to be revealed Loki faked his own death again, only to get snapped, then comes back wondering what the fuck happened.

There's always weird time travel stuff, but how did old cap show up in their universe if he went back in time to change the past and didn't return to the present?

The fact that somehow going to the Battle of New York was "more convenient" because they had 3 stones at once.

That shouldn't be important! You know the stones have safer spots throughout the recent era to retrieve.

>>SHE'S GOT HELP
That was so hamfisted it wasn't even funny.

Is Vision really dead?
There is a TV show about Wanda and unless it's 13 episodes about her agonizing dreams about what her life could've been like, I am highly suspicious about it

wait what

My only gripe of the movie is the ending where peter Parker goes back to school. Did strange return them back to 5 years ago or is it 2023 for all them except far from home cast

this scene didn't happen
youtube.com/watch?v=7lsFuvhs54A

>not having the major plot point from the comic to defeat Thanos

I'm out

Attached: eternityguardiansgla.jpg (250x300, 47K)

I was more pissed that present thanos got killed so early. Not because I wanted a fight, but because I wanted to see how he's doing five years later and see if his point of view changes.

IG Thanos was a real character, while Endgame Thanos was the character we saw before that film, and he's just not as deep.

It was more convenient becuase they didn't have enough Pym Particles to do multiple trips and splitting the party up too much could have been disastrous.

Though that brings up the issue of if they had limited Pym Particles then how/why the fuck was Antman shrinking still?

I assume Peter was "lucky" and all his supporting cast and friends also got snapped too, so they are all the same age for the sequel.

But they split up in New York anyway.

It's gonna be a prequel romcom or Vision returns in his white form and hijinks ensue with Wanda having to teach a robot love.

He's the Hulk, he'll heal after a while.

I think it's silly but it's a great way to introduce Harry and Gwen into his class now. They were 5 years younger but now are the same age as Pete

Hulk said he could stay all the time he needed, maybe he did return after Margaret died.
But really, this movie directly mentions every other movie that has done time travel just to say "this is how time travel actually works, and we base that on the fact it's the only way it can make this movie work"

And didn't even tell Scott

I was surprised they didn't even allude to the abstracts in Infinity War or Endgame. I was sure we'd see the Living Tribunal at some point but I guess they don't want to use him yet. I know there was a lot of ground to cover and I suppose having them would've made the story even more crowded but still, a little post-credit scene of them discussing the recent events of endgame would've been cool.

Can you link me to that post? I would genuinely love to see that.

Yeah but at least everyone else was still around in case something went wrong. Which it did

Loki escaped and we know he loves an illusion switcheroo. Valkyerie is now king of asgard and it felt like it was leading to her being an illusion like how he replaced Odin

It's okay because Bucky has original timeline frozen Steve to be bros/gay (depending on your preference) with.

I felt bad for 2018 Thanos. Like he had won, he was content and settled down to his retirement farm, having given up everything to fulfill his dream. Then he made sure nobody could undo it by destroying the stones, crippling him but still content and happy with it.
Then some ungrateful assholes break into his house while he's making tea, chop off his arm and then his head.

I expected Steve to be Loki since he was holding Thor's hammer.

>Peter returns
>Now has a potentially 22 year old Liz still thirsty for him

Along with Carol, his harem just keeps growing.

Attached: 1522100253468.png (379x205, 19K)

It would have been pretty based if Cap was the first one to come down, and they had a tense scene where Thanos offered him tea.

It would have been a fantastic moment of the two actually talking, before Carol and Thor lose patience and they wreck his shit.

I'm wondering how much more advanced Iron Man suits can get. We've reached high end nano-tech shit with forming cannons and lasers and swords and tanking mega blasts...

Maybe it's good Iron Man is done in the MCU. You cant go further thematically without it going silly.

Teleporting Armor? Henshin?

He is complaning about the how not why?
It made for a good ending but is not logically correct

Jumanji, which, mind you, cucked The Last Jedi from getting a bigger box office by making almost a billion.

They're probably going to start delving into that stuff with Eternals and GotG Vol 3. We're guaranteed Celestials and Adam Warlock in those movies at least, but that could lead to us seeing the LT or other cosmic beings.

Don't forget Doctor Strange 2 as well, I know the director really wants to include Nightmare as the villain but Living Tribunal first appeared in Strange's comic, it'd make sense for the two to clash at some point.

A big reason why this film felt to me like a TV show, the middle has pointless padding like this.

Where the fuck did gamora go? starlord is searching for her in his ending scene, but i don't recall seeing her leaving at all after she knocks him out
Did gamora return to the past without a proper scene and hes searching for the gamora than got sacrificed for the soul stone?

asking this cuz im curious: does this actually follow a comic series where tony dies, or is that just a liberty they took? Pretty sure hulk could have wished him back after the fight was over. what was with them barely using the stones even if hulk was given breaks between usage? dont tell me the glove was too damaged

At this point the only direction they could go is making an 'evil iron man' in that he has that tony styled tech.

I'm still hoping that noise at the end implies Dr. Doom but who knows

Scott didn't fuck up, it was all Tony.

I heard they confirmed it was just Tony working on the Mark 1

>no scene of Tony having to tell May that Peter is fucking dead
>Peter comes back and Ned is still the same age but acts like he hasn't seen Peter in forever
I'm so confused at Spider-Man's treatment in this movie. Also, that GURL POWER scene was forced as shit.

Attached: slap your shit.png (257x348, 175K)

Hank hates start rewatch ant man

Lame.

But hey, Marvel has X Men and Fantastic Four now. So even if the new Avengers don't work out they can always start fresh.

>Five years later and Ned is still in highschool
am I missing something or is highschool 4 years

Attached: 1535947141779.jpg (665x574, 39K)

So, Loki's scepter is the Mind Stone, right? I only saw AoU once when it first came out so I only vaguely remember, but I think it was, right?

Attached: 1418101149667.png (513x418, 478K)

Honestly I feel like the next arc could totally just focus on mutants. I feel like introducing the Skrull was the first part of that

Ned got snapped as well

>but acts like he hasn't seen Peter in forever
Because they realized that they've been basically dead for five years? They're happy to see each other since they thought they were going to stay dead.

But yeah the GURL POWER scene was super forced and it made me think of /ss/ with Peter for a minute.

High School is 4 years. Correct.

They need the bracelets to be pulled back, so chances are he left the last stone to be delivered in the 70s, took out the bracelet, then had his life with Peggy in secret.

well time moved forward but the assumption would be he and everyone in school got snapped

The only thing the girl power scene made me feel was humor at how the main first female superhero of the series was fucking dead and wasn't in it, and then hype for the inevitable Tracy Scops comic where Spidey fucks them all

Is it implied all of Peter's friends fucking died from the snap? Did we ever hear about that?

Im disappointed captain marvel had short hair
girls ALWAYS look better with long hair, I always prefer longer haircuts on chicks that are shown to cut their hair. at no point have I ever though short cuts are better
long hair is simply sexy

>Ghost pulling Scott out
>Implications that she's obsessed with him
>Ant-man 3 is about Scott and Hope trying to do super hero stuff while Ghost keeps stalking Scott and causing bad things to happen

When present Cap meets past Cap and says "you gotta be shitting me" I was expecting past Cap to say "language"

Have muties even been confirmed by Feige yet?

The girl power scene was slightly irritating, but as long as half the audience enjoys it, whatever.
I still agree, though

White Vision was shown in artwork last year so I've no idea what happened with that. That being said, the show is set to happen during the 50s with Morgan Le Fay as the antagonist, so I've no idea how that's gonna be either.

>Gwen gets played by the same actress from Spider-Verse
Holy shit.

Yeah but shouldn't that have also caused an alternate universe where he grows old with Peggy?

Yeah
T tesseract is the space stone
H Her soul is the soul stone
A aether is the reality stone
N necklace of strange is time stone
O orb is the power stone
S scepter is the mind stone

>I was expecting past Cap to say "language"
The Russo's probably want people to rightfully forget that AoU happened because it was bad.

Not really, TWS Peggy said she had a husband but didn't said who he was, so as long as Cap remained in secrecy or changed identities or whatever it wouldn't change anything.

I actually thought it suited Larson's Captain Marvel more weirdly enough. Her long hair seems to highlight her forehead more or something, she looked bettet with it short.

Also I'm kind of getting lesbian vibes from Brie, she's also pushing that relationship with Valkyrie hard so I wouldn't be surprised if she wants Carol to be gay.

have sex

>Is it implied all of Peter's friends fucking died from the snap?
Yes, considering we see all of them in the spider-man 2 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=DYYtuKyMtY8

>tfw we’ll never get to see Hunter in a Black Panther movie.
Why does the MCU keep doing this bullshit to me?

Considering that they're all the same age, yes most of them likely died from the snap.

Of the "original" MCU heroes, Captain America has the best cast of characters so It was super disappointing to me that Bucky has no closure, Sam got the Captain America mantle and that Cap didn't even do an "I could do this all day".

The only thing I can think of is that strange or someone brought peter back to the past while everyone else in the mcu are in 2023. Also I think of the itchy and scratchy theory. Anything that happens inconsistent, a wizard did it .

We're not seeing anything like that until the next phase is over. What phase are we on now anyway?

Hailee isn't blonde

I watched it today and thought more people in Yea Forums would be upset at short-hair Carol having Mar-vell's color scheme in her new suit.

I feel that would have been a bit difficult.

Like, surely someone would eventually see him and go "hol up, cap?".

Thor staying fat was a terrible idea. I had expected him to finally get into shape during their plans for time travel.

Have her dye her hair. I don't care. I wanna see Hailee Steinfeld in the MCU.

phase 3, Feige might include Spider-man Far From Home or not. Feige might do something compeltelydifferent for the next phase, including dropping the phases at all

>to finally get into shape during their plans for time travel.
Unless Asgardian bodies work differently, he'd have to have been getting in shape for a while.

I want a good actress for gwen

Strange could have fixed up Tony in a second with just one stone, two tops

Bucky was really shafted after Winter Soldier, even his presence in Civil War as the source of the conflict was smaller than I expected, he stands around a lot now. I'm hoping he shines better in the Disney + series and has good chemistry with Falcon.

Zenday isn't white or a red head, yet she's still playing MJ

It was a bit too lighthearted for a grand finale. And it lacked standout moments like Thor forging Stormbreaker or Strange going all-in with his magic (even if his ultimate gambit in this movie was memorably messed up). It also severely lacked tension since you pretty much knew that Past Thanos would only become a threat AFTER the Avengers managed to collect the Infinity Stones so you're sort of just twiddling your thumbs waiting for the (frankly indulgent) nostalgia journey to end so the big fight can start.

I was expecting more permadeaths in the final fight. Sure tony died, but I was expecting Thanos to use the gauntlet to do some extra sick stuff like he did in the comics. Turning Thor or Steve into glass and shattering them, that sort of thing.

Also I was hoping the final blow would be from Nebula.

easily just use Hulk's time machine to make him /fit/

When the OG 3 were watching Thanos, I was sort of hoping he'd lightning the fat off or something with Mjolnir, similar to how grabbing Stormbreaker miraculously cured his burnt up dying body in IW.

>Cap didn't even do an "I could do this all day".
Well, past Cap did, and present Cap just says "yeah I know..."

>thor took Mjölnir from the past before ragnarok
>this somehow doesn't fuck him over during thor 2 and create a shitty timeline
I know they dismissed back to the future logic, but ill be damned if it didn't make sense

Cap returned it along with the stones.

Everyone on tumblr already assumes Carol is a lesbian because of the hair.
I did think she looked a lot better with the short hair though.

Also now Disney protects agent carter from get blacked in Agent Carter - Season 2. Well played

this. why wasn't Bucky given the mantle

Cap brings the hammer back along with the stones at the end

>this somehow doesn't fuck him over during thor 2 and create a shitty timeline
Remember, literally seconds after he took Mjolnir and left, Cap brought it back.

???

I was fully expecting that to happen until Thanos bombarded the place.

Yeah that's true, he didn't have the hammer with him as old man Steve.

Hailee is just a singer, not an actual actor with charisma or skill

Because he killed the stark’s parents. Can’t have him being captain America.

Bucky wouldn't want it, and anyone in denial about that doesn't know the character at all.

One of them literally suggested necking baby Thanos, but they made it clear that this would just change another future, not theirs.

I don't think we'll see F4, X-Men or other Fox characters until until Phase 5 then. Feige already said they have the next phase planned out and the Fox deal isn't changing it, at least not drastically I think.

At most we could start getting references and easter eggs to Marvel Fox stuff or a post credit tease down the line. But I don't think it'll be anything substantial for another 5-10ish years.

>Latverian flag shows up in Black Widow movie
Something like that maybe. Feige will throw bones but I doubt he's going to rush this stuff out.

Attached: img036.jpg (644x502, 149K)

nigger they literally said doing the whole kill baby daddy doesn't work for them in their timeline and only changes that timeline.

Cap can ask the Ancient One for help with anything related to that

what the fuck? she even got nominated for an oscar, youngest actor nominated for the award

>Hey Parker, got something for me?
>tfw Peter almost got snu snu'd in the middle of a war

source?

>pic related not in the movie
>time travel being convoluted and used as a cop-out
>barely any interaction between tony or steve that resolves their issue from civil war
>Steve dying, tony retiring. Or steve's death motivating tony to use the gauntlet and ends with him dying
>character interactions being limited other than og six and Ants. Should've had a scene with all characters conversing and planning a attack on Thanos
>leftover from IW, Thanos being neutered
>fat Thor being a joke rather than redeeming himself
>final battle was too short. Several characters didn't get their moment to shine. Hulk, wasp, being useless most importantly

Attached: IMG_1222.jpg (992x1525, 427K)

I was disappointed Cap didn't have a dialogue with Thanos during that confrontation, Falcon and the others showed up too soon.

Steve didn't do the famous Cap vs. Thanos speech from the original Infinity Gauntlet comic. Damn you, Sam.

>okay because Bucky has original timeline frozen Steve
?

True Grit? Directed by the motherfucking Coen brothers? Hell, the only reason she was cast in Bumblebee was because Knight wanted the best possible actress available.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Grit_(2010_film)

I think they're going to deliberately take some time after Dark Phoenix comes out and bombs, which they already know it's going to do, in order to let people forget the Fox X-Men movies before they come into the MCU and avoid audience confusion. Deadpool might be an exception, but I don't see them doing more than one more Deadpool movie.

If post Thanos Steve went back in time to be with Peggy, then the Steve from that original timeline is still frozen basically. So there's two Steves in the MCU now because Steve fucked so hard with the timeline.

Hulks not the strongest there is bros, that's kinda sad

>MCU mentions lebowski made by Coen Brothers
>Hailee was in True Grit by the Coen Brothers
>Hailee played Gwen in Spider-verse
>Hailee in the MCU as Spider-Gwen/Gwen Stacey
I can see it, and now I want it to happen.

Sorry
I'm drunk,stoned and stupibd but somebody can tell me where's Carol Danver during the heist?
BTW No Fuckin Drax stabbing Thanos

Ant-Man used to have a personality in his first movie, but how much of that is just the characters that he gets to play off of, I don't know. In specifically this movie and to some extent his second movie, he feels incredibly sanitized. Simultaneously less cynical and less of a goofball, and less like he's been in prison for 10 years or whatever. In civil war, he had a scene where he's asleep in a van and they wake him up and he meets captain america for the first time after being buzzed from jet lag and that has more character than all of his scenes in endgame combined.

its not like you have any real time table to start a time travel plan

No Quicksilver dammit

I'd honestly prefer it if they kept X-Men out of it. There is no way you can comfortably bring Mutants into this universe over ten years after it fucking started.

>Nebula realizes Thanos knows about their time travel shit
>Nebula does not immediately Ben 10 her way back to the current time to warn everyone. She sits there and gets captured and at no point during capture does she Ben 10 out.

There's a lot of stuff that Fox hasn't put on-screen yet so I think Feige might go a similar route to Phase 1 and choose more obscure Fox characters to use first, then build to X-Men.

I feel like most of us want a good Fantastic Four movie though, even if there's already been several, I don't think there's as much fatigue for them as there is for X-Men. So I think they'll retire the core X-Men for a while after Dark Phoenix crawls into theaters, and focus on F4 and Doom first, maybe some other lesser known mutant characters will get the spotlight too.

And I think they can easily incorporate Reynolds Deadpool now that alternate timelines have been firmly established in Endgame. Or just keep the actor and have him do an MCU version of him, who's practically the same except his supporting cast have been dropped and he makes fourth wall jokes about moving universes or something.

Attached: download (11).jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

She's the right age too.

This. Steve basically caused a huge ass butterfly effect that I'm guessing is going to be the plot of one of the future movies.

You know why? Because the fucking plot absolutely, 100% relied on that. I found that bothersome.

Yup, just seemed like a case of tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging

Carol has a total of 4 relevant moments
>Hey guys, here's your nearly dead main character
>Hey Parker, wanna /ss/?
>I guess we're doing an all-girls scene, do I even know you?
>Oh yeah, I'm fighting Thanos alone! *gets power stoned* Owww my face!

It'd be hard to bring Gwen in without bringing up her relationship with Peter. I mean, you COULD, but some people might get mad. But at the same time, if you replaced Peter's colored love interest with a blonde white girl, it'd attract the wrong kind of attention.

I think maybe Thanos was supposed to win in Infinity War, Strange letting Stark live and allowing him to go on and fuck with the multiverse feels like something the Living Tribunal could object to. Sequel bait?

Attached: 00ae4820289bc3cb33e218d53e9f5a80.jpg (408x617, 97K)

You know, if they Deadpooled her like here, she would be a heck of a lot more interesting, even if she is still a cunt.

I'm happy honestly, Carol's such a boring character and I was afraid they were going to force her down our throats in this movie.

That's why Hailee Steinfeld is so perfect, she is mixed race.

My issue with Carol is the lack of consistency. I can't really tell what her personality is because it was always changing in Captain Marvel. And in Endgame she's kind of meh. They need better writers for her sequel.

Zendeya wasn't a love interest in Homecoming

She's apparently gonna be the love interest in Far from Home.

Nebula should have been the protagonist/antagonist of the movie, stealing the gauntlet and fucking shit up due to her own pent up rage.

And have her be redeemed by Gamora within the soul stone convincing her to stop.

wait a minute...

dr. strange did say there was only 1 in 14 mil. chance they could win. does that mean that, in essence, all the other timelines are doomed to lose to thanos forever (except the main one and now the universe where this thanos came from)?

youtube.com/watch?v=_wNZbgBPz1Q

>dr. strange did say there was only 1 in 14 mil. chance they could win
Maybe he was talking about Scott staying in the van forever or so long that all of the other Avengers are no longer available to fix the snap?

Well, they're technically only saving Past Thanos's universe, they fixed their universe but they still lost.
And there's still a lot of variables, Scott may have never come back, Tony could have refused to help them, Nat not getting to Clint means they won't get the soul stone, etc.

obviously going back to live with Peggy didn't change anything

Yes it did because there's now two Steves. One that was Frozen and became an Avenger and one that went back to live his life with Peggy.

Why did they treat Scott like shit then?

If all the other timelines are doomed to fail anyway I don't see why Old Cap didn't bring his timelines version of Black Widow back with him, not like she would've lived.

I hated how cringe they made Thor.

anyone else noticed rhodey got a fucking iron patriot mech suit after getting out of his old one? did i miss something with this?

You movie fags need to stick to Yea Forums

Because haha Aquaman is funny, wouldn't it be funny if we had a guy like that? What do you mean it was only the nerds perpetuating that stereotype, the general public likes him? His movie made what? Shit...

those are the same steve

They got the balance between goofy Ragnarok Thor and Avengers Thor just about right with Infinity War, then they took him to whole other level of goofy in Endgame. He could've been better but I'm just hoping he isn't like that all the way through Guardians 3.

Movie-wise? They have to shit on someone and Quill is dead
Character-wise? I actually don't know, it does feel uncalled for, especially since the big solution is his idea

Watch the Director Extended cut™ to find out!

It was only cringe because it reminded of yourself, you lazy fat fuck.

They're the same but one fucked with the timeline too hard, the scene of the two Steves fighting sums up that basically there's two Steves now since one of them went back in time to be with Peggy while the other one went through the frozen man stuff.

I totally agree, IW was the peak of the MCU

>Dr Strange shows up
>Get pumped
>He spends the whole fight making a water spout

Attached: 1526007439731.png (720x480, 617K)

At least what we saw of him was cool. Him flying around shooting those purple things down at the aliens, burying them was great.

He didn't even do or say anything bothersome. And worse, he is supposed to represent the everyman, which...yeah, speaks wonders of some of our heroes.

>gets shit on by the most useless avengers despite being one of the most important to the plan and having cool and unique powers

He opens a portal and holds water in Endgame basically. He got that amazing fight in Infinity War though...

The first Doctor Strange movie was pretty generic/average but I do like the character and all the trippy adventures he'd have in the Strange Tales comics. I'm hoping they give the director more creative freedom for the sequel to make a really psychedelic experience. Or at least somewhat scary since he's a horror guy.

Attached: 1428600-inb3.jpg (1290x1920, 551K)

What, did you expect him to create multiple copies of himself like in IW to help out more in the battle? Don't be silly.

user, this reply chain is about Bucky at the end of Endgame still having a young Steve to pal around with, which is not the case

Heh, even the normies were making theories about how he could kill Thanos by himself, so yeah, someone at Marvel fucked up. I mean, the Pyms shit on him because they are assholes, but Hope does genuinely care about him.

the real question is, why not just go and get some stones from anywhere else and start...
fuck it, this movie is some hot bullshit.
Iron man died. That's what disapoints me. the man we've been with throughout the entirety of the MCU, from the creation of his first armor to effectively the bleeding edge. From shwarma to this clusterfuck of a movie. I remember when the MCU was simple, easily controlled and understood by everyone who watched it. They've made it so complex, introducing so many characters, lackluster to top notch that now the bloat is going to effectively crush everything from the top down. If they really wanted to make this cool we should've either just seen iron man and the other core avengers fight thanos with very little of the extended cast. Let guardians of the galaxy do their own thing. Let black panther do his own thing. Let doctor strange mess around with the higher beings and shit like dormmamu and the living tribunal more. Crossovers have the potential to be cool, but more often than not they are a cancer, and they are going to kill the MCU completely.

How poorly the time travel was thought out, trying to rationalize it and thinking about how it would work in context makes my head hurt.

For me, it's that they spent less time finding an end to the story, but instead made 3 hours of opening up future stories.

>We can't mess up the timeline guys but let me just kill past Thanos and past Nebula so I can fuck up the timeline
>Hulk shown as able to use the gauntlet without dying decides to not use it to bring Tony back after he dies
>Also fuck bringing back Vision that guy was a douche I guess

IW was overrated, Endgame gave the stakes and impact that was missing from it.

Endgame is overrated user

perfect

Attached: Capture.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

The fact that this watered down tripe is popular.

It was a setup for the last battle. When the Avengers HQ was blown up, Rocket, War Machine and Hulk (The first two are the ones that shited on him) are trapped in the rubble and Scott is the only one that can save them, it's repeatedly shown how hard he wanted to save them and in doing so without resentment and contempt, he became the bigger man. But yeah, one feels bad for him because he dosen't deserve to be treated like that.

At the end, why don't they just bring him back like Thanos did with Vision?

Attached: W5gpC6a.png (887x687, 508K)

>Yadere Ghost

Attached: tenor.gif (244x300, 1.01M)

Out of the 14 million timelines, any timeline where Quill doesn't flip out and punch Thanos in the face, and later Strange doesn't give Thanos the Time Stone, they lose. Presumably even if Quill doesn't punch Thanos in the face because Strange tells him about Gamora in advance, Thanos either finds a way to get out of the group hold or he's just strong enough to beat them all without the Gauntlet, but either way he takes the Gauntlet back except Tony and/or Nebula don't survive Infinity War, which fucks everyone over in Endgame. There's no possible outcome to Infinity War where they actually beat Thanos before the snap.

How bout what Vision got?

The shield that Iron Man used in this movie looked exactly like the shield he has in MvC. Did he always have that kind of shield?

I just wanted to see Ultron again. I love him as a character, but good god his movie is a mess. At least it was fun to actually see glimpses of the mundane clean up after the NY incident.

No cosmic entities or a stinger.

Attached: ssr17.jpg (900x1373, 254K)

test

Maybe they were too weak to handle the gauntlet for even that task without putting their own life in danger? Or maybe it only worked on vision because he was a machine and/or existed thanks to the mind stone.

Nobody time-zapped back.

it was a golden opportunity to bring someone from the past into present day.

>character who actually needed to get dusted in order to not die during the five year gap due to lack of quantum juice

At least just not show half of the first movie’s student cast. It’ll imply that those who survived moved on, and the half gets to continue where they left off. That is just lazy writing.

Also, there should be some sort of time skip considering 3.5 billion people just got added and would take some time to adjust.

Some of this shit is just fucked. Antman reuniting with his daughter who aged 5 years is swalloable but imagine being a high school kid with a girlfriend, getting snapped and unsnapped 5 YEARS LATER, and finding out she moved on and married a different dude

Happens to many soldiers who were declared killed in action. To find out they were just held captive in some foreign country. Manages to escape and come home, to find out that everyone has moved on. It’s not a difficult concept to comprehend.

this

>Tony, Thor, Hammer Cap Vs. no gems Thanos
>They lose

See, a simple solution would have been to give him an incomplete gauntlet so he can access some of the gem abilities but not all of them.

Attached: 1463503483536.jpg (660x578, 199K)

I can't explain it but I felt really uncomfortable that the way they won the war was basically the same way Thanos wiped out half the universe.

More about how it was like a minute to you and you're the same exact age but everyone is older too

Correct, but it's close. Had a tighter plot.

Shouldn't it also be possible with the time stone?

fucking brilliant

Just stick in a montage of everyone preparing for the time heist while the brains of the group are working on making the time machine, user. It's been 5 years, it's not as if they can't pretend skip time for a few more months.

>we're in the endgame now Stark
>jk endgame is actually five years from now

Attached: 1337835460178.png (324x246, 51K)

Then why was Cap's jump to the past not a separate timeline? It's implied it's the same one but that would cause a bunch of new splits surely

>stakes an impact
>Literally no one dies during the war save for Thanos’ minions.
>I was waiting for Nat to die
>Tony dies after all is said and done

Literally so droll compared to the 3 or so legitimate deaths in IW.

Does it feel weird to anyone that Stark didn't try to build a suit specifically designed to protect the wearer from the effects of snapping with the gauntlet? It feels like something he would do, so that he could be the one to use the stones.

Attached: 0ea.png (205x298, 81K)

I dunno about you anons, but I suspect that if Endgame had been an anime nobody would be feeling upset about a girl power scene.

Attached: akane_na.png (1692x1621, 289K)

My major problem is that the Thanos they fought was a totally different from IW Thanos. This Thanos didnt have the same journey of losing Gamora, of fighting the Avengers and winning. The defeat of the new thanos lacks emotional resonance because the connection between this Thanos and the Avengers isn't there and his defeat doesnt feel as fullfilling

Why did they kill the Thanos that did the snap? He was no longer a threat, he did what he did and was not going to do anything else. Not exactly repentant but there's literally no point in killing him.

I was hoping for full-powered gauntlet Thanos to simultaneously fight every named superhero in the MCU, ridiculous as it sounds. A simple all-out attack showing each hero having a go one by one with a rotating camera around Thanos. I loved the battle on Titan in IW because everybody got their moment to shine against the big cheese, though admittedly they had fewer characters to work with.

Because they couldn't save the world but they sure as hell could Avenge it

What part of "whatever it takes" you didn't get
Also Karen (the suit AI) is doing all the killing

If Endgame was an anime no one would watch it and the girls would be overpowered but useless as fuck either way. Here the scene felt out of place because you had A-listers all over the place and all they could do was line up some z-listers and a girl with a spear? That's why it felt shit and pandering.

nigga that is set for defeating galactus

Because he put all the stones back in the correct places, this putting himself back on the main timeline. He just decided to take the long way home.

Brainlet.

Because they were still fucking pissed off that the universe got snapped. Thor especially was just reminded of his failure and being taunted at the end of IW for not going for the head immediately before the snap. The team wasn't having any of that gay ass no killing batman shit.

She was off doing space shit. Keep in mind they wanted to send people back to times where they had direct knowledge of that place and time. Obviously there were exceptions, like BW and hawkeye, but since CM was so removed until recently she wouldnt have any first hand knowledge

This. Unlike most of this site REEEEing about larson, i think shes the best carol we were ever going to get.

The problem is that carol is, and has always been, a very uninteresting character

Was her miss marvel period good? A functioning alchololic, battle-enjoying, wanting to prove herself hottie is an okay-ish character. Not exceptional, but decent for a side character. Was she ever good in the comics?

>What disappointed you?
How much of a fanwank fest it was. And how Scott got out of the Quantum realm after 5h and Michelle Pfeiffer stayed in there for decades of real world time and aged. I felt like they threw away that whole movie instantly. All the whole time travel plot was legit bullshit and everyone just accepted it.

Too little Wasp and Ant-Man, they're my favourite couple in the mcu and they have real chemistry unlike the cringefest of pepper and stark. I realized I like little character moments more than normie masturbation splash scenes and I'm okay with being disappointed because it's done.

though it certainly proved why Marvel didn't need a superman type, she didn't bring anything of her own to the movie and only was given screen time to show her with the original avengers thats it.

michelle pfeiffer got caught in a temporal vortex which aged her, and Scott was careful not to fall in one

but really, there were a lot of things that didn't make sense, the move functioned on rule of cool essentially
she suffers from the same problems that thor suffered from in the first 2 movies. A stoic badass warrior may seem likea cooll idea, but as a character they're not really interesting. She's also not connected to the other characters at all and her presence felt like when you get invited to a party but don't know anybody and everyone is in their own clicques.
Also she was too powerful compared to the rest of the cast and can break the story, so they have to keep her out of most of the fighting.

Why do you need a gauntlet to use the stones?
why do you need to snap your fingers to make it do stuff?
does this mean an alien race with no hands can't even use the stones?
why didn't they just travel through time at will as soon as they got the time stone?

I wish Drax got one moment where he did damage to Thanos. Not a kill shot or anything huge but still, just something.

They should had give Strange a better excuse than fucking water if they just wanted him to be busy with something.

Are they alive? I thought they are undead aliens.

this. he could have portal'd all the water somewhere else in a second, come on

gauntlet prevents the stones from overwhelming your mind, body and soul with their power and accidentally dusting yourself or worse
the snap is like a magic feather. a placebo that makes things easier.
alien races with no hands could just as easily make like a necklace instead of a gauntlet and do shit by warbling or vibrating their tentacles or whatever
irons in fires

Everything they did with Thor
Everything they did with Hulk
Bucky and Cap bromance dismantled for forced Sam & Cap bs
Every scene with Marvel

So basically we're going to have a armies of religious fanatics and people who have lost people unrelated to the snap make pilgrimages to the site of the avengers base begging for loved ones to be restored... Also it will bring villains and government people out of the woodwork looking into Time Travel.

Maybe even Dr Doom wondering why people have been meddling in his tech?

Also Earth having multiple uses of the infinity stones over and over, generating that much cosmic energy probably will attract the attention of very powerful cosmic beings...

It didn't have any

Time travel is cheap and it gave everyone a convenient way to end the movie in a mostly good spot outside of Tony-relate trauma. It also lets them write whatever the hell they want because lul time travel works how we say it does
and un-snapping everyone poses several questions.
>What about split couples that moved on while the other was snapped and had a new family? What about the economy and the sudden weight of 2x more people? There is now a 5 year difference between you and friends/family and half of you are still getting over the possible trauma of having to live 5 years alone
and people are already getting on Cap for not fixing things via time travel and just fucking off to be with his waifu and then giving the shield to the guy who wasn't his BFF war buddy who went through hell for him

Sure it didn't

He didn't have the time stone though.

Why didn't Tony use the stones to make himself powerful enough to use the stones and then snap thanos army?

that's not a problem with time traveling and unsnapping. That's a problem with a 5 year timeskip. Had Endgame taken place 5 months after the snap it would have made more sense.

No one's ever really gone

The stones stop all branches from being formed from their loss. How does that revive thanos? But say maybe that would make thanos not dead, it would still raise a huge problem since Gramora is still in the present despite being part of a timeline that would be destroyed in theory.

Y'all are some baby ass motherfuckers. That scene was dope. Badass women doing badass things together is amazing. And I had young girls in my theater going crazy at that scene. That's what's important.

Why bait three replies before the bump?

You're asking why he doesn't use the stones to make himself powerful enough to survive using the stones? Really?

Yeah she's busted. But she's a living infinity stone like Wanda. She just soaked up more of it. Though Wanda at max power could reach comic book levels of silly real soon.

Zen shitposting aims past the target.

No. Fuck you. Now I'm crying again.

yes, why?
You can use them to kill or revive half the life in the universe. Tony used them to kill a few million aliens and their ships. Using them to slightly alter the biology of a single person should be a piece of cake by comparison.

I'm not baiting though. I had no issue with that scene. It was pretty great. Not the best scene by a long shot but it was badass none the less.

Eh? Any time you break immersion you fail as a writer.

That's the trade off. The stones powers are coursing through you ALL AT ONCE and if you're weak of mind, spirit, and body they kill you. It's why even putting on the gauntlet hulk was in pain and so was Thanos both to point of barely being able to move. You also can't use one stone to boost one stat and then snap. Basically that one stone is now being used for separate purpose from the others. That's my reasons at least.

What was the immersion here. I guess the chances of all them coming together was slim to none but if you wanna talk about breaking immersion look at Widows death scene. Or Thor's entire character leading up to the final fight.

Sure, the entire movie was mediocre.

Kinda bug me Strange is capable of easily creating portals between far-away worlds. Dunno if Strange in comic is able to do that.

It was

For me the dealbreaker was Hope. Shouldn't she be protecting the van? Helping Scott? It just doesn't make sense for her to abandon that duty especially when we know just how focused she is as a person.
That and, while it could just have been me missing it, I don't think Mantis got to do anything after grouping up with the rest of them. She was the one I was actually excited to see do something as well so I'll be happy to get proven wrong there.

Hate twitter but this tweet is good.

Attached: 6C527F54-AC04-423A-9956-FE2A5091F410.jpg (755x754, 493K)

marvel essentially wanted to make movie adaptations true to the feel of the comicbooks. well, serial, long-form and convoluted it is then!

they weren't planning on killing him, but thor had a personal axe to grind (literally) because thanos basically killed what was left of his people, his brother, and him not aiming for the head the first time was the thing that led to the snap in the first place. thor made the move to kill thanos out of rage. you could see the other characters were surprised by that sudden murder

the corporate shennanigans behind it is bad but they made an enjoyable movie and a satisfying conclusion to the 10 different franchises and story arcs that they've been building up to since even before they were bought out by the mouse. nothing wrong with that

>M-Muh struggle

Why is it everyone but white men is expected to struggle?