In a movie that was meant to a desperate struggle to save trillions at any cost...

In a movie that was meant to a desperate struggle to save trillions at any cost, why did we need this fucker memeing it up in a fat suit so much? Its starting to feel like Ragnarok both saved and destroyed Thor as a character

Attached: 1280-hemsworth-thor-the-dark-world-3jpg-883c82_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

He's possibly the worst case of flanderization in hollywood history.

Because fuck it. This character alone has been in six other movies, he's earned the right to flex a little bit. Also it's literally the most interesting the character has ever been.

Also also Braided-beard Painted-on-the-side-of-a-Van Thor was totally worth it.

He was a broken man, though they did play it for laughs too often.

Someone has to tell Chris Hemsworth he isnt as good at physical comedy as he thinks he is

I kinda like how they've made it a character trait that they have no idea what to do with the character.

>both saved and destroyed

I never did like what Ragnarok did with Thor as a character in the first place. He isn't even funny to me, they just made Thor act happy and obnoxious, that doesn't equate to good comedic timing.

If they wanted to make Ragnarok a comedy, it would have been more effective if they had Thor play his previously established character, as the straight fish out of water man trying to be serious in a ridiculous setting with Jeff Goldblum being Jeff Goldblum, Hulk being a bratty shit and the alien and strange world being out of his control, and shenanigans ensue.

It just seems like they catered to Hemsworth who wanted to play a happy-go-lucky dudebro having dudebro adventures.

It basically felt like the directors of IW and Endgame wanted to erase any sort of development he got in Ragnarok just to suit their own purposes.

>made Thor act happy and obnoxious
Didn't Rocket in IW point this out, with Thor admitting its his way of coping with the tremendous amount of loss and suffering he's had to go through, and its a really bad way of coping.

That was so damn obvious when he said at the end of Endgame something like:

>It's time for me to be who I am rather than trying to be something I'm not

That's as close as you can get to a script admitting the character is badly written.

I feel like that Rocket dialogue is just an after-the-fact justification. While a clever one, the unsatisfying feeling of bad character development remains, and even more so when they just went all out flanderizing him in endgame.

Hemsworth could never act his way out of a paper bag. This is coming from someone who remembers him from Home and Away, where he was noticeably bad even in a soap opera made for the lowest common denominator.

He's carried entirely by the fact he's a tall handsome lad, not by any acting chops. Always nice to see Aussies do well overseas, however

>broken Thor
This already happens multiple times in print but he never became a fat memelord.

He got most of his development in Thor 1 and 2, Ragnarok just made him into a clown.

i didn't think thor was that fat

the snap changed everyone and they showed it by changing the heroes' appearence too (Banner is now always Hulk, fat Thor, Nat never got a new haircut, Clint being ronin etc.)

Everyone is dealing with the snap like the way they can, Thor has seen some shit and that's how he copes with it, they showed it in Ragnarok too. And he was fucking drunk for most of the movie.
That being said, could have used less quips.
That being said, i loved how he looked like at the end and the sudden change of voice

>This is coming from someone who remembers him from Home and Away
>Tfw thought I was the only one who'd seen him in it
I'm Irish and our middle aged women have a massive hard on for Aussie soaps for some reason
I honestly dont remember him do anything besides walk around shirtless though

Fat Thor was funny for that first scene when he was shittalking on Fortnite but then it just became annoying. They made Thor into a complete joke in this movie.

DUDE QUIPS LMAO

>save trillions
When are you fucking retards going to understand it was 50% of the UNIVERSE not just on earth.

>I'm still worthy
If you didn't feel that you've got no soul.

Thats a good thing. He was 500 times better in IW then he was in Ragnarok.

Dude had hope, and then it got smashed into pieces immediately afterwards.

>Hemsworth could never act his way out of a paper bag
Nah he was great in that racing movie.

Yeah, our soaps do disproportionately well in Britain for some reason. Neighbours is still crazily popular in England. It's weird.

>I honestly dont remember him do anything besides walk around shirtless though

Yeah, he was a lifeguard married so some milf-y doctor in her 30s with curly hair. He was only in it for a couple years from memory, but he was fucking everywhere for a while. You couldn't go through a supermarket checkout without seeing him on the cover of trashy lifestyle magazines. Good on him, I'm happy he made it, but he still can't act for shit.

>New Asgard
I'm amazed there's enough Asgardians left, like between Hela killing tons, then Thanos and his forces killing more at the start of IW, THEN the Snap happening.

Its correct though, it was trillions. It'd be equally correct to say dozens or hundreds

Can you do that? Just start a new country inside an alreadt existing one?

Not like anyone can just stop them.

That's one of the biggest cassus belli there is, short of attacking the country and its citizens itself.

That's what he did until Ragnarok

Okay.. so how would you describe the number killed by Thanos' snap?

Half of everything.

Bruce said trillions in the movie

>Dude
agreed
>had hope and then got it smashed into pieces afterwards
Yeah exactly. How do you expect literally one of the most powerful avengers, if not the most powerful avenger seeing as he's at least a demigod, to cope with his complete failure to save half the universe because he wanted to gloat instead of going for the head?

A savvy politician probably gave a slab of shitty coastline to Thor in honor of his service to Earth for the publicity. It's like granting a rockstar knighthood or giving medals and honors to celebrity athletes.

Maybe New Asgard is more of a town than a country itself? Like a diaspora inside Norway or whatever.

Yeah, we didnt see any border checks or anything, so I didnt get the impression it was a proper country

The bad part is, Captain Marvel's role in movie could easily be given to Thor with almost no change. Carol is simply a glorified bonus character.

Yeah, that's actually pretty true now that you mention it.

Thor severely lacked a character he can engage in conversation with but Thor in the films isn't exactly Thor anyways.

Attached: 9A3YsGF.jpg (563x895, 184K)

I found it both weird and funny that the last we see of her is her getting punched by Thanos with that purple stone. That was literally the last we see of CM. She's not seen for the rest of the movie.

>She's not seen for the rest of the movie.
She was at the funeral wasnt she? I thought I saw someone with a dyke haircut

They were basically desperately trying to convince Hemsworth to stay on by giving him a reason to not have to do the insane superhero workout and give him the comedy he enjoys doing so much.

It doesn't matter to him that he sucks at it, he far prefers getting to make jokes then do ripoff Shakesphere

she's at the funeral

If she did, then I must've missed it. I don't remember her there at all.

She was at the back in the black overcoat. It literally pans exclusively to her for like 3 seconds.

Israel? Pakistan? East timor?

Think of the tourism money it will bring in

Thor was great, calm down bro.

It was a better "unworthy" Thor arc than the one in comics, plus you know he's gonna be fit again for Ragnarok2 or GOTG3

But I do wish he reverted to IW Thor body by the time the trinity was fighting Thanos

Ruined by the retarded teeth

Half the planet had just died, they had room

She's next to Fury on the very back of the crowd

>they doubled down on that fucking annoying rock monster

Attached: 1550374043568.jpg (806x639, 35K)

Fuck you, he's great.

>It just seems like they catered to Hemsworth who wanted to play a happy-go-lucky dudebro having dudebro adventures.
This, he just totally fucking gave up on trying and just decided "lol I want to be the funny guy now, I like that!"

But user, he has an accent, that has to be hilarious right?

Thor is basically the equivalent of a golden retriever puppy in the MCU.

Hey mate, that's not a very nice thing to say.

>It was a better "unworthy" Thor arc than the one in comics
That's actually the thing that bottered me, they never say that he's unworthy. If they had a scene showing he can't lift Stormbreaker anymore when they go to recruit him it would make the moment with the hammer more impactful, and also clarify that Stormbreaker is also enchanted so Thanos grabbing it during the battle would be more of an "oh shit" moment. Also why even did Thor bring Mjoknir to the future? They didn't know there was going to be a battle. Did he just plan to steal it and everyone else had to convince him to send it back to the past at the end?

>In a movie that was meant to a desperate struggle to save trillions at any cost
That wasn't the whole movie though, for five years they had absolutely no hope whatsoever of reversing what was done. Especially hard on Thor.
>You should've gone for the head.
Thor needed a talk with his mom to get out the funk he was in, he was serious in the final phase of the movie.

Stormbreaker doesn't have the blessing in the MCU, we see Odin bless Mjolnir in Thor 1. Thanos would definitely not be worthy to wield Mjolnir but could freely use Stormbreaker.

Thor might actually be the most empathetic of all the MCU characters. He is a larger than life individual so its fitting that his emotions are also larger than life.

Storm breaker doesn't have a worthiness enchantment, plus it was self pity, that's the point, he felt useless and everyone else kept telling him he was needed, is teams of him becoming unworthy just because a villain whispered something that make him doubt

He brought the hammer to remind himself he was worthy, he was going to give it back eventually

I hope it becomes a running gag that Thor's character never stays consistent in any movie.

I read that in Korg's voice. Now I need a jackhammer

Kinda like that the one non-human of the og team was the most susceptible to human failings (sloth, gluttony, etc.) I can see why people dislike thors character arc when theyre expecting something more heroic and serious, but he got the most growth and the most intetesting growth imo. Now hulk got fucked proper.

I agree but I thought it was refreshing that they kind of played it straight
he could have gone back to normal with the hammer if they wanted to write it that way but he just kept on being Jeff Bridges while also being a super wizard

It's called subverted expectations.

Thor has watched his mom, dad, most of his best buds, and lil bro all fucking die--in that order-- with many Asgardians getting caught up as collateral. Not to mention Natalie Portman bailed on the MCU because she didn't get the director she wanted in Thor 3. Meanwhile Thor himself arrives nearly too late in IW after spending the entire movie making a new weapon and *he misses the kill shot with it.* And he's supposed to be the best and most worthy of Odin's sons? As a leader?

To make matters worse, instead of a big revenge ass-whooping, when they finally hunt down Thanos in EG, he's a smug "told you so" prick who can't even put up a fight nor does he care to because he won and destroyed any means to undo his actions. Thor killed him out of frustration more than anything else.

Now add five years to that.

Poor guy just ran out of fucks to give. He didn't get a chance to ever rule Asgard properly and his losses kept stacking up. I don't blame him that all he wanted to do after that was hang out with the only party hardy friends he had left and play video games.

At least the dude realized he was still worthy in spite of his mistakes, which was an important lesson to learn. Hopefully he can get his shit together while hanging out with the Guardians.

the problem is how his struggle end up being a roller coast.

the dude just can't catch a break. Captain America had to watch his friends grow old but Thor basically saw them getting murdered one by one because he failed to save them.

Fat Thor was the only good thing about that shitty film.

...yeah. Now that you mention it...

Thor's movie presence begins with him fighting the Frost giants and he (and subsequently Loki) fuck EVERYTHING up in the nine realms. He then spends two years rectifying that as well as the aftermath of Avengers 1. Gets a tiny break after Dark World making out with Jane Foster and sits out some of AoU doing some prophetic shit, but after that? His girlfriend dumps him for reasons never explained (in universe) and then it's all Ragnarok and life being turned upside down before Thanos rolls in.

Nearly all of the other Avengers at least had some downtime or something solid in their lives going for them.

>both hammers are now around
>there's the slimmest of chances that we get Beta Ray Bill
please

Cap took the first hammer back to the past.

>do i fit in yet?

Thats pretty fucking shit characterization. He loses and loses and loses, so he becomes just a loser. IMO, Thors scene in IW showed his true character, that he believes destiny is on his side, so he'll win no matter what. So when he lost at the end, I though we'd see a Thor who's shaken to his foundation, and see him built up from that. But we don't, he just stay broken.

the dude is really a giant ball of depression and PTSD after everything.

The drive to kill thanos kept him going and he collapse afterward.

Him leaving with the guardian is really more about need time to heal and not ready to be king.

DUDE AMERICA'S ASS XD QUIPS LMAO

they wrote an ending for Steve and Tony knowing the contract was up.

hemsworth was still interested, so they basically delayed his healing arc.

back to the cuckshed, Zack

Talking with Frigga and seeing he is still worthy of wielding Mjolnir, despite failing everyone, WAS his "healing arc."

Will it be in Thor 4 or GotG 3, you think?

Fuck mewmew, they got all the drama out of Can I lift It that's possible

I wish we got to see the results of that. How is Thor changed from his experience? He went from avoiding his troubles through pizza and vidya, to...avoiding his troubles through wacky space adventures with the guardians.

Speaking of mewmew, we need tiddy monster back in the MCU.

Attached: -1504123321.jpg (780x439, 34K)

>They put her in big sweaters for all of it
MCU doesnt fucking deserve her

It kind of hurts how OG Thor supporting cast are all gone

When the catharsis of Thor's entire character in Ragnarok was to act without Mjolnir, it makes that scene hit significantly weaker.

He's doing something productive with his time now, it isn't just wacky space adventures they're called the Guardians of the Galaxy for a reason. We see his viewpoints at the end of Endgame with his talk with Valkyrie, he isn't going to hide from who he is: a hero.

thor was still a mess. The entire group wouldn't trust him with the stark gaunlet.

really the next avenger storyline should be planned as Thor's storyline like how Thanos arc was Tony's storyline.

One of the big issue with the movie is how each of them try to have a character resolution, only to walk it back for the next one. This is most noticeable with IM 3 and Avenger 2.

Thor also have the addition issue where he get a power up each time only to get the power up marginalized next time.

This. They did seem to turn his drepression into a joke though

Maybe you're right. I'll wait to see whats next for him.

Although, I just thought off a different ending for Thor in Endgame. He has a funeral for his father, mother and brother at New Asgard. He finally accepts their deaths and is able to put it behind him.

Not too many folks are gonna make a fuss over literal gods

I think that they needed some comic relief aside from just making Ant Man is a Loser jokes and Thor was the only character they could do this with without just completely wrecking the film.

Cap, Hawkeye and Tony are right out, people would riot if Natasha or Okeye showed up all fat and tired, Nebula had a plot path, and Hulk and Rocket already do comedic stuff on the regular and the Hulk's now a nerd.

Thor dropping the pretence of being always serious and verbose and stoic has been done before and they just decided to hit the gas and ride the joke as hard as they could.

I am impressed they still somehow managed to put together an army at the end.

Shame they didn’t go with comic style broken man Thor from his unworthy days. He never got fat and instead just stopped wearing a shirt and grew his hair out and grew a beard

Thor wins every fight he's in, but he loses his family for every victory regardless. I can definitely see how crushing that'd be after years of this shit.

>Thor wins every fight he's in, but he loses his family for every victory regardless.

he didn't actually win against hela,
and that first round with thanos turn poorly.

>>undoing the snap doesn't bring back any of the support characters. only faceless asgardian.

>"You're not the god of hammers" was one of Thor's only memorable character arcs in these movies
>Immediately in the next two movies he's in his arc revolves around hammers

>and that first round with thanos turn poorly.
I mean, winning in a rematch is still a win.
>he didn't actually win against hela,
it's definitely the least victorious victory in his life, though he ultimately stopped her goals. But that's my point, he's depressed because he can't win even win he wins, so why would he bother

thor literally turned "losing his power and going through self-discovery to regain it" a hat trick.

And then Jason Aaron makes him an idiot now because of the MCU.

it factually happened because Hemsworth wanted to mess with Thor's characterization, that's the same reason why Thor Ragnarok turned out the way it did.

They did the same thing in IM3 with Tony's ptsd.

probably for the best thor was boring as fuck in the movies before ragnarok.

>people never gain weight when faced with the insurmountable weight of their actions and misdeeds
Haha, I know.................

Hemsworth did mention he was frustrated with how "stuffy" and resctrictive Thor was in his first two movies, Ragnarok was his opportunity to cut loose.

Hemsworth just got really fucking lazy and decided to start playing himself.

he was doing comedy shit since his solo movie, and even basic audiende noticed that
ragnarok killed his character, there was no need to make him that goofy

Closer to Norse Mythology honestly

>people can't comprehend tragicomedy
Is it a cultural thing? I didn't see a goofy memelord, but a sad miserable shell of a man.

To make Carol look better.

I'm just goddamn glad that he didn't hand over Stormbreaker to Valkyrie along with the rest of New Asgard.

I thought it was fairly realistic depiction of depression.

He lost his Hammer, his Father, his Brother, his homeland, nearly his whole people, Then he loses an eye, gets defeated by his sister, and only manages to barely escape. Then, when beginning to hope, loses again MORE of his people to Thanos.Then, he fails to kill him when he had the chance.Finally, when hope returns ONE final time, his foe bested him even before the fight began. All that remains is a broken man, who cannot fight, because in losing, he has assured his victory. Even killing him is hollow, without victory or triumph.

It broke him.

As someone who has had depression , I can sympathize. He's retreated to things that can give him comfort, gained weight and lost himself in indulgence and self pity, wallowing in shame and loss, which makes you even more depressed and willing to indulge.

Think about it. After he kills Thanos, that's it. There's no more to avenge, no more to fight, no more moments to keep him going moment to moment,ignoring the pain, ignoring the memories of loss. 5 years of nothing to do but wallow.

Yeah, I understood.

You expect Yea Forums invaders and some Yea Forums natives to have introspective knowledge about depression and psychology and not just resort to "QUIP LMAO" memes?

Thing is, most movies and show have a very shallow and hollywood-esque view of mental breakdowns and depression where its just temporary and they become their ordinary selves after a while, but both Tony and Thor kinda breaks the formula and their mental issues become a part of their character longer term than it usually does in mainstream movies and shows. In fact, Tony Starks development in the movies have been used in psychology text books as an example of realistic representation of PTSD and saviour complexes in academia.

Attached: 87hvm2hcl6e11.png (567x766, 481K)

I agree.
People expect Hollywood-style mental issues where it's 'snap' and you heal and get over mind crushing events.

Thor lost almost everything. His family, wealth, land, status, favored weapon, his land, most of his people, near goddamn everything.And he also blames himself for failing when it counted the most, not just once with his sister, but again with Thanos? And to top it off, when he does kill Thanos all he gets to fight is this broken down shell of a guy.

Yeah, people arent thinking about this right. Thor literally was depressed, and still likely is. The fact that he needed to talk to his mom was classic 'person in pain' moment. The fact that he managed to get a moment with his mother probably managed to give him the stregnth he needed, because, - symbolically- he got more time with his mother, one of the things he lost.

There's a lot of things people seem to be missing.Yes, people want Thor to be awesome, but even in the comics, Thor has gone through dark moments, and just drunk himself half into oblivion.

To me it wasn't about him getting his hammer, it was him confirming for himself that he wasn't completly wortless.

The dual wielding in the battle was cool though.

>This is most noticeable with IM 3 and Avenger 2.
how are their still people confused by IM3?

Infinity War was peak Thor, had the best balance of serious Thor and meme Thor. I don't at all get why Ragnarok is so loved.

The
>Its just his depression
defence would make more sense if he hadnt been annoyingly jokey in Ragnarok and Infinity war

>someone tries to make jokes every 2 minutes to hide his pain
Wow who would have thought

Attached: robin_williams.jpg (791x1068, 123K)

Damn, that would've been fucking sweet.

>HURR WHY ISN'T THOR STOIC AND BORING

Face it faggots. Nobody liked Thor before Ragnarok.

This. It was also to show that for the first time in his 1500 years of life he truly was defeated and lost everything, and did't know how to react.
Getting into a 5 years downer when you've been alive for centuries isn't a bad thing.

The thing I dislike is that the Russos hae taken away God of Thunder Thor. Why couldn't they just have him shoot lightnings withouth a hammer or axe? WHY RUSSOS, WHY
FUCK YOU

are you surprised? it's the mcu.

If they kept Thor as Thor they wouldn't need Captain Marvel to do stuff Thor normally does in it.

To be honest, I think fat Thor might be my favourite portrayal of him yet. He actually looked like a Norse god for once, and he perfectly balanced the comedy and dramatic weight.

But he can you retard, why does everyone think he can't shoot lightning when he was doing it in Ragnarok when the hammer was gone. He just like weapon combat since he has always done weapon combat.

I'd have liked if it was given to Hulk instead.

>he was doing it in Ragnarok
He was doing it ONLY in Ragnarock. He's never done it in IW or EG. that is the problem.

>Cap gets his scalemail as a call back
>Tony gets his original Red and Gld color scheme as a call back
>Thor becomes the equivalent of his nordic myth version as a call back
Huh

Oh shit, I was about to make a whiny remark but then I remember that half the Asgardians were wiped because of Ragnarok and then Thanos wipes another half out by hand and then another half with the snap. The ones wiped before the snap don't even come back so they are still just a quarter population.

Finally people with a brain. Fat Thor was absolute cringe.

Every instant he did lightning in IW and EG, that was him and not weapons. Strombreaker just works as a conduit for him to shoot it out. The lightning comes from him not Strombreaker.

>Every instant he did lightning in IW and EG, that was him and not weapons
Then why did he never shoot lightnings when he was not holding them?

For what reason would he need to shoot lightning at a time where he isn't holding a weapon. He didn't need to shoot lightning before he got stormbreaker and he always went into battle with a weapon. There is simply no point in any of the fights that Thor would need to shoot lightning without having one of the weapons in his hand.

You might say that the time when he lost Stormbreaker for a minute in EG would be that point but I counter with, Thanos fucking fucking flung that shit out of the way so while Thanos is holding his dualblades, there is no point at flinging lightning at him.

As was stated in the comics, "There is no Loki without Thor, no Thor without Loki." Without Loki around, Thor's MCU characterization sucks. Remove Loki and Asgard from Thor's environment, and why the fuck bother watching him on-screen? Hemsworth's hot, but clearly not as talented as Hopkins and Hiddleston.

>half the Asgardians were wiped because of Ragnarok
By the end of Ragnarok there were so few Asgardians left they could all fit into a single, not particularly large ship. All thinks considered there should only something like 50 Asgardians left.

I don't care what anyone says, full-bearded-hobo-Shaman-double-weapon-lightning-shaman Thor was the greatest thing ever.

you are reddit as fuck

No mate, worthy American chad Mjolnir wielding Captain America is the greatest thing ever.

based
cringe

What does that have to do with Thor, though?

From looking at all the angles including how crammed they looked at the end of Ragnarok, from the bodies littered on the floor in IW and the small village in EG. I think there might just be about 50 Asgardians left and when the second snap happens, brings it back up to like 75 or 100.

>For what reason would he need to shoot lightning at a time where he isn't holding a weapon.
gee, why would he do this thing that is useful when hes not holding a weapon? It is a mystery
when he was fighting thanos there were multiple moments where he was disarmed and thanos was holding him, and he could have called a lightning blast like he did against Hela, but didn't
>Thanos fucking fucking flung that shit out of the way
dumb excuse, Thanos was busy holding thor down the lightning would have hit him on his back. It wouldn't have put him down, but would have offered Thor the chance to get back on his feet.
Also both movies contradict one of the themes of ragnarock, that he's the god of thunder, he doesn't need a hammer.

He said the greatest thing ever was that but I corrected him because Captain America far out shined Thor God of Fat.

>gee, why would he do this thing that is useful when hes not holding a weapon? It is a mystery
Everytime it would be useful, he just happened to be holding a weapon. I don't see you complaining about Bucky not punching shit with his super arm instead of shooting and Falcon not actually using his missiles but only impaling shit.
>when he was fighting thanos there were multiple moments where he was disarmed and thanos was holding him, and he could have called a lightning blast like he did against Hela, but didn't
Cap did it and it didn't do shit. There is literally no point in using it after it failed three times already. Thanos is a fucking juggernaut and lightning was not going to help.
>dumb excuse, Thanos was busy holding thor down the lightning would have hit him on his back. It wouldn't have put him down, but would have offered Thor the chance to get back on his feet.
No it wouldn't, you have two likely outcomes for Thor calling forth on Thanos. He either using Thor or another person to deflect like he did with Tony or he deflects it himself with his blade.
>Also both movies contradict one of the themes of ragnarock, that he's the god of thunder, he doesn't need a hammer.
He doesn't need the hammer, the hammer just came him the self-assurance that he was still worthy. The axe gave him a much needed weapon, fighting Thanos with your bare hands would be retarded.

>Everytime it would be useful, he just happened to be holding a weapon
except for all the parts where he wasn't.
>Cap did it and it didn't do shit.
Cap did it after Thanos had almost killed thor. Thor had his chance before that. Also cap isn't the god of thunder. Also it's not true that it did nothing, because it managed to send thanos flying, which is all thor needed to get free instead of getting stabbed in the chest.
>No it wouldn't, you have two likely outcomes for Thor calling forth on Thanos. He either using Thor or another person to deflect like he did with Tony
now you're just making shit up. He was holding thor down, there was nobody else close. God of thunder thor can shoot lightning from his body and call down lightning to power himself up, nothing of what you said could have happened.

this thor makes for straight cringe on the screen. see: film 2, end of Ragnarok

comedy thor is new meta fuck off

Thor either shoots lightning from his body while Thanos is choking him like a bitch or Thor summoning lightning from above but Thanos either continues choking or throws Thor to take the lightning. Either way its really isn't going to do much. Did it upset you that Captain Marvel never just shoot overpowered beams from her fists?

*Sips* Yeah sure, zoomer

Attached: 1556402930478.jpg (529x585, 156K)

You didn't watch Ragnarok and IW then

>losing almost everything from your homeland and the chance of killing Thanos before he did the snap

Yup but certainly he can give the Stormbreaker to Beta Ray Bill

>One of the big issue with the movie is how each of them try to have a character resolution, only to walk it back for the next one. This is most noticeable with IM 3 and Avenger 2.
Because they gave them a new dilemna (Steve, Thor) or resurrected a past one (Tony, Bruce, Natasha)

Looks like it, probably the same people who expected 3 hours of battle scenes like the past film

They turned everyone and everything into a joke.

Fuck off, pleb.

dye her hair blonde and have her play amora the enchantress
hell they could even joke that thor knows a girl from earth who resembles her

Attached: amora-the-enchantress.jpg (1118x628, 107K)

HURR DURR FORTNITE AMIRITE?

What the fuck are wrong with the Russos? They did Cap and Thor so dirty with this shit,

Thor having a heart-to-heart with his mom was the one of the best scenes of the movie and I refuse to hear otherwise

>Imagine being Thor in that scene on New Asgard when suddently Wonder Woman from the DCEU shows up and having to be all like "damn, Gal Gadot, you're fuckin' fine, all sexy with your skeletal body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally make you my cocksleeve, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another Natalie Portman in his dressing room, balls deep in her, while his fake belly bounches on her ass. Like imagine having to be Thor and not only lay on that bed while Wonder Woman flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her ribcage and sunken eyes, and just sit there, take after take, beer after beer, while you had to suck face. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's PRETTY and "THANK YOU FOR THE CROSS-OVER" because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her Bony fucking Chitauri face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and soon to be alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Sydney. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively all over you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to lay there and revel in her "Hot (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Chris Hemsworth. You're not going to lose your future Movie career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

He couldnt even get a good fight out if Thanos. Killing 2018 Thanos felt more like a mercy killing or execution than a rematch

I mean he was going to kill Thanos, may as well have a backup considering the shit he had to go through the last time he needed to get a new weapon.

Thor has always wanted to be a chill space adventurer who gets drunk and slays monsters and fucks damsels rather than being a king. His arc is about learning to find balance in both his needs and his duty; he's responsible and mature now, to the point he can finally accept he'd be totally unhappy and not super effective as Asgard's king. But now his galavanting is him embracing his true destiny, rather than avoiding the one he thought was meant for him.

Anyone who says Ragnarok "saved" Thor did not care about Thor. If all it took to make Thor good to you was to have him cracking jokes and acting OOC for long periods of time, then you clearly were never invested in the character.

Honestly, this is such a meme.

not an argument faggot

A hero can be a king too. Abandoning your throne while you had a previous experience of learning to accept your responsibilities seem like a huge set back for no good reason.

Fortnite's cool tho

Its also responsible to accept that you arent going to a good king no matter how much mom and dad tell you you will be either, and put that responsibility it the hands of someone who can do the job.

If you are a manchild living off your parents, yeah it is cool

You're absolutely right that people didn't care about Thor before Ragnarok, because the first 2 Thor movies made him one of the most unremarkable characters in the MCU, and he was being completely propped up by his far more likable and interesting brother. As for Ragnarok turning him into a quip machine, pretty sure Whedon did that in The Avengers first. What Ragnarok did do was elevate him into his proper role as the strongest Avenger, and it made him into someone that was more than his daddy's hammer. He learned to be a proper leader to his people at the end of the film by making a decision none of them could have made. Then the Russos came in and destroyed all of this in the first 10 minutes of Infinity War.

Who say that she can be a better ruler than the person who spent his entire life learning how to become a king? Thor deciding to throw out his responsibilities at someone is immature and not a good arc for his character.

I expected that the Ant-man aging gag was foreshadowing to make Thor fit again by making him 5 years younger and was incredibly dissapointed it wasn't the case. Especially considering this is the fucking climax movie. I didn't want Thor to look like a biker dad next to Cap and Tony

I see where you're coming from but in the end, Fat Thor ended up looking pretty cool. So I can't get too upset.

>It just seems like they catered to Hemsworth who wanted to play a happy-go-lucky dudebro having dudebro adventures.
And bless him for that because Thor always had shades of dudebro in him. The first movie was about how being a bad dudebro took away his hammer.
He's a space god jock with a twink goth nerd brother.

>who spent his entire life learning how to become a king?
He spent most of his life partying and smashing Frost Giants around

I expected him to be slim too
viking thor is fucking cool though

>Fat Thor ended up looking pretty cool

maybe to you, chubby chaser

not that user, but his war-braid looked fucking rad wish he had the eyepatch with it

Why did Thor need to hitch a ride with the Guardians when he can summon the Bifrost through Stormbreaker?

he just wanted to spend time with rocket and groot

>Thor 1
Odin strips away his powers. For him to become worthy of Mjolnir, Thor needs to show he is capable of heroism/humility.

>Thor Dark World
I have no fucking clue. Something with his brother?

>Thor Ragnarok
For him to become a worthy King Thor needs to learn to trust in himself and his godly powers, and not in Mjolnir.

>Infinity War
Thor wants revenge, and so he sets out to get a weapon. He ultimately fails.

>Endgame
Despite his powers and his heroism, Thor still failed utterly. He didn't manage to be a good King for his people.
He gets revenge, but it's pointless.
The movie is about him at rock bottom, learning to be the best (hero) he can be, even if he can't be the best others expect of him.

Except Endgame showed none of that. It was mainly "HAHA THOR FAT!"

Look, prior Ragnarok, Thor was shown as a character who did not, under any circumstance, want to be king of Asgard. He wanted to go on adventures, he wanted to be a hero, he absolutely did not want to manage a realm.

Ragnarok forced him to take on the crown by virtue of there being no one else around to do it. He came into his god-powers, and he accepted his destiny to rule Asgard, but in doing so, destroyed the physical Asgard. It was something he HAD to do but it was absolutely all of his nightmares come true. And just like Jon Snow, shouldn't the destruction of Asgard kind of free him from his destiny? Shouldn't he be able to make his own fate?

Thus, at the end of Ragnarok, even though he was king he still wasn't really ready for it, because it was never his CHOICE to make.

It makes absolute sense that he would fall into his 5 year depression (a drop in the bucket in his 1500 year existence) because of not just Ragnarok, but Thanos killing a bunch of his people and then snapping the remaining half.

You all are upset Thor didn't kick ass and single-handedly save the day, but that would have been bad movie making and even worse character development. Thorbowski was another step on Thor's journey. It was a good step. Yes, it means he was underpowered for the final fight, but they still overcame.

And now Thor is finally, FINALLY free to make his own choices in his life. He is no longer bound by destiny. He can be whatever he wants.

Characters being able to struggle and then overcome is what makes a good story. It's why DC is having so much trouble making a compelling movie with Superman being on a team. It's why Carol had to only show up at the end and even then wasn't the one to finally save everyone.

People don't want one overpowered dude to save everyone else.

A good story features real struggle. A real hero that falls and then overcomes, because that struggle means that anyone can wear the mask. Even you.

Attached: thor_newavengers.jpg (1880x3016, 2.19M)

wrong.

What said, and he proved it by going into a depressed funk leaving it in her hands for five years and only coming in for beer runs. Thats not king material.

But "flanderization" is his character arc. His whole thing is arrogance and humility as someone who is just a dumb jock type. Ruling wasn't for him. Defending and saving the day is his thing. The only problem is that he just tells Valkyrie she's a leader when he had to lead her in Ragnarok. She displayed no leadership skills, nothing that let's us know she's even good at being a citizen. Unless I'm missing something, she doesn't even feel a strong sense of duty to Asgard, she just wanted to get even originally.

>one word reply
Reddit

>short greentext reply
Reddit

>showed none of that
>they totally didn't intentionally show Thor at "rock bottom"
I think you should watch the movie before trying to discuss it, maybe?

All of the Thor movies were about him growing up and becoming a proper leader. With Ragnarok being the final part of that growth and having him lose an eye like Odin. All of that growth was forgotten in IW with Thor defaulting to needing a hammer and becoming a total joke in Endgame

Even Hemsworth was trying to correct the Russos because he loved how Taika wrote Thor in Ragnarok.
He did what he could.

She was running things for those five years, obviously she changed and stopped drinking like a fish.

He didn't need it, he had his powers without it, unlike the first Thor movie.
He only wanted it to use as a weapon to increase his odds of mauling Thanos.
And his growth was personal, not becoming a proper leader but becoming a proper hero.
But none of it prepared him for his failure, and it still wasn't the road he wanted to follow. Only the path he was expected / had to take.

>becoming a proper leader
When did he ever "lead" anyone. It was about him maturing, not about him becoming king.

it was literally all about Thor becoming the proper king

But like he said, when did he actually lead outside a fight, or put those lessons into action? We didnt even see him handle things on the ship because Thanos dropped in during the midcredits.

It never increased his power. It was even shown to limit it. His arc as a hero was over in Thor 1 when he became worthy again. The whole "Asgard is a people" cemented his arc as a leader. He made a hard choice to destroy his home and save his people, like a leader

Clearly you misread it, that hasn't been a thing since Thor 1. They've never had a scene of Thor demonstrating any levels of leadership, he was most comfortable in Ragnarok playing the role of a hero.
>Because that's what heroes do.
He isn't meant to sit on a throne trying to work out the minutiae details of handling the Asgardians. He sat in a pool of self-pity for 5 years over what happened with Thanos and massive failure, while Valkyrie worked along side their people.

When he chose saving his people over beating the monster. He made a mature decision for his people

>limit it
Except in the first movie and second movies, where he is unaware of what he was capable of.
Until his arc in Ragnarok.

He used it as a crutch. That's still limiting himself

Are you dense or just pretending to be?
My point is his arc was overcoming that limitation.
He didn't go back for a new weapon because he needed it anymore (which he used to believe he did when it came to Mjolnir), he went back because he wanted a weapon. It's my entire fucking point.
How in the fucking hell does this in any way shape or form contradict what I have been saying for the past 3 posts

This. Thor learned that Asgard is the people, as in the place fucking sucks as it was founded on mass murder. He prepared him to lose his home making him the defacto leader, but the system that made him king in the first place, his father's legacy was put into question. He led them to Earth, got them blown up, made them a new home, let Valkyrie take over while he lives the party boy hero life.

The first thing he says on the Guardian's ship is "I need a hammer". His whole arc in IW is getting a new weapon. For a guy that doesn't need one he sure seems to think he still does.

I expected when Thor suited up with the lightning that it would burn his beer gut off.

He access to his powers, unlike the previous times he didn't have the hammer.
Get it now?
He has the fucking powers, it's how he even gets a new hammer.
He only fights better with a fucking hammer, you nitwit.

I don't care for the Russos handled Thor. Pretty much the only main character they flubbed on in my opinion. Taika should be the only director allowed to touch him outside of cameos going forward. Maybe Gunn depending on how much he is featured in Guardians 3.

Honestly, never liked Gunn's sense of humor and how he ruins scenes with predictable jokes. Taika was Gunn upgraded.

Would have been better for it too, god Captain Marvel sucks. i went inside a McDonalds today and they are handing out Carol Danvers happy meal toys, the kid next to me pulled it out and said 'Look, Avengers!'.

This should tell you all you need to know. The Avengers are just a kiddie thing Disney uses to sell toys at McDonalds. Can they sell millions of dollars of plastic Carols, ignoring how her character actually is in the movies? Yep. Will that toy revenue (and subsequent rides and other marketing shit) outweigh the fact that her movie wasn't that great and only made millions rather than billions? Yes, it absolutely will. A few hundred anons being pissed that she sucked balls on a mongolian throat singing forum won't change that.

>n a movie that was meant to a desperate struggle to save trillions at any cost
you missed the point

The statement is honest if less than two quadrillion people died, so if that were true whole universe is 4 quadrillion people which means Earth has 0.175% of the total population, which makes sense if 2 infinity stones have been on Earth for thousands of years, it's pretty important planet.

Bullshit. Partial bullshit.
I'm Aussie and yes, we fuckin hate our soaps, except for Alf from Home and Away.
But you tell me that Thor talking to Rocket in Infinity War (What else do I have to lose?) isn't the best acted scene in that whole movie.

Literally nobody on this earth with remotely enough money to influence film cares about Comics Thor. Nobody gives a fuck.

It’s him maturing but there’s a reason he refused to return in Dark World
Aside from Ragnarok, the core of most of the Thor movies is that Thor isn’t really the right guy to rule Asgard or Asgardians. And even in Ragnarok, that only really becomes part of his development near the end.
There’s a reason the first movie starts with what would be a major step towards becoming King and ends with him realizing it’s not really what he’s best fit for

You went from having a massive nation on a planet to a small fishing village.