Dungeons and Dragons Animated Series

Why the fuck aren't they doing a new DnD animated series? Any chances for one by 2020-2021 when the new DnD movie comes out from Paramount and Allspark Pictures?

Btw are the DnD comics good?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-movie-update-casting/
youtube.com/watch?v=HST2xot5cRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there has never and will never be something that uses the "Dungeons and Dragons IP" well
>Literally an ip thats designed for neckbeards to larp, no distinct characters or lore

Ok...

>Btw are the DnD comics good?
Yes

Attached: 1526632586732.png (500x438, 140K)

Old thread:
This is now a comfy DnD MTG Yea Forums thread.

>no adaptation of Fell's Five ever
>no continuation of Fell's Five ever
It ain't fair

What about the original DnD animated series?

>screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-movie-update-casting/
Thoughts?

>That Hashtag Show reports that Michael Gillio, who was brought in to rewrite Johnson's script, has turned in a new draft that has studio executives "absolutely buzzing." According to That Hashtag Show, McKay is no longer in line to direct and the film is currently without a director. While Paramount looks for a new director, the search has also begun for the movie's male lead. The studio is reportedly looking at a list that includes Will Smith, Josh Brolin, Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Matthew McConaughey, Jamie Foxx, Joel Edgerton, Dave Bautista, Jeremy Renner, and Johnny Depp.
Which one Yea Forums? Vin is a mt since he's a fan.

A lot of things about it felt weird to me, the most being that it was entirely about escaping a fantasy world even though D&D is designed to be escapist entertainment that immerses you in a fantasy world.

>comfy
Not if shitposting has anything to say about it!

Your the kind of dumbass that would die to a lotus eating machine rather than break free to live.

It was however not a bad isekai anime.

>On one hand
I would love a faithfull continuation of the original story that finally ends their journey
>On the other hand
We've had both NuSheRa and NewVoltron smear feces on the legacy and characters they touch and I would perform witchcraft to give the people behind said projects a death by tonail infection.

Post your favorite DnD monster Yea Forums

Attached: 1556204417102.jpg (636x589, 50K)

Anyone gonna get this? Thoughts? Alao,is MTG War for the Spark worth reading? Is it a good conclusion?

Attached: 1556181058057.jpg (1250x1593, 672K)

Voltron is good

So...this is a thing...thoughts? Who'll buy this?

Attached: IMG_20190427_223846.jpg (768x744, 148K)

this is wrong and right at the same time.
Cause, DnD is a game system first. so when saying, "use the Dnd Ip" what even do you mean?

theres a bunch of them. And some of those lores are very... goofy. Fearun is absolutely a bit of a mess, for a novel, movie, tv series etc. sure you could do it. but, the truth is, it has so much junk mashed into it, its it would be hard to makes something really coherent, without focusing on a vary small aspect.

You could easily make a cartoon out of the many already existing novels obviously.

or, Pathfinder is more coherent.

or... Ravenloft. which is the prime example of where "there has never and will never be something.." is 100% wrong.
Because Vampire hunter D, and Castlevania ARE Ravenloft stolen.

Attached: Ravenloft.jpg (1130x728, 89K)

He literally did nothing wrong

Attached: 35488a3d8524f95a00ebcf81e814bf05.jpg (1080x1350, 232K)

Not really

>... it would be hard to makes something really coherent, without focusing on a vary small aspect.

Just adapt Salvatore's Dark Elf saga. That alone should keep Hollywood busy for about twenty years or so.

They should reboot the 80s show

No,make a original dnd show instead

None of these "isekai" shows are about escaping, they're all about power fantasies. But here's a cartoon about escaping the power fantasy, based on a property that's specifically about indulging in power fantasies.

It started out pretty good, but I lost interest around the 3rd season, I didnt even get to see my favorite character Prince Lotor show up, because when he did I'd already lost interest. I tried to watch more but I just couldn't get through it. And of course later they made Shiro gay but I dont even care because it lost my interest long before that
I couldn't get through two episodes of nu she ra.

>here's a cartoon about escaping the power fantasy, based on a property that's specifically about indulging in power fantasies
Symbolically , that sounds very poetic

So you can complain that they ruined DnD?

>no distinct characters
Drizzt is extremely popular and relatively mainstream. Granted, he is a cancerous garbage whose author has two brain cells total and ignores canon whenever he feels like it, but he certainly is distinct with recognizable lore and characters that appeal to the 13 year olds so perfect age for a cartoon.

Why?

The Critical Role series is pretty much it, Wizards/Hasbro are lazy fucks who just rely on the Crit Role crew to do all their promotion and shit these days.

Yeah if you watch Matt's Fireside Chat's, you can tell he's not comfortable with his style being hoisted as "THE" way to play DnD, but Wizards unfotunately has them basically as the face of the brand. I love the show but it's not a good idea

Goblins.

Attached: 1450807172791.jpg (1253x776, 202K)

It's a fucking shame because every new player expects D&D to be played the exact same way CR is played. Really fucking annoying dealing with these assholes at the local gaming store I go to.

Attached: mikabonk2.gif (100x100, 24K)

desu I've been playing D&D for years, on and off since the 3.5E days and even I find myself falling into patterns, and I play in a 4E game. I think some of it is just because it is a legit good D&D campaign(s) and Matt does have a lot of good ideas that other GMs and players can learn from.

But I do get uncomfortable with CR being such a singular gateway into D&D sometimes(Especially as someone who plays an older, controversial ed) and how people view D&D as a "critical role thing" rather than vice versa. Nerds often make a lot of stuff cringy for me, though I'm not sure if that's just some internalised self loathing or what.

How many MTG cards or DnD miniatures does Yea Forums have? So,I want to buy some MTG cards. Which ones should I buy?

Attached: Magic-The-Gathering-2019-Challenger-Decks-via-Screen-Rant.jpg (1710x900, 231K)

4e is my favorite edition so I know where you're coming from. But still, CR is... Okay, it's not my thing but the people who do it enjoy it so whatever. But the people who get angry at others for not doing D&D the 'right' way are pretty surprising.
A hundred or so dollars worth of junk MTG cards. Not a dime on D&D monis and about 600 dollars and counting on 1 board game.

Attached: Monarch.gif (500x282, 1.51M)

>700$ spent on that
Wow,most of my MTG cards were free....because I stole them from stores,I have around 150 stolen MTG cards

Based

Did the TAS age well?

>600$
Why? I make those money in a month

They weren dat good man

Don't play D&D (No place or people) but I do watch CR and wondered about how people really played it. I assumed it's super mono-like and less funny in real life. When people DO try to mimic CR what exactly is happening?

Actually for all intents and purposes it was more comedic and non-intentsive before the stream started

youtube.com/watch?v=HST2xot5cRs

Oh you mean people mimicking it

Not sure, only ever played GURPs

I've seen the magic carpet clip but not these. Wow Travis was really smaller back then.

I love these monkey looking mother fuckers

Attached: barlgura.jpg (736x623, 61K)

So how bad will the possible MtG show be

I wouldn't mind it. Adapted with modern storytelling techniques, dealing with the notion of growing up and taking responsibilities, plus having kids who must try to use their smartness to resolve problems instead of being able to use brute force and inhuman superskills that is handwaved at being available to anyone is a good way to set up the feeling for the overall style of the game.
Because after all, you kinda need to be able to come up with clever solutions to be able to win the D&D game, and not just rely on sheer random die rolls.