DC has

DC has
>Vertigo
>Black Label
>Young Animal
>Jinxworld

Meanwhile Marvel publishes 0 comics with an M rating. Why is that?

Attached: doom_patrol_weight_of_the_worlds_cover.jpg (349x524, 78K)

Well, they had Max right?
Fury and Punisher Max was top notch.

Disney will never allow Ennis to write more Max books, alas.

Yeah and I miss books like that dearly. But MAX has been inactive ever since the Platoon ended.

Nigga at least every marvel character/comic has their fair share of brutal/mature moments

He wrote and released The Platoon last year and is already writing up a follow-up. He also wrote Fury: My War Gone By, probably his darkest MAX work next to The Slavers, well in to the Disney years.

>tfw new Miracleman never ever

I'll never understand why they even bothered to buy the rights in the first place

Attached: 514dwZNY9fL.jpg (325x500, 53K)

DC bought Promethea but I don't remember her being in anything.

>already writing up a follow-up

I remember he mentioned in an interview back in the day, but there hasn't been any news about it since. Also, Platoon was in 2017, not 2018 and it was delayed us fuck due to Millar snatching up Parlov for Starlight.

I hope Disney allow Fox to keep full autonomy because I'm kinda worried about their mature content.

They were hoping for it to be a second Watchmen but they completely bungled the release. The promise of Gaiman actually completing his run also fizzled out over a combination of contractual disputes and Gaiman and the artist being too busy with other projects to commit.

They already owned her. And she's just been in JLA, not that it even worth remembering.

Attached: RCO001CvAJLA.jpg (1041x1600, 159K)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that whole ABC/Wildstorm thing.
What's her new origins anyway?

>0 good books in 4 labels now that they cancelled Shade

Parlov is doing an arc with Daniel Way for Millar's Hit-Girl comic right now
ignore Orlando like everyone else does

M ratings are pointless, all they amount to are F bombs and the rare occasional pair of tits. In terms of gory violence and even fairly explict sex at times, "T rated" superhero comics are full of that shit.

Fuck this book and fuck Orlando

They probably won’t since they’ve already canceled shit like mouse guard because there too chicken shit to push new ips

Once Upon a Deadpool was a dry run of what to expect

Same as before, she was just summoned into the main DC Universe. The ABC Earth is still out there (beyong the local 52), the Terrifics visited it with Tom Strong.

Attached: DC-Comics_Gallery_20180822__TERRIFICS_7_5b732970cd28d0.59611535.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

Rebirth JLA was amazing. It had every opportunity to be great and it missed every single one and became one of the most dull books to come out of that era.

>Shade Good
>Doom Patrol Bad

Attached: a5MZ4DL_700b.jpg (326x294, 18K)

>Daniel Way
Now that's a name I hoped I never hear again.

The Pulse: “What inspired your upcoming Ant Man Marvel Max series?”

Daniel Way: “Axel asked me to write an Ant-Man Marvel Max series.”

The Pulse: “Hank Pym in the Ultimates universe seems a little ‘Max’ but the mainstream universe Hank Pym has never seemed that cutting edge or mature – at least before the Avengers 71 issue – so why was this Ant Man (as opposed to Scott Lange ) chosen for the Max series?”

Daniel Way: “I don’t know (just like I don’t know about this ‘Avengers 71 thing). Marvel sent me this big book of old Ant-Man stories and said ‘go.’ I flipped through it–sometimes he got really small, sometimes he got really big … I didn’t know what the fuck was going on. So I just read the first 6 or 8 pages of the first story, got it and went off.”

The Pulse: “What do you view as Hank’s greatest assets?”

Way: “Well … he can make himself really small. That’s what we call his ‘power’.”

The Pulse: “What do you view as his greatest weaknesses?”

Way: “Insecurity. Egomania. Totally gay outfit.”

The Pulse: “What are your goals with this series?”

Way: “Midget prostitute in a plush kangaroo costume.”

The Pulse: “What are some of the elements that will make this comic have to be for Mature readers?”

Way: “The butt-fucking, mostly.”

I'm very suprised the WB-execs even allowed Last Knight to be "Mature Readers" after Batdickgate.

Attached: STL117975_1024x1024.jpg (668x1023, 51K)

Yeah, I too loved a shittier version of Morrison's Doom Patrol.

Honestly, before the movie I held Ant-Man to the same stature as Way does here.

Reminder this was an interview for Marvel.com (although they censored the swearing)

>Tom Strong
>Dark Multiverse
How big is that place? Is it just like a Huuuge space where all DC Multiverses can converge?
Was it explained in that book? I didn’t read The Terrifics btw.

I held Ant-Man to the same stature as Way after the movie.

The Dark Multiverse is supposed to be the inverse of the regular Multiverse....so I guess the same infinite size?

Is there a Marvel equivalent to Wildstorm?

Is it an inverse of all DC Multiverses or the local one?

Malibu?
Their main Supes Expy was also a Shazam Expy.

I've never read anything he's written but I respect the heck out of him

Pretty sure the DM is made up of 52 universes as well. It was just starts from Earth -1 and ends at Earth -52 instead of 0 and 51.

they had unknown problems with the distribution
Both marvel and Gaiman said this year will be the year they start the publication again.
And i hope so because those reprints were great and i want to see what Gaiman had planned.

Uh then how is Tom Strong there?
I didn’t read the book but is he in the local Multiverse now?

Young Animal is rated M?

I was thinking about this earlier. DC is publishing a lot of great stuff, just not from their main line. Young Animal, Vertigo, Black Label, Wonder Comics, and the Hanna Barbera stuff is great. Didn't like Jinxworld much myself OP but at least it's not superheroes.

But in their main line what's a great book? Green Lantern and that's it.

What are some good noncape titles from DC?

I heard vertigo has really dropped and are milking the sandman universe.

Because Marvel is much more superhero-focused, while DC is a bigger publisher in terms of variety.

Vertigo is a shadow of its former self but Dreaming and Lucifer are good

>Saying this when Shade was also a shittier version of Milligan’s Shade.

This is true. Outside of Star Wars and Conan (which they only just got back. Barbarian is a great title I have to say), all Marvel does is capes. They did some one-shots this year for the 80th Anniversary that were non-cape and that was refreshing, even if only a couple were any good.

How many Shades are there?

They allowed a consistent amount of violence during the recent Deadpool runs

Ditko's, Milligan's.
Then John's featured shade in flashpoint I think.
Then young animal.

The current setup is that there are 52+ vibration based universes in the multiverse. How many there are is hard to say especially when the forger from the dark multiverse started hammering out new ones on his anvil.

Hypertime is “yeah if you can’t find the world it’s here.” It’s the continuity toy box and has everything from the pre crisis multiverse to the LEGO universe to All-Star Superman and DKR Batman.

The Dark Multiverse is where new vibration worlds are created. If they turn out wrong they get slotted into 1 to 52 negative universe slots for Barbatos to eat as a mercy kill.

That sounds pretty cool.

Is limbo still a universe?
I like when it gets a mention mainly Morrison.

Its where all the forgotten characters exist right?
Limbo and everything else in the Multiverse should be connected via hypertime.

Yeah that the one.

Cool.
I've never really been invested in the multiverse bur I do like 'elseworld' stories. All star superman for example is probably one of my favourites.

Most elseworlds stuff is okay to shit.
Some sticks out from the rest.

All Star Superman isn't really an elseworlds. It's basically Silver Age Superman. Elseworlds is stuff like Secret Identity or Red Son

Both are good but Red Son got shit on now by Yea Forums.