Were you satisfied with his death?

were you satisfied with his death?

Attached: 1532857458467.gif (280x304, 656K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J6v0cXj2gNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.
I wanted to see him suffer and panick when he realized it was over. Though I guess we can take solace in knowing both Wanda and Carol could've obliterated him if he weren't a cheating fuck

Yeah.
Actually, i'm satisfied with both of them

>thanos getting thanos'ed
Couldn't have done it better desu

Yes, but I wasn't satisfied with the way they wrote him in Endgame. He felt considerably more blatantly evil than the Thanos that so many people fell in love with in the first movie.

In the movie... Did the Fortnite devs put Thanos in the game like they did in real life? If so, that's fucked up.

Dissapointed that OG Thanos died like a bitch. He had character development with his regrets and living in the universe that he created. Would have been interesting to give him more time to reflect and think about how badly he fucked up and the real effects of his actions. But no, we just got mustache twirling version as the final bad guy.

How can this be considered a bad guy?

Attached: 1530412895579.webm (888x500, 2.93M)

he is a natural extension of his infinity war self i feel. infinity war thanos could've come to the same conclusion that endgame thanks did if he were given the same context as endgame thanos.

I wish he got all the infinity stones and went full force on the avengers. Instead he never reached full power, so I didn't get the climax I wanted.

This too. Seeing reality and time shifting mid fight would be cool.

No. I felt it was just shoe horned in to get catharses out of retard movie goers. I wanted him to either not die because it wouldn't solve anything, or die in a way that was completely unsatisfying for anyone because there was no point to it.

Attached: Thanos.jpg (1060x1600, 665K)

I mean they basically knew that you just can't beat Thanos with all the stones. All he would have to do is snap his fingers again.

he had to die sitting, there was no other way

Attached: qlrs6rj99h021.jpg (1920x800, 95K)

Epic Games confirmed to canonically be part of the "Thanos Did Nothing Wrong" movement

yah, but you could write something to make it so that he couldn't snap for some reason, or make it so that another snap would destroy too much and he would want to avoid that at all costs.

Why not just sent them back to the original timeline like the stones?

I thought it was good, fitting even

Was it really cheating against Carol? I mean, she knew he had the stones when she attacked.

>or die in a way that was completely unsatisfying for anyone because there was no point to it.
I mean, you just described his first death. Nobody got anything out of that one.

I wanted him to get depowered and fucking arrested by the NYPD. I wanted the Thanos trial to be all over the news during Spider-Man Far From Home, and for him to actually get off on some legal technicality and then fly off in the Thanos-copter to live in Missouri, while the whole MCU slides into full-on campy comedy mode.

Attached: You're going away for a long time Thanos!.jpg (400x349, 79K)

Fortnite and that little scene with Thor playng video games addressing "noobmaster69" made me roll my eyes out my fucking head.

Considerably worse than the girl power scene.

>The whole movie is a courtroom drama over whether or not Thanos was right.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Why are you using spoilers in the thread? I mean, MCU literally has nothing new to offer. I haven't seen a movie but I know ALL possible trops and plot devices they can use. Are you all foced by the mouse or something?

Not sure which was worse for me, but those were definitely the two lowest points.

Why does this guy like sitting so much
He sits at work, he sits when he talks, he sits when he wins, he sits when he loses

Attached: doesn't-like-standing-up.png (580x568, 349K)

You sound basic as fuck.

Hard disagree. The fortnite scene was funny because it showed what a normie Thor had become in his depressed, bereft state. Literally doing the Thor equivalent of the "What the fuck did you just say about me you little bitch" copypasta to some kid in a video game.

The only reason people dislike that scene is because "lol dae fortnite bad??"

fucking boomer

The movie hasn't been out for that long yet. The sticky is still on the frontpage, and posts that have spoilers without spoiler tags have gotten deleted multiple times in the past few days.

I noticed that too. Reminded me of Couchseid.

Have sex. Nobody gave a fuck in Ultron when they had all the guys team up for the power beam attack, but all the girls team up for a 1 minute scene and you go fucking crazy

To be fair, Carol was also cheating. She basically has the power of one of the stones, so if Thanos uses a 'stronger' stone to actually balance the fight, it's not cheating.

Sticky, Global Rule 4, get fucked

I don't get it, why typical capeshit has special treatment all over the internet? I can get why normiebook and plebbit can suck mousecock, but Yea Forums? What the fuck?

two guys and a robot? of which two of those guys are the biggest guns of the Avengers?

The girl power scene consisted of Shuri, Rescue, Okoye, Mantis???, and a bunch of other random extras. It doesn't even make sense, they were going to help Captain Marvel? Literally only Wanda helped her.

Anyone got a link?

It felt a little gratuitous, or rather too on the nose? Just suddenly all the females even the muggle ones decide to team up. Whereas beam combo is just basic action fluff—characters with energy attacks attack together, why not, it's not a "male empowerment" moment.

But don't get me wrong I had really did not care and wasn't offended or anything while watching it I actually kind of digged it, just corny superhero fun.

Contrary to the "hurrr muh secret club Yea Forums" mentality you and other children tend to have, the board mods actually want people to enjoy discussion on the boards. Promoting use of spoiler tags around majorly popular releases is conducive to this goal.

I guarantee I get more than you.

Attached: 35484792305.gif (268x270, 3.23M)

>unironically thinks capeshit can be discussed and "spoiled"
>calls other people children
Absolute state of mouseshills.

Spoiler tag the OP, but the discussion in the thread shouldn't all be big black boxes. I mean if you go into a thread like this you should know what you're getting into. The way I got spoiled about the Mjolnir stuff was from an OP.

I'm genuinely disappointed that Thanos died at all. It would have been much better to have him see his empire crumble to literal ash, and live out his seemingly eternal life with the inescapable weight of his failure.

What was upsetting about the Fortnite scene? The point was that Thor had sunk to the rock bottom, and the scene showed it well.
I didn't even realize it was Fortnite because I don't play it and didn't recognise it. Would you have preferred some other game, like maybe CSGO or DotA? Or if the product-placement bothered you, maybe a nonexistent game made up for the movie?

Thanos would start from scratch before giving up and considering himself a failure. The universe isn't safe with an alive Thanos until he achieves his goal.

Here's you you

Nah. Spoiler any text that relates to the content. Anything else is a pointless half-measure.

I kind of like it. It's like he died without really losing. He got the most op superheroes going at him full force and still decked them all both outfighting and outsmarting them.
Tossing out the power stone to kick carol back to infinity and beyond was one of the most perfect examples.

Having him die like a bitch or regretting shit would not make sense anyway. Him sitting there while considering he's fucked up at the very last second is more fitting.

Well one, definitely the product placement being annoying. But two, Thor being the most stereotypical gamer of all time. In one scene he talked about shoving dicks up someone's ass, getting mad on some sort of weird rock headset, and it just generally being over the top with the message. You can totally have him playing games with the rock guy, just don't make it so overbearing.

Thor having gamer rage is too perfect though

Attached: flips-table-in-dutch.webm (700x298, 925K)

I didn't care really, not about him or Tony's death. Which I kind of felt weird about especially considering how excited about this movie I was a year ago. I guess I'm pretty burnt out or something, not sure.

I honestly thought he was pretty self-righteous in Infinity Wars and even with his so called good intentions and his forgiving nature he had a streak of sadism. This is the guy who took in a girl as his daughter and physically tortured her for funsies and because he found her worthless. Also no matter how much he loved Gamora he emotionally tortured her, especially when when he grabbed her and dared Peter Quill to shoot her or when he tortured Nebula in front of her to get her to give Thanos the location of the soul stone.

Even comic Thanos as written by Starlin wasn't much for torture unless he felt he was greatly offended (which Nebula does in the comics, offend him by saying they are related and with the intention of stealing his ship which is why Thanos fries her and tortures her but he never took her in as his daughter those comics) and he hated seeing Gamora upset to the point he let her win a fight against him with the intention of cheering her up (and this was the death obsessed genocidal lunatic).

He truly was based on Metron.

I'm just sad that I won't get the MCU version of purple man and gold man friendship.

It was fine. I sorta get why they had to change him. It makes sense. He's just more evil in this incarnation even if it's technically the same character. I like that he accepted his destiny of dying to Thor . I sorta feel sorry for him even at the end.

he died without fulfilling his goal while watching everything he worked for being turned to ashes
yes, I AM!

capeshit can be discussed and spoiled like fantasy-shit, scifi-shit, Drama-shit, comedy-shit, romance-shit, cartoon-shit, anime-shit, anythingthatIdontlikeandItrytolooklikeIamwokeasfuck-shit etc

>needs to be changed so that you won't feel bad about wanting him dead
Thanos did nothing wrong half the universe wasn't fucking enough.

>Thanos did nothing wrong half the universe wasn't fucking enough.
I mean, that was his conclusion by the end of the movie. He'd need to start again from scratch. Some people might say that makes him too evil or something, but I like it. The Russos gave us all the key things I wanted from the story: Farmer Thanos, pilgrim Thanos, Thanos the warlord, and then a glimpse of would-be cosmic rewriter Thanos, ready to remake existence in his own image as a god.

As if he’s not going to come back 1 or 2 villains from now, and be forced into a team up with the avengers to stop a much bigger foe....

And the dump trucks of money (and trades for pet project directing jobs) will have shown up at Robert Downey Junior and Chris Evan’s houses, and there will be an even bigger shit show one or two phases from now LOL

> CORVUS SAAVVE ME FIRE THE MISSILES SO I CAN RUN AWAY LIKE A COWARD!!

I wish they would have turned him into a statue like in the comics, that was fucking awesome.

It should have been Nebula.

You say that like Marvel needed any help at all in that scene you faggot

To me, just felt like the facade wore off, he was always crazy, his plan was always crazy, but when the time came, you saw his true colors

>107229271
>Literally smashes through the massive battleship
>Can't smash through a couple dozen alien thugs unless the girls watch her back
Fuck (You)

{spoiler}got the tags wrong you fucking cunt{/spoiler}

Irony?

it's like how when women live together their periods sync up, grouping together gave Captain Marlel a power boost

(spoiler)you decide(/spoiler)

But the thing is she didn't need one.
The whole scene feels of not because the women group up, but because their reason for grouping up wasn't needed.

>Fortnite and that little scene with Thor playng video games addressing "noobmaster69" made me roll my eyes out my fucking head.
Can someone post the dialogue of this scene so I can shout it at people in Call of Duty?

I don't get why they didn't just kill Thanos?

>She basically has the power of one of the stones
Carol or Wanda?

carol, that's why I said 'carol' you stupid cunt

Yeah, it was well handled. Both times.

okay you faggot but wanda the one who got powers due to loki's scepter? That's why she could destroy Vision's mind stone. Carol got her powers due to Kree engineered engine and Kree fuckery on their planet.

I disliked the scene because it was a Sony and Fortnite advertisement based 5 years after Fortnite would be relevant, especially with half of all life wiped out.

actually the half of life that were wiped out were the half that would have developed better games than fortnite, so the videogame industry got stuck in a rut

they all had good showing scenes before and after... which in turn made it both less worse because they were already shown capable AND pointless at the same time because... they were already shown capable.

So I'm going to take it as them being naturally attracted by Peter because Bitches Love Spider-man
(it makes much more sense)

user Thor is kind of a moron remember, him being fan of fortnite in his depressed sorry state was actually kind of an insult to fortnite players even if they didn’t see it that way

He tasted exactly the same despair he wanted to bring to the world
It was good

the only way this ending could have been better was him turning into a statue and the post-credit being the Magus reveal, parallel to his own reveal at the end of Avengers 1

Cap lifting Mjolnir almost got me to break out the onions. The girl power scene was cringe as fuck though. I’m glad Sam got the shield and Cap got to stay back in time. They will also de-age him with the machine if they ever renew his contract

and blame any difference as glitches of the system.

Was he even a fan? He just was defending Korg

Why isn't this user writing the movie? This is perfect

I cried at the end before the credits

Yeah but if you add her strong feminine desire of proving men wrong and you got a weapon to surpass metal gear

How did the professor lose his status of "strongest there is"? I mean besides Grrrrrrrrrrrrl stuff. Was there any reason he jobbed so hard?

>He felt considerably more blatantly evil than the Thanos that so many people fell in love with in the first movie.
I thought it was great. He saw the future. He saw that he would succeed in his plan and that it wouldnt matter. ihe doesnt know that this is the 1 in 14 million chance the avengers have of undoing it. he thinks his original plan doesnt go are enough. he has to become god and create a new world. it feels like the thanos of IW but under the impression that it is he who is the one that cannot win unless he goes all the way with it.

actually, thinking about that, wouldn't Nebula's memories contain Strange saying that sort of crap? Maybe he brushed it off as having been disproven due to the later snap, sure, but I think he would have noticed Strange's odd behavior later.

I wouldn't say he was more evil, but the character development he gets is different specifically because of the time travel shit.
There are three major components to Thanos as a character:
>his altruism (a desire to help the universe),
>his trauma (from losing his planet)
>and his ego (in believing his solution alone is the only way to save the universe
In the beginning of Endgame, we see that he's still primarily altruistic like he was at the end of IW.
He even has some kind words for Nebula, whom he still considers to be his daughter despite betraying him and fighting him. He seems to be tempted to use the stones himself to bring everyone back (which is why he destroys them). He's very much the same way we remember Thanos because he's been through some shit that made him take account of the people in his life and his mission. His most dominant traits at this point are his altruism
However, When we go back in time, we go to a time when he was still mostly just culling planets by hand. His personality traits are still sort of balanced in terms of which ones are most prominent. When he sees that he fulfills his destiny, his ego gets a massive fluffing. When he sees himself get killed by Earthlings (who are likely the first people to repel one of his invasions) his ego is bruised and so he sets out to rectify this ego damage by getting revenge for his future self despite his future self clearly being okay with dying
tl;dr Past Thanos is less mature and tempered than IW Thanos, so he's more destructive

>Matt Murdock. You've been selected to defend Thanos of Titan in Trial

No, but he's less violent now so all his power isn't used nearly as much. He also was still the strongest since he was the only one to survive using the stones
No, Strange says that before Nebula arrives on Titan

As a credit to the brilliant writing, Nebula didn't show up on Titan until after Dr. Strange said that.

id like to see ebony maw saying "thanos... and then getting dusted and then thanos looks around in a panic at tony and then he himself is getting dusted, like pic related.

tldr replace bucky with maw and cap with thanos but thanos gets dusted too

Attached: bucky-death-avengers-infinity-war-1599728.jpg (590x350, 56K)

Thor got upgraded to strongest Avenger in Ragnarok and IW. Then Captain Marvel came.

would be based tbqh

>all the guys team up for the power beam attack

Except Cap. And Hawkeye. Considering Vision's a robot, that's just 50% there. Wanna count Fury on the Helicarrier? Ok. Down to 40%. Or Hulk, since his punch came after. 33% now. Or Quicksilver, 'cause he's dead. 25%.

>Was there any reason he jobbed so hard?
He spent most of the final battle crippled by unsnapping the entire universe

Why are you associating Hulk being merged with female characters?

Hail Hydra

>mfw Thanos is revived in a later installment by Lady Death and seeks the stones again to impress her

Attached: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.png (556x600, 351K)

>that image

i teared up a little bit when ned and peter reunited tbqh

>you go fucking crazy
You're reaching. Like you want it to be a controversy.

Same, my dude

post yfw the rat was actually loki

Attached: confused eagle.gif (300x240, 1.36M)

She got her power from the tesseract.

no, his ego isn't hurt by learning he dies. He's perfectly fine with that, because he died after saving the universe.
He gets angry and more destructive only because he saw he SAVED THE UNIVERSE and then there are some fuckers who are trying to undo everything he did, everything he sacrificed. As he said, it has never been anything personal, he was just trying to do the right thing for the greater good

Thanos becoming Eternity's hooded spokeperson to the new Champion of Life, Adam Warlock, to instruct him about Death's Champion, The Magus

It wouldn't take much, given Adam has canonically massive suicide tendencies, to make his corruption to Magus also having him switch side.

Is that why 2014 Thanos is seemingly more powerful than IW Thanos?

yeah, he's angry this time around.

>5 year passes and Ned still didn't finish school
>they'll defend this by saying Peter and his friends were wiped 100%
>not 50%

in infinity war he was also grief stricken as fuck.

How would 2014 Thanos know about the sacrifices he had to make in IW, specifically his sacrifice of Gamora? Did get get that information by probing Nebula?

He wasn't holding back

Sad != Angry

because he already sacrificed a lot back then.
And by downloading Nebula's memories he must have learned of what else he'd sacrifice in the future for that

youtube.com/watch?v=J6v0cXj2gNQ

Yudi bless the Chinese and their eyecancer. Enjoy!

This
He basically now had such personal spite for what he perceived to be ingrates that he was fine with tearing everything down
>Fine, you don't want my solution? I didn't wnat you to have it anyways! And fuck your whole universe, I'll make a cooler one that appreciates my genius

>with hookers and blackjack!

>implying Ned didn't get dusted during the snap

Attached: 38c.jpg (531x374, 34K)

thanks m8!

They could've had all the Avengers keep him from snapping his fingers and annoying him to the point that he decides to kill them first.

Honestly Thanos in this entire movie showed that his “savior” mindset was entirely bullshit. Once he learns that people don’t want what he did instead of thinking maybe he was wrong he just doubles down on it.
Really takes the wind out of those “Why didn’t Thanos do X” questions. If even after learning people didn’t want what he did he still was dead set on his plan then there was no way in hell he wasn’t gonna do it in Infinity War where he thought people would be grateful.

That's basically what happened though. He didn't lose in strength, he just got outsmarted by the smartest man in the world.

In the comics he was dead between 1977 and 1990. Who knows what they might do in the future.