He's right you know

nationalreview.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-review-nostalgia-arrested-adolescents/

He's right you know

>Infantilization is the MCU game plan. A serious publication is obligated to point out similarity to the free-college, no-student-loans, socialized-medicine political promises that stoke immaturity.

>Also note howEndgame secularizes religious allegories. The end-times premise is hollow, just an excuse for the usual sci-fi, CGI destruction. Even Thor’s junked-up Norse myth and Black Panther’s purely cosmetic Afrocentricity join the trend of ignoring spiritual faith and trivializing national heritage.

Attached: quote-the-corniest-movie-ever-made-about-the-white-man-s-need-to-lose-his-identity-and-assuage-armon (850x400, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7OHF2gKUOwo
google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Infantilization is the MCU game plan

i've seen the superfans of these movies and their plan succeeded

Disney, and other corporate entities striving towards cultural monopolization wish to extend the period of adolescence as long as possible so they can extend the period of peak consumerism as long as possible. They want to sell you toys and media from birth til death

Bump, face the truth

Based negro btfo of capeshitters

How does one join Counter Culture? I’m so tired of people enjoying the same things that I like, they keep stealing away my individuality and it’s not fair! I like these movies, but they are too popular and I don’t want to be part of the crowd, so how do I join? Do I just scream about how Disney is ruining everything and how Marvel sucks while I cry salty tears over the corpse of Heckboy? Help me Yea Forums, I want to stay unique

Attached: image.jpg (298x324, 86K)

If you actually have good taste you won't have to try because the npcs won't even know about the things you like

>I like these movies,
haha, fag

>free health care bad
>muh religion
lol

>How does one join Counter Culture?

be a straight white man that enjoys the status quo.

>paying $300 billion for smoking related illness and $147 billion for obesity related illness every single year

Lmao dude just pay for my retarded life choices

Attached: 1555979524977.png (600x462, 563K)

>free health care bad
Thank you for agree

Looks like you think grammar bad too.

Based honorary white

Attached: 1546898038116.jpg (500x466, 63K)

why do people not realize that he's doing the same sthick as the fake reviewer from The Onion

Thank you for agreeing*. Happy?

>lMAO JUST DON'T GET SICK

Lets just ignore how fucking inflated hospital bills are. An EMT could cost people a paycheck, an Advil is 50 bucks. Which only led to a culture of people not going to the hospital to avoid the cost, working through the sickness causing other to get sick as a result.

Pff. You merely adopted manchildism. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't put benis in vagina until I was already a 30-year old man.

Attached: hjkhjkhjg.jpg (494x314, 32K)

maybe you should pray about it and see if it stops you mentally ill cunt

The last critic standing.

Admins White is usually right about movies. Shame that he's mostly wrong about politics, though.

old out of touch hack is out of touch

this man is tulpa created by al contrarism of Yea Forums & Yea Forums

Imagine getting your movie reviews from a ni

Hey, I only trust my reviews from this guy called Candlejack, cause you see I

>The directors Anthony and Joe Russo do routine CGI action, but they don’t know how to supply meaning to any of the goings-on, and that’s the major difference between MCU and the D.C. Comics Universe, which advanced from Christopher Nolan’s nihilism to Zack Snyder’s visual richness and emotional depth. Snyder’s Watchmen was the first comic-book movie to deal with mature themes and play out a credible moral dilemma. Going deeper with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Snyder’s art angered the kiddies. MCU fans don’t know what great filmmaking is. They defer to their post–Star Wars indoctrination.

Attached: 1535875367814.gif (245x260, 1.46M)

He's just mad because he lost.

Attached: 1556304394208.jpg (850x400, 82K)

And yet marketing does everything they can to convince you to make those bad choices, going so far as to deny they're even bad choices

>Giving up your wizard powers as soon as you get them

Attached: 1503440061934.jpg (502x323, 49K)

>lmao dude I NEED to smoke and eat cheeseburgers, it's healthy bodies that are wrong

Attached: 1556063686526.png (800x821, 682K)

Yes, blatantly retarded isn't it?

Based, nice

>muh iron man movies

Attached: 1555491492695.png (380x467, 26K)

Hipsters like you should neck themselves ASAP
youtube.com/watch?v=7OHF2gKUOwo

He's not wrong. The movie was shit

Lmao, Armond is absolutely based.

He is 100% right.

>lmao dude why are you pursuing your unique specific interests, Disney already makes all the media you need

Attached: 1550171332260.jpg (460x276, 20K)

>people are unironically agreeing with armond white, the most contrarian niglet alive
why do i still browse this board

Attached: ahoy.jpg (750x692, 119K)

I've lived long enough to witness /pol/ venerate a coal-burning gay man simply because he aped their rhetoric.
Yea Forums's current infatuation is the red-headed Queen of the Me(too).

Attached: 1384395184693.png (505x477, 270K)

Attached: ef8.jpg (200x184, 8K)

Who is this faggot?

>Being dumb enough not to recognize Yea Forums crossboard posters

Why does healthcare have to be about cheeseburgers and poor life choices for you?

He's right

>dude lmao, the healthcare system being completely clogged with willfully chosen health problems before they can even begin focusing on real health problems isn't a problem

Attached: 1555189073665.gif (222x400, 2.93M)

See I don't have this issue with SMT, all eyes are on Persona. So me and my fellow devil summoners are good to go.

Attached: images.jpg (160x160, 5K)

I almost died today because I was shit posting on my phone while driving

That's a societal problem, not the problem with healthcare. Just make obese people pay a little bit more, but don't take that out on other sick people.

Movie becomes really popular, franchis eis succesful, people bitch at it, news at 11.

And I am saying this as someone who didn't give much of a shit about Endgame.

Get into 40K, normies can't fucking get into that shit and no matter how normie appealing Games Workshop tries to make it it will NEVER work.

Take that bullshit back to Yea Forums.

Yeah, like Transformers

how come Yea Forums hates when critics shoehorn politics in their reviews but when this guy does it it's fine

For a movie that is going to get 98% positive reviews, being SO BRAVE to give it a negative review is a guarantee of free clicks and free ad $$$.

He's in an extremely unqiue position to be an ultra contrarian on so many levels, it's fucking inspiring

Contrarians are trolls who make a big show of rejecting popular opinion as a way of getting a rise out of people.
Armond White is a cultist; he believes every word he says is truth.

It's also just cheap trash to anyone with good taste, warranting a negative review

Yeah, he's right and you're wrong.

Nobody is ever involved in an accident, contracts a contagious disease or suffers the effects of old age, it's all just lifestyle choices that let me justify my douchebaggery.

Attached: She died for what she believed in.png (1173x705, 403K)

>Going deeper with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Snyder’s art angered the kiddies.

Is Armond right?

Lmao didn't Armond give JUSTice League a good review just because Snyder's name was attached

>got H1N1 from doing a moving job with someone who worked on a pig farm
>despite having free healthcare never went to the doctor
>sucked shit for two weeks but came out fine
Bitch wasn't /fit/ for survival

You dont live in one of the free health care countried right?
I would rather live in a country without it if that meant lower taxes and not having to deal with foreigners coming to the country solely to get surgeries and other procedures

The point is that taxpayer money should only go to things like accidents and new diseases, but it is instead choked near to death caring for peoples intentional bad choices

Enjoy watching watching your wife get raped by brown men in whatever Scandinavian hellhole you come from.

You don't have to join a counter-cultural "scene" to enjoy different things.
Personally, I don't see it as conducive to rail against capeshit, With all the cool shit being released internationally there's no time to bitch about how lame mainstream American media is.

Considering Marvelfags act like drooling retards who can only call you a "contrarian" when you criticize their bland movies, I'd say he's right.

So does Armond White do this because he legit thinks this or does he do this for rage clicks?

He's a gay black conservative, who the fuck knows at this point

You join it by actually having opinions contrary to popular ones formed by your own experiences and what you like. Turning that into its own culture is just going from one crowd to another: ultimately pointless if your goal is to stand apart. Everyone is going to be influenced by other peoples' opinions in some way, just don't be a faggot who thinks that liking the same things as another person makes you "inferior" or "superior" to other groups of people. It's fucking movies, not politics or anything that actually matters, regardless of what journalists or die-hard fans say. The former is paid to create that mindset, the latter is in the same group of feeling "superior" because they like something the same as others. You don't lose your individuality through enjoyment of media so long as you don't blindly hate or enjoy it for the culture around it and just enjoy the media.

Attached: 1556226318018.jpg (582x937, 109K)

Both. He got legitimately pissed off at that... one guy, whose name I forget. Pissed off enough to disrupt some critic awards night and get him banned for a year or something.

lol @ rage sameposting

They're probably his genuine opinions, just expressed in a way so that they garner as much attention as possible. He's built an entire reputation and career out of it so there's nowhere to go except continue it; he's got bills to pay after all.

Agreee with him apart from the politics that wasn’t necessary

It’s true they are b action movies and marvel kiddies are delusional to think otherwise

A professional critic who didn’t like a overhyped overly long children’s movie

It did they wanted the movies to be silly and safe and the director didn’t wanna make something just to sell toys and merchandise

Anyone got the ruffling Rian Johnson affair? I wouldn't mind a laugh.

Based

He says without a hint of irony on Yea Forums

Armond is ALWAYS right, moron.

>How does one join Counter Culture?
See that thing most people like?
You hate it more than anything else now. It is worse than Hitler, who might I add wasn't anywhere near as bad as everyone says. Also, everyone else is brain dead sheep who only like something because everyone else does. You are cool and the only reason women don't like you is because they are also stupid and need you to show them how they are wrong,, but it's not like doing so is worth your time.

Now you are ready to join.

>Turning that into its own culture is just going from one crowd to another: ultimately pointless if your goal is to stand apart.
Welcome to Yea Forums. You must be new here.

Just find things that go against the norm. Avoid heavy commercial and family friendly fare. Don't go on the internet looking for approval. Don't look to the material that you consume to make you more complete. Hope to whoever you pray to modern Hollywood doesn't ever lay it's greedy hands on it.

>Also note howEndgame secularizes religious allegories
Wait wait

What?

be a DC fan

It's pretty clear

It's weird when the only comparisons Armond ever makes is between DC movies and Marvel movies when he should be comparing MCU movies to the best movies about superheroics which he never does.

I could take him more seriously if he didn't appease people looking for surface level company wars rhetoric.

He is 100% correct.

I absolutely agree with Armond even though Infinity War was in my top 10 movies of 2018

Attached: 2018.jpg (1310x855, 910K)

Manchild. How many video game posters do you own?

imagine being so cucked that you unironically believe that becoming a debt slave and worshipping a middle eastern dead guy are good things

We don't all have parent's houses and autism bucks to live off of like you

Hitler actually wasn't as bad as everyone says

Attached: 1501708556193.jpg (615x837, 94K)

>I eat this green shit over the brown shit

Attached: Fred_cringe.png (201x207, 68K)

And he's right

I... fuck... I agree.

Depends on which threads you go to.
Get rid of capes and, well, cartoons, and the board's quality immediately goes way up.

>SMT BAD
>CRINGE POSTER JUST MAD

he's not wrong, Endgame was the 1st time I ever saw a cape in theaters and didnt just torrent it amd that was because I friend covered for me, the average goer was either 100lbs over weight, some ultra twink geek, or a boomer who's bringing their kids. Also since i live near blacks, there where the black variants of those too, except the boomer was a single mother... Hearing them laugh at all the shitty jokes, or try to start a wave of applause at any minor scene made me hate going to the movie...

It's amazing how sad and desperate you DC retards have gotten

You lost. Badly. Get over it. Go watch your garbage tv shows on CW or your dead streaming service and leave everyone else alone. Or find out what a bullet fired from a gun tastes like. Either one will improve everyone's lives greatly

Attached: DC could never.png (290x464, 11K)

>the free-college, no-student-loans, socialized-medicine political promises that stoke immaturity.
>we oversaturated the market with college degrees without adjusting the price to account for their lowered value, stop being so entitled

At a certain point you have to start taking accountability for your bad choices.

>The cultural monopoly represented by the Marvel Cinematic Universe in its latest release, Avengers: Endgame, depends on geeked-up viewers telling themselves that they are having a major cultural experience.
hes not wrong. the moment disney got a hold of star wars, the annual celebration became about emphasizing the cultural importance of it, obviously there was always an element of that in the past, but now its clear how hard theyre trying to embed it into our lives and the general cultural landscape.

I feel like there really used to be an element of irony when people claimed that these things were there childhood, but now it's so firmly a part of these people's identity that I doubt they even remember their own personal experiences in childhood

>Get rid of capes and, well, cartoons, and the
Would be even left?
Just some indie graphic novel that comes out once every blue moon?

Fuck off White.

This whole movie felt like a parody of the previous film.
Fat Thor was good tho so was the dabbing Hulk

Yes, literally all other comics and animation that exist

People hate Snyder because he made Batman and Superman into Randian Heroes. In hindsight, DC should've just given him the Creeper and Mr.A to direct.

That's actually very fitting for a Randian story

Manchild, develop your sense of humor

Rand usually trigger comic book fans because her philosophy asks the individual to make decisions and make their own moral code instead of appealing to government or the inner good.

Yeah man it's great getting games once every blue moon

>lifetime student loans and expensive health care are great, they make you mature
>Zack Snyder’s visual richness and emotional depth

Good ones.

>People hate Snyder because he made Batman and Superman into Randian Heroes.
Superman is supposed to be altruistic. He helps people without ever asking anything in return. He's nowhere near an objectivist.

Yet, so many people love or loathe Ayn Rand without ever reading her or understanding it beyond "greed and being an asshole are okay".

Yes, Batman in BVS was a Randian critique of altruism

Superman and Batman being altruistic doesn't work in a post-9/11 world, where people read too much into heroes actions.

Just look at all the endless debates on the internet about why Bruce Wayne doesn't use his money to solve global poverty, or how Supes should be black to fit the working class and race in America.

Not everything is political, in fact marvel movies have done a better job of keeping out of politics than pretty much any other major franchise. Later today I've got to take a wife and two kids to a movie, it's probably going to be either infinity war or Shazam because superhero movies appeal to a broad audience and you can take an entire family to one, kind of like how you used to be able to go to Star Wars before they sucked.

Also to redditers yes my kids are going to be loud in the theater, fuck off.

>marvel movies have done a better job of keeping out of politics than pretty much any other major franchise.
That was true before Black Panther. But that's certainly no longer true after Captain Marvel, and you can be damn sure that will no longer be true in the next phase of the franchise. Kevin Feige has specifically stated they are going full diversity.

>Later today I've got to take a wife and two kids to a movie, it's probably going to be either infinity war or Shazam
Take them to see Shazam. It's easily the more fun of the two and has a happy ending, unlike Infinity War.

You should take the wife and kids to see Shazam. It's an actual family friendly superhero movie.

Infinity Wars and Endgames are ruined by retards who keeps unironically thinking that Thanos was right and starts injecting philosophy into it. Marvel should've gone with the self destructive incel who wanted to wipe out life so he can fuck Death. Also, fuck Marvel or not including Adam Warlock

>Take them to see Shazam. It's easily the more fun of the two and has a happy ending, unlike Infinity War.
Oh the sad desperate state of DC shills

Go see Endgame and if it's sold out go see literally anything else

Do you honestly believe kids like seeing an ending where half of the good guys die and the bad guys win?

I just don't care for any of the characters in Endgame. Civil War is where the Avengers Storyline neatly ends. Thanos being the big bad behind the universe just doesn't work.

I feel like Marvel wants to be The Godfather of Superhero Movies without understand what makes it work.

Start watching European films that don't have English translation

You mean Yea Forums then.

Both of those arguments predate 911 by decades, kid.

Only Bryne-Era Superman, and Miller-Era Batman came close to Randian ideals. I'm not sure where Denny O'Niel Batman would fit given that he fell to the Wall.

This has been going for long before the MCU. I'd say it really kickstarted in full force with the Star Wars prequels.

George Lucas actually wanted to make a film for kids with the Prequels.

You outnormie the normies and go back to making fun of "nerds".
I've seen regular people that enjoy the capeshit movies but loathe, despise and hate their fans.
We go back to the Status Quo

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

It's okay to like obscure things.If you jack yourself off at how you are better than normies,you deserve every scornful laughter you get,you self absorbed cunt

Wrong board >>Yea Forums

It's easy

Just go to Yea Forums and do everything they do

Good.That's how it was meant to be,sending you freaks back to your lockers and taking your stuff as a bonus

>Not everything is political
As a matter of fact, it is. You must have a very limited view of what politics are. Civil War, for instance is very political and I found it's overall message to be way more cynical and repulsive than anything on BvS but for some reason critics only bitch about the politics on DC films and give Disney/Marvel a pass. Unless they're pandering and condescending to minorities that is, then it's nothing but praise.
That being said, Armond White is mostly a contrarian shitlord, specially in his National Review stuff. The reviews he does for Out Magazine come off as more honest and without caring about keeping up with his "character".

If I am genuinely better than them, which I am, it would be disingenuous to not act like it

As a fan of movies, Shazam is actually a better film. I'd say it's one of the best superhero films in a long time, in that it actually feels like a movie made by people trying to actually say something through their vision (as far as a mainstream movie can). It's not perfect and it's not flawless but I think it's way more honest than anything DC or Marvel has done in years. I hope they keep making lower budget stuff like this, where the filmmakers can actually do what they need to do to tell a story, instead of conforming to an overall narrative imposed to them. Superhero movies are becoming too much like the comics in the worst way possible, putting continuity over storytelling.

>Marvel SJWs will not dare to attack him because he's black and gay
Priceless.

>a wife
Cucks, the audience of the MCU.

I'd prefer a sexual punishment

>Get into 40K
But I am not fat or ugly.

As someone who has lived under both the American and British healthcare systems, I have to say that you're full of shit.

The American private healthcare was sloppy, slow, and expensive, with the cost insurance by far outweighing what I pay in taxes in Britain. British healthcare is expedient, effective, and doesn't bankrupt you. I am convinced that anyone who would prefer the privatized American system is either insane or willfully deceiving themselves out of an irrational political adherence to the nebulous bag of mismatched concepts collected under 'the right'.

But what about FREEDOM?????

>muh free market
>muh plutocracy
>muh personal responsibility
>muh religion
White has become predictable and boring. Where's the actual spicy shit?

Superman chooses to live to help people and he expresses so much self doubt when he is criticized. This is the opposite of a randian protagonist.

pretty short and disappointing review for the biggest capeshit of all time

That's why Batman was the hero

It's a hollow movie, there isn't much to say

>A serious publication is obligated to point out similarity to the free-college, no-student-loans, socialized-medicine political promises that stoke immaturity.

I'm paid to study by the government

Attached: successful nordic countries.png (1006x832, 252K)

>*Gets raped by Abdul*

>demands originality
>defends Marvel quipshit

Attached: no_gay_retards.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

Free healthcare is a myth.

Even if my country (Australia) didn't have a national student loans scheme to assist, our degrees would still cheaper since we haven't yet let deregulation starts an arms race of pointless spending and fee-raising.

A Double Degree (two completed bachelors) of Law and Arts at my uni costs 36,400 AUD for a domestic student and is completed in 4 years. For foreign, full fee-paying students doing the same course, it's 40,200 AUD for 5.25 years.

The problem with Superman is that they don't understand Clark IS Superman. DC and brainlets see him more as Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen

Pretty sure that rape cases per capita is far higher in states than my country

>That weird moment where I agree with Armond fucking White

The MCU has been lazy fast food since Phase 2, minus WS and GOTG. This movie is the producers scrounging up an ending, since they spent the past 10 years doing nothing with their build up but churn out “Iron Man but with *insert hero*”

>*gets raped by Jamal and Juan*

#SimonPeggWasRight

Attached: C-C4C4PU0AAqewh.jpg (900x1200, 179K)

I actually own one of those masks
but I did give up my wizard powers
tho it was with a chubby fujo black chick

I paid for one semester, did the rest of my undergrad for free. I got paid through grad school and traveled to your lovely continent.
>t. burger

The British system works. Just look at all those sick kids public health care took care of. Government run hospitals are great.

Attached: jimmy-savile-1-z.jpg (545x512, 94K)

Actually yes those sick kids are taken care of. Sorry if that contradicts the imaginary version of the country you've never been to as told by Fox News/Breitbart/whatever piece of shit you read.

Written and directed by men with the mentality of a 14 year old edgelord.

Funny. I have the book by the prior gay libertarian movie critic at The National Review

Attached: 51Z59RG88XL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (315x474, 32K)

They sure were.

Attached: Jimmy-Savile-with-Elizabeth-I-671940.jpg (590x350, 39K)

>good point
>brainlet atheist point

Fuck sakes user.

It can go too far in the the other way, user,.

>tfw become a massive husbandofag of one of the antagonists in a fantasy book series
>tfw little fanart and only a few fan fictions

Feels real bad.

I might add if you really want niche fanbase just get into fantasy or scifi series books with no TV shows or movies. Most of them have little or average fanbase at most.

If the things you like have any fanbase at all you haven't gone deep enough

Pretty much I like it but I cringe whenever anyone pretends these movies are actually better than a 6/10 action movie

The politics part was weird but I agree these movies are pretty vapid and it’s childish to think otherwise. Decent action movies but to think that these have a weighty story or have anything smart to say is frankly silly. It bothers me that s large company is trying to dictate what Is culturally important yet they are making shallow escapist nonsense with plot devices we’ve all seen before in better movies

This is what it’s like to be a Wheel of Time fag

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1837, 2.5M)

Good advice

It's not possible to get into 40k without tolerating or being a neckbeard oneself, which normies could never manage to do even if they got past the massive barriers of entry regarding rules, lore, money etc.

Attached: 40k cheese.jpg (600x900, 105K)

Based

Krootguy did nothing wrong

Are you the legendary ladderbro?

user this is my favorite post of the day, thank you.

Attached: 1550792000642.jpg (397x400, 37K)

Wait he's just a Snyderfag?
That explains everything

True, I feel like it’ll be quickly forgotten like most mcu movies. Insane hype everyone sees it then once the next it things out the movie becomes inconsequential.

Unironically this. Hiveminds suck.

Mcucks don’t think for themselves they are so wrapped up in the brand and mega corporate loyalty they don’t critically analyze anything.

Totally mentally cowed while they let the mouse fuck their brain/wife.

If you say you found the movie boring or shallow they resort to ad hominem and if you find specific flaws they say turn off your brain it’s just a movie it’s just fun lol absolute shit fan base not unlike Star Wars.

This. They tricked normies into thinking they have gravitas when all they really have is the capes and 30-40 minutes of a cool fight. If you analyze any of the word building, stories or villains it all falls apart. I like these movies as blockbusters but the really aren’t smart and are probably bad for our culture in the long run.

have sex

>our culture
?

>Calling out a billion dollar franchise while praising a different attempt at a billion dollar franchise

What’s your ma’s number?

Art is political. The reason he's right about the one is he's right about the other.

Thanos doesn’t make sense in anyway. Hurr durrr I talked to purple council and they won’t let me fuck the universe. Now I kill half of everyone with my magic glove so life is fair? Wtf

Thanos in comics I wanna fuck death but she won’t let me. Time to job to d listers!

Completely retarded villain.

I think it’s funny that people got butt hurt synder tried to treat the characters seriously and his soul purpose wasn’t laughs or selling action figures. Sure it back fired but I didn’t want joke Batman slinging one liners and pop culture references like Spider-Man. Also why does every avenger have Peters personality? It’s so lazy

Western civilization should focus less on Childish escapism and more on things like education, health care etc as per the review the thread is about. Maybe if You aren’t American this is less relevant.

Based, I think it’s because whedon can only write self inserts so every avenger is a quipster. Characters are barely different from one another

Oh, you meant Western culture, not that entellechia American culture.

And by "taking them seriously" you mean turn them into brooding figures of despair?

One had soul and strived to make people think yet failed and one did not try to do anything but be safe, make money and sell T-shirt’s and toys.

Not hard to figure out the bad review. Guy isn’t a shill and is sick of these bland mcu flicks.

But that's the opposite of being counter-culture

What is this soul you speak of?

Yes. The movie was about the reconciliation of the idea of human suffering, represented by Doomsday, with the idea of benevolent authority, represented by Superman. At least it tried to be about something, use symbolic visual imagery and have references and reflections on actual ideas. I value an ambitious mess a lot.

Ang Lees Hulk is also my favorite superhero movie for context

Attached: Superman_and_Doomsday_face_off_at_Heroes_Park.png (1920x800, 2.76M)

Europe needs to focus more in geopolitics but the US is so fucked up that is beyond reparation.

Trying to imagine the characters in reality obviously. Superman is controversial and some want to destroy him others worship him though he’s really just a guy trying to help. Batman is seen as a domestic terrorist that the Gotham cops are complicit with since he puts away psychos. The characters hate each other at first and only join up when they realize someone smarter than both of them has been manipulating everything and has a literal monster trump card.

Avengers is cool but it’s legit people making jokes back and forth for 90 minutes with convoluted exposition that ultimately doesn’t matter because these movies aren’t actually about anything and are merely a vehicle to show a 30 minute cgi fight scene at the climax. I eat it up too but the reviewer hating mcu isn’t really hard to figure out.

If you didn’t grow up with comics or any affinity towards these characters it probably would sound retarded. I have one chad friend whose never seen any of the mcu or even Batman flicks. He says he just thinks it’s stupid. Can’t really disagree because most of it really is.

If you don't know it and feel it, yours is weak

The director was trying to say something philosophical about superheroes and it backfired. Don’t like Snyder or whedon but you can tell he tried. Mcu is all shot like a tv show and has awfully written villains and stories.

Attached: 7D5009A6-B1AC-4483-9B8A-D04802FFE07F.jpg (1860x1400, 423K)

Just like the SJW thing that everyone in co/ hates?. "Philosophy" dont matter if you are a bad writer.

For me, the main thing I appreciate is that Snyder was making the movie that he truly wanted to create for himself, and had a strong artistic vision. He clearly struggles hard with expressing exactly what it is in his imagination, but he fucking goes for it.

The mcu on the other hand is way too metatextually aware of itself and the audience it has, always leaning into their fan desires and clearly striving for opening weekend audience reactions, which has such a rapidly deteriorating value on revist. It's obviously popular with people, but it's not for me.

Calling out the MCU for having poorly written characters is the ultimate pot calling the kettle black moment
Ffs did any you see what they did to Lex Luthor?

I don’t care about sjws I’m just saying that it’s better to try and start a discourse on something intellectual than avoid it all together.

Also art isn’t usually successful while the artist is alive or immediately after the art is created.

Most things that are popular like pop songs, current fashion trends, diets and celebrities become fads people make fun of in later decades. Just because Disney is successful at branding marvel doesn’t mean they will be liked in the future. They even screwed up Star wars with normies which should have been an easy win. It’s not hard to imagine people will wake up and notice that ever flick after iron man 1 was pretty much an average action movie with zero interesting subject matter.

Have a good day mcuck.

>a nigger's opinion

right into the trash sweetie

Different user but I didn’t like bvs but a few elements and scenes are strong. Lex wasn’t the weakest character. Going after Supermans mom was ballsy. No avengers villain hits that close to home. Loki jokester, ultron was garbage and thanos makes zero sense.

Avengers is popular but I found it shallow. I think both dc and marvel have to try harder and unfortunately marvel won’t because normies have been conditioned not to think if it says marvel on it.

Attached: D65A782F-5C36-4C0B-B852-522CD2497C75.jpg (274x275, 25K)

Dude when you're a bad writer the message is meaningles. The Snyderverse is boring and the movies had a lot of plotholes that anyone with a brain can see, that's the problem not the message.

Yes, they made him an atheistic sociopath obsessed with satanic imagery who was raped by his religious father (implied) who developed a hatred of God and anger towards the notion of idealistic benevolence because of it. He projects this upon Superman who represents this to him, so he summons a metaphorical demon with Doomsday to kill God. It was a fucking weird direction to go with it for sure, dark as fuck and entirely different from any other version. It wouldn't be how I'd do Luthor, but I appreciate the individuality of it

Snyder didn’t write the movie dumbass he directed it. that was goyer who also wrote the dark knight unironically one of the best cape flicks of all time. He probably figured it would be a slam dunk when he hired him.

Time travel is one of the most cliche plot hole devices btw very obvious it was a way to tie up 10 years of movies that were only superficially connected.

>Yea Forums is becoming almost as /pol/ as Yea Forums
What's causing this?

Breaking the conditioning

This. Luthor was threatening and was able to fuck over the two scariest dudes on the planet by writing letters. He then genetically engineered someone strong enough to kill Superman and fucking succeeded.

What did thanos do other than make a bedazzled glove and ramble about edge lord death nonsense?

General Zod is a better villain than any MCU villain. I consider Doomsday a continuation of his character

I find the mcu boring because it’s full of plot holes and none of the characters or music is any good. I like the fights but that’s like 20 - 30 minutes of content.

This

Attached: F34736D8-26E3-4249-AE4F-27FF4D7554CE.jpg (1039x1004, 109K)

Basically this, Star Wars and mcu have made a generation even lamer then they already were

I really didn't like the character at first, but looking back on it now it was because I genuinely felt repulsed by him as a person, the sick little violating fuck, always touching people's faces with his cold clammy hands. I hated him.

Theres a lot of overlap between/tv/, /pol/ and Yea Forums, and this corruption's been happening for years as the older Yea Forums members left.

Then why is the writing so atrocious and boring. That's what killed Snyder's DCEU not the message.

General Zod is the only villain in the recent wave of 2010s superhero movies to force the hero to make a choice that has real consequence without giving him a way out in the end, as a cliffhanger or plot thread to resolve it later. Superman had to live with the extinction of the kryptonian race and the morally grey execution of Zod. It was a bold move to make with a Superman story and I look on it more favorably now

Attached: 0063f97a99c46980c391558807da36d3e28bbfe0_hq.jpg (550x823, 83K)

It bothers me That people applying this “they do no wrong “ mentality it’s so dangerous. It’s ok to like Thor 1 but not like Thor 2 and 3 people are too in love with the brand and aren’t paying attention to the product being cliche or uninteresting

Literally all of Infinity war is the villain making the heros choose between saving an individual vs the safety of the collective.

It wasn’t written poorly, modern audiences are just dumb and found it too dark and serious since they expected a comedy like avengers where everyone jokes and the villain isnt threatening etc

google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/amp/

Mos did this already

That... that's literally movie Thanos poorly disguised with a goatee

Okay, so? This garbage pile of words said zod was literally the only villain to do this.

>and the morally grey execution of Zod
>Frodo.jpg
Why didn't Superman just do the "wanna buy a snail" prank to make him stop?

Yeah, and the Martha was thing was obviously not a mistake of the size of the Everest, and see fighting edgy Batman with edgy alien super Batman was not boring. It's common sense, don't make you're work boring and take care of the plotholes firts and then you can work on the message. Hollywood really need editors.

Same at first I was put off but in hindsight he was so effective.

Gets away with domestic terrorism, controls politicians, manipulates superheroes into fighting amongst themselves, discovers kryptonite, almost kills Superman’s mom and gf, creates doomsday who successfully kills Superman and immediately escapes jail and chills with death stroke on his yacht in end credits.

Because Snyder's imagination is all visual imagery and he struggles to piece it together with actual writing, and has an almost unhealthy Michael Bay esque obsession with highly elaborate fighting.

Nobody's saying he's perfect, or that the movie is a godsend, just that in the realm of superhero movies it took chances most don't

Diff user but other people apparently came to the same conclusion. Please leave mouse cuck

“ Martha”was Thomas Wayne’s final words in the opening sequence. They were about to be Superman’s final words then Bruce realized Clark is just a man and he will become everything he hates by killing him.

It’s funny that this goes over your head. It was a callback to an earlier scene it’s like you’ve never focused on movie dialogue before. Fucking zoomers

Attached: 277121C7-371E-46BC-A8B8-24487347D3C6.jpg (567x531, 51K)

Then first need to work in his narrative skills, if Snyder make a movie with the same message, good writing and marketing an it flops then yeah is the consumer fault with BvS it's not.

Some of the coolest movies were hated by critics and made no money. See Highlander

This was supposed to be Snyder’s “Rosebud” but he completely missed the fucking mark and instead filmed one big joke. I find it humorous that you Warner Babies are still rabidly trying to pretend this movie wasn’t anything more than a 14 year old’s take on what would be considered deepest story telling.

And then Batman will do same thing if he say Charlie or something?. It was a dumb scene, almost like a deus ex machina

I’m still wondering what the hell batman was doing in those two years that he had before he fought Superman. In MoS Lois was able to learn more about who Superman is and his state of mind with a reporters budget and resources. Batman figures out, what? That there is a substance that can kill him? And he didn’t even figure this out, he had to have Lex do all the work for him.
The only thing that Snyder’s take on Batman has going for it was the warehouse fight, and that’s literally it.

I think it’s funny mcu babies can’t pay attention to a simple call back to an earlier scene lol there wasn’t anything confusing about it. Also did anyone actually think Batman would murder him anyway? It was obvious they would team up like they do in every comic

What

Attached: 1554148201076.jpg (800x542, 89K)

It’s impossible to miss because it’s literally beaten over your head, that still doesn’t make it in any way shape or form good, it was pretty bad. But I guess film students love it, so there is that going for it?

Alfred was legit and the car chase scene was cool. Affleck was a good Bruce at the dinner party. Also first time Batman wears gray and black in live action since the 60s it was nice seeing something that wasn’t all black. So sick of that

You literally missed it I had to explain it to you.

Attached: F876BDE3-44D9-4A79-9AFC-5584D0BA1B2D.jpg (1000x1000, 266K)

They always had a way out with Thanos, and everything was ultimately undone. I guess Wanda was forced to kill Vision, which is a similar morally challenging choices, but again it was immediately undone. She didn't have to live with it and let it change her perspective and challenge her beliefs like Superman had to

No because Thomas Wayne didn’t whisper Charlie in the opening scene while baby Bruce was standing there over them

I'd rather have max visual mavericks out there making movies that are divisive

>Also to redditers yes my kids are going to be loud in the theater, fuck off.
Not only are you the true Redditor, you're the cancer killing the theater experience.

Same. I don’t neeed every movie I see to be a hit with casuals who couldn’t care any less

I thought it worked pretty well as a device for bringing Batman out of his nihilism and remembering his humanity tbqh

Getting mad at Kids being loud at a kids movie kys

You know the Mouse is gonna kill him, right?

Agreed, after that he realized Clark is an ally and treated him with respect even though he could have killed him pure kino

Found dead apparent suicide

Attached: BC99A4B1-0210-467F-A12D-0F05F4138B74.jpg (576x472, 53K)

And that's why is a very convenient thing that Superman mom is called Martha. If you want you story to be serious you can't make mistakes like that.

He didn't make that up, it's been the case for decades in the lore. He's just the first one to give meaning to the connection

Working out

Based Armond, king of Yea Forums

>even ironically promoting Armond "Wishes He Was" White

It wasn’t a mistake that’s literally the character names. The mistake imo was using doomsday so early should have been metallo or parasite.

You can henpeck all you like but ultimately your shilling in a thread where no one agrees with you and it’s pretty obvious. Fuck off and suck some mouse balls

And the ones that can make the conection (DC true fans) were pissed because of the bastardization of the characters. Normies don't know/don't care what are the names of the moms of Superman and Batman.

It actually gave greater meaning and context to two almost non characters

And the audience know/care about that?. It's like makin a movie of a fanfiction, btw I dont care about the MCU.

Then why all that boring ass politics?

Normies also can’t recall how the opening scene is batmans dad saying Martha as he dies and can’t connect why it triggered Batman. I didn’t love that movie but that scenes significance is practically spoon fed to the audience and it still went over their heads. I’m convinced that most people just want transformers type movies and just skip anything that has non joke / cliche dialogue at this point.

Exactly, they are typically not important once bats and supes are adults it was nice acknowledging how important their moms are often dads get too much focus in these movies

All cape movies are fan fiction of the actual source material dumb dumb.

That people are responding to this unironically really show the state of this website

Ugh I dropped star wars once I saw clones

Autism, like it always has been?

That's actually the most interesting aspect in retrospect

Yeah but they dont need to have the same writing quality of fanfiction

Never thought I’d agree with him but his review sums up how I feel about most mcu flicks they have nothing to say and are pretty vapid. Total Cgi snore fests for dumb corporate manufactured fans.

Attached: 18959C3A-DDD8-4C56-8949-078198028658.jpg (720x864, 55K)

He's a hack.

You expect too much of a low rent genre

>puts out his "best films" list
>its all art house and foreign shit i never heard of
>also BvS

Exactly none of these movies are written well If it wasn’t obvious enough for that other user

Bvs did try to be artsy but failed because it wasn’t like the mcu. I don’t think it was ever really judged on its own merit,

this is some advanced cope

Attached: 1552017509073.webm (640x272, 2.2M)

It’s my tastiest pasta yet!

I still can’t believe Disney killed Star Wars even more so that he prequels absolutely crazy ironically they tried to marvelize it but you can’t just reboot like Spider-Man or the hulk

>America subsidizes the corn and sugar industry so that they can flood the market with cheap calories which people readily consume because the emotionally-exhausting and economically-precarious nature of contemporary American life leaves little time, will, energy, or money to buy, plan, and cook healthy meals.
>But it's your fault kay

It's not that hard bitch, you're just addicted to the sensory pleasure of food and don't treat it with the pragmatism you're supposed to.

Don't the south landlords pay so little that the pellagra dissease spred everywhere because of malnournishment in the last decades of the 19 century?

Pellegra was mostly the result of 'cross culture monoculture' crops (sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it?)

Many historical european crops 'could' in theory support the lowest classes who could only afford the very cheapest food. However, the Pellegra epidemics was the result of European agriculturists being unaware you couldn't fucking live off corn alone IF you didn't treat it with lime first to release the Niacin. Turns out the native indians have been using corn so long they'd learnt this trick centuries if not thousands of years ago (the process is called nixtamalization.)

So, it's more that it was a product of globalization and people make assumptions about adopted crops they didn't have centuries of cultural experience and 'craft knowledge' with.

Basicly, it's the only real reason you'd ever make Homminy instead of any of the thousands of tastier corn dishes.)

The containment board doesn’t work for them it’s true