What the fuck happened

what the fuck happened

Attached: Red_vs_Blue_Logo.jpg (250x250, 26K)

I never saw this series what's it about anyway?

Red won. Or Blue, I don't know, I didn't watch it.

It dragged on way too fucking long?

well, it's about red guys fighting blue guys.

here, let me elaborate. the show was funny at the first few seasons, and then it's plot started advancing, which I really liked about it. The last good season was season 13, in my opinion. It wrapped up the plot nicely with a sad, but necessary ending. Seasons 14-17 are just a damned disgrace.

>here, let me elaborate
Can't you faggots just start the threads like this?

Sounds pretty lame imo.

well because I wanted to say "what the fuck happened."
maybe you just can't appreciate the art of words

>maybe you just can't appreciate the art of words
I don't appreciate you eating the paint and calling it art.

14 was just an anthology of random shit so it wasn’t too bad, but holy shit 15-17 are fucking retarded.

what about the colorful shit that will come out of my ass after I eat the paint?
sometimes, shit is art. Just look at calarts.

Attached: Screenshot_20190426-002936.png (1302x1303, 89K)

Yeah, the shit is what comes afterwards even though you're calling the act of eating art. That's how the analogy works: What you start with is uninteresting and retarded but we have to sit around and wait for anything of any relevance or interest. Such as that is eventually followed by

also season 9 was pretty shit, but that's just because it was mostly animation, which took away the main charm of the show for a bit.

who can't wait for 5 minutes?
I do understand your point, however.

Why wait at all? Why not just use your words the first time?

Seasons 1-5 was what most people were doing with video games and making fun stories within the game's context, like Illegal Danish for WoW. It was a Machinima project for shitposting that got very popular because of the voice acting, jokes, and parodies, and it eventually started to develop into something "serious".

Seasons 6-8 is where it started to get more lore-heavy, creating its own story not separate from the events in the Halo universe, but as part of the story itself, albeit two steps away from ever touching Master Chief. Instead of it being a bunch of idiots playing in Blood Gulch over XBox Live, it's now about a bunch of idiots being used by a PMC funded to create a super-soldier AI to bring out the greatest potential in Spartans. That is to say, "smart" AI that won't go rampant. This ultimately backfires when the guy in charge of this project wants to bring back his waifu.

Seasons 9 and 10 effectively wrap up all of the details within the series, making callbacks to previous gags in seasons 1-5 and showing they actually have very serious consequences. It's about as deep as The Matrix goes in its meta-philosophy, but it's still something enjoyable to watch. It's a very nice cathartic gift with a Halo sheen.

Then it all spirals out of control, gets too full of itself, and loses its way.

because I am a retard!

>17 seasons
What the fuck?

While the original 100 eps are perfect in or not in isolation, I feel it would have been perfect if they had just ended on season 10 for the fans of the more lore-heavy era.

Everything gets called back and given new light. The Freelancer and Church (both AI and real) get a emotional but well executed sendoff, and every member of Blood Gulch got a moment to shine.

Then along came the Chorus saga and everything went to shit.

While a shame, it was a necessary thing since it'd have been pretty tough to pull off he entire freelancer backstory using the Machinima method.

To be honest it all kinda lost me on the reveal that Church was just an AI.

>season 15's entire deal involved letting go of past experiences, good or bad and move on to something new. Ever wrapping up with a sendoff for Burnie cause he couldn't do the voice anymore.

>LETS MAKE THE NEXT SEASONS ABOUT TIME TRAVEL AND RELIEVE PAST SCENES.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have their C-Team working at RvB. Not even RWBY is that retarded and that's already a low standard.

>Hey what if we took our funny comedy and turned it into cringey action and EBIN PLOT instead?
Why? Why do this?

Boring ass reasons: Because back then the internet was ever-evolving and so was its media. Everyone started copying RvB so they thought on trying out new ideas.

Sometimes people get tired of just doing the same thing over and over, so they descided to try something different but also didn't want to start something entirely from scratch. Plus, if you had a crazy chink that could animate crazy ass fight scenes at light speed why WOULDN'T you use him?

The better question is why let it run for so long?

That's true. I was thinking about that while I was watching it. There's no way in hell they could've made that work without the animation.

most of the people who make this criticism basically just watched like three seasons of BGC and then forget about it once their humor ran past dick jokes

Also, real reason? Because there was a definitive END to the BGC and Burnie was getting older and made it clear he wanted to try something new.

>most of the people who make this criticism basically just watched like three seasons of BGC and then forget about it once their humor ran past dick jokes
I watched the series until the scene where Tex comes out of a box and beats everyone up in a lame CGI fight scene and keeps punching someone in the nuts repeatedly.
Bloodgulch Chronicles is classic comedy and will always hold a fond place in my heart. Some of the seasons after that still had good bits but that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I still think it was a pointless endeavor. The whole reason everyone loved the Freelancer stuff in the first place is because you're left wondering what the fuck could have possibly happened between these people in the past to possibly put them in this state.

Filling it in takes the mystery away

I guess I'm biased because I binged the BGC all at once, but the series basically transitioned from a sci-fi comedy that kept itself sorta grounded in its setting to dick and balls jokes and references to America and Texas and dial-up phones and whatever Burnie wanted to joke about at the time while the characters enacted cartoon plots.

My Dad walked in on me using the TV to watch it multiple times and asked me if I honestly found any of it funny (he thought it was "retarded") and I had to say no

I should note I mean just the BGC here, not the series as a whole

It's better now than it has been in years. Lorefags can fuck off, RVB has been a comedy series first and foremost from the beginning.

My dad thinks it's funny and he was 50-something when I showed it to him.
Based boomer.

Chorus isn't perfect but it's hardly complex at all, not sure how it "spiraled out of control"

So was mine

I can understand that. Personally, I feel that haven't seen it rather than just in mystery builds up better to the reveal of how much shit the Church cause in the whole ordeal because of the loss of his wife.

If you mean 17, sure, but the comedy in 15 and 16 is the worst in the history of the series

Unless you wanna tell me that Tucker punching a rotoscoped Gusclops in the balls is "comedy gold", at which point I'm gonna tell you to fuck off

I think spiralled out of control it meant more in that it just went gun-ho on the drama, introduced a bunch of characters nobody gave a fuck about, and paved the way to the desaster that is the last few seasons.

having it*

17 and to a lesser extent 16 was a return to form for the series. Back to the tone of S3-4.

having it seen it*

I meant to say

...Chorus was much, much, much more comedic and less dramatic than 8-10...did you watch it? The new seasons also basically ditched everything from Chorus anyways, so...

Okay so you're a 5 year old who thinks this is remotely similar to the classic humor of the series, got it

not arguing with you, you don't understand the series, you gotta live with that, not me.

Not him, but Chorus sucked dick. Everything they tried to do serious sucked and the comedy was mediocre. The new series is WAAAAAY better.

Sounds like a good ol' fashioned case of nostalgia glasses. Stay mad.

Again, not arguing quality, he's trying to tell me that Chorus was "more dramatic" than the fucking soap opera that was 8-10, which is insane

Also 15 was meh and 16 was awful, enjoying 17 so far though

Not same user but characters from Chorus keep being brought up and while it started that way it soon took a nosedive back into drama with the two factions and shit.

Plus, doesn't help that no matter how hard they try to make themes about moving on they keep dwelling in RvB nostalgia.

>Chorus saga's villain turns out to be the Chairman with a ship filled with RvB memorabillia
>Next season once again brings up Freelancers despite the fact everything was wrapped up nicely in season 10
>Two seasons involving traveling across RvB scenes.

Modern RvB is like Modern Sonic the Hedgehog games. They keep trying to shive you nostalgia you already ate up like fifteen times in a "REMEMBER THIS?" type situation.

How can you enjoy 17 if its just basically just 16-part 2?

Maybe the comedy was so dull that what mostly comes back into my mind are the serious moments.

>being a stupid kid watching this shit
>realizing who Carolina was to Church when we finally saw his face

Attached: THUS SPAKE ZARATHUSTRA.gif (392x260, 2M)

can you shut the fuck up, i don't care about Chorus at all, literally just saying the objective fact that it's less dramatic than the previous seasons. fuck off with your blogs

Yes Tucker destroying a greenscreen testicle of Gus in a Cyclops suit is definitely similar to the humor in 17. kys

Not
>finding out who Florida was
THAT was excellent writing.

I agree with this, I didn't give S11 a chance specifically because they weren't covering any new ground by the fifth episode of that season. It seemed so incredibly redundant I was sure they were more focused on pushing RWBY than they were on continuing RvB.

>one weird scene invalidates a season

I thought it was really bizarre and memorable.

For as much dull season 9 could be, the payoff that was season 10 finale was so good back then.

Dude chill the fuck up. You could have specified you were saying you were liking it more because of better humor. Personally I'm just not digging the time travel story as a whole.

Arby n the Chief is better.

Sorry for being a dick, yeah the time travel shit is stupid.

> It seemed so incredibly redundant I was sure they were more focused on pushing RWBY than they were on continuing RvB.

Wouldn't surprise me given that's the exact feeling I got from RWBY's last seasons. I can't shake the feeling it may be because they wanted to put full marketing focus on gen:LOCK considering it's all-star cast was gonna make it a guaranteed hit.

I love this season specifically because it feels like an expanded take on my favorite classic Season. Season 3.

The one thing I'm enjoying is that the focus on Donut and Wash feels surprisingly pleasing. Specially after last season felt like it reversed characterisation more than helped it.

>Tucker losing all of his character development through the series
>Sister suddenly becoming this super insightful character out of the fucking blue because "We can't have a shitty female character in this new woke era"

I never agreed with the opinion that Tucker reverted. It's a completely different character flaw they were exploring. What the did to Sister is pure cancer though.

>muh sexual liberation stronk woman

She was one of my favorite characters when she was just a dumb bimbo there for fanservice and jokes at the expense of Grif.

It's less he reverted and more that he was forced to play dumber than he has been to make Sister seem better.

This is the longest running Sci-Fi show in US History

Attached: What a shitshow.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Blood Gulch Chronicles were comfykino and despite the meme opinions that get repeated, I actually think the build into serious story in series 5 that leads into Series 6 was good. I actually enjoyed Series 6 and thought it was a good finale.

Everything after that degrades. From what I recall series 7 was just them fucking around in Valhalla, which was nice but fairly redundant. by the time Halo:Reach released and they were in full anime fanservice shit mode, it was a goner.

The guitar riff and two bands of petty soldiers going stir crazy in a desert canyon is Red Vs Blue, you go much beyond that and it's just bad Halo fanfiction.

Attached: 1465249832445.png (844x840, 492K)