Xilam's first-ever CGI cartoon will be Oggy as a literal toddler

>It’s said that cats have nine lives, and now this one has two shows. Xilam Animation greenlit the CGI-animated preschool series Oggy Oggy, inspired by the feline hero of its classic series Oggy and the Cockroaches.

>Oggy Oggy marks the French animation studio’s first-ever CGI series, and production on 156 x seven-minute episodes is set to start this summer. With a team of 150 people and a global budget of US$22 million, the first episodes are expected to launch in late 2020 with the second season hitting screens in 2021.

>The preschool show will star Oggy as a clumsy kitten, and follow his adventures as he attempts to help other cats in his community. By aging Oggy down (Oggy and the Cockroaches targets kids six to 11), Xilam hopes to expand the popular brand to a younger audience (four to six). The company also hopes to build its strength in the preschool world following the success of its series Paprika, which premiered in France and Italy in 2017 before expanding across EMEA last year.

>The switch to CGI was designed to visually differentiate Oggy Oggy from Oggy and the Cockroaches, ensuring the two shows aren’t in direct competition, Xilam CEO Marc du Pontavice told Kidscreen. Moving forward, Xilam plans to increase its 3D efforts until half of its slate is CGI.

>“We’ve been thinking about CGI for a long time,” says du Pontavice. “We’re delivering so much more programming and need to diversify. We built a studio in Angouleme, France, with Oggy Oggy as the first CGI project in development.”

>It was an adjustment for directors used to working in 2D, du Pontavice says, but he believes the company’s background in slapstick comedy and 2D animation brings a unique flavor to the world of CGI.

>“CGI comes with more constraints but it also offers up more tools,” he says. “It’s a brand new world. There are about 30 people working on the Angouleme team now, and by 2020 we hope to have close to 100 people.”

Attached: D5BAIEDXsAUq4Li.jpg (1038x786, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kidscreen.com/2019/04/25/oggy-revival-leads-xilams-cgi-ambitions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The company also sees Oggy Oggy as an opportunity to shake up its licensing strategy. Xilam began developing the property’s consumer products program at the show’s inception, and is assembling licensing partners across key categories including toys, apparel and homewares.

>“This new generation of showrunners is keen to be part of that process,” du Pontavice says. “They’re creating characters that are toyetic. It’s a much more global approach to consumer products.”

>Efforts to expand the Oggy and the Cockroaches universe come shortly after the brand celebrated its 20th anniversary (the series boasts 350 episodes over seven seasons, and is available globally). Xilam marked the occasion with a new look and a brand expansion that saw the property spread to new categories, including fashion and food.

kidscreen.com/2019/04/25/oggy-revival-leads-xilams-cgi-ambitions/

Damn, I love Oggy.

Jeez that’s supposed to be a cat?

well that is certainly unexpected

Also not trying to preemptively talk smack on something but man it looks like no one can truly escape from 3D, huh

have fun trying to unsee the lips on this motherfucker

Attached: what.png (225x220, 97K)

Wait
Where's the cockroaches
AND THIS DOESNT LOOK LIKE A SPUNKO RIPOFF

CUTE
CUTE!!!!!

>Xilam
Aren't they like making a show about some little fox shota?

This is the most horrendous thing I've ever seen, as much in idea as in execution

>Where's the cockroaches
Probably not yet born at that time

>we want the Funko/Tsum-Tsum audience

they better still be

Attached: tiny bad wolf.png (285x142, 84K)

>Xilam making one stylistic reincarnation/life of Oggy
I can live with that.

Attached: 51Q8Tu6R+zL._SY346_.jpg (226x346, 31K)

Wasn't there an episode where it showed both Oggy and the Cockroaches as babies? Like I think it was a time travel one.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

The season 4 episode "Back to the Past!"
Though a witch is actually responsible

SOULLESS

why is he doraemon now?

They should finish that Space Goofs movie they had another studio working on before it went bankrupt.

Oh, it's a wolf. My bad.

It's kinda sad to know that little kitten grows into an adult that will be brutally attacked in his own home

>Oggy and the Cockroaches targets kids six to 11
Why do I suddenly feel autistic?