How many actually good kids cartoons are there really?

Let's be honest for once, Yea Forums. You always complain about how all kids cartoons "suck nowadays" but meanwhile everyone spent most of their childhood sitting through mediocre shit waiting for the 1 good show. Even the few shows you dare to celebrate like Hilda aren't even that great, just so good that they actually deserve respect. Could it be that the cartoon fandom is so bitter because western animation in general just never reached the necessary level to be appreciated as an art form? In the entire history of western animation, how many actually GOOD shows have been made?

Attached: smug keita.png (1366x768, 481K)

>Anime OP image featuring (surprise surprise) an underage girl
Ew, fag with bait

>Yea Forums is one person
>Yea Forumsutist

Ignoring the bait it’s just as much of a ratio as good anime, music, live action shows, films, books, you name it
The majority of media as a whole is shit, while a smaller percentage is good and some absolute masterpieces. For any media.

Uhhh.... a lot? What even is this question?

>girl
That's a boy.

To be fair Nate can be mistaken for being a girl since he’s such a fag
Certainly a better topic talking about him then whatever the fuck OP is going for

Seems that Yo-kai Watch! (note the exclamation point) is going way more rapid-fire than before. One episode having SEVEN segments. At least the one about Komasan's sister sounds interesting.

Wow I didn’t even know they revived it, just knew it was cancelled a year ago and replaced with the edgier one
It was fast paced before but at 7 segments it must be breakneck speed now

Yeah, Shadowside is done. Only 49 episodes. I guess it didn't do well. I remember hearing Japanese kids found the designs too spoopy.

Now it's back to goofy Nate, Whisper and Jibanyan antics. No Hailey Anne though, because Japan despised her so much.

Shadowside was kind of a dumb idea to begin with, let's be honest. They were trying to cut into demographics that the original game just wasn't directly intended for, alienating both older and younger fans. It's like if Pokemon tried to make a darker and edgier cartoon for teenagers. Even the teenagers and young adults who like those shows typically like them for how goofy they are, not how edgy they are.

Also, Japan is just butthurt that Inaho criticized their obsessive otaku bullshit.

Inaho really sucked tho. Everyone watched it for the fun keita stories and then they added this loud, annoying girl with no character to replace 50% of the keita. She's unironically the Chloe of Japanese animation

Part of me wonders if Shadowside was an attempt to appeal to Western audiences that got alienated by Nintendo pushing the dumber designs like Cheeksqueek. Although they still made Zundoumaru...

Of course a big problem with that is how far behind the West is. At this point we're likely skipping Busters 2 and getting 4 in like 2020. Maybe. And who knows if we'll even get the Shadowside anime with that.

I mean its an interesting theory but with how tone deaf the Merican Yo-kai are, I'm not sure if I can buy it. The whole thing probably just boils down to that they realized they had something that was big and successful and tried to fly too close to the sun with it. Sort of a Sonic syndrome thing, where they just started trying to do too much shit at once.

Inaho is annoying and I think if they had opened her up with a better balance between her as the new girl and Keita as the classic kid, then maybe she would've had a chance. Plus, I dug the part where Keita and Inaho finally met and summoned King Enma, so I can't hate her entirely.

Frankly, this may be fandom halal, but I like her better than the nothing-character that is Katie.

Attached: tomorrow_gal_by_thelordofgames_daiwmzo-pre.jpg (1025x780, 79K)

Pretty funny in my opinion they went back to square one. Also which characters piss off the Japanese, I guess similar to them looking in here and wondering why we hate Mabel
I guess they like consistency in these types of shows characters because we’ll be with Nate for the long run. Which can work for something more everyday surreal shit like Yo Kai Watch, where something like Pokémon has way more to do with it that’s being hindered by sticking with Ash’s never-moving arc for 20 years

Boy, user. Keita is a boy.

Attached: CvVOx1_VIAAK2t9.jpg (1200x675, 92K)

I'm here to ruin the fun

Attached: 8.png (1700x2338, 3.83M)

Hailey Anne, or Inaho Misora in the original Japanese. She's pretty damn annoying but if I'm to understand right, the Japanese audience mostly hates her because the writers used her to take a bunch of potshots at otaku.

Attached: Inaho_Mizora.PNG.png (378x1147, 504K)

That's likely. Level-5 struck gold, but it tapped out. The franchise is far from dead (despite what shitty gaming blogs say) but it's definitely not the powerhouse it was in 2015.

I think a lot of the love for Katie is her portrayal in the games, which is probably a big reason Japan hated 3 and made a big deal about her being playable in Sukiyaki (even if only for a few quests and in a limited capacity).

Indeed. The slice of life aspect actually helps Yo-kai Watch and keeps it from being crazy stale. Plus, we know how Nate grows up thanks to Shadowside so in a way, it helped.

>ruin
do you even know where you are

Attached: 34.png (206x157, 67K)

>Boy

Shadowside didn't do a good job giving the yokai screentime,
Jibanyan or Komasan were summoned for pretty much every fight. Yeah, Nate always summoned him too, but the segments gave other Yokai a chance to shine.
I wanted more Charlie.

Attached: tumblr_p921u76WZa1s2kw58o2_1280.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

>Ruin
user you just made it better. Sexy drawings always make it better

Whiskei ウィスケー is pretty damn popular in Japan

Attached: 1y5.png (1700x2338, 3.73M)