New DuckTales in May

>May 7
>Treasure of the Found Lamp!
>As the boys track a missing artifact across Duckburg, Scrooge and Webby stall the warrior looking for it with a phony quest.

>May 9
>The 87 Cent Solution!
>The kids must stop Scrooge's unhealthy obsession with a few missing coins to keep him from becoming the next Glomgold.

>May 10
>The Golden Spear!
>As Della rebuilds her ship, Penumbra becomes convinced Della’s planning an attack. Meanwhile, Donald's nap keeps getting interrupted by adventure.

>May 13
>Nothing Can Stop Della Duck!
>Della Duck has faced every danger the moon has to offer to reunite with her family, but her greatest challenge is one she might not be able to fight her way out of.

>May 14
>Raiders of the Doomsday Vault!
>Dewey tries to prove himself by exploring a frozen fortress in search of a money tree seed, but Glomgold has kidnapped Scrooge in order to find it first.

>May 15
>Friendship Hates Magic!
>Stuck as a shadow, Lena tries to protect Webby from her suspicious new friend Violet during a supernatural sleepover.

>May 16
>The Dangerous Chemistry of Gandra Dee!
>With Huey and Webby’s help, Fenton woos a punk rock scientist, only to uncover her dangerous plans for Gizmoduck.

Attached: k1r2xtub5hfbjfeliyed.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PtT4QHHt5N8
youtube.com/watch?v=DJQHFfA5mVs
youtube.com/watch?v=F34o2nEiEvY
youtube.com/watch?v=ahpI-tPeccc
bankingtheduck.blogspot.com/p/download-links.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like they're repeating every day in may thing again.

>With Huey and Webby’s help, Fenton woos a punk
Tender

Attached: 1556208869879.png (1136x640, 699K)

I'm gonna love seeing more Della episodes, the last one was my favorite so far in the series
Obvious it's setting up for her to return to Earth in the season finale. Probably season 3 being a regular

Apparently there are more than 7 episodes than what was leaked

Attached: 121427.jpg (1272x684, 90K)

Apparently on the 8th is "The Outlaw Scrooge McDuck!" with john hodgman as rockerduck.

Attached: D5BBc3YUwAEiRo1.jpg (537x519, 49K)

I think I'm looking forward to The Golden Spear the most out of these. More Della and a Donald subplot? Please and thank you.

Was it salmiakki?

Attached: mpv-shot0062.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Same. I’m far more invested in the Donald stuff than the Webby or Fenton parts really.

This is Rockerduck's first animated appearance ever, right?

Will based Rockerdad make an appearance in the Rockerduck episode?

Attached: rch05.jpg (1204x433, 231K)

yup

Yes

Attached: 7AC8053A-4D59-4E26-B058-9E03C510BABF.jpg (1280x960, 145K)

Tiny boots crush duck feet. He is a cripple for life.

He can barrow Della’s robotic leg

Based on his appearance I assume he's either a southern gentlemen or an oil tycoon, or both.

> Gandra Dee is evil now
It's okay, though. Fenton constantly suffered to woo her in the original, that's probably happening again.

I remember people hating on Della the first time around but I guess with the torture in that moon episode it practically paid back

Makes sense for him to be an oil tycoon.

Attached: 5D9CF6C4-4613-489C-BCB4-07C93F4DE020.jpg (463x338, 46K)

Usually his shoes look big enough to accommodate webbed feet.

Attached: C89E694C-F4C6-4B5D-875A-2C159046A964.png (283x375, 49K)

People are on edge with modern media and its idealistic portrayal of wymyn. Of course, after giving her a decent backstory everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Honestly her whole introduction before the moon episode painted her in an awful light and people thought Scrooge and Donald were getting all the blame for it
Once blame was put on her and she accepted it and its consequences like losing her leg people got over that and with her having a good personality in that episode she became liked

Is going to be the episode with Fenton, Gyro and Young Scrooge/Goldie?

Attached: 7E295D73-6AA6-43C0-9F94-637A9661BE97.jpg (1280x960, 154K)

Judging from that picture, I fear to guess its a time travel episode.
Or maybe dreamscape thingy, like that Don Rosa comic where Beagles invaded Scrooges dreams for vault combo

That, and the Nu-Ducktales Comics made her look like kind of a callous bitch with no personality that Scrooge doted on while not giving a shit about what happened to Donald

>reading tie-in comics of big studio IPs
Nobody should do that. Ever. Continuity and character consistencies go out the window when those are made, and there is much less quality control.

In my defense, i didn’t actually buy them, just read a few online to see if they might be the exception.

Even if you didn't read the comics the way she was presented as a careless fuck that forced Donald to raise her kids didn't paint her the best
She's mostly redeemed herself in that last episode to the point people are looking forward to seeing her again. S1 of this show couldn't pull it off

There are inconsistencies, like Donald wearing his black shirt he got in the pilot in the past.

Attached: F5225AE4-193F-4A02-811E-850C73A6852C.jpg (723x650, 243K)

In for the Donald episode. It could play like a classic short with that premise.

Webby’s new friend is a hummingbird named Violet Sabrewing.

Attached: 60A53946-3702-4028-A8EB-91E17F95C083.jpg (540x405, 27K)

>hummingbird
>looks to be relaxed, sassy black friend archetype instead
Isn't that kinda the exact opposite of a hummingbird? motherfuckers move at hyperspeed

Gay jealousy?

Hopefully

>Friendship Hates Magic!

Attached: 1525375723448.jpg (1200x900, 333K)

Fenton is already so much of a separate character from the general plot of Nu-Ducktales that you could pretty much just excise his episodes and put them in their own spinoff series and nothing would really change. Kind of an indicator of how bloated the Cast still is.

Posting the sign again?

Even her outfit is based on what actual bird looks like

Attached: tumblr_pqbwsuvoQi1wcibbzo1_1280.jpg (664x326, 61K)

>still watching dyketales

>violence a brewing
Subtle.

Attached: 71958500_p11.jpg (2500x1800, 396K)

If her “plans” involve kinky sex I’m in

>Yet another Webby subplot and subplot specific character
Probably gonna ending skipping that one.

Awww. I was kinda hoping that she represented a crow or a raven and was somehow a familiar of Magica.
Of course, she still can be, but she wouldn't be the raven familiar, that's for sure.

I always assumed Lena being a younger version of Magica

Go ahead and skip the whole series, this is the Webby show after all.

The second season is way better and is not a Webby season in the slightest

I like Lena, but not Webby. I'm more upset their idea of a good Donald episode is him trying to sleep.

Attached: Donald Krampus.jpg (1441x926, 447K)

Based Taliaferro.
And while I agree the plot sounds reductive as hell (it's literally the same plot of several classic shorts), it all lies in the execution.

Ugh, far too different from his design in those Italian comics.

>it all lies in the execution.
Which, given the crew, is sufficient reason to worry as they’re still pretty hit or miss.

I'll take whatever
He could be leading the whole thing but even then there's so many characters to balance that he wouldn't get the level of attention that he'd get in something like Caballeros

Most of these characters either should have just gotten their own spinoffs or just been cut entirely. There’s far too many as is And it feels like everyone is a side character.

You can pretty much cut out Fenton, and Launchpad, they have the least importance it seems.

Fenton is completely pointless. He was only added to act as a stand-in for Donald Duck since they cut him out of the Carl Barks stories they adapted in the 80s cartoon.

Actual question that can stem from this: If we cut the cast down dramatically who stays and who goes
Get ride of Gyro no one likes him in this

However, because now that Donald is in, Fenton can represent other people, and Gizmoduck was a popular character in the old 1987 cartoon, so he's in.
After all, the show is named DuckTales, and it's thus celebrating the animated duckverse as well as showing the old duckverse from the comics while adding its own things.
Just like DuckTales in 2047 will try to be its own thing while paying homage to the old versions from 1987 and the current 2017.

Homages shouldn’t come at the cost at the rest of the show though, and as it stands, Fenton is so far removed from everything else, that it’s barely like he’s even part of the same show. He’s not part of the McDuck’s, he doesn’t fill the role of the kindly inventor who the Ducks and McDucks turn to for help that’s opened up now that Gyro’s obnoxious. He’s not a particularly close friend of either Donald, Scrooge, or any of the main cast besides Huey really, he doesn’t even have his own subplot going on or tie into any of the other ones either, and he’s not even comic relief. He’s practically already in his own spinoff show. Whether he has a place in the Duckverse is up for debate, but it doesn’t change the fact that he already doesn’t have a place in this show.

Fenton is, first and foremost, Gizmoduck, the superhero. That's what he is, that's what he'll always be.

Launchpad can be funny, but push comes to shove, he’s not particularly vital narratively. Fenton really doesn’t have any room to be anything so i can’t even make a judgement on whether the charater itself is bad because he barely has any relevance to anything, but the fact that he’s just cutting into the show like that without really being a part of anything is reason enough that he could have been put elsewhere
However if we got rid of Nu-Gyro because he’s obnoxious, I wouldn’t mind having Fenton take his place.

Haven’t seen the episode yet, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say Violet doesn’t need to exist, because one Webby based subplot is already enough, she doesn’t really warrant two.

Duckworth, as he’s done absolutely nothing since he appeared so bringing him back was pointless.

Doofus, because why would you even bring him back? Nobody liked him in the original or even lamented any wasted potential because he had none.

And what does Gizmoduck have to do with anything in the Show? He’s just kinda there.

He's there in 2017 because DuckTales 1987 had Gizmoduck, and people really liked Gizmoduck in the 1987 cartoon.
That's how simple it is.

Did [thing] appear in the 1987 cartoon? Then it will at least appear once in the 2017 version. Did [rather obscure thing] appear in the comics, as long as it was made by Americans (example being Fethry or Rockerduck)? Then chances are that it might also appear in 2017.

Della duck FUCKS!

Then you agree he’s pointless and the most suitable for being cut, as his only reason for being in the show that he exists.

All side characters in this show exist for the sake of reminding people that they exist in the first place. As long as the writers think that they can make some interesting story about it, they'll try to have the character do something.
We can only judge how interesting the episode involving said side characters turned out to be after the episode has aired. Sometimes, it's good, sometimes, it's meh.

Not him but they can remove him, but how much space does that open up? Like at most appearances in 2 episodes? Not much of a effect.
If we really want to make a dent on the overbloated character list they need to start by going after characters that are being used improperly and take up a larger role like Donald

Fucks who?

I have yet to see Donald being improperly used in DT2017. Quite the contrary, he's been used quite fine.

Gyro.

You're suggesting they remove Donald? Or that they utilize him better?

>All side characters in this show exist for the sake of reminding people that they exist in the first place.
No, side characters exist to inprove the show by taking up spare space, this this shoe doesn’t have mind you to provide a character that can be decently entertaining and, in shows that actually have an over arching plot or try to (ie. Nu-Ducktales) beneficial and contributive to said plot. Aspects that fail to tie together in any significant way are referred to as filler. A character that only exists to remind people they exist is a bad character
>As long as the writers think that they can make some interesting story about it, they'll try to have the character do something.
Whether the story is interesting or not is irrelevant to the question. If it takes up the precious little time the show has to develop all it’s characters and different subplots for a dead end plot thread, it is by definition the least necessary l.
>We can only judge how interesting the episode involving said side characters turned out to be after the episode has aired.
No, not all. we can judge by lots of things. How good the previous was episodes have been. How good their handling of other aspects have been. Whether or not the episodes with said said character were truly necessary, or if their time could have been used for something more important. Nothin has to be judged in a vacuum
>Sometimes, it's good, sometimes, it's meh.
But if it’s completely separate from anything else, almost like it’s part of it’s own show, it doesn’t really need to be in there.

>but how much space does that open up? Like at most appearances in 2 episodes?
2 Whole Focus episodes, which is still noticeable. Besides the thought process is get rid of the least necessary characters. Going for the characters with the most screen time would be ridiculous.
>If we really want to make a dent on the overbloated character list they need to start by going after characters that are being used improperly and take up a larger role like Donald
>Getting rid of a character who not only has only slihhtly more screen time than launchpad, but who is extremely relevant to the plot and dynamics of other characters
I don’t know what kind of formula you’re using, but you clearly need to go back and recalculate.

Episodes like the ones introducing Fethry in the cartoon exist mainly for the purpose of making people aware that this character exists in the expanded duck comic settings. That is one of the purpose of the cartoon, to introduce kids to the whole wider universe of duck material while telling an action adventure comedy involving Donald Duck and his family, focusing on his uncle Scrooge, the triplet nephews and their friend Webby, as well as other characters.
That's why it's called Ducktales. It's the tales about Disney duck characters plus other associated people.

can someone explain who webby is and why we don't like her?

Attached: 72218493_p7.jpg (850x1024, 156K)

So I'm not the only one who's thought of it.

>posted in December
Or perhaps they're psychic, if we turn out to be right.

>That is one of the purpose of the cartoon, to introduce kids to the whole wider universe of duck material while telling an action adventure comedy involving Donald Duck and his family, focusing on his uncle Scrooge, the triplet nephews and their friend Webby, as well as other characters.
Have you watched either of the shows? Because the primary focus in both of them has been to tell stories of Scrooge plus family going on adventures around the world in search of fame and fortune, a la the Barks Adventure comics. It has never been a sampler platter of random Duck characters, if for no other reason than that Disney has never cared about promoting the comic Duck material or put much effort into making the tie-ins, so they’re was never anything to promote in the first place. Even the current show makes it clear that there is supposed to be a main plot centered on Donald, the Triplets, and Scrooge, even if they end up jumping all over the place.

Hence ONE of the purpose of the cartoon.

SomehowThis is actually more ridiculous than Duckcest. If it were at least regular Gyro it would he somewhat believable and not-trash, but Nu-Gyro is more of a tool than little Helper.

Except you’re still wrong because Disney doesn’t even draw attention to the inspiration for the show. How can the purpose of the cartoon be promoting and raising awareness for characters that don’t exist outside of that cartoon?

>but Nu-Gyro is more of a tool than little Helper
Exactly. Consider the Duck family's romantic history: Scrooge and Goldie, Hortense and Quackmore. Hatesex runs in the family.

Attached: 1552154485145.gif (480x270, 2.1M)

It is one of the purpose, just like another purpose is to modernize and/or adapt old favorite 1987 characters to the year 2017 in a big reboot. Then there's the purpose of telling an adventure story, another purpose is the attempt to make the mother of the triplets a more prominent character.
In the end, it's all about the brand in its various ways.

Don’t forget Donald and Daisy.

>It is one of the purpose,
But what leads you to believe that? You can’t just say things without justification
>it’s all about the brand
Fenton isn’t a brand, he’s a one off character who only exists in Ducktales, there’s no brand to promote, and even if there was, why would that be a goal worthy of recognition.

The brand is Disney characters, in this specific case, their duck characters and their friends that all exist around iconic mascot Donald Duck.

Again, you aren’t making any sense. The point of promoting something, is draw attention to other things they are in. Fenton is in nothing else, so there’s nothing to draw attention to besides itself, which is redundant because for someone to notice it, they’d have to already be watching it. Even from a marketing standpoint, Fenton is a dead end.

Fenton in the 2017 version is an attempt to give hispanics in the US another superhero icon to admire to.
The show writer Agones was quite clear about that.

>Scrooge and Goldie,
>Hortense and Quackmore
They actually liked each other though. They just enjoyed arguing and puttig up a fight. Gyro is just a self absorbed Narcissist, and when faced with actual opposition, He just acts passive aggressively petty instead standing up for himself. The pnly Duck relationship this actually lines up with is as said, Donald and Daisy, which everyone who knows more beyond the surface of it knows its trash.

>Fenton in the 2017 version is an attempt to give hispanics in the US another superhero icon to admire to.
Well that’s quite a departure from that whole brand thing you were trying to argue earlier. And also a shitty justification, as there likely plenty of other forgotten Hispanic superheroes in the mire that is big 2 Capeshit, and all the more reason Fenton should just have his own show and not steal time from another.

There is no deviation happening from it, as it's all inclusive, and the Disney conglomerate has form some tried to win the hispanic population for it, as for example exemplified in shows like Elena of Avalor, or Sofia the First (who was at first touted at being half-hispanic). Fenton in the 1987 cartoon was a Donald Duck replacement, who became popular enough thanks to having an alter ego secret identity as the superhero Gizmoduck. Now in 2017, Fenton is racelifted into a hispanic duck to make him different enough from Donald Duck, who himself plays a more major role in the 2017 version. The superhero identity remains. That allows the show writers to have some alternatives in storytelling instead of only focusing on the major main cast.

There doesn't need to be true love underneath the hate in this case. All it needed was for things to boil over just one time, and boom, triplets.

>They just enjoyed arguing and putting up a fight
I'm sure she did.

Attached: Hortense_and_Quackmore's_photo.jpg (848x452, 152K)

>There is no deviation happening from it,
No no, jumping from branding to hispanic representation is a massive jump. Hispanics aren’t a brand

Its it's all inclusive, and the Disney conglomerate has form some tried to win the hispanic population for it, as for example exemplified in shows like Elena of Avalor, or Sofia the First (who was at first touted at being half-hispanic).

>Fenton in the 1987 cartoon was a Donald Duck replacement, who became popular enough thanks to having an alter ego secret identity as the superhero Gizmoduck. Now in 2017, Fenton is racelifted into a hispanic duck to make him different enough from Donald Duck, who himself plays a more major role in the 2017 version. The superhero identity remains. That allows the show writers to have some alternatives in storytelling instead of only focusing on the major main cast.
You mean to waste time on filler content instead of actually giving the main vast proper time for their arcs. Which again is what i’ve been say this whole time.

You seem absolutely intent on talking in circles, but you’ve failed to provide a single reason why the show would be made worse by removing him. So far, all you’ve done is acknowledge how extraneous he is, and how little his character ties into anything that’s going on by going on about how important he is for branding, when a good character can have their existence justified without resorting to talking about marking and profit margins in the first place.

Attached: EA19A019-7B05-40CB-BCD8-A5AF36DE98E4.jpg (540x188, 65K)

I'd have thought Scrooge would thrash anyone who'd deflower his sweet innocent sister, especially some no name American farmer.

Attached: 71090359_p8.jpg (2000x2000, 297K)

Disney mascot characters are a brand, and mascots are that much more effective if people like them because they share some elements with the target audience. Fenton, who primarily exists in DT2017 because a version of him existed in DT1987, now also has the added job of being a role model for young hispanics.

So again, you’re agreeing that he only exists in the show because he existed before, snd that off all the characters, he has the least REAL reason to be there.

Should have been the Cabs also but ah well
That would actually be Webby

For better or for worse, they’re at least trying to make Webby relevant to the Story. Fenton’s literally just there.

Always cute

Attached: E850E5BA-5190-4870-9F62-5E6195E6256E.jpg (600x338, 64K)

Here's the description for outlaw

>The Outlaw Scrooge McDuck
>In the Old West, Scrooge and Goldie form a band of outlaws and stage a heist to save a small town from corrupt businessman John D. Rockerduck.

Attached: outlaw.png (804x175, 13K)

so, is a character from the past? This is disappointing.

Out of the triplets, which would you consider to be most similar to you as a kid?

Seeing that the alien subplot is going to have multiple episodes dedicated to it is making me seriously start thinking about dropping the show. I was enjoying the last episode well enough until they showed up.

As others have said, the cast is too bloated already. Now I need to care about two random aliens who will likely become important to the entire season’s plot (and possibly be important for future seasons)? Check please. I’m out.

@107230170
Nobody is going to miss you if you were to leave the discussions forever.
Unfortunately, you won't actually leave the threads, and you'll come to make your lame meme jokes over and over again.

The @ is deliberate.

Dewey, and I am deeply ashamed of it.

Curious as to how they'll bridge Della's moon plot with a Donald on earth subplot. Could they be connected somehow? Could Donald's dreams actually get good screentime and get into dramatic territory?

I am so stoked to see more of what Webby's idea of romance is
But how will the triplets treat Violet

Attached: 1550566108701.png (1280x4020, 2.75M)

I was a goody two-shoes with shitty people skills.
Huey.

Yeah the moon episode absolutely helped.

Same

Hopefully one falls in love

Which triplet is a romantic? Fucking none loser lol

Doofus Drake

Yurifag tears are delicious.

>Literally the upcoming episode involves the dorkiest of them helping a guy be romantic
Guess again kiddo

Dewey is the most likely being the adventurous one

From latest promo

Attached: tumblr_inline_pqmjkfpwR51vcl97q_1280.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Being the “adventurous one” has granted him any competence before, i don’t see why it would now.

Attached: img_0582.png (1446x813, 728K)

Is it better or worse than the 1987 cartoon?

I'm definitely getting some "Magica trying to get Webby to do a spell" vibes here

Gross!
Oh god

>

Attached: Bless me Bagpipes.gif (600x338, 1.55M)

>Lena's been brought back by a seance
Why didn't Webby think of that sooner?

Attached: troublemaker___ducktales_2017_by_koizumi_marichan-dcfqamo.png (1150x1250, 1.29M)

Guess she remembered she has a magic book.

Attached: The Grimoire du Merlock.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

I want more of them.

So why does Yea Forums hate webby so much?

>she's wearing the bracelet
Neat.

Attached: Necronomiduck.png (1440x900, 698K)

>Webby
>Thinking

Its a screen cap from season one.

That is the money shark amulet?

Looks like the necklace she wore.

Attached: bin-1.png (1280x720, 252K)

yup

>money tree seed

Attached: Vlcsnap-2013-10-12-10h03m24s102.png (185x139, 48K)

money shark one was a different amulet.

Attached: money shark amulet.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

1. she got, and to a lesser degree still gets, far too much importance placed on her, getting more character development than the Triplets do and getting to be pivotal in two major subplots while Huey and Louie didn’t even have one until far into the first season, and generally taking time that could have gone to more beloved characters
2. The shows tries to force this image of her being super lovable and endearing by being in your face about it, which just ends up doing the opposite and making her some off as forced, intrusive, and annoying. The same goes with how they try to push her as “part of the family”
3. She doesn’t like Best Boy
4. She doesn’t like Best Boy
I know The last one is the same, but it was worth mentioning twice.

Louie tries to get Dewey to smoke weed with him but Huey tries to stop him, which side will Webby take? A very special Donald talks about Vietnam episode

Attached: FC147199-55D5-4485-89E5-B7BC0CC4A0E9.jpg (317x189, 24K)

There's one way to convince him

Attached: 1555814270087.png (980x730, 116K)

Best Boy was said to have "what might be his finest moment" in this season according to Angones. Any bets, Yea Forums?

Donald vs the Moon army.

Attached: 9D26E44A-DE0A-4FA7-BD3D-F07066ABE7BC.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

His finest moments were in Caballeros but what said he's going to save his sister and beat the fuck out of those aliens

The Promo also shows Della in a functional rocket.

Attached: D13BAA58-D3A7-47E0-85A3-CCCA187246FC.png (723x407, 196K)

I want Donald to destroy my things

>Bomb format
I thought Disney stopped doing that.

Oh if only. I'd kill for that to occur. It'd also be quite the way to tie in the two seemingly unrelated storylines.

>3. She doesn’t like Best Boy
>4. She doesn’t like Best Boy
If by Best Boy you're referring to Donald Duck, then everyone likes him. She however doesn't have a girlcrush on him. That is reserved for Scrooge McDuck, the paternal figure she never had but grew up with for a few years.

This ship good

Attached: tumblr_inline_p0q211jWbc1usgc2i_1280.png (1280x853, 180K)

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but there's now a sneak peek.

youtu.be/PtT4QHHt5N8

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-27-19-21-27.png (1280x720, 750K)

>updated Dijon

Attached: My_074ErickAvariOdedFehr.jpg (487x672, 124K)

I don't know, she's shown more dismissal or him than anything else, at least in S1.

So the warrior is called Djinn, and not Dijon? Awww, kinda sad about that.

What if his name really is Dijon, and he calls himself Djinn because it's a less embarrassing name?

Sorry to hear that

I wish that I was more like Huey when I was a kid. I don't know why though

Ooooooooooooo wtf

You You Got Got To Be Shitting ME

Does Webby think Lena will come back or WHAT IS GOING AAAAAAAAAAA

How would the show be different if the triplets had the same personality from each triplet (e.g. How would it be different if the triplets all had Huey's personality? How about Dewey's and Louie's?)?

>All Triplets Were Huey
They would be like the normal Triplets at they’re most virtuous but without the competence to really do much, as for some reason the show has decided to nerf the shit out of the junior woodchucks
>All Louies
They’d be a mix of the normal Triplets at their most vicious and the Triplets in that one “It’s a wonderful Life” parody story, where they were raised by Gladstone and became obese shut-in couch potatoes. They’d have the self interest of the former, but with less sadism, and the laziness and lackluster work ethic of the latter, but not to the same degree.

>All Deweys
Peak Poochie.

>If by Best Boy you're referring to Donald Duck, then everyone likes him.
I don’t think she’s even addressed him directly once in the entirety of the first season. The closest I recall was her hurriedly saying she needed to use his kitchen in the first part of the finale, and when she got snippy and agitated when the Triplets were trying to have a heartfelt moment with their father-in-everything-but-name. Even Beakly when she thought he was just an incompetent oaf at least still addressed him and didn’t just act like he was a random Bystander. It’s a bit hard to call Webby “Part of the Family” when she literally only cares about being family to Scrooge. Also
>not having a crush on Donald
That’s pretty shit taste

>It’s a bit hard to call Webby “Part of the Family” when she literally only cares about being family to Scrooge.

This is a huge flaw especially.

Does he still work for Merlock.

Attached: 57473F29-E155-4385-9D47-8F7C838DBC03.png (769x961, 873K)

I was just watching the first episode where the triplets were calling Donald shit and Webby had to she them what an adventure Donald was

Attached: the-secret-service-doesnt-yell-get-down-when-the-president-16498789.png (500x911, 188K)

Wait, Inception ripped off Don Rosa?

It's a given, since both were a Donald replacement in the original Ducktales cartoon

Well the concept of going in to dreams isn’t a unique one.

Attached: 3E4EBDC7-72A7-48F1-AF7A-6DE440246FC4.jpg (604x422, 68K)

He looks less like a grand wizard, and more like the kind of guy you’d see carrying a letter of marque and sailing around the Atlantic, raiding whatever merchant ships happened to cross his path.

Based!
Skip all Webby episodes on principles.
Discourage them with the ratings.

>Discourage them with the ratings.
Unless his house has a Nielsen box it doesn't matter

>Arab
>named after a French city
What did they meant by this anyway?

Is she pulling a
youtube.com/watch?v=DJQHFfA5mVs
like in the comics?

He's named after the mustard. He had a brother named Poupon in the original series.

The pilot was kind of an outlier and rather misleading when it came to the overall quality and direction of their of the first season

And even then She didn’t really credit him so much, as just mention by association of him being Scrooge’s sidekick.

>From Greedy Coward to Badass

Poupon was also a member of a group that protected the golden goose.

Attached: 33719F3D-94F0-4C52-8722-B040B2C33001.jpg (789x541, 57K)

I feel like the all Hueys option would be fairly useful

Attached: 571B7FBC-89D6-43B6-BFE8-60E826B696DD.jpg (600x427, 166K)

Seeing a whole lot of webby in those synopses

Attached: 1524692156285.jpg (734x927, 92K)

Better

Has anyone from the Netherlands watched the new episode?

No one cares about the original 1987 show because it was mediocre, and was only relevant for being slightly less so than its competitors.

Yes and it sucked. No Scrooge, no Donald, no nephews. It was only Webby, Lena and that new Violet character, and then a brief b-plot with Launchpad and Beakley.

I didn't, I don't live in Netherlands, but if someone recorded the episode in English, I'll be glad to see the link.

What happened

Webby and her friend tried to summon Lena from the shadow Kingdom, and there was all this hullabaloo about how Webby shouldn't trust Violet and all that. They briefly end up in the shadow Kingdom themselves, and Webby is reunited with Lena blah blah. The b plot was about Mrs Beakley who realized she had no friends so she started socializing with Launchpad and watching Darkwing Duck with him

Launchley! Beakpad! Buff fucking ducks!

Attached: 1556407440702.jpg (387x437, 41K)

How come I didn't expect that ship holy crap

Huey can't be THAT dorky

I can imagine Donald's voice saying 'marijuana'
"It's cannabis"
"Did you buy it from the street corner?!"
"Yeah, that shop. It's legal you know"
"Louie...don't tell your brothers"

Dellapad BTFO

Who else?

Attached: 69AF3590-4677-4E3F-A0CC-48A11E52C342.jpg (537x395, 74K)

Attached: 12414705-50B2-47BA-9066-699041B4262A.jpg (750x502, 86K)

>two buffest ducks get together
It'd be like seeing Tanya and Grim date. RIP BeakleyxDonald.
They're gonna have to work very hard to dodge the mother and father vibes when Della and Donald are reunited and start disagreeing on HDL's activities.

Attached: 1504487611047.jpg (994x647, 351K)

They’ll probably have to introduce Daisy or something.

Attached: 214C6311-0C7D-4AF7-BBB6-103B7275D84B.jpg (454x255, 30K)

>Implying they’re going to dodge them
>Implying they haven’t already planned and made at least one “Mom and Dad are fighting” or “Bickering like a married couple joke” between Donald and Della for Season 3, either knowingly or unaware of the implications

Attached: B4AAC965-1AD6-4A3D-9319-F84D5C84BC98.jpg (1024x576, 89K)

It's going to be really hard to be fair. One is their biological mother and one is the father that raised them
They might escape that vibe for the general public but Yea Forums is going to roll with it completely that they are a couple

>Implying that’ll help
The last time Daisy was in a show, people started shipping Donald with little girls instead, and that was in a cartoon with much better writing and more endearing characters.

Attached: 49153F6D-8B8D-421A-9200-C1A7C87CA045.jpg (1280x679, 119K)

Donald got shipped with everyone in that show besides the bear

And i can guarantee that if Daisy hadn’t been there being a shit every other episode, there would likely only have been half the amount there was.

>RIP BeakleyxDonald
It was fun for the 10 minutes it lasted

Attached: 76B9B8D5-734E-44A1-9912-318B18AADA82.png (723x407, 350K)

Why is Webby suddenly wearing the friendship bracelet when she hasn't all season? Does she only remember Lena when it's convenient for her?

Attached: D5QGF6mU4AM418x.jpg (993x1200, 118K)

Attached: D5QGF5zUYAATDZZ.jpg (993x909, 84K)

To be fair, it was established early on April shipped with Donald, June with Panchito, and May got Jose. Though there was a post that suggested the reverse of June crushing on Jose, while May got Panchito.
Never saw and Xandra and Donald, but it was canon Jose liked her.

Attached: dirtylaundry.webm (850x480, 2.65M)

Either that or nobody bothered to remind the Animators to draw her with it.

Attached: D5QGF5yUcAA6qRh.jpg (547x563, 31K)

>To be fair, it was established early on April shipped with Donald,
It was halfway through the show
>Never saw Donald and Xandra.
It was there, although not as prominent.

>fair-weather friend
All I can think about with Webby is this.
>Either that or nobody bothered to remind the Animators to draw her with it.
They couldn't be that lazy.

Attached: trixie rip.gif (450x340, 1.2M)

I would be disappointed if there was a hot lady that Jose was not canon into, that's literally him as a character
The real question people have if he's also into guys

Isn't Launchpad a goddamn pelican

Attached: tumblr_po66b7aAs81wv74rp_1280.png (1280x720, 598K)

>blistering sexual tension

Here I thought Beakley was the nu darkwing, they are just playing around

true, but they did give us fethry as a money bin lab intern

Attached: D5DMSydU4AcTdtc.jpg (1025x599, 141K)

We're being punished for getting that Fethry design instead of his adorable comic design

>spoiler
Maybe considering how he and Donald act. Sheldgoose for sure has the gay.

Attached: rugcuttingskills.webm (850x480, 1.46M)

Someone was able to upload a snippet clip in English

youtube.com/watch?v=F34o2nEiEvY

AHH! I need this full episode link, there's so much spoilers right now!

I don't know if I want to see this episode first being spoiled tbqh
All the Webby stuff first didn't help season 1 of this show

He’s a duck his last name is Mcquack. It’s just that his bill is stylized to look like a chin.

Donald gets shipped with everyone in general.

I thought she had actually developed some of a bond with Donald?

all fethry designs are adorable, you coward

Attached: 5bf73ba987d45d4128a4ed1ed67fdca7.png (625x341, 265K)

She developed a respect for him, but she never really hung out with him personally

I’ll be honest, Whether we got the Webby stuff now or later, wouldn’t change my opinion of her or her episodes. They’d still be there, in the form they’re in anyways.

>Lena looks at Bedshee
>”Ugh, how Cliche”
>proceeds to use Bedsheet to manifest physically anyways
This is a Pattern with the show. They stop and take a moment to point out a trop as a trope, but then proceed to follow it with little to no deviation anyways. Why?

I’d like to think he is, at least for Donald.

Attached: 802A1276-B932-4586-9951-D4618F01559F.jpg (204x236, 30K)

A bit of a shield they use for their “cool, ironic” nature
They can’t think of strong arcs or jokes so they go with cliches. But even though they do the cliche they tell you it’s a stupid cliche so it’s ok

Who would have thought that teenagers like Lena who think they're above cliche stuff end up being forced to do cliche stuff because it's in the end still the most effective way to do things?
Not you, that's for sure.

Acknowledging the trope and bc its the only available option

It’s a patter with the whole show, not just Lena. And what’s the point of being snarky about the trope if you’re gpijg to do it anyways. They’d be better off not drawing attention to the fact that it is a trope at all at that point.

Fool! Webby is for worship!

I just noticed how pink Webby is

It is her favorite color.

I have a damn friend bracelet I don't wear all the time
I mean her white feathers are like celestia pink

Wait, they renamed that Brazilian parrot into Jose?
Why? Do they think they speak Spanish in Brazil?

Did your best friend die? Tragically? While trying to save you?

No, he’s still named José Carioca.

It's still written as and is José, I just am American and English keyboards don't have the accent e so it's easier then copy and pasting
However, now that you brought it up, it's been infamous recently that western media with José is regularly using the Spanish pronunciation instead of his proper Brazilian pronunciation.

It is in a shrine

Would she drive a pink car? I'd drive a pink car.

Maybe that is just the lighting

Attached: Quiz_Tile_DuckTales-BFF.png (820x615, 139K)

>broke up with him on his birthday
>Dapper
>let Donald foot the bill for their date
>cost the wrestling match
>faced no reflection time in the spa
Was there a single time in 3cabs of Daisy being good?

Hop in

Attached: Barbie and her car.jpg (400x400, 22K)

The name’s the same, just no one’s going to bother looking for of copy-pasting the letters with squiggles over them.

Yuss

Attached: 8538eec8ec6305f51af95e74885f46af.jpg (640x640, 51K)

Team lime green master race

That’s what happens when your canon love interest is the worst
She solved a puzzle and reassembled the will at the end...that’s it.

It’s like they tried to be accurate to comics Daisy, but expected viewers to like and Sympathize with her like the general public does, not realizing the only reason the general public likes her is because they only have a surface level knowledge and don’t see what a bitch she is in the comics

Attached: 5415A90E-982D-4FFF-A264-7833E75F7B50.jpg (1380x486, 210K)

I think part of the issue is that, unlike Hortense and Quackmore, Donald and Daisy are never shown to have the mutual anger played as why they're attracted to each other. When Hortense yells at Quackmore it's not one-sided abuse he shouts back and there's an even ground. I think even a recent Mickey Mouse short had them both bickering nonstop compared to Mickey and Minnie, but it gave them chemistry. I think if Donald were to get mad at and with Daisy instead of being a battered spouse, Daisy would be somewhat likeable. 3Cabs played up their kiss as triumphant, but when you step back to look at it, things look fucked.

Attached: His smile and optimism GONE.jpg (1138x386, 211K)

>Matching family road trip shirts
>Excited over a secret handshake
>Loves being a Junior Woodchuck
He probably is

Attached: D6A19C50-0E99-4C4B-96FA-C3DB93A71B31.jpg (1024x576, 186K)

I’m still in the boat that they had to put Daisy in because of the wishes of corporate. It’s not like they were unaware of her shittyness, you can tell some of the characters are really disturbed by Daisy’s actions at times and are not comfortable with her as a whole. And if you want to go really far you can argue that them not saying anything to not risk breaking the group could mirror the creators not objecting putting in Daisy so they didn’t lose the show
Even with Daisy that the show became an instant Yea Forums classic shows how strong it is. That just feels like meddling to me tbqh

I like how in the new kingdom hearts there's a scene where they're talking about happy romances and donald literally says "like with me and daisy".

Wish I could remember exactly what part so I could post it.

Do the others give him skeptical looks when he says that?

youtube.com/watch?v=ahpI-tPeccc
at the 36 minute mark is the start of the conversation, donald compares anna/kris to him and daisy

Attached: dd.png (716x432, 650K)

Wasted opportunity.

She could be a Chris Tucker type but with a girl voice

>incel meets feminazi

And if anyone wants their one interaction in the game.

Attached: dd1.png (836x468, 878K)

you wish

I still prefer their stormy dysfunctional relationship to Mickey and Minnie's. Couples who don't fight feel unnatural to me.

Shitting on their relationship is common even from official stuff
European comics exist solely to mock the corporate forcing of them being together and that Donald would be better elsewhere

Ehh, I could do without the asymmetrical hairs sticking out, especially under his chin.

Best couple coming through

Attached: disneyfandaze7.png (974x1462, 1.82M)

Daisy was pink in one short.

Attached: 6a8d503aa5cce1728af85e55166fa774.png (1087x814, 513K)

>420 children
Catholic demographic secured.

Bit odd for this universe

Is it really though? They’re already walking talking ducks.

I guess they could be alien ducks who like to play hockey. That'd be weird.

Attached: Della's new leg.gif (600x338, 2.71M)

Still waiting for Daisy to appear in DT

Or ruthless backstabbing Lanky Alien Ducks that come from a Pirate empire that feed on the emotions of suffering and raid planets for people to turn into slaves, feel-food, and braindead abominations that they use as foot soldiers.

Attached: 0D842B0D-BD6B-424A-A7A1-C0CB7A56DA74.jpg (195x299, 13K)

Daisy is still worse

Are there scanlations of PKNA?

There were, but i think the Mouse did a Purge when IDW started officially translating them. Some might still be floating around though.

>Go on an incredibly long hiatus
>Comes back airing new episodes daily just so it can go on hiatus for another several months.

Whoever is scheduling this for Disney needs to get fired.

>IDW started officially translating them
Are those any good?

Gandra will be Fem Ghostbusters Kate McKinnon Holtzmann type. Probably voiced by her too.

Makes me wonder how Disney Plus show production will go.

Here
bankingtheduck.blogspot.com/p/download-links.html?m=1

Probably releasing a whole season at once or doing the Netflix and making one order but splitting it into two seasons
Which might work for those binging but it sucks when you don’t get a buildup, anticipation and speculation for the next episode

>Which might work for those binging but it sucks when you don’t get a buildup, anticipation and speculation for the next episode
I can agree. Back when Flipanon (may he rest in peace) was leaking Lot3C, I liked that he did it at a rate of about one per night. It was fun talking about all of it while we all waited for the next one.

Nope, Gandra is gonna be voiced by Jameela Jamil

They are ok, but it looks like they stopped translating them or are taking a break. There are some slight changes like lyla Lay now being named Lyla Lee.

Her only use would be to bring her nieces along who were way better than her.

>Implying the nu-DT crew wouldn’t fuck them up like they did the Cabs

>like they did the Cabs

Attached: 1542020618017.jpg (1111x1426, 351K)

What a terrible subplot to use them for.

If April, May and June came back they wouldn't be like the show, it would be its own take on their comic personas
Absolutely fucking cursed

By far the most cliched in the series and they play it entirely straight after mocking trite tropes every other episode.

Darned shame.

Attached: 114E216D-9FC7-4B56-9139-675248CBA3FE.jpg (500x388, 92K)

Disney is incompetent

Webby not good
Pink duck bad

>it would be its own take on their comic personas
They have comic personas? I thought one of the big surprises of 3Cabs was giving them some semblance of personality besides female triplets that'd show up now and again.

They don't have much in the way of separate personas, but the dutch Duckies comics have a fairly established take on them.
Do keep in mind that Della's backstory is clearly inspired (bordering on outright adapted) from a dutch comic, so it's not like they don't know about the dutch take.

Attached: Duckies.jpg (905x253, 78K)

It’s such a no brainer even Bubba gets it.

Ok I ran a shoddy google translation and don't get the joke.
>what does it taste dirty
>So what? You know that Katrien cannot prepare fish.
>Do the ladies have comments again? I already prepared fish before you were born.
>We will certainly eat that now

Attached: Duckies.png (1090x1513, 3.18M)

user who posted it here, I'm swedish, and dutch is fairly simple to get for me:
>BAH! That tastes bad!
>So what?(Probably works better as "What's your point?") You already knew Daisy can't prepare fish.
>Do the ladies have complaints again? I already prepared fish before you were born!
>Ha! Ha! Surely that is what we are eating now?

This is what annoyed me the most about the Caballeros episode. They obviously do research, read these things, try to make references and connections. So why would they not understand the characters and use the most trope plot device that makes the characters everything they are not?
It annoys me because they really aren’t hard to write

Thanks user really clears it up.

As people were saying before about the show, they adhere to the word, but miss the spirit of the matter.

When is nu webby going to jog in a tracksuit and Walkman I want my fanservice

Attached: Webbigail-Webby-Vanderquack-image-webbigail-webby-vanderquack-36150885-258-376.gif (258x376, 27K)

Why would this be fanservice

When people like Tile guy exist, anything can be fan service

I was thinking about it, if 3 cabs could make constant mommy and daddy jokes about Leopold, Ducktales should be able to do it as well.

Attached: hugs___ducktales_2017_by_koizumi_marichan-dbt5noo.png (1100x1210, 681K)

Webby being fit, her flippers slapping the ground, new outfit, she could listen to a WaddlePod, her shadow would be out

Attached: ddr_styled_ducktales_portrait__webby_and_lena__by_coddry_dcwvh62-pre.jpg (609x1311, 154K)

>her shadow would be out
Takes the phrase "Sun's out guns out" to new heights.