Tropes

One trope you love
One you hate
One more of these, then never again (for now)

>Comedy trios. Such fun
>Motherfucking liar revealed scenes

Attached: 1555513192653.png (270x257, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xyp2-Ol6MD8
youtube.com/watch?v=QD6rVgbnVbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Musical episode where the voice actors actually sing
>If you kill the villain you are just as bad as them

Attached: Dt4duGiWoAA6VTv.jpg (680x751, 76K)

>Old villian comes back to kick the crap out of his supposedly super awesome usurper
>Death is personified by a normal looking hot chick.

>villains with loving relationships
>when a show thinks they’re smart by subverting expectations but actually just makes it boring
looking at you, Star Vs

Love: Female villain secret crush on main hero

Hate: Also hate "kill the villain then you're no better than them" crap like mentioned. Absolute bullshit. You can kill one person who has killed millions, and then never kill again, and the world will praise you as a hero for all time, and you'd never become like the villain ever.

Attached: Malcador the Hero.jpg (300x297, 22K)

only time I enjoyed that trope was with Yakuza 0, but all the guys in that game aren't complete heroes.

>villainess has a crush on the hero
>it's a 'girls are smarter' episode

Attached: 1494032116681.png (642x371, 9K)

>In-universe superheroes with a goofy silver-age feel to them
>4th wall breaking. It was funny at first, but now it feels like any show trying to be "different" will do at least one per episode.

>tfw you grow up and realize girls are in fact NOT smarter, and you were tricked into giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Not saying they're dummies, but it seems like they keep trying to remind themselves of something that isn't true in order to make it seem true.

Trope I love:
>harmless side character was the main villain all along, pulling the strings from the shadows
Trope I hate:
>character who was killed off for dramatic effect is brought back to life
this shit honestly pisses me off so much because it takes away all the suspense.

Rosswell Conspiracies did the first trope masterfully.

Hard to name a favorite, but it sure is easy to list tropes you hate
>Asspull villains
>Asspull abilities for heroes
>Character sheds a tear, revives another because of feelings

I know what you are talking about, but I never saw the show to completion, why did the conspiracy dude wanted in the first place? Rinaker was preparing the invasion without any problem so why was he trying to attack the base?

>Robot learns to love which leads to heroic sacrifice
>It's a guuurrlll power epsiode

>character says something meta
>the characters look at the viewer right after

Attached: 1553389476136.jpg (1280x708, 193K)

FUCKING RIGHT? I HATE THAT.

It used to have some wit to it, at least. Now as long as the character looks at the screen, people will eat it up.

Attached: 1556134262943.jpg (600x439, 23K)

>We see a vision/alternate world of what the villains would have been like if they didn't turn evil or the heroes went bad
Ballin'
>Twist villain that was pretending to be a good guy through the whole movie
Bawlin'

I honestly can't remember, it's been years. I just remember how surprising it was that the guy seemed to actually be a former agent, and then revealed to be that alien that even the main character couldn't see past. Think it was because he made a clone and inhabited the body rather than that hologram thing the other aliens had.

>Villain or Side-Character is God-tier superpowerfull
>they're an idiot/have no common sense or idea of how to utilise their powers
Not to be confused with the Joke Character whose secretly a badass.

Although both get awesome moments when they finally curbstomp a fight.

Forgot hate

>The "other" love interest in a love triangle dumps the MC because they recognise that the MC will be happier with Main Love Interest

I think it started so that the Other Girl/Boy would be allowed agency in the breakup instead of being killed/become the designated asshole. But by now it feels like a cop out where the MC is benevolent given an out on a silver platter.

>>Character sheds a tear, revives another because of feelings
I like this one.
Blame Pokemon.

Love: will they wont they romantic drama between two characters that are obviously going to end up together in the end but neither is confident to tell the other how they feel.

hate: sympathetic villains

>MC is divorced from their love interest and they are with another person now
>Usually because MC is a slacker jackass or something
>Other person turns evil or flat dies out of nowhere so that MC and love interest can magically decide they love each other again
It's not Yea Forums but the dude in that 2012 movie gets absolutely FUCKED by the narrative so that John Cusack can get some pussy at the end

>Character has to hang out around kids
>Dresses "cool" and uses slang to blend in

Anyone know of shows that do this?

That also sucks.
I need a love triangle situation where the MC actually has to face some consequences when breaking up to he with the one.

Love: A being being beyond our understanding imparts wisdom to the main character.

Hate: Will they won't they romance stories.

Adventure Time has Jake doing it with Bronwyn in that one episode.

The real question is if there’s one where a female does it. It’s always a father figure or male teacher.

Attached: AF03B915-E3C4-4B17-9940-3E0B96BAA852.jpg (1200x800, 162K)

Bob’s Burgers?

I remember that episode of Ginger when Dodie's devilcunt mother becomes a substitute teacher and starts trying to hang with the popular girls

So this?
youtu.be/xyp2-Ol6MD8

Its mainly mothers

What episode?

“Bob, Actually.”

Attached: DF9A28FB-B641-4744-A281-619A24DB41D3.png (925x503, 450K)

Love
>AI sentience questioning life/love and achieving it (Mother Fucking Iron Giant/Legion from Mass Effect/Tachikomas from Ghost in the Shell/Wall-E)

Despise with a burning passion. It's a tie.
>Love. Fucking. Triangles.
>I'll never forgive you!

Attached: 1474002861751.jpg (500x422, 136K)

>Characters are shown alternate universe versions of themselves
>Hero allows villain to live, villain attacks hero while their guard is down and then dies to the environment

One trope I love: Superhero and villain have a sort of business-only relationship, and are somewhat like friends outside of it. There's a better term for it, but think Doofenshmirtz and Perry from Phineas and Ferb

Venture Bros?

Trope I love:
>The ineffectual, comedic villain is shown to actually be a huge badass when going up against characters other than the protagonists.
Trope I hate:
>The stakes are higher than ever.
>"You must (insert action here)!"
>"But I suck at doing (insert action here)!" or "But I'm only a beginner!"
>"You have to! You're our only hope..."
>*Character proceeds to perform the action flawlessly as if he were a pro*

>>Hero allows villain to live, villain attacks hero while their guard is down and then dies to the environment

I fucking haaaaaaaate this

>I would never kill you, villain
>Villain dies of a heart attack

The villain gets taken care of without any thought or any care in this one just to wrap up the story

youtube.com/watch?v=QD6rVgbnVbA

>Mother's MUH HONORABUR CUSTOMS FOR DUELS shit prevents them from just dogpiling Saxon and ending the fight quickly
>Daughter refuses to finish the fight herself
>Mother intervenes anyways to save the retard

Attached: disgust.jpg (225x225, 4K)

The correct way to do a love triangle is to establish a see-saw power dynamic. The interest of a love triangle isn't in the romance, but the power play. However, no one knows this because they see the 'love' in love triangle and assume it's a romantic trope.

Hate:

>Indiana Jones boulder parody
>followed by Matrix dodging

>hero is about to be killed by the villain
>they flinch as they hear a gunshot / blood splat / other, but don't die and look up
>the villain is standing there shocked and falls down
>the weak, young, or otherwise ineffectual character has the gun or sword and goes, "Dude. That. Was. Awesome."

>Pissed off Nice Guy Rampage
>Liar Revealed

>character A and character B develop their relationship over time
>character A and character B become true love ever afters in the span of a single day

>Character is seemingly crushed by heavy object, but it’s revealed they caught it, then they lift it
>Characters are childhood sweethearts who have never been with other people besides eachother

>>Characters are childhood sweethearts who have never been with other people besides eachother

I'd take this one case by case on the basis of execution and wouldn't reject it out of hand

Love
>The "good" and "bad" sides are both equally awful.

Hate
>"Chaos is the natural order! Anyone can be like me with a little push!" And anything remotely resembling Ledger Joker.

why are there more women in universities and girls do better in school than boys pretty much everywhere in the world where women can attend school. even in fucking bangladesh girls do better in math than boys.

man i love that.
any more examples?

Isn't that the same with the flash and his rogues?.