New Animated Star Trek series greenlit at Nick

variety.com/2019/tv/news/animated-star-trek-series-nickleodeon-greenlight-1203196492/

New Animated Star Trek series greenlit at Nick.

>The new CG-animated series will follow a group of lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship and use it to search for adventure, meaning and salvation.

Attached: Broccoli.jpg (974x720, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K5Po40kvI9c
youtube.com/watch?v=X51wWBoB-KE&list=PL92Mqw47UTUid7rSUttnm4cIPbv904md-&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=ngsqaRD2HI8&list=PL92Mqw47UTUid7rSUttnm4cIPbv904md-&index=10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sounds a bit shit.

>TV budget CG
aaaaand it’s shit

>CG-animated
Dropped. Might be a good series especially compared to what Nick has now

desu it kinda does, they should've just done a normal trek show just animated

Is it a fucking runabout

The big ships have a large crew for a fucking reason, it's not goddamn Star Wars

Besides Jimmy Neutron has there ever been a show better off as CG?

Star Wars: The Clone Wars had good animation

How many fucking TV shows are they making now? Discovery is still going, then there's its spin-off, then there's the Picard show, then there's the adult cartoon they announced, and now this. Holy shit, they're doing the same thing Disney did with Star Wars, I wonder which one will be their Solo.

Only because of Uncle George's deep pockets

True. Thing is George Lucas was shelling out over a million dollars of his own money per episode, and even more on the later seasons.

At best it'll look like rebels.

>lawless teens
>in Star Trek
Okay, Yea Forums, what are the species going to be? How close to the Burger King Kids Club are they going to get?
How gay is it going to be?

Attached: Burger-King-Kids-Club-burger-king-39681565-751-517.jpg (751x517, 175K)

They did it better 20 years ago, it was called Space Cases.

Attached: MV5BOGQ1YmI0MjQtZDY3Zi00NDk5LTg5ZTAtMjQ4NGIwY2NjMzg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg (480x320, 182K)

Picard is the only one actually greenlit by CBS, and it was supposed to start filming last Monday. It's hasn't started yet. The companies that license Trek for toys, t-shirts, models and the like all told CBS to pound sand. They know that diehard TRek fans hate STD and they saw Picard was a continuation of STF and not TNG. Picard was going to be the head of Section 31. CBS makes their big money from Trek merchandise and it's not gonna get any unless they start over with the look and tone of the show. The delay will cost them millions. So they're number crunching what will be the bigger loss: Picard without any connection to TNG or one that ties into canon.

>CG

Doomed from the start

Attached: IMG_0772.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

I hope this ends the same way as the last time Starfleet had a ship crewed by teenagers.

Aren't those things short range impulse speed only, and basically a death sentence if you tried to use one for interstellar travel?

The series started filming yesterday

Exactly there's no real way this works unless this is a new warp capable ship built for a small crew

Catalina best girl

>Peter David co-created this
wtf

You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Not only is it CG, but it's about some fucking retard ass kids finding what is most likely a runabout.
I always wanted a good, modern TNG or DS9 style animated Star Trek, and this is most definitely not that.

Attached: 1528746740462.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

>star treck
>lawless teens

lulwhat?

You're thinking of shuttles. Runabouts have nacelles and are capable of low warp.

Attached: 1541935514366.jpg (500x382, 26K)

hold up

Attached: GLTAS.jpg (500x281, 126K)

Will Dukat show up?

There's your CG Star Trek cartoon.

>lawless
So it misses the entire point.

I hope so.
Someone could accidentally summon the Bajoran demons who made him their avatar.

Can't focus on Starfleet officers, snowflakes would whine about military propaganda targeted at children.

>what is character development

Kurtzman doesn't get Star Trek

Ronald Moore understood it and wanted to explore a scenario where that society is tested by an unavoidable war

Kurtzman completely doesn't get it

I hope they will try to make a profit.

Attached: tg trek profit.png (1380x2200, 206K)

They'll probably pull some Andromeda bullshit where the ship is a character and flies itself when you ask nicely.

Data had character development without ignoring the original concept of moving past humanities pointless squabbles.

Attached: Data_with_pipe.jpg (1044x1044, 574K)

But in Star Trek III there were five people running the Enterprise, and only a dozen on the Bird of Prey.

>every character needs to be the same

You mean the movie where they lose the only fight because the ship is understaffed and Kirk has to blow it up

Sorry I forgot everyone on Yea Forums is a complete retard

Literally what does that have to do with anything? You mentioned one character's arc, I guess that means no other different arcs are allowed.

Cats

>Space: The wokest frontier. These are the voyages of some piece of crap a bunch of punk kids commandeered. It's ongoing mission: To somehow outsmart a military and scientific organization drawing talent from an interstellar society of trillions over and over again, to seek out planets with more than two sexes where the males have the babies, and to dab boldly on haters where no one has dabbed before.

Why can't they just make a fucking NORMAL Star Trek series? Why did it fall on SETH MCFARLAND OF ALL PEOPLE to do it, and do it well?

Attached: intersecting 2d space no sound.webm (480x272, 890K)

>Implying Star Trek hasn't always been SJW

Btw, I GUARANTEE that the reason they're making the Rick and Morty-esque Trek cartoon is because they doen't fucking understand why people love The Orville so much: it's not because it's a comedy, it's because it has the feel of being an actual Star Trek series (with some bonus comedy)

The mental gymnastics people on the right have to go through to like Star Trek must be exhausting.

Fun fact: there are species on Earth where the males have the babies.

Ironically the earlier more comedic episodes are the weakest

Hey, that sounds kinda neat. A simple sci-fi adventure romp. Sounds easy enough to digest.

The theory is that Seth had to sell the show as a """""""""parody"""""""""""" to avoid alerting the lawyers to how Star Treky is it.

>lawless teens
So like, Maquis?
Because if we get a trek about the Maquis that sounds neat.

What I want is a mix of star trek and farscape. Have some starfleet ensign find himself trapped in a distant and utterly alien (plus brutal) galaxy and lets us enjoy watching him slowly become the entertaining type of crazy person.

not at all.
Militaristic gay space communism makes perfect sense when replicators exist.
Can you not enjoy anything that doesn't perfectly align with your ideology?

They better not have any section 31 in the Picard show that idea is the antithesis of everything Picard stands for.

Why couldn’t we just get a solid educational show where a crew explores space and teaches everyone about different anomalies along the way

eeeh- it's kind of half and half if you're talking about seahorses.
The female still has the egg and the eggs are fertilized inside of her, but she spits them out into the male and then they hatch inside of him.

I keep screaming but God’s stopped listening

I completely agree. I stopped watching actual Star Trek after "Into Darkness" and had lost hope for another good series to pop up.

Last year I would have appended the following statement with "hate to say it," but McFarland proved himself capable so...

I'm really happy that the Orville continued the Star Trek feel.

>lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship and use it to search for adventure, meaning and salvation.
how the fuck is this star trek?

Attached: B0gDoEeCcAAycca.jpg (599x583, 50K)

>The big ships have a large crew for a fucking reason

Yeah, they need red shirts.

Valiant was kino

Attached: 1529789464995.png (512x366, 222K)

Maybe they're Maquis teens so we can watch them get raped and slaughtered by the Dominion and Cardassians.

Anime version looked so much better.

they tried that with voyager but gave up

Valiant felt like a test bed for a series idea that died in the womb due to bad acting and a half-drunkenly written script; enough of a gem to be potential, none of the necessary polish other than to say "Hey they're young hip kids, people love kids, they'll connect instantly with the crew" of assholes.

There's a whole demographic that don't like kids, which happens to include the kids themselves.

Janeway would have made a lot more sense if she was Maquis from the start and Chakotay was Starfleet

I think the writers actually just wanted to show a lot of uppity brats getting slaughtered when they tried to play elite starship crew

Beast Wars

Even the shuttles had warp drives since TNG

>CG-animated

Well, that's that ruined.

Attached: sadcard.jpg (1438x1080, 283K)

Check out beyond, it’s not perfect but the movie gets all of the characters well and manages to give them all something to do. It’s just an action flick but it has no pretensions about it

runabouts max out around warp 6, with a warp 4 cruising speed like the original Enterprise

shuttles are typically about the same but not outfitted for long-range missions like a runabout

they've had them since 2285/Star Trek V: Steal A Starship And Shoot God In the Face at least (Galileo/Type IV)

even the TOS-original shuttlecraft are capable of impulse, so if they can do full impulse they're doing warp 1 (speed of light)

>will follow a group of lawless teens
stopped reading here

Attached: 1356240797041.png (852x854, 1.14M)

See this is why you don't watch new star trek content. There's years of worthwhile content for the show, so it's easy to just rewatch it ad infinitum.

Attached: 1535757419132.jpg (694x530, 74K)

didn't Bashir dismantle section 31

>lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship and use it to search for adventure, meaning and salvation.
The fuck is this shit, I'd take a startrek "babies" anyday against that shit

People only "love" The Orville because they hate Discovery, the moment we get a decent ST people will forget The Orville even existed

Pike saved Discovery so hard I couldn't even bear to watch the Orville

I hope they cancel the section 31 spinoff and give that money to a spinoff with him and new Spock

so who do you think the leader of the kids will be? Picard's descendant, or Quirk? How many episodes until they meet Spock and he give them a magic approval for their actions, if not the whole quest itself?

So it's Star Wars: Rebels, but with Star Trek. As if we needed more proof CBS doesn't understand the franchise.

Jean Luc isn't having any descendants unless Tom Hardy got it on with some Romulans

This is the ideal scenario, Section 31 in Discovery was so trash.

Attached: 92C13D56-8F57-4634-929E-2333C2C1DF77.jpg (640x633, 66K)

Wait, wait- Nickleodeon star trek? People are gonna get slimed, and I want to see this.

This was how the black power ranger lost his finger.

Did that make him the chief engineer?

oh boy, time to indoctrinate a new generation of star trek pedophiles.

The next generation, so to speak

They were experimenting with making Nog suffer instead of O'Brien

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Tron: Uprising

No, he was fired for dealing dope. He ended up moving to LA and joined a street gang called the one-niners before being gunned down in an internal dispute.

So did CBS forget everyone hated Wesley?

But I thought everyone liked Hwill Hwheaton.

The Orville will be this generation's Babylon 5 or Firefly.

Pike was great, but good characterization can't save STD from its moronic plots and execution. Didn't the second season end with them setting up a soft retcon of the entire series?

>The new CG-animated series will follow a group of lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship and use it to search for adventure, meaning and salvation.
awful premise. I'm willing to put 5 bucks on the line that it's gonna look like shit too.

Green Lantern TAS

>The Orville will be this generation's Babylon 5 or Firefly.
A good show that people don't talk about much because it ended ages ago?

Directly funded by george lucas. He even bought the commercial airtime so it would uninterrupted.

Andorians.

Wesley was mostly a focal point for fan's anger because S1, most of S2, and a chunk of S3 TNG wasn't good. Him being Roddenberry's pet character, and sorta-self insert didn't endear the character to the production crew either. Most of his appearances could see him swapped out of Data or LaForge with only minimal dialogue changes and zero impact on the quality of the story. Besides, everyone hated the Ferengi in TNG, but loved them in DS9.

>Will Dukat show up?
Dukat is always with us.

Attached: 1153.jpg (400x397, 39K)

They'll be Humans Vulcan and Andorian kids displaced by all the pointless wars in the alpha quadrant and they are all pointless or petty wars because every major power can create damn near anything out of thin air and shit.

>a group of teens find a Bajoran whose hobbies include grooming minors

>a group of lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship
Yikes

>Power will be given to the manufacturing and working class only when we have magic boxes that nullify the importance of manufacturing and working classes.

Current rumors are that picard will be head of section 31.

They are just aiming diarrhea at the wall and seeing what sticks.

What if it turns out to be the old NX-01 or the Franklin from Beyond?

The guy who played pike qiit the show, didn't he?

Nt by animation. The story is great but it doesn't look good.

>Didn't the second season end with them setting up a soft retcon of the entire series?
Kinda sorta. They used the time period as a way to appeal to nostalgia and ape JJTrek's style, but the Discovery going to the far future was planned from the start after CBS nixed the idea to have each season focus on a different era of Starfleet history as an explanation for why the Discovery and spore drive are never mentioned in series set in later eras.

It actually bit them in the ass, no one gives a fuck about the Michelle Yeoh series after seeing Pike and Spock in the updated classic uniforms, they want a Pike and Spock series.

Attached: 1534562068306.jpg (1024x768, 81K)

>Green Lantern TAS

There's vomit leaking between my fingers.

A show that gets nostalgia'd hard because it caught the zeitgeist of a particular audience, but then when you go back and watch it the plots are retarded, the acting is abysmal and the dialogue is nonsensical even when it's trying to discuss normal things and not fucking time travel alien assholes or whatever.

Basically a show that if it were a human wouldn't just go to night classes at a regional college to network for its writing career but would still be telling stories and namedropping literal who's for twenty years after the class ended, never would have completed an assignment as instructed (but would hand in a lot of garbage it just had to get down on a page because my god the idea was too good to ignore) and would refer to it as an MFA even though it was literally an uncredited course run by someone who had no teaching experience and was only hired because they said they'd been published a lot through Amazon.

A show that only assholes and poseurs could ever really care about. Like DS9.

Michelle Yeoh has been knocking it out of the park in every scene and I would genuinely like to see more with her. Pikerprise too. It's 2019, we can have both. When Patrick Stewart dies later this year before any scenes for his new show are filmed, we will have both.

Yeah but we got the magic ship to fuck off to a post Federation future and we got a nice set and cast for a better prequel show

The word is he got fired for accidentally hitting a director but the opinion of him has been so overwhelmingly positive that they're leaving money on the table if we don't get a series for him over all this other shit

No, he did it because he is the tv comedy guy and
"Now I try something completely different" doesn't sell.

That made me think of a workable implementation of the concept.
>post Dominion War
>main kid is a Ferengi whose family runs a salvage company
>gets shit on because everyone thinks he doesn't have the lobes for business
>while on a salvage run he discovers a mostly intact refit Miranda while everyone else is busy
>steals it
>fumbles around the sector for a couple episodes picking up other teens for his crew, Orion who escaped slavery, Cardassian war orphan, smol Gorn, gregarious and friendly Romulan, one or two Feddie race teens, maybe a Klingon
>everyone learns to bond together as a surrogate family
>freewheeling, lighthearted adventures in an unreliable and temperamental ship
>all the while being chased by Liquidator Brunt, FCA

>Picard is the only one actually greenlit by CBS
Kurtzman developed all of them and has a five year contract with CBS. He can't do anything related to Trek without their permission.

>it was supposed to start filming last Monday. It's hasn't started yet.
It was supposed to start filming two days ago and did. They couldn't start last Monday, they were still finalizing the cast last week.

>diehard TRek fans hate STD
If you hate any Star Trek, you're not a diehard Trekkie.

>bullshit about merchandising
CBS offered Kurtzman the contract to do more Trek to generate more content for their streaming service after Discovery's success. They're making their money on streaming subscriptions now. This Nickelodeon series is to throw out a net to find new, younger fans to hopefully rope into the streaming service.

>Picard without any connection to TNG
Picard is TNG.

Probably better than 78 percent of Voyager

My main problem with Michelle Yeoh is that her accent hinders the kind of character she's playing.

Niner for life, faggot.

Post-STD Section 31 is decentralized and organized into independent cells. Season two of STD shows why they moved in that direction. Bashir only took out Sloan.

>A show that only assholes and poseurs could ever really care about. Like DS9.
DAMAR

GET THE FIVE LIGHTS

Attached: 1527644234597.jpg (692x530, 81K)

>If you hate any Star Trek, you're not a diehard Trekkie.

how could you say something so controversial, yet so wrong?

STD shits all over established Star Trek lore while desperately clinging to it because that's the only thing of value it has.

The same thing happened with the new Star Wars. It can't stand on its own, so it rehashes old plots while dragging out old and busted characers to shit on in favor o bland new characters.

Fans of these series have every reason to dislike and resent them. To say someone isn't a true fan because they don't like a bad product is a shit argument.

Attached: SurroundedByIdiotsJaneway.jpg (750x600, 51K)

>t. millennial who started watching Trek after the JJ Abrams reboot
Go to a Star Trek convention and ask people what's wrong with Discovery and tell me what's weird about them being able to quote specific scenes from something they "hate."

Trekkies "hate" a Star Trek series the same way Yea Forums hates video games. They're still gonna watch it several times and make petitions to see more of their favorite characters.

Attached: 1546051238489.jpg (500x409, 140K)

If they couldn't point out specifics then you'd just accuse them of hating something without watching it. But all hate is not equal, nor is all hate given equally. Plus it's a streaming show existing in a post-Youtube internet, no one has to watch the entire show to point out specifically terrible scenes.

we maquis now.

>Lawless teens in a utopian setting where all needs are meet for no cost.
>operating a Starship
>not being tracked down and detained by star fleet almost immediately.

remember the 6 bajorillon

so it's Space Cases?

Bajoran resistance veterans and star fleet outcasts

>he thinks there are five lights

you probably think Bajor loves you too

Attached: download.jpg (276x182, 4K)

>STD shits all over established Star Trek lore while desperately clinging to it because that's the only thing of value it has.

christ I'm flashing back to 1987 hard here

Starfleet has no jurisdiction if they're outside Federation space.

The main character will probably be a Romulan trained from birth to be a master spy who's dealing with the destruction of Romulus to hand wave how they keep avoiding capture or destruction from one of the interstellar governments while tossing some tween drama into the mix.

And is supposedly trying to make the Picard series without approval

Why would you say that? Even as a joke, why would you EVER say that?

Without whose approval?

>an unavoidable war

All Sisko had to do was destroy the wormhole. Hell if they'd put Jellico in command from the start and given him Ro as his XO, the moment the Dominion shat on a Galaxy-class would have been the moment Jellico shut down the fucking wormhole.

Moore may have set out to write an unavoidable war but as the final season of DS9 makes clear it was only unavoidable because the wormhole aliens manipulated the timelines to create Benjamin Sisko so that he could explain time to them.

I mean, almost literally the same thing happened with the Xindi and caused them to attack Earth and indirectly and unintentionally led to the formation of the Federation, and Archer kicked the Sphere Builder's asses for it. They're so far down in subspace they probably wonder why it's raining every time the solanagen aliens flush.

Because to every thing there is a season; when Sir Patrick Stewart returns to his creator, we will celebrate the life he led and the joy he brought us, not wallow in the grief of his passing.

He wouldn't have it any other way. He's not Shatner.

I am only okay with this if there is waifu bait, like a cute Andorian that secretly craves the warm sex-snuggles of a human.

Attached: Andorian 2.png (1088x1200, 1.37M)

Without the Network fully signing off on it.

Because the Nu Trek Licence doesn't sell and merchandising won't touch anything that doesn't feel much closer to Traditional Star Trek.

So he's trying to keep his job on life support.

Well they are Andorian

>Andorian
>not Caitian
This will probably be a wholesome Christian cartoon, Lower Decks will have the waifubait and sex jokes.

CBS was so angry they gave Kurtzman a five year contract.

And why the fuck would they license the flagship anchor series of their subscription streaming service? You're retarded.

Attached: 1551523756406.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Caitian is good for blatant waifuel. Andorian is for blue tsundere that wants the cuddles. Possibly with genki Talaxian.

Attached: M'ress 1.jpg (1200x1200, 964K)

The problem with that analogy is that TNG was always planned as a continuation set in the future of TOS. STD, as far as I know, was always a prequel. Kind of hard to respect a different tone and direction when the writers willingly stagger themselves by setting the show in the past, then overstep their boundaries anyway.

Companies licence out the rights to companies to make and sell merchandise.

Nobody wants to Merchandise Nu Trek/Discovery

They want the more profitable Classic Trek looking stuff.

You've got that wrong, the Xindi were attempting to change the past to prevent the formation of the Federation. The Federation still existed in the original timeline, as seen when Daniels took Archer to the future. Even without the Xindi interference, the Romulan drone ship presumably laid the framework for the Federation in both timelines.

Also Jellico won with gunboat diplomacy, not combat; Sisko isn't actually that far off from Jellico.

That and rip off some guys indie computer game.

>genki Talaxian
plz no

Tellarites are the canonical tsunderes. Andorians are pure tsun.

A Cardassian or Bolian could also make a pretty good tsundere.

Attached: 1542563856847.jpg (621x466, 64K)

>Nobody wants to Merchandise Nu Trek/Discovery

Literally all STO is pushing right now. Tie-in audiobooks and novels by 5 different authors. Tie-in comic books. Annuals multiple years running. Replica uniforms and insignia. $200 vinyl statues. Expansions for Trek board games. A 2020 calendar already on preorder. And all the usual keyring crap that everything makes.

What you've done is you've mistaken you not liking something for it being unpopular. It's 2019. Shows that are unpopular don't even finish broadcasting their first seasons any more, even if they are only half a dozen shows long. Unpopular shows never get a second season now. It's not 1988, gramps.

STD made its money from All Access subs.

They're still leaving an option open for classic style merchandising anyway, if that's what has you concerned.

The time to cast doubt and throw shade was before season one of STD was a smash hit. Trek is back at maximum warp on every possible frontier.

Attached: 1529983009620.jpg (900x600, 50K)

>not going full ojou with a prim and proper Cardassian

Except that Sisko was always the pawn of the wormhole aliens. Even before he was conceived. They made him so that things would play out the way they did.

Whether or not the Xindi/Sphere Builder interference caused the formation of the Federation, the crap the Sphere Builders were pulling was no different to what the wormhole aliens were doing. They wanted a particular future. It just so happened that that future involved the death and suffering of at least one quadrant of an entire galaxy. Sisko only knows what was happening in the Gamma Quadrant because of those fuckers.

Yet they're routinely presented as benevolent, or just ignorant. I mean, even Kirk would have handed them their asses at some point. And you're right, Sisko should have. Should have been more like Jellico; but he was a pawn of an alien power intent on shaping the galaxy to its own design. Right from the start, the perfect sleeper agent.

Nope. You get Talaxians and a kuudere vulcan that wrecks pelvis in Pon'far.

The Cardassian aristocracy was wiped out during the Dominion invasion of Cardassia Prime.

Most Cardassians also aren't as uptight and straight-laced as the ones seen in TNG and DS9. Their society had been controlled by a military hegemony that the general population didn't much like for a long time when they were introduced. Garak's sharp wit and dryly dark sense of humor is more typical for the species as a whole.

Attached: 1540507439524.jpg (720x549, 43K)

>STD was a smash hit. Trek is back at maximum warp on every possible frontier.

Yea no. Go home Kurtzman and take your literal Mary Sue with you.

Spock doesn't doesn't need a sister.

What's this shit about merchandise? How do you guys know this?

Andorians a shit

>literal Mary Sue
The one who started the series getting nearly her entire crew killed after becoming Starfleet's first mutineer? The stronk black woman ends the premiere episode in handcuffs apologizing for sucking so much. You're cherrypicking Michael's victories if you've actually seen it. She fucks up quite a bit throughout both seasons.

>kuudere
I hate this archetype it so fucking boring

Pretty sure it's a Yea Forums poster who smelled a Trek thread in the wind and wants to shit on everything because he's still salty about STD having a black female lead. CBS doesn't give a flying fuck about merchandising, they're still pulling in sperglord money from STO and STD monetization came from their streaming service. They wouldn't even attempt to merchandise STD if they can just recycle old merchandise designs from older series for free.

[judges you in Andorian]

Attached: 1549032870770.jpg (600x300, 21K)

All you've done is mistake a large amount of available merchandise for a large amount of sales for said merchandise. Unless you've got hard sales figures to back up your claim all you have is items sitting on a shelf. Also both of you aren't taking into consideration that the licensees aren't going to want to drop Trek, since the brand is still valuable, but they're going to want input to maximize the value they can get out of the licenses.

There are 128 million households in the US, of which 69% use a streaming service. CBS All Access accounts has a 5% market share equating to roughly 4.4 million households. It has licensing agreement with Netflix for worldwide distribution and airs on Space in Canada IIRC, making estimates of viewership worldwide questionable.

>"no one wants to license STD"
>licensed by Netflix
Point still stands that that guy is a moron.

Should I was Stargate Yea Forums?

Sounds like Space Cases, who aired in Nick back in the day.

Attached: spacecases[1].jpg (1200x680, 232K)

I'm still angry Ro wasn't in DS9.

well Locarno couldn't be in Voyager either

True, true.

Attached: beck chase.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Blame the actress, she was offered the role of first officer and turned it down, which is why they came up with Kira.

Where my Pah Wraith niggas at?

Attached: insetdukat2.jpg (550x300, 38K)

No, she's "punished" while simultaneously being set up to have been right the whole time.

Shooting the Klingons first would have prevented the war, even if it is rather anti-Starfleet (and you'll note Episode 2 then goes out of the way to suggest that attempting to negotiate peace first is dumb and gets you killed -- that admiral who dies is a nice stand-in for traditional Star Trek right there). So of course she gets imprisoned for it, but is clearly set up to have been "in the right" the whole time, and immediately gets put onto a new ship and reinstated as soon as it becomes an option.

The giant waterbear situation was pretty much the same concept -- Michael is set up to be the only one competent enough to figure out that you... say... don't stand next to an angry, phaser resistant waterbear. In return, she's yelled at by someone who is set up to be an obvious idiot, who then immediately gets killed.

Michael brings Mirror Georgiou into the 'prime' universe because she likes her... and Mirror Georgiou of course immediately saves the day despite being an evil empress from the evil dimension, who then goes on to lead Section 31 because why not.

Its a theme that's present throughout the whole season -- Michael does something (smart or dumb, logical or illogical) that she is usually then punished for, but the show then immediately goes out of the way to prove that this was the right decision, even if it comes off as dumb or insane.

You shouldn't watch any Stargate that's Yea Forums related. There's like two live action series worth watching.

>you may be evil, but you'll never be "seduce the space pope" evil

Attached: 1550095387927.jpg (707x530, 82K)

Thanks for expounding on one of the major issues I had with DS9. You'd think a show as nuanced as DS9 would lend some time to the reality of humans being dragged into a power struggle between extradimensional beings. I guess the writers were so focused on being a gritty war story they didn't have time to consider that.

It's almost as bad as Bashir scoring Ezri in the finale.

Merchandise licensing and broadcast licensing are two different things.

>she's not a mary sue!
>sure, she gets her old rank back, upstages pretty much every other officer at some point, is vitally important to the fate of an alternate dimension, ends the Fed-Klink war, and is vitally important to the fate of the regular dimension, but that doesn't make her a mary sue
Burnham has all the issues people complain about Kirk and Archer except even more so, and despite what looked like an attempt to dial it back during S2 they went right back to it. Part of it was that Discovery was planned from the beginning with Burnham as a focal character surrounded by a well-fleshed out supporting cast that functioned as a quasi-ensemble as per Fuller's other shows. Unfortunately he was booted before the premiere finished production and later showrunners never nailed the intended dynamic.

None of the Cardassians we see are particularly uptight or straight laced, that's why I went with Cardie ojou.

>Just watched the episode where he gets blown the fuck out for planning to fake taking space cyanide and started backpeddling super hard
I know Pah Wraith Dukat wasn't as good as season 1-6 Dukat but man he still has amazing moments

>Merchandise licensing and broadcast licensing are two different things.
STO is getting merchandise money by selling 1s and 0s. There's no point in trying to make physical products, they won't pull in the same amount of profit as they're already making.

what about that time he straight up cucked some dude

its a shame Ezri didn't get to do much she was a cute

>lend some time to the reality of humans being dragged into a power struggle between extradimensional beings.
That's like a twice a year occurrence for Starfleet, TNG has something like 10 episodes with that plot.

You can tell the science guy from S2e1 is going to bite it the moment he interacts with Burnham.

that was the same episode
it was all glorious showcase of Dukat, the dicking, the lying, the rationalizing, the need for validation from the main cast. Oh he was a glorious diva

Yep. Everyone who disagrees with the character gets killed, and the universe goes out of the way to make sure that if the character is punished, they were right the whole time.

That's pretty classic Mary Sue.

I'm angry at the actress, then. At least we got Madman "Spoon on their 'ead, better be dead" O'Brien as a main character.

I like that Number 1 never got a name and I hope she never does

I'm pretty sure that's the same episode.

I don't care what anyone says, fucking the space pope until she goes full satanist just so you can snort some extradimensional aliens for a salty runback at space Jesus is top-tier Dukat. Not quite "call up one of your enemies in the middle of the night on her birthday just to reminisce about the years you spent banging her mom" tier, but then again, nothing is.

the only female you'll have will be an alien male that "just" happens to look like a human female.

>all up one of your enemies in the middle of the night on her birthday just to reminisce about the years you spent banging her mom
I loved Dukat before this but that really pushed it over the edge, I fucking love that son of a bitch

Attached: generic hentai protaganist.jpg (1000x563, 158K)

shut up wesley

Needs more Tholians.

Attached: Tholian battle.webm (852x480, 1.72M)

Hopy fuck thats retarded. I hate teenagers especially in cartoons

For all the praise Dukat and Garak get, I think that Damar is a pretty underrated element of late DS9.

Fucking this. The scene where he finds out his family is dead and his reaction to Kira's response..Dumar became one of my favorite characters.

>valiant
>nova squadron
I hope the pattern holds

Into Darkness was crap, but Beyond was fucking great. You should watch it.

even before that, barely keeping from cracking up when Weyoun asks him how the previous one died in a transporter accident he just so happened to miss out on

I'm still patently shocked that Star Trek of all properties whitewashed such an iconic character.

Attached: 1530921111956.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

Strictly speaking cadets are college-aged. But a series about a crew of spunky, can-do cadets who screw up miserably and fail at every turn could probably squeeze out 13 half-hour comedic episodes before you just start feeling bad for them.

I'm pretty sure the last time was in the 2009 movie.

>CBS All Access accounts has a 5% market share equating to roughly 4.4 million households.

And it launched with Discovery as its flagship show. 4.4 million subs is pretty good. Not a lot of shows getting 4.4 million viewers per episode, and god knows the ads are drying up for those that are.

>Unless you've got hard sales figures

We're into second-season merch so it's selling, and unless you've got hard sales figures you can fuck off with the "you've got to prove they're making this stuff literally two years later for an actual consumer base".

You're free to not believe the evidence of your own eyes, of course, but this is Yea Forums. We all saw the Green Lantern show sink into a mire of shelfwarming Green Lantern movie merch that made it literally impossible to shift show toys - because the stores were still stuck with the movie toys and there were no buyers willing to take the risk on a dead brand. That took a single quarter of 2012, and it still hasn't recovered enough on Q scores that WB are willing to risk making another show or movie or even direct-dvd animated movie for the hardcore fans (like they do for Batman).

But you're saying Discovery has killed the merch sales? OK, sales figure time, bitch. Don't play vulcan with us unless you're prepared to get science academy'd.

Fuck you, I'll wallow all I like!

Most merch didn't drop until the second season. And I also never said that DIS killed merch sales, I said that a large amount of merch being made isn't indicative of retail sales. I gave you the viewership figures when you wouldn't, you can pull up your own damn sales figures. But I'll be generous, ST was worth $300 million in merch sales in 2016 so if all you can find is a percentage change you can do the math yourself.

Hal could easily be the great great great grandfather to Kirk.

Oh boy. A Star Trek thread on Yea Forums! I wonder wh-

>Cardie posting

Attached: 157662356.jpg (640x384, 22K)

at least it will give me a good excuse to have /trek/ threads on Yea Forums instead of that shitstain Yea Forums board.

And desu, this sounds better than Below Decks that's being produced by some Rick and Morty people

go back to your wild child and your prison

I hope the tech-savvy one is white, jewish, or asian. And male. Or non-human.

its gonna be a Ferengi

SJWs hate Trek, cause of stuff like this at 0:51 youtu.be/K5Po40kvI9c

he's going to deport those teens

Attached: wall.png (768x480, 437K)

Have you noticed how many Ferengi's are in the Holo-simulation industry?

>The Orville will be this generation's Babylon 5 or Firefly.
no, that's The Expanse

>If you hate any Star Trek, you're not a diehard Trekkie
STD isn't trek, not even fucking close.

Fake simulations, fake alcohol, they're pretty fake, huh.

Attached: data sets the back of his hand to full impulse on a crash course with commander rikers galaxy-class (720x480, 29K)

Attached: M'Ress.webm (960x720, 2.25M)

>Sulu petted that pussy

>Lower Decks will have the waifubait and sex jokes.
will it have many Orions?

Attached: Orion girl.jpg (623x900, 130K)

One thing that isn't fake are those noses!

>starts the Klingon war
>Thousands of casualties
>gets a new ship
>still does whatever the fuck she wants

I want to see more blue collar and working class Ferengi.

The Expanse is straight up the new BSG.

she was cute, CUUUUTE

Attached: ro.jpg (350x440, 16K)

Rom? or you mean more Ferengi like Rom?

Attached: Yamato explodes.webm (960x720, 1.68M)

>>all the while being chased by Liquidator Brunt, FCA
I'd kill to have brunt in this show, he was great

Attached: brunt FCA.jpg (563x494, 30K)

Destroying the wormhole not only would squander on of the most impressive scientific finds in the alpha quadrant but it would also kill the entire wormhole alien civilization. That doesn't seem like a good idea.

Children? Human children mucking about in MY space? Preposterous. I must do something about this straight away.

Attached: star-trek-Q.jpg (618x412, 56K)

More like Rom, and more Rom too.

Romulans > Spoonheads > Klingons.

Attached: Romulan Warbird decloak.webm (960x720, 1.01M)

Outside really excellent ship design barring the Scimitar and the Narada, the Romulans don't have many good episodes.

One of my fervent hopes for the Picard series is that Q shows up and he lampshades the aging by saying he just wants Jean-Luc to feel comfortable

Hello, my name is Mr... Takud. And I come from... someplace FAR away (yes, that'll do). Anywho, I think Bajor would be lucky to have someone as brave, benevolent, talented, and intelligent as Gul Dukat, who I've also been told is an especially talented lovemaker.

Attached: takud.jpg (692x530, 90K)

Frengi > everything else

Wow, that...that sounds horrible.

But whatever. Its Nickelodeon. They'll shill it for two months, promote new episodes for a month, then bounce it around the schedule until it dies a quiet death.

If you're looking for something novel in a world dominated by Trek and Star Wars tropes you could certainly do a lot worse. It creates an interesting universe with some really solid characters and stories.

The first 7-8 seasons of SG1 are solid, Atlantis gets pretty good, Universe had a rocky start but gets kino by the end of the first season.

Avoid Origins like it's the fucking plague though.

Go to bed DaiMon Fuck.

Attached: D'Kora class attack.webm (960x720, 900K)

You forgot Infinity.

I like the way Takud thinks.

Attached: ramad.jpg (709x530, 99K)

Also to be avoided.

Elaborate. I'm pretty sure your notion of what Star Trek is is nowhere close to correct.

Shut up, Ira.

Attached: girl fight.webm (960x720, 1.36M)

Attached: Slaver stasis box.webm (960x720, 2.68M)

Attached: Kzinti.webm (960x720, 2.46M)

Are these slavers like the builders from KOTOR?

Animation was good the art style and content wasn’t

>"When the cels came back and we saw that the tribbles were pink, we all went, 'What happened?!' And that's where we found out was that the guy […] who did colors for Filmation is colorblind." The Klingons in this episode also wear pink for the same reason.

Attached: index.jpg (260x194, 9K)

I think the Kzinti look nice in pink and purple.

Attached: Kzinti.jpg (1434x1080, 383K)

There's some overlap. The Slavers were a violent race that ate the flesh of other intelligent species and became the rulers of the galaxy using telepathic mind control abilities, but were nearly destroyed by one of their enslaved races and sent a telepathic command to all sentient life in the galaxy to commit suicide. After all sentient life had killed itself, sentience had to re-evolve.

Attached: 1555083018546.jpg (262x340, 16K)

Attached: Kzin_hunting.jpg (730x980, 257K)

The Slavers and the Kzinti were created by Larry Niven, who wrote the episode of TAS where they first appeared as an adaptation of an earlier short story he wrote. The Kzinti are also featured in other works by Niven as part of his Known Space universe.

Also, similar to Vulcans and Romulans, Caitians and Kzinti share a common ancestor. Kzinti females aren't sentient, tho, so no Kzinti M'Ress.

Attached: 1533498003250.jpg (791x1005, 240K)

I think in one of the Man-Kzin Wars books there's a story that reveals Kzinti females used to be sentient. One was in a stasis chamber and was found by a human.

>"Nevinyrral" is the name of science fiction author Larry Niven written backwards. He came up with the term "mana" to denote the amount of Magic as a nonrenewable resource tied to lands. In Niven's Magic Goes Away series, his protagonist The Warlock invented a spinning disc that depleted available mana in its vicinity to power its rotation as an experiment to investigate the mysterious appearance of areas where magic would grow weak or cease to function altogether. This disc inspired the designers of Alpha to create Nevinyrral's Disk.

Attached: c17-217-nevinyrral-s-disk.jpg (672x936, 304K)

Jeffrey Combs is great.

What are some of your favorite celebrity cameos in Trek?

>Iggy Pop
>The Rock
>George Costanza

Attached: 1533848709566.jpg (1200x1200, 943K)

Iggy was really good in his role as 'really tired of this Ferengi shit' Vorta
George... man, this was fairly soon after Seinfeld so seeing him so low energy really felt off

He also wrote a bunch of Star Trek books. Hmmmmm....

Pretty sure that user's benchmark for popularity is what does and doesn't have a Funko Pop. Discovery doesn't have any Funko Pops, so in his eyes it's not popular.

Has there ever been a bad Vorta? They've all been great.

>King Abdullah II bin al-Hussein (Arabic: عبدالله الثاني بن الحسين) (born 30 January 1962; age 57) is the king of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. An acknowledged fan of Star Trek, King Abdullah (then a prince) appeared as an uncredited extra in the 1996 Star Trek: Voyager episode "Investigations". Voyager executive producer Jeri Taylor commented, "Take away the title and the trappings, and at the core you have a Star Trek fan."

>Abdullah's cameo was arranged as a surprise for him by his US advisor. The prince – who, at the time of his cameo, was thirty-four years old – enthused, "I would have been thrilled just to visit the set but this is too much." After being put into makeup, given pointed sideburns and then fitted for his uniform (a lieutenant of the sciences division), he rehearsed and shot his scene. He appears in the episode's opening scene as a science officer who speaks with Harry Kim as the scene fades in. He was not given any spoken lines, however, because he was not a member of the Screen Actors Guild (now SAG-AFTRA). After filming his cameo, he was crowded by well-wishers, including Robert Picardo, who secretly presented the delighted guest with an autographed picture of himself in his role of The Doctor. Abdullah subsequently gave a party for the Voyager cast. During his time on the Star Trek: Voyager set, Abdullah also invited Robert Picardo and Neelix actor Ethan Phillips to his own country of Jordan, an offer that Phillips took up during the hiatus between Voyager's second and third seasons.

>Abdullah was crowned King of Jordan in 1999. Currently he is the majority local investor of a Star Trek theme park, named Red Sea Astrarium, in the Jordan city Aqaba. The centerpiece of this theme park will be the Star Trek themed space flight adventure created under license from CBS Consumer Products. The park will open for business in 2017.

Attached: Capture.png (436x461, 211K)

based Dukat poster

... i wanna say the worst is the female Vorta but her weakness was she barely did anything and was just kinda chipper to try and distract Sisko from what she wanted from that ship

Isn't it where his taxes problems started?

>lawless teens searching for salvation

Attached: 2NRC.gif (175x175, 478K)

Shredder/Uncle Phil. Works perfectly as a Klingon but geek me was over the moon

now that's a deep dive

He was always white washed though. Khan Noonien Soong is an Indian name (the poo kind not the alcoholic kind) Ricardo Montelbon was amazing in the role but he wasn't Indian

Sure, but montelbon wasn't white either

I get you but Khans actual ethnicity is never really brought up when this conversation happens. I hated into darkness for a myriad of reasons but the choice to use Khan was why I hate it with a passion rather than just feel ambivalent about it

At least this cartoon doesnt have to be 25% different

Tbh it's not just that they stuck Khan in for no reason it's that they gave him to the most bland actor imaginable

Swagger isn't a racial trait and he had none

one of the teens will be a bajoran and there will be a very special episode where dukat fucks and then kills her

>barring the Scimitar and the Narada
Those are both sexy though. Also, Nemesis Warbirds>other Warbirds.

The D'deridex is the apex of trek ship aesthetics.

Attached: Romulan Warbird attacks.webm (960x720, 1018K)

It could have worked by giving Khan a quiet assuredness in opposition to Marcus' bravado, but Cumberbatch doesn't really have an imposing presence. Hell, the film probably would have worked better if he had swapped roles with Weller.

man, Star Trek has sexier space ships than any other sci-fi besides Babylon 5, I want a sexy Star Fury

The real reason for Khan being white in Into Darkness was that the writers thought it would be racist to have a dark skinned villian. No, really. So their brilliant solution was to whitewash the character.

Thing is, THE MOVIE PRESENTS A PERFECT POTENTIAL REASON FOR A RACE CHANGE THAT IS NEVER USED: Khan's identity is supposed to be a secret. The Star Trek setting allows for extensive plastic surgery.

>in the series finale the lawless teens visit the sex planet and get executed for walking on the grass

Attached: file.png (700x700, 739K)

>tfw no Starfury flight game.

Attached: Earth Centauri battle.webm (854x480, 1.23M)

nah

Attached: Valdore_and_sister_ship,_Nemesis.jpg (1000x458, 61K)

seriously, fuck X-Wings, give me a Starfury and I'll show you how shit gets done. They are like Tie-Fighters but not shitty.

Poor man's Bird of Prey.

Attached: Bird of Prey cloaks.webm (1412x600, 1.47M)

I can't believe I forgot that season tng had a whitetopia episode. Even weirder was the space Africans episode.
Even TOS never got as embarrassing as season 1 tng.

*rich

>the space Africans episode.
Seriously how did that get made?

Xavier: Renegade Angel

Here's a fun fact. The writer of that episode wrote a stargate sg1 episode with the same plot.

I was just reading the wiki and apparently Roddenberry personally fired the director for making the executive decision to make the aliens African caricatures.
Is the SG-1 episode any good?

>ooga booga where the white women at

it was a different time

Attached: Lutan_refuses_to_return_Yar.jpg (1440x1080, 1.01M)

comfy /trek/ thread, but how many of you are from Yea Forums?

Attached: picard.jpg (430x599, 39K)

It was the fourth episode of the show "emancipation" it was better than "code of honor" but it was still bad

Truly interesting times.

Attached: Tasha Yar.webm (960x720, 2.79M)

The Mongol planet episode?

I shitpost on many boards.

Attached: trek threads.webm (960x720, 2.91M)

>but it was still bad
based

>A ship full of Wesleys has in a space teen soap opera

Nobody likes "kid appeal" characters. Certainly not a whole ship full of them. I don't care about a bunch of angsty teens having personal journeys. How can so many people at Paramount miss the appeal of Star Trek for so long?

Attached: niggerlemon.jpg (474x380, 25K)

I'm just waiting for the Dubsminion to save this thread.

Attached: 1546232779120.png (1290x858, 689K)

Odd choice to emphasize the butt she doesn't have

Attached: 1508171685267.jpg (1200x675, 337K)

trek is better on Yea Forums than on Yea Forums

Attached: dathon3.jpg (1088x1595, 489K)

Incredible

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1166x754, 304K)

Will this be what finally kills Mike?

Attached: 1401677053743.jpg (995x666, 543K)

DARMOK AND JALAD AT TANAGRA!

No that'll be the massive alcohol poisoning when he watches Picard

Based Frakes. Not a fan of STD but I'm glad he's involved in directing episodes of it and The Orville. fittingly, it seems The Orville cast like him A LOT more than STD, they keep tweeting about their love for him.
well Yea Forums /trek/ can't figure out if they are SJW's or not for liking Star Trek

Attached: deal with it.gif (335x335, 479K)

Yeahh but he's got a point.

At this point, I just want to go back to the good old days of planet of the week Star Trek.

its being killed by people replying to 2 trannies to the point of obsession
also ent>voy

Attached: mccoy6.jpg (740x557, 44K)

>also ent>voy
slightly, but that's cause Voy was terrible about making anything good outside episodes of 7of9 and The Doctor

Attached: 7 of 9 sexuality.webm (707x540, 2.31M)

It kills me how much 7of9 as a character helped the show.
TOS, tng and ds9 all had characters that balked at or observed humanity, you don't realize how weirdly essential that was to star trek until you're stuck watching voyager's first seasons.

/stg/ is best you fucking faggot.

Fatgys at the forum, his words clear. Ananon degenerate for his own kind.

I'm sad because I'm fairly new to Trek, I've seen TOS and TNG and I'm only beginning DS9, but there's really no good place to discuss it because Yea Forums /trek/ is such of cesspool of shit and tranny obsession. I just want to talk about Trek

Go to /stg/ on /tg/. It's not entirely about the show and is pretty slow, but you'll get a lot better discussion there than you ever will on /trek/.

surprise surprise, /tg/ beats all the other boards again. I should lurk there more but I'm not playing any games these days and I really want to but....shitty personal issues are keeping me away

a bit tangential to this topic, but Levar Burton has a podcast where he reads his favorite books, a couple by Neil Gaiman I guess. Anyone check it out?

youtube.com/watch?v=X51wWBoB-KE&list=PL92Mqw47UTUid7rSUttnm4cIPbv904md-&index=3

give me your fav edit

Attached: Quest.webm (960x720, 2.52M)

I didn't realize some of these edits went Yea Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=ngsqaRD2HI8&list=PL92Mqw47UTUid7rSUttnm4cIPbv904md-&index=10

What was her toaster policy?

Attached: Admiral Based.jpg (480x266, 17K)

>having literal royalty on your show
Too bad it was wasted on VOY

Attached: 1555382107929.jpg (635x610, 107K)

>Star Trek has sexier space ships than any other sci-fi
My shipfu would like a word

Attached: Pegasus.jpg (1600x900, 290K)

not a bad design but it's a very basic frigate. Thousands of those things have been done in games like Privateer, that isn't anything special though

At no point does anyone seem interested in attacking the three struts keeping the fighter bay attached to the ship.

this is peak spaceship configuration

Attached: TamarianStarship1.jpg (765x403, 20K)

Q would play it so you're never really sure if it is out of respect, of course he'd say as much, or if he's having a laugh. Then you remember Q is Q and both are the answer.

WESLEY!!!!

>it took me until literally this moment to realize Cain was Ro
consider my mind blown

you haven't watched enough sci-fi. all these actors are reused. Yea Forums thinks CW is doing callbacks, but if they watched sci-fi they would realized how many actors just stay in the genre so much

Vaughn Armstrong, Jeffrey Combs, James Sloyan, Randy Oglesby, the list is endless

>A show that only assholes and poseurs could ever really care about. Like DS9.
Based. DS9 is so overrated among plebs who don't actually like star trek.

>says a VOY fag

Yea Forums has the best star trek threads.

Nah, TOS and TNG all the way.

can we agree the Orville is an ugly ship?

Somehow, I think Kirks ancestor would be Gardner rather than Hal.

no, because i think it looks great

Attached: 700px-Alcubierre.png (700x324, 109K)

It takes some getting used to, but it's not a bad design in itself.

It's called a classless society

Yeah but thats mostly because ENT was shorter. Though that planned season 5 sounded kino, VOY just suffered from not being able to show signs of cabin fever and have the ship be a patchwork of repairs since they couldn't get any assistance to fix it. and you're right its they're obbsession with basheirfaggot and the uppity one that destroyed trek on tv that and the constant STD shills who don't seem to get they're not wanted

I feel you brother its rough, I've loved startrek forever and those threads are just about uppity bitches white knighting two ugly bitches its a shame. With the new comics coming out though there is a chance for solid monthly threads here.

I haven't watched Star Trek before but I want to get into it with my SO. I know some general gists of things but I want to know how much continuity matters when watching since it's a bit of a commitment and I want to sell my SO on the show without dragging them through too much of the stuff that doesn't appeal to them. They prefer political shit and philosophy so I was thinking TNG and parts of DS9 but I want to know if we absolutely have to watch TOS before TNG. Are series guides/episode skipping considered blasphemous?

You don't have to watch TOS before going into TNG (though I found TOS to be pretty enjoyable) but you will miss out on some of the more subtle references to it. Nothing that would destroy your enjoyment of TNG. Continuity isn't that huge of an issue. With a few exceptions of crewmen and background elements Most TNG episodes are fairly self contained, You can jump around to episodes that have interesting descriptions and watch them without being too lost. DS9 is definitely more story driven. It would be in your interest not to skip back and forth too much. You'll lose several key elements that happen with the state of the station and plot strings of the larger story, plus the numerous smaller plot lines.

>ugly
Orville's practical effects look miles better and prettier than STD's stupid CGIfest

Attached: orville models.webm (1920x1080, 2.31M)

Best advice is to watch a couple of good, but also standalone episodes that won't spoil things, but will give you a taste of some of the better things you're in store for.

ex.
The Measure of a Man
Pen Pals
The Survivors
Darmok
Cause and Effect

Then after a couple of those if you're into it, start with Encounter at Farpoint and then just skip over episodes that have a rating below like 5-6/10 on imdb. Or below 2/4 stars on most review sites (Jammer is a good source for picking out episodes worth skipping).

Once you clear TNG, if you're down for more, start with DS9's Emissary and go from there (again, skip the shitty episodes).

>Just starting DS9
You are so lucky to experience it for the first time, It's my favorite of the Treks and I wish I could go through it for the first time again. That first season is choppy though.

>inb4 it's an Excelsior
IF THEY TOUCH MY SHIPFU I WILL SUICIDE BOMB NICK!

Attached: Excelsior at ESD.jpg (1920x816, 787K)

TOS has a lot of philosophical stuff, just so you know.
It codified that "captain makes speech about how great humans are in the face of opposition, etc" style of writing that has continued into every subsequent Star Trek.

You can jump into TNG if you want, but TOS is honestly still a great show and worth watching imo. Plus there's the movies.

Attached: 1524286373069.jpg (1050x722, 338K)

It has some definite misses, but it has a much stronger first season than Next Gen, Voyager, or Enterprise.

that's hot

Attached: Enterprise and Excelsior vs BoP.webm (1130x480, 2.84M)

who is this semen demon?

Attached: freckledredshirt.png (1000x750, 902K)

Fuck me but I remember that EXACT issue of that magazine!

Random red shirt.

My dad looked at it and called it a toilet

I haven't been able to unsee it

i don't know, but i demand lewds

Attached: Kulkukan ship.jpg (1434x1080, 242K)

Attached: Orion ship.jpg (1434x1080, 323K)

Attached: The Jihad ships.jpg (1434x1080, 309K)

Burn it all down in FLAMES!

Most of Babylon 5 is pretty good although the whole first and last seasons are pretty crummy. The third season is pretty great.

Babylon 5 is worth it just for making Martian Sheen have a vagina forehead.

Attached: Thirdspace alien attack.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

>philosophy in TOS

I expected as much since I think I remember seeing one episode of TOS with that stuff involved I just think my SO would prefer some of the other series. If it were up to me we'd watch all of the series chronologically but they really want to keep going through a show we're in the middle of and I want to maybe trick them into watching the rest of it with me.

They broke a speed limit and are now looking for a space police station so they can pay their speeding ticket.

>Trek is back at maximum warp on every possible frontier.

Explain why licensees do not wish to produce merchandise based on STD?

Explain why members of the cast are barely in demand at conventions & when they do appear they rarely make their guarantees?

Explain that collar on Spock's uniform?

Attached: 1373430625545.jpg (272x252, 8K)

>There's no point in trying to make physical products, they won't pull in the same amount of profit as they're already making.

I don't know if you are a shill or just fucking INSANE.

Attached: 8c8eecd8d2a7b7c903060b2cbfc62fca.jpg (1200x900, 81K)

It’s such a shame that this show had such shit animation, some of the art was great

Compared to the other first seasons, it's a masterpiece.

What did Voyager mean by this?

Attached: 1519655425463.jpg (618x2816, 1.31M)

The ship is pretty but the show is disgusting.

It means you have a small white penis

Attached: EMH gropes Janeway.webm (750x576, 486K)

Well if we're just gonna post fanservice

Attached: 7 of 9 Silver Catsuit.webm (234x468, 130K)

Why not both?

Attached: kim takes it all off.webm (898x720, 1024K)

>filename
You dumbass, that isn't Harry Kim - it's his parallel duplicate from the episode Deadlock

Attached: 7 of 9 being given a shoulder rub.webm (1058x653, 1.27M)

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Attached: Xindi attack.webm (854x480, 2.11M)

Attached: Malcolm Reed greentext 2.jpg (789x537, 68K)

He was always missing his finger; you can see it in old Power Rangers episodes. He just did a good jon moving his hands and keeping them out of shots.

There are a couple of episode guides, ask /stg/ and someone will usually post them. TOS is perfectly skippable, but I think you'd be remiss not watching a few of the classic episodes.