Magic The Gathering Animated Series in the works

Hasbro and Boulder Media are developing a 2D Magic the Gathering animated series. A live action MTG movie is also in the works at Paramount Pictures.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5W9t62t10I
amazon.com/Ravnica-Magic-Gathering-War-Spark/dp/1984817450/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=War of the Spark&qid=1556019390&s=gateway&sr=8-2
youtube.com/watch?v=RVt9rJw0GYQ
magic.wizards.com/en/story
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/pie-fights-2016-11-14
youtube.com/watch?v=SM3BT0YURMM
mtg.gamepedia.com/Commander_(format)
mtg.gamepedia.com/Color_identity
media.wizards.com/2019/downloads/MagicCompRules 20190125.txt
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/d/de/Rulebook_v10.pdf/revision/latest?cb=20170727065122
yugioh-card.com/ph/event/rules_guides/?lang=en
yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text
yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Simultaneous_Effects_Go_On_Chain
wpn.wizards.com/en/document/magic-gathering-tournament-rules
movieweb.com/dungeons-and-dragons-movie-reboot-production-start-summer-2019/
screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-movie-update-casting/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4BuL886bJA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Flash_animated_television_series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did Projared commission this to be made?

Are the MTG IDW comics good?

>Boulder Media

So either Flash or CG

Thanks, I hate it

Are Boulder Media bad?

A netflix series would be good,just let french people to do it. The team that made the animation for Martin Mistery and Totally Spies would be perfect.

MTG is such a terrible fucking entity. Nobody plays with honor; everyone just looks up the biggest exploits and reliable V/D ratio decks online and use them as much as possible until 99.9% of the game isn't even remotely viable.

I mean,the new Micronauts cartoon looks good by the leaked art. I wonder how the new Zoids cartoon from Hasbro will be.

Attached: Micronauts-concept-art.jpg (1150x719, 182K)

Here plot of the new Micronauts cartoon:

"When fate brings an unlikely team of alien space explorers to earth in pursuit of the evil Baron Karza, they make a shocking discovery—on our world they are the size of action figures! The Micronauts are small heroes in a big world but the stakes are higher than ever as their miniaturized size presents dangerous obstacles at every turn. Fortunately, they forge an alliance with teenager Cameron Ruck, who will join them in their pursuit of justice. Although the Micronauts are small in stature, their bravery and adventurous spirits remain larger than life."

Now that Hasbro owns Boulder Media....new G.I.Joe cartoon when?

It's probably too much to hope for, but I'd love it if each episode took place on a different plane.

Attached: MTG Map Resized.png (3925x3007, 376K)

Can someone explain this nerd shit to me? I don't understand it,it looks complicated as fuck.

EDH is awesome.

who hurt you user?

I hope my waifu is in it.

Attached: ppro-2017-emrakul-the-aeons-torn.jpg (672x936, 330K)

Thoughts on the new CGI MTG commercial?

youtube.com/watch?v=b5W9t62t10I

$27,302 for a piece of cardboard that is banned from use.

Attached: BlackLotus.jpg (3000x4748, 1.72M)

Y-you wanted to say 27$ r-right?

$27,302 last year and one's currently up for $100,000.

You're not even allowed to use it.

Wtf,who pays so much for a fucking card game????? How? I make those money in a year

Speculating investors took over the market for vintage cards to the extent that there are almost no more players in certain formats.

My dude, who in their right mind would pay millions for a fucking postage stamp? People who believe in it's value, that's who.

There are videos on youtube teaching you.

Is Bolas still main villain?

In the game?

His saga just wrapped up, actually. They're going to do a core set in the summer, then start a new saga in the fall.

New Phyrexia and Garruk Wildspeaker are likely candidates for the next main villain.

Attached: New Phyrexia or Garruk.png (594x448, 600K)

How did they even manage to deal with Bolas?

>Black Lotus
>banned
Confirmed for Ravnicababy casual
Go cry over the fact I own commander decks more expensive than your car

They look boring,Bolas was awesome.

Phyrexians have ALWAYS been the end game villains
Nicol Bolas was a dumb distraction with his MUH SPARK bullshit
Planeswalkers were funner before Time Spiral

Attached: 81PmSHAY00L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 490K)

remember when players were supposed to be planeswalkers

Does MTG have any waifus?

Attached: elesh.jpg (400x400, 27K)

How would an MTG movie even work?

So last time on Magic: The Gathering, Bolas was using a planar bridge to invade Ravnica with an army of zombies called Eternals and 4 giant zombie gods. He's forcing Liliana to command his army, which he can do because he has legal ownership of her soul.

But when Lili sees that the eternals are about to kill Gideon, she says, "Fuck it," and orders one of the zombie gods to suck Bolas' planeswalker spark out of his body.

Bolas is super pissed and tries to use his ownership of Lili's soul to kill her, but Gids is all, "Not today!" and absorbs the damage so that he dies instead.

Lili wants to kill Bolas, but Ugin shows up and says, "Naw, gurl, that shit ain't gonna work. My baby bro will just come back to life again like he did before. We gotta make sure he stays gone for good this time!"

So Ugin cracks open the gem in between Bolas' horns, which turns out to have actually been a secret planar bridge to Bolas' Meditation Realm all along. He takes the now sparkless Bolas into the Meditation Realm with him, then sacrifices his own spark to isolate it from the rest of the multiverse forever. So now Ugin and Bolas can never leave the Meditation Realm, and no one else can ever get in.

Then Ashiok shows up and says, "That's pretty good, but how about we go one step beyond?" He uses his weird magic to make everyone forget Bolas' name, so that no one can ever even think to look for him again.

Then Jace says, "And I helped!" The end.

How the fuck do you know this stories from? They have comics? Or books that tell this stories? Or it on a site like Bionicle stories?

I like how ironic Bolas's end is.

look at this faggot.

I bet you mana weave

It's from a book that just came out today! Here's an amazon link if you want to buy it:

amazon.com/Ravnica-Magic-Gathering-War-Spark/dp/1984817450/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=War of the Spark&qid=1556019390&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Dude, Magic the Gathering is CHILD'S PLAY compared to other TCGs.

I thought Dungeons and Dragons was childs play. This one gets a movie in 2021 by Paramount and Hasbro. Was Hasbro the best thing to happen to WotC? Hasbro is like Disney,they buy ips.

Post your favorite Planeswalker Yea Forums

DnD is like Warhammer 40k concerning learning difficulty.
It's rather hard to get into, but once you get the core concepts, the rest is easy.

Emeria.

Attached: 636905065454294344.png (265x370, 159K)

>planeswalker trash
>not the weatherlight chronicles
It's shit

I like how MTG has parallels in DC's Multiverse. Jacetice League, Blind Eternities and the Bleed, different Earths and planes, Eldrazi and the Gentry, Time Spirals and Crises.

How do you think Nicole, pre-mending would fare in the DCU?

Attached: svetlin-velinov-nicol-bolas-the-ravager.jpg (400x400, 57K)

A MTG cartoon might be just the thing to get me into the world and away from RNGStone

>..new G.I.Joe cartoon when?
In the current politcal landscape, probably never.

>I like how MTG has parallels in DC's Multiverse. Jacetice League, Blind Eternities and the Bleed, different Earths and planes, Eldrazi and the Gentry, Time Spirals and Crises.
Can you elaborate for someone who knows a lot about DC but nothing about MTG but is interested?

youtube.com/watch?v=RVt9rJw0GYQ

Can some give a TLDR on the story/lore of MTG? How does it compare to the likes of Warcraft or Warhammer in terms of world-building? Kinda interested.

>different Earths and planes

Just like with DC Comics, M:tG is a multiverse consisting of multiple worlds, each of which has a specific theme. Some are loosely based on real world locations during specific time periods, such as ancient Egypt, classical Greece, feudal Japan, renaissance Italy, or South America during the age of exploration. Others are more high concept, such as a world made almost entirely out of metal, a world covered in a giant city, and a world overrun by the monsters from classic horror movies.

If you'd like to learn more, follow the link below, scroll down to the database section, and select "planes" from the left:

magic.wizards.com/en/story

Attached: Planar Portal.jpg (223x310, 33K)

MTG has its "Earths" as Planes. Each plane is the setting for various stories and gameplay. The latest plane is a revisited planet-wide city called Ravnica; currently ground zero for MTG's "Infinity War".

Each plane has themes like weebs, (Kamigawa), murder robots (Phyrexia), pirates and dinosaurs (Ixalan), a 24/7 Halloween town (Innistrad), dragonland (Tarkir), real-life inspired gods of Egypt, Greece/Rome (Amonkhet, Theros for both cultures?), Dominaria (MTG's Earth-0), etc.

Planeswalkers are beings who can do a Barry Allen and "planeswalk" from one plane to the other. They have the spark, which are activated like a metagene, through trauma or intentionally induced iirc. Planeswalking eventually caused rifts, similar to a Crisis-level event.

Back in the old days, planeswalkers are basically immortals who had to give up their spark, others their lives to close these rifts.

Rifts essentially cause the Planes to disintegrate into the Blind Realities (The Bleed). The Blind Realities separate the Planes from one another. There are creatures who live here called the Eldrazi (The Gentry, Hyperflies). There are 3 Eldrazi Titans that whenever they manifest themselves unto a plane (Zendikar is their favorite), their "shadow" manifests as different creatures, similar to our fingers are just part of one hand in a higher dimension (Final Crisis, Superman Beyond, Action Comics New 52).

Some time after the major rifts were closed, one planeswalker schemed his way unto this week's latest story where he wants to trap all the planeswalkes in one plane and steal their spark so he can become godlike again (Think Darkseid but a dragon: ).

>Gatewatch
>Not the brother's war, invasion, or time spiral

Attached: 717.png (569x629, 656K)

>Blind Eternities and the Bleed

The Blind Eternities is not truly a place at all, but more of a metaphor for existing in a transitional phase between one plane and other. Planeswalkers are special people who can survive "passing through the blind eternities", meaning they can travel from one plane to other at will. Anyone who isn't a Planeswalker is turned to ash by the Blind Eternities if they try to travel between planes.

Attached: Coax from the Blind Eternities.png (223x311, 119K)

>world-building
MTG has one one of the best inventions of world-building unmatched by any other. Their color-wheel theory is near-perfection.

Attached: 1_sQcpHoGupN6w7l9NzthoQg.png (1999x1369, 676K)

>The greatest black Mana villain follows the White Mana theory

But Gix is still floating around somewhere in the blind eternities.

>no source

>Time Spirals and Crises

A few years ago, there was a story in M:tG called Time Spiral, which was used to modernize the cosmology of how M:tG's multiverse works, much like many of DC's Crisis event stories in the past.

Changes included depowering planeswalkers so they would be more on the level of superheroes instead of gods, and making it so the planar portal technology that non-planeswalkers used to travel between planes didn't work anymore.

Attached: The Mending of Dominaria.png (223x311, 132K)

Huh, didn't know this card existed. Into Gitrog you go.

Based and Compleatpilled

Attached: 1378074165408.jpg (607x800, 271K)

>Eldrazi and the Gentry

The Eldrazi are a race of monsters that live by devouring the magical energies of planes, leaving nothing behind but a withered husk. Described by creators of the game as being like a cross between Galactus and a Lovecraftian elder god, they are one of the few forms of life in the multiverse besides planeswalkers who can safely travel between planes. They are so unbelievably ancient that they predate the existence of the five color philosophies that organize most of M:tG's cosmology, which makes their magic so bizarre that no one can truly comprehend it.

All lesser Eldrazi are spawned from Eldrazi Titans. Only three Eldrazi Titans are known to exist, but there may be more. Of the three known Titans, two have been killed, and the third has been made dormant, trapped within the silver moon of the plane called Innistrad.

Attached: Ruin in their Wake.png (223x311, 138K)

>Jacetice League

The Jacetice League is a (derisive) nickname players have given to the Gatewatch, a team of Planewalkers who have banded together to protect the Multiverse from cosmic-level threats, such as the Eldrazi and a megalomaniacal Dragon Wizard named Nichol Bolas.

Members of the Gatewatch wield different types of magic, and as such follow different ideologies based on the five color philosophies. But they have put these ideological differences aside in order to accomplish feats as a team that none of them could alone.

Attached: Call the Gatewatch.png (223x311, 117K)

I agree, the color philosophies are probably the best thing about M:tG lore.

Anyone interested in learning more about them should definitely read this article:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/pie-fights-2016-11-14

Then, if you want to learn even more, read the five articles linked to at the beginning of that one, which go in-depth into what belief systems each of the colors represent.

Attached: Coalition Victory.jpg (223x310, 29K)

Looks good

Bolas chads rise up!

wait MTG has original characters and art? I always thought the art for those cards was from dnd stuff, like I swear some of those cards had art and characters from Dragonlance.

How can i understand the MTG story? Read books? Which order then? Or comics?

Urza died and everything after that is shit.
There 20 years summed up

Get rekt

Attached: war-26-prison-realm.png (745x1040, 814K)

Are spoilers for WAR leaked?
And by that I mean story spoilers not cards

Wonder who the Main Character would be

My bet is Chandra, because A) Red Decks are the best and B) Most people love her

Attached: ivan-tao-mtg-sketch-feb2015-chandra-edit-fb.jpg (1920x1446, 905K)

is that really supposed to me Emrakul

Attached: jXk2fXm.jpg (375x523, 46K)

Oh neat, will it be sent to a network only to be buried by TTG or Spongebob, or will it be sent to Netflix purgatory where still nobody will watch it and the people who did will forget about it in a week after watching all the episodes in a day?

Yes, and it's as disappointing as you would expect of the current writing staff

>War of the Spark
>We actually have more planeswalkers now then when we started

people watched the Stretch Armstrong cartoon and The Dragon Prince on netflix.

Punished Bolas, a dragon whose plans got derailed. Look at him and laugh.

> Netflix purgatory
Thats only if its boring or sucks, if its good people wont shut up about it,

How did I not know this card existed?
It's so easy to make it go off in EDH it's laughable

>people watched the Stretch Armstrong cartoon
Funny joke user

Attached: 1492165299614.png (220x324, 38K)

How many miniatures and MTG cars does Yea Forums own? I have like 20 miniatures and 100 MTG cards. I paid for like 10 cards,the rest I stole from stores I went in,when nobody looked I opened the the packaging and put the cards in my bag

Attached: IMG_20190423_181801.jpg (768x821, 134K)

I only play on Arena so I don't have any physical cards but more then hundred or so in digital

Wait,MTG has figures?

Because you either play with different people everytime or you'll be able to use it once and only once, since it's very easy to predict you'll be doing it and someone will save a counterspell for that.

Because it’s banned in edh

I use a sensitive scale to find foils and grab the free commons from the store’s donation box

So like American Yu-Gi-Oh?

Attached: yugi and anzu.jpg (720x538, 57K)

Based pirates

Lore aspect is a few people in the game's multiverse called Planeswalkers setting get something called a Spark. This enables them to do magic shit, but also travel to other planes

It mostly allowed them to stop writing coherent stories anymore, and just make generic fantasy generated plots that still "work" because on eor two names are the same as the previous arc.

How many reboots does MTG have?

How so?

Yugioh was a commercial and instruction manual for the cards, I think this will be focused more on the lore of the game instead.

Doubful, it will be more D&D like with everyone using magic like mages and few summoning

zero hard reboots, one soft reboot that nerfed planeswalkers from demiurges to just really potent wizards and depowered the few surviving planeswakers from the era of Ezra's war

Who gives a shit. It will be the Jace show, staring Jace.

Well, Jace was pretty insignificant in the climactic showdown. It mostly came down to Liliana and Gideon, while Jace went on Niv-Mizzet's scavenger hunt

It should be Gideon

>namedropping anything else but Gerard as a MC
utterly disgusting.

Liliana should be because she makes my benis hard :))

Are the comics good?

Imposible, yugioh was made for print media with an actual game far behind it.
Magic has too many rules just for playing cards too be made into a cartoon

>Magic has too many rules
imagine being stuck at a preteen mental state your whole life, holy shit that's sad.

That's why a MTG cartoon should be about the lore and not the actual game.

It should be Lili with Jace as her bitchboi

Attached: 416e018fcc4e747395c46a11b7d868f6--fun-cards-pictures.jpg (236x314, 23K)

It's almost like having referring to magic having more rules than yugioh so that making a cartoon about PLAYING the card game would be shit
You need to be 18+ to post here

Attached: 1538232279552.jpg (637x476, 44K)

>it's a Jace fucks with his memory episode

Attached: the_road_to_ixalan_by_amely14128_dbo3jqv-fullview.jpg (1024x567, 108K)

>magic having more rules than yugioh
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>new Zoids cartoon

Attached: 1518850139656.png (261x337, 188K)

I know nothing about MTG but I like the the art of it I've seen of it. Especially those giant boney-meaty things like pic related. Other than that I know nothing of it but if this shit showed up in the movie I'd watch it. From what I understand it's just a card game and those games are luck based shit usually.

Attached: grip_of_desolation_by_lasahido-d9a9wwc.jpg (1200x1634, 675K)

I like it.

Attached: 1556025885255.jpg (600x1200, 140K)

Me too,the art is comfy as fuck. What are those tentacle women? Ixalans?

They're called Eldrazi. They're MtG's equivalent of Lovecraft.
If you play with them you deserve to be shot.

I can't wait for Yea Forums to find about Ral

Attached: 1555951721438.jpg (225x850, 212K)

>you deserve to be shot
Why???

Attached: thgfhfj.png (1004x1397, 2.62M)

MTG looks pretentious as fuck with books and everything. PASS

It's not a new Zoids cartoon, it's a dub of Zoids Wild, which is okay
youtube.com/watch?v=SM3BT0YURMM

Attached: Zoids-Wild-Switch-Init_09-12-18.jpg (600x337, 60K)

I meant pic related

Attached: sYCla2unGd_0.jpg (1920x1120, 580K)

did somebody say tentacle women

Attached: Untitled.png (668x1872, 2.64M)

F

Attached: 1442251360.png (1440x960, 1.74M)

It means you were either playing Eldrazi when Eye of Ugin was still legal, and are a total cunt. Or, you play Tron and should fuck right off.

What do you mean? You still play as a Planeswalker. How else can you summon multiple creatures from multiple different planes?

I hate to agree with you but I kinda agree with you.
Pauper needs more attention.

Post the correct one.

Attached: 705px-Brisela.jpg (705x600, 85K)

Vraska is a gorgon planeswalker that was responsible for the best guild leader getting killed.

Attached: a25-210-niv-mizzet-the-firemind.jpg (672x936, 245K)

Niv planned his own death and resurrection. She did killed Isperia, and that was just out of spite.

>tfw goblins are too strong to need or even want a planeswalker

Vraska is hot

Attached: greg-rutkowski-vraska-scheming-gorgon-1200.jpg (904x1200, 403K)

>Who is Daretti

>Trapped
Do not forget - They are all my pieces. They always were. I just no longer want to play.

Post one of her best art

Attached: mtg__vraska__golgari_queen_by_dopaprime_dcn5jf7-fullview.jpg (800x1062, 130K)

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET IN THE STORY?

And is the game fun?

*blocks your path*

Attached: D3u9aWPWAAIEPVa.jpg (886x1200, 158K)

>HOW THE FUCK DO I GET IN THE STORY?
Is really hard, there's 25 years worth of lore and it's convoluted.
>And is the game fun?
Limited is fun. Best advice is buy some decks to play with your friends and when you get the hang of it buy one box to make limited decks with whatever you open to experience the building part.
Competitive is very expensive.

game's fun but you'll find yourself taking breaks from it for a while

t. player since avacyn restored

Why would they produce a cartoon that does nothing to promote the current sets?

Do you not know what vintage is?

Do yo not know the difference between thousands and millions?

The players are still planeswalkers, what are you getting at?

Just install MTG Arena.

>HOW THE FUCK DO I GET IN THE STORY?
You don't. Just follow along with the story as it comes out if you start playing. Anything that you'd need to know gets explained.
>And is the game fun?
Winning is fun. There's not a lot of games I've played in a competitive setting where I thought to myself "That was really fun" afterwards.

Based and redpilled

>And is the game fun?
EDH mode is.

I'd honestly love a GI-Joe cartoon that looks like the micronauts concept art. It feels like a natural progression of the saturday morning cartoon style

Because the current set stories are trash

Not quite - waaay back when, at the very beginning, before the idea of 'blocks', they let some outside companies write books and comics and shit and just do whatever with them. Where 'planeswalker' just meant 'powerful mage' and basically everyone was one. Their status now is...weird, because they're obviously not part of how things are now, but they've taken some events and references from them.

I lived trough the Weatherlight Saga.
Let's not kid ourselves, it was terrible.

There's way more money to be made trying to corral the Avengers audience in with the capeshit stories they've been doing.

Hasbro does dubs now? Its still strange they have it listed like they made it or/and own the IP.

If Hasbro has been paying attention to the market, they probably know action-based shows keep getting canned, so safe option would be to make a comedy show with superheroes.

They onw it witg Takara. Hasbro has their own animation studio,boulder media.

vraska/jace otp dont even argue about this

That's not even the best art for that card, let alone the best Vraska art.

Attached: scvPNcA[1].jpg (452x600, 268K)

Any mtg ships? Love stories?

Nu bolas sucks

Jace/Lili
Jace/Vraska
Gideon/Lili
Sorin/Nahiri
Those gay guys from Theros who had statues made of them touching spear tips.

Forgot to mention NIssa and Chandra lezzed out when they thought they were going to die on Kaladesh

sorry, the big blue cock belongs to snake cloaca now, and Lili had beefslab to be tsundere with.
i forgot my image the first time, sorry

Attached: jace and vraska.jpg (778x1027, 97K)

Nissa/Chandra/Lilliana

Attached: 1522898015078.jpg (1191x670, 95K)

Eldrazi are big creatures with game-breaking abilities but also equally big mana costs. Some Eldrazi decks rely on turbo ramp to get a lot of mana, or on cheapining all colorless spells. Some just use a "put into play for no cost" card like Show and Tell or Through the Breach to cheat them in, usually they go for the biggest one and dont bother with the rest since at that point the game is pretty much over. Eldrazi decks are cancer but they're mostly fair cancer if you know what you're up against and can preemptively sideboard your responses.

Attached: ermacool, the aeons hip.jpg (396x554, 132K)

>MTG cartoon
>Features Gatewatch

Attached: LgL.jpg (628x504, 32K)

Source?

Attached: kld-75-diabolic-tutor.jpg (672x936, 141K)

Using a scale isn’t stealing, fuck gacha shit, fuck lootboxes, and fuck wizards.

Attached: 22253126-79AD-45BF-A58F-9CE02081997E.jpg (1136x640, 79K)

still less humiliating for Bolas than when he got killed by a single human samurai-wizard

was there anyone on the original Gatewatch team who Chandra *didn't* want to bone?

>This guy is the main villain

Attached: 1545326214658187.png (375x523, 379K)

Jace.

Would Watch

at least he got to bang Lili and hook up with the hot monster girl

we can hope

True that.

mate, this isn't a rivalry question. Magic has 10+ years ahead of Yu-Gi-Oh and both games introduce a bunch of new rules every set, of course Magic will have more rules due to existing for more time.
The game is also at least somewhat based on keyword and card type combination since the very start, something that Yu-Gi-Oh only started having once in a while.
The only reason why it looks like Yu-Gi-Oh has more rules than Magic is the type 2 text in every single card, but those things could often be surmised into a single keyword referring to a rule (like in MtG).

you are fucking retarded and never played any

>A custom card that actually adheres to the lore

Nice.

Magic only has more mechanics than Yugioh. Rules are pretty easy on both sides.

MTG
>When X enters the battlefield, destroy target creature.

Yu Gi Oh
>When X is played and there is another monster on your opponents side of the field you may target that monster and destroy that monster. That monster is sent to your opponents graveyard.

Myrrodyn was my favorite universe, what happened to it?

It was improved

Elesh Norn made some improvements

But not the rules.
Emblems are in the command zone, just stating 'exile them' doesn't work because a blanket 'exile' like that defaults to 'on the battlefield' unless otherwise specified
Also 'Firststrike' and the last ability not needing to specify 'as long as ~ is on the battlefield', and various capitalization issues.

Get out of here with that strawman bullshit.

Why am I retarded, please point what's wrong in my post.
I actually played both, kinda play Arena every now and then if new sets look good. Yu Gi Oh is a lot more confusing, specially compared to (new-border) Magic, which is very streamlined in how it presents it's rules.

So there are these monsters in M:tG lore called Phyrexians, and they're sort of like if the Borg had a baby with the Zerg, then abandoned it to be raised by Tyrannids. The heroes of the old storyline thought they had wiped the Phyrexians out, but what they didn't know was that if even one drop of Phyrexian goo (called the glistening oil) manages to survive, then it can keep making more of itself, corrupting the ground, the air, and all the living creatures.

The golem Karn was built with a planeswalking engine of Phyrexian design. Unbeknownst to him, whenever he visited a new plane, he would leak a small amount glistening oil onto it, beginning the slow slow process of its corruption. Mirrodin was one such world, and now enough time has passed that the entirety of that world has fallen to the corruptive power of the oil. Scattered pockets of uncorrupted survivors living in hiding are all that remains of the original Mirran culture. Everything else has become New Phyrexia.

Attached: Phyrexian Rebirth.png (223x311, 117K)

>The only reason why it looks like Yu-Gi-Oh has more rules than Magic is the type 2 text in every single card, but those things could often be surmised into a single keyword referring to a rule (like in MtG).

The bulk of MtG rule-autism comes from stack interaction, not the cards themselves. That whole Yu Gi Oh thing is still a single play, but there's nothing (in a hypothetical scenario) stopping 12 other things from happening during your casting and the spell resolving (or fizzling).
You could cast something like Teferi's Phasing, for instance, and your entire board would simply not exist, which is a very weird rule. Magic being more streamlined in it's text doesn't change the fact that it has a billion little rules (as a matter of fact, the text streamlining is precisely what allows it to have more rules than YGO, imagine how a creature like that would be explained in YGO).

Attached: soi-31-odric-lunarch-marshal.jpg (488x680, 117K)

They're inoffensive schlock. I like Dack though.
HAHAHAHA. No. We can't have multiple planes with unique and interesting characters because that's not good for the brand. Keep the same 5 main characters and have the same villains appear everywhere. Sure there COULD be different planes but is Chandra VS Garruk on Innistrad really all that different from Chandra VS Garruk on Shandalar?
I assume you meant to say "My one EDH playgroup is awesome" because otherwise you are wrong.
There are different 'eras' of MTG lore. Originally you were a powerful wizard (Planeswalker) who could travel between worlds. You fought and dueled other planeswalkers and summoned facsimiles of creatures you encountered and cast spells you saw/learned from other creatures/worlds as well.

The first age of story is all sorts of random bullshit but still pretty good (Brother's War, Homelands etc...) and then we get into the second age of story with the Weatherlight. An airship that can travel between worlds. Picture fantasy Star Trek. Starts off pretty low scale and escalates to a world ending war. Next few arcs were all self contained to the planes they were on and then the fourth age introduced a main cast of planeswalkers who act as power rangers saving the day from reoccurring villains.

Brother's war would make a shitty series. Invasion and Time Spiral are both way too based on past events and lore for audiences to enjoy without an ungodly amount of exposition.

Individual block stories (Onslaught, Kahns, Shards, Innistrad, Mirrodin, etc...) could make decent 1-2 season animated stroies ala the Clone Wars cartoon but Gatewatch or Weatherlight are the best options for a long form continual series.

>A live action MTG movie is also in the works at Paramount Pictures.

This movie has been "in the works" for at least a decade now. At what point to they just admit the whole thing was just a bamboozle?

>Resolving an 8 mana sorcery in multiplayer EDH that fizzles if your creatures are removed in response.
>easy to make it go off
user, I...

Both Hive and Overlord can pull that out kinda easily, since your creatures will be kinda safe and you can tutor them.
The card itself is the most vulnerable part of the combo I guess.

The tentacle-haired women are called Gorgons. They are a race with a strong affinity for black magic, and on some worlds they also have a minor affinity for green magic. They have a natural talent for alchemy, and some are able to turn enemies to stone by simply making eye contact.

Gorgons are known to exist on the planes of Dominaria, Shandalar, Ravnica, and Theros.

Attached: Archetype of Finality.jpg (223x310, 28K)

'Banned in EDH' just means 'the Rules Committee doesn't like it in their playgroup'

>Sure there COULD be different planes but is Chandra VS Garruk on Innistrad really all that different from Chandra VS Garruk on Shandalar?

That would be enough to satisfy me. I mostly just want those interesting background locations. I can live with the main characters being the usual suspects.

user, I'm not sure what kind of group you play with, but if you are capable of winning with Coalition Victory in a Sliver deck you should be able to win without Coalition Victory approximately 3 and a half turns earlier.

Yeah, I know and feel kinda silly not having put that addendum in. But my playgroup is all about trying weird shit as well, so this is the type of card people would try if they were feeling cheeky.
Also
>playing 5 color
>not ramping
you can probably pull that off earlier than t4, depending on how good your manabase is

Sorry for late reply I was at work.

MTG looks great but decades of lore with no clear entry-level material that I can relate to. The medium of animation is. Plus I've been looking to get away from Hearthstone seeing as how broken it is now and I've heard good things about MTG as a strategy game

(and I'm not a very serious player either so please forgive me if I'm messing up my ramp, these days I only ever play Izzet and maybe Grixis decks with very fair curves so ramp-memery isn't my type of thing)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 'no' you cannot pull this off turn 3 outside of combos that would already win you the game (ie: show and tell -> omniscience -> enter the infinite).

you know edh is an officially supported format now, right

post your mtg waifu

Attached: mma-177-jhoira-of-the-ghitu.jpg (672x936, 284K)

It's not DCI sanctioned. The banned list is essentially a recommendation, but almost all the players adhere to it.

Magic has less mechanics than yugiho, considering how yugiho needs a page of text of special rule for each vaguely legendary card it gets.
Magic has the good idea to regrouping same effects under keywords. But globally Magic cards will get less rules, not more.

Buddy did I fucking say it was DCI sanctioned?
Commander is an official format with official rulings and an official banlist and official products that contain official Commander-oriented cards.

Attached: c18-240-command-tower.jpg (672x936, 208K)

Yes, I know.
And the shitshow of a banned list is based solely on the Rules Committee's personal playgroup and what they like/don't like.
If something isn't being used in their group, it doesn't warrant being looked at and is unimportant.
And they are the ones that decide on it, rather than WotC, since WotC didn't want to take the format out of the hands of the people who made it what it was (their words) when they made it official.

Said banlist is OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED BY WIZARDS.

Attached: Capture.png (744x662, 133K)

Holy shit you fucking dolt, have you ever played MtG? Each keyword has several rules about how it interacts with everything else that might interact with it, just because they're not printed in the card like some schizophrenic ramblings doesn't mean Magic has less rules than Yu Gi Oh, only less text.
jesus christ

what's a "commander's color identity" and why should I put mana in it?

Attached: dom-208-tiana-ship-s-caretaker.jpg (672x936, 228K)

You could have found out if you tried just a little. Color identity is whatever mana symbol shows up in a card, commander or not, and commander is clearly a type of card.

Yes? And it's decided in an arbitrary and shitty fashion. Which is, again, 'the Rules Committee doesn't like it, so it's gone'

mtg.gamepedia.com/Commander_(format)
mtg.gamepedia.com/Color_identity

In short: The Commander format has you selecting a Legendary creature as your deck's Commander. Commanders can do a bunch of fun extra tricks. Commanders also decide what colors the rest of your deck can use. has a color identity of red/white, so you can't use blue, black, or green cards in a deck with it as the commander. Color identity is different from regular, straight up color, as color identity also counts the colored mana symbols in the text box as well.

Alas, poor hybrid mana.

You didn't say "it means 'the Rules Committee doesn't like it".

You said "'Banned in EDH' just means 'the Rules Committee doesn't like it"

Key word: just.

It isn't JUST some third party. Wizards approves of it as well.

Yes. Because they approve any and all changes to Commander that the Rules Committee makes or doesn't make, and have no hand in the changes themselves (other than publicizing the changes).
So yes, it IS just the Rules Committee making these decisions.

They better base this on Weatherlight...

It's possible that they'd base it around the new crew of the Weatherlight. Joira restored it, but it cant planeswalk anymore.

For anybody doubting how complex MTG rules are, here's the comprehensive rules in plain text. media.wizards.com/2019/downloads/MagicCompRules 20190125.txt

Time to stop posting Karn.

there's no complete rulebook for YGO apparently but these 4 texts are supposed to be the entirety of the rules
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/d/de/Rulebook_v10.pdf/revision/latest?cb=20170727065122
yugioh-card.com/ph/event/rules_guides/?lang=en
yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text
yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Simultaneous_Effects_Go_On_Chain
and even counting how a lot of it involves etiquette and erratas, I still think it's smaller than only section 701 of the MtG rules

Karn is best boy.

Attached: Karn-the-Great-Creator-War-of-the-Spark-Arts.jpg (960x1200, 252K)

The MTG comprehensive rules only pertains to how the game itself works. There's a separate set of rules for stuff like how tournaments are structured and player etiquette called the tournament rules. wpn.wizards.com/en/document/magic-gathering-tournament-rules

Card errata is handled by the oracle, which is what is referenced by Wizards's official card search in Gatherer and based boy third party search engine scryfall.

>Card errata is handled by the oracle
only if you're a fag, if you're a real mvp you lawyer the shit out of that old text until it fits your purpose

Yugioh's deeper mechanics are all extrapolations of what's in the core rules. There's also a document on specific card rulings that's available to judges and Japan has a publically-accessible ruling database that clears up a lot of the weird bullshit about how cards work (which may or may not be applicable in non-Asian territories). Technically speaking, the tournament policy is also an aspect of the rules, since without it, you wouldn't have to do things like reveal cards you search, which isn't actually an aspect of game mechanics. But in general, Yugioh cards just have obnoxiously specific wordings to avoid issues with ruling-related baggage. It's how the game avoids things like Karn Liberated's -14 having its own section of Magic's official rules dedicated just to clarifying how it works. If that card was written like a Yugioh card, it would have some sort of clarification text on the actual card to explain things like whether or not you can take mulligans, sideboard, who's on the play/draw, etc. instead of leaving it up to external rulings.

But those things were in my post.
Again, that's my initial point, Magic has far more rules than YGO. This isn't even an advantage for me, but it's the truth.
The real advantage between MTG and YGO for me is keywords, because those specific rulings are just useless, I never had any issue in any game I played where someone casted Karn (mostly because everyone will nuke him before he reaches his ult but still)

Will it be funny like the Duel Masters dub?

And then lose because >official errata

They're honestly about the same. Both games are unnecessarily complicated in a lot of respects. Yugioh is more intimidating on a surface level and has simpler documentation than Magic and Magic looks more streamlined and accessible on the surface, but it gets more complicated the deeper down you go and the more you need to understand. They're both full of unreasonably complicated bullshit, with the main difference being that Magic is a little easier to ctrl + F to find an answer for if you don't have a judge on hand because of how much more detailed the documentation is.

I used Karn as an example less because it was practical (barring Tron players griefing people, I'd be surprised to hear if anyone has used his ult) and more because there's a lot of stuff related to that ability that's not clarified on his card, while Yugioh cards usually explain all of the dumb shit related to the card on its actual effect text if there are any weird elements to how it works. Pic related for example.

Also, the tournament policy you linked isn't the tournament policy I'm talking about and doesn't mention the bit about search effects. That and card verification (before the most recent policy update) and siding were the only things really important to gameplay.

Attached: dcfk2zg-633b17d0-ac93-4016-95d5-fdd856ba1c8b.png (549x800, 900K)

I was going to say "It would be better for it to be anime" when I recalled that the Xmen Anime were shit.
At this point the ideal would be if Netflix had the things and make it like Castlevania, Devilman or Love, Death and Robots.

Gonna need some freaking citation, user

That's what you get when people start to push a game's meta to its limits. Did you expect anything else from Spikes who play to win?

If it's going to cover the fucking Gatewatch then I don't give a fuck

Fair enough. I don't know if it's because I started playing MTG before YGO was even a thing, but I stopped playing around Kamigawa / Mirrodin and came back last year and needed very little updating.
Meanwhile, I had to drop YGO because between me dropping and returning in two years, there were all these bizarre sorts of summons and card type suddenly started mattering.
I should also add my first introduction to MTG was through an older cousin who literally had to go to analysis due to "mtg addiction" or whatever, meanwhile, my introduction to YGO was the anime and I mostly played casual whatever we had until the cartoon was over and only people like my cousin were playing, and I'm a kitchen table player first and foremost, on any game, even ones where "kitchen table player" isn't a concept.

So, any idea on the character design in "Planeswalkers Spark!"

Attached: tumblr_oru0g2D7Jr1rkxg0uo1_1280.jpg (1000x673, 147K)

>that pic
kek

>paper-cutter hero complex sacrifices himself to save worthless sack-of-shit
At least it makes my job of collecting all the Gideon cards easier.

Attached: 1529520037651.jpg (288x252, 24K)

>instruction manual for cards
>breaks and/or bends rules practically every episode

Attached: 1539563944653.png (397x402, 357K)

Oh god there's another Emracool card edit? I always use an Aeons Hip proxy in my Eldrazi decks.

It will be like The Lego Movie: we were the Planeswalkers all along.

For the most part, cards function the way they're supposed to. Joey didn't make up new effects for Jinzo or Panther Warrior.
They adequately explain how to play the game and what booster tin you should make your parents buy you when Battle City starts.

Literally every competitive card game is like that user. You just have to play formats that are more casual.

Not banned in vintage man.

There we go. Now MTG is like Yugi-Oh!

Attached: RQNf0X1.jpg (1260x1764, 1007K)

There should be something about your opponent not being able to respond to you playing lands.

literally every competitive game*

It's ironic that people bitch about minmaxing in MTG though since it probably has some of the broadest most complex decision trees of any game out there, some of which start before you even sit down to play a game, and there's rarely a clear cut best 75 to bring to any given tournament because it's all dependent on what the rest of the field is bringing on any given day.

Reminded me to make a proper set of these.

Attached: pokemon_or_magic_the_gathering_mana_energy_cards_by_iamthedaveo_d6uzd5d-pre.jpg (1690x473, 89K)

>reeeee, Jace bad
hey Grandpa, how's 2009 treating you?

>planeswalkers as the mcs
Shit before it even started.

Attached: Image.png (265x370, 186K)

A Magic the Gathering Cartoon could be cool. They’d never do it right though. They’d want it to be a super hero cartoon, when really you’d want it to be an adventure show. You’d also have to let it be an adult cartoon, with the death, killing, and other mature stuff they have in the cards.

They’d have to make the main character a planeswalker given the source material that way you can explore the different planes. Make it a completely new character, have a 60-90 minute first episode where you introduce the basics of the universe (how most magic works) and then the character’s spark ignites at the end, and they end up on a new plane and get swept up in the greater plot, meeting an older/experienced planeswalker mentor the main character. Have the first season focus on 3 or 4 planes, with some over arching plot but still focused on exploring the planes themselves.

At the same time, release either some half decent decks (include some decent reprints) that focus on the characters from the show, mostly made for new player but not so completely useless as the current planeswalker decks released with each new set. That way new players can get into the game, but the established players might buy them beyond autisiticly collecting every planeswalker or something.

One of the problems with most of the recent story telling was trying to warp the universe to fit a superhero narrative with the Gatewatch, while the strength of the setting is all the different planes. An adventure story can work as long as the characters as used to explore the universe rather than the different Planes being a stage for the main character to perform on.

are they gonna be playing the game or is it a generic action show that ignores the games entierly like Kaijudo?

well of course it prevents mana flooding bro

>Chaotic is finally getting a second season
All is well

Wait, does the series tell the setting of the card game it was based off of, or is it going to be a Yugioh-clone but instead of technology bringing the cards the life it's magic?

We actually already had an American Yu-Gi-Oh, it's called Chaotic, but it would be interesting for a Yugioh clone to use magic to bring the cards to life than technology

Attached: chaotic.jpg (237x242, 26K)

Attached: Bump in the Night.jpg (223x310, 25K)

IGNORE MEEEE!

i wanna bump liliana in the night

>can never leave the Meditation Realm, and no one else can ever get in.

so... couple of year til he pops up again??

no, it'll take more than a couple years to resolve already unresolved plotlines, but after they're resolved (which would be at least 7 years, more than a couple), you can bet your ass he'll be back at it again, comin' at us live with another keikaku of a "get rich quick" scheme

This is as close to him being shelved as he possibly can be. No one's ever really gone (especially not a character who's already come back from the dead before), but he's never been more off the table than he is right now.

Meanwhile, Karn wants to drop a planar nuke on New Phyrexia, Garruk thinks he's Kraven the Hunter, Elspeth needs a ride out of the Theros underworld, and Tezzeret is doing who knows what. Plenty of other situations that need to be dealt with.

True

Nooooo

Maybe we'll get an original mc like Dack or Davriel.

It seems that the Dungeons and Dragons movie gets traction for filming next year and casting is underway with TLBM director to direct.

movieweb.com/dungeons-and-dragons-movie-reboot-production-start-summer-2019/

The film is said to be GotG meets LotR. This film has good potential.The MTG movie franchise was going to be led by 20th Fox and Synger but since the Disney buyout things have been quiet. I think the MTG rights will have to expire and then Hasbro will move them to Paramount,I also think the success of the D&D movie will decide the fate of the MTG movie.

I watched two Live action D&D movie and a handfull of poorly animated ones.
Even if this is mediocre it would still be an step up.

>The film is said to be GotG meets LotR.
Does Dungeons and Dragons even have lore that could even match those series?

Depends on the setting.

They want the film to be fun like GotG but to have lore and shit like LotR and action. It's gonna be set in a fantasy realm,and not humans from our world travelling there bullshit.

I'm assuming that means 'standard epic fantasy backdrop' combined with 'protagonists are a bunch of little shits and not heros'
So upselling their settings (who am I kidding, it'll be Forgotten Realms) while just having what your standard party ends up being anyways.

>WotC has involvement over D&D movie
Good or bad?

How many cards and miniatures does Yea Forums have?Any D&D players too?

I've played MtG since Theros. Every once in a while I get into Standard, but usually get bored quickly.
Mostly just stick to modern since it's the most played format in my area. Built an EDH deck, but realized how much I don't like EDH afterwards.

screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-movie-update-casting/

>That Hashtag Show reports that Michael Gillio, who was brought in to rewrite Johnson's script, has turned in a new draft that has studio executives "absolutely buzzing." According to That Hashtag Show, McKay is no longer in line to direct and the film is currently without a director. While Paramount looks for a new director, the search has also begun for the movie's male lead.
>The studio is reportedly looking at a list that includes Will Smith, Josh Brolin, Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Matthew McConaughey, Jamie Foxx, Joel Edgerton, Dave Bautista, Jeremy Renner, and Johnny Depp.
Will it be kino? /our movie/?

If you played enough DnD with a decent GM you know shit like GoT and the Witcher are fucking garbage.

wow that's fucking garbage. I'm glad I quit that sinking boat. The inferiority complex it had with fucking yugiho only brought more shit expansion after expansion.

>that's fucking garbage
how so? i think a highlander format sounds neat, and commanders are permanent effects you always have access to, which opens up a lot of options and possibilities. why do you dislike it?

It's solely for a variant format (originally fan-made, now officially supported). Regular Magic is still normal 60 card with max 4 of anything other than basics, only restrictions being 'what's in the format'

None of the things you say have anything to do with Commander. You people are too invested in hating shit.

Are you stupid?

Watch out, you might be dealing with some flashback after that.

wish I

man of culture I see

>thats not the people said when Sorin trounced her in the poll a couple of days ago

He's some monored brainlet. Can you really blame him for being stupid?

10/10 would fug

>flashback with R in the cost
>Red in MTG is the color of passion and emotion
on one hand she might have the hots for me, on the other she might just be angry. i'll take the risk.

Attached: liliana ablaze.png (900x900, 1.21M)

I'm a mtg lorefag, not bad my dude.

Zendikar is just the plane they were trapped on aeons ago.

My man, mtg only has original art. They are owned by the same company though.

I only use them. I have seventeen commander decks. Fite me

Go to the wiki and start digging.

Favorite plane? I love Ixalan

My dude, check out edhrec. I feel pretty bad for you.

Please don't, a guy in my playgroup straight up said that the weird cards I get from /tg/ threads and my sense of humor more than make up for the fact that I mostly win by Niv + Tandem Lookout or lose when playing anything else, so I'm in a comfy spot.

Did it end?

For me it's Ravnica

Attached: ArtID 155256_Soul of Ravnica_Final02.jpg (1500x1123, 384K)

Of course it fucking is.
There is no way the almighty marketing department will not demand that their precious not-avengers be shoved in everyone's faces constantly.

I love them all for different reasons.

I love Lorwyn for its lighthearted whimsy.

I love Innistrad circa Avacyn Restored for the DEUS VULT feeling it captures.

I love Tarkir circa Khans of Tarkir because I'm Temur and that's where the Temur people are.

I love Bablovia because it's silly as shit.

I love Kylem for being the only world in the multiverse where an angel and demon could find love.

But if I had to pick just one, it would probably be Fiora, because of pick related.

Attached: Domesticated Hydra.jpg (672x936, 245K)

Ixalan's catholic conquistador vampires were pretty sweet.

Attached: viktortitov_glorifierofdusk.png (972x669, 510K)

From my understanding the current storyline that just finished is entirely mostly available on the Magic website and in a book that was just released yesterday. Though there are earlier parts of it that can be found in five other books, ebooks, and web comics.

the phyrexians fixed it

haaaaaaaahahahaha
dude that format is older than yugioh

NO
NO SHUT UP ABOUT THE JACETICE LEAGUE

I just wanted to play a game about wizards with no sense of right and wrong...

Attached: Kemba,_Kha_Regent_.jpg (277x204, 28K)

Tarkir hands down. I'm a sucker for that ancient china aesthetic.

also y'know, dragons.

Attached: dtk-216-dragonlord-atarka.jpg (488x680, 169K)

Go home, Sarkhan

no

Attached: form of the dragon.jpg (312x445, 80K)

New phyrexia also has some of the best art direction the game ever had. Elesh norn was posted about earlier, but the other praetors also have great art, as well as the splicers, myr, and just random cards like this one.

Attached: 39422_200w.jpg (200x285, 26K)

Not that guy, but the reason I hate EDH and commander is because of the ridiculous power level involved in it. I've seen so many decks where every single card is a rare or mythic, with just walls of text. Now some people love playing the dick waggling game, and more power to them. But it honestly just feels like a geeky way to drop your wallet on the table and have everyone congratulate you on how big it is.
Additionally, from a game play perspective, I hate how the format leads to 3 hour long matches between all the players essentially playing solitaire next each other, but all waiting their turn to do ONE thing before passing to the next person, only with the extra annoyance of nearly every player also having a trump NOPE card in one flavour or another so even if your personal game of solitaire is about to finish, your opponents can just reshuffle your cards.

Attached: maul_splicer_by_jasonchanart_d8yzblw-fullview.jpg (1024x749, 123K)

Why does that matter?

Brother's War is self contained, I don't see why it would be a bad series.

>Not that guy, but the reason I hate EDH and commander is because of the ridiculous power level involved in it. I've seen so many decks where every single card is a rare or mythic, with just walls of text. Now some people love playing the dick waggling game, and more power to them. But it honestly just feels like a geeky way to drop your wallet on the table and have everyone congratulate you on how big it is.
That's far from representative of the format. Most players have a pet deck or two that they tune the fuck out of and maybe even start on foiling it it out. My most powerful commander deck has mostly commons and uncommons.
>Additionally, from a game play perspective, I hate how the format leads to 3 hour long matches between all the players essentially playing solitaire next each other, but all waiting their turn to do ONE thing before passing to the next person, only with the extra annoyance of nearly every player also having a trump NOPE card in one flavour or another so even if your personal game of solitaire is about to finish, your opponents can just reshuffle your cards.
First off, if your games are taking that long then everybody in your playgroup just sucks, including you. Second, is your complaint that games aren't interactive enough, or that they're too interactive? You can't complain about everybody playing solitaire and then complain that people are answering threats.

>When
Congratulations, your fictional card can miss timing.

I ran an LGS for 2 years, so I'm not saying this as a player, just from hosting EDH nights weekly. The competitive players all had decks worth more than $4000. The casual players had decks like yours, but average player we had were decks in the $1500-2000 range (mostly due to manafixing though honestly).
It might have been the local meta as to why the games took that long, but its not a direct interaction issue. They would always play fucking 6 to 8 player matches and nobody would answer a single threat. They only answered a win condition. So nobody does anything to interact with anyone from a board state level for 2-3 turns, then when someone has a chance at winning, board wipe, everyone start over. Wrath of god or other such spells. There was very little play, just a whole fuck ton of people sitting around not paying attention to each other, yelling about any other bullshit they weren't supposed to be doing and annoying everyone else around them. There was one guy who brought his laptop with him so he could play WHOLE MATCHES on arena while waiting for his turn. And talking with a few other people who play everywhere in the city, the whole city is that way.

Oh, and that doesn't even include the people playing bullshittery ass cards like this fucking planeswalker they added with the last commander decks. Whole decks designed to grind the game into the dirt for the longest fucking time possible.

Attached: oc18-37-aminatou-the-fateshifter.jpg (938x1341, 566K)

Sounds like someone hates fun.

>Competitive EDH
doesn't exist, retards who drop 5000 bucks on their Atraxa Stax Manipulation decks are just frustrated cunts, start a playgroup where everyone agrees on a powerlevel threshold and have fun with the only satisfactory way to play jank in this game.
I've been playing EDH since 2014 or so and none of what you describe has anything to do with my playgroup experience, and whenever one (or two) players started an arms race, we'd just stop calling them to the games. The best player in my group, a guy who consistently wins events at our LGS, plays a Kinayos & Tiro deck that's mostly jank and yet he's able to win a lot of games, if you're mad that someone's a better player than you enough to drop 5000 bucks on cardboard, you should seek a therapist before engaging in any competitive activities.

>start a playgroup where everyone agrees on a powerlevel threshold.

This, this is how you EDH.

I'm just part of the crowd that likes draft best, followed by standard. I like limited so much better than the open formats. Its one of those schisms that exists in magic and i'm happy to stick to my lane.
I could not agree more. I have no idea why people play EDH competitively. It was a format designed around being kitchen table fun. Commander ruined the it due to wizards printing shit specifically for it.

Thanks for the DC analogies, i understood everything

I'm the second guy you've replied to and in all honesty, if you're into CUH RAZY, that commander you've posted is probably the single best thing to happen to MtG in a while.
The one thing I'd change in her is making it grixis or dimir or anything else non-white because honestly it's my least favourite color in MtG.
I've been drinking and my english is probably getting terrible now so I'm sorry.

>The competitive players all had decks worth more than $4000.
How? Did they just have all have original dual lands or something? Assuming each card in your 100 card commander deck is $20 on average (which is absurd because you'd best run some basics for nonbasic land hate), that's $2000.

Mate, I don't know which format you play but manabases by themselves can get pretty wild. My country's rates are very different from the US but I can see someone dropping 1 or 2 thousand bucks on their manabase (including artifacts) alone, then you start to move into shit like tutors. Sliver Queen herself will set you back like a hundred bucks, not to mention the fact that you'll probably want to run one of each dual since it's a 5 collor deck, plus moxes and diamonds and etc., things can get out of control pretty easily. I've seen decks without a single basic land once you leave that two collored commander zone.

>They would always play fucking 6 to 8 player matches
They're just fucking stupid then. 6 is the absolute maximum I will play in, but usually shoot for 4.

Based Ravnicachad

>starring the Jacetice League
Yeah, no.

Attached: arc-112-memnarch.jpg (672x936, 217K)

Is D&D Beyond animated series still happening?n

What?

Weatherlight was shit and Gerrard was a fucking pussy who got his ass beat every time.

Every MTG protag gets their ass beat alot.

War of the Spark was BFZ 2.0 in terms of disappointment. I thought MaRo said the GW stuff was being scaled back but I guess the siren song of ripping off the MCU was too powerful. War of the fucking Spark and we now have MORE planeswalkers, with only like 2 dying.

This, I scaled back my Animar deck so its not fucking aids for casual friends, and goofy shit like Braids (the blue version) are a hoot for multiplayer since it helps everyone get going faster.

If you don't have a good group, why EDH? Just play modern/legacy at FNM or something.

please refrain from talking about my wife when replying to me, thanks

Attached: plc-36-braids-conjurer-adept.jpg (488x680, 154K)

>Atraxa Stax
Oh god, I fondly remember playing against that and the worst part is that I can hear my opponent breath audibly during the entire set.

>Liliana, Dreadhorde General was the true hero today
>Ugin, minutes after Gideon disintegrated himself to save everyone

So a less fun Duel Masters?

Attached: squeaky_by_cherkivi-d6enrxz.png (800x800, 574K)

I have nothing against infect, proliferate or control by themselves, quite the contrary, I actually quite like the three mechanics, but join the three with a lifelink AND deathtouch bonus and you might as well call it enriched uranium because it will cause cancer to anyone near it.
The only way I can think of playing against it and remembering it fondly is because I love when everyone piles on the obvious cunt.
It's a type of deck designed to drain the fun of the game for everyone but the Atraxa player. I don't like to make these kinds of claims and I always try to be a good sport, but it's always a smug cunt who clearly has nothing else going for him playing this or turbofog, people whose fun is ruining everyone else's fun, an the worst part is that most of the time they pretend to not realize it.
There's a guy in my playgroup who's several brackets of income above me (and most of my playgroup), and even when he brings out his big guns, is always for some meme deck that you feel completely justified losing to. Meanwhile, Atraxa stax is a deck I feel dirty even winning against, because I try to play "fair" (I mean, as fair as EDH goes, which is not very much if we're being honest)

She was married to me first, dude.

I'm not feeling confrontational so I'll pass, can I at least have my foil mermaid wife then?

Attached: pogw-155-jori-en-ruin-diver.jpg (672x936, 312K)

That would have been so much better if it either had prowess or cost 1 less mana

I mostly use her as a general in my Niv deck, and not even because the card is particularly good or essential to the deck, just because it's probably the best looking card I've ever seen, in MtG or not.
It reminds me a lot of those 90s Marvel cards but also with a style that panders to my current tastes, so it's like a bro-fist between 7 and 27 yo me in a somewhat efficient creature that's in my favourite colors.

I have an Atraxa +1/+1 counter deck. It's pretty nice.

Not even top 5 for Mermaid waifus. She's no Galina, that's for sure.

Or, you just realize that both Modern and Standard are full of autists, and you decide to exclusively play Commander.

Commander is fucking amazing, and great fun.
Standard is a rip-off and Modern is full of Tryhards.

Any format is good, as long as you play with a group of friends. There's a reason why kitchen table is by far the most played format.

A man of taste, +1/+1 counter manipulation is very much like the Superman of Magic, you'll think it's OP and cool at first, get bored with it because you think you're sofisticated now, then once you become more acquainted to the medium you realize it has always been a patrician choice as long as you know how to execute it with enough competence.

Did anybody every create a viable Meme Machine deck?

>when you get Doubling Season and Jitte out

Modern is way better than EDH for 1v1 games, you only think its tryhards because you need to put thought and a bit of cash (not much depending on what it is) in to actually pull off 4-0's. Standard hasn't been fun in years and is literally just a money sink.

Legacy is for true chads.

Here's my wife.
She made me a better man than I was before.

Attached: MasterTransmuter.png (744x1039, 939K)

Essential in my Reaper King deck, great taste user.

Then what's for Vintage?

Legacy with obvious proxies against people playing real cards* is for true chads
She has given me a tough time in the past but she cool

Are you ready for Yea Forums's Endless Eight?

Attached: teferi.png (400x400, 237K)

Skeletons

>tfw have a foil OG Jitte
>it looks like it's been sanded because no one ever played with sleeves back then.

I've been saying Saturday Morning Gatewatch would be great for years now. The part where they're just hanging around on Ravnica and everyone was miring topless Gideon was great.

Yes

Anyone excited to get this? Also,is Ravnica War for the Spark a good book?

Attached: IMG_20190425_113039.jpg (1250x1593, 672K)

I'm new to this MTG and D&D but are they connected because I saw Ravnica in both D&D and MTG?

It's a bit pulpy, but fine. The resolution is bullshit though.

Really? Huh

look up the plot summary in the /tg/ archive if you're interested. There are a lot of contrivances and deus ex machinas that only work because the author said so. It does have a fitting end for best boy Gideon so that's nice at least.

This

Isthis a new animated series?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4BuL886bJA

So whatever happened to Jace and Vraska storyline? Did it go anywhere?

They’re officially together at the end of War for the Spark

They're off making some Sultai creature tokens.

Please don't lie!!!!!

If I buy miniatures for DnD or MTG do I have to paint them or they are already painted? Because Frankly,I don't want to pay for unpainted figures and I don't want to paint them because I'm not good at it.

I mean there's only one correct choice here and you've all missed it.

Attached: ktk-190-narset-enlightened-master.jpg (672x936, 313K)

Your waifu is degenerate with all her extra turns and combats.

Things can share ideas without actually being connected.

No, they aren't the same universe (/multiverse)

But why is Ravnica in both?

needs more naive Gerrard, tsundere Sissay and based squee

>Things can share ideas without actually being connected.

Favorite DnD monsters Yea Forums? I love Ilithids

I never thought the story elements of the game were good, so it should be an interesting shit-show.

When you said
>Nobody plays with honor;
I thought you were going to talk about how they cheat, be hypocrites with shoving rules down your throat and generally act like little shits.

Beholder

Where’s the source?

MAGIC THE GATHERING IS 12 YEARS OLD CHRIDREN STUID GARBAGE! KYS
DND IS BETTER THANTHIS CRAPI

>Based Gideon dies for the sins of that horrible, unlikable cunt Lilliana
FUCK

D&D is a ruleset, not a world, though it usually does have a "standard" setting (Currently Forgotten Realms, which does not include any MTG shit)
You can set a D&D game in any world you want and since the same company that owns MTG owns D&D they decided to release a book with rules for setting a game on Ravnica

Yeah, every time they do something you like, they destroy it not too long after.

Doens't lilliana die too?

I still don't get how these games work

gideon dies so liliana can live

I wish people would stop repeating the meme that there are more planeswalkers just because they weren't aware Davriel and/or the Chinese walkers existed. War of the Spark at the least broke even with the amount of living walkers.

Good,good.

Who?

I am a man of impeccable taste. Clearly my choice would have to be Owlbear.

Attached: 190cqsdnr7ejzjpg.jpg (636x589, 50K)

A man of culture I see but thats not a owl

GOOD

Wow, you took that weirdly personal

I mean to what other tcg? , yu-gi-oh may be faster and flashier but its more of a childsplay

now they have a reason to give lili a redemption arc where she saves beefslab from therosian afterlife

Dude.
When was the last time that you played Yi-Gi-Oh?

He's not there though.

Not him but is Yu gi oh good? I only played duel masters...and liked the anime too

Duel masters is literaly a simpler MTG, with cool art but not as good

The game is insanely complicated, and less fun than Magic the Gathering. The only reason I still play Yu-Gi-Oh is because they made a deck based on my favorite Opera.
Just play Magic the Gathering.

Why the fuck are you playing competitive. Go grab some buds and play some edh and if that dont work then TCGs are not for you.

T. Old ygo and mtg standard player.

God damnit, I'm an old Phyrexian fan (Yawgmoth best villain) but Flesh is the undead, skinless waifu I never knew I wanted!

Attached: 1554952516036.jpg (480x456, 27K)

Elesh

In some areas they play everything like it's competitive.

but if he's not there then where is he? did i confuse a name of a plane with a name of another one?

you playing at LGS or friends house?

If it's a friends house, go ahead print you off some degenerate shit like mono blue teferi stax. If they give you shit for it then just tell give em the old "come on guys were just here to have fun.". Refuse to play anything else until either they change their shit or kick you out and if that's the case nothing of value was lost.

The best way to explain competitive YGO to a MTG player.

Imagine if every match was like vintage and you lose in 2 turns.

Is just a publicity for the D&DBeyond site.

Is confirmed. Though she needs to hunt down Liliana now.

Looks like someone doesn't enjoy Liliana being all tsun tsun for Gideon and even calling him "Gid" in her inner narration.
She's going to bring him back, is going to be great.

Magic’s lore is the faggiest shit

T.DnD fag

Come to /tg/ some time and you'll see things you wouldn't believe.

Attached: download (7).jpg (292x172, 12K)

Like?

Good

Which one is better? MTG or DnD?

What the fuck kind of question is that?

>what’s better a trpg or a card game
Comparing apples to oranges bud.

>card game
Mtg has miniatures too

the core gameplay of mtg and of dnd are as different as Monopoly and Chess, as apples and oranges, as comic books and audiobooks. some things are similar but the interesting stuff is 100% unique.
and besides, in mtg the miniatures are secondary, and not part of the core experience. you can not compare them to dnd miniatures that are part of the core experience

Attached: cute bait.png (752x749, 25K)

It has a crappy board game and one specific MtG setting has a D&D book. Not the same.

He's in heaven, user.

A youtuber who doesn't post updates anymore. He likes MTG.

He also cross dresses.

I hope she doesn't since War is already possibly brought down by the corporate move of keeping Bolas alive.

Story would be bout a specific planeswalker

establish the use of magic or possibly the history of the plane by use of the "show don't tell" method

have the character be put in a dire situation that would send 'em to another X plane

Have the sequel deal with either protagonist find another walker/love interest

Use original villains and pre-established ones as a hook for the lore-fags
Examples:
Innastrad's Stitchers, Thing In The Ice
Delver of Secrets horror shit

A character dealing with ground level shit as the gate-watch does their shit and saves the day.

There's so much shit you can do but it's just dependent on what direction they want to use the worlds

Stop telling lies.

Also crossdressing for the sake of comedy =/= actual cross dressing.

I don't want to look for it, but he put out a tweet of him wearing a Sailor Moon outfit looking like he was about to get fucked.
There's really nothing funny about it. I don't think it was meant to be a joke.

While he does look like a very gay man (haven't heard him read), he's clearly just fucking around and you're the one who thinks he looks like he's about to get fucked (what the fuck does that even mean lmao).
I think you have to come to terms with some shit user.

Attached: c14-23-ghoulcaller-gisa.jpg (672x936, 286K)

Is this better, user?

Attached: dtk-225-narset-transcendent.jpg (672x936, 281K)

How would Wizards be able to avoid making it Jace? He's their heroin

So? He came back

He came back STRONGER

Attached: nivmizzetreborn.jpg (265x370, 54K)

such a racist card. Oh can't go tutoring up any white cards! No, the only thing you can get are half white cards at best!

>Yea Forums has the comfiest MTG thread in all of Yea Forums

Nice

Feels good man
But is /tg/ that bad then?

>Competitive EDH
Where the fuck do you live, user?

MOM SAID IT'S MY TURN TO PLAY XBOX

>Check out DnD miniatures and games and MTG cards
>Mfw I see the prices
Wtf is their fucking problem? Greed? 20$ for 5 small miniatures? Are they insane?

D&D minis have always been a scam
They come in randomized booster packs too, so it's a double scam

Hackery

Poor guy.

Attached: vingt_minutes.webm (1024x576, 223K)

/tg/ is a lot more cynical, but you can find some interesting M:tG discussions buried amidst all the griping.

>cynical
Really?

Which one would Yea Forums like:DnD cartoon or MTG cartoon?
No both,only one.

You should look up the price of an average modern, legacy, and vintage deck.

Almost nobody plays Vintage.
Nobody SHOULD play Vintage because it’s a terrible format. Legacy is the king of formats.

Wtf is this nerds shit? Videgomae?

:(

I used to have a lot of fun with a Myr focused deck if that counts. I just needed to survive long enough to have 4 myr out and boom, infinite mana.

Vintage is a dead format, and Legacy is on its deathbed.
Standard and Modern have the most events out of all formats

I'm surprised no one said this yet but whats your color Yea Forums?

Can someone explain me why the fuck are MTG cards so fucking expensive?

Red and Blue, the way the game is meant to be played.
Some cards are unable to be reprinted because of lobbyists. Others just see really high levels of play, sometimes with no reprints in sight, like Scalding Tarn. Then there are extremely rare variants like Expedition Lands, Masterpieces, and Invocations

Red/Blue

Attached: a02.jpg (703x319, 56K)

the secondary market is a den of autism rivaled only buy the deepest corners of Yea Forums, and jews of the coast refuse to acknowledge it's existence officially while stealthily supporting it with scummy sales practices.
at the same time, magic cards cost only as much as the paper that you print them on (as long as you don't try to bring your deck to an official event or sell it as "legit cards"), so go wild

Yea Forums has always been jealous of /tg/.

I go on /tg/ a lot. Most of their mtg threads are knuckle draggers who barely know how to play asking everyone to rate their shit brews, and lying about how their FNM went.

Green and black.

Because why should I have to stop using my creatures just because they're dead?

Black

/tg/ sucks

I’ve never lied about how FNM went. I just never talked about them if they went poorly.

But do you really believe it when people say shit like going 5-0 with infect or dogshit-tribal?

31.8% Red
24.4% Green
20.6% Blue
16.6% Black
6.6% White

Attached: Personality to MTG.png (1200x1200, 372K)

As long as it's not "The Slivers are attacking the city, c'mon Magic Squad, let's bust some worms!" *theme music*

>if it's flash it looks bad
When will this meme end. There's plenty of good looking cartoons that were made in flash. Blame the inept retards handling the tool, not the tool itself.

Examples?

If there were any you'd have names and screenshots. Instead you have pretentiousness, upcoming hole logic, and wakfu who's nearly on it's 10th birthday

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Flash_animated_television_series
Knock yourself out. There's bound to be something you think looks good because you didn't know it was made in flash.

Fuck you, Wakfu is made in flash. It's a perfectly valid example.

Post picd faggot

Black and White, sometimes dabbling in WBG. I can't play Red at all for some reason.

when you play MtG you're sort of roleplaying a 'planeswalker' which is a wizard who can also travel between different universes in a multiverse. your deck is supposed to represent your character's territories, known spells, magical doodads and planeswalker allies that you can use in battle

what's absolutely foolproof about this plan is that nicol bolas doesn't have any minions who can cast disenchant or naturalize or boomerang

I PLAY DIVINATION
IT LETS ME DRAW TWO CARDS FROM MY DECK

Attached: divination-36777-medium.jpg (245x350, 23K)

Fool

Red White, almost straight down the middle too.