Illustration from the late 1800s up through the middle of the 20th century was absolutely amazing. In general...

Illustration from the late 1800s up through the middle of the 20th century was absolutely amazing. In general, American culture was at its highest skillwise in every aspect of human life in the 1940s. It’s all been downhill since then. You just open an old magazine from the 1930s and 40s and look at the illustrations in it. There's nobody alive that could touch the way they could draw back then. In old movies, the cinematography is a thousand times better than anything today. Writing, a thousand times better. The standards in the 1940s were extremely high in all aspects of American culture. And they had schools that were like boot camp. They made you learn things. You couldn’t walk into a school and say, “Well, it’s my style to draw badly.” You wouldn’t get into the school. You’d have to be pretty damn good before you came to the school and then once you get there, they were extremely strict about your learning every technical aspect of art. Not only the obvious things like life drawing, anatomy, perspective, but elusive hard-to-teach concepts like composition and color theory. You buy any book on color theory today and it’s just complete poppycock. Everybody comes out of school painting pink, purple and green. The whole damn cartoon industry has pink, purple, and green on their mind.

Attached: john k.jpg (720x480, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2008/09/updating-george-to-make-him-hip-and.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: B3973D44-387B-4A8B-9A0E-4FB5D83179AA.jpg (320x180, 10K)

go to bed John.

Go molest an underage fangirl, John K.

I mean, what else is there for you to do, nobody wants to hire you anymore.

Attached: 1541894451524.jpg (527x9074, 1.06M)

Attached: Covered.png (720x540, 385K)

I never understood how someone could be so unaware of themselves. He was literally one of the laziest people in the industry. Not to mention his art style is completely horrendous and what spawned the “Calarts” style we have today.

Anyone remember the story about how everyone at Spumco in the 90s was whacked out of their mind on pills?

How much loli do you think John K has saved on his computer?

I'm sure there is since Katie Rice claims he showed her CP.

He probably likes those old Doraemon episodes with naked Shizuka.

Dude's into jaybee, not literal children.

>but then the japanese are a cold race

OK, I laughed at that.

He used to not like anime and his awareness of it was basically limited to Speed Racer and Astro Boy until Katie made him sit down and watch stuff.

Poor John. Broke, aging loser who is reduced to picking up 16 year old girls at Wal-Mart for sex.

He's not wrong.

He's cherry picking like a mofo and forgetting that only the very best art and illustration from that time has survived.

All of it.

>steal from anime if you can't think of anything yourself
that's all animation does now actually

How come he isn’t locked up?
Wonder what he watched. He’s shitting on FLCL when it’s generally well regarded as show with some nice animation and art direction. I mean it’s better than anything John K made.

No he's not. He outright praised it you dip

Oh wait I’m retarded, you’re right. I missed out of the first paragraph and my eyes locked onto
>the Japanese are a cold race
and I was thinking of that time he went on about the overuse of sepia-tone for dreary and melancholy scenes.
I assumed he was shitting on anime and being sarcastic.

I love that this man can still trigger retards all these years later.

Did John K ACTUALLY do anything wrong? He seems pretty based on the art and animation side

Oh look, the guy who started the "cartoons shouldn't have writers" shit.

Thanks for killing off Western animation, asshole.

Everything he said there is 100% objectively factually correct. He might be a retard and a scumbag, but he's right about animation.

No, he said they shouldn't have scripts because the dialog needs to match the visuals. His own cartoons all had writers to detail every step of the story except for the dialog. Everything else was written

1. He got metoo'd before it was cool so people assume it's probably legit, no hard proof, but he is known for being a little horndog
2. He doesn't pull punches against the snowflakes
3. He can't meet deadlines
4. Half of his content is utter shit

Really John K's biggest positives are his blog, which should be taken as a valid point of view but not gospel, and the best early episodes of Ren and Stimpy. The man influenced the 1988-2005 Cartoon renaissance greatly along with Bakshi, he really helped early Cartoon Network find it's tone and pushed flash to online animators.

He's seriously chaotic neutral.

He had an underage girl living in his house and constantly missed his deadlines for all three of his tv cartoons (R&S, Ripping Friends, Adult Party Cartoon)

Other than that he's the hero animation needs but doesn't deserve right now

>jaybee
What?

Literally everything he said was going to happen happened. Pic related is from 2008

Attached: file.jpg (1600x623, 137K)

based Bakshi, the true boss of animation

Attached: TheAlphaBakshi.jpg (256x197, 7K)

Absolute mad lad.

Fucking jpg for ants

Attached: Bakshi.gif (500x386, 114K)

Ignore his numerous other faults and, he has a point here. The entry level for modern comics and animation is pathetically low. Online controversy is probably the only reason Dobson and rcdart don't have their own shows.

Attached: CWCisBetter.png (1000x1512, 1.68M)

It's funny how most of these examples are from the early anime digital era, the time when color palettes were extremely bland because of the transition, anime made with cels had way better color grading and textures

>jaybee
>jb
>jailbait
It usually is meant to mean girls between 13-17, which all men are attracted to but most men cannot fuck. They bait you with their sexy bodies but you go to jail if you fuck them.

>i'm SURE because Katie CLAIMED
Imagine being this guy

It's always been an open secret that he was a creep

Holyshit.

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2008/09/updating-george-to-make-him-hip-and.html

>No, he said they shouldn't have scripts
Thanks for proving my point?
>writers to detail every step of the story except for the dialog
The dialogue is the most important part of a script, and the most difficult to get quite right. So that's just retarded then.

You don't know anything about animation. John K's system was standard in the 90s, which was the high point of western animation

The high point of Western animation was 2001-05 which not coincidentally was the only time cartoons often had genuinely good writing.

How is John K now after all the accusations?

>The high point of Western animation was 2001-05

Attached: 1546294081792.gif (800x430, 564K)

Avatar, Teen Titans, TMNT, Megas, Samurai Jack, Duck Dodgers, Kim Possible, The Batman, and most of all W.I.T.C.H. - nothing in your precious 90s comes close to any of those.

>being a plotfag

Based

it's inspired in family guy though

Not just that, he's witchfag