How did such a good show become... this

how did such a good show become... this

Attached: imgonnascream.png (774x485, 753K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kLgcaXbD1RA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I stopped watching the show after S1 ended and now I'm kinda glad I did

the election of trump shattered the worldview of the writers

Attached: fuck.png (547x465, 195K)

why

Attached: tumblr_p21jx7EIZw1wq6r0ko2_500.png (500x677, 298K)

Too limited a cast with too limited interactions?
Maybe they need the Fireside Girls?

Milo Murphy's Law was doing just fine on its own, but adding Doof as a main character feels kinda cheap. Like they lost faith in the show and have to prop it up with a Phines & Ferb character to keep it going. I like Doof and all, but the show doesn't need him.

Is that from Milo Murphy's law? I don't remember seeing this on phineas and ferb

Yeah. They added Dr. Doofenschmirtz as a main cast member this season. They revealed he's one of Milo's relatives (hence why all he schemes go wrong) but also that Perry was being paid to pretend to be friends with him and never actually liked him. So now Doof is all depressed and crashing at Milo's house until he gets back on his feet. It's kinda gimmicky, I dunno.

It's still kinda baffling to me that makers of a show like Phineas & Ferb (which is filled with original songs) would cast Weird Al Yankovic as the lead character for their next show...and then barely have any songs.

Attached: 1477101972003.jpg (1080x1080, 161K)

Bringing in the PnF cast is literally their last-ditch effort to save this sinking Titanic of a failed show.

>This desu.
Why not use literally any of the other secondary characters and expand on them? If they weren't interesting enough that could've been fixed with the writing.
I didn't mind the PnF crossover, but now it just feels like they're trying to cling to it's fame instead of letting the show do well on it's own.

Doof was always the best part of P&F. Maybe they should stop naming their shows after non-character mcguffins?

he's not even related to milo. he's just. crashing at his house. calling milo's parents his own parents. waiting until he becomes professor time and failing to be a good guy until then. but mostly just... sitting on the couch doing nothing.

vanessa showed up once and that was neat but otherwise they just turned doofenshmirtz into an incompetent manchild that keeps taking over the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=kLgcaXbD1RA

I was gonna say, this is pure Cousin Oliver. Dunno if there's a more appropriate trope name for when they do this with crossover characters, but it's still the same thing in the end. They're bringing in a new character to prop up an older and failing show.

Where is this from?

>Bringing in the PnF cast is literally their last-ditch effort to save this sinking Titanic of a failed show.

Which is rough because I LIKED Milo and still think it's pretty funny. Maybe it had more hiatuses than P&F had and that's why it didn't catch on, or maybe the tone and sense of humor and use of songs made it already so similar to P&F that audiences who had grown tired of P&F didn't feel interested in something so similar. And if THAT'S the case, then adding P&F characters to the main cast to make the show even MORE like P&F is like the LAST thing they should be doing.

I think it's from Shazam?

I would not be shocked if Al either doesn't want to sing much on the show because he doesn't want Disney stealth generating a Weird Al album that he has no creative control over, or that he isn't comfortable committing to doing every song other people wrote that comes down the pipe. You could argue that he could work with the writers on the songs, but that's probably more creative commitment than he signed on for. I always thought the whole reason he's doing so much voice work these days is because he's winding down his career and it's just easier to do.

Is it really that big of a deal, though? Trying to seem hip seems like something Doof would do, besides there was also a lot of corny shit in PnF too. Remember that time they did caramelldansen?

Not really anything too terrible, but the show as a whole feels like it has taken a dip in quality after Doof joined the cast.

I do not see the problem. In any case, it was just a joke, calm your tits.

Attached: flynn.jpg (500x313, 46K)

No what cartoon. It isn’t brave and the bold

Makes sense, but still. A big part of phineas and ferb was the song and dance numbers, so when you see Swampy Marsh and Weird Al on the same project, you have to assume and even expect that you’re gonna get them

dr. heinz doofenshmirtz dabbing is not the problem, it's merely indicative of a much, much bigger problem.

I'm curious. Do tell.

And how do we not know if this was a Disney thing that forced them to put the character?

At this point it does not matter anymore, the show ends in 4 weeks.

The Last ep aired in 2015

Attached: tumblr_ogdyzhn5VE1sckxpto1_500.png (422x750, 325K)

>They revealed he's one of Milo's relatives (hence why all he schemes go wrong)
Neat idea.
>but also that Perry was being paid to pretend to be friends with him and never actually liked him
And that fucking sucks.

It's probably fake, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't

Attached: 1554141118440.jpg (1200x675, 43K)

>there is absolutelly no way in hell a racist that paid his own election will ever wi..

>same fucking art style as his other two shows
yup, it's a Povenmire-Swampy production alright

> Perry was being paid to pretend to be friends with him and never actually liked him
Man, what the fuck. Perry and Doof's evolving friendship was the best part of PnF.

Attached: 1454175247292.png (392x468, 128K)

The only other source I can find points to it being an April Fool's joke.

In any case, here's the other picture that was posted.

Attached: 55770049_2600020603404522_2576299754132602880_o.jpg (2048x1152, 61K)

What really happened was that Doof did much damage in the city trying to be good and Perry was ordered to maintain order without Doof realizing it. But he realizes and thinks that Perry is only his babysitter and not his friend.
That which he never liked is false.

Is this a character in either of the other two shows?

Anons, obviously it's fake. That's the host of the episode Battle of the Bands.

My excuse is I don't watch Milo Murphy's Law (and Dan and Swampy jumping onto the girl show bandwagon wouldn't surprise me the least)

Attached: Doof hospital.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

"I love going on message boards and complaining about shows I’ve never watched!"

I thought the show was alright during Season 1 and thought it was really improving towards the end with the plot advancing with the two Pistachio guys (who are similar to Doof as in they are the best part of the show).

I watched the PnF crossover when it aired in other countries in late 2018 but other than that I haven't kept up with Season 2. The Doof being a main character thing rubs me the wrong way and has kept me from watching it desu.

I feel like they jumped the gun with the Pistachio guys, like they advanced their character arc too quickly? They went from not knowing Milo, to hating Milo and to being on his side in the same season

I find Doofenshmirtz's sudden inclusion as one of the most important characters in Milo Murphy's Law by the very end of the Pistachion Arc really abrupt, desu.

Yep. Veronica should be getting more roles because of her involvement with the Murphys and how she's the source of Milo's bag.

Also the show suffers from having too many guest stars, one of the results is having a lot of one-shot characters as the focus when they could've used existing characters instead.

>I was gonna say, this is pure Cousin Oliver. Dunno if there's a more appropriate trope name for when they do this with crossover characters,

Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain.

Yes, that is a genuine problem with the show. Leave his characters aside.

Attached: 1555232855154.jpg (2021x2075, 266K)

Sure it did /pol/, sure it did.

That's not a trope name, is it? It's just another example.

Worth pointing out that Swampy took about a week off from Twitter after that, during which he did a bunch of charity work (raising money for children's hospitals through surfing and visiting public schools with Dan to teach animation as his usual things if I'm not mistaken), and then went back to work on the show.

That's all that happened.

I don't think Dan ever said much of anything either way.

Mind you that all the songs in PnF were forced on them by Disney. They weren't meant to be an every-episode deal.

I don't know if you have to be /pol/ to acknowledge that the election of a corrupt criminal and "MAN BAD" would shatter someone's worldview. It's a pretty terrible thing to happen so some people losing faith as a result shouldn't be unusual.

Attached: IMG_l1wej5.jpg (293x247, 23K)

> election of a corrupt criminal
Wrong timeline, this is the one where Hilary lost. Note the lack of nuclear winter. Also 'berenstain bears' with an a, that is weird. But hey, welcome to not being the loser of world war 3.

Bradley was hinted to be a foil to Milo all the way back in S1 and got that plant arm in the crossover, I thought there would be at least a small arc about it.
Also yea their arc could've been expanded beyond one season. They were easily one of the most interesting parts of the show.

Attached: SWO_(181).png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

The kid superpower hour with Shazam

Elliot didn't get episodes until much later so Bradley might get his day eventually
if the show isn't already canceled

Disney wanted Phineas and Ferb to keep going, first as more seasons, then as a series of specials. Dan and Swamp eventually decided to move on to MML, possibly because of burnout since the new show no longer needed a new song each time (plus they also had somebody who could help pick up the slack on that front for the episodes that did) and had much smaller episode orders.

The first real promotion Milo Murphy got was for the episode with Doof's first appearance and the promo focused on that despite it being a spoiler.

The second season heavily focuses on Doof and more heavily features songs.

One of the first bits of original content announced for Disney+ was Candace vs. the Universe.

From all that, it seems pretty likely that Disney pushed for Heinz to have a larger role in the show. Which raises the question of why they just didn't opt for Doof 101 in the first place unless they were convinced that Dan and Swampy would agree to more seasons of PnF and the show wasn't necessary.

And now Phineas and Ferb is getting another movie.

Attached: IMG_20190423_133907.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

Tough luck, Bowser.

I wonder what Dan and Swampy have in store once Milo wraps up and they finish production on the new Phineas and Ferb film. Are they still contractually obligated to Disney??

I'd like to see them do work for Netflix or something.

They should have just made the show about Cavendish and Dakota or just made a dedicated Doctor Zone show.

Dr. Zone before his face gets modeled after Jemaine Clement.

Attached: IMG_-fxonb8.jpg (549x549, 88K)

>no way has billionaire corporate man every done anything bad in his life

okay retard

Attached: Screenshot_20190423-113808~2.png (338x332, 118K)

I don't see how this is bad in any way, exactly the kinda shit Doof would do.
How is this political or cringey? It's a cartoon and the silly man is dressed in a silly way.

Also is this from Milo Murphy's Law?

Yep, episode "Safety First".

>How is this political or cringey?
No one said it is political. Dabbing is always cringe. It makes sense for doof but it still is cringe inducing that its in the show at all. Also partly OP meant Phineas and Ferb 2

> Doof was always the best part of P&F
Fireside Girls.

Fixed that for you.

Their one joke is that they're cute but competent and sassy and that is never funny.

I fucking hate this show

Attached: 56763669-3809-4017-9871-3C71F686CEB6.jpg (400x284, 15K)

>or maybe the tone and sense of humor and use of songs made it already so similar to P&F that audiences who had grown tired of P&F didn't feel interested in something so similar
this is EXACTLY why I couldn't get into this show. I don't even think P&F is bad or anything, but man I got so sick of it towards the end of it's life cycle. MML feels pretty much like the same show but with a less interesting gimmick and cast of characters

>And if THAT'S the case, then adding P&F characters to the main cast to make the show even MORE like P&F is like the LAST thing they should be doing.
yep. it doesn't make the show more interesting to me, it just seems really sad and desperate

This would also apply to Melissa.

Attached: IMG_20190325_115545~2.jpg (391x391, 20K)

yes, especially chracters from school.

right. they cross Milo part and Pistacio guys part too soon.

A less extreme version since she's older and less cutesy with a deeper voice. Lots of the same issue though.

Why not make Melissa a Fireside Girl?
After all, Candace is one.

>One of the first bits of original content announced for Disney+ was Candace vs. the Universe.

await...what?

Attached: Candace super saiyan by splooge.jpg (396x550, 150K)

I remember watching this show in my brother's apartment when he went to watch a 5 hour dolphin movie with his girlfriend and needed someone to watch his pet. Disney was showing a bunch of episodes and all I could think about was the fucking banana from Adventure Time. My brother was raped.

I'm sorry for raping your brother

I'm sorry for being the dog in your relationship. I was meant to be the savior of your marriage but I pissed in your girl's mouth.

But don't you see? In doing so, you did save my marriage.

What a massive faggot

>good show
>Phineas and Ferb
Pick one.

>this is bait
But, Hillary didn't win, pillow biter

Everything turned out better than expected. It's a good thing you bought a dog that could type.

Liberals, no matter if they are the right wing or left wing variety, seem to all be so weirdly arrogant, so sure that their values are universal, and that dissenters are outcasts that deserve to be isolated. They believe nonsense like the idea that nations are founded on ideals shared by the entire population, as if the existance of multiple different political parties aren't clear evidence that this is far from truth, or they believe that history is a linear path to a single predetermined intellectual and ideological destination.
I guess the election was something of a wakeup call to the people that looked at Star Trek and thought it was a prophecy and not just a show.

MML is pretty alright though, I actually like season 2 better than the first one, though I think the show might be doomed due to its boring(and morally dubious) main character. There are some issues with the addition of Phineas and Ferb characters though, since time travel works differently on that show compared to MML, but this isn't really the kind of show where internal concistency really matters so whatever.

>Liberals, no matter if they are the right wing or left wing variety, seem to all be so weirdly arrogant, so sure that their values are universal, and that dissenters are outcasts that deserve to be isolated.

Liberals, Republicans, all people who would define themselves by their political affiliation are like that. They think that if they believe really hard that they're right, they are. Sound familiar?

It's all bullshit anyway. All politicians manipulate people to grab power for themselves. There's nothing else to it; even the losers get rich and famous despite doing nothing for anyone.

Wrong, only liberals are this deluded. Do you not see how they cry and scream when the Mueller report didn't magically defeat Trump? Rather than accept his innocence they want to find ways to force the law to fit their needs. Liberals are a cancer and the sooner they are excised the better.

Take this to /pol/, ok?

This
It shows their lack of imagination, like admitting they can't create another interesting character

A new Phineas and Ferb movie called Candace Against The Universe is going to premiere on Disney+; it's about Candace being abducted by aliens and was apparently being developed for a theatrical release for a while before they decided to use it as a selling point for their new streaming service. .

mom!
MOM!!!!
Phineas and Ferb had aliens abduct me!!!

I would see.

I note that "MC abducted by aliens" is Milo main plot in season 2.

Holy shit i made that reaction image years ago. Glad to see someone actually saved it

God help the universe.

When they brought in Doof I assumed it was gonna be a big joke. Like 3 episodes later his daughter or Norm shows up and drags him away to run his multinational corporation again, you know address the fact that the man is strangely extremely successful.

Holy fuck, you guys are triggered as fuck

You cant just pick and choose responses when what they said was equally as triggered on both ends. If they are so is the other guy.