I stopped regularly keeping up with comics before this shit came out, but apparently it's getting a TV show...

I stopped regularly keeping up with comics before this shit came out, but apparently it's getting a TV show. Is it any good or is it the usual Garth Ennis edge for edge sake?
Just wondering if the trades are worth picking up next time I look at expanding my collection.

Attached: 1.jpg (627x963, 58K)

Pretty fucking edgy. I personally found the G-Men to be truly shallow expies since Ennis didn't even try to touch upon even vaguely the mythos and simply went for the Pof. X expy to be a pedo.

Gonna gonna gonna gonna!!!

Fucking hammer hands god that was stupid. I wonder if in universe they tried to make some sort of connection between him and popclaw? You know for marketing reasons.

I saw the trailers. I will skip it. The source material was shit, pretty sure the series will be as well.

>TV show premieres on my birthday

Finally I can have something to my name

Attached: 1543401381760.jpg (1024x768, 437K)

The last 3 issues are horrible. everything I ever read by Ennis has a ass ending

The large majority of it is Ennis at his worst.

But there are rare moments of pure character writing that are really well done.

I wouldn't consider it worth reading.

You haven't read Hitman?

Pretty sure most people who hate Ennis haven't read a lot.

Sounds like a skip then.

Honestly part of why I asked is that I think Ennis' edge can be interesting but he badly needs a leash to stop him from coming off like someone who thinks the only bad part of the 90s was not going extreme enough

Hitman is literally the best comic I've ever read with the best character writing. His Punisher (most of it at least) is also excellent.

I think he can be interesting DESPITE his "edginess" rather than because of it. His real strength is character writing.

>Skipping a comic based on some basement dweller's comment on Yea Forums

But user why should I trust you?
Aren't you the same as these guys in Yea Forums?
:^)

Shitty reskins of well-known characters saying nigger and raping babies before being killed by MCs is the bottom of the barrel of comic book writing.

This. I'm a fan of a lot of his work, but this is not it.

But hey good for him getting some TV money, he deserves it. Perhaps the show will be good like most Millar shit is turned somehow into ok movies.

Definitely pick it up, but get the trades. The omnis doesn't have the minis for some retarded reason. It's only the drooling capeshitters that hates on it, because Garth doesn't masturbately furiously to their >muh pure justice fantasies, but tells it like it is.

If the casting to the series is anything to go by, then you should stay the fuck away from it. I saw the poster and it was only by the power of deduction I managed to figure out who's supposed to be who.

I loved it but I'm English so I enjoyed more than many would, pretty much edgy garbage but I fucking love edgy garbage, I enjoyed the Falklands arc

At least Starlight looks fine.

No one but capeshitters have anything to say about it, and that's because the comic is an awful attempt at parody. Dead threads like this are proof. Enjoy your bitter old man comic.
Also learn to greentext, newfag

what the fuck is up with peoples hate wqith this comics yes its fucking edgy becasue its meant to be edgy its fukcing ennis

Attached: frenchieandfemale.jpg (1040x1600, 276K)

It's a poor man's Marshal Law, which had only one good arc as it is. It doesn't suck because it's edgy, it sucks because it spends so much time saying nothing if value. It's like Family Guy or the Sezter-Friedberg trash

*of value

>saying nothing of value
its a fucking comic mate, it says enough shit to bore you with i swear threes like 5 pages of philosophy on war and shit in the highland laddie arc
im convinced most people went "oh its ennis with gay sex adnd gore again its trash" when it actually isnt
the boys is good

Attached: butcherargies.png (1003x654, 1.06M)

>capeshitters
I'm as far from a capeshitter as you can come and I've read The Boys twice, despite reading/watching something more than once is something I almost never do

>Dead threads
It ended 7 years ago. Most things that old require storytiming for the newfags, if you want to discuss it.

>Also learn to greentext
There's nothing in the post that warrants greentexting. If you think greentexting is mandatory, then you are the newfag.

Peak Ennis edge, thought the TV series having Karl Urban as Butcher is pitch perfect.

>didn't even try to touch upon even vaguely the mythos

1. they are parodies, you can't really touch upon 30 years of mythos in a few issues.
2. how do you touch on the mythos when in-universe, the heroes just pose for PR and do nothing else? Can't exactly have phoenix fixing the m'krann crystal or Cyclops bonding with his space pirate dad in that setup.
3. there's plenty of depravity in the mythos as well (Claremont and Byrne are both pedos).
4. it did mention that they have team rotations, the kids will be split up between one of the eight or so G-teams once they graduate.

Attached: 1458770210382.jpg (2048x3154, 1.51M)

Should have been Clive Owen.

He's so perfect for the role, I've always wondered if he was literally the inspiration.

Attached: Shoot em up clive owen.jpg (852x480, 55K)

>I saw the poster and it was only by the power of deduction I managed to figure out who's supposed to be who.

Frenchie and Female look spot-on, and they are the best characters. Well, them and Love Sausage. I really want to try that super vodka he cooks up.

>No one but capeshitters have anything to say about it, and that's because the comic is an awful attempt at parody.

The point is that it doesn't just parody capes, it parodies the entire comic book industry, down to all the company bullshit and how storylines are axed overnight due to editorials. One of the main supporting characters is a Stan Lee expy for fucks sake. And it parodies that really good, but morons like you don't look past the "lol cape rape" situation.

>Dead threads like this are proof. Enjoy your bitter old man comic.

Threads are dead because its a ten fucking year comic that doesn't leave anything to imagination. Back when it was ongoing, we had regular threads for every single issue. Yea Forums does not discuss anything but latest ongoing issues and tv shows / movies now, not older good comics.

>expy
Huh. Never heard the term. I'm gonna use it from now on.

>Claremont and Byrne are both pedos
You can claim they're interested in teenage girls, but they got pervy with all kinds of females.

What they did love more than anything was Mind Control. That¡'s the big fetish they shared.

I'll give you Frenchie and Female. MM was also easily deducible for obvious reasons. But fuck me if I could tell who was supposed to be Butcher and who was supposed to be Hughie.

>Yea Forums does not discuss
Achually, we only talk about things we hate. Not things that are good. If there's nothing to hate, there's nothing to talk about.
It's the reason you barely ever see Goon threads or threads about things like Stuff Of Legends. If it's not a storytime, the thread dies after a dozen posts all agreeing on how good [thing] is.

How the fuck did I forget this was in production until I saw the trailer on YouTube a few days ago?

>Aren't you the same as these guys in Yea Forums?

Do you see me bitching about comics? No. So no, I'm not like them. I'm just here for the story times.