Oswald the Lucky Rabbit™ is a registered trade mark of Disney

>be at shopping mall with Disney store
>remember it's Easter, go in
>indeed there is a pile of rabbit plushes near the front
>there is the bunny cop from zootopia in uniform, same character in gardening outfit. nice.
>Thumper, of course. oh look, a Roger Rabbit.
>uh. Stitch in bunny pajamas. okay?
>Mickey in bunny pajamas? that's racist against your own brother
>turn the whole bin upside down, no Oswald
>mfw
>try to tell mall's Easter Bunny by food court, he doesn't care
>oh well, i can at least start an Oswald thread on Yea Forums.

Attached: angry-ozzie.png (220x234, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opensubtitles.com/en/tvshows/1927-oswald-the-lucky-rabbit.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FinN3WG0lJ4
reddit.com/r/ducktales/comments/bd2j53/i_was_the_person_who_leaked_legend_of_the_three/?sort=top
whatsondisneyplus.com/is-a-oswald-the-lucky-rabbit-series-coming-to-disney/
pastebin.com/6wQbEvdm
linkedin.com/in/paitoonratan
lawaspect.com/case-eldred-v-ashcroft/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

title card template for you

post font recommendations. there's one called "Wicked Mouse" that would fit pretty well.

Attached: oswald-title-card.jpg (400x300, 46K)

Attached: Oswald comm final.png (1920x1080, 797K)

>filename "oswald comm final"
comm = commision?
final = final version?

someone paid for this picture?

Yeah it was a Commission I got in 2017.

I love oswald

give him love disney please

please

is this a scene from a lost cartoon in one of the books?

Why own him just keep him in a box? Could have been in KH3 or in the second Wreck it Ralph. Is he even in the new shorts??

No, just wanted a cool Pic of Oswald riding Big Thunder Mountain.

Disney has no obligation to its intellectual property. it can just sit there while they continue to pay Congress to extend copyright forever.

although since that means the public domain is all used up, every studio just has a giant back catalog they go through and ask "have we remade this yet?" so they'll get to Oswald eventually.

I hope Disneyland Paris use him again. Give Oswald his own Phantom Manor outfit you cowards.

Attached: mickey-phantom-manor1.jpg (720x960, 172K)

I remembered when I wanted to see Oswald and Max Goof in Kingdom Hearts purely to get lore. Never gonna happen.

>Disney traded broadcaster Al Michaels for Oswald.

This will never stop being funny.

It gets funnier each year they don't use him.

Can't believe they got rid of Oswald's meet and greet at CA

>Oswald and Max Goof
>Kingdom Hearts

those characters are too good for a JRPG.

too bad Disney didn't have Oswald when House of Mouse was running. that show left no fucking stone unturned.

Isn't Oswald tchnically Public Domain? Mickey's existence is usually the cutoff for that and he predates him.

the cutoff was January 1, 1923 from 1998 until this year (the Sonny Bono Act, upheld by Eldritch v Ashcroft)

Now it's January 1, 1924. Disney has five years to lobby for another extension before Steamboat Willie is freed.

Some of the Oswald cartoons lapsed into public domain because under the pre-1976 law, works expired after one 28-year term unless they were renewed for a second, and final, one. For that reason, Trolley Troubles has been public domain since 1956.

people blame Disney but it was lobbied for by anyone with the rights to anything that was produced in the 1920s and remained popular or relevant. it was the 1970s and Milton Friedman had convinced a nation that shareholder value was more important than anything else, and that included culture, art, or human well-being of any kind. now we entrust corporations to run our culture.

Those savages.

>Oswalr the Lucky Rabbit in
>Why God Why

Hallmark has this plush online, $3 and you can either ship to store for free or buy a card (cheapest being a dollar) and get free shipping to your house
Disney Store is disappointing with lack of Oswald merch though

Attached: ittybittiesoswald.jpg (1024x1024, 56K)

Oh god i want it

Attached: Fuck this.png (400x300, 142K)

Al Michaels or Oswald?

Nomura wanted Oswald for III but Disney said no.

Why not both.

Does hope still exist

Attached: dp.jpg (1547x1030, 83K)

>Isn't Oswald tchnically Public Domain?

The first Oswald cartoons were released in 1927. The only way it's public domain is if the cartoon didn't have the correct copyright notice when it was distributed and shown in theaters, or the rights holders forgot to renew it in the 1950's. Otherwise, you'll have to wait till January 1, 2023 for the first year of Oswald cartoons to be officially PD (assuming no other extensions happen).

Yes, Oswald has returned as a meet and greet at Disneyland, and the TV show is coming. Hopefully we will get some more at D23, that or it will be dumped sometime later. opensubtitles.com/en/tvshows/1927-oswald-the-lucky-rabbit.html

Please be true

The 1927 ones weren't renewed. But most of the 1928 ones were.

The wrist part of the Sonny Bono Act was it was passed late in 1998 and retroactively reclaimed 1923 after people had already started to capitalize on it. Hence, Eldritch v Ashcroft.

It could happen again. Congress could just declare Disney owns the works of Shakespeare if they wanted to.

so i was bouncing around google image search for a cute oswald easter picture to share with my family

found this

what the hell

Attached: oswald after spooky ghost attack.jpg (500x500, 20K)

you can imagine where it goes from here

Attached: oswald-lj-title.jpg (400x300, 49K)

No, I can't. Explain

Didnt the same site that leaked the Three Caballeros show nod at a Oswald series being in the works?

he fixes the cable

>that's racist against your own brother

Attached: mickeyeaster19-inset1__46858.1552319912.jpg (927x1280, 138K)

Mickey and his casual racism

I'd like to see a drawfriend draw this because it's certainly something

..Is oswald popping out of an egg? Is that murder?

no, Oswald's preferred method of abortion is a hunting rifle.

source: youtube.com/watch?v=FinN3WG0lJ4

Oswald is pro birth control confirmed.

Why does anyone actually care about Oswald? He's just Mickey with longer ears.

Say that again friendo

>The wrist part of the Sonny Bono Act was it was passed late in 1998 and retroactively reclaimed 1923 after people had already started to capitalize on it. Hence, Eldritch v Ashcroft.

Yeah, that's because 1923 stuff was supposed to go PD on January 1, 1999 and the bill passed months before that.

>It could happen again. Congress could just declare Disney owns the works of Shakespeare if they wanted to.

I don't think you understand how this works. A lot of studios made Shakespeare adaptations. WB definitely has some. Universal definitely has some as well. If Disney forces Congress to take control of ownership of Shakespeare, AT&T/WB, Universal, and others would be striking back hard because they have their own stuff at stake. To say nothing of everyone else who has their own take on Shakespeare.

The reason the copyright extension happened in the 90's is not just cause of Disney. A whole lot of studios saw the benefit of it. If Disney starts taking things out of the public domain--particularly things that everyone else accepted to be PD long ago--then they won't have support.

I know about all the talk about how powerful Disney is and so on, but seriously, they still have their limitations, no matter how much people don't want to admit it.

>Why do people care about (insert thing here)

I like to think of Oswald and Ortensia as a loving couple who have each other's backs and won't be swayed by rumors or petty squabbles in their faithfulness to each other.
Like the opposite of the irritating imitation ad infinitum of the Honeymooners that is modern cartoon couples.

So what's your episode idea for an Oswald cartoon?

Cute

Neat.

Well, THAT is spooky

Here you go

Attached: Oswald.jpg (400x300, 51K)

>try to tell mall's Easter Bunny by food court, he doesn't care
...Why would he?

Attached: 1547351254454.gif (436x342, 2.96M)

>Oswald has returned as a meet and greet at Disneyland
Wait, he has? I was there last week and didn't know, fuck. I saw merch for him here and there though.

Did you know that Sonic the Hedgehog very first design was based off Oswald?
They scrapped it and then used the design the world knows today.
Just like Oswald was forgotten, and the much more iconic Mickey went on to be the popular design instead.

I wonder just what it is about this specific bunny design that companies kept coming up with it, and then inevitably fade into obscurity.
Why did it keep happening?

Attached: Sonic.jpg (900x675, 116K)

This is being used for the next theme park thread. We need more IP shitting memes

Oswald fans and threads here have fast become more and more stupidly autistic

UNLUCKY M8

So unlucky disney won't evne use him for anything.

Why do old cartoons sometimes frame scenes in a circle?

I guess it's a stylistic choice? The real question is who started it.

Yeah, it's one of those threads.

Y-you get it was a obvious joke right?

There's a new Oswald series coming to Disney+, and legend of the 3cabs will be released on there as well (and according to the executive producer, disney will greenlight a 2nd season of 3cabs if s1 does well). Seems that Disney is finally realizing that they CAN use their classic characters aside from theme park appearances

Attached: tumblr_plx5uvc7ip1v79cwgo1_1280.jpg (1200x927, 90K)

You better post credible sources to back up those claims.
Rumors don't count.

I kind of like the irony in his name
Can be played with a bit

reddit.com/r/ducktales/comments/bd2j53/i_was_the_person_who_leaked_legend_of_the_three/?sort=top

whatsondisneyplus.com/is-a-oswald-the-lucky-rabbit-series-coming-to-disney/

Attached: DxDNd8aV4AA_6yr.jpg (616x1074, 88K)

That doesn't look credible.

Those tweets are from 2015, possibly the source of the persistent rumors, but still no official confirmation.

I wish Disney would care about Bunnyboi

Not necessarily a cartoon, but I've thought about giving him a comic series. More specifically, since he isn't a "prime" character like Mickey or Donald they are worried about appearance with an Oswald comic could bring back the edge the Mickey/Donald comics used to have before really getting toned down

What would this edge be?

i wonder if leftover Easter stuff from the parks will make it into the outlet malls this week.

also, i was disappointed at the MUGEN rig for Oswald; he barely reacts at all when he gets hit.

Episode 1

spoiler: it's an Ortensia episode

Attached: oswald-ep-title.jpg (400x300, 50K)

That's cannibalism, sir.

Maybe. Does it still count if one's a cat and the other's a rabbit?

any animated adaptation that centers on our floppy-eared friend must include the dachshund.

Attached: dachshund.jpg (720x525, 124K)

How is he still under copyright?

It's REALLY hard to tell these days what's serious autism and what's a joke, user. There are some very disturbed people on the internet and it absolutely wouldn't surprise me if someone truly thought a dude in an Easter Bunny costume gave a solitary fuck about a nearly century old cartoon rabbit that hardly anyone knows of not having a plush.
It'd just confuse me as to WHY they'd think he cared.

here's a paradox i like to consider

during the Prohibition, drinking alcohol was illegal in real life, but depicted regularly in cartoons.

nowadays, drinking alcohol is legal in most of the US, but you can't depict it in anything marketed in part to children.

when the Simpsons movie came out, alcohol was allowed in the movie itself, but they couldn't market it by brewing Duff Beer because it's a PG-13 movie.

OP here. I did see a plush bin with every rabbit character except Oswald. and it did include Stitch in rabbit pajamas. But I did not actually turn the bin literally upside down, I did not approach the mall Easter Bunny with my grievance, and I did not start an Oswald thread on Yea Forums.

happy?

Attached: angry-ozzie.gif (220x234, 5K)

user I hate to break it to you but you might have started an Oswald thread on Yea Forums
This is a good thing though

Attached: confused.jpg (400x387, 35K)

Might as well post this collection of assorted things that have come out of Oswald threads.

pastebin.com/6wQbEvdm

>pastebin.com/6wQbEvdm

man, those threads were way better than this one.

i can't even think of a story

>oswald works at a bookstore
>one of the books is upside down
yeah i got nothin'

Eh, that happens sometimes. Some threads are amazing with OC content and some are more general discussions
I discuss in the theme park threads, and sometimes you'll get 500 replies and sometimes you can't get to 20 without archiving. You never know

Attached: oswald_new_mm-02.png (800x600, 24K)

i don't even into Yea Forums lately, but i popped into Yea Forums two months ago when one of these was happening. it was magical. even had a drawfriend. mods didn't care that some of them were a teensy bit lewd. some people didn't realize Poor Papa had been found and you could see it on youtube, or that a live-scored showing of Out of Africa was cammed on some korean video site.

I shoulda known, though. seeing those silent short toons on YouTube woke up the childhood wonder that I thought I had been numb to. now I'm numb to it again. i'm just chasing it here.

or maybe that's the illness talking. i think i got a stomach flu.

>once turned right side up the book drops opening up sucking Oswald into the story
>Que him being sucked into sherlock holmes but not as Watson He has to be James Moriarty

Africa Before Dark is on youtube and it's not a cam ripe version.
There's a playlist at the top of that pastebin to all the Disney Oswald cartoons available on youtube.

she kidnaps herself?

>Could have been in KH3
Nomura tried to, but Disney said it'd be "difficult" for some unknown reason at the time (it's not believed that it was due to an Oswald cartoon series that's coming to Disney+).
>Is he even in the new shorts??
As cameos, outside of that he's pretty much absent.

Oswald is a folk singer, trying to find out who is father is or was, and gets connected to Mickey by a DNA test. His mom broke up with Walter Mouse before she knew she was pregnant and never told him she had a son.

Those thread were magical yes, and that can be recreated again. They will be even better then that if the series is confirmed, even if it’s shorts. Perhaps the best on Yea Forums
Your flu might be getting you down though

If this is real like the 3 cabs I will buy Disney+ the exact moment it releases

>Reddit who makes thread claiming to be the leaker
>Gives no evidence
>Says some vague shit that cant be totally proven right, but cant be proven wrong either
>reliable

Attached: 478397F0-0E8A-4C91-9FC6-5EE47EE3D4F3.png (574x432, 329K)

i'm just gonna go find an ATM

Attached: blow on my toes.gif (460x350, 1.29M)

Attached: 256985.jpg (500x375, 55K)

>Milton Friedman
Don't you bad mouth the only economist worth a damn in the 20th century

These eggs are cute

I hate this maymay

Attached: 1555165317830.png (2574x1162, 380K)

in Japan, they call these two the Osmiki Brothers (オズミキ兄弟, Ozumiki Kyôdai).

and that holiday short was produced in Japan with Japanese text.

I wonder if that's where the future lies.

I wish I had a brother.

Get in

Attached: 20190421_081726(0)-Th.jpg (800x600, 148K)

>oh look, a Roger Rabbit.
I thought Disney forgot about Roger. Are they really making new merch with him?

Going posing?

Maybe in KH4.

Met him and Ortensia at Disneyland Paris the other day. Was a nice surprise.

Attached: D4SPOzkW0AAoGCH.jpg (1200x900, 136K)

It was his 30th anniversary in 2018 so there was a few pieces of merch released. All limited edition so doubt Disney stores will have much left.

Is that the same spooky ghost that got Randy?

Attached: m9lK902wpawWJ1NoGbISA3ttiEhIYdK4BdV67tOH_rM.png (1023x576, 369K)

>Osmiki brothers
I didn’t know that, it’s interesting. Like learning about the fandom over in Japan

linkedin.com/in/paitoonratan
Evidence is raking up.

It's not unusual for a show to spend years in pre-production or held for release.
Heck, Caballeros hasn't been officially released in the US market yet.

Attached: Screenshot_20190423-225005_Chrome.jpg (938x996, 392K)

It's to emphasize some detail about what's happening onscreen, during the silent era it was a nice visual clue that what was happening there was actually important, I think it stuck until sound and a more complicated cinematography made it obsolete.

Wait forgot to post the final version with the Engine's name

Attached: Thunder Mountain Oswald.png (1920x1080, 812K)

It’s known to have been worked on a t some point, but unclear if it was ever finished or is coming out
That’s the thing with being into Oswald: can’t be sure until it’s in front of you

Used the Wayback Machine. Oswald has been written there for a long time. Could be anything.

i'm thinking a failed pilot happened.

indeed, if they make Oswald's thing "comeback of a bitter toon actor" it's going to be either terrible or Bojack Horseman.

it's probably going to be a big challenge to make his legacy character palatable to a mass market. or to find a profitable enough niche.

It could work, and of course an Oswald series can work as a whole. What's interesting is how anons will respond, as each has their own take on where to take the character. While at the same time he's essentially a clean sheet for people not obsessed with cartoons
Gotta have faith

Pilot episode
>knock on door
>it's the next door neighbor kid
>"Can Oswald Jr #199 and #218 come out to play?"
>"..."
>"Oh, I mean, can Oswald Jr #199 and Ortensia Jr. come out to play?"
>"Wait right here."
>two identical rabbit children run out.
Internet's reaction day after episode airs:
>every trans person you know on facebook has an Ortensia Jr icon now
>twitter is full of videos of conservatives burning Disney merch
>Ben Shapiro is appearing on every podcast he can, insisting that cartoons have chromosomes

>Half of Yea Forums is autistically screeching over this saying sjws ruined everything, the other half is trying to lewd them

...then Ortensia Jr is on every adventure with one other Oswald Jr just because she has a different name and it makes things easier.

The fire starter for gen 8 reminds me strongly of Oswald.

So old school shorts or meta jabs at the history?

Which is your preference?

Both.

There's many ways to adapt him, and I'm up for whatever they choose if it means a revival

Inb4 Disney just turn Oswald into somekind of antagonist

good: scrappy

bad: edgy

Wasn't he supposed to be evil originally in Epic Mickey before realizing that was a terrible idea

Attached: C4734434-2A1F-45DB-B36D-448FD90863A5.jpg (894x894, 67K)

While thank god they didn’t make him the villain too bad the original premise and art seemed cooler

>cooler
you don't really understand the pitfalls of "cool" until you're older. (also, was "cool" even used to denote "impressive" or connote "dangerous" in 1927?)

I know that we're not supposed to be getting moral messages from video games, but Disney would have been permanently attaching bitterness and vengeance to a character they'd recently re-acquired in good faith, that had up to then been a protagonist character.

Giving him Mickey's brotherhood was a much better option, even if it didn't carry out elsewhere.

I hope future projects throw the whole Wasteland timeline away; everyone else doing rubber hose animation is already taking the creepy-horror angle. in fact, it's pretty easy to turn any for-children thing into creepy horror, and old black and white animation lends itself to being taken to a Lovecraftian conclusion. Moreover, the theme-park fetishization is the kind of thing other studios use to take the piss out of Disney.

You don't need to be creepy to give Oswald pathos. I cried like a little girl when Great Guns faded to Oswald kissing the photo in the trench. I wanted to tear the planet in two when the bully stole Oswald's car and girl in Oh Teacher; I normally am not on the side of a guy who would ambush another guy with a brick but this cartoon sold me on it. The new mouse shorts are surreal and silly, but is there anyone at Disney who can put in the kind of drama that's so visceral that you keep taking it seriously through all the gags, and with no dialogue?

or is that too much to ask. I feel like you can't ask for much anymore.

Attached: 1b8457573d8d89c6d9ff812b65dcffbe--disney-art-disney-movies.jpg (236x278, 8K)

So, they wanted to make him Bendy before Bendy came and made the concept of “old timey abomination” way better

Why does anyone actually care about Mickey? He's just Oswald with round ears.

I think the Epic Mickey concept art is part of what inspired Bendy to be made.

You joke now, but this might become a reality in the coming months. Just you fucking wait.

Attached: 1555300420671.png (947x644, 651K)

what's wrong?

If 1 out of his 420 kids is trans, that's about what you'd expect statistically in a human population.

and also, it happens in a population where all 420 are identical to the audience, and have no gender markers.

Granted, if they make a Very Special Episode of it, they'll probably do it wrong and please nobody. But if they do one glossed-over joke like that... the more casually they do it, the more hilarious and revealing the audience overreactions will be.

>it was the 1970s and Milton Friedman had convinced a nation
lol good post until there

>be OP
>have autism
>start thread to tell us

But OP we already knew that

If there playing on the bitterness angle, I wouldn't mind a story where he starts off as an anti-villain and get's redeemed through brotherly love.

I'm a sucker for sap.

I enjoyed Wasteland for the theme park stuff, but a lot of the mash-up stuff that came with it was hit or miss, especially in 2. Like I would have rather had gotten purer Extinct/Unbuilt attractions themed areas then weirdly ducktaping Snow White to the Rainbow Caverns for example.

So I saw this mentioned in another thread, but what if Horace became more associated with Oswald? They'd still be the same universe as Mickey is in, but Horace would be Oswald's friend in the way Goofy is to Mickey. Could it work?

Attached: d4uew4q-0791645e-fa65-45ed-bd80-9e68bf6605cb.jpg (480x320, 53K)

They bought him. just to bury him. Poor Oswald.

>the cutoff was January 1, 1923 from 1998 until this year (the Sonny Bono Act, upheld by Eldritch v Ashcroft)
I'm sorry, but there was once a time when the Supreme Court ruled the Fugitive Slave Act constitutional. Would you have accepted that? Of course not.

Neither the SBCEA or the DMCA are constitutional and nobody is under any obligation to follow or recognize these "laws".

>some fatass neckbeard is a bigger authority on the law and the US Constitution than the Supreme Court

Attached: big_1472566104_image.jpg (500x392, 32K)

They're still human and can make mistakes. Also the least you could have done was crop out the icanhascheezeburger.com logo.

I think copyright terms should be at most 40 years.

Too bad no one who matters gives a shit what you think.

By that token, I also don't trouble myself with what paid Disney shills think. :^)

Use it or lose it.

That was 21 years ago when the Internet was still in its infancy. I don't think they'd get away with that today--people are more informed.

The Clinton Administration were one of the worst instigators for causing corporate monopolies and being anti-free market.

"The surest way to repeal a bad law is to vigorously enforce it."

-- Abraham Lincoln

You know, I am getting real tired of this meme lately that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a paid shill.

Because you allowed him to.

I wouldn't mind as long as Clarabell came too.
They're like the loveable D-listers club.

What do you mean?

I'm honestly surprised they haven't rebooted House of Mouse yet

Realistically, how many IPs from the 1920s are still relevant to modern audiences anyway?

That's because those IPs haven't been allowed to go public domain.

Attached: Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg (1024x683, 102K)

Sonny Bono got what he deserved anyway. :^)

He was already long buried.

Is it too late to seal Oswald and family in the Disney Vault?

Attached: 1538286048959.jpg (555x482, 98K)

Oswald survived 80 years in vault hell he can survive 80 more

Felix the Cat is still a thing, on-and-off. and some of his cartoons are among those that lapsed earlier this year. It's even possible Steamboat Willie is technically public domain because the copyright notice is malformed. i think we got Happy Birthday back that way.

we had to have a civil war to get slavery off the books, because half the country's very existence was predicated on it. And even afterwards, there's still people who thought the wrong side won and looked for workarounds to keep some flavor of exploitation going.

i don't see us starting a civil war for copyright. The only way it's ever going to get reduced is if some other lawsuit overturns Eldritch v Ashcroft, or overturns the 1976 law, or if Congress intervenes.

they won't do it for any fan reason. I think the most likely reason will actually be if Congress were somehow motivated to reduce the assets of every entertainment company large enough to have a 90-year back catalogue. which they might well be; Disney's consolidated all the non-Murdoch assets from Fox, after all.

indeed how are any of the rule 34 sites still up? shouldn't trademark lawyers have descended upon them all by now?

>Indeed how are any of the rule 34 sites still up? shouldn't trademark lawyers have descended upon them all by now?
Traditionally yes, but it's the same reason Disney isn't going after longer copyright. It alienates diehard fans to go after fan content unless necessary and puts the company in a negative light
Even they know you don't mess with people's porn

>i don't see us starting a civil war for copyright. The only way it's ever going to get reduced is if some other lawsuit overturns Eldritch v Ashcroft, or overturns the 1976 law
Better thing to do is simply ignore these things as if they weren't there. People should collectively say fuck it and do whatever they want with those 80-90 year old IPs. If Disney complains or sues people, they can drink out of a toilet bowl.

We already do though. All those old cartoon shorts are online in various places. And I have noticed that they're easier to find than more recent Disney media--like good luck finding an online stream of The Lion King.

Nobody really follows those stupid copyright extensions anyway. At least not anyone on the Internet. It's more of a corporate thing.

This is the guy who in 1936 said Hitler couldn't be stopped so we should just negotiate with him instead.

>>try to tell mall's Easter Bunny by food court, he doesn't care

Attached: disneyland early mickey 1340165149744s.jpg (124x124, 2K)

Not all of the Oswald Jrs are boys, but they were all named after their dad regardless.

I wonder how the girl Oswald Jrs deal with having the name Oswald.
How do they twist the name into something feminine?

>Nobody really follows those stupid copyright extensions anyway. At least not anyone on the Internet. It's more of a corporate thing.

well that's the thing. the reason for having things in the public domain isn't just so that you can show it for free. it's also so that you can incorporate it into your own art.

Sure, you can put your favorite song in a YouTube video, and you can work really hard on that video, but if their copyright detector bot finds the song, they may decide that ALL of the ad money for that video will go to some music rights warehouse, even though the song itself took five minutes to write and record.

the whole reason Eldritch v Ashcroft was a lawsuit was because lots of people spent the first nine months of 1998 trying to capitalize on newly-freed works, and the law retroactively rendered all such derivative works either illegal or unprofitable.

oops, i've been saying it wrong this whole time, it's Eldred v Ashcroft.

lawaspect.com/case-eldred-v-ashcroft/

i accept your forgiveness.

Attached: mistakes.png (324x480, 271K)

>they may decide that ALL of the ad money for that video will go to some music rights warehouse

Easy. Just tell them you're giving the ad money to a children's cancer fund. (^:

The main character of Star Trek is a woman named Michael.

They are cool with being Oswald.

She’d be there too, the idea is it’s an Oswald-led more obscure gang of lesser-known but still notable characters similar to Mickey’s gang of characters. It would be something like
>Oswald
>Ortensia
>Horace
>Clarabelle
>Probably some fifth or sixth character from the archives, perhaps Clara and Peter

Clarabelle was used as part of Minnie's group of friends in the new Mickey shorts.

What

At least one of the Oswald Jrs was referred to as "she" in the comics/games.

oh no it got Adam to

Attached: A spooky Ghost.png (249x465, 231K)

what about the other characters in the title card, like the turtle? who's that in the top hat, is it a fox?

it's insane how the character just changed age and size and marital status and eventually voice and color just randomly. so they don't really have an obligation to pay attention to any lore whatsoever.

Mi-chell is the feminine pronunciation.
Mike-all is the masculine pronunciation.
Typically the name lacks the 'a' if it is given to a boy.

I was thinking along the lines of Connie from King of the Hill and how her name is actually Kahn Jr. after her dad.

Yes she is, but she isn't part of the main 6. She's still secondary

Who else are still secondary?

Yeah but only cause Max's mom ran off with the milkman.

Pluto pretty much has her place otherwise.

Clara Cluck?

Attached: 23610.jpg (720x525, 223K)

Ok.

I don't remember her being used in anything recently.
Nothing I've seen anyway.

Is she in MM 2013 really? I don’t remember

In the mid-2000s in the peak of my Kingdom Hearts phase I wanted to do a fan comic where Max, PJ, and Bobby are running around as their own Sora-Donald-Goofy trio. I never did it but damn do I want to see PJ fight his dad.

He's at California Adventure last I checked.

There's been news articles that he's back so it seems to be true

>Oswald gets his own show
>but it's exclusive to fucking Disney+
And the monkeys paw curls another finger.

Attached: When+gf+wants+to+go+shopping_8fad87_5286657.jpg (504x470, 69K)

Not him but no, literal corporate bought laws are not constitutional and legitimate

If the show ends up actually being good, then I'm not sure it's a money's paw situation.

For one thing, the entire idea of corporate personage in of itself is unconstitutional.

Best Oswald merch ever

Attached: 20170830200208KDF00031.jpg (800x800, 81K)

How much did they pay for literally nothing.

Holy shit WANT

Hell I’ll take anything with him and be happy

Neat.

Quite a few characters can be pulled out from Disney’s archive or somewhwre like the duck comics. Even if they went deeper like one user said they could even adapt someone from Oswald’s title card into a character
Really those 4 earned it, others might not be as secondary as them