Was it really that bad an episode?

Attached: 72F85D92-5B80-4F4E-BB63-EB72D275C77B.jpg (893x683, 61K)

Attached: Arnie.jpg (640x480, 147K)

Self insertfags SEETHE

There is a reason they chose not to run reruns of this episode.

It’s playing on teen nicks nostalgia bloc at this very moment

Also I’m pretty sure this is a rumor. I remember seeing the ep a lot as a kid

yes it was pretty damn bad, wasn't even funny, just really awkward

Arnold only has his own stupidity to blame. You can't be a moralfag at any turn and expect it to work out

Only among an extreme vocal minority.

I wish someone would shame me in a bunny suit.

Nah, whenever it is brought up by Hey Arnold fans it's never in a positive light.

It's not hard to see why either. I mean, you might not be bothered by the polarizing ending, but then what is there to Like in here? The episode is pretty much laugh free, Iggy doesn't come off any appealing...It's a misfire.

It wasn't bad, just kind of brutal and unexpected of a kid's show. I can see a lot of kids being upset because they aren't able to process the lesson that some people are petty and not worth the effort.

It wasn't good but holy shit do the retarded 90s babies freak out way to much over something that was forgotten the next episode.

It was very realistic, like the show itself.

The "Mean spirited" crowd.
Honestly it is just lame not bad, Arnold has so many good episodes that the few lame ones stick out a lot.

For example I really liked the watch salesman episode while people often call it boring.
While I do think the rags to riches episode was more along to the bunnysuit one because it was just boring, not bad by any stretch as other cartoons have done similar stories worse.
I never thought it was brutal, if anything I remember saying that kids on the spectrum react horribly to this kind of stories while the rest of the world just see them as lame if they can't actually keep the viewer attention, I had to rewatch it to remember the set up for this and honestly it wasn't bad just really dry and poorly paced.

I don't think I very much like Gerald centric episodes.

>I never thought it was brutal

Lesser cartoons would have ended with some banal reconciliation, where things return to normal and everyone's friends again, which makes small children and stunted adults happy. Those who really hated this episode were probably so emotionally invested in Arnold that they overlooked the actual lesson, which is people like Iggy need to be cut out of your life completely, and that's what Arnold does. Again, for the youngest viewers who are accustomed to platitudes about friendship, this might be hard to accept. So it's brutal in that sense.

I'd just like to see how the people who react to this kind of shit like this would have taken seeing all those Tom and Jerry or 3 Stooges bits where everybody fucking dies in the end. Arnold was fine by the B episode rolled out.

Just Arnold being Jesus as usual.

Attached: ha____what_should_have_been___summer_love_6_6_by_meletea_d7dzgn6.jpg (3591x2067, 1.65M)

Bunny related to Easter related to Jesus related to sacrifice. It's all connected!

Was there was episodes where Arnold was a deliberately an asshole?

this is considered a bad episode? why?
it's uncomfortable but that's what makes it good. it's affecting. how does that make it bad?

Very different moods, Tom and Jerry's were comedy fueled, dark comedy if you will in cases like the beheading and Blue Cat Blues, but comedy all the same. This wasn't, it ends the way it does to prove a point, but it's not exactly comfortable viewing.

There was the karate one where he takes it too seriously, misjudged the infamous bus stop guy and attacks him, but that's as close as it got IIRC.

I see how it being affecting is the point, but most people who want something to chill to for eleven minutes would rather pick something more pleasant...or funner, there's like no jokes in the damn thing.

Was it really that embarrassing?

this whole ep is a parable

this whole ep is a parable
don't be petty like Iggy

yeah i see what you mean. it is kind of a downer.

Yeah, I didn't even have Nick, but I saw it a lot.

It’s an allegory for Christ.
>bunny suit = easter
>Arnold being humiliated = the passion

But this is what I like about Hey Arnold. It was willing to explore different genres and themes and emotional content, and didn't pull its punches compared to its contemporaries.

It made an impression on people. We're still talking about it.

That never occurred to me.

Don’t forget Stinky & Sid represent Judas Iscariot, and the crowd cheering for Arnold’s suffering (including the media) are meant to be the Jews. It’s a very red-pilled episode.

It was truly an example of why the Hays-Code became a thing in the early 20th century: people don't like certain things making them feel bad.

Gonna samefag this, the tone at the end of the Tom and Jerry suicide episode or other Tom and Jerry death episodes was never at all dark. It's not really the same thing as watching someone you're invested in get shamed.