Dude what if Superman got his Xbox taken away and had millennial parents lmao

Dude what if Superman got his Xbox taken away and had millennial parents lmao

Attached: 23C24B2D-EA49-4C75-96CB-C5C08EBFAFC6.jpg (1500x844, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/woCVu9lVA0k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've seen an early screening of this.

AMA.

How much is it just dude evil Superman?

Okay, do we learn anything about his alien race? And best feats?

A lot, but there's a little twist in the end.

What happens at the end

Does he actually get vindicated as having any real ethics or going after baddish guys, or is the story so straight-forward that he's just a psychotic asshole/mass murderer "Monster movie" type character the whole way thru?

Dude what if the Kents were a fictional family and a lot of people in real life weren't like them.

>Okay, do we learn anything about his alien race?
Yes. They were superpowered psychopaths who tried to conquer the galaxy before other aliens wiped most of them with not-Kryptonite, and put the babies on spaceships and sent them far away. Brandon got separated and wound up on Earth.

>And best feats?
Throws a car at a helicopter, flies through a tanker, squeezes his dad to death.

Mom kills him with not-Kryptonite.

The latter.

Damn, some neat stuff going on, somewhat regret asking, but eh,seems like a movie I’ll enjoy. I got bad taste

*dabs over your smoldering corpse*
*goes back to Fortnite*

Mike Myers with superpowers, wow what an original thrilling concept.
Hard pass

>They were superpowered psychopaths who tried to conquer the galaxy before other aliens wiped most of them with not-Kryptonite, and put the babies on spaceships and sent them far away

Sounds like DBZ.

He kinda already has superpowers. That dude does not die, and is empowered by a cult.

>Mike Myers with superpowers, wow what an original thrilling concept.

Well, it would. But would he be more like the Cat in the Hat or Austin Powers?

how many people does evil not-superman kill before the plot is all resolved?
What's the twist you mentioned? go ahead and spoil it for me

Shit tastes

>rips off invincible

hollywood writing everyone

More like “What if Superman was coddled and never punished for doing something wrong.”

youtu.be/woCVu9lVA0k

Reminds me of that Robot Chicken sketch where Clark was purposefully traumatized by his dad because he’s super strong and might kill all of them.

I watched it, it's just Ultraman

Attached: cd1811059eafa9cad2a1103fb67fb5cc04c07ab4_hq.jpg (562x858, 103K)

I expected this.

Except somehow less fun.

I cannot wait until the "What if superman but evil" finally stops being considered clever.

We seem to be finally fucking done with it in comics and now it's made it's way to normies.

See you in 20 goddamn years.

How are the parents in the movie? From the trailer I got the impression that the Mom is coddling him, saying that he’s their precious baby and can do no wrong while the dad wants to actually, you know, parent the child.

>We seem to be finally fucking done with it in comics
I wish you were right.

This movie vindicates MoS Jonathan Kent.

It really doesn’t Zack

What if superman as a kid was EDGY AND KILLED PEOPLE? ISN'T THAT SO DARK AND DEEP?

WHERE'S MY OSCAR?

Attached: 12 year old boy.jpg (680x383, 36K)

Attached: superdab.png (398x398, 103K)

At least injustice is about dead... but yeah I wish I was right too.

whats the twist

>how many people does evil not-superman kill before the plot is all resolved?
A lot, actually. Like 20 or so.

>What's the twist you mentioned? go ahead and spoil it for me
Mom is a linguist. There's a message encoded in the ship and she roughly translates it as "Brandon is out last hope yada yada yada" and the movie works under the pretense he's the same kind of last children as Superman, only for mom to finally unlock the full message in the end, basically saying "this is our last hope TO GET RID OF BRANDON."

Pretty much. Though dad jumps to "we need to put him down!" way too fast.

Planet Halloween
The planet has a Jack-O-Lantern face
Mi-Kal, The Last Son of Halloween is rocketed to Earth

What about that plane in the trailer?

He accidentally takes it down during a tantrum and that's when he realizes he can do whatever he wants without consequences.

That makes me really happy, because I’ve been seeing that shit more and more as a grow older, parents who refuse to parent their children then wonder why they grow up as the human equivalent of monsters

If the other aliens defeated(?) the adults why didn't they just infanticide the babies while they were at it?
Or do I have too high of expectations for the story of this shitshow

Any idea how many people were on it, were they included in the killcount?

Oh boy, a thriller where the powerful child is completely and utterly evil so the audience won't feel bad about his death.

Couldn't bring themselves to do it.

Don't recall the exact number, but it was something in the ballpark of 70 people or so.

who would pay money to watch an annoying temper tantrum for an hour?

Zod's neck

I dunno I thought Chronicle was pretty good, but I was working at my local cinema at the time and saw it for free during a screening

if this were true then society wouldn't exist. believe it or not (and this is hard if u have only lived in one city and never traveled) the majority of people aren't insufferable selfish pricks. this is how society started in the first place. people were civil to each other.

is there magically another not superman to defeat this evil not superman

So this film is basically "beat your kids" Propaganda?

This is why Jonathan traumatized the fuck out of Clark, You have to put the fear of God into your child.

Looks like it's just your typical evil killer monster movie with a coat of "spooky evil kid" paint.

He put the fear of Big Gubbmint into Clark.
It's like he was attempting to seed the destruction of the United States or even world governments.
But failed because Clark was too apathetic.

Actually Clark didn't get powers until around puberty and was well raised by Jon beforehand. He knew right from wrong, knew what it was like to be powerless, what hard work was, and the importance of helping others when possible. Jon Kent was a great dad, and Clark wasn't a fucking psycho

Attached: Superman poster.jpg (1107x1680, 170K)

>So this film is basically “parent your kids” Propaganda?
Ftfy

>Lex goes on to become president
Huh

Not in the silver age, though. Superman got his powers as a baby and could remember his real parent because of super-intellect.

DCEU Lex seems destined to own Facebook.

He pretty much owned Not-Google in BvS, and also not-Blackwaters.

Honestly, reimagining Lex as a contemporary tech billionaire is a fantastic idea, and the shitty execution it got in BvS doesn't change how good an idea it is. Lauren Faust's new DC Super Hero Girls cartoon has basically turned Lex into Jeff Bezos, which works brilliantly.

Normal Superman come and kill this edgelord

Nah, get Billy to do it, . Dab Brightburn to death.

Fuck you Yea Forums, movie looks fun as fuck.

Didn't Superman literally say he was never beat as a kid? Like he says never to use violence to parent

The sins killed civilizations I’m sure even Sivana could beat the shit out of brightburn.

Parenting your children doesn’t mean beating them user, you can be a great parent by simply teaching the child right from wrong and not giving them trophies for participating. It’s when you give the child everything they want and pretending they can do no wrong that you begin to fail nearly as badly as if you spank your child for kicking the dog

Superboy Prime vs Brightburn when?

Does the mother at any point interact with any other alien?

Come to think of it, has Superboy Prime never interacted with Ultraman? It's a little odd considering how much time he spent with the son of Ultraman's nemesis.

mom is hot

Wait...
He met Jon?

Imagine if that was the twist reveal and at the end it said " Ultraman will return in Man of Steel 2" a man can dream.

Ultraman and the CSA would be a good villain in a JL sequel.

Here's the most important question is it any good or should we just wait for netflix/bluray rip?

What is this?

Ultraman + Viltrumites + Superboy

so some crap I can safely ignore?

Its literally just superboy if he was Damien from the Omen.

Shitty bronze age civilisations.

Oh wow it’s Dragonball but edgy.

Wasn’t there like a millions of people?
Plus the Sivana was ruthless, all he needed was the power of the champion and he’ll be unstopable.

Then why send the rocket to an inhabited but primitive world?

>Hancock sucked
>Chronicle was ass

I'm hyped to see this properly done for the first time.

What's the problem here. That actually sounds like an interesting concept?

Attached: wtf.gif (280x302, 3.75M)

Freaks was okay.

GUYS GUYS

I KNOW

I KNOW

GUYS

LISTEN

GUYS

LISTEN GUYS

WHAT IF

WHAT IF GUYS

WHAT IF BATMAN

GUYS

WHAT IF BATMAN WAS EVIL AS A KID?

GUYS

AND

AND HE KILLS PEOPLE TOO

Owlman?
Wrath?
Huh, who else?

Whats the name of this film????

Brightburn

In benis superman yeah

Thanks!

I think Hush tried to kill his parents as a kid, does that count?

Ok, so we have 3 Evil Batman (Evil since they were kids).
Can we now say that this isn't a unique Idea?

Pretty much yeah,

As other anons have said, it's literally just the same tired "evil child who goes on a murder spree" horror film, a solid chunk of which typically involve them having powers, only now it's just with a light Superman coating. Assuming the spoilers user is posting are real, they don't really try anything new, it's just the same-old shit.

Because it's just bad Superman. Nothing that interesting and has been done before in TV and Comics.
How would you make it interesting user?

Attached: 1554956234334.png (588x487, 311K)

Not that user, but maybe give Brandon a friend who either acts as the last strand of personal restraint or gets deluded enough to try and become the killer Batman to his Killer Superman.

>character BUT EVIL
>interesting

Attached: 1542660418325.jpg (565x355, 45K)

>Subvert the classic alien invader trope by having the alien turn out to be a good guy who protects people instead of killing them
>Years later a bunch of idiots think they're clever by subverting your subversion, so that the alien turn out to be a bad guy who kills people instead of protecting them

Attached: 1442950930931.jpg (253x296, 19K)

How is that a bad thing

So Dragonball and Invincible?

How long was the movie and is this movie worth the watch?

Zack Snyder is that you?

>This faggot shares my name
Oh Jesus Christ why?

Sooooo Saiyans

Sounds a lot like Dragon Ball with Superman mixed in. I’ll pass.

Considering Superman started out as a halfbaked, common as fuck evil mastermind, yeah.

>gets killed in the end
That’s fucking gay

Sounds more like if Goku didn’t bump his head

What if Lex Luthor was a good guy?

Imagine is this movie ends up reviewing better than any Superman movie produced.

Yea Forums would be on eternal suicide watch.

god i want to FUCK that tomato

Attached: 1451987764666[1].png (990x528, 864K)

It will just further confirm the Yea Forums bias that critics are retards and that listing to thier opionions is for retards

Jesus fucking Christ THIS. At this point it’s just a flimsy way for mediocre writers to mask how creatively shit they are.

Attached: 8F465A5D-24A5-4052-B9DD-92334B39B9E7.jpg (600x331, 50K)

I know exactly the kind of idiots that will hype this, they are the same ones excited by the joker movie or sharing every comic book page we’re batman it’s a BADASStm while not reading anything or knowing the context
The same retards angry at the MCU for quipping while crying that Snyder had a better vision for movies of men in colored tights fighting crime

He would be Iron Man.

Ultraman is an human astronaut who gets powers from Krytonite, though.

Hancock was okay. Okayish.

They changed his origin for the new 52 version.
Oh god, that’ll be a shitstorm

That isn't fair for Brightburn at all, Brightburn isn't even near Superman, or Superman Prime

Good thing there's been more Superman movies than just the last couple.

The first half, with a PR trying to help a drunken super-powered Will Smith to improve his public image is okay, but then the movie just goes full retard and never looks back.

>implying all of Yea Forums cares about superman
Never have, never will. I couldn't give less of a shit about this movie, since it's clearly just DC trying to pretend Chronicle doesn't already exist.

Attached: chroniclebox.jpg (400x600, 79K)

I just want to see a REAL edgy superman just pop Brightburns head off. It would be pretty funny too.
How do Viltrumites fare though?

I like new Ultraman better 2bh

Hey chronicle was decent, you were right about hancock though.

Injustice isn't a comic franchise, so no, it's not "about dead"

Injustice was/is DC’s most popular comic, what are you talking about?

I assume they can't touch Kryptonians. Superboy Prime survived the destruction of a dimension. Superboy Prime is based af. I'm getting tired of "superhero deconstructions" just being "what if superheroes were edgy bro, lmao"

>I'm getting tired of "superhero deconstructions" just being "what if superheroes were edgy bro, lmao"
If they were just Superheroes just beating the shit out of one another that's fine. I don't need a reason for why (That's what makes it bad). The fun part is seeing who's gonna win.

Hey there, Superman fan.

Has already been done and much better

Attached: chronicle-883610010-large.jpg (500x742, 38K)

I'd make it interesting by having him genuinely try and be a hero, expecting things to work out like they do in movies/comics, but they don't due to a combination of his youth, him not knowing the extent of his powers and real world physics, then after being branded a menace and realizing he's not going to get any redemption like Peter Parker, he snaps.

Or have him see everyone who pisses him off as villains who deserve what happens to them, and have him think, through a child's logic that because he has powers he can do no wrong.

Or have a twist where, years later, we see him having actually become a beloved superhero...after making a deal with the government and them covering up all his crimes...or because he forced the whole world to play along with his hero fantasies, like the kid in Twilight Zone's "It's A Good Life".

There are so many interesting ways this could have been done, and instead it's just generic evil child crap.

Fuck that was a good TZ episode. Poor dog

It's seriously cliched and over done? How fucking retarded do you have to be to think that's a new concept

This isn't a movie trying to set up a universe like you're thinking it's trying to do, it's a small side product the Gunn brothers decided to do because they got tired of people saying Snyder's (who is actually their friend) Superman was edgy.

>This isn't a movie trying to set up a universe like you're thinking it's trying to do

>I'd make it interesting by having him genuinely try and be a hero, expecting things to work out like they do in movies/comics, but they don't due to a combination of his youth, him not knowing the extent of his powers and real world physics, then after being branded a menace and realizing he's not going to get any redemption like Peter Parker, he snaps.

>Or have him see everyone who pisses him off as villains who deserve what happens to them, and have him think, through a child's logic that because he has powers he can do no wrong.

>Or have a twist where, years later, we see him having actually become a beloved superhero...after making a deal with the government and them covering up all his crimes...or because he forced the whole world to play along with his hero fantasies, like the kid in Twilight Zone's "It's A Good Life".

>There are so many interesting ways this could have been done, and instead it's just generic evil child crap.

I missed the part where he said it was trying to set up a universe. Don't do drugs kids.

i think he misread the part about a twist where he makes a deal with the government, but even then it doesn't say anything about establishing a universe/sequels etc. Redditors just lack reading comprehension

You're basically describing Chronicle with a bunch of retarded twists and ideas. Maybe kids should do drugs.

t. redditor

>Chronicle with a bunch of retarded twists and ideas

So...the movie we're getting away?

Will there at least be rule 34 of the edgy evil Superman kid and Elizabeth Banks?

Holy fuck this. I must have read a fake synopsis that said he sleeps with PR guy's wife and they have to deal with the fallout of being cucked by practically a god.

All that starcrossed secret alien poisoning crap we got instead was just such goofy wtf?

>The boy's invulnerable, Martha, it's not like I can just spank him!

So it's a rip-off of a rip-off of Superman

Hancock is alright until he stops the hostage situation halfway through the movie, because it stops being a superhero movie and becomes some weird quasi-romantic drama about characters you have no strong feelings towards

>I must have read a fake synopsis that said he sleeps with PR guy's wife and they have to deal with the fallout of being cucked by practically a god.
Pretty sure that was an early version of the plot.

>me and the boys in creative mode

Name one concept that isn't clichéd or overdone, you stupid retard. There aren't many movies that focus on an evil Superman who's going through a murder spree with no actual hero to balance things out. It's all about the execution and making it look fresh.

Attached: 1555171523306.png (1000x563, 622K)

literally every single capeshit concept is trite, cliched and/or overdone, it's the most milked medium so far to the point that it's flat out ran out of ideas even in the source material.

The new Netflix series is interesting. I really suspect Protom- I mean Bemular is just the original Ultraman despite him being named after a kaiju.

What if Batman..... was a cunt?

Attached: mark-millar-workshop.jpg (368x254, 61K)

Can't argue with those numbers Mr. Millar.

>you know all ones look like blades
>what if numbers could kill
>"you mean like what numbers had a metaphysical effect on our world, mr miller?"
>no what if they fly off of pages, boards, and screens and they could cut people

Truly the edgiest comic book writer out there. Literally.

It's not a fresh concept in any stretch of the word. It's literally the evil child hellspawn concept with a cape and mask to make a lazy superman comparison.

Isn't this a Sony movie? I don't think it has a thing to do with DC.

God, I hate Mark Millar. He makes a tasteless and edgy story and calls it a deconstruction while expecting praise for being deep

Witnessed

Attached: 1543978621219.jpg (126x126, 8K)

I liked his Superior comic. That was neat.

Different Ultraman my giant alien-blasting buddy. Just in case you're not making a joke, I'd like to clarify that they're talking about DC's alternate universe evil Superman who is amusingly named Ultraman. Goddamn there's so many evil Supermans and kryptonians.

Yeah, he makes some good comics

Coolest kill in the movie?

Killing isn't cool.

>these shit fucking filenames that don't tell me what the fuck I'm looking at so I have to reverse image search to know what OP is talking about.

Mark Waid pls

Obviously killing and murder in the real world is awful, but in fiction there is a certain kind of morbid art about it. I wonder what death scene will get the Golden Chainsaw and which will get Dull Machete.

>this is our last hope TO GET RID OF BRANDON
Wait, I thought they sent their babies away to save them, how bad could a baby actually be? Specially for a race of superpowered psychopaths.

>No good unified 2d artstyle
The only real downside here.

Just make a Brat Pack movie. Ultimate edge and it even has a gay character already in it!

They're probably inherently evil, on a genetic level.

what movie is this?

Just like humans then.

That explains the kid being evil, but that doesn't explain the alien race wanting to get rid of one of their evil babies if they're all inherently evil. Why would the pod say "this is our last hope TO GET RID OF BRANDON." if they're evil alien conquerors who value being evil and shit.

The real question is when's Warner gonna give us Bizarro on the big screen

Attached: bizarro.jpg (1041x1600, 627K)

Not OP but I assume that's what the other aliens who defeated the evil aliens wrote.

>Name one concept that isn't clichéd or overdone
A story staring the love interest of a superhero where she doesn't know the hero's true identity nor is it revealed till the end if at all.

Go on, if you can name 5 then it's clichéd and/or overdone, but I'll be shocked if you make it past 2. Ball's in your court.

Attached: I win.jpg (370x342, 38K)

Ok then, but if their intention was to get rid of them why did he get the name "Brandon"?, did they all get named? Why name them if they wanted to get rid of them?

Maybe the writing's just not very good.

Shitty writing or the AMA user is lying.

You're probably not here anymore, but how does it end?

idk guys Michael Myers Superman just sounds interesting to me

it's not a bias if it's true

Damn, that actually sounds pretty cool. Way better than the half baked shit we are gonna get. How much do you bet that critics are gonna call this movie, " a deep and subversive deconstruction of superheroes" even though it is literally just "superman as evil kid lmao"

Which is probably why it was good.

No, Chronicle was Fox. Pretty sure Brightburn's Sony and the jury's still out on it.