Why the hell did Odin even have this?

Why the hell did Odin even have this?

Attached: fake.gif (498x239, 2.91M)

How they know the exact size of each infinity stone assuming that they’ve never seen all of them.

Some point in the past, someone probably gathered the Infinity Stones for whatever purpose and had a right hand gauntlet crafted for it.

People are less likely to fuck with Asgard if they think it has real shit in the armory

they had to explain why the Infinity Gauntlet was in Thor 1

How is there a fake infinity gauntlet if said gauntlet was only made for Thanos and then he killed all the craftsmen that made it? Did they make more through the ages? They just had a mould lying around?

>People are less likely to fuck with Asgard if they think it has real shit in the armory

Because having control over the nine focal points of the universe (the nine realms) wasn't enough, eh?

literally just for the sake of that joke. no other reason than the writers wanted to make that joke.

It was to explain why it was in Thor 1, my dude. Not for the joke.

Okay this is just my headcanon and it's complete bullshit
>Eitri and his dwarves are famous craftsmen who great mighty weapons/tools known throughout the nine realms
>Eitri knows of The Infinity Stones, and that few can even hold one.
>Gets drunk one night and thinks "Dude, I could totally design something that could hold all six!"
>Odin finds out before he can start making the thing
>Gets pissed and tells him he's a fool to even create such a thing
>Odin pretends he has one crafted as a power move over the other realms
>Eitri keeps the plans just to spite Odin

well, as its a shit explanation that only raises more issues while trying to solve one. also it just so happens to be in the movie that directly leads into infinity war and you dont think that had anything to do with them putting in that specific movie? if Infinity War wasn't coming out and literally happening 5 seconds after this movie closes they wouldn't of cared at all. it was a joke/hype move, no matter what excuses they pretend to hide behind.

Maybe the dwarves already had blueprints for an Infinity Gauntlet.

>its a shit explanation that only raises more issues while trying to solve one.
I don't think it really raised more questions than what we'd have if they left it alone.

Thanos wasn't the only one who got the idea, but he was the only one who actually got it made, and then managed to collect all the legendary pokemon, I mean mini-cons, I mean the chaos emeralds, I mean Dracula's body parts, I mean Tailed Beasts, I mean Millenium Items, I mean pieces of Aztec gold, I mean, Wild Zords, I mean AI fragments, I mean Kanoka Disks, I mean Dragon Balls, I mean Iraqi terrorists, I mean...

I think she meant the gems in it were fake, because those slots clearly aren't empty.

Because they included it in the first thor film as a quick wink/nod to the viewers. But then later realized they wanted to do a thanos infinity gauntlet movie when the marvel movies made elevenity gazillion dollars. So they had to retroactively make the one odin had a fake.

I dunno, did they ever explain why Ronin the Destroyer had Mjolnir?

Real reason is this but I accept this as canon

Drunk Dinklage bragging he can wield six infinities.

Asgard didnt guard the asspull so good.

obviously its the reality gauntlet...

It was originally just an easter egg and then fans nitpicked on it and Taika decided to adress it in the most dismissive way and now eveyrone moved on.

Who the fuck could even keep track at this point? If you want a headcanon, he's one as good as any: When Thanos went to the Dwarves to force them to make him a tool that could wield all six Infidney Stones, it was because he had heard legends of such a thing being crafted by them before, even if the stones themselves had never been gathered. If Hela knew it was fake (or the stones were), it may have been created during Odin's raiding and warmongering days, maybe for a dwarf, because if its size, and then captured by Odin in hopes of using it for more power and conquest, but but he never got more stones than the Tesseract, so he just put it in his treasure room with fake gems to make people think he had that power. Then when Thanos got his version from the Dwarves the "Fine, I'll do it myself" scene" at the end of Age of Ultron actually takes place soon before the beginning of Infinity War.

>raises more issues while trying to solve one
it really doesn't.
without it confirmed to be fake, people would bitch about: "uh what about the gauntlet in Thor 1??!?!"

It is a scene especially made for retards like you who doesn't understand what an easter egg is.

Odin was also a Thanos type and used prototype pseudo gauntlet to conquer the nine realms, with Hela as his Black Order