>Chapter 71: Page 3
>He was practicing smiles with Shadow.

Attached: 00002137.jpg (600x849, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/99076859/
youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xz3OISxP-Iw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Annie is thinking about his dick obviously.

I quit.
It was fun, guys.
I'm out.

That is the single most hideous thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

Aw, look, Kat made an abomination.

Kat's a technical genius but not a great visual designer.

Oh fucking Christ. That looks absolutely awful.

We've officially jumped the shark.

That does not sound like robot.

i hate it

Don't you dare blame Kat for this.
She's just another innocent victim of Tom's.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 14K)

>tfw

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING

Attached: massacre.gif (480x265, 3.62M)

I never thought that I could feel true anguish from a comic page.

i was hoping Robot would keep the robot head but on Kat's bio-mech body. This is just weird.

why did Tom have to die. I want the real Tom back.

Attached: 1553658342743.gif (500x281, 1019K)

Same. It is just WAY too human-looking.

This kills the comic.

Attached: fuck.jpg (392x277, 58K)

Feels like a page is missing

3/4th of the comic was leading up to specifically this.

Wow, this is terrible.
I mean, really fucking terrible.
Tom needs an editor.

And 3/4ths of me died just now.

This is Tom's new M.O.
Intentionally skip pages as a final fuck you to his fans

Just ASKING for rule34

Robot's just doing a practical joke, right?
This is an old test head they kept to laugh at because it was so ugly, right?
He's gonna take it off and put on the real head next page, right?

The only thing worse than this page is the brownnosers who will beg Imaa to make a redesign for Robot

Take it back Tom.
If you delete your upload right now I'll forgive you.

Attached: 1541982228631.jpg (540x960, 54K)

imaa has never made anything this awful.

Dumb imaafag

I can't stop thinking of that robot as a wojak

I won't, but Jesus might still forgive him if he repents right now.

Tom is clearly limping to the finish
Expect less than nothing for the finale

you guys are mean

Tom is mean.
I liked this comic and now he killed it just out of spite.

what the fuck

Attached: 1472929993461.png (321x322, 40K)

Attached: cap.png (471x461, 529K)

it's not though

What's that?
I can't read you.
I already gouged my eyes out.

Leave

Attached: 1284724739905.jpg (471x480, 24K)

So what is even happening in this comic anymore?

It's supposed to be ugly guys. He will probably get a human skin next and look indistinguishable from a person.

Attached: Gunnerkrigg_Court_-_By_Tom_Siddell_-_2014-08-07_22.40.58.png (128x143, 43K)

How big is his robo dong?

Attached: 1509044226897.png (719x699, 519K)

I don't know what is funnier. Robot's stupid fucking face; or everyone's reaction to Robot's stupid fucking face

When you write an emotionally complex story about a machine intelligence adapting to a physical, humanoid form but don't have the art skills to back it up

Bigger than yours

What if Annie's crush was Robot and this display just ramped up her feelings?

No. This discussion is dead forever.
All rule34 of this character needs to be destroyed.

Attached: Ro-and-Bot.jpg (600x849, 121K)

The heart wants what it wants my man

Noice

at this point I'm in too deep to jump ship but god fuck tom you are going to have to work to restore my enjoyment after these past few pages

the pacing being fucked was one thing
this is... this is something else.

Attached: okay.png (205x240, 68K)

Jesus fuck. This version of Robot is so deep in the uncanny valley I think I saw a balrog on the way down.

>orange man bad

Attached: no head.jpg (600x849, 423K)

Even tiktok memes can't fix this one.

watch, this is all a prank and it’s boxbot.

Your enjoyment come from binge-reading, which is how the comic is meant to be read. Catching up always cause a re-entry burn, but the pacing is actually alright, if you read each chapter in one go.

Oh fuck me that's horrible. Literally how did Kat ever think that was a good design?

I've been fine with everything, but that right there is wroooooooong. The blocky-with-organic-flair was kino. This is uncanny valley, in and out of comic evidently

How cool would it have been if Kat had done a Gray Fox kinda design...
It would have made sense, it fits Kat's character, they just made a reference to frieza a chapter earlier, it wouldn't have been out of place...
It could have been anything. Give him a megaman face or whatever, anything but this abomination!

And the best part?

We have 69hrs left until we get any kind of relief from this autism.

Never forget.
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/99076859/

I don't get it. Why are you all complaining? Is this some kind of new meme that I0'm not aware of?

literally the npc meme

What's the appeal of this comic?

Seems like a Harry Potter knockoff with a fem mc.

Memes.

Thanks Tom, i hate it

Jesus christ, it's absolutely horrifying.
The mouth itself is shit, and i really don't like Tom going this direction with Robot...
But the eyebrowes? Holy hell!

zimmy

...WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE A MUPPET?!

It's a proto-human guys, of course it's gonna be freaky.

Remember this page?
THIS GUY was supposed to be "Creepy" because of how human he looks.
Yet something along these lines would be wayyyy better than what the new page shows

Attached: 00000881.jpg (600x849, 427K)

Actually he's creepy because of his bulging Frankenstein('s monster) forehead and grim-looking expression.

I am honestly disappointed we didn't get to see more of robot's transition from metal machine to biometal man, To jumpover all the ideas that could have been explored leading up to this is a wasted opportunity.

Can’t wait for those eyebrow channels to pull back and reveal his monoeye camera!

Attached: 210C9F08-0AED-4C20-AF33-24064BCB4556.jpg (225x225, 7K)

FOREST PEOPLE BAD

Umm?

Dammit now Robot looks more in shape than me ... just like all 3 other versions of him.

>Annie will return the favor with smile attempt number... 12.
>It was a failure.

alright
None the less, looks a hell of a lot better than Robot does now

Why so you guys think he's supposed to look good? This design makes sense, even if it's super ugly. It's going to change in the future though so why fret over it.

Damn, robot, you managed to freak out Annie and she ain't even human.

Looks like wojak.

Kat sucks.

What would you guys say are the actual differences between C-Annie and F-Annie?
C-Annie is clearly more stubborn

I really doubt he'd spend so much detail on a design he's only going to throw away after one chapter

Law of Yea Forums webcomic threads: Anything that looks bad is a mistake of the author. Even if the mistake is a matter of opinion.

Attached: ba1[1].jpg (1001x879, 67K)

Booooo, the ancient robots Diego built even complimented the forms of the court Bots

I'm also a salty clangfag who never liked robots that look too much like people only painted shiny and chrome

no sir, I do not like it. His face used to be so beautiful in its simplicity

Attached: 067DBAED-CA41-4BAA-AC06-EBE18DE17CF2.png (636x773, 8K)

Attached: 1374796030634.jpg (600x595, 64K)

Maybe not one chapter, but he surely isn't supposed to stay like that.

10/10
Best Thog.

>look indistinguishable from a person

Attached: images.jpg (624x351, 18K)

>Robot is clearly supposed to look weird and uncomfortable in an uncanny valley way
>WHAT THE FUCK? THIS ROBOT LOOKS WEIRD AND UNCOMFORTABLE! DROPPED

Attached: Dreaming or stupid.png (381x380, 13K)

They're otters, user. Let them have their thing.

That's the thing, too, it doesn't make sense at all.
It's flexible enough that he smiles, but his mouth is still cut out like a puppet's. There appear to be no muscles around the eyes at all and he doesn't have a nose and instead has an ugly stripe ... thing in the middle of his face.
This is a terrible design if you compare it to his arm, which, assuming all the anatomical errors are coming from Tom, not Kat, looks pretty much like a perfect recreation of a human arm.
Why can Kat make arms and penises, but doesn't even try with the face?

>matter of opinion
going against the opinion that is shared by a large majority of your audience is a mistake, yes, unless you did it on purpose, of course. Are you saying that Tom knew this was ugly and did it anyways? Because as happy as I'd be about that, I somehow doubt it. Tom's always played everything very safe. He wouldn't risk ruining a character for a dumb joke or whatever other reason I can think of for this face.

Are you really sure he's supposed to?

And even if, it still looks horrible, and i feel like the visuals of one of the major characters is completely ruined.
Just because the intentions are one thing, doesn't mean it's good that they're like that

Gunnerkrigg Court threads on Yea Forums are filled with the absolute worst retards and manchildren on the board. It's why Tom has to dumb things down for them to get them to understand, because their brains are missing.

isn't it kind of obvious robot is still a WIP

I'm upset that he's not the least bit a n g u l a r

Anyone that didn't see literally exactly this coming is an idiot.

Tom what

Attached: 1554411365885.jpg (540x421, 34K)

Changing things just to please a group of people is how many shows and comics go down the drain. It means that authors have no spine and started taking advice from people who don't know what they're doing.

But really my comment on opinion is largely on art or writing style. I see so many armchair critics on webcomic threads say something is bad simply because it's not realistic rendering/proportions or just a clone of something they think is 'correct'. The irony is when mainstream media does the same, those same people eat that shit up with a tablespoon and call it genius.

Its Courtnie and Frannie.
We've established this.

I do not look forward to seeing Robot level up his autism with this new extra uncanny body

Also >soul vs soulless.mem

Attached: cute.jpg (600x849, 165K)

He's the unholy combination of a crash test dummy and funky winkerbean

How doos an robont swent?
How robnot get prgganante?

Microchannel heat sink ports and thermal dispersion oil

Nanomachines, son

Why is everyone so mad about the comic's current state? The quality hasn't dropped any from what I can tell.

Attached: salt_elemental.png (592x623, 553K)

Is it because he hasn't used this opportunity to engage in lesbian self-cest?

...Okay nevermind, I'm mad now too.

Okay.
Even if we consider that it's on purpose, though, it's at the very least an issue considering established canon. Kat can make real muscles. This design doesn't have those (or at least lacks many). It's stupid on that basis alone.

Yes.
No selfcest and all ugly robot makes imaa a very dull boy.

Tom, I beg you. Stop while there's still time.
We're getting close to a line that shouldn't be crossed.

No way, Kat can't have taste THAT bad

Wait. She's dating Paz. Fuuuuuck

You take that back!

Attached: Pazknife.jpg (686x1010, 444K)

>and i feel like the visuals of one of the major characters is completely ruined.
Exactly. I don't want him to look more human, anyway.

I miss when Gunnerkrigg was good.

Attached: robot2.png (457x606, 328K)

I really hope this was intended to feel uncomfortable, because this is one of the most unsettling cases of uncanny valley I can recall in recent memory. I much preferred the old flat panel face, this thing gives me the feeling it's going to try to pull my skin off and wear it.

OI

WHERE THE FUCK IS HIS JUMPER

Oh it certainly is. But I wish it was more of the exposed artificial muscle fibers and uncertain goop that the whaleship was morphing from kind of unsettling than :^) uncanny

>Are you saying that Tom knew this was ugly and did it anyways?
Not that user, but yes. It's meant to be a transitional state in which Robot's face and ability to emote are limited, which accentuates his inhumanity. This "not quite there" state is almost the very definition of the uncanny valley.

Also, if you think the meaning of Robot having this ugly unsettling face is Tom making "a dumb joke", that just shows your ignorance.

>Robot isn't wearing any pants

>Kat can make real muscles
Facial muscles are probably a bitch to recreate, though. There's all sorts if minute movements, voluntary and involuntary, that making Robot and Anthony's hands didn't prepare her for.

Attached: ng9Ay[1].gif (871x624, 719K)

Don#t forget they're trying to build a robot that is supposed to be in a relationship with a human female. Not everyone is as good as the guys at Netherrealm in making a male face so Kat's probably getting there bit by bit. Robot had plenty of bodies so far.

He looks cool but he's not gonna integrate to society anytime soon with that face.

That Path looks retarded.

It is equivalent to a dumb joke, because it doesn't fit in with the canon. Why does his body look totally humanoid and his face retarded?

>Robot had plenty of bodies so far.
And Court Annie's worn out every one of them.

So accurate

>doesn't fit in with the canon
The canon is Tom.

>Why does his body look totally humanoid and his face retarded?
Because

That's right, bitch best stay the fuck out if he knows what's best for him!

Attached: seriously just shut the fuck up.png (328x265, 144K)

This entire thread feels like one single autist saying "I hate it" over and over again.

>be Tom
>planned this years in advance
>ready to reveal
>suddenly, unrelated NPC meme
>it looks exactly the same
oh man, sucks to be him. Well at least Loup worked out

tony kinda looks like a wojak

You dumbasses are so caught up in arguing about the robot that you missed the best part of this update

Attached: Kat close.png (67x83, 13K)

How far they have come

Attached: 12AE3F64-FC29-4843-B09D-5F5FA4C8CBE3.jpg (600x850, 158K)

Pretty uncanny resemblance, this can't have been just a coincidence right?

Attached: GC robot NPC .png (345x374, 137K)

It is, since both the meme and Robot's current look are based in the uncanny valley, difference being is that NPCs are based on dehumanizing people who oppose or don't care about a given political alignment, meanwhile this look is meant to show Robot's growth into becoming more like a person.

He looks and talks less like a person now than ever before.

Imagine Kat and the Annies looking like that side by side.

Attached: 00001444.jpg (600x849, 191K)

Just wanted to say that the first 50 or so posts in this thread are pretty fuckin embarrassing
Imagine being as retarded as any of them
Imagine reading a webcomic for a decade and still not understanding what it's about

Maybe the uncanny's reflecting on his identity.

If he didn't skip you'd say the comic was too slow. Fuck off, I'm trying the best I can.

He's just getting used to having a face.

This. Everyone complaining about this, but Loup is fucking atrocious.

This, it's just the mechanical underlay. He'll get a human skin on top of it.

>If he didn't skip
>I'm trying the best I can.
Too mean to be Tom so this must be Mags defending her man. No need to get so upset.

Attached: magnolia pearl getting mad at co.png (506x559, 75K)

10/10, friend.

You caught me. All these posts are me.

What are you talking about. Somone once said something bad about transgenders and Tom didn't scold them. He is literally Hitler.

I forgot that they actually put that thread on autosage for how negative the reaction was, kek

Attached: bicentennial man.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Alchemy.

Attached: 526A5A64-59AD-4366-A531-731DEB460F0F.jpg (250x186, 5K)

It's obviously not the underlay.

So is this good to read?
Heard about it but got filtered by the early artstyle

It was very good, until today.

It's good. The issues arise when you have slow chapters that appear to be even slower due to the release schedule. Some pages also work a whole lot better when you can read them more quickly while there is also the chapter about a characters extensive past that worked great with the schedule.

It depends how mature you are when it comes to topics like distant fathers and forgiveness. If you're not a tumblr-level child about those, you'll be fine.

zimmy is in it

Attached: its okay.jpg (776x872, 156K)

youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

>Tom, I beg you
reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=xz3OISxP-Iw

Attached: jones_boxbot_terrible_b3h3j.jpg (600x430, 22K)

Oh man, the comic was so mysterious and distanced back then.
I don't know if this is the best explanation, but i think what used to make GKC so good is how, despite it being about very interesting characters and the serious issues they deal with, all their stories seemed to be so much distanced from themselves. like someone being old and having thought about everything they experienced, and is now telling someone about their life. but now, it's not the same, it feels like we're experiencing the whole story in real-time, and it's not as mysteriously distanced as it used to be.

i guess that's just the problem with us learning more about the main character, so it was inevitable, but it's really changed a lot

Attached: cyclops.png (245x246, 82K)

What about me then?

Robot looks like NPC Wojak
Loup, with some work, can be worked into Pepe

talking of beings trying to become human, the chapter page kinda reminds me of a distorted yellow brick road

Attached: yellow_brick_road_gettyimages-121652862_crop.jpg (1589x1335, 1.6M)

It is.

This, and very few people seem to get it, but that makes it even more profound. Robot's new design is very reflective of uncanny valley theory in robotics. Basically humans feel a unique gross feeling when seeing a dead human body, and this feeling can be triggered by seeing "distorted" faces in general. As robotics develops, machines will eventually start looking less like R2D2, and more like Android 18. And inbetween those two points is an uncanny valley, where robots have faces styled after humans, but far enough off in execution that they trigger the grossout feeling.

Attached: uncanny-valley.jpg (900x530, 59K)

Ignoring the weird face for now, this isn't the first time these words have been spoken to Robot.

Attached: 00000891.jpg (600x849, 193K)

>Basically humans feel a unique gross feeling when seeing a dead human body, and this feeling can be triggered by seeing "distorted" faces in general
Is this really what psychologists think creates the uncanny valley effect?
Man, that field of 'science' is more retarded, then, than I'd ever feared.
Uncanny valley has nothing to do with evolution or dead bodies or even psychology, it's simply about observable quality.
Any artist knows this.
The more realistic you're trying to be the harder it is to meet the minimum standard of a viewer, simply because the viewer has reality to compare your rendering to, unlike with a cartoon, which basically has no minimum standard, because there is no objective standard of quality. That's why uncanny valley exists for pretty much anything, not just human faces, even artificial objects. If you fuck up the lighting or the perspective on a building that you're trying to render realistically, it will look hideous, but that doesn't apply to a cartoon, it's just that generally bad artists don't really draw buildings and/or publish their art of them and buildings are much easier to render than faces, so it's not that well known, but I have problems getting color and light correct all the time, even on geometric surfaces. I know how terrible that stuff can look.
This is not a complicated concept, though. How could anyone get it so wrong?

And this oncept has nothing to do with being creeped out by dolls and whatever, either, that feeling comes from the fear of the unknown, because you can't quite tell if something like a porcelain doll is real or not when you see it in corner of your eye or in bad light or whatever. Some people are creeped out by that.
Nothing to do with death either.
People generally aren't even creeped out by dead bodies anyway, they're scared of the concept of death, which is entirely different.
I've never seen a dead body, be it person or animal and felt "a unique gross feeling", but I've definitely been terrified by dead bodies, because of the context of their existence, i.e. that something died.
Duh.

>I've never seen a dead body, be it person or animal and felt "a unique gross feeling"
emphasis on unique, of course.
Dead bodies are gross because they might carry disease, but that is the same exact feeling I feel when someone is sick or something looks slimy or icky or whatever. It's in no way unique and has nothing to do with uncanny valley. I would even go so far as to say that you couldn't be any further removed from uncanny valley, since that's all about artificial renderings. Puppets and art and such things. They generally are very unlikely to carry disease.
How can you be grossed out by that?

Me too.

#metoo

Maybe you're just not human.

Hm ...
I do have six eyes and a tail.
I always thought that was kinda strange...