Incredibles 2

What went wrong?

Attached: hjki.png (1319x541, 667K)

Same boring plot
Characters didn’t aged
No one died and no real consequences after the events
It was pretty miserable and useless

It didn't need to exist, but everyone kept crying for a sequel because people won't admit to falling for name brands and "I recognize that!" to enjoy shit, so they hashed out the same script as the original after Brad Bird failed with TomorrowLand and he needed to prove himself to Disney/Pixar.

>The world was waiting for a movie about a Superhero family.
>But we got the family being split up again, with political ramifications seeping in instead of it just being personal fights.
>Brad Bird then closed onto the lucrative Hero vs Hero/Civil War/Versus trend that had been popping up.
>And characters that were meant to represent controversial minorities were too bland and not clear.
>The villain was "misguided" rather than overambitious to his/her own fault.
>Should have been a movie that focused on the family dynamic instead of having the same idea of women can do everything but men can't, instead of highlighting the fact that Helen was more both Hero and stay at home parent, where Bob was only a Hero and a 9-5 working dad.
>So obviously one parent would be more adept at childcare and home economics than the other.
>The film then reiterated the same message the first movie did: Heroes are good and you should feel bad for outlawing them.

What should have been:

>Same start of the film is fine, but the parent and the kids should face the enemy together instead of having lone island moments with the final melee battle like a "meh" superhero movie like:
>Wonder Woman+BVS+MOS+Avengers: Endgame, etc....

I think this movie falls short at the part where I haven't seen it.

Violet is a nudist

real answer:

1) villain was less interesting than syndrome

2) individual vs society theme was resolved too easily

3) family and superhero plots weren't connected enough

4) Helen was doing the action but Bob was doing the character development; it was the classic "female characters are too precious to give flaws to so the story is slightly boring" situation

Attached: 1530201048061.jpg (750x781, 180K)

He asked what went wrong

Lame overused twist villain formula

>Main Villain is another normal human without superpowers jelly as fuck that she wasn't a super and wants them illegal
Do the writers just hate powerless humans?

Needed more Helen's ass

Nothing.

It took too fucking long, for one.

Weird plot that ended up getting really messy by the end. The only solid stories were Violet being a person and Bob trying to be a good dad.

No Mirage. So what if her VA passed away, they could have found another.

Attached: Mirage_Incredibles.jpg (600x600, 43K)

>Dat Ass!!!
Nothing went wrong.

Too many white people

It felt like if Incredibles had an animated series on television, and this would be up to snuff as being one of the written episodes but it was used for a feature film instead.

That said, I thought it was still good.

It was incredibly boring. And honestly, I watched it a month ago and I can't remember any of it. It just felt thrown together at the last minute, nothing was cohesive, and it was a really generic plot. Nothing changed, nothing advanced from the first one(supers are still dumped on?), and all the characters were the same as before and didnt change by the end. And you'd think with a billion superhero movies since the first one came out that they would have enough material to work with. Just all around the worst thing any media can be - forgettable.

No Gamma Jack

writing of the villain's arc was shit

Frozone didn't yell motherfucker.

More or less everything except the shots on Helen's ass

3 plots, all fighting each other. How to fix
>screenslaver has already been wrecking havoc before elastigirl comes back
>evelyn's motivation IS screenslavers, that mass media (such as her family's business) has projected supers into people's homes and made them weak like as happened to her father
>purpose of mind controlling supers wasn't to make them illegal but feared
>Winston is the one who talks Evelyn down by emphasizing that their father was being a hero by buying time for the police to arrive instead of calling supers
Or whatever.
Incredibles 2 could have been about looking at the very concept of super worship in mass media as a means to infantilize the population. A unique perspective given that we are in a post MCU world now.

Not enough sequences of Dash flexing.

Attached: incredibles 2 dash flex.webm (1920x800, 1.54M)

Well can you, or anyone for that matter name one thing the sequel did better than the first apart from graphics?

Honestly, it felt like it just retreaded the first movie's plot but switched who was in the lead. Also the family stuff felt a lil contrived this time around.

Too much teasing.

Honestly?
Probably Tomorrowland bombing super hard and Disney basically threatening Brad to make this movie no matter how shitty the script was or he'll never work again.
I assume.

kek