Is this the best GL has been in a while?

Is this the best GL has been in a while?

Attached: 722304._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x554, 78K)

It's just nice to have Morrison at DC again.

its boring with shit overdesigned art

Well sure but given that the last 6 years of Green Lantern under Venditti has been some of its worst, that's not really saying much.

Yes, Hal n' Pals was trash. Get over it.

vendetti's flash was also terrible, why do they keep giving this guy a job

It's hard to be worse than Vendetti.

because he is willing to do whatever the editors want him to do whether it's write crossovers or insert some pet fanfic ideas these morons wanted to see written into the comics since these guys are former wizard fanboys

He returns his scripts on time.
Same reason Liefield gets work still.
That and literally nothing anyone does significantly affects the sales and value of comics at the Big Two these days so it hardly matters to those in charge who writes it.

>Liefeld
>on time
Wasn't a huge thing with early Image that fucking nothing was on time?

It's the best run since Johns' run. I like the whole Blackstar thing happening

At Marvel, when he had editorial breathing down his neck to meet deadlines, he made sure to meet his deadlines.

The minute he helped found Image and basically became his own boss, his productivity went downhill almost instantly.

Because Hal n Pals was a masterpiece and Hawkman is the best comic being published.

This has been the best GL has ever been. Johns never wrote an issue as good as that God issue.

it's the best in at least a decade

But even if it wasn't following a mediocre run it's still pretty damn good

Wait is it over at 6 issues? What is the deal with #7?

No, it will be 24 issues.

It's pretty good, but it'd be better if it was a bi-weekly. A big mistake was changing the Guardians' designs to be uniform. That defeats the purpose of them coming back better, and learning from their mistakes acting as a shitty collective.

When is 7 coming out?

Perhaps it was for the best.

Is Morrison ignoring everything from New 52 and Rebirth? Because I haven't read GL since half-way through New 52 due to Venditti being fucking trash. Should I bother reading New 52/Rebirth stuff before Morrison's run? I assume since it's Morrison he's doing whatever the fuck he wants.

The first issue had a brief allusion to Dr. Manhattan fucking up the universe, but so far it's been pretty self-contained beyond a few off-hand mentions of Simon and Jess.

I dunno, I stopped following this at issue #3. It wasn't bad or anything, but the entire thing felt like a really slow burn (like a foot long candle with a wick the size of a pea). I'll probably read it again when Morrison finishes.

Unpopular opinion: it's the best it's been since Marz's run

I mean half of Marz's run was hot garbage so that's not a high bar to clear.

>it's another "Dumbass Gets Winick and Marz Mixed Up" episode
Give it a fucking rest dude. Believe it or not Kyle's entire run wasn't the boogy man playing a joke on you.

Dat first issue came out of the gate very strong.

Attached: page of the year 2018.jpg (1008x1549, 577K)

I know you Kylefags like to tell yourselves that he'd still be the #1 Lantern if Winnick and Raab hadn't ruined anything, but Marz's run was shit and there's a reason everyone points to Morrison's JLA as the only pre-Rebirth time that Kyle was actually worth reading.

So since we have Myrwhyden back inside of Hal’s ring again, is his ring still the one he made himself in Rebirth or is this ring a combination of multiple rings Hal has used in the past? Can it still also be Malvolio’s ring?

Attached: 52B3B9E0-F0F7-4D54-8D0C-3F37D0CA7F0E.png (380x567, 509K)

>That one anti-Morrison autist that always reply in the second post
Every time.

Oh, it's you again. No you moron, it's still me, the guy that doesn't think Kyle is that great and prefers John. You still have to have some shit taste to think Mars' GL run was anything other than good.

Attached: Green_Lantern_Emerald_Allies.jpg (400x600, 91K)

Morrison's run is super retro, akin to the late 70s run when Wolfman had Hal in space for a year.

It's a rather stark detour from the crossover heavy days of modern Hal comics. It's very retro and you could make a case/argument that it would have made a perfect "What If..." type deal of, what Green Lantern would have turned out to be if, instead of destroying Hal and replacing him with a Gen X rip-off of Peter Parker, DC had hired Grant to write Green Lantern in 1994 starting with issue #48.

Dog Fuckers Green Lanterns was better

even at Marvel he was always late, that's why so many of his books had to be done with help from other pencilers, he couldn't keep deadlines and so he passed off the work to other artists who only sometimes got credit.

Hal & Pals was fucking great.

Everything with a Rebirth banner on the top was fucking trash and published for brainlets.

New-52 bro pls

I wish there were more seeders for this Green Lantern collection torrent so I could read every GL title from the beginning.

Go away Johnstard. Tomasi, Venditti, Humphries, Lobdell, Jurgens still can't write, and are some of the worst writers of all time.

Fuck off Bendis. Nobody is falling for your shit

>Bendis
>New 52
This is the arguing skill of somebody who thinks Tomasi's Superman is the epitome of the medium, without being able to prove why rebirth was readable.

Is there a recommended reading list for GL? Although looking at the arguing in this thread perhaps I shouldn't have bothered asking.

Hawkman was good but it's dragging on and losing readers.

lol no but this thread will be filled with morrisonfags who have never read GL before but will say anything to defend their cult leader.

Just read every GL issue ever. GL has never been rebooted and it all goes together. Besides, the arguing is the best part of being a GL fan.

Unpopular Opinion: First issue had nothing interesting besides the first pages and The Deux Ex Machina at the end and is utter shit.

A lot of overexposition to the GL Lore and Hal Jordan's life on earth (When that Blonde Girl starts to Talk about It just because Plot convenience holy shit).

I heard the Next issues got better tho.

Unless you want to read it as a reference to Captain Allen Adam fucking up the universe

>lanternfags fighting again
Brothers, sisters, come together.
All will be well

Attached: 31755C2B-287D-4355-A3EC-6FE5D2B0D99E.png (1280x960, 425K)

Marz's run was not good.