Is Two Face a good villain?

Is Two Face a good villain?

Attached: Two-Face.png (547x480, 259K)

50/50

He's sort of a toss up.

He's best when he's the real protagonist/focus of the stories he's in, otherwise he just comes off as either a generic lunatic that Batman pays lip-service to having once been a good man, or Joker with a duality gimmick who Batman treats no differently than any other villain.

I'm of the opinion they should have either let him become an anti-hero, or just killed the poor, miserable fuck off and let the concept of Two-Face be a legacy character.

Two-Face should ideally be more reserved and mysterious than Joker to set them apart. Two-Face's appearance, personality, and his habit of deciding people's fates make him come across as much more strange and sinister than the Joker. Not in a colorful, amusing way, but more in a creepy "intently watching you from the shadows in silence" sort of way. Tommy Lee Jones did it completely wrong, although I suspect that had more to do with the script he was given.

Yes and no.

Broken Harvey Dent, yes. Separate Personality, no.

He used to be more or less good but his best stories are Joker or Harley stories now

Imho while the execution wasn't perfect, the Telltale take was really cool where he became a tyrant.

This.
So many people don't get what he actually is, and why he's possibly Batman's deepest and most interesting villains. They need to read Eye of the Beholder.

It's kind of like Mr. Freeze, he's been developed into such a fantastic, memorable, tragic character, but due to inability to use restraint he gets used inappropriately, when he should only be used when you have a really good idea for him.

He's only got one or two stories in him

Batman The Animated Series did a great job with him if you ask me. They just need to give him and his psyche more focus in the comics. Most people only know him as this crazy, face half-scarred, mob boss type character when there’s more way to Harvey than meets the eye. Same thing goes for Bane & Mr. Freeze

Severely underwritten for what he could be

Any good reading recs for Two-Face? He's always felt underutilized despite easily rivaling Joker as one of Batman's most interesting villains.

Eye of the Beholder
The Long Halloween
Prodigal (which is mostly about his relationship to Robin)

Ya but he had drew barrymore as one of his bitches and she wasn’t even the better one.

fpbp

>make a villain with a tragic past
>tie him into the main character's history
>reduce him to some guy who robs banks

Attached: 1555623739170.jpg (181x182, 10K)

Underrated

Attached: 1543545687333.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Eye of the Beholder is the absolute must.

I'd also greatly recommend Crime and Punishment, The Judas Coin and the DCAU comics with him

he has 1 story. no.

>Is Two Face a good villain?
I'd like to give a definitive answer, but I'm split.

He's my favorite villain in all of DC and I'm not even a Batfag

Never stop, you bastards.

Attached: 1465258464682.jpg (500x500, 34K)