Why is it cool to take classic children's characters and make them edgy to appeal to the masses?

Why is it cool to take classic children's characters and make them edgy to appeal to the masses?

Attached: uio.png (1200x1188, 2.13M)

Because most of them look BAD in live action?

>classic children's characters
are they really? growing up I was only vaguely aware of the x-men because of cartoons. Also the hulk because my dad liked the old show with Lou ferrigno, but I still interpreted it as an old people's show

I'm 28 and the only distinctive kid's character I can think of is probably, like, Arthur

Are they edgy? These just feel like costume changes for merchandise. It might also show age and weariness and constrast from their bright outfits. Marvel really needs to use helmets. They look bland without them. Thor with a eyepatch should've stayed.

You call THAT edgy? That Cap one doesn’t even count given the character arc. Also try posting something a bit more relevant than those classic costumes

Weak bait

They're called Edge LORDS for a reason ya mook

Attached: 1486237760383.jpg (3000x3000, 368K)

soul>souless

>Implying Thor is edgy
>Acts like Loki is sick and chucks him at guards
>Laughs like a fucking goober

lol what a goober

>How do we translate Captain America into live action?
>Give him a black tacticool suit with subdued red strips, long hair, a beard, and two small BLACK shield things
>Fuck colors and comic accuracy!

That's Nomad Cap though.

I bet you're a fan of the 1990 movie

Maybe I just want my comics faithfully adapted?

Look man, don't blame "The Masses" for realizing that Captain America looks dumb.

classic costumes > any other version

Cap has worn different outfits user...........................

>comic accuracy
The reality is that most characters would never translate in their original outfits. And why would you want them too? The originals almost always look terrible.

>Captain America has 6 whole movies with a more comic accurate costume
>the ONE movie where Cap is in hiding and is no longer “Captain America”

>REEEEEE WHY ISNT HIS COSTUME COMIC BOOK ACCURATE!?!?!!!

Can you literally fuck off and die?

Attached: B7086EC1-E2DB-434C-BB47-269536B67D0A.jpg (602x339, 95K)

>Intentionally picks the scenarios where the characters are furthest away from their ideal situation to prop up some horseshit.
They should dissect your brain like Einstein and see if there's any properties that help you be such an expert retard.

Steve was just made a fugitive, doesn't exactly have the time to grab his old gear and keep it looking spotless
Stark specifically said at the start that the nanites are a panic button, they're not his preferred look or function they're for when shit hits the fan and he just needs to do or die
Asgard and Thor were constantly dealing with some bullshit or the other throughout the series, whenever he was on downtime he appeared more casual.

Speaking of casual, nice image search grab. I'm sure you're fully informed on these classics and just didn't have any comic panels at the time.

i like his costumes from first avenger and i mean all of them

>edgy
Bet you can't explicate what you even mean using this term.

Anything that's not exactly the same as it was before is edgy reeeee