Tony Stark - Iron Man #10 Storytime

Nobody did this, so... eh, might as well. In this issue, nearly a year later, and we're still moving at a snail's pace!

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-000.jpg (1987x3056, 1.69M)

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-001.jpg (1987x3056, 1.13M)

We get it, he's dead. Jesus...

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-002.jpg (1987x3056, 933K)

Jocasta continues being an insufferable cunt.

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-003.jpg (1987x3056, 1.56M)

Boy, I sure do love Arno. What an interesting addition to the lore...

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-004.jpg (3975x3056, 3.33M)

Boy, I wonder if he's gonna get naked again...

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-005.jpg (1987x3056, 1.61M)

And he's naked. Again. Why didn't they just add shadows to the crotch though? It just looks as if he's dickless/a manequin doll.

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-006.jpg (1987x3056, 1.7M)

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-007.jpg (1987x3056, 1.97M)

Hey look. Someone remembered about the Knights. Although that always came off as a bit too weird for me. He never seemed as a historical guy to me, merely as a sci-fi fan. But...

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-008.jpg (1987x3056, 1.88M)

...As this page says, it was probably a phase as a kid, and then he moved on to sci-fi and the like.

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-009.jpg (3975x3056, 2.53M)

I'm kinda pissed off with how little Beth appears. Fuck Janet, I want Cabe back with Stark.

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-010.jpg (1987x3056, 1.92M)

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-011.jpg (1987x3056, 1.7M)

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-012.jpg (1987x3056, 1.8M)

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-013.jpg (1987x3056, 1.82M)

>s-sweetie
Oh fuck off you sorry excuse for a character. I really hope the BTFOing here is real and she's written off the book.

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-014.jpg (1987x3056, 1.32M)

Howard's kinda in the right, desu.

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-015.jpg (1987x3056, 1.54M)

So he's backtracking from the cheesy "we r ALLLLL Iron Man bros" shit? I hope so.

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-016.jpg (1987x3056, 1.6M)

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-017.jpg (1987x3056, 1.78M)

Damn...

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-018.jpg (3975x3056, 2.97M)

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-019.jpg (1987x3056, 728K)

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-020.jpg (1987x3056, 1.26M)

And that's it. Did anybody read this, or did I just waste nearly half an hour?

Attached: Tony Stark - Iron Man 010-021.jpg (1987x3056, 1.13M)

I read it. Don't really know the context so I can't judge it.

Every once in awhile I like so see how IM is doing.
>That body is her body!
>If one of your human co-workers passed out would you treat them this way?

Yep still shit.

Same here

Those delays really killed this series dead, huh.

I'm still buying it because I need to pad my sub list, but man, I can't even read the issues. I just skim through them and look at the art. It's like a "woke" Saturday Morning Cartoon.
And just you wait, we've got WotR tie-ins incoming! This whole book is just a placeholder so that Slott can write Iron Man 2020 and "make his mark".

What exactly has Tony being adopted brought to the character? Gillen seemed like he had something planned for it, but the more time passed it became clear that there was no plan and it was just a cheap gimmick to add an OC, Bendis did what he always does, made it worse, and now Slott is trying to gloss over it as much as he can until he can get to his Iron Man 2020 story, which really seems to be the only reason he's found the book.

>Dan Slott
Well, that explains a lot. Anyway, thanks for storytiming!

i read it, it was pretty fun.
Thanks OP

>which really seems to be the only reason he's found the book.
It was rumoured no one but Slott wanted to write for a Iron Man book. You can tell he picked it up because he cares more about what little is left of Tony's supporting cast rather than Tony himself.

Why would nobody wanna write an Iron Man book? In it you can tell aco-if, spy, military and corporate stories. Does nobody have enough imagination for those genres? I get that writing about proper capes and fantasy books is easier, but seriously, no one?

Because the truth is that a lot of Marvel's writers don't like modern day Iron Man and have never read any of his classic stories. They always try to write him as his MCU self. It's a bit sad but I don't really blame them. His characterization has really became a mess in the last decade.

Yeah its pretty depressing that the only good iron man comics in the last decade or two was Extremis and superior iron man.

I guess. But still, even without knowing the lore, the book still offers a lot of genres to play with.
Go back you poseur.

The character has been stuck in this neverending loop since Civil War where he gets awful stories/characterization because writers try to write him as MCU Tony and do zero research of how he was in classic stories. Because of this tons of writers don't like the character and when they're handed Tony to write about they make the same errors and the cycle repeats.I think Margaret Stohl is one of the few writers that actually cares about him.

I did. Thanks a lot really appreciate it.

With this issue the adoption story had some nice setup for Arno. Godbuster armor was cool, and will probably be what Arno uses.

When did she start using Pym as a surname?

All storytimes are appreciated user, any dislike of the content isn't a reflection on you.

I thought it interesting that the Godbuster here had the spikey gear shoulders like original Arno's armor from way back.

Bendis kills interest in books pretty hard, no one wants to be blamed for low sales when they picked up a book that's basically toxic waste.

when she married Ultron Pym

Dude. Vote with your wallet. Don't give them money for garbage. If you have to have a set amount of profuct you need on your pull list for your LCS I would also suggest going to one that isn't run by a whose last name I am assuming is Sheckleburgstine

Thanks for the storytime OP

wow this is just like my Japanese manga!

Wow, he just came back to life, but SURELY he's dead for real this time, right?!

Attached: pepe eyeroll.jpg (618x597, 144K)

I read it, thx user.

If you need to pad out your sublist, then get an interesting book like outer darkness, deadly class, criminal or something that isn’t capeshit.

I’m getting out of comics in general. I’m just waiting for East Of West and Black Monday Murders to be done. I’m tired of wasting money on pozzed garbage with no merit. Hell, I’ve purged most of my HD too. I have actual textbooks to read. Why waste time on yet another liked piece of propaganda where I learn that “whitey bad, nigga gotta fuck a whiwomyn for reprayshuns” and the like, when I can study an extra field aside from the classes at Uni.
>inb4 /pol/ack
I bought X-O Manowar because I expected sci-if Conan. Instead I get “Romans are medieval Nazis”, and the blonde guy getting cucked by his nigger friend who fucks and impregnates his ginger gf. I’m done with this whole waste of a hobby. The tens of thousands of dollars I wasted on this shit could have gone to better things. The thousands of dollars I still waste every year can also be repurposed. I used to collect Hot Toys you know, back when you could buy a fig for 150$ then resell it for 500$. Stupid me dropped that to invest in comics... Either way, it doesn’t matter. As soon as the stuff already in my pull reach their end, like Deathstroke, EoW and Green Lantern, I’m not looking back. I only come here on Wednesdays or when solicits are close, to see whether Hickman is gonna finish his shit.

>hating on capes
>following Hickman of all writers
You need some Beasts of Burden in your life dude

I like Sci-Fi and “epic grand plots”. I like his writing and style, sue me. I can get my fill of serious drama from Mad Men and Sopranos. But sometimes you just need to watch Boardwalk Empire. Or, to keep the theme going, Nikolai Dante. I like what I like; I see no reason to change it.

Man this art is good. Delgato’s colors are splendid.

based, AND redpilled.

thx for the upload

Probably afraid of getting canceled like that Batman book.

>the Big Dick Bats
>the Dickless Stark
That ain’t better user...

Man, now I need to find that Annual where Tony and Dr. Doom got pulled into the far future by Merlin.

It does fit with the high-ups agenda, though, for some reason.

That's not an annual, it's #249-250 from 1989.

I have been enjoying Slott's Iron Man, this issue I think was pretty good.