Do other countries also have equivalents to capeshit that oversaturated the market?

Do other countries also have equivalents to capeshit that oversaturated the market?

>Generic slapstick from the 70s, just remained relevant because the hack who invented the characters worked on commercials
>Not slapstick anymore because "Current year"
>Just started to get decent when other people began to draw and write the histories for him (Without giving credits)
>Sold out his soul for the devil since the begining to every fucking product to have the face of his characters, worse than Hanna-Barbera and Disney combined
>In print until this day, have more canon characters than Simpsons
>It's just meta humor and meme jokes. Not fucking kidding, 80% of the jokes are just "LOL, WE ARE COMIC" and reference to current tv and internet jokes
>The auto fellatio factor is high, and i mean, in the Chris-Chan level, the persona of the creator appear in almost every issue so the characters can praise him for no reason and almost call him father sometimes
>Killed all the other creators that he so call "Friends" from the industry
>No one will ever call him out of his pedestal. He is basically the father of comics, media keep telling shit like the "struggle" that he never had and the deserving honors that not even a war hero would have
>"The most selled comic in history"
>"Most famous comic in the world"

Attached: 300px-Turma_da_Mônica.jpg (300x281, 53K)

I don't really understand your point, OP.

I learned reading with Monica comics, that's why I suck at life.

I think OP is saying its overrated.

>takes place in brazil
>everyone is white

???

Most of /pol/ are Brazilian, no lie.

In the UK, we're only (just about) capable of producing preschool cartoons. That market very specifically is oversaturated here for some bizarre reason.

You forgot
>>stopped showing the little boys’ wee-wees

My turma has all their parts, including between their legs.

It seems like every part of Europe has some random comic or cartoon they regard as being way more globally important than they actually are.
Moomin, Ducks, Smurfs, Asterix, this shit. They're always going "This is actually the most important comic of all time! Best selling ever (if you only count our tiny corner of the world)."
It's odd because we have lots of cartoon characters and things here in Canada but (I guess because we're not as fixated on rivalry with the US as Europeans are) we don't really dickswing about them being important beyond us liking them.

Dude it's Mônica.
Just watch the Time Machine movie and ignore the rest.

This is very /co related .

Attached: 10363344_4295187993799_1650794252179697800_n.jpg (540x720, 51K)

I miss the old covers

Attached: monica dancing.jpg (516x567, 93K)

if anime where more honest people would say shonen is just Japanese capeshit.

Attached: 699426._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x526, 79K)

Dude i admit the meta humor are real cheap.
But i like it.

Attached: bluepeople.jpg (464x661, 89K)

I remember I was browsing through Ozamu Tezuka stuff for a project, and on some of the headers for characters they said they where part of a crossover with this crap. Everyone I found I just erased because Tezuka does not need to associated with this crap.

There was a time when you in the UK were producing excellent Doctor Who. That time has passed.

I think that is pretty widely acknowledged.
The vast majority of shonen series literally are superhero stories, just with slightly different aesthetics.
Like Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach, there's really very little outside of style that distinguishes them from a Marvel or DC comic in terms of its raw elements.

>There was a time when you in the UK were producing excellent Doctor Who
I haven't watched Doctor Who since Matt Smith. What's it like now?

>shonen
*battle shounen. Shounen by itself isn't a genre. But yeah it basically is equivalent to capeshit. However, it isn't oversaturating the market.

>I haven't watched Doctor Who since Matt Smith. What's it like now?

SJW garbage

Me too.

Smug Hiei

I loved Monica when I was a kid, but looking it now is a reflection of everything that is wrong with Brazil.

>The Blue Man League.

I don't believe you

hmm makes sense

>Ducks
>Not Globally important
Shut the fuck up you heretic
>It's odd because we have lots of cartoon characters and things here in Canada but (I guess because we're not as fixated on rivalry with the US as Europeans are) we don't really dickswing about them being important beyond us liking them.
that’s because nothing about Canada is important. Your humility is ironically the only thing you have to brag about.

You should have seen it a few years ago when they activated nationality flags for april fool's, practically nothing but Brazilians and Australians.

>"The most selled comic in history"
>"Most famous comic in the world"
Never heard those, though.

Even outside of SJW running rampant, which is a topic that's been beaten to death, the storylines are just weak and unexciting.

British Redcoats on Mars? Made boring. Giant alien monster in Thames? Boring. Giant spiders? King James? Vikings? All somehow made boring.

I don't think anyone outside Nordic lands think Moomin is global. Finland has their theme park and their museum, but every person I have met into Moomin are small groups and few fans. If anything, it would be like Rupert Bear to the British readers or Tom Poes to the Dutch readers. Huge with their region, but they don't say their work are huge with the rest of the world.

>>Brazil
>>in Europe

???????????????

fucking nice!!
I bet they didn't even try to get the rights for this one.

Are we really going to shittalk Duck comics and Asterix now?
Fuck off

The only value of this comic is that they'd occasionally show loli butt.

It's probably because of their old relationship with PBS which has aired those cartoons in the US for decades.

Attached: 11909271174.jpg (639x475, 168K)

If Cartoon Network was ok showing that ......

Yeah until newer reprints of the comics censored most nudity because SJWs complained.

CN Brazil

Their president elected is a literal Nazi apologist, which is very much based and quite redpilled tbqhwyf

those arent even cute lolis man, have some standards

Brazil is weird, nudity and racist jokes are ok but making fun of anything religious will cause a massive controversy.

In the US, you can't make fun of religion without causing butthurt. Nudity is ok under some conditions, not others, and racist jokes are totally taboo.

>those arent even cute lolis man, have some standards

Attached: m20.jpg (1671x1041, 135K)

Asterix is the most sold western comic in the world...

Carminha FruFru is a whore and you know it.

[citation needed]

Attached: m22.jpg (1671x1041, 164K)

Good, pedos ruin everything.

>no tobias fuenke

I'm on my late thirties, and let me tell you: Last time i got an edition of Turma Da Mônica on my hands, i was surprised of how much unnecessary references to current pop culture were there.
back then the stories were more creative.

Attached: download.jpg (186x271, 16K)

Also, "Pelezinho stories were surprisingly fun. I never understood why he could have an entire different gang for black kids that wouldnt hang out with the turminha. Also, everyone knows Cascão is supposed to be a mulatto., Like Ronaldo fenomeno, for example.
and yet the kid that they cast to the movie...

Attached: Deus_Cebola_CB_155_(07).jpg (508x730, 99K)