ITT: teasers that got you hyped as fuck, but then the final product disappointed you

>oh shit, a new avatar! and a brown cutie no less
>that city looks very industrial, are they going to follow up the Fire Nations rapid technological advancement with an industrial era story?
>will it focus on this city, a small scale story in a dirtier but vibrant urban setting?
>avatar trying to balance humanity vs spirits in an industrial age of pollution?
>perhaps she'll struggle with a world that thinks it doesn't need avatar anymore because of the power of coal and steam?

Attached: 556413[1].jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY
youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w
youtu.be/zr_Ta6NS3-g
youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w
youtu.be/tmeOjFno6Do
youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0VgPy6Uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

>Hans Zimmer score hot off the heels of TDK trilogy
>You are my son!
>Lois doing an actual press investigation
>little boy with the superhero pose
>beautiful cinematography and colors
>Michael Shannon playing Michael Shannon
>the sheer power Superman seems to have, no typical bs Superman nerf or jobbing Supes
>obvious moral conflict between praising Superman or fearing him, which will without a doubt be fleshed out in a meaningful way
>DCEU's Iron Man

The hype was unreal for Man of Steel. Balebats was done and DC was ready to modernize on the big screen like Marvel Studios. This movie was supposed to be amazing, and you know what? It really could've been.

Attached: 1531249978934.jpg (820x820, 43K)

Good concept, bad execution. Plus that 30 seconds lesbian ending ruined it and they were not nearly as entertaining as the old Gaang.

If you wanted to have "bitching about Korra thread #586948" you could have just said so

youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w
The first three episodes absolutely deliver but then it drops off pretty sharply

The moment "Korra looking happily out of a window" turned out to be about Mako and NOT Pro bending is when the series nose dived in quality.

This.
>Plus that 30 seconds lesbian ending ruined it and they were not nearly as entertaining as the old Gaang.
It was so inconsequential and squeezed in at the last second for virtue points it really didn't leave any impression on me, good or bad.

Sorry to split hairs, user, but I don't think it's correct to say the ending ruined Korra. LoK had already done a prefectly fine job of ruining itself well before that point. From episode 9 of season 1 even.

When the series was winding down, Bryke had a choice: either keep their artistic integrity and let the series end on the wet fart of nothing that it deserved, or abandon integrity and end on a manufactured controversy that would secure their names in the annals of progressive entertainment for no good reason. They chose the latter.

And honestly... I can't say I blame them. Fame is a hell of a drug.

I only watched the first season and that was enough for me.

I don't why no one told Genndy that trying to force in a love interest subplot during the last six episodes of the last season wasn't a good idea.

>Sorry to split hairs, user, but I don't think it's correct to say the ending ruined Korra. LoK had already done a prefectly fine job of ruining itself well before that point.
You're right. I'm ashamed to admit though that I very much enjoyed the Tarrlok episodes. To have a villain that fights through bureaucracy against the violent and direct Avatar felt like watching Lex Luthor go against Supes.

Reminded me of the Azula episodes and wish it had kept the same themes. I stopped enjoying it the moment Amon's true past was revealed and Korra magically got airbending.

Attached: Tarrlok-noatak-and-tarrlok-31239496-764-413.png (764x413, 211K)

There's a reason Man of Steel had an incredible opening weekend. Well, besides the fact that they suppressed reviews for it right up until it opened. It had amazing trailers promising the Superman movie that would make up for Superman Returns. Instead it doubled down on everything bad in Superman Returns and word of mouth justifiably killed it's second weekend.

Attached: ManofDestruction.jpg (812x1200, 369K)

Attached: Legend_of_Korra_FACE_REVEALED_by_alternatecoppa.jpg (900x677, 100K)

I still liked MoS although there were definitely flaws. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't a shitshow like most anons like pretend it was.

Attached: 1368762541396.jpg (345x191, 15K)

MoS is every bit as bad as Superman Returns, in almost exactly the same way.
It's as if the studio learned nothing at all from it.

I remember that people apparently started shipping Tenzin and Korra the instant he was named as Aang's son. Funnily enough those people retreated underground with the morlocks once the show itself started. I guess Old Man x Brown Hottie wasn't super popular yet.

Attached: tumblr_nratod8iKa1rl3tlpo2_1280.jpg (983x1002, 302K)

Find out about Goon. Start reading comics
youtu.be/zr_Ta6NS3-g
See this get hype tells friends
Wait
Wait
Wait
At least now I can look forward to new Goon comics coming out again

Attached: good_movie_teaser_poster_01.jpg (520x809, 71K)

>oh boy I can’t wait! There’s no WAY they’ll let me down with a disappointing and rushed finale!

youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w

Age of Ultron, that trailer was kino and coming off of winter soldier I was nothing but hyped than the movie was a competent dumpster fire, honestly being released so close to BvS really saved its “reputation”

This trailer looked so promising. I remember giving the Ultron lips a pass because of it. At least this is what gave us the Russos instead of Whedon

youtu.be/tmeOjFno6Do

Nobody will admit it but I remember the internet going insane over suicide squads trailer. The one with bohemian rhapsody

youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0VgPy6Uk

>Avatar in a more modern homogenized setting
>Doing exactly what Ozai was planning on doing
>thinking this could in any way be OK

I lost hype so fucking fast

>make the entire first show about appreciating the differences between cultures and the beauty of a world where they can flourish separately
>turn into multicultural slop in the next show

Id forgotten how awesome the first trailer was. I was so hyped. Jesus time flies

Superman Returns is shit because it tries to be a movie it's not and fails at that. If you're going to be bad at least do your own thing.

Hate to break it to ya /pol/ but they were racemixing from the start.

Attached: tumblr_m3vzodoXLe1rpawnno1_1280.png (680x363, 182K)

>Doing exactly what Ozai was planning on doing
Ozai wanted supremacy not a place where things were in anyway equal.

>make the entire first show about appreciating the differences between cultures and the beauty of a world where they can flourish separately
You dumb motherfucker the show was literally about a group made up of members of every nation working together. "Flourishing separately" my ass. They were falling apart separately.

You said it, from the very first episode I was like “well that wasn’t bad, but I was expecting more”. A few episodes later the disappointment really started to kick in. Even when the Amon storyline started getting interesting, the last episode of season 1 was such a shitshow I never bothered with later seasons.
Came in here to say this. Barring classics like Alien and Psycho, Man of Steel had some of the best trailers I’d ever seen. Like you said, Zimmer’s triumphant score, all those cool looking trailer shots, this actually seemed like a heroic Superman and a true rival to the Marvel universe. The film’s never-ending extended action scenes gave me a headache, and the movie as a whole was miserable and shallow. When BvS rolled around I didn’t give it the benefit of doubt.

Exceptions not the rule, and Aang's people were dead.

Sozin claimed that they were bringing the light of civilization to the other nations, that was their excuse.

Working together for the right to be alone. That's why the Avatar was so special, he was the only being that could be a member of all four nations. The world of Avatar was beautiful because, like Asia it was allowed to develop separately (until the imperialists came). They went full merrican logic for Korra and assumed that a mish mash of everyone would be "progress"

>It's another Korra hate thread!
It has been almost five years, get over it, you lazy cunt.

I remembering trying to shut down all of the shippers and naysayers (read as: prophets) by saying exactly that