So wait: Even if they had kept the Gauntlet off him, what then...

So wait: Even if they had kept the Gauntlet off him, what then? Thanos was still physically superior to them and they wouldn't have been able to restrain him forever.

Attached: InfinityGauntletScene.png (1000x750, 816K)

Well, I'd rather fight a big purple dude that COULDN'T manipulate reality.

base Thanos is Hulk tier. they're still fucked.

I think that's the point. Strange knew only one way it would end, so even if they did succeed in taking it off, it still would have ended with him snapping reality. No one there would have been strong enough to use the gauntlet against him, so he'd just beat them down and take it back.

(you)
Not matter how strong, you still only have 2 arms, fighting a mob.

I mean presumably Strange's magic would've worked better when Thanos wasn't able to use the reality stone to actively counteract it. Think the ultimate point of Strange letting Thanos win is simply because the Avengers managing to get the Infinity Gauntlet still netted them the worst overall outcomes in the long term. Win the battle, lose the war and all that.

I hate how the movie made Thanos too "normal" so that a fight can be feasible. It makes the gaunlet look like a toy instead of an all powerful weapon.

I disagree with that assessment.

and what? is he suppose to for ex. punch his way out of the mirror dimension? Strange was able to go toe-to-toe with him using the Infinity Stones, he should be able to do something about base Thanos.

But it's basically canon that the Titan fight was fucked no matter what they did which is hard to believe but that's what we got so whatever.

Not him but he has a point. Without a proper vessel, the raw energy of an Infinity Stone destroys most users. Furthermore, The Gauntlet itself barely contains them all. Thanos himself showed visible discomfort with each inserted stone, and he could never use more than two at a time. Using all 6 to maximize his wish almost destroyed the gauntlet.

So with that all in mind, "winning" at that time might have done far more damage in the long run

Dumb comment from a dumb poster.

Bullshit. He would’ve gotten fucking destroyed without the gauntlet.

The Russo's said he would of won without it though. That's literal cannon

You are so smart, user.

Thats dumb. Strange alone put up a huge fight when he did have the gauntlet, without it he has no ability to hurt a flying target. He couldn't break the crimson bands without using the power gem

>get the gauntlet
>sling ring portal that shit far away
>or hide it in a star like the Time Stone

I think they meant if he was normally equipped. IIRC his helmet and armour give him some level of powers, that he purposefully took off just to use the Gauntlet.

I don't know, an industrial mining drill into his skull?

Considering how powerful Strange proved to be facing off against Thanos with the gauntlet plus his having the time stone basically giving him all the retries in the world, he could have taken Thanos without the gauntlet

hence why they were struggling to take it off him. Strange should have used a portal to slice his hand off.

>sling ring portal that shit far away

Or just sling ring Thanos's left arm off, since that's what the gauntlet is fitted for. Can't do the snap if he has no left hand to wear the gauntlet on.

>get the glove off
>dr strange transports it away
>dr strange immobilizes him
Stark might also have a chance to KO him but strange is already broken with his magic.

Attached: 1431508287296.png (546x432, 283K)

Strange was being aided by Bolthak and Ikkon, who may have been in on his plan.

Strange stalled Thanos so Wanda could destroy the mind stone thus forcing Thanoa to use the time stone, which is probably the thing that bites Thanos in the ass.

That and what Thanos does after the snap (he pretty shoots himself in the foot by destroying them).

Some stupid bullshit and Russo wank is always the answer.

why don't they just have the flash run and take it from Thanos?

This. If they got the gauntlet off of him and one day he got it back, he would make sure all the avengers are on the snapped side.

Remember that thanos is a hypocrit. He killed all the dwarves in votenheim instead of half. He left his home planet destroyed and his race extinct when ressurecting them would have been the ultimate come upance.

can someone explain to me how dr strange couldnt just open a portal around thanos' head and then close it and chop it off like they did with that one guy's arm

Thanos would just use the time stone to reattach his hand.

Thanos knows how to pull out?

Argue with the creators about their creations user.

Catwomen can beat any flash yeah

Alright what are the spoilers?

Fpbp.
Without the Deus Ex Plot Mcguffin, the people fighting him would've atleast stood a chance at making a new plan to defeat him.

narancia dies

Yeah cause this is totally real life

Just portal his head off!
You fucked up Strange!

Attached: Ned slap.gif (480x360, 1.38M)

Because they didnt open it around that guys arm. It was already opened and got cut off trying to go through it.

Strange was there.

I imagine they could equip the gauntlet and turn its infinity x 4 power against him.