I'm jealous of marvel

I'm jealous of marvel

Attached: 75.png (496x279, 216K)

I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. Yeah it's tonally all over the place, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was bracing myself for.

How bad is BvS? Actually like legit Catwoman/Elektra-tier?

Same. I hope Marvel fans are happy though, I always thought Infinity Gauntlet was a phenomenal event story.
Being a DC fan and knowing there's theoretically a way we could get a perfect megabudget "Darkseid gets the ALE" event storyline in the movies, but that we'll almost certainly never get it? It hurts man.

I'm not. Movies have taken an upturn, streaming shows are enjoyable and there's a wealth of animation to still enjoy. I tuned out of the mcu awhile ago. It's pretty overrated with a few good films imo. Not worth all the normie hype surrounding it. Even that'll eventually come to pass like everything else. I'm content with DC building with solos for good while. Too many characters have gone untapped. The teamups can rest.

Justice league was ten times worse than bvs

No is not, JL had great scenes like Superman interview, Flash and Batman hero lessons and Aquaman getting emotional.

BvS was consistently bad through the entire ride.

>streaming shows are enjoyable
>tfw I actually enjoyed Titans despite how flawed it was, fucking love Doom Patrol and am super hyped for Swamp Thing since he's my favorite comic character and i'm actually hopeful that it might be decent
Feels pretty good.

Attached: 1530778484594.png (398x640, 608K)

At least you guys have the better female hero.

Snyder was a disaster but as a Marvel fan I aknowldge that DC movies are finally getting good lately, even Shazam was better than Captain Marvel.

I'm not. WW, Aquaman, and Shazam were all good and aside from BoP, it's looking like they're turning away from the old DCEU tone and style.

Captain Marvel was one of the worst MCU movies ever so that's hardly a feat.

Man, you don't know how high my hopes are for Swamp Thing. I've been wanting them to nail that character for so long and with the freedom they have with the streaming shows I really think they can. I was pleasantly surprised with DP and how much they did right by it. Goddamnit, they need to release a trailer already though. It's supposed to air in a month.

>great scenes like Superman interview

Attached: justice-league-henry-cavills-mouth-superman.jpg (618x412, 40K)

I'm trying not to get my hopes TOO high just because I know it's going to hurt me if it turns out bad. Still, I can't help it,

>no Superman in the foreseeable future
>crossovers dying out
>no Darkseid
Until their main character and villain is represented properly, DC has no chance of doing something big in the movies.

Why do assume that's something he cares about or wants? Some people would rather see new solos instead of the 7th super film. And really, the whole shebang doesn't need to run thru him.

Yeah, it's difficult. Esp without having seen a wink of it yet. But I remain hopeful.

>How bad is BvS? Actually like legit Catwoman/Elektra-tier?
it was a mess but at least was an interesting mess

>interesting mess

No, Suicide Squad was an interesting mess, JL was a mess with few good moments, BvS was just a mess.

>Some people would rather see new solos instead of the 7th super film.
There have been 7 of them and none of them have represented him properly (except maybe '78). No wonder nobody wants to see him.
>And really, the whole shebang doesn't need to run thru him.
If you're going to do any Crisis adaptation, he absolutely does (I think it's literally spelled out too, I can't remember where). The entire universe obviously doesn't revolve around him, but you can't have a proper DCU without him.

>and none of them have represented him properly
Lmao, no Superhero movie ever properly represented the comic characters. Do you think Captain America from MCU is like the comics version? Or Homecoming is like Spider-Man comics?

>BvS was just a mess.

The action was quite good.

I haven´t seen the Ultimate Cut. I recently downloaded it, so one of these days I'm gonna watch it. According to many people it actually fixed a lot of problems BvS had.

Not saying he shouldn't be represented ever again but I also don't think you need to rush shit if that is your only goal to get to a crisis point. Make some good films with your wealth of characters first. Give them some spotlight. Big event films aren't the only play and really I'm a bit mild on them anyway.

>Lmao, no Superhero movie ever properly represented the comic characters.
Sure, but some have come closer to others and the good ones at least embody the spirit of the characters. Everything post SM '78 is just nothing near Superman. You're also conflating contexts here. Superman is unique in that a large part of what makes him unappealing is because of the way he and his stories have been changed.
Take Thor for instance. He doesn't resemble comic Thor at all, but the changes made to him resonated with people positively. Superman on the other hand has been changed tons of ways over decades of movies and none have resonated with people positively. Maybe it's time to just embrace the comic book Superman for once?
That's what I mean by doing something big. They can continue making good solo movies, but you'll have to wait years and years for something huge. But I suppose if that's not what you want, it doesn't matter and my initial reply to you was misdirected. My bad.

I'm not. I just want good and as close as possible adaptations of the most interesting arcs of every character. And I want them to use the lesser known heroes. I'm a Superfag, but I'm glad every future plan with him died, because if it was for WB they would only make bad grimdark Superman and Batman movies.

It's good to see that WB already realized that they can't and they shouldn't do a connected universe. A few references to other movies here and there are good, like Shazam did, but they shouldn't build the standalone movies around a major arc. It restricts the directors and the writers, and without someone like Feige watching over everything it will surely fail.

>Take Thor for instance. He doesn't resemble comic Thor at all, but the changes made to him resonated with people positively. Superman on the other hand has been changed tons of ways over decades of movies and none have resonated with people positively

To be fair, that's because 1) Nobody knew who the fuck was Thor and they didn´t give a shit, so Marvel could make a fresh start with him. And 2) People always expect too much from Superman, Batman and the other DC heroes. The minor change to them makes people rage. That applies to other formats, like TT. The butthurt that came after was announced TTG and to until this day is still astounding.

If WB changed Superman's personality again, even if it resembles the comic, people would probably get mad about it once more.

But you just showed how they can: they need to get a Feige-esque person in charge.

This was meant for

> How bad is BvS? Actually like legit Catwoman/Elektra-tier?
Elektra is a lot better then Catwoman.
Regardless they are a millions times worse then Bvs.
Affleck & the warehouse fight alone puts it way ahead of then and there is plenty more to like about Bvs.

STAS showed the success of Superman + his comic book personality already

>no Superman in the foreseeable future
The only real negative.
>crossovers dying out
Bullshit. It wouldn't be a cinematic universe without crossovers. They're just slowly building up to crossovers instead of just throwing everything together in a rush.
>no Darkseid
A good thing until they show that they can do him right.

I'm angry and frustrated. Why? Because The Justice League has every reason to outclass The Avengers, and yet we got this. If they ever try this again, hopefully they'll use Starro

Attached: The Justice League.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

I'd like them to go with Starro AND the White Martians to introduce J'onn.

SEETHING
E
E
T
H
I
N
G