Just read Batman #69

Batman breaks out of the nightmare by acknowledging his greatest fear: that he doesn't actually love Catwoman.

Just prepping you for the storytime. You can thank me later.

Attached: BM_Cv69.jpg (677x1028, 236K)

Honestly, Bendis acquiring this title doesn't scare me anymore. How much lower could it possibly sink?

BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT

Really? Really? THAT is his greatest fear? Are you freaking kidding me?!!

Pic for proof before everyone starts asking.

Attached: told ya.jpg (1588x2823, 2M)

his whole run is batcat shit, why are you surprised

nice

(OP)
BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT BATCAT

Deep.

This shit's bananas

Attached: 1555362553374.jpg (747x747, 61K)

Oh good kill the last viable pairing for Bruce. Back to being married to vigilantism and dying in a gutter or ending up a bitter old broken man.

I'm actually fine with that.

Attached: dog-eyebrows.png (533x533, 379K)

>Back to being married to vigilantism
that's his whole character anyway, why be mad at that

>Killed BatCat
>Killed HarleyIvy

Man, King giveth, King taketh away...

What the hell is King even fucking doing?

why go through the whole proposal and wedding if this was the end result?

Why did King waste so much time and energy on this shit?

What does King have on the heads of DC that he can get away with this bullshit?

Attached: C5D6AA1E-3F9B-4AAE-9F12-DB6A56B0C79B.png (580x375, 295K)

Because its not; thats some post Miller bullshit people run with.

And let me guess in its place he'll realize he's just a sad, broken little child who needs her to love him because he's just a baby who needs mommy and he's not a real man if he can't love a real woman, who by the by pretends to be a giant CAT (meow), so he's just a BATboy, did I mention he's infantile, that he's ridiculous, that he's a big dummy head?

Attached: 1546107690134.jpg (3975x3056, 3.93M)

Okay what is this retarded nonsense stuck in people's head that Bruce is incapable of being happy? I know he's basically married to his work but Jesus. I'm not even all that wild about the pairing itself. I guess I'm more annoyed about this taking 100 issues to tell

Attached: 1486770612392.jpg (797x866, 172K)

Why exactly can't Bruce have a wife? He married Catwoman in Earth 2 and still stayed Batman.

His entire character is that he lost his family so he is creating his own, thats why he adopted 3 fucking kids and accepted his bastard son.

Let him marry Catwoman for fucks sake.

>What does King have on the heads of DC that he can get away with this bullshit?
What on Earth makes you think editorial is against this? They’re just pandering to Batfags who demand a never ending series of escalating darkness and edge. Also Big Two editorial don’t like marriages. This is true at both companies.

As for why they’re letting King do this, his sales are still fine so far. He had a hit series starring a C-Lister with Mister Miracle (I don’t give a shit if you liked it or not, it sold and that’s all that matters in the eyes of a suit). So they’re letting him do what he wants.

This is really true.

Comics are at their best when it is one big graphic novel or elseworld stories. Tales where things actually have stakes and consequences and don't always revert back to the status quo.

>Killed HarleyIvy
Ivy is alive again, user

>>Killed HarleyIvy
That's at least going to be more easily fixable.

Because Batman is the ultimate self insert for unwilling bachelors. He gets to fuck whomever he wants, and still act like a broken manchild with a six pack crying for mommy. Catwoman is probably one of the few women that would put up with Bruce's bullshit and yet they have to drag this nonsense out. I feel like we've sat through a bad soap opera for 2 years

lol gay

Because DC hates marriage (and children) more than Adolf Hitler hated Jews. They want every hero to be like Spider-Man.

I blame myself for expecting anything meaningfull and with character development from DC main earth. They fucked up Superman Lois Jon, they fucked up Nightwing, they fucked up Dark Trinity, They fucked up BATCAT wedding and any serious Bat/family relationship.

Now i wait for Catwoman to fuck black OC on her solo series and i am done with DC.

Worst, King is still lying and hyping things on twitter. Good job you fucks.

>How much lower could it possibly sink?
Remember when we thought just that as Snyder's writing began to dwindle in impression?

Don't you people learn? Stop pressing the down button, there is no ground level to hit, this elevator goes through hell into the abyss and into some darker, bleaker super hell exclusively for people who did not abandon all hope before, to make an example of them.

This is terrible.

I'm not really pissed about this whole fiasco, but I understand why people given how they marketed the wedding along the lines that it was actually going to go off. And I could actually see the marriage working because it plays into his married to his work thing. He and Selina havbe been doing there thing since the beginning of their careers and Batman has been doing this long enough he has his biological thirteen year old son as his sidekick. I can easily see them as two old opposite sex friends with benefits in their late thirties realizing "dear god we've wasted our lives" and deciding to get married to avoid dying alone. Wayne Manor's a big place so Selina and Bruce could even have separate rooms if they don't want to sleep with each other and Selina could easily go on a private vacvation if she wanted too, so if a writer doesn't want her constantly around Bruce she can written around. The only thing that's lost by Bruce being married is no random women hanging on his shoulders at social events because he's married and doesn't need to keep up appearances as a playboy. And seriously when was the last time you were invested in one of those random women he'd date as Bruce Wayne?

But yeah romance has been dead in Batman books for a long time with how people have taken "married to his work" to its full extent. Just seeing some more nails in the coffin.

>Back to being married to vigilantism and dying in a gutter or ending up a bitter old broken man.
Good

Meanwhile Spider-Man is dating Mary Jane.

More reason Spidey>>>>>Batman

I've enjoyed some of king, but not really his take on this relationship even a little bit.

The angle I always liked was that Selina was something resembling a normal, healthy relationship for him to be in (if they weren't both crazy thrill seekers and/or vengeance takers) as a 'normal,' person, not this "oh we're both crazy we get each other we speak in prose bat cat bat cat"

In particular, it does't really seem like Catwoman. She was always more grounded and "normal" than Bruce.

But whatever, it's just one writer and I've never really been that invested in Batman comics as a whole, so what do I care?

Batman punched a god in the face to get his son back. Peter made a deal with the devil like a coward
Batman>>>>>>Spider-Fag

Nightwing will go back to normal eventually. I'm hoping Artemis ends up being rescued by the wonder woman office and whatever fucked up hair style she'll have in the annual doesn't last more than a few months.

Praying to god Jon get's de-aged by the next writer.

Batman is destined to end up like alone. Just give up on Batman and romance and enjoy him punching out the same old villains.

WonderBat endgame

So is this some sort of meta commentary about how actually, people don’t want this, they just like the idea of it? It would have been interesting and even subversive if this was addressed in the lead up to the wedding and then it actually happened. But this just reeks of retroactive justification for dragging out this bull shit. Funny enough, I just realized I haven’t bought a DC comic since around the reveal Batman’s wedding didn’t actually happen. This really did kill my enthusiasm for comics, embarrassing as that may seem to admit.

Do people actually enjoy this? This angst shit is as bad as Zack Snyder’s.

No, Steve Trevor has unfortunately managed to reestablish himself as her boytoy between the movie and the rebirth comics.

And then Batman admitted he cared more about the loss of his wedding then the death of any of his Robins.

Face it, Batman is a punk ass bitch.

Everything will """eventually"" be fine. Problem is everytime they something good going, they knowingly fuck it up for some reason. Some writer """eventually"""" pick Batman up up and marry him to Catwoman, but they choose to waste our time with 100+ issues of literal garbage (excluding crossovers and annuals).

And watch as Batman 69 as the best selling comic of the week/month. Fuck DC editorials fuck anyone who pays for this garbage.

Bad health, I'll be back in few days. (Err... I'm not dying)

bump

Fuck off

So joker was right in DOTF and the only one to truly understand him. Batman is married to being batman.

Attached: 1444469124622.jpg (669x820, 165K)

It's almost like different things happen on alternate earths.

>spends more time with her than any other female
>literally popped a boner for her and fucked her on a roof
>"You don't actually love me"
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG

So he's just going back to empty, loveless sex with Clark, Joker and whatever scruffy orphan he takes on next?

Attached: Affleckbruce.png (2880x1200, 844K)

This is fucked up. What the fuck have I been doing? King should have just made Batman and Bane fuck each other if he's so obsessed with them.

LET BATMAN BE HAPPY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1452044229612.jpg (337x500, 130K)

It was the same pre Miller was well. Batman was never Spider-man. It was only when shitty Marlel writers like Conway and Moench tried making it into a Marlel soap(since they can't write anything else).

>this level of autism.
I hate Yea Forums

Remember when DC use to be fun?

This

I can feel the Tomasifag radiating off this post.

Attached: CE9DB71F-6BD2-4FFB-8F97-A7DA27FDFAE3.jpg (244x340, 14K)

tom king should look for a job writing tv shows for young girls and leave superheroes alone

>It was the same pre Miller was well
Silver St. Cloud says hi.

You know how hypercrisisfags like to bullshit about their setting being proof that hope and justice will prevail?

Well, this is proof that Barbatos/Darkseid/Mandrakk/The Gentry all won and tricked everyone else into thinking they lost.

Catwoman always sucked as a love interest. She only serve to bring Batman down. You don't know how happy i am over this as a Batfag.

>He married Catwoman in Earth 2 and still stayed Batman.
He gave up being Batman became a policeman instead. Then Selina was killed by a old henchman of hers that black-mailed her into doing one last job for him. Earth-2 was a fucking tragedy for Batman and Catwoman. They misery serving as fuel for their daughter, Huntress, back-story.

no this is just proof DC has shitty writers

The one good thing SM/WW gave us was putting a very hard to pry nail in the Trinity Shipping coffin.
King also covered WonderBat for a few issues and it was not met well, so good luck with that happening again.

Funny enough Bruce and Jessica were met with less resistance from Priest's JL thing, but there was too much happening in and out for it to go anywhere, and her fans didn't like his shaky take of her.

The best pairing prevailing once again.

>The one good thing SM/WW gave us was putting a very hard to pry nail in the Trinity Shipping coffin.
SMWW always sucked. Since the fucking 60s. There has always been something creepy about the pairing because it's something based on super-powers, not chemistry. It feels like an eugenic program.

We can't have marriages, families or even stable relation ships. got to have romantic relationshgip drama. Even if we've already killed any of that drama by forecasting that we're never going to allow for marriage or family in order to preserve that drama.

Seriously if they won't allow relationships to go anywhere, why should we care, and why should they even bother trying to write them?

Here's the OTP for Batman.

Attached: jla-v07--2015---digital-hd-emp.jpg (3974x3056, 1.69M)

Trinity shipping is cancerous and endorsed only by the deviant and the depraved.

Batman and Wonder Woman ins't trinity shipping. It's the only shipping that matters.

who gives a single fuck about boring trinity marriages I want a new LoSH series

>Since the fucking 60s
Even in the 60s WonderBat was based af.

Attached: The Brave and the Bold 158 (1980) (c2c) (Flattermann mazen).cbr-Brave and the Bold 158 DC 1980-Jan 3 (1490x2236, 403K)

Keep telling yourself that, you'll still be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

>Trinity shipping is cancerous and endorsed only by the deviant and the depraved.
Why people try so hard to pin WonderBat to the same level of awfulness that is SMWW, when the WonderBat pairing has always been well written and at the very least cute ?

Because it's all fucking disgusting.

Statement was more about relationships and marriages in comics in general, not just Bat's.

who cares
Just publish more fun cosmic stories so I'll stop complaining

No, it isn't. Not WonderBat. It's the only ship where both Batman and Wonder Woman get to act like actual humans. They both help elevate each other.

Attached: JLA v07 (2015) (digital-hd-Empire).cbr-JLA (1997-2006) v7-316.jpg (1988x3056, 1.7M)

I think OP's take (and Bruce's own read) is purposely misleading; as Selina's own recline from the Wedding was based on the false belief that Bruce needs unhappiness to fuel his life as Batman. Bane's ultimately enforced in Bruce the self-belief that he never deserves happiness, which is ultimately a dangerous mindset for Bruce to undertake.

I don't know. Thinking back on the run we never actually see Bruce saying he loves Catwoman. It's always either that he needs her or needs to love her. It was like he was using her as a life-line.

I was actually wrong. He do say he loves her, but then he says he HAVE TO love her. So my memory was a bit iffy.

Attached: catwoman-says-yes-to-batman-2.jpg (895x1395, 349K)

>which is ultimately a dangerous mindset for Bruce to undertake.
Yeah, not at all like "fighting crime" by the most inefficient means available, getting shot at by mobsters, and sparing the lives of superhuman sociopathic mass-murderers. Which has failed in every alternate Universe he's ever witnessed, excluding the ones where he becomes a villain himself.
It's being angsty that's his real downfall.

This. All it ever does is water down Diana's character. Fuck trinity shipping, because it just makes one of them an awkward third wheel.

Even in Tom King's run Bruce had more chemistry with Diana than he ever did with Selina, but then i blame Joelle Jones for it. She's a damn fine artist. To bad King's always relying on Mike Janin's poser art.

Attached: BM_40_5.jpg (1041x1600, 366K)

The bottom line is that Batman's fixation on Selina being his one chance at happiness has been consistently depicted as being unhealthy for awhile now, and single-minded obsession towards something as one's source of happiness being unhealthy has been a consistent running motif with King's work.

Oh look, the trinity shippers come to fag up another thread with their autism

>All it ever does is water down Diana's character.
When has WonderBat ever brought Wonder Woman's character down? Tell me. Whenever she's paired with Batman she's shown as confident, compassionate, strong, witty, and smart. If anything is Batman who takes a back-seat so Wonder Woman can shine.

Hell, even Zack Snyder managed to show Wonder Woman as the best thing in BvS and JL despite pairing her with Batman.

>They both help elevate each other.
It's actively reductionist to both of them. It's funny that you're taking all these from the comic whose ultimate resolution is Diana realizing she's far more content in being friends with Batman than lovers.

What in the ever living fuck are you talking about? There was no fucking pairing in Justice League. And you can fuck right off with your buzzwords, because the chemistry isn't there

She was lying to herself because she was scared of the potential. This because Joe Kelly was blocked from developing the relationship any further. Eventually Greg Rucka picked on this plot-thread and showed that she has been bottling her feelings for Bruce.

>She was lying to herself because she was scared of the potential
Holy autismo headcanon Batman.

Just stop talking to him. He's delusional. This is the kind of permavirgin mentality who can't dissociate work friends with romantic chemistry

>There was no fucking pairing in Justice League.
Yes, there was. A very minimal one, but there was. Even Wonder Woman DVD feature had a special about Wonder Woman and Batman's relationship as a build up to JL.

Attached: DLP1BtYVAAER3jo-1.jpg (1200x1152, 783K)

>Holy autismo headcanon Batman.
Read Kelly's JLA #90. Then Rucka's Blackest Night tie-in.

This is what shipping does to people. Mental gymnastics at it's finest. It's cancer to fandoms everywhere, no exceptions

Kys

Don't blame me, blame Rucka.

Attached: BLBBA9~1.jpg (2000x1537, 1.03M)

Here's the follow-up to make it crystal clear.

Attached: Blackest Night - Wonder Woman 003 (2010) (Digital) (Monafekk-Empire) 024.jpg (1280x1966, 2.13M)

>Writer pushes his stupid ship
Shocking.

Rucka had to do it because he needed a partner as the impetus for Diana to become a Star Sapphire and had to settle with Bruce because Diana had no recognizable love interests at the time. She's referring to her feelings in past tense because Batman was fucking dead at the time, and surprise surprise, it went absolutely nowhere after he came back, and even when given de-facto creative direction of the character in Wonder Woman Rebirth, he made Steve Trevor her one true love.

>Rucka had to do it because he needed a partner as the impetus for Diana to become a Star Sapphire and had to settle with Bruce because Diana had no recognizable love interests at the time.
She was dating Tom Tresser, Nemesis, at the time.
>She's referring to her feelings in past tense because Batman was fucking dead at the time, and surprise surprise, it went absolutely nowhere after he came back
Because of DC blocking it once again and right after rebooting the comics.
>and even when given de-facto creative direction of the character in Wonder Woman Rebirth, he made Steve Trevor her one true love.
While admittedly trying to write Steve Trevor more like as if he was Batman.

Greg Rucka couldn't set up Wonder Woman with Batman after Rebirth because of Tom King's own plans, and because it'd be in poor taste right after the New 52 SMWW pairing had crashed and burned. Reminder, Rucka wrote Wonder Woman as if she had still dated New 52 Superman. It was only much later that Dan Jurgens randed that relationship non-canon.

Same difference. If you're going to wank the cosmic villains as forces beyond the 4th wall you gotta own up to your heroes jobbing to them.

I prefer Batman/Zatanna

>Honestly, Bendis acquiring this title doesn't scare me anymore. How much lower could it possibly sink?
Black Batman

Introduced by another Marlel writer.

...god this dumb motherfucker understands Batman about just as well as Zack Snyder, huh?

Clark is a married man.

>can feel the Tomasifag radiating off this post.
Stephanie Brownfag still sucks Bendis cock.