Every normal person irl is hyped out of their minds

>every normal person irl is hyped out of their minds
>$1 billion projected opening weekend
>$2.4+ billion projected box office
>breaking every pre sale record for any movie ever
Is this the cultural event of the next 50 years?

Attached: 1555374431893.jpg (757x508, 134K)

It still won't make more than Titanic and Avatar so no, not even close.

It's making more than Titantic, that's only $100m ahead of IW, the second spot is a given. It can beat avatar if it has strong legs.

Yep, and /ourgirl/ is front and center for it!

Attached: D4JuvzbXoAceksh.jpg (693x715, 131K)

I don't remember any names of Avatar characters besides Jake Soooooley

>It can beat avatar if it has strong legs.
It can't. It's impossible to have good legs with such a big opening.

>MCU

Attached: BB8A2625-D9B7-40E1-98D1-3D01E5A41138.png (2550x1650, 377K)

end game is end stage of nationalism.

this is new world order.

china,usa, europe, britian, south america.
all sucking on a big mouses cock.

still won't beat Avatar

>Is this the cultural event of the next 50 years?
I doubt so. TFA did over 2 billion too and who really cares about it now, let alone in 20 years?
It's like GoT or some shit like that. Everybody buys into the hype for the feeling of belonging to something but they move on rather quickly because there's gonna be the next big thing in a few months.
The success of the Marvel movies only makes sense in context. I don't think they stand the test of time. Most of the phase 1 movies feel terribly dated and it's only been 10 years.

Infinity War made pretty much same as TFA, just a bit under...but was talked about way more

It will be forgotten in a decade

Like Iron Man 1 and Avengers were...oh wait. And they were nowhere near as good as this.

Doesn't need to. Not like people still care about Avatar.

How did Avatar get so many sales?

How do you know how good it is if it never came out yet

>Stayed in cinemas for a ridiculously long amount of time, more-so than other movies.
>Was marketed as a "must see!" in 3D and even 3D imax, and 3D imax and regular 3D costs more than 2D which boosted it by a lot.
>Had literally no competition
The movie itself was okay but it wasn't groundbreaking and the plot was basically space pochahontas

It was the first 3D movie with good use of 3D... even my mom watched that shitty film, she only watched three or four movies in cinema in her entire life.

First big movie that actually used 3D in a meaningful way. Pretty novel for the time since 3D used to be the red blue thing that nobody gave a shit, so everyone went to see it to feel like they were "inside the movie!"
To be honest i really thing Endgame has the potential to pass it

it won't have strong legs because no one will go watch it again except the mega fanboys. With Infinity War, there was a sense of emptiness that plenty of people wanted to fill which easily pushed them to go see the movie plenty of times. In Endgame, they'll get the closure they want and therefore have no real reason to go watch it again.

>but was talked about way more
Not really. You still have people bitching about Rey is a Mary Sue and such.

>Avengers
Nobody really cares about that movie anymore though. They just care about the franchise but the movie itself has aged like milk, just like anything Whedon does. Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier are probably going to be the ones that stand the test of time the best.

We're back into the gimmick era of movies. Every single high grosser of the past 15 years or so has had some sort of external gimmick completely unrelated to the movie actual content and quality. Because home video isn't that profitable anymore, movies need to rely on that kinda shit to make the highest bank possible during their theatrical run. You don't really have "longsellers" anymore, just flavor of the month.

just like Avatar then

*cough* like Jurassic World

TICK TOCK CAMERON

ENDGAME IS COMING

>Is this the cultural event of the next 50 years?
That would be really pathetic for the white race

We even have a stupid sticky on Yea Forums asking to not spoil this shit, humankind deserves a nuke

>the global rules have to change because Yea Forums tourists are just that retarded

Just because no one cares about your shitty DC movies to find spoilers for it, it doesn't mean the good stuff has to be spoiled because you need Yea Forums to blow out your inferiority complex.

>Thor was a founding avenger in both canons and nearly beat thanos single handley
>Gets taken off big 3 status

Fuck that noise senpai

not really. big movies don't mean what they used to. there's so many entertainment options things just don't have that big of an impact anymore, even if more people see it the effect is watered down by all the other shit they'll watch that week.

I'll watch it if I find myself stuck for 3 hours near a movie theatre with nothing better to do, like it was with Captain Marvel. Even though I'm interested in the movie, I can't actually muster enough fuck to deliberately make plans to watch it.

>only mcu movie i ever saw was hulk
huuuuueeehuehue
will i fulfill my dream of being a spinster hermit who yells at frogs at last?

Attached: 1514785516349.png (255x243, 81K)

Then why isn't she one of the three approaching Thanos in the trailer?

There are probably a lot of people like me who won't be even trying to get into the opening week, and will wait for later.

Exactly. Who the fuck gives two shits about Jurrasic World, really? Yet it made a shitload of money compared to the original one, but everybody knows which one's gonna be the classic.

>spinster
You'd have to be a woman for this, and women aren't real.

Just wait until based Jim BTFOs your capeshit

>tfw not being interested or care at all, despite all the people around me hyping it up

Novelty

I never thought I'd say this, but I honestly don't give a fuck about Endgame. I've been a comic fan since 1996 as a kid, but I'm just getting burnt out with the MCU and comic films in general. I don't even care about Game of Thrones too.

It's been 11 years since we've had the MCU build up. It's been a great run, but after Endgame is over, Disney can't expect the gravy train to continue. BP 2 and probably Doctor Strange 2 will make money. GOTG 3 most likely, but I honestly don't see the MCU continuing with BP, Strange, and CM as the new trio.

Jim is praying for fatigue but Jim can put a cork in it