How good were these movies?

How good were these movies?

Attached: p9651_v_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d85_BH9huvE
youtube.com/watch?v=TylmZEtTGxw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fievel has a cute butt.

I liked them

First one: kino
Second: ass
Third: tho-yeah-that-happened tier

>Second: ass
I'm gonna give you five seconds to revise your shitty opinion, them I'm going to give you the snake-eye.

The second was great as a coming of age and western story

Also it gave us this
youtu.be/d85_BH9huvE

Honestly the second one is better than the first. It has a much more coherent story and consistent mood. First one constantly swings between hearbreaking crying and sudden happy musical numbers, it's jarring. Also the musical numbers are better and there's no weird characters like the constantly drunk mayor. And most definitely funnier.

The second one WAS ASS! Don't sit there and tell me it was anything but ass.

Attached: preview.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

1 was decent to good, the sequel ignores logic and puts a jewish rodent in the Wild West. The 3rd one is crap.

Just watch he first.

First one is great.
Second one isn't exactly bad, but doesn't make any sense with the fiirst one in mind.
Should have just made it a new IP or have the main character be a distant relative or something.

>Should have just made it a new IP or have the main character be a distant relative or something.
Once again, user has better judgement than Hollywood executives.

On a purely visual level, 1>3=4>2. Storywise, 2>1>3=4.

The first had great drawings and special effects, and that's really all I watch Don Bluth films for. The story is the usual Bluth stream of consciousness, poorly timed and unpolished dialogue set to intrusive music, but it's not as bad as his later stuff.

2 had a good backdrop and character arcs, but it was wildly inconsistent visually, with wasteful animation on bad drawings. The difference in the quality of work between the A/B/C teams was jarring. It's the same problem with We're Back A Dinosaurs Story.

The direct-to-video sequels had the efficient animation and solid drawing of Japanese-made cartoons I happen to love, but they weren't flashy and the stories were deathly boring. I believe the second movie was retconned and these moved the story back to New York, which was a mistake. The frontier was far more interesting.

>there were a 3 and 4

Attached: 1555311302273.png (590x291, 270K)

Treasure of Manhattan Island and Mystery of the Night Beast. Both direct to home videos.

Manhattan Island gave us Indian Gadget.

Attached: cholena.jpg (720x480, 35K)

so did we always follow the same Fievel on every adventure? Was it always a different generation? Did we just happen to follow the story of A Fievel?
Is it just a don't worry about it situation?

Attached: $$$.jpg (720x720, 84K)

third is best

Attached: Cholena.png (300x339, 156K)

Well, you just proven that that you don't like Gadget, just her visual design.

Nah, I'm just highlighting how similar the character designs are. Cholena in particular stuck out.

Really don't care much about any of the characters in the direct-to-video movies because the stories were just too bland. Despite the thrashing I gave for Fievel Goes West's visuals, that's the one I'd recommend.

And this youtube.com/watch?v=TylmZEtTGxw

FUCK this movie had good numbers.

Attached: 1488166238656.jpg (428x410, 66K)

>these
Until this thread I didn't know ANYONE watched Bluth sequels, even as a kid I'd see The Land Before Time VII or some shit on the store shelves and figured they were all worthless cash-grabs. An American Tail is brilliant though, very underrated. All the Bluth films are good shit up to Rock-a-Doodle.

Attached: 1552763119230.png (484x571, 479K)

>Bluth sequels

These are Amblin/Universal movies. Bluth has no involvement in any sequels, that's including all the Land Before Time stuff.

>with the first one in mind
Huh, I actually didn't watch them in order when I was little so the first one always felt out of place..

Sorry my phrasing was a bit off there, I meant 'Bluth sequels' in the "sequels to Bluth films" sense. No Bluth sequels have him involved in any way, that's part of their reputation as somewhat shoddy.

treasure of manhattan island was a better sequel than fievel goes west

fight me

And this

Attached: Miss-Kitty-west263.jpg (720x480, 159K)