Why was it so good?

Why was it so good?

Attached: Gargoyles.jpg (2000x1548, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ygrEVnrg3Ic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they live again! youtu.be/ygrEVnrg3Ic

>Goliath has destroyed my skyscraper, leveling the entire building to the ground, causing millions upon millions of dollars in damage and possibly killing thousands of people. Not only that, but he has also fucked my beautiful wife, Fox, so hard she will never be able to enjoy my human cock again?
>All according to plan.

Attached: Xanatos.jpg (353x265, 23K)

Fucking live this theme. Why don’t they use orchestral music for cartoons anymore?

That's not orchestral music.

Some of the episodes were pretty damn confusing for me.

Like there was this one episode where Goliath had to travel back into time to save some guy he never even met or remembers.

Whatever that type of music is called then. I would like to hear more of it in modern animation.

Attached: 4DFF4476-3CAD-4CC8-8874-E35254B455FE.jpg (500x434, 260K)

Started the series last month, and so far my favorite episode is the one where Xanatos breaks the Pack out of prison, where his backup plan was the true plan all along. I like how this show doesn’t treat the audience like they were dropped on their heads as children.

>it actually is
The absolute madman.

Dude's plans were so good he actually named the troupe. What else needs to be said?

>Shakespeare for dummy americans

based and xanatospilled

The writing was top notch, with few exceptions.

Art direction reminiscent of BTAS.

Characters weren't infantile.

>Shakespeare for dummy americans
While Gargoyles does feature the Weird Sisters, the Macbeth in it is the historical Macbeth, not the Shakespearean Macbeth.

Macbeth is best boy

it had so many quality VAs from TNG and a really good script

If by “dummy Americans” you mean “children age 6 to 14” then sure

It’s canon that he and Demona fucked like rabbits when they were engaged.

why is brooklyn everyones favourite?

He kinda looks like a dragon, which is awesome.

He’s the most fuckable of the males

because the characters were really hot

Weisman kept cucking him with potential love interests and the show ended with him all alone. He didn’t get any gargoyle pussy until the comics.

Would Xanatos still be a cuck if it was all according to his master plan?

Attached: visibleconfusion.jpg (615x456, 31K)

Why does Disney actively ignore that this show ever existed?

>Only two of three seasons on DVD (second half of S2 released 8 years after the first), nothing on BR
>12 issues of a comic from Slave Labor Graphics from 2006-2009

Is it really that good?

And she was probably getting it all night from Thailog. Good time to be Demona

It doesn't seem that bad until you realize Weisman ALWAYS uses this trick, in all of his shows.

He's hot as fuck

BTW what is this type of music called?

Bardcore

No, really, what is this genre called? I've always liked this kind of music but couldn't find enough tracks.

I think they made Xanatos too likable. For a villain, I never got a feeling of "Oh what an asshole" in regards to him.

That's the entire point.

That's poor writing then, you can't have a villain be just as likable as the entire main cast.

I actually liked that he was never overly malicious or bloodthirsty. He was a smug bastard but he was genuinely polite and never went out of his way to kill or physically harm anyone. I also enjoyed how he was relatively simple in his goals. He was already rich and powerful, he simply wanted to live forever.

I remember even the writers of the comics admitting he was hot

It's a bit of both. Word of God from Wiseman is Macbeth and the Bard were drinking buddies, yes he saw the play, his primary reaction was amusement.

Even then he had to suffer before he got a win
In one epic moment, he realizes he's surronded by couples while all alone, including his OWN. FUCKING. CLONE. Even Goddamn Malibu was more Chad then Brooklyn

If you were a gargoyle how would you plan out your day, considering you would only have around 10 hours been awake?

Good times.

Attached: RCO024_1464085163.jpg (1064x1600, 389K)

dressed as superman, I wish this fanchise belonged to warner brothers instead we would have had 3 reboots by now

>innocently like the series
>watch the DVD extras
Well then

Attached: SAME AS IT EVER WAS.jpg (480x360, 10K)

He's sexy.
Women love him and gay men.

When does this page occur in the timeline? Shouldn't the butler have fucked off back to the fairy world or whatever if this is set after the show?

hard work.

Jeff Bennett
there is no reason to ever release The Goliath Chronicles on DVD. it was lousy and non-canon (though it had some good parts)
so just like my normal life then

Gargoyles still to this day has the best rogue gallery. I honestly can't think of a cartoon group with better villians.

I thought there weren't any DVD extras, because Disney was that cheap. Weisman said he wanted to do some but they wouldnt go in for it.
er, he's been assigned to fulltime Owen mode by Oberon. He's only allowed to exercise his powers now when protecting or training Alexander, remember?

and such amazing spinoffs. It's amazing how on most TV shows, a backdoor pilot is a dirty word, and often the potential spinoffs they're setting up are lousy (good spinoffs usually don't need backdoor pilots), but Greg was juggling like 7 of them in his head and his notebooks, and each one sounds like it would have been amazing.

I mean puck is pretty much what I think of when the term "magical trickester" comes up.

just fairies in general, this show's treatment of interconnected mythology was a huge inspiration to me. Like anything can be real, but not necessarily what the myths told, and rarely what popculture thinks of them. Once in a while it was awkward, like the utterly massive loch ness monsters, but other times it did creative as hell shit, like oberon being weakened by hitting an iron BELL. like the very vibrations of iron can hurt him in a weakened-enough state.

Ehhh, Bad Guys sounded like a discount Suicide Squad and whatever the fuck the plan with King Arthur was didn't sound too tantalizing. Mostly because the Gargoyles version of Arthur was a total dick.

>Bad Guys sounded like a discount Suicide Squad
You say that like it's a bad thing. Suicide Squad is a concept so good that every franchise should at least give it a try. I did it. I even called it Bad Guys just as a gag.
>Gargoyles version of Arthur was a total dick.
he was a king who was AWARE he was a king, I think for his time period background he was pretty nice, and seeing him get humbled was satisfying as hell. I will agree though that I got confused and lost about the meaning of all that shit with the stone