Why is it so rare for there to be protagonists that are in a lasting relationship?

Why is it so rare for there to be protagonists that are in a lasting relationship?

Attached: 2c40ea16-6ec2-403a-ae93-6b71516a963e.gif (500x375, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9b7NxI5LklM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because writers are hacks.

the day to day realities of being in a relationship are not interesting and it's easier to write relationship drama

Like a romantic one? Can be several things. Usually it’s easier to write as friends instead of couples, they might want to avoid drama, they might want to build up shopping drama to entice the viewer, and sometimes the network won’t allow them to have a couple
That’s why it’s usually at the very end they pair up or they make hints to right out the series but never actually commit to anything (like TT)

>either have your male and female leads fuck or your a hack

They aren't though. Every time they appeared they'd tell people that they're no relation.

In that they aren’t family.

in case your not trolling
they say that to dissuade incest allegations

I dunno

Attached: who do you ship more.jpg (582x589, 82K)

At least we have these two

Attached: 59597.jpg (700x437, 21K)

>they say that to dissuade incest allegations

The "No relation" gag dates back to vaudeville.

>the day to day realities of being in a relationship are not interesting
So don't fucking focus on them, Jesus fuck.

Although Jeremy is not a protagonist, I like that we could see how his relationship with Candace progressed.

CN that is NOT fucking funny and you know it

>Hey loyal viewers, who do you ship more?
>Haha FUCK YOU!
If you ever wanted more evidence of liberals ruining cartoons.

Attached: 1549214326764.png (1200x1552, 503K)

sad reminder

Attached: 8pLxI1_cOKy9I1PuL87ctpkicjqdaQo7TgWa18mzzHU[1].jpg (634x707, 123K)

it's boring if the protags are lovey-dovey soulmates who trust each other implicitly

go watch any 80s cartoon where they do that trope and see for yourself

Then maybe these cartoons about talking hot dogs and birds should stop trying to write "realistic" relationships and put their focus on the wacky world of cartoons and make that shit fun again.

Attached: Scarlet_b.jpg (600x327, 93K)

CN apparently ships neither, so.

Attached: 7657575756.gif (418x272, 902K)

Oof!
Kind of says it all, doesn't it?

>they say that to dissuade incest allegations
youtube.com/watch?v=9b7NxI5LklM

If the show is based on a romantic relationship, is OK, but if is a comedy or adventure show it breaks the flow of all relationships, but you can tease it. Pretty much a serious relationship can sink a non romantic show, pic related.

Attached: Muderandscully.jpg (378x500, 29K)

Cant remember any 80s cartoon, can you enlight me?

Writers can't right relationship for shit. They'll rather have them break up after a fight instead of testing them. It's annoying. Reading X-Men and most comic capeshit has given me PTSD with the particular subject.

It's not that rare, but it's hard to do it outside of just having the relationship set up beforehand. Introducing relationships during the show practically never goes well.

90% of this is Hanna Barbara characters

That's blatantly wrong. Even if it were true, CN was the only place that consistently aired them.

good lord they are really off model

Fuck you, what the fuck
That's genuinely fucked up
Fucking shitty writers forcing my boy Mordy into a bunch of relationship drama only to decide that he's somehow "toxic masculinity" and don't even let him get with Margaret in the end, just some random stupid bat girl so he can have ugly children with her

Attached: 1554781642190.png (1276x713, 754K)

???
Fuck off dumbass. That's literally what the creators said and called him.

Fuck off, pepole behind the show bring the whole retoric about toxic masculinity to the table.