WTF I love mousecock now!

Attached: bestgirl.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a8S7ks59Icw
youtu.be/7LykXZsnfFw
youtube.com/watch?v=sLoDsYm8YIQ
twitter.com/OfWudan/status/1116767056592904193?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=dw2OxP8km1A
raddle.me/f/MEGAlinks/26290/e-book-audiobook-comics-star-wars-canon-eu-megathread
youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It looks like it's of lesser quality compared to the older seasons but I'll take it.

>wasting 4 episodes on pointless ahsoka filler that should be relegated to a comic but its not bacause its ahsoka

Attached: 20190413_102550.png (840x560, 663K)

>more dooku kino

based

It's more Clone Wars all right. Although I don't know what the need for this was when we've already seen everyone's journey come to an end elsewhere.

The animation looks improved similar to Rebels with a budget between it and Clone Wars, so I'd say it balances out a bit. Not sure if I like the motion capture from the tiny snippet of the Maul fight at the end though, as previous lightsaber fights were fast and somewhat jerky similar to (if less exaggerated than) Genndy's Clone Wars but it matched the show's style better than realistic movements would.

Too little too late you dumb fucking RAT.

>won't fully animate the Utapau arc that was fully voiced and adds towards Siege of Mandalore
>won't animate the Sith Temple arc that has Ahsoka in as well and adds towards Siege of Mandalore
>won't animate the last Maul arc that adds toward Siege of Mandalore
>completely redesigned Ahsoka's underground outfit from slutty to granny
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: I smell Disney.jpg (1280x800, 93K)

>complaining when you might be getting some good Star Wars again

Its a Yea Forums crossposter, what did you expect?

>sucking the cock that destroyed good Star Wars to begin with and forcibly cancelled this shit for so many years

Stop copypasting from Yea Forums. It makes you look retarded. I do agree that these changes aren't as desired as I would've liked.

What are the confirmed arcs?
>Bad batch
>Siege of Mandalore
>?..

>no more orange buttcheeks

I'm sad

Ashoka's Roundabout, we get to explore Coruscant's level 1313

>thinking in absolute
>not acknowledging when something might be good because of blind partisanism
>not voting with your wallet
you're a special kind of retard

>shitsney

Attached: D6A0A471-3E1F-4985-9CBC-6C05D2AFF74F.jpg (1920x1920, 1.39M)

>Literally the Clone Wars being revived for a proper finale
>"Muh franchise is forever ruined because I didn't like TLJ"

Sure buddy, continue calling us Disney shills while you buy a ticket in advance for Endgame and Rise of Skywalker

This is pretty cringy and I hate Disney and nuStar Wars.

Not seeing 9 either, try again mouse cuck

I know your types, you're gonna shitpost about how much you hate Star Wars or Marvel movies but you'll still see them in theaters because you can't help but watch the most popular movies of the year

I ain't even gonna lie. I'm just happy to see more of my girl.

>inb4 hurr hurr waifufag
I mean, yeah. And?

Attached: 1410081199763.jpg (900x1344, 125K)

I dont though
>sequel shit
>popular
“I-im not a mouse shill guiz, honest”
Nice try

Kathleens prudish revision of ahsokas outfit is all the proof i need to avoid disney + like the plague

But you're watching Endgame?

Stop complaining and go fap or whatever. Clearly you need it.

remember when star was used to be allowed to have both male and female characters instead of being the feminists power hour 24/7?

Nah, the MCU is too light hearted and quipy
And now sales are declining. Get woke get broke kathleen

Attached: 65D06DD2-0393-4234-8082-A10569F72B82.jpg (1839x1122, 1.04M)

Okay, first
>prudish revision of Ahsoka's outfit
It's about at the same level as her second outfit. Stop being retarded.

Second
>"DA SJWS ARE TAKING AWAY MY STAR WARS A BLOO HOO HOO"
Leaving aside that Star Wars was never really that good, I really do not understand why you idiots are whining so much. So Star Wars has more chicks in it now. Cooties will now spread like a plague throughout the galaxy. What a fucking tragedy. Get over yourself.

>used to be big star wars fan
>disney buys it
>suddenly all the characters I used to laugh get killed or replaced to make space for women
>stop caring about star wars
>hear news that they bring back clone wars
>cool, maybe at least this time we get a show that isn´t about "female power" all the time
>trailer exclusively focuses on women yet again and none of the male jedis even get shown
why do women insist that everything is about them all the time? it´s always me me me
boys and men literally have nothing anymore for them

amazing.

looks like bariss is back on the menu, boys.

Attached: 1555254089512.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

We know you're same fagging user, there are 28 posts right now, yet only 16 posters

Don't give him you, he is Yea Forums one man army, he is probably wondering why there are no more retards like him in there like he is used to in his hugbox circlejerk board.

If assoka is so important to Star Wars why is she not referenced in the movies? I hate when franchises do this. Our main story sucks watch this supplemental thing to get the real story lol Seems like a lame weebfu.

>won't fully animate the Utapau arc that was fully voiced and adds towards Siege of Mandalore
Probably waiting for later so they can keep the show going longer, man...

Didn’t this crap end years ago?

Too little too fucking late

>SJW propaganda in my Star Wars because of KK

May I remind you that George Lucas himself supported Hillary and even made this ad: youtu.be/a8S7ks59Icw

>bestgirl.jpg
Tbh famalam she's too old for my taste now, that's sad :-(

Attached: xy4o75ycwuh21.jpg (2048x4086, 404K)

right, she's become a hag...

>WTF I love mousecock now!
Keep it to one thread you shit taste retards.

Attached: 1555094663457.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Thoughts?
youtu.be/7LykXZsnfFw

Attached: images.jpg (450x682, 33K)

No.

promising

>more strong wyman easily beating up the protagonist
typical

at least he gave us cool male protagonists and sexy female once
if more sjws where like him trump would have lost

is that herzog? kino guaranteed.

>no ventress
>no dooku
>no obi-wan
>no delta squad
>no RoTS Recreation

>instead get 8/12 episodes focusing on 1 character who is being psuhed really hard and waifufagged by filoni with all the asspulls
Theres a reason she has blue lightsabers now, and its called Filoni Waifufagging

Only the bad batch looks intresting

Attached: 20181010_130923.jpg (390x600, 75K)

well, I like them young and flat

Attached: 1555285076719.png (954x946, 478K)

>other series already showed us that Anakin kills Orange Buttcheeks while hes just starting out as Vader

Attached: LOVE IS OVER.jpg (773x491, 39K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sLoDsYm8YIQ

she could beat me all day

Attached: wg412ccvg9s21.png (900x600, 567K)

Attached: d0szgC4.jpg (478x478, 46K)

nigga thats gina carano
she'd dust your cheeto finger ass

what else would she do to me user
be specific please

>copy paste shitposter from Yea Forums trying desperately too establish a hivemind

You didn’t actually watch Rebels, did you?

Actually she -- get this -- was pulled through a time portal with the Force by future Ezra just before Vader cut her in half. Possibly the single biggest asspull in the history of the franchise. She is still alive at the end of Rebels.

My greatest fear is someone using this against me.

Boring trailer. Disney fucked even trailers

The ST sucks ass and I don't trust Lucasfilm/Disney to do it right at all. They're gonna give us lip service about how they all changed, and then when enough people believe them they're gonna go right back and do dumb shit like have Fart Weddings and will hire sycophants like Wendig, just to have Yes men, rather than creative people.

Would anyone? Honestly, the only good characters were Hera and Kanan.

Attached: 1515251701265.png (1524x666, 1.08M)

Wait, didn't we already have a finale?

I need to watch TCW, I only saw the first two seasons.

Good man. I regret wasting my time with Rebels. The last 2 seasons were fucking garbage.

The sad part was, the first season was pretty cool and it felt like the Ghost Crew were small fish in a big pond with larger, predatory fish swimming with them. They then became overpowered rebels with plot armor that was several meters thick and strong asspulls that could bring down a blue whale.

I think the final season was just really stupid and proved to me that Filoni isn't as good a writer as he was in TCW.

>replying to himself
sad.

Yep. I don't know why they were so worried about the death star plans when the small band of rebels in this show was destroying like 3 star destroyers per episode. Also PG rating getting in the way like Saw fucking Guerera, knocking down death troopers instead of shooting them in the head. Along with that, the so called elite troopers being a bunch of buffoons against 2 kids and an old man.

Bullshit. You can count on one hand how many star destroyers were sunk and it usually was at the cost of a secondary character's life.

And worse...

No Fordo

Attached: 2945189_1.jpg (630x630, 55K)

Not really. We had those Yoda episodes but that really wasnt a "finale"

Wait no Baba vs Cad Bane? Seriously? What the fuck.

i thought bad batch was kind of lame. And i thought ahsoka's story ended perfectly, i don't really want to see any more of her. The best of the unfinished episodes were the utapau ones, with detective kenobi and anakin

I read LotS and how a great portion of the book spent several chapters planning and destroying a single Star Destroyer and how many people died doing it, then you had Rebels that made SD's so weak that they could be felled by an Emp pulse and a single lightsaber, or Chopper fucking up controls, or sme B wing prototype which was never used again (to be fair on this one, they only destroyed Arquitens that time), or by giant space whales that can also go into hyperspace. Then they completely destroyed an Imperial base by making it fly in the air and setting off the self destruct.

it's almost as if having jedi makes things much, much easier.

Wow, it's almost as if the show, with having created two overpowered Jedi, turned the entire cartoon into a boring piece of media that wasn't enjoyable to watch.

I was kinda hoping Rex would keep the Blue. Artistically I think it goes well to him being the "Head" and the majority of her battalion being the "Body". Orange is still cool though.

Attached: Ashoka&332ndRegiment.png (1280x603, 1.08M)

I'm not even mad. Filoni waifufagging is strong.

Oh boy, more shit wars.

Aww man. That's kind of depressing. Can't PTSD Padawan have a happy ending?

Her "happy ending" will be shanking that bitch with the fury of a thousand anakins

Attached: Screenshot_20190414-134039.png (1280x720, 469K)

Attached: stop playing D and D.png (483x837, 355K)

I respect the waifufagging but if this is really the last season of Clone Wars, Why the fuck did they have to push Ashoka's adventures down my throat?. She had a good ending with leaving the Jedi and whatever Rebels did(I never watched Rebels). It makes me roll my eyes. This is fucking worse than what Samurai Jack did. This is like making all 10 episodes of Samurai Jack about the Ashi romance subplot.

He honestly sounds insecure. I wonder what provoked this.

oh he's a treat
twitter.com/OfWudan/status/1116767056592904193?s=19

being a manlet whom women only want for his money.

Oh damn, you think so?

That would be a great twist

So why are they continuing with this garbage again? The first series was so fucking bad that you had to have goddamn cheer leaders forcing people to sit through four seasons of shit to get to something slightly less awful. Then Rebels happened which was some how even worse than Clone Wars, and now they're bringing back their original terrible show?

holy shit this is hilarious!

its second sister, the short haired chick vader kills in his comic

i'm assuming theres going to be more right? Theres still other unfinished episode not shown in the trailer. I feel like theyre going to be releasing it in batches to keep people subscribed to disney+ for longer the one night theyll binge this in

So is this season gonna have Anakin start to completely lose his shit?

Ahsoka is Filoni's waifu, she's gonna stick around as long as possible. In Rebels, which is set 14 years after the formation of the Empire Ahsoka is called Fulcrum, who works with Bail and Mothma in helping individual rebel cells with supplies and etc. During a mission to Malachor she meets Vader and fights him, afterwards she is seen walking back in the temple in a ghostly fashion with a bird looking over her(the same bird that is a symbol of The Sister, a Mortis Force Being who represents the Light side of the force) while Vader is limping away with a part of his mask missing.

Then in the final season, after a year or so after the season two finale, Ezra goes to the Lothal temple where he "Walks between Worlds" and sees the fight between Ahsoka and Vader, where Ahskoa is about to be killed. Ezra pulls her through and saves her, then they talk and Ezra and Ahsoka go their separate ways. She goes back to Malachor and Ezra returns to Lothal.

Then, after five years, the Empire is defeated and while Sabine looks over some Lothal city, Ahsoka returns and now they're going to look for Ezra.

TLDR; Ahsoka fought Vader, almost died but a man from the future saved her by putting her in another realm for some time and once they went back to each other's time Ahsoka did things and is now on Lothal, after the battle of Endor, to help find Ezra.

This.
At least the EA star wars game has a good male protag.

>"I never mention Star Wars in my Twitter"
>proceeds to state in every tweet that he has never watched Star Wars
Oh my, that is amusing.

This.
Glad we wrapped that us.

>TFW she becomes the Star Wars version of Blisk

Attached: a90ffe83813760b637348ac4eb3f66d1362e2c51.jpg (539x465, 129K)

i think filonis biggest weakness is how overly self indulgent he can be when writing his favourites into the story. I got sick of plo koon and wolves real quickly. Aksoka didn't need to return after her confrontation with vader in rebels either

>no ventress
Good.

>get more of the best character
>bitches about it for the sake of bitching about it.

Shut the fuck up.

>get too much of great character
>start disliking it

Imagine eating ice cream every day for a year, you're going to become neutral to the taste and eventually start hating it

You know, they Force has some seriously kinky applications in the bedroom.

Wait, hold on, hold on.

Are they not gonna do the Utapau arc? What about the death star crystal?

I need to see the updated Grievous model in action dammit

4 episode of Bad Batch
4 episodes of Ahsoka living around level 1313 on Coruscant
4 episodes of Siege of Mandalore as the series finale
It only got picked up for 12 episodes and everyone talked on the panel about finishing the show with this "season," so there's virtually no hope for any of the other arcs to be animated as part of TCW

Apparently it has been altered from the story reels.

I hope the scene of her beating up the goons will still be in it, but I have the feeling this guy was cut and replaced with the two sisters.

youtube.com/watch?v=dw2OxP8km1A

Twilight of the apprentice was 3 years ago, aside from Forces of Destiny, maybe some comics if she had any (I fell off them around the Kanan comics) and her being brought back twice briefly in Rebels we haven't been all that exposed to her in a while.

She had a book, too.
But yeah, we really haven't had much Ahsoka overall in the past 3 years.

There was virtually no hope of ever getting a season 7 too. If it's massively popular, they might let Dave bring it back.

I'm excited but skeptical since I felt the show had ended on a high note that perfectly bridged itself to the events of the final film of the prequels.
>inb4 They planned another season
Sure, but that doesn't stop the fact the Ashoka conspiracy and Five's arc was absolute kino.

Attached: TCW Fives Arc.jpg (630x354, 45K)

So excited for this. I hope they keep Force Users out of it. A proper series exploring the under world with the intent to break out and explore new ground instead of rolling back and referencing characters that came before. Then again, with Filoni, it'll probably cross paths at some point. Hell, considering it is set after Jedi and takes place in the Outer Rim, maybe the Mandalorian is where he'll touch back to Ezra.

Jesus christ, im more irritated by these triggered comments than the actual trope

>dat Rex grieving for all his fallen brothers
damn

Attached: waxer.png (1920x816, 671K)

You're pretty new, aren't you?

A pedophile

What was the og design?

Wait so Vader kills her? Why the fuck is she in this game then!

So are the sisters new characters because there designs seem Kinda shit

Knowing Filoni we'll get
>Ahsoka randomly appears for some fucking reason

She's 17 after Mortis according to the Wiki and the age of consent is only 18 in that one weird American state

>no Utapau
>no Ventress/Vos
>no Boba/Bane
>no Son of Dathomir
this is so weak

because the Inquisitor system doesn't exist past ANH according to Filoni (thanks to it not being in ANH by name or sight, according to him). they're all dead by that point regardless.

Animated panties

Attached: Thanks TV.png (1920x1080, 1.96M)

Yea but are they all accounted for? I mean why not use one that we can defeat as the players? Maybe she isn't the primary villain in the game.

they aren't going to waste money and other resources to animate something that was already finished, user. Ventress/Vos and Son of Dathomir are already complete as a novel and a comic. That's the most you'll see of them.
you aren't getting the others you mentioned because Disney only wanted a small amount of TCW to hype up Disney+ with, since they were the ones that cancelled the show in the first place. Why would they want to extend their own suffering by letting it have even more content than the bare minimum needed to milk fans' money?

I'm fucking sick of Boba Fett. He became the Drizzt Do'Urden of Star Wars

I wouldn't be shocked, but she and Sabine were gonna go looking for him, weren't they?

Fucking Werner Herzog, and Giancarlo Esposito, on top of Pedro Pascal, showrun by Jon Faverau? The kino meme kills me, but it really looks fantastic. I know anons, seemed half and half about Rebels becoming a shadow sequel to Clone Wars, but as much as I loved Rebels, I'll be disappointed if that loose thread is never followed up on. I'd prefer it not be in a show the Mandalorian looks like it'll be, but if it happens, I don't think I'll be too disappointed.

Dont listen to that user, its not the same inquisitor

All we know of Second Sister is her cameo in Vader issue #19 (pic related) for a panel, and that she will be the antagonist in fallen order

Due to being humanoid and female, its also a high chance that she is Barriss Offee

Attached: Dark_Lord_19_Inquisitor_bar_cropped.png (360x450, 186K)

Are we talking red skin, mohawk?

That's good news then. However will they really do ANOTHER mirialan inquisitor? Seems unlikely.

I'll be fine with it if they have one Force user show up in one episode, and just completely ruin everyone's shit at first, an outside-context problem that the protagonist has to adapt to.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm. I'm also disappointed.

I find it so fascinating that "Star Wars" is not only nowhere near the logo, but doesn't even touch the marketing.

Very interesting.

Attached: pink_beans.jpg (415x411, 30K)

Filoni remarked on how barriss' story "wasnt done yet" after the S5 finale

As it was never expanded upon, its the most likely outcome

They could have used a different inquisitor, but why all the build up with Second Sister?

They worked with Charles Soule on the character, hence why she appeared in the comic

Now that's a reference I've not heard in a long time... long time.

Inquisitor are such a joke in terms of threat in the new canon, only good to hunt down padawans. that said most of them looked ridiculous. I appreciate the new canon trying to define their organization more clearly and adding a touch of identity erasure with them abandoning their names but god are they worthless.

user, love is love, and age is just a number.

Attached: 1419570649179.jpg (1920x818, 809K)

god she's so hot

Attached: 15033255134720.jpg (540x651, 58K)

>Ahsoka gets to be in new TCW eps
>Barriss possibly gets to be a villain in a Respawn game
>Ventress gets an annoying /tg/ faggot who is obsessed about her
It's what they deserve

Attached: laughing padawans.png (500x433, 254K)

Interesting. I guess we'll see in November then.

I'm not usually a lewd Ahsoka poster, but that was at the very end of a Yea Forums thread and I thought the /swco/ crowd would appreciate it

Then why are they wasting money animating the Mandalore stuff? Wasn't that already covered in a book or something? The Utapau and Boba/Bane stuff hasn't been covered AFAIK.

I'm no Fettfag but the glimpses we got of that arc had a really cool western vibe and it seemed like it was going to be the final straw in Boba becoming a cold emotionless bounty hunter. Plus I was hype to see Cad Bane finally catch a bullet after always managing to squeak out of every scrape.

>Wasn't that already covered in a book or something?
no. it had, at most, 5 or so pages as interludes in the Ahsoka novel, but that novel was not the focus of it by a long shot. Those short number of pages were the only mention of the event outside of Rebels implying it happened.

Yup. Orange Buttcheeks is completely legal in my state.

>Wasn't that already covered in a book or something
Nope. It's been pretty well detailed by Filoni what his plans were, but we've never actually seen it. I always figured it'd be a book or comic, but clearly Dave had a feeling they might get to come back so he was saving it.

Who said her story is more important than than the movies? I doubt you'll find a fan claiming their favorite book, game, movie or spinoff show/movie is more important than the main saga. Which they like better is a different argument.

>dem tiddies
Barriss confirmed

I think they're new to the alterations made to the Walkabout arc since it was cut from 8 down to 4 episodes.

I think that's what's going on anyway.

>is completely legal
where's fun in that

Attached: 1398375915754.png (800x600, 144K)

You know what could get me invested in Resistance? An adaptation of The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku.

Have Kix be depressed after all that, but then end up finding an aged Ahsoka and snapping right back to attention with "Commander."

I still haven't started it. Is it as bad as everyone says?

GET HYPE GET HYPE GET HYPE

Attached: CD69742C-C7A4-4538-BE9A-9731D677434F.png (1440x900, 1.11M)

They are poorly trained on purpose to prevent them from becoming a threat to the Sith's power hold.

It's kind of shitty, but it makes sense with how Sheev operates.

Well the world needs shows where nothing happens too.

JK I only saw the episode where they meet the Bogpilled kids

Fuck forgot pic

Attached: 6F873CD5-6C37-45AB-82F3-74661DCEE98C.jpg (320x179, 19K)

I haven't been able to get into it either, but that's manly because there is such a lack of hype in the ST.

I heard it gets better, but I haven't heard if the main character ever stops being a little shit. Ahsoka and Ezra both got hit hard with character development and grew out of being little shits, so I guess there's still a chance Resistance could shape up into something.

It's a perfectly fine kids show, and nothing more than that. Its lows haven't yet hit droid-episode levels of TCW, but its highs aren't much to write home about. I'm not even really sure it HAS highs, other than the Starkiller parts of the finale.

Basically, it's just nothing. There's some neat moments here and there, but its pretty much just filler by design. Season 2 has a more substantial status quo, so maybe it'll turn around.

Afterall, seasons 1 of TCW and Rebels were pretty weak too.

They're ex-Jedi. They were already trained. The "education" they got from Vader was mostly him hacking their body parts off to teach them loss. I mean he could have just shown them the meme art, but nooo. Other than that Vader's primary gripe is that they still fight like Jedi, i.e. defensively and look for openings to attack. They also have the Jedi mindset which is if both they and their enemy survive it's still a victory but Sith are apparently meant to be happy dying if it means killing their foe. Or Vader is just being a bitch.

Probably worse.

Vader was just being a bitch because he knew he wasn't special to Sheev with all these potential replacements running around.

And I mean they wern't trained contentiously. They wern't being taught new force techniques/applications/philosophy so their force powers just stagnated rather than grew like how Ventress' did.
The Grand Inquisitor seems to be the exception, but that's only because he had a book fetish, but even he wasn't really taught anything in the ways of the dark side since he still had to rely on machines for electrical torture.

She is more alive than that, she’s explicitly shown to be alive around the time between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens

Attached: 470EFB2A-4E44-414F-AFF5-EA5E822FB9EF.png (508x686, 529K)

They were never potential replacements. Vader knew this. You know how Vader knew this? he only engineered the deaths of TWO Inquisitors, and those two only because they dared make out in front of him and remind me of his lost Padmeboo.

He didn't have to be so direct with the others, but he was certainly capable of engineering "accidents" during missions and playing them against each other. He didn't really bother.

Attached: Then You Will Die.jpg (1024x576, 185K)

again with THE FORCE IS FEMALE bs

>Ahsoka...

Chills every time

I only ever watched it on Youtube and I gotta say that was mad dumb.

People who freak out like this always forget that we already saw her alive at the end of the episode in which she supposedly died. She didn't. She was already alive. Filoni didn't need to use time travel to save her, he merely did. It was incidental.

The other thing is that this is actually consistent with previous events on Mortis. On Mortis she was resurrected by an energy transfer from The Daughter. In Rebels her rescue by Ezra was engineered by a special convor with ties to The Daughter. Filoni appears to be setting up some spiritual quest or destiny for Ahsoka that ties back to Mortis and The Family and the last image we saw of her as Ahsoka the White is just further building on it.

>Revenge is not the Jedi way

>character has been a main character of the TV show for over a decade
>WHY IS DISNEY SUCH SJWS??!?!!?

Ahsoka>Every female character in the ST
Not particularly hard, but still

Attached: NO CONTEST.png (960x411, 229K)

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute there.
Ventress>Ahsoka>Every character in the ST.

It's taken a long time for Ahsoka to start growing on me, but rest assured that she is growing. Just not as fast or as much as others.

19 Star Destroyers were destroyed over the course of the show.

Are you counting Arquitens light cruisers and Gozantis? Don't.

You're clearly are out of touch Star Wars. The Death Star in ANH, everything during Bespin and Endor were cartoony that a handful of skilled individuals out played the best legions and hands of the empire

What ever happened to "no underwear in space," anons?

>One of the three main protagonists gets a lot of focus

You don't fucking say

She's clearly not in space, she's on a planet.

>the publishing just announced a massive Jedi-focused initiative for 2020
Who's ready for Ahsoka to come back and found the New Jedi Ord-, I mean Skywalkers?

Claudia Grey's in it so I'm okay with it

>Disney has the power to bring back something good when people start criticizing all the bullshit they put out
How annoying. This is a good reminder of just how many series are being held hostage by the mouse.

Attached: -Angry-Korra-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-35864807-400-229.png (400x229, 86K)

>more strong wyman easily beating up the protagonist
But dude it's Gina whatever. That woman could break most people. It'd be one thing if they grabbed someone who didn't body build and had them do it, but she actually works out.

Attached: frieza.png (877x588, 74K)

I am concerned:
at 2:36 she doesnt kill anyone

don't fail me darth filoni!

Should've been one final Anakin and Obi-Wan mission, Ahsoka's already out of the picture in TCW. But Filoni making something Star Wars-related without his OC waifu just is not believable.

>Maul
I'm fucking cumming

Is Hondo a good lay?

Can Americans not clap in the cinema for more than 1 minute?

>>Disney has the power to bring back something good when people start criticizing all the bullshit they put out
>been in plans for the past 3 years
I love the conspiracy theories you anons make up

All the time. You seem to be under the assumption that every movie is continuous clapping from start to finish.

damn that's uh more Ahsoka than I was expecting
guess I shouldn't be surprised
third time she's fought Maul now, has Anakin fought him once? did they ever even meet?

Attached: 451490835.png (1366x477, 506K)

>implying Disney didn't ruin Star Wars
>Implying this isn't a desperate attempt to win back the crowd
>implying it won't be extremely half assed just like Rebels
You people are the biggest shit eating sheep on the planet. Can you take Disney's cock out of your mouths for two minutes and think critically?

supposedly Anakin and Obi-wan were supposed to be at Mandalore during ROTS, but obviously they got pulled off to save Palpy, so they had to put someone else on it.

The clone wars have begun.

it was a convention, that's all people do at the conventions when something is shown to them for the first time

so are you saying Anakin and Obi are barely going to be in it

Attached: 2508453862.png (418x516, 262K)

It overlaps with Order 66. Considering what's going on at that time, it's a safe bet.

anakin will get to hand-off ahsoka to the half of the 501st that wasn't on Coruscant to murder the Jedi, but other than that we might not see them much outside of Bad Batch.

we are, if it turns out to be good I'll enjoy it, if it's shit I'll be the first to criticize it. this trailer is so far satisfactory, can you not think like a football fan?

Define that term "think critically"? Because everyttime we do you people bullshit us because we have different opinions then ours

And FYI, it's because of poisonous Star Wars fans like you that Clone Wars never finished because George was harrassed endlessly that he gave up on it and sold it to Disney in the first place

You people have yourselves to blame for starting this. At least Disney is making an effort to bring Clone Wars back and create something new that doesn't involve som much fanservice and nostalgia crap. So don't argue about something you help start happening in the first place

Obi-Wan literally didn't get any lines in any of the trailers, you do the math.

They're retconning the shit out of Gennedy Wars again, huh?

Attached: Anakin and Obiwan at Nelvaan.png (830x467, 370K)

I love him so much

Attached: 9cb56b246ee654cdb4a98f82b327ab73.jpg (1080x1350, 97K)

You can't really retcon something that was never canon, so... no. Don't worry about it.

Disney is evil, and you shouldn't trust them

genndy wars was never fucking canon, get over it.

>create something new that doesn't involve som much fanservice
The "Ahsoka filler journey and also she fights Maul randomly" doesn't say fanservice to you?

I'd call something that directly tied into Episode 3 right before the movie dropped canon.

TCW already decanonized it a long time ago, we saw things like Grevious coughing and being a jobber in that show which directly contradicts CW

It was never canon to begin with. Except the fight against the Banking Clan and the Anakin and Asajj fight. Only those are still canon

Star Wars fans are more evil since they help started this whole thing. And the endless harrasement and online bullying added that. You have yourselves to blame. So between you and Disney. I will choose Disney

that's your headcanon and does not equal actual canon. TCW is the canon version of the events, not the 2d version.

guys, don't reply to who is clearly here just to troll outside of Yea Forums

The number of replies is not as it once was, but still it is bigger than any other Disney Wars thread, showing clearly that this show is the last good thing left in the franchise.

>poses next to car i don't own
>guys i'm RICH

I wouldn't, especially back in the days of the canon tiers, and I'm not sure why you do either. But hey, funny old world if we were all the same. I hate to break it to you, though, even if it were ever canon (which it was't) Disney would have dumped it into Legends anyway.

>It was never canon to begin with
yes it was, to begin with
no reason not to think it was until TCW
>Except the fight against the Banking Clan and the Anakin and Asajj fight
those aren't canon

It'd be a shame if he got high on his own supply, and was rekt by an old man chilling by a campfire.

Attached: 1483550008635.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

During the panel of yesterday, two threads reached the bump limit.

anyone else think Starkiller's VA is a bit too hammy with Maul
I get they're going with a "he's super unhinged" thing but just kind of cringes me, and is a completely different character to the TPM Maul in my mind

That was already canon and they've planned it years ago. They've mentioned it in Rebels. It was already set up to happen that fight. This is not news to me because I already know about it and I know how it will end. But I'm more excited to see the fight itself

That literally doesn't mean fanservice. You're thinking very differently on that term

This is fucking retarded, it was made to tie episodes 2 and 3 together. Everything in Gennedy Wars makes more sense to the movies than TCW ever did. I hate this canon nonsense because it's just prioritizing the handful of things made after Disney had taken over. No one actually cares about a coherent timeline.

I didn't forget shit cunt, but that doesn't change the fact that introducing deliberate, plot-alteringly paradoxical time travel to a universe that has never had it was far too big of an asspull for as simple a feat as escaping a fight with maimed cripple Darth Vader. It's lazy writing and deserves criticism.

Attached: latest.jpg (600x648, 200K)

Now you shouldn't call yourself 'no one' I'm sure you're important to someone other than yourself.

>it's just prioritizing the handful of things made after Disney had taken over
false.

>That literally doesn't mean fanservice
Oh it definitely is, doesn't mean it's totally a bad thing.
And people assumed Rebels was referring to their altercation in her novel, but it seems like our little Togruta will be fighting Maul three times in-canon.

Maul got cut in half and spent over 10 years going insane living in a mountain of garbage while eating people before his mom fixed his brain using magic.

He had the necessary character development for his Clone Wars and beyond portrayal.

You watch TCW right? Everything happened in Gennedy Wars was never canon except the beginning part. TCW decanonize it and it's now part of Legends. Everything happening in TCW is canon

that's why I said
>until TCW
it was canon until TCW which came out, what, 5 years after CW?

>star wars has never had time travel before

Attached: khaleesh.jpg (712x904, 76K)

That's the way canon worked under Lucas. Every story he didn't directly work on, and some he did (holiday special, ewok flicks) were not considered canon by him. He did, however, see fit to elevate things occasionally if he liked them. Besides, it wasn't made to tie episode 2 and 3 together, it was just a commercial made to generate hype for whoever watches cartoon network. Companies do this kind of shit all the time. Galaxy of Adventures is their new animated shorts that aren't canon. It happens, and it even happens all the time outside of Star Wars. You might get a comic series between movies, or even a novel, but as far as the movies are concerned none of it matters jack shit. How were you not aware that Disney Lucasfilm trying to make the side materials just as canon was always an outlier and surprised people that they'd even try.

Nothing will ever make the "Maul survived being chopped in half and falling hundreds of feet for 10 years" reveal make sense. That is the most illogical, fanservicey thing ever in Star Wars. That puts all the Boba Fett wank to shame.

>Ahsoka has her huge dick sucking lips back
Did Gisnep really listen to complaints and fix Ahsoka's design after they butchered it? Someone up there actually knows what they're doing.

read my post and see the image daft shit I'm talking about deliberate controlled time travel done to affect or correct a plot not some hyperdrive accident or magic vision

Attached: 1454028800177.jpg (408x408, 26K)

Star Wars had time shenanigans since ESB. To the Force the past, present, and future were all the same, just as in pre-Disney days Lucas gave us things like Mortis which deliberately bent time.

>plot-alteringly paradoxical time travel
Say what you want about the choice, but the "travel" was built in a way it wouldn't be neither plot-altering, nor paradoxical.
Ahsoka never actual travel in time and the same goes for Ezra, they meet in a place outside time itself and they didn't alter a single thing, at the end of it they just go back to their own time.

see

they could have made him a more silent eery insanity, instead of making all his dialogue super hammy
>III challenge YOUUU, one warrior to another, anddd only the STRONGEST shall RUUUUUULE Mandalore!

I think he reigned it in for Rebels though, which is why I think Rebels Maul >>>> TCW Maul

Attached: 155535132223731799.jpg (1071x804, 67K)

To be fair, sales have been dropping across the board for the comic book industry

I can believe the power of hate kept him alive since the force is a thing, but what I cannot believe is that no one from the jedi order thought to recover Maul's body.

What the fuck were they thinking? Recover the body, investigate the body, get clues to if Maul was the master or the apprentice, open an investigation into the return of the sith.
But no, no one went to go get the body, no one even checked the body, they just left it down in that pit.

This is why the clones were so adamant about finding the body of all the jedi they killed, because they knew that if there is no body then they are not dead.

We've had that too, though I wouldn't say what Ezra experienced was really controlled since he had no idea how to work the magic time mirrors in the World Between Worlds. Hell, he didn't even know he could interact with it until he instinctively did, and when he tried the same with Kanan the vital lesson was that he shouldn't screw with time. The only one who maybe had control was Morai, the Daughter's convor, who flew to the portal where Ahsoka would appear and lead Ezra there, but oh gosh and golly Force mystical beings doing super mystical things? Perish the thought.

At any rate, and again per Lucas, we knew that people like Qui-Gon who became one with the Force yet remained conscious and aware were outside normal time. He could see the future, he just couldn't tell Yoda things outright due to him obeying certain laws of time. Laws that on Mortis the Son deliberately broke when he access Anakin's future as Vader and fed him the knowledge, corrupting him to the Dark Side early. So yeah, don't come crying to us about "time travel is impossible" because within the Force everything is possible and always was. Even the power to destroy a planet means jack shit.

>I'd call something that directly tied into Episode 3 right before the movie dropped canon.
Find me a document where Lucas' said it was canon, user.

>Ahsoka never actual travel in time and the same goes for Ezra, they meet in a place outside time itself
oof
I haven't seen the final season of Rebels, I was hoping they wouldn't do something dumb to keep Ahsoka and Ezra alive

Attached: Kendrick-Lamar-DAMN.jpg (700x497, 49K)

So why bring up the even before Episode 3 when it's obvious they removed that out of canon for TCW?

While it was indeed just promotional shorts at first, Lucas liked it enough to actually begin The Clone Wars because of it.

He gave the crew an early viewing of RotS and everything. He called the show a 'pilot'.

oh my

based illiterates

ashoka would have been killed were it not for the time fuckery intervening. this is acknowledged within the episode immediately after the act, and in a meta sense by the existence of the time fuckery as a plot device.

No one ever said he hated it, or that he wasn't generous, though perhaps if he'd given them more details ahead of time they could have been more accurate, especially about Grievous. I don't know why he began The Clone Wars, though he'd always wanted to do live action and felt the visual effects weren't cost effective enough for television, animation makes a suitable substitute. He did at least incorporate characters like Ventress. There was even talk about using Durge but they scrapped that. Then again they even talked about using both Bane and Revan reaching across time to talk to The Son on Mortis but Lucas finally quashed it.

see
We've been over it. We already knew she was alive in the episode where Vader supposedly killed her but clearly did not. They didn't need to use time travel, Dave just decided to. Apparently he's fucking you. Yes, you, user, and deliberately. He knows how much you personally hate time travel and he's screwing with you.

There is literally no time travel though, are you dense?
>ashoka would have been killed were it not for the time fuckery intervening.

As things were supposed to, time it appears time isn't linear in the SW universe.

>We already knew she was alive in the episode where Vader supposedly killed her but clearly did not.
no we didn't "already know"
they purposefully played it so she could have died or lived in that encounter, we could have easily seen no more of her character in Rebels. but they decided to bring her back and pull some bullshit out their ass.

"time travel" is a contentious plot device for a lot of people, not just that user.

>Reveeenggeee is not the Jedi way

>no we didn't "already know"
Dude, we saw her walking down a staircase. How were you taking Dave seriously when he's saying, "Oh is that what you saw? Gosh, that speaks of you as a person if that's what you saw," all while struggling to control his laughter.

We knew she was alive, we just didn't know what condition she was in. If you allowed yourself to be fooled or tricked yourself into believing otherwise, that's on you.

In Rebels Maul comments you can't beat him

No, her corpse was just out for a stroll. Corpses do this all the time, it's normal. It's due to decay gases building up.

Attached: 76003980-288-k600339.jpg (288x450, 7K)

>they purposefully played it so she could have died or lived in that encounter
yeah i'm sure that left it ambiguous (which it wasn't) meant it was the last we would see of her.
Every character is alive if you don't see the body. And this isn't something exclusive to SW.

call it whatever you want user but at the end of the day someone wrote one character getting pulled out of the past by a character from the future and plopped back in a little while later. there is indisputably some fuckery going on with time.

the fact that she was not a part of the rebellion during the original series nor Disney Wars said to fans that she probably died at some point, since it'd be incredibly OOC for her character not to help. her being killed by Vader could have been a fitting send off. her walking off into the temple looked suspect, since Vader was all wounded and limping off meanwhile there's pristine glowing Ahsoka calmly walking into the shadows. could have been tomfoolery i.e. force ghost. I personally thought she was alive. regardless they could have kept it up in the air post Rebels. but then they brought her back and gave us the reason why she's absent... she's uh er hmm uh between time? or something? It feels like Filoni should have just had the balls to kill her off definitively, regardless of how much I may like Ahsoka.

Attached: mischievous-obi.gif (540x280, 1.89M)

The final episodes were quite good. I quite like it, it's comfy in a good kid's way. It may go for something more in S2. Rebels and TCW were also like that in the beginning.

This season is more Ahsoka's Failed Liberation of mandalor and the Brotastic adventures of Bad batch

>the fact that she was not a part of the rebellion during the original series nor Disney Wars said to fans that she probably died at some point
Well see now you're just making assumptions and pissed that your assumptions weren't correct. And she certainly was neither glowing nor was she a Force Ghost since those have distinctive features, like, you know, glowing. Also being bright blue and see-through. Something that wouldn't disappear into the shadows because it generates its own light.

She also wasn't "between time", she deliberately went back to her own place in the timeline albeit apparently to the point just after the Sith Temple exploded. Presumably since she had some degree of foreknowledge of the future she decided to lay low, but that isn't a given, and besides she'd only have to lay low a few years until after Kanan died which would get her up to the point where Ezra and Morai saved her. Instead she seems to have been doing other shit. I mean she shows up with mysterious new robes, a wizard staff, and even cruising around in an old Jedi ship? She's clearly been up to some shit. We just don't know yet what she was up to during the GCW.

I figure she got involved in the mystical BS side of things. Maybe involving Sidious' whackier machinations like the Force babies he's still abducting, or maybe something tied to her destiny extending from Mortis. She ends up becoming the new Daughter or some shit. The new individual who represents the Light Side.

>Well see now you're just making assumptions and pissed that your assumptions weren't correct
???
what "assumptions"
... that Ahsoka would want to help during the rebellions? same with Ezra?

and they could have just been purposefully vague since you could barely see her at all. Regardless I never thought she was dead because you don't leave that much speculation to it and just have it turn out oh yeah she's dead. I personally would have preferred it if she was killed by Vader though instead of stringing her character along artificially because of Filoni's boner for the character.

Attached: PURE-DISGUST.webm (960x540, 1.98M)

Some hope for humanity: still lingers.

>what "assumptions"
That was the greentext, sonny jim. We don't know that she wasn't part of the rebellion (in fact we know she was with Phoenix Squadron and all her work as Fulcrum), so that was never a fact.

And we STILL don't know she didn't help during the Rebellion. We do know she was apparently doing something wild considering she shows up in an old Jedi T-6 shuttle complete with X-Wing fighter escort.

well a big thing about the original series was the Skywalker twins were galaxies last hope, there's no more Jedi around aside from Obi. no sign whatsoever of Ahsoka or Ezra and it'd be kind of weird to say "they were actually helping off-screen, they're still alive yep yep." Though it's very possible she still died before A New Hope, same with Ezra. I would've liked to see it in Rebels.

>inb4 they ass pull her into Resistance

Luke's still the New Hope because he's the only one who can reach Vader. Luke was never meant to be a Jedi General and Yoda and Obi-Wan would never have sent him around collecting the few survivors left to lead them on a charge against Sidious. I don't know why people get hung up on this when the original EU was chock full of surviving Jedi crawling out of the woodwork like tree lice. It especially should come as no surprise when they flat out told Luke even though wouldn't help him in his final confrontation. If not even they were going to be backup why would you expect them to say, "But sure, go pick up Ahsoka, your father's old student and the sweetest pair of little orange slices this side of Coruscant, and also this dude named Ezra, ask Leia she knows him. Turns out they worked together before. Surprise!"

Ezra went who knows where, and as far as we know, Yoda had no reasons to believe Ahsoka was alive, and she was kicked out of the order anyways.

Yoda wasn't an omniscent god, and he was talking about the Skywalker's line. I doubt there wasn't any force sensitive left after the Order 66, simply because you can't stop them from being born.

Also this: >Luke's still the New Hope because he's the only one who can reach Vader

>Though it's very possible she still died before A New Hope, same with Ezra
Except we already know old-lady Ahsoka survives past Endor.
Ezra's up in the air, though.

Yoda could probably sense it given he was already extending his senses across the galaxy keeping track of Force Sensitives. He told Ezra as much though he said they didn't cross his awareness until they were in the Lothal temple. Obi-Wan should definitely know once he's a Ghost since they can cheat like that, but he wouldn't necessarily be able to tell people. It's iffy. I mean he could tell Luke to go to Yoda, but then Yoda going to Dagobah was knowledge he presumably already had when alive.

Either way it was Luke's destiny to face Vader alone. It was even his final test before he could become a Jedi. I'm still iffy about the idea they were serious about Luke not being able to reach the goodness inside him. Obi-Wan definitely should have known given a Ghost's ability to see the future so he was either clouded by the uncertainty of that event, which is possible, or he was deliberately withholding information. Not his first time doing that. It always felt to me like part of Luke's final test was doing what he was specifically told wasn't possible. After all, his biggest barrier to fully accepting the Force was his doubts. It's why he couldn't lift the X-Wing. So they tell him he can't reach Vader and if he does what he should believe honestly is impossible he's finally crossed what was holding him back. He finally believes fully that in the Force all things are possible. After all, Yoda just told him had to face Vader, they never said anything about the Emperor, but it just so happens actually reaching Vader also handily took care of the Emperor. Just a bit too tidy for me unless this was some kind of secret Master gambit that hinged on Luke overcoming his doubts.

Presumably Ahsoka the White could sense whether their quest was futile or not. Last tidbit we had is this drawing from Filoni on the anniversary of the end of Rebels. I won't say it's canon since who knows with his artwork. He also drew pics for TOPPS where Ahoska travelled under the Sith Temple and found another wolf stargate thing and potentially went back into the World Between Worlds, but that seems unlikely.

Attached: D08Kr7hUcAAeIvb.jpg (715x1000, 98K)

>Luke's still the New Hope because he's the only one who can reach Vader
it's not just that, he was the one fighting back the Empire when previously there was no hope. successfully sneaking the princess off their base, destroying the Death Star. he's fighting a war. there's no Ahsoka around to help them, no Ezra. and yes they would have been incredibly helpful in the war effort. it would have made the situation a lot less dire if they were waiting in the wings.

>Except we already know old-lady Ahsoka survives past Endor.
Filoni's a hack

>Presumably Ahsoka the White could sense whether their quest was futile or not
Yeah, I think she definitely realized it was up to Luke to take on Vader.

She had her shot. Curiously enough during her duel with him she knew the temple's weapon reactor, which was right next to them, was going to explode. Instead of letting it consume them both she instead, for some reason, stabbed the ground causing it to collapse beneath him. Presumably it's falling into the lower levels of the temple that shielded him from the explosion and allowed him to survive, albeit wounded.

In other words it is entirely possible that Ahsoka Tano not only couldn't face her old Master but deliberately saved him for the ties of the past that she couldn't break even though she knew he was this dark monster now.

In World Between Worlds she flat out says that she can't save her master.

>Filoni's a hack
Or based Filoni is saving the galaxy from JJ Abrams. Instead of the Jedi dying with Luke's new Order it will turn out that Ahsoka, Ezra, and Sabine, among others, create a new order separate from his so we don't wind up with this ridiculous scenario in which for thirty years after Return of the Jedi the Jedi returned and then all died off again until Rey shows up.

He's the one man I wouldn't be surprised would undo JJ's ridiculous machinations just so he could basically soft-reboot the galaxy by redoing the OT over again by somehow making a not-Empire vs not-Rebel where Leia goes back to being just a Rebel leader and Han goes back to just being a scruffy nerfherder smuggler again and Luke just fucks off and leaves everyone behind to live in space Ireland.

>Filoni's a hack
If you wanna make bold claims, back 'em up.

>it would have made the situation a lot less dire if they were waiting in the wings
They're not waiting in the wings though.
Do you think Lucas was a hack for not having Yoda come help with the first Death Star?

he did things I don't like therefore he's a hack
that's how it works

>cal, ahsoka, and ezra save the jedi while luke bumbles it all

he's creating his own little EU within the new canon by having characters fuck off to the unknown regions.

>Yeah, I think she definitely realized it was up to Luke to take on Vader.
Reminder that at the end of TRotJ no one was ever able to win over Vader, only the Emperor was able to give him a lethal blow before falling into the pit. And even then it was him who chose to not be seved.
Luke was the only hope because he led Anakin to the light side again, i thing Ahsoka wasn't able to do. And probably no one else other than the twins or Padme herself would have been able to bring him back.

And he sneaked his way into directing at least one episode of the Mandalorian, soon Darth Filoni will take hold of the franchise and lead him to a new golden age

>Ezra's up in the air, though.
After a long dangerous journey through the Unknown Regions with the tattered remnants of Thrawn's fleet, Ezra's in Chiss space learning to be a Skywalker.

he did more than direct, he's executive producer of the entire show.

>Filoni's Mandalorian episode
>Pascal lays down for a nap 2 minutes into the episode
>The next hour is an animated sequence showing what Ahsoka is up to
K I N O

Disney Wars can rot in hell, it's not like they would ever show Ahsoka or even imply at her existence in the movies. I wanted the TCW stuff to be as good as it could be though.
>DARTH VADER: (DIFFERENT VOICE) Ahsoka! Ahsoka.
>AHSOKA: Anakin.
>...
>AHSOKA: I won't leave you. Not this time.
>DARTH VADER: Then you will die.
that should've been it, I would've loved that ending for her character. "I won't leave you" and then she just fucking leaves. In general I'm getting Maul vibes from the Ahsoka treatment. Oh well.

Attached: Twilight_of_the_Apprentice_80.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

I doubt they'd go to the Unknown Regions. Probably Wild Space, or even further if they can find a way into, say, Mortis. It's pretty empty now that the Family are dead plus Morai probably knows where all the good silverware is kept.

Feels like while the sequels are going into the mundane plot Filoni is secretly building up the spiritual exploration of the Force that Lucas originally wanted to do with the Whills. Clever man, sold Lucasfilm while all the time leaving his inside man Filoni with the keys to the kingdom. Not even Kathleen knows what he's up to and he's become so popular now she doesn't dare try to kill him despite suspecting what is happening.

To be fair, executive producer can mean a lot of different things. Stan Lee was (maybe still is?) EP on every single Marvel movie.
Dave is also EP on Resistance - along with 3 other people I don't know - and we know he's not very hands on with it.
Favreau is the showrunner, which means he's the guiding hand of it all, but Dave definitely has some influence at least.

>it's not like they would ever show Ahsoka or even imply at her existence in the movies
I used to think that, but then they put Maul in Solo.
Ahsoka will obviously never been in an Episode movie, but at this point I wouldn't put it past them to include her in whatever comes next.
Hell, the Ghost and Chopper were in Rogue One, and Hera's name as well, so a mention isn't impossible.

>I would've loved that ending for her character.
You would have loved it, but sadly pleasing you was not in the plan. Filoni, master troll, started to give you loved and then ripped it away from you. My god he's even more awesome than previously indicated!

Did someone say happy ending?

Attached: Darth Filoni.png (1308x1920, 3.19M)

Maul is a very different case because he was in TPM, and Hera/Chopper aren't Jedi. I'll eat one of my socks if she or Ezra were directly implied to be around in a movie.

uh are you ok

Hera has become a general of the Rebellion in the comics and soon to be a book after ANH, so her direct background mention in RO was her first "appearance" in a movie, along with the Ghost itself fighting in the space battle and Chopper on screen in the base.

Better than that poor sob who had his heart broken by Filoni. Hopefully we won't hear in the news later about how some weird fuck actually managed to slit his own wrists with a plastic lightsaber.

>because he was in TPM
Yeah, and he got fucking cut in half.
He's just as hard to explain as Ahsoka.
>Hera/Chopper aren't Jedi
Right, which is why I said Ahsoka could show up in a non-Episode movie. She has no place in the Skywalker Saga anymore*, but they could show her elsewhere and explain her with some brief exposition

*That said, I could see a moment in IX where old Jedi are being listed for whatever reason, and they're like
>You represent the legacy of the Jedi who fell long ago... Jinn, Windu, Kenobi, Tano, Yoda... even Anakin Skywalker
or something like that. Just a brief reference that wouldn't feel out of place if you didn't know what they were talking about
I know it won't happen, but a guy can dream

>bringing up MCU in a Star Wars thread because you're contractually obligated to

are you talking about me
I'm not heart broken, I just want Ahsoka to be used well
I don't know why you are seething so hard

>He's just as hard to explain as Ahsoka.
Actually it think Ahsoka would be less hard to explain since who doesn't know the series would just gloss over it instead of wondering why she is alive.
I really like what they did with the spin-offs too, giving nods to "lesser" part of the canon was honestly something i'd never have thought possible before RO and Solo.

Dave torturing Ashley in front of the fans is always my favorite part of Celebration.

Of course not, user. We only talk about you behind your back.

Attached: 1471680270240.jpg (1110x671, 152K)

>He's just as hard to explain as Ahsoka.
well we see characters do things like survive in the vacuum of space and dip their legs in lava, and we at least know his canon death after. Ahsoka being alive during A New Hope+ does raise a lot of questions though and I hope the answer for "wtf is she doing" isn't as dumb as what they did with e.g. Luke in Disney Wars.

>Dave torturing Ashley in front of the fans is always my favorite part of Celebration.
What did he do?

she gets extremely emotional over the scene of Rex and Anakin presenting the 501st to Ahsoka with their helmets painted orange. She was all teary-eyed at the last Celebration when he showed sketches of it and this year he had a rough animation of it she wasn't aware of. She started crying again and he was all "oh yeah that makes you cry, interesting." then the fully fleshed out version was in the trailer we got for the season.
then some other bants about trust between them as coworkers and stuff like that.

>giving nods to "lesser" part of the canon was honestly something i'd never have thought possible before RO and Solo
Same.
Even with the canon reset and the Storygroup and the whole "all canon is fully canon" attitude of getting rid of canon tiers, there were three things I was 100% sure would never happen:
>No Maul on screen
>No Tano on screen
>No Thrawn on screen
Sure, they brought Saw, but that was easy enough to explain. His backstory isn't really linked directly to the main saga. But Maul and Ahsoka especially would require a lot of explanation.

Well, they already proved me wrong on one. Here's to hoping they do the others too.

With the way Rebels ended, there's no reason they couldn't do a Thrawn movie (or, dare I say, Trilogy) set in the unknown regions. You could have it take place after RotJ, or even after the ST (Thrawn would be ~70-80, and they could say Chiss live to be super old).

In the past mostly constantly teasing her about the fate of Ahsoka, like suggesting her line of Ahsoka Lives t-shirts can still be sold by adding a question mark to the end after the events of Rebels season 2 finale. This year he deliberately made her cry knowing what would set her off because it's what set her off the previous year. Warwick probably saw it as getting her just deserts given he couldn't stop her from rushing across the stage to give a fan a hug despite the panel being on a schedule. This years was great. Poor Warwick, like right in the middle of it Tom Kane calls out, "Hey Warwick, can you hook me up with the special card, I want a free poster too!" The poor host gets no respect.

Attached: 1471672908930.jpg (1211x695, 171K)

Speaking of bants, how was based Warwick this year? In 2017 he was on fire.

he was bullying anthony daniels pretty hard in the 20 year TPM panel today

Let's put it this way, not even he bothered to ask for a job voicing a character in Resistance, though I'm surprised he didn't suggest that a certain Ewok turned bounty hunter would be just perfect for a signature rival to The Mandalorian. Maybe prime for a spinoff too, let's just see how it plays out, Dave, keep in touch. You have my number dave. Dave, I know you have my number. Dave, you fuck, why don't you ever call?

>and I hope the answer for "wtf is she doing" isn't as dumb
There is no answer that won't be dumb, Filoni caved into fan demand by keeping Ahsoka alive and keeping her alive throughout the mythos perpetually off-screen from the movie canon. If she didn't catch on popularity-wise she wouldn't have survived for so long same with Maul, who at least has the benefit of existing thanks to Lucas.

There's a time skip you fucking mong. Post AoTC in which Grievous gets his chest crushed by Mace, then TCW, then CW picks up again after that right before Ep. 3 starts. Or did you forget the large portion of CW where Anaking still has the Padawan braid?

what the hell are you on about
TCW contradicts CW because we see how Grevious develops the cough, Windu crushes his chest during the final stages of their Coruscant invasion. this is why he isn't wheezing throughout CW like he does in RoTS. but then we get TCW where he's coughing much earlier than the Coruscant invasion. do you understand what I was saying now?

>Maul, who at least has the benefit of existing thanks to Lucas

Ah, how to tell him that the script for TCW movie was also from Lucas...

Resistance is an ok show.

>Star Wars fans are more evil
>than motherfucking ultramegacorporation Disney

Now who's the shill?

everytime i tell myself i should at least check it but i never do
honestly, it is the lack of sabers that kept me away from it

Ahsoka is a Filoni creation, and regardless the point was she exists in the TCW canon. Maul has the benefit of being a movie creation so seeing him get an on-screen movie appearance, and just generally being a thing in the movie canon, is in the realm of possibility same with Boba.

>Maul has the benefit of being a movie creation
You keep saying this, but you're ignoring the fact that he FUCKING DIED in his one movie appearance.
This "TCW canon" you speak of is literally the only reason he's alive in Solo.
Ahsoka may have been Filoni's idea, but George was not only 100% on board, he was also hand-on with her creation. Filoni even discussed her entire arc with George, and Lucas believed she survived O66.

Can someone give me a link to the Ahsoka audiobook? And the Ahsoka book? Preferably in a format easily readable by a python library?

Attached: 40984615603287.jpg (859x872, 165K)

>Ahsoka is a Filoni creation,
You don't get it, let me rephrase my previus statement: The Clone Wars - animated movie that got into theatres and predates CW (the series) was written by George Lucas, the character of Ahsoka (introduced in that movie) is a Lucas' creation. Filoni was marely the director.

Therefore saying that Ahsoka is Filioni's creation, is like saying Yoda is Irvin Kershner's creation since he directed The Empire Strikes back.

He forced Lucas at gunpoint to put her in the TCW movie's script, then overrode him at every conference about an episode where she appears. It's pretty ballsy for the hired help to act like that.

I'm at episode 10, it's not great but it did get slightly better. I can see people who like the starships getting a kick out of it with the plot revolving around mechanics and ship racing. It's cool they got Oscar Isaacs and Gwen Christie to voice Poe and Phasma too. Phasma's already had more screentime than she got in the movies I think.

I want to void 4D's warranty.

Attached: snapshot_03.49.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

raddle.me/f/MEGAlinks/26290/e-book-audiobook-comics-star-wars-canon-eu-megathread
Has ebook and audiobook

We need to start including links in the OP again
Also the old pastebin is outdated, because the mega is completely fucked. Anyone know what the deal is there?

>This "TCW canon" you speak of is literally the only reason he's alive in Solo.
they probably wouldn't have brought him back if he wasn't such a major thing in the legends comics already d e s u, and that wouldn't have happened if he wasn't such a massively popular character. boba had virtually the same treatment for virtually the same reasons—they look cool. but it seems like boba may have missed his chance to be in Disney Wars, I admit I don't know what's happening with that though.

>I can see people who like the starships getting a kick out of it
The weird artstyle makes ships look AWESOME and droids look pretty kickass too. It's a shame they basically ditch the racing angle pretty early on, because those scenes look great.

So because Maul was popular they brought him back. We can agree on that.
Ahsoka is also popular, and they're giving her 8 episodes of a TV show next year. It's not like they aren't using her popularity too.
So why does her popularity not allow her to move into movies?

I must admit it feels weird that TCWs left us with two major breakouts. The first is how wildly popular Ahsoka still continues to be. It's insane hearing how much cheering we get from fans when she's mentioned. Then there's of all things the friggin' survival of Darth Maul. They never even tried to explain the specific how of his survival, they know it would always be too much, so he just ends up crazy with a robot spider butt, eating people on a garbage planet, why not? At most we're left with it having been somehow pulled off by his improbable witchy mother Talzin. Sure, why not! But now he's stretched out his hand beyond The Clone Wars, beyond Rebels, and into another major motion picture where he's shocked the normies who weren't aware of his continued existence. With more episodes of TCWs he continues to be a big focus in new material. It's so wild.

>We need to start including links in the OP again
this isn't a fucking general, user. let go of the past.

>We need to start including links in the OP again
We aren't allowed to. It's considered part of the General format.

Thanks.

The audiobook Mega ran out of data. Any other source?

Attached: 1541514011574.png (500x463, 339K)

Nothing's ever really gone.

swco quite clearly is.

I feel this could apply to both mod scrutiny and the usual suspects. All the more reason it shouldn't be a regular thing again, no matter how much people want it.

That's all I've got. I'm sure you can find it on a torrent.

Fine. then someone should link them in early replies to a SW thread.
They're helpful to have

Because you overrestimate how many people watch the cartoons, Ahsoka will never get a role in a film ala Maul. Your best bet is a vague passing implication that she may exist.

We've had like 10 threads hit the limit in the past week or two. SWCO is about as dead as Maul.

>orange pussy

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

Is it really? People just change the name and you for some reason assume it's, poof, gone and all the scum and villainy with it. But if you saw the other Star Wars thread on the board right now you'd even see that Caddyshacking lives on.

You best start believing in swco threads, user, yer in one.

>Maul came back because people liked him in Legends
>but not enough people watch cartoons so they don't know Ahsoka
What did he mean by this?

I think we can agree on 2 things relating to ahsoka

1. She should have died to Vader's hand
2. Shes beginning to overstay her welcome

Im pretty sure none if us actually dislike Ahsoka, and shes definitely a fan favourite character

But when she gets 8/12 limited run episodes dedicated to her?, 4 of which are seemingly pointless filler on the tier of Yoda's Bar Mitzvha?

Shes A main cast member of TCW, not THE main cast member
We should have gotten 4 episodes of Obi-Wan and Anakin

>Caddyshacking
such an uncivilized meme

Attached: Rae Hat.png (524x548, 325K)

are you hearing every other word I say or something
Maul already existed in the movies, if he was originally from Legends material or a cartoon he would never have gotten a movie appearance

The problem with saying she gets 8/12 of the episodes is that the episodes were not produced in their intended order.
Once all is said and done and released, these 12 episodes are not going to be back-to-back arcs chronologically.

Yeah, it's not like Anakin had dozens of episodes plus six movies, and a shit ton of comics dedicated to him.
Two arcs in a show she's been absent from for 2 seasons is definitely too much for Ahsoka.

I don't mind her getting so much attention in TCW because she's really the only important character we don't know how the event end for.

However I agree she definitely should have died in the Rebels Season 2 finale. She has no place in a post-ANH galaxy

But his appearance in the movie is 100% dependent on his appearance in TCW. If it wasn't for the popularity of TCW, it wouldn't have happened. Full stop.

I'm pretty sure one of the reasons Ahsoka and Maul were well recieved is because SW fans like aliens. I wish they'd fucking learn that and stop giving us more boring human protags.

caddyshack user has literally been shitting up Yea Forums since swco got banned with his meme, now more than ever because of celebration. it didn't just suddenly come back from nowhere.

>we will never have a Duros main character in a movie

Attached: Sad L'ulo.png (685x1035, 551K)

Boba didn't need an appearance in TCW for them to get the idea to plant him in the movies, in fact good chance if it weren't for TCW and specifically Rebels Maul probably would be getting an even bigger movie role since they already showed his big climatic battle with Obi in Rebels which would have been just too juicy for Obi's supposed solo movie.

But regardless the point was Maul existed in Lucas' original vision, he's the main antagonist in TPM and been a breakout character since forever with his characters survival already being a thing in the comics for years. Him showing up wasn't so out of the question. I'd be surprised if we ever see or even hear about Ahsoka, hell I'd be surprised if we see her in another animated show with her after S7 but we can only pray...

Seriously, we have a whole fucking galaxy of exotic aliens and who do we got as main characters? Fucking humies. Ezra. Kaz. Everyone of any importance in the ST.

While the OT was pretty human-centric as well, at least you got the feeling that was because of technical limitations - Lucas filled the PT and TCW with alien characters.

Hey, we got Shriv in BF2 and he's easily the best character, so its not all bad

>hes Lando's pal and you KNOW he wont show up in IX

Attached: 52546843_1992509667711648_333000348188287097_n.jpg (479x479, 36K)

>Back to Anaheim

No info on the books leading up to EP9?

Duros are literally ALWAYS the best characters

>Shriv
>Cad Bane
>L'ulo
>random dudes in the cantina

it's a reveal for another time. galaxy's edge is the big focus right now. that's why all the book reveals stop at those.

>in fact good chance if it weren't for TCW and specifically Rebels Maul probably would be getting an even bigger movie role
user, if it weren't for TCW we'd never see Maul again.
I'm not sure what Boba has to do with TCW since A) he's not been in any movies since RotS and B) his "death" happened well after TCW and C) he didn't get fucking halved by Obi Wan.

> Maul existed in Lucas' original vision
"Original" is quite a stretch here. Ahsoka was just as much part of his vision when he got around to it in '08. His "original vision" has changed so many times throughout the years.

> hell I'd be surprised if we see her in another animated show with her
Filoni specifically had her survive Rebels, and he's still in charge of Lucasfilm Animation. There's no way in hell we're done with Ahsoka on TV.

a character like Carth would've been 100% better and better received if he were an alien, guaranteed
it's reminding me of Mass Effect and people's opinions of Garrus versus someone like Kaidan

Attached: smile-carth.png (378x378, 211K)

>I wont leave you not this time.

There's also "Project Luminance" that they teased for next year, which will probably be a tie-in to the 40th for ESB.

This. Seriously.

I understand that major live action characters would require a lot of makeup and work, but why the fuck not when it comes to other stuff?

That new Jedi game would really benefit from an alien protag imo. The guy we have just feels like Kanan 2.0

Attached: XH9BwJ3DX3Ba5vDoP7xrfC-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 60K)

How do the book releases work? Obviously the movies have no plan behind them. Are the book authors just forced to clean up after Rian and JewJew?

>user, if it weren't for TCW we'd never see Maul again.
no, Maul surviving the chop and fall was canon for years and he would have kept being alive up until Disney took over. TCW did a good job keeping that a thing though. Boba is a similar case because he's another character pulled from the depths of hell, despite clearing both intended as 100% dead, given life in the comics and planned to appear in Disney Wars. the plans to reintroduce Boba may have fell through though after the whole TLJ and Solo stuff.

>There's no way in hell we're done with Ahsoka on TV.
This was a big concern with me because was fearful her story would conclude with a shitty comic or novel ala Ventress, and in both cases just makes me think their arcs should have concluded on-screen.

Would be great if you could select your race and gender, tbqh. I know that makes things more ambiguous canon wise, but they can just say "human male is canon, but you can choose whatever."
Let me be a Twi'lek jedi, please.

It has to be because he's going to appear in other stuff

>no, Maul surviving the chop and fall was canon for years and he would have kept being alive up until Disney took over. TCW did a good job keeping that a thing though
You mean the one short comic story that was never intended to be canon even in the old continuity?
Yes, TCW took inspiration from that, but it was Dave in TCW that made it a real thing.

>because he's going to appear in other stuff
Maybe eventually, but we still don't have any appearances of Iden or anyone from Uprising

>the plans to reintroduce Boba may have fell through though after the whole TLJ and Solo stuff
>Oh no, our Han Solo prequel nobody asked for which went through two different directors and we chose to release at a really dumb time didn't live up to our expectations
>better can that film about a fan favourite character people have been wanting to see on the screen again for 30 years
Is there anyone dumber than Hollywood executives?

I don't like Matt Lanter. His voice is unoriginal and boring and it ruins everything.

Governor Ubrik has been name dropped at least once as far as I remember, but never got an official appearance.

The lockdown of the Anoat sector has been referenced quite a few times.

God I miss Uprising. When the hell are we getting private servers, I just want to play again

Attached: Adelhard_Render.png (360x450, 143K)

>never intended to be canon even in the old continuity?
the hell are you talking about, him surviving the fight on Naboo and getting robot legs from scavengers WAS the old canon for years

That's because Iden is just diet Ray Sloane. Seriously I can't think of a single person who likes Iden, let alone would want to include her in their story if they already have a token black chick

I guarantee this is because dumb people on the business side of things don't think audiences can identify with non-human characters, but their only reasoning is that they themselves can't, since they have no fucking imaginations.

I'll never forget that the people who killed the show had the balls to reintroduce it with a tagline claiming that they saved it.

The tagline was from years ago when people wanted to #saveclonewars. It isn't something Lucasfilm came up with.

Also, I'm sure #clonewarssaved was definitely decided on by Filoni while there is no way in hell he was the one who wanted it cancelled

Unless there's some story I'm unaware of, there's a 13 page non-canon comic (SW Visionaries) and an Infinites comic (Resurrection) where he didn't even have robot legs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even a google search isn't finding me anything. Though to be fair, the Wook is often a garbled mess of information.

Yeah, I mean it's gotta have been people who worked on the show who convinced Disney to give it another chance. I doubt they would have made the decision to revive it without any lobbying.

I'm glad I have no knowledge on what all the planned cancelled arcs were cause I'm just happy we're getting more Clone Wars in general.
Gonna get more clones being cool guys like always, fuck yeah.

In the Clone Wars panel Dave said it was the guys from Disney who approached him when they were first formulating the Disney+ service and asked him if he was willing to re-visit The Clone Wars for more episodes.
And Dave said yes.

Most of the cancelled arcs were adapted into comics and books.

Most, but not all.

It's really just Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir so far, right?

Look again, she has hair.

This is based on nothing, really, but I find myself wondering if this was used to help lure fans back, basically bribing us to get more goodwill. And, of course, some added hype for their Disney+ service. Funny how a cartoon of all things is one of the brighter spots in what they have.

I think you're right, but I feel like you're being more cynical than necessary. They obviously did it because they expect there's fans out there for it, but I don't think it's some sort of "apology" for TLJ or anything like that.

It's a simple enough equation. After TFA fan goodwill and hype was riding extremely high. After TLJ fan goodwill and hype crashed and burned. The fandom was ripping into Rian Johnson, Disney, the actors, even each other. If, as has been claimed in the past, the lingering sentiments over TLJ are why Solo underperformed then I don't think it's cynical at all to imagine Disney has been trying work out ways to bring people back, especially when they still have one more major motion picture they really want to sell in a big way.

It's just basic Hollywood. They always try to find an angle and work the masses. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now I cannot say (obviously) though people were claiming that the line for Episode IX at Celebration was smaller than the line for The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars panels.

I guess most was very wrong.

Of the cancelled arcs we know about, there are 12.

-Son of Dathomir would've been four episodes and would've gone after the first 4 episodes of Dark Disciple and followed by the remaining 4 episodes of Dark Disciple.
-Crystal Crisis on Utapau - The story reels and voice work are all finished, so the episodes are watchable.
-Bad Batch - Being included in the new season. The story reels have been available for some time.
-Boba and Cad Bane - Some animated clips exist.
-Ahsoka's Walkabout - Cut down a little, but will be in the new season. I think it takes place chronologically right after she leaves the temple. The speeder bike crash they showed was the finished version of one of the unfinished clips that have been available for a while.
-Kashyyyk - Yoda and the Bad Batch help the Wookies fight off the droid army. There's at least one animated scene.
-Rex and R2 Top Gun - There's almost nothing to go on here, the episodes never even got a single scene animated. There would've been a damaged battle droid who Rex and R2 bond with.
-Yuuzhan Vong - Presumably the Thrawn arc where he meets Anakin, but the Vong were only on the drafting table and nothing was finalized; it was going to have an alien abduction sort of theme. It seems this arc was recycled into the on-going Thrawn books, but no vong as far as I know.
-Return to the Jedi - Deep under Coruscant below the jedi temple, there is a Sith Shrine. While Yoda and some others are busy with that Ahsoka has to stop a break in at the holocron vault. The zillo beast clones would've been used to fight the big fucking monsters around the shrine.
-Return to Mon Cala - Political stuff. The fish people are still deadlocked when Padme tries to make a move to limit Sheev's power.
-The Siege of Mandalore - Getting it in the new season.

>After TLJ fan goodwill and hype crashed and burned. The fandom was ripping into Rian Johnson, Disney, the actors, even each other
Loud people on YouTube do not represent the public. You must not have been around when the prequels came out, because the same thing happened after TPM and AOTC, minus social media obviously.

Attached: KKKobra.jpg (2048x1618, 639K)

Attached: D3-MyqGXoAAmO0U.jpg (1200x900, 206K)

>Loud people on YouTube do not represent the public.
Have you, perchance, considered that when the media turns against them, fansites turn against them, and movie goers turn against them such that TLJ takes a box office hit over TFA and Solo crashes, maybe you're dealing with more than rowdy youtubers.

Also you must not have been around when the Prequels came out because this is hardly the same situation. TPM already had misgivings at the start, hell, Lucas had already upset the fandom even earlier with the Special Edition. These situations are not the same. When Disney heads out of TFA with hopes and box office numbers riding high, over two billion at the BO, they've got some serious reason to be worried.

Wait, Mark Hamill is a loud person on youtube? What's his channel!?

>TLJ takes a box office hit over TFA
You mean the exact same percentage that AOTC dropped from TPM?
These literally are the same situations

>when mark says something negative it means he hates it
>when he says something positive it's fake because the mouse made him do it

also
>actors opinions
>mattering
>ever

>watching Resistance
>the pirates are all sporting Imperial badges, code cylinders and bits of Stormtrooper armour
That's a really nice touch. Like the SW equivalent of biker gangs and Nazi/Wehrmacht stuff.

Attached: pirate.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

>These literally are the same situations
Bullshit. AOTCs didn't suckerpunch the next movie after it. Also critics were still in favor of TLJ. On RT it only dropped a single percentage point for the critics. The USERS on the other hand had it lose about 1/2 the favorite opinion. Oddly enough on RT we see AOTCs has a higher favor among critics than TPM but only a slight drop in user favorability.

Hell, the two situations could hardly be further apart.

>Mark's opinion
>not mattering
Wow, dude, you suck.

Where the hell was he all celebration?

Attached: Pablo_Hidalgo_question.jpg (666x642, 94K)

Pablo can't go to Chicago. He has the Death Mark in that system and doesn't want to be deported.

I really don't see why this needed to happen when the bigger unresolved plot threads were already resolved in Rebels anyway. TCW had six fucking seasons; it's not like it was starving for time. There might be some nice story arcs in here but this feels a little pointless to me.

>Bullshit
Cool, way to ignore the facts. The box office was EXACTLY the same percentage drop between the two.
You're comparing RT ratings as if they matter whatsoever (both critics and users don't matter).
For the record, box office doesn't matter for quality either, I'm just pointing out that the box office drop is not unprecedented like people claim.

Look, I like Mark, but why should I ultimately care what an actor thinks about his movies? Alec Guinness didn't give a shit about Star Wars - is that evidence that the OT sucked?

And like I said - Mark has also said positive things about the movie. But people like to ignore that because it doesn't support the narrative.

Mark's opinion certainly holds more weight than a random user, that's for sure. Also if you consider Guinness' reasoning it makes sense. He's more upset that out of everything he's done he'll be most remembered as a wizened space wizard in a job he took merely to pay the bills. Still he has also praised it as well, so there is that.

>we see AOTCs has a higher favor among critics than TPM
This is how you know critics are fickle bitches. AotC is far worse than TPM. They were just mad that TPM was NOT MUH OT.

So has the resistance panel happened yet? have we learned anything about season 2?

I haven't watched The Clone Wars before. Is it worth watching or getting into today?

Who is ignoring facts? Oh, right, you are. You want to claim the situations are the same while cherrypicking as hard as you can and, yes, ignoring everything that contradicts your stated opinion. No, the percentage drop was not EXACTLY the same between the two, but I can stop you right there because I can guarantee you they don't care if there's precedence or not: it's still not a situation they want to be in!

So please leave the goal posts where you left them. Seriously, bitching about someone bringing up RT scores. What, as opposed to your unsubstantiated claims that the critics were merely vocal youtubers? TFA and TLJ have very similar numbers of user scores, so at least that's not evidence of blatant tampering as with, say, Captain Marvel. On top of this you still ignore that Solo is widely considered to have taken a hit after the fiasco that was Solo. ROTS, meanwhile, at least did better among critics reviews, user reviews, and at the box office.

Not even sure why I'm trying to take you seriously at this point. Box office numbers don't matter? Sure, how much money a movie makes doesn't matter at all, especially to the corporate overlords. Nevermind that merch sales took a big hit too.

>Still he has also praised it as well, so there is that
Just like Mark and TLJ

I'm not saying Mark's opinion doesn't hold weight, but it's a stupid argument. "EVEN MARK HATES IT!" doesn't mean anything unless you're scared to form your own opinions.

yes. the series starts our rough, but gets progressively enjoyable. If you've ever been interested in clones as well, I highly recommend it.

well it just shows how contentious the movie was, if even Luke's actor was visibly iffy. it's not hard to realize why a lot of fans weren't too thrilled on it.

Attached: don't worry finn, I'll save you!.gif (640x360, 3.01M)

>No, the percentage drop was not EXACTLY the same between the two
AOTC/TPM = .63229
TLJ/TFA = .64429
Okay, you're right. AotC actually dropped 1% more

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 7.12.51 PM.png (798x293, 73K)

I can understand that. TPM may be rather simplistic and even childish, making its big crime not holding up to unrealistic expectations, but AOTC was a mess. The love story especially gets panned. You basically have Padme telling Anakin off while inviting him out to sexy black leather candlelit dinners, rolling around in the grass, but still ultimately resisting him, but then he confesses he stabbed a bunch of women and children in the face with his laser sword and suddenly her panties are flooded.

Decent visuals, though. It still amazes me that I've read critics were pleased that ROTS didn't make the same "mistake" of the extravagant battle in AOTC. That space battle was fucking huge, though, and extremely busy.

I played LEGO Star Wars III, which was based on episodes from the show. I've always liked the clones, I thought they were cool, especially when given different looks and personalities, I think?.

Now you know not to use hyperbole as the main support in your house of cards.

Not even sure why people are arguing because the fundamental truth is that between TLJ and Solo performances Disney shelved all future anthologies. That's a pretty big move. As far as I know Kathleen has been the only one pushing for Rian to stay onboard with a planned new trilogy but there's been no real news about any progress they're making. Everything seems to be hinging on Rise of the Skywalker and maybe the other Disney+ endeavors like The Mandalorian.

Something went very wrong and they've been trying to find a way to course correct as much as possible. I don't know if a mere 12 more episodes of Clone Wars was part of that, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

I agree with this, which is why I'm astounded at the way Solo was handled pre-release.
>No trailer, marketing, poster, key art, ANYTHING until a mere couple months before release
>Came out only five months after The Last Jedi despite star wars fatigue already being discussed with fans and non-fans alike (even if the fatigue wasn't set in yet, to release the movie this close to the last when it was a potential issue at all was ballsy as fuck
>Originally set to come out the same fucking week as Infinity War, before Marvel moved their release date ahead (marvel, not Lucasfilm. If it was up to Lucasfilm they still would have come out side by side)
>The development troubles were publically discussed constantly and Kennedy was VERY transparent about firing the original directors, even stating what they did wrong.

At one point I thought it was a deliberate sabotage for one reason or another. Maybe it was a tax write-off thing. But that clearly wasn't the case, because it's failure lead to all of these potential films being canned. Im absolutely stunned at every decision made at lucasfilm during those few months. Outrageous

Most Kino scene in all Star Wars. Yes, it's on par and even better in my heart with the Emperor's throne room with Luke confronting Vader in RotJ. That's how good Twilight of the Apprentice is. It's the culmination of all of Anakin's arc, the end of a trilogy and the beginning of a new one. No less.

Attached: Kino_Rebels_Twilight_of_the_Apprentice.jpg (5760x3240, 3.07M)

Disney threw Solo under a bus, I can't help but think they'd made their decision before then. I mean the change of directors wasn't great publicity, but then they didn't seem to give the film a great deal of publicity at all. Plus why the fuck would you release it so soon after Infinity War, in fucking May when every other SW film had a December release?

It's a shame too, it's my favourite out of the Disney era movies, closely followed by RO.

It would've been better if Ahsoka was actually dead. Her rescue was some of the most hack shit in Star Wars.

It really isn't a bad movie. Sure, Solo's actor is a terrible Solo, but the supporting cast, story, and setting were all great. The plot played out like a Shadows of the Empire story.

It's really a shame the way Disney handled TLJ and Solo. Even with talk of oversaturation, they had it made after TFA came out. Now the only real hope is if the Mandalorian and Resistance both last longer than 3 seasons, because if they don't, it's going to be one epic star wars drought.

>Everything seems to be hinging on Rise of the Skywalker
did they call it that just so they had another ROTS abbreviated movie title

Attached: f88233e1ff346a3a2f4b6250976bdec2.gif (382x640, 2.33M)

I've always heard it suffered two problems: lack of marketing and lingering fan disquiet after TLJ. Couple this with the expensive reshoots and they were in for trouble. Shame, because while a bit lackluster in parts Solo wasn't really a bad movie.

I think Disney was already uneasy about the Anthologies. Rogue One broke a billion so they knew there was a market for them...but at the same time it didn't even come up to TLJ's chunk of change so while it's viable there's just less apparent interest Star Wars movies outside the main trilogy. The thing is it's only a single data point by itself, and even comparing it to Solo doesn't help much beyond showing that at the same time Star Wars movies can come in with an extremely narrow profit margin, if any at all (especially with Hollywood accounting). About the only thing certain from this is it's enough to make investors and corporate execs nervous. Iger was right to announce a slowdown. I bet they're really nervous right now because the one movie they feel they can't postpone is IX. They don't want to do anything to upset the boat or make any more social media unease. If they're lucky and this goes down huge then they'll pop champagne corks. If it doesn't, fuck, I don't know what state Star Wars will be in. I can imagine them shelving the movies for years and relying on live action (another risky experiment but one that looks pretty good so far) and cartoons (narrower market appeal but certainly a proven hit among the fans).

No, because the title is actually The Rise of Skywalker, so it's TROS. The one they're using feels so damn awkward as a title. I wonder if the reason JJ used it is because someone realized they shouldn't do ROTS again, leaving JJ to shout, "CURSE YOU PREQUELS!"

>the fundamental truth is that between TLJ and Solo performances Disney shelved all future anthologies
TLJ's box office was fine. Maybe less than expected, but still $1.3 billion. As long as Episode IX doesn't bomb (hint: it won't) there's nothing to worry about.

Solo was a flop, though. No arguing that.

However, only someone naive would think that there's no more anthologies or spin-offs coming. They just realized that maybe they should put more than 6 months inbetween movies.
Solo was honestly more a case of complete behind the scenes fuckup than fans angry about TLJ. It wouldn't have been as much of a bomb if they didn't have to basically make the movie twice and then fuck up the marketing.

>>completely redesigned Ahsoka's underground outfit from slutty to granny
What original outfit?

It's a sticky situation because after episode 9 what the hell is left? Anthologies and alternate series/trilogies. My biggest fear when Solo flopped was that they would green light episode 10-12. Luckily based on the trailer that doesn't seem to be happening.

Let's just hope the next anthology film or series does well. At the very least it seems like they learned their lesson when it comes to halfassing projects like Solo

Although I wouldn't deny it had its faults, Solo for me feels the most in the spirit of the OT that any non-OT SW movie ever has. It had that old spirit of adventure and while the start was patchy, from the point Lando showed up it was a joy to watch. The cast all had great chemistry so while Ehrenreich wasn't Harrison Ford (who could be, really?) I was still pretty sold on him as a younger version of the character. Glover was fantastic and Qi'ra and L3 were pretty great too. I'm gutted it won't get a sequel.

The interesting thing about the Disney SW movies so far is, despite the anthology films being a mess behind the scenes, they were the better received. While the mainline episodes, that received a very hands off approach by the top brass, are far more controversial.

I wouldn't exactly call it fine. If it was a drop because, okay fine, people were super excited after TFA but the bright shininess has worn off and nostalgia doesn't bring out people as much as it used to, sure, that's one thing. If it is perceived as the result of a fan backlash, that people still came out with the same or similar level of enthusiasm to TFA but it died so each market it opened in was depressed which ended in a fairly weighty drop from TFA, then they have a problem. Since TLJ is popularly cited as a reason Solo flopped it's a major problem.

On its own a drop like that can be perceived as an optics problem. It looks bad whenever there's a drop between movies within a trilogy, though sure, fine, that happens. But it's hard to argue that it's just optics and everything is working as normal and the franchise is still healthy. Disney was worried enough that they acted, so at the very least they perceive a very real problem.

Also it's hardly naive to expect no more anthologies of spin-offs in the near future because they haven't even tried to dangle out any potential topics for their new movies. Sure something will come, eventually, at some point in the unknown future, but for now all is quiet on the western front. The Mouse seems to be holding his breath hoping like hell that JJ Abrams can pull a hail mary. They don't just just want another billion box office baby, they want the Second Coming.

My hope at least is they're going to do what they should have done in the beginning which is be a lot more careful and thoughtful, and perform some better market research, find out what stories have an interest, explore options between those, pick the ones that seem the most promising, find the right creative team and not just the latest flashy director who has maybe one or two movies but hey he was a box office hit that might be a fluke. That's what almost landed them Trank.

Also I suspect for now Disney is very much distracted by Disney+, enough that they announced a slew of series based on various MCU characters. The Mandalorian is something of a testbed case to see if there's similar interest in making new Star Wars series. Something they can feed their subscription service. New movies, too, of course. How eager they'll be to try again hinges on IX.

why does it feel like they name dropped "Skywalker" in the title for basically fanservice, like a "see Skywalkers are still important even after Luke died! please watch our movie!" same with adding Sidious. we really are back with JJ I can already feel it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

I think TCW and Rebels proved, in a way, that a TV series can give you far more content than a movie. I feel like if the Mandalorian and D+ do well, Disney might be more inclined to produce TV series instead of making tons of one off Anthology movies.

Honestly I really think they are only more controversial because they are more important and more well known.

I really have a hard time understanding how people could like Solo more than TLJ.

Because Solo only had one major flaw, the lead actor. TLJ had a number of problems, mainly the garbage secondary and tertiary plots. I love the Luke/Rey/Kylo interactions. It's just a real shame that they couldn't piece together compelling arcs for Finn, Poe, Leia, and the Resistance.

Although, as you said, the importance factors in. the stakes for TLJ were a lot higher and the results were more disappointing, where as Solo had nothing to lose because it already had low expectations.

>tfw you're more excited about this than the actual star wars movie

Live Action stuff is trickier, for various reasons. It's mostly because people expect a great deal of pizzaz from Star Wars. You can't get by on the Netflix Marvel budget. Unlike Star Trek where you can get by with most of the story taking place on the ship people also expect lots of alien worlds and all kinds of critters. Lucas always fretted if he could make it still look as good as he envisioned but not break the bank.

I'm sure it's possible. Hell, Farscape did a helluva job and it first aired 20 years ago. Shit, has it really been that long? I'm sure people expect a lot more from Star Wars but Henson puppetry did an amazing job on Farscape. Their shit looked a lot better than the practical effects in TFA, that's for damn sure.

I suspect JJ is trying to be clever, so The Rise of Skywalker doesn't really give us any idea what to expect at all. Is the rise going to be Rey? Luke? Anakin? Jake? Something, probably some macguffin, that is possibly coincidentally named Skywalker? I think he wants us to speculate away like that, but fuck it it's just a horrible title.

The Rise of Skywalker is easy if you have any brain cells. My theory is that ‘Skywalker’ is going to replace the term ‘Jedi,’ as Luke gets his wish when he said that the Jedi must end. As in, you can now train to become a Skywalker rather than a Jedi, and hopefully it comes with some important distinctions.

Attached: star-wars-episode-ix-the-rise-of-skywalker-trailer-undoing-the-last-jedi.jpg (661x412, 58K)

>My theory is that ‘Skywalker’ is going to replace the term ‘Jedi,’
That would be absolutely awful.
>as Luke gets his wish when he said that the Jedi must end.
>"I will not be the last Jedi."

Attached: D3gr-3lU4AA7ce1.jpg (1080x565, 139K)

I'm just going to run a theory up the flag pole. One of the reasons I suspect TLJ didn't sit well with people is that it didn't really feel like it was building on anything or even serving as a bridge between movies in a trilogy, which arguably is the middle story's primary function.

In ESB we're told the Rebels have been hit hard, they're looking to hide, and a Skywalker obsessed Vader is sending out probes to search for their new base. Sure the film lingers on a chase scene with another plot about the hero being trained on a remote planet, but it still feels like progress of a sort is being made. And while the film leaves Luke demoralized and Han missing there's still hope as Lando and Chewie promise to find their missing friend and the Rebel fleet that's amassed seems bigger than ever. There's a feeling that after the Empire has had its chance to strike back the Rebellion will shake off its wounds and hit back even harder.

Compare this to TLJ we have the film pick up immediately with the evacuation of the Resistance base, we have another long chase scene and another training on a remote planet. But the training feels like it never really happened because Luke was too much of a mess and it isn't until Rey leaves that he finally comes to his senses thanks to Yoda. Meanwhile the Resistance doesn't feel like it's getting by on either grit or skill but sheer dumb luck and even then they're reduced to like twelve dudes in a single ship. It doesn't end with any real sense of hope except that I guess Rey is learning on her own now, so if you already hate Rey you definitely have no hope. It doesn't feel like we've built anything up at all and all we learned is that the First Order is stupid, the Resistance is stupid, Luke and Rey are stupid, they're all too dumb to live and god only knows what the hell they're going to do next.

How in the world they expected audiences would feel satisfied with this I don't know.

Disney hasn't done any post-ROTJ stories in any medium that have managed to hold my attention either, user. I don't know if it's because I have a greater investment in the stories and characters that have been around for decades or if it's because Disney and Lucasfilm don't have anyone capable of creating a new era out of whole cloth. It's probably some of each, but their bringing Sheev back for icks makes me think it's mostly the latter.

Yeah, no way in hell, user. Jedi is way too marketable a term for them to just replace by having Rey and the next generation of Force wielders put on a mask and say, "I'm Skywalker now."

Have sex. Its amazing that every word you just said is wrong.

Attached: 1515794829397.gif (540x319, 1.6M)

But user, Luke died a kissless virgin.

As far as I know the kidnapping of palpatine from genndy wars still IS loosely canon. Grievous still did it personally, just probably not without the awesome flair.

it is pretty likely that the next crop of Jedi will not be like the old order. TLJ leaned pretty hard on the idea of a self-correcting Force, and that the recent crisis with the Empire was partly the fault of the old Jedi order. And, really, can anyone argue? they had Anakin, the most Force sensitive trainee ever, and the "Chosen One", and they treated him like a dog. Go here. Do this. Ignore your feelings. Let your wife and kids die. This, while they blew billions of Space Dollars on an army they were never supposed to have, to fight an enemy they really should have went out and tried to talk with, first.

And, not because they were evil or power hungry. They were just doing what they were made to do: uphold the Light and defeat the Dark. Seriously, any organization that says that having a lover and a family is against the rules, just needs to go away.

One shitty downfall doesn't erase the hundreds of years that the Jedi Order were a positive influence on the galaxy and a force for good.
>TLJ leaned pretty hard on the idea of a self-correcting Force
It did so in a way that's pretty antithetical to the stories of both previous trilogies, though. It mostly invoked it as a way of explaining Rey rise in the Force, which doesn't hold under scrutiny whatsoever unless the Force is pretty flippant about how it handles things.

Disney spent $4billion on Star Wars. They're not going to stop making movies just because of a lukewarm reception to Solo and controversy on TLJ. That's like saying Dumbo is going to cause them to stop making these live-action remakes.

Forgot to quote.

>kissless
user, I...

Attached: A.jpg (798x420, 36K)

Too bad that was Luke's job in the EU. Create a NJO that didn't have the faults of the OJO. Now that job is up to Rey the greatest ever!!! And don't you forget it silly boys!!!

Attached: 1547158876244.png (862x1192, 1.37M)

wait... nothing happened? Luke learned to love an imperfect universe, and then became Jesus. Supreme Emperor Plot Device got dumped out of an airlock. Rey had her stupid daydream popped so she could focus on the real problems. Poe stopped being a child and became a leader. Finn stopped being a chickenshit and to stand up for what he believed in. Kylo killed ALL his father figures and finally became the unhinged nutjob he was always meant to be.

the only ones who didn't learn and grow was BB-8! That movie was stuffed to the gills with character development and massive shit happening. The "fans" just didn't like any of it because it was mostly guys being schooled by women.

unironically have sex

That moment was so shitty. Goddamn. I think it might've even been worse than the "Oh yeah the Force! XD" moment in TFA.

I've always hated Ahsoka. Fucking fanfiction-tier character. The worst thing they did with her was making her into a big rebel leader. I would've been just fine with her living out a normal life after leaving the order.

As much as the ST bores me, I would be interested in an analysis of TLJ that explains the Mortis connections. Rian said he "rewatched" the Mortis arc at Filoni's suggestion before making TLJ.

maybe they don't hold your attention because Disney doesn't want your attention? They have sent some pretty clear signals that they want Star Wars to be a mainstream and a children's product. The nerdier fans are getting some things, but that is not where the money is, and it is not going to grow the audience.

It's Kylo you dummy. He's going to get redeemed.

It don't count when it's your sister, user. How new are you to Yea Forums that you don't know that simple fact of nature and law?

Ben is a Solo, not a Skywalker. Even if he took his mother's name he'd be an Organa since she never considered herself a Skywalker. Get your shit together.

Nobody said they are going to stop. The fact that they're going ahead with IX should indicate that to you. Iger, as stated above in a post, merely ordered a slowdown. So no nobody is talking about stopping, just that how well IX does will determine how eager they are to roll the next film off the assembly line. For instance if IX doesn't do amazingly well I sincerely doubt Rian is going to get that trilogy he keeps swearing he's still going to make.

So Poe and Finn had to take remedial courses?

>became the unhinged nutjob he was always meant to be.
Not permanently.

Attached: D1jFy0WWsAABbpC.jpg (680x910, 74K)

No, what Finn learned is when you take a stand for what you believe in even if you know it's going to cost your life you get blindsided by some douchebag and have to drag her comatose ass back to base while all your ex-buddy Stormtroopers point and laugh at you. That's how you protect what you love.

>Star Wars to be a mainstream and a children's product.
The movies always were just that, so there's nothing new there, user.
Remind me again how well their kids' toys are selling, I forget.

He had to take up arts and crafts as part of his court mandated therapy to work out his anger issues. Time will tell how well it's worked out for him.

Attached: kylo-rens-mask-1555097945806_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Poe was never a child in TFA and certainly didn't act like one in TLJ. Poe got shitted on because he didn't blindly follow orders like a good suyboy. Finn got over his cowardice in TFA dumbass. Luke didn't accomplish anything and died peacefully with a false sense of satisfaction leaving the younger generation to fix his problems like a shitty boomer allegory. Go fuck yourself

Attached: 1554416629208.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

I bet Kylo could build a mean gunpla.

Kylo can't even build a lightsaber that can cut somebody in half.

Attached: 1555281798699.webm (1280x720, 956K)

It looks like he just stabs the guy with the guard.

That thing looks poorly made, like a little kid built it.

Attached: Kylo_Ren's_lightsaber_prop.jpg (641x338, 38K)

>just a little stab in the dick
dude that's way more hardcored than bisecting the guy

No it's badass fuck you. My hate was so strong the kyber crystal cracked. So he made exhaust vents to siphon the excess energy.

Calm down there, Matt, your kayfabe is slipping.

want that the point?

Kylo, what's your favorite green day song?

Boulevard of Broken Lightsabers

The joke comes from
youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

However I do like the idea that Kylo Ren wants so hard to be his granddaddy and finish what he started, right down to copying Anakin's old habit of constantly tinkering with electronics. However the best he can come up with is a shitty exposed case and wires running down the hilt. I'm imagining him activating it in the rain only to shout, "OH SHIT," when it shorts out, electrocutes him, and throws him backwards across the battlefield. Hux standing on the command bridge of his Star Destroyer says, "Please tell me some stormtrooper's helmet was recording that. A promotion to anyone who brings me the best footage for my new blooper reel I'm going to send to Supreme Leader."

>Ahsoka with blue lightsabers
I didn't think it'd look right but it really does.

Season 2 panel happened this afternoon. Mostly cast banter. Not even sure if we got a trailer; it cut away at the end.

Needless to say, nobody cared.

Resistance is so odd, because it's obviously made to be filler...

It has no tie-in media whatsoever.
There's no hype ever built for it.
Disney basically doesn't market it.
It's on fucking XD late at night.
They put the panel at the end of Celebration on Monday night.
They didn't even put it in the major mural they had on display.
Dave is barely involved.
As far as I know, there's no merch whatsoever.
It doesn't even pretend that its main characters are important to the SW universe.
It has limited cameos (although kudos for using the actual movie actors to voice them).

It's like they had a contract to have SOME star wars cartoon on the air, but they weren't ready to have a big one, so they just threw this together. It's not even that bad, it's just... nothing. If it were airing in the off-season or concurrently with another show it would seem perfectly fine, just like how IDW Adventures runs alongside the main comics.

Worst of all is that its season two will be both run alongside and measured against TCW S7.
I'd be dusting off my resume if I worked on it.

>measured against
I don't think anyone at Disney is comparing the two, to be honest. No one with half a brain expects them to do similar numbers.

Sorry to bring company war bullshit into here, but it's like how people think Shazam is a flop because it's not doing Captain Marvel numbers. Not all things are measured the same.

That said, I think that Resistance is just a holding pattern until Filoni is free for whatever his next real show is.

>I don't think anyone at Disney
Not by Disney, but by the audiences instead.

Meh, audiences already know it's not as good. If they're watching now, they're not going to stop watching just because TCW also exists. Anyone who would is already not watching.

Where is that Yoda from?

Looks like Galaxy of Adventures

Filoni can go to hell with his continued character-assassination of Barriss, just because he wanted to stop yurifags from shipping her with Ahsoka.

>just because he wanted to stop yurifags from shipping her with Ahsoka.
[citation needed]

>As far as I know, there's no merch whatsoever
They are some lego sets, but that's about it.

Genndy wars already fucked with the Labyrinth of evil novel. In LoE Anakin and obi-wan were at the planet Tythe fighting Dooku when they got called back to Coruscant. In Genndy's show they were playing with blue gerbils on Nelvaan instead. Star wars has always had a messy continuity.

Attached: Labyrinth_of_Evil_cover.jpg (256x389, 30K)

To be fair the EU was never properly "canon" in the way the new stuff is. Lucas made it clear that while whatever people did in the EU was contingent on the movies the movies were not at all contingent on what the EU did. The Disney canon is the first time there's ever been a truly unified canon.

I still don't know why the fuck they did that.

Attached: 1459412768290.gif (245x285, 1.25M)

*undid that

>Barriss possibly gets to be a villain in a Respawn game
Nah. She dead.

What i was getting at is that even the eu contradicted itself

Any fics based on that image, asking for a friend.

If ahsoka comes back then doesn't that cheapen the emotions anakins has of abandonment which bridges the gap between him and the dark side? Ahsoka leaving is one of the things that made his turn believable

Leia sported the Rey look better in a shitty sequel game DLC

Attached: LeiaJedi-TFU2.png (530x670, 611K)

No corpse, no confirmation lad.

Homie I almost feel she is the primary protagonist. She is the only one who, going into the series, don't know the future of. We all know Anakin becomes Vader, Obi-Wan leaves to live in Tatooeen and the majority of the clones and Jedi die off with the new empire. Asokah has the most possibly. Not to mention that she is essentially the fish out of water character in the beginning. She is the new Padawan who is learning the ropes. By the start of the series Anakin and Obi-Wan are already well established Jedi. It's almost like the show is ABOUT Asokah.

Rey looks the same as she did when she started.

She'd had almost no costume changes that reflect growth.

Damn this trilogy drops the ball.

From an overall story presentation angle I never really liked the idea of how they handled Ahsoka post-S5 in TCW, mostly due to how it put her in proximity with Jedi, and the impact of her leaving playing poorly with what I see as lackluster reintroductions.

I think that her solo Coruscant underworld arc was/is probably more interesting than a lot of people are assuming, but even then starting with the premise of "Hey, here's Ahsoka as a normal person" really doesn't emotionally resonate with me as a reintroduction following how dramatic her departure from the show and Jedi Order was.

I think some of the stuff proposed in the arc involving the Sith shrine was cool, but circling back to how big her leaving the Jedi was, having her work with the Jedi again feels somewhat off for me.

I'm fine with her being in Siege of Mandalore, but even then I think her involvement needs to be presented as a surprise, without any interaction with Anakin or another Jedi. Have her show up unexpectedly, maybe give her a few lines with Rex that presents the time since leaving as being ambiguously adventurous but that gives her a reason to join the siege, and present her as the solution that's been missing to Maul.

>he only engineered the deaths of TWO Inquisitors

Replay Grand Inquisitors death scene. Listen.

Anakin pretending to care about some OC mary sue is better than him duelling his son to the death? Yeah, OK. I don't quite reemmber clonefags being this insufferable.

>pretending to care
>projecting so hard you refuse to believe a fictional character can like another fictional character you don't

And it is supposed to be a year since TLJ. They really have no idea what they're doing over there unless they hid her mid-movie wardrobe change.

Disney didn't drop four billion on this IP so they would have work hard to get an audience, user. They did it because they thought that they were buying a permanent and profitable audience.
Oops.

You're simply too young and stupid to see everything wrong with TLJ. Simply because things happened to the characters doesn't mean the movie was good.

You forgot such memorable things such as
>Luke's character being shit on constantly, his legacy tarnished
>A mainline movie not knowing how hyperdrive works
>Women behaving as terrible, terrible leaders similar to the Empire

And more!

>107038062
>Women behaving as terrible, terrible leaders similar to the Empire
This, the entirety of the resistance are CRIMINALS. They don't have a legit authoritarian structure, anybody following orders is doing so on faith and trust. That's how small rebellions work, they're based on TRUST and character. That's how they operate, none of them any kind of actual legal power over anyone.

You need to inspire and be someone people can trust in order to be a leader. You don't just "follow orders" within that kind of structure, it doesn't work. She goofed hard and had to literally rewrite Star Wars and change how hyperdrive works by rewriting the physics of it that leaves everyone in universe going "you can use matter in hyperdrive as a weapon now...since when!?!?!" in order to redeem her failure as a character. It's yikes into infinity. She behaves like the fucking Emperor and is somehow in the right. What? How? It's madness.

It's a trainwreck of course.

This kills a General

Attached: FutAhsoka.jpg (1619x3600, 1.21M)

Man we have one teaser trailer

Ah the tail end of the Iger legacy. Being a lazy uncreative fuck.

Damn if I though it could work I'd look to see if Walt could be resurrected as an immortal Lich.

Least he gave a shit at being creative.

She's not gonna undergo a costume change. They've got toys to sell. Well attempt to.

>She's not going to get a costume change
>They have toys to sell

That's contradictory

>It's on fucking XD late at night.
It's simulcasted on Disney channel and XD and its ratings are still garbage. The highest rated episode got a 0.54 and the season finale got a 0.36.

Futafag, Shotanon and SSfag killed it, along with the memers who did nothing all day but try and make some rando character a meme of the week.

>Rian said he "rewatched" the Mortis arc at Filoni's suggestion before making TLJ.
Well that explains an awful lot of why this movie sucked. When you use something as shitty as the Mortis arc as a basis, it's gonna be shit. Seriously, how did no one during the production of TCW point out how bland and hacky an idea it is to have one-dimensional personifications of metaphysical forces is?

>Luke's character being shit on constantly, his legacy tarnished
While I usually leave live-action discussion alone since it has the potential to overwhelm threads, thread is dying anyway so I'm gonna throw in my two cents here.

I have my issues with TLJ but Luke's arc was perfectly fine and the highpoint of the movie for me. He tried to be that same idealistic kid he was before by setting up a new Jedi temple and training new Jedi, thinking that would be a good thing for the galaxy. But he fucked up. With the Sith gone he didn't expect any of his students to turn to the dark side, certainly not Kylo, and he didn't have a plan in place to deal with that.
>What the fuck do I do? I can sense my own nephew, my sister and friend's kid, is capable of awful things including destroying everything I've worked for and setting the Jedi back to square one
It's a "do you kill baby Hitler?" moment, but also if baby Hitler was a beloved relative. Both emotionally and in terms of motivation, that realization has gotta have wrecked him. That's why he reacted to Kylo the way he did, and it's why he started to believe the Jedi were doomed to failure.

Bear in mind he is probably much more aware now of how Anakin's fall went down, and how useless the old Jedi were at preventing that. If Yoda and Obi-Wan were powerless to prevent Anakin falling to the dark side and Luke was powerless to prevent Ben from doing the same, what's the point? By training new Jedi you're just setting yourself up for failure and potentially helping create more Vaders. His rejection of the idea of the Jedi makes total sense at this point.

Rey however doesn't have all of Luke's baggage. She still has the belief and idealism Luke once did, and it's through seeing that in her that Luke changes his mind and in the end, becomes the old Luke again to stand against darkness instead of seeing it as an inevitability. He finds reason to hope again, and if that's not pottery I don't know what is.

>rando character
You take back those mean words you said about Rig Nema right now.

I absolutely agree though. Used to check out the general daily for a good period of time, but even discounting the low quality of the shitposting when half the thread were the same posters reheating their material from the previous thread I began to stop bothering with it.

>The Clone Wars returns
>Thunderbirds Are Go returns
What a time to be alive.

>when half the thread were the same posters reheating their material from the previous thread I began to stop bothering with it.
Unimaginative people who live in the threads spending their time posting instead of reading combined with idiots who can't grasp that "ignore" is the most important part of "report, hide, ignore" kills all generals eventually.

It showed us the two of them fighting in a room about to explode. Vader would obviously get out, there was no reason to expect that Ahsoka would die there, we just didn't know how she'd survive.

Also:

>hes just starting out as Vader
It was about 3 years before Yavin 4, user.

And they chose to show her entirely in basically the same sand wraps she always wore.

I briefly visited the One Piece general on Yea Forums when new chapters dropped, learned quickly that was a big mistake because discussions often got drowned out by

>Monet is alive
>Monet is going to be a strawhat
>Sanji is a cuck
>Oda is a hack
>Nothing happens chapter
>asspull asspull asspull

Every. single. thread.