Psychologically tortures children and warps their sense of reality in dangerous ways...

>psychologically tortures children and warps their sense of reality in dangerous ways, as shown by causing the accident with Sivana's father
>"good"

Attached: shazam-wizard-1124293-1280x0.jpg (1280x704, 34K)

Shut up, Zack Snyder.

>doesn't snap kids' necks after they have failed the test
>"good"

I know that scene was supposed to be tragic in a way, but I can't help but laugh when that truck hit while "do you hear what I hear" was playing

All Wizards Are Bastards
Name a wizard in fiction that isn't a piece of shit that does more harm than good

He didn't cause the accident. The Wizard, through his own oversight, had no knowledge of when and where he was plucking candidates. The car wreck was an accident caused by a boy's hysteria and bad timing

Stardust the Super Wizard?

Gandalf

Alan Moore

>psychologically tortures children
Common in old coming-to-age stories. I mean, baby Hercules strangled the snakes. More about that later.

>and warps their sense of reality in dangerous ways, as shown by causing the accident with Sivana's father
That was a real accident but the real problem here is that the wizard spent so many centuries looking for the perfect man that the age of heroes ended so kidnapping children and testing them is out-of-fashion now.

He didn't cause the accident, are you retarded?

wouldnt the wizard's search have overlapped with superman's childhood in this universe?

is clark not worthy?

Clark already has powers. The Wizard was searching for a regular human

He already had powers regardless of his worth, the spell would have filtered him out.

I figured that the wizard made a mistake in trying to find a non-exsistent Perfect Human, casting out anyone when they showed a hint of temptation, when he really should be looking for someone who could overcome the temptation.

Also mabye not putting a fake or at least better protection around the orb was a bad idea.

He needed a human.

The seeking spell was completely random, with the only criteria being those with great potential to do good. 6-7 billion possible winners constantly changing over a thousand years and well, you do the math

You can also blame the dad for not keeping his eyes on the road. His brother could have taken care of it.

fizban

what if he picked a pilot mid flight?
>guess that's why there are co-pilots

Actually I'll just continue and say I blame the dad for the crash. Bad weather, not keeping both hands on the wheel, and not paying attention to the road. It's just basics here.

A non issue because The Rock of Eternity exists outside of space and time. Notice when Sivana returned to the car, no time had passed.

The kid chose listening to the clearly evil statues and chose evil ultimate power over good. He was never going to turn out to be a hero.

He choose Black Adam but he was corrupted and ended up killing a huge part of the population at the time.

He was afraid that choosing wrong would destroy mankind.

Kinda ironic that he spent so much time trying to find the perfect person to inherit the power, and it ends up in the hands of 6 randos.

yeah but orphans are inherently noble and moral sooo...

The Wizard was overcautious, and didn't realize what he was asking for from his spell didn't really exist. Kind of like phrasing a wish improperly. Due to his own fear and stubbornness, The Wizard took FOREVER to find a new champion

>abducts small children, and tells them they'll never be good enough to be a champion
>ends up creating a villain by yelling at a despressed child with an abusive father

Attached: Wizard.png (718x540, 124K)

Mere knowledge of his existence would cause terror to all of Earth.

He had no idea who these people were besides their name
Had no idea what their lives were like, nor did he care
He yelled at Sivana because he was shocked at how easily the child went for The Eye.

Seems like a good a thread as any to ask this; What is Merlin's relation and importance to the grand scheme of DC's magic world? Other than fighting Morgaine Le Fey, helping Shining Knight, and cursing Jason Blood, he seems rather unimportant, no? And what of Dr. Fate/Nabu? Did Nabu not deserve a spot on The Quintessence like The Wizard?

Attached: Dr Fate YJ.jpg (707x1131, 70K)

He should have cared, otherwise he could have had a legion of champions, trained under him to uphold justice across the earth.

Helped Tim Hunter understand Magic.

The fucker is straight up horror fuel

The Wizard's power was being used to hold back The Seven Deadly Sins, and was waning with each year. He had no energy nor the time to invest in a possible candidate that would fail, hence why he put so much faith in his seeking spell (not realizing the flawed logic of his own wish). As soon as he found Billy he was reduced to ash

Why would anyone not go for the eye? This wizard brings you into a weird dimension, offers you unlimited power, and then a shinning globe shows up asking for you to touch it.

Why would you assume that was not part of procedure to get the powers? The wizard needs a better way to test people.

>get young people with no understanding of anything magical to be tempted by literal demons speaking into their mind
>scold them when they are tempted and cast them out

>could have instead nurtured these young people, training them to resist the temptaions of evil and letting them do good, but no

>oh fuck the demons are loose now. Guess I'll just give my powers to whatever dumbfuck comes in next and peace out

>or at least better protection around the orb
That's what the champion was for.

They at least had the demons say that his power was growing weak and he couldn't keep them at bay much longer. But yeah just having the damn thing right there able to be grabbed by mortal hands was just asking for it.

user a fucking demon statue starts talking to you saying "No, don't listen to that guy. WE can give you so much more....." and you seriously can figure out what the fuck is the right choice?
He didn't just summon young people, as seen with the video interviews Sivana had collected. Furthermore, The Wizard did not have the strength to train anyone, nor was he willing to gamble if the investment was worth it given that most of his power was containing the sins.

>Why would anyone not go for the eye?
Jee user, I dunno. Maybe because going for the eye was overtly stated as being in the best interests of the embodiments of evil.

>terrible way of trying to find champions
>has Mr.Mind just sitting under a regular glass dome on display for everyone

Can we just agree that Shazam was a dumbass?

Attached: wizards.gif (600x263, 25K)

He wanted someone impossible to corrupt, maybe there was someone with pure heart somewhere but he just didn't had luck.

I think the entire point was having both The Sins and Mister Mind in plain view at all times to ensure they hadn't escaped. Moreover, it's not exactly easy to get to The Rock of Eternity, which exists smack dab in the middle of The Multiverse beyond both time and space

I thought that Mr Mind simply found a way to invade the Rock of the Eternity through one of the doors to steal something.

The Wizard has always been a bit of a bastard. Dude went into an autist spree and petrified Black Adam and Isis and took back his powers from Billy and Mary and was supposed to go on a retard vendetta on taking Freddy's Shazam powers since he couldn't directly take it since his powers didn't come from the Wizard

No? The start of the movie when boy Sivana enters The Rock of Eternity for the first time shows Mister Mind encased in a glass prison. Fast forward to present day when Billy arrives, we see the container smashed open with Mister Mind gone. He had escaped when Sivana freed The Sins, the mass ruckus breaking his prison

>Mister Mind encased in a glass prison
nigga he was in a mason jar

What is a mason jar if not a glass prison for bugs

that wizard from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, i forget his name.

>Abo
>Good
He was never supposed to be good.

Is Merlin supposed to be a good guy? I mean he's usually okay in like Camelot 3000 and shit but in other books they really go 100 on the whole son of the devil part of him and make him into a literal demon/baddie

The nonabbo new 52 Wizard Shazam?

Neutral I think (Haven't read a lot of his recent books), just goes with the flow. Nothing is really an issue for him seeing as he is the most powerful wizard of his time.
He just subscribed himself to the fate that awaits him and that might make him a bit kooky.

>most powerful wizard of his time
Is he really? I know that the Merlin title is for peaked wizards i.e Tim but he's always been kinda meh in his books. Shouldn't the Wizard (Shazam) be the most powerful since he has direct control of the rock of eternity, that fuckin nigga just blasted the fuck out of Black Adam and Isis when he gave a fuck

Here's my question, if Clark did get chosen and he became Captain Marvel, would he retain his Kryptonian powers while transformed?

Attached: shazam.jpg (1125x750, 191K)

>Billy, the chosen one, was just the guy Shazam was desperate enough to finally give his powers to
>he ended up being alright anyway
Shazam sucks at being a wizard

I'm saying that Merlin was the strongest during the Middle-Ages there was no one to challenge him since the Wizard was still in the rock.

No one told Sivana to sperg out

Yeah I didn't see of his time. Didn't Mordred beat the shit out him tho in terms of magic too. My man Merlin can't catch a break.
Well I forgot what book it was but Wizard was gonna take back the powers from Billy since he was too reckless and then realizes that there is no perfect champion.

That was his fate, Merlin was old and outclassed. After that Morgaine le Fay chained him to a rock and he died.

and in Camelot 3k he got lost in his lust and proceeded to fuck the lady of the lake.

Got any scans I wanna see.

My take form the videos was that all of those people were young when they were taken, and just remembered the story as they got older. Wizard has been doing this for literal centuries.

Don't have it but in the final battle he sees the lady and goes in heat and jumps into the "lake" (not really a lake since it's more of industrial waste?) and proceeds to "fuck" the lady of the lake. Shit is quite hilarious, Camelot 3k was pretty crazy. A kinda "good" arthurian comic with Merlin as the focus I gotta say is Unholy grail, basically a demon kills the real Merlin and takes his face and poses as him.

Is there any modern continuation of it?

>He yelled at Sivana because he was shocked at how easily the child went for The Eye.
He was still wrong. I loved Sivana as a villain because besides just being fun he was sympathetic, but not to the point that you sided with him.

I didn't know much about Captain Marvel going into the movie but I've been a Spider-Man fan my entire life and this movie has a very "with great power comes great responsibility" feel to it, I love that it rebukes the idea of a "chosen one" and measured worthiness.

of Camelot 3k? Camelot 3.1k? and JL 3.1k kinda continues the story, its not that good tho especially 3.1k which is a shame since JL 3k was really good

The spell wasn't exclusive to kids you dolt. The woman he was talking to via Skype fucking recorded it, hence how he got the final symbol to complete the sequence

The Wizards an asshole who doomed Black Adam by fellating his ego too much. In the end the Wizard doesn't care about the lives of mortal men he just wanted a champion.

>He's still wrong
How? And no, Sivana isn't sympathetic because he's a petty shit who held a grudge against his family with the fucking 8 Ball after so many years. Having a shitty dad and family doesn't give you the right to be a homicidal dick. The Sins KNEW Sivana was going to end up the way he did.

Are you implying that kids aren't able to record things? dude my 10 year old niece has a cell phone.

>After that Morgaine le Fay chained him to a rock and he died.

I swear that I did read somewhere that he got too old so the lady of the lake took care of him in his last years at her house/dimension but he was never found after joining her.

Where the hell did you pull that from, your ass?

No you moron, it literally just happened! You can hear her damn voice in the footage!

Why can't Yea Forums follow a simple plot?

The wizard from mickey mouse when mickey shouldn't have been fucking around with magic to begin with?

>I loved Sivana as a villain because besides just being fun he was sympathetic

How low are your standards when the "fun" villain stands around staring at things for much of the movie and he's sympathetic because his dad and brother yelled at him and blamed him for causing the accident he caused.