So how come Batman's fucking arch nemesis is someone with even less body strength then Batman himself?

So how come Batman's fucking arch nemesis is someone with even less body strength then Batman himself?
Literally, I've never seen the Joker even throw a decent punch. If someone can be defeated by like, late 80's early 90's wrestlers, I don't think they deserve to be the ARCH Nemesis.
The bottom line is, Honky Tonkman, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Stone Cold, Triple H, ManKind, Rock, any of these people or someone BUILT like them could take out the Joker.

It's not very impressive.

Attached: SCSA.jpg (349x237, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mFNlu5b6PPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Modern Joker has been shown easily killing normal people with his bare hands. There was that time where he killed an entire police station personal with a knife, IIRC.

It's kind of a cheap, but I prefer this portrayal to his earlier one. He never seemed like arch-nemesis material since he was physically and mentally weaker than Batman so his popularity always seemed odd to me. I didn't even realize people considered him Batman's main enemy until I started reading comic focused message boards.

Anyone can kill a fucking normal person by strangling from behind. It's not impressive.

Simple. Joker is powered up by Gamerfuel

Seriously? Who did you thought was his Nemesis back then? Two-Face?

The Joker is already deceptively strong and tough without his tricks and gadgetry, OP.
That's one of his many things and why criminals always underestimate him if they haven't heard of his reputation.
Punches you don't see coming hurt twice as hard, same goes with jokes.

Not him, but I remember I thought Riddler was his archnemesis when I was a kid. Not sure why.

And? If someone as buff as Ultimate Warrior got pissed at Joker, he'd break him in half.

Was it because Batman actually has to solve and do detective shit when chasing him down rather than beat some random thug?

Then he'd be doubly surprised how he has a knife sticking into his gut.

>wrestlers don't get stabbed
There were fucking riots.
Freddy Blassy, in his 60's, got stabbed several times and lived, taking the stabber to the police himself.

>joker's so fucking pathetic he needs knives.

Let me ask you this instead:
Why do you think an arch nemesis needs to be physical strong? What's wrong with being clever and ruthless?
Just look at Superman, his main arch nemesis is Lex Luther, who Superman could kill with his pinky toe if he wanted to.

That might have been it.

I feel this thread is kinda missing the point of the dynamics between the Joker and Batman.

Cause Superman actually has other enemies that are threats.
Plus, we can't speak ill of cancer patients

Mind games. Oh. Not like anyone with half a fucking brain can do mind games. Bizzaro can do mindgames.

comics are just handwavy with powers

Fine, what if the Undertaker comes and whoops Joker's ass.

every single person in the universe could become a threat to a superhero if written correctly

Depends who's writing. Sometimes Joker can fight Bats to a standstill, mostly through fancy kicks and jumping around.

Because Batman hates gamers

I don't know where that man has been stabbed but one or two stabs in your gut with a stiletto knife is enough to debilitate any man of any size, especially when it severs your abdominal aorta.
Couple that with a crazed man's sleight of hand fuckery, who knows how many times you'd get stabbed in the gut.

It's kinda like Batman and how he deals with people who are obviously stronger and bigger than him, Bats won't fight them head on unless he's got something to even the playing field.

Lex literally hides behind kryptonite half the time. And when he doesn't, he uses that Superman can't kill him or he becomes the bad guy.

I think Freddy Blassy was stabbed in the abdominal, roughly the same spot, over and over.

He also had acid thrown on him.

The Undertaker is retired. Checkmate.

Half the people in OP's post are either retired or fucking dead.

Joker should have been dead since he was introduced in the 30's.

But The Joker is still alive, isn't he?

Checkmate.

If we go full kayfabe, Stone Cold's archenemy was Vince McMahon, who was absolutely no physical threat to Austin one-on-one. When he had the opportunity, Austin would throttle McMahon effortlessly. The difference in physical strength was just one aspect to their rivalry, though - McMahon was the boss of the company, and thus had influence over the careers of both Austin and his co-workers, which overall gave him the upper-hand in the rivalry, even if Austin was physically stronger. Without going into the dynamics of it too much and explaining why it resonated so strongly with the audience (blue-collar, salt of the Earth everyman vs. his evil, megalomaniac boss that had no appreciation for the work he put in), that McMahon wasn't a physical threat to Austin didn't diminish how effective of a storyline it proved to be and was just a smaller part of a larger conflict.

That Batman is physically stronger than Joker is just one aspect of their dynamic, and is more emblematic of a much larger clash in ethos than indicative of their relationship in its entirety.

Have there been any characters from comics that had their origins in wrestling? I can only think of Spider-man.

But did you see how fucking ripped McMahon was when he started his feud with Austin?

Undertaker in his prime vs Joker then. WITH Undertaker's kayfabe powers in place.

The Joker pulls out a gun and shoots him in the face. Checkmate.

Can't kill the deadman.

I know stomach stabbings are fucking brutal but when you get stabbed in the aorta, you're absolutely fucking done unless you reach down there and pinch the fucker but even then you better be praying to whatever god you believe in.
The survival odds of being stabbed in the intestines and stomach increases your odd because it's the bleeding that'll most likely kill you.
Knowing Joker and how fast his reflexes are and uncanny nature to know shit, you'd think he'd cut and stab you at multiple places before you laid your hands on him.

>Joker pulls out gun
>shoots
>Undertaker falls down
>slowly sits back up with out using his arms
>lights dim
>Undertaker rolls his eyes back into his head and looks at Joker
>Joker flips out
>Undertaker gets up
>Gives Joker the Last Ride
>Then a Tomb Stone
>tosses Joker's knocked out body into a coffin
>buries him alive.
>Paul Bearer goes 'OOOOOOH YEEEEES, MY UNDERTAKER THE URN'
>Undertaker gets on his knee
>holds hand to the Urn
>Lights come out of it
>explosions and sparks rain down

Check mate.

>ctrl+f
>Bane
>Zero results

Attached: 1493552507050.png (281x489, 299K)

Can Warner even pull off that crossover?

We talking big luchadore Bane or Posh British Bane?

WWE vs DC
>Batman with Sting and Undertaker
>Million Dollar Man Ted DeBiase teams up with Lex Luthor

Yeah, but it was never a factor in the storyline. Austin was an actual wrestler, and McMahon was never portrayed as a physical threat - he needed other wrestlers to take out Austin first, he couldn't beat him in a one-on-one match.

>Lobo meets Machoman

Ever since that Scooby Doo crossover, I guess that could work.

Wouldn't half of the wrestlers be meta humans? Like, Jake the Snake Roberts talks to snakes.

Wait, does that mean wrestlers are actually superhuman when they converge with DC?
Do they become like Ultimate Muscle?

>Andre the Giant vs Giganta

Some would be just people who are slightly stronger. A tier above like, Two-Face.
Like, do you expect Duke 'THE DUMPSTER' or REPOMAN to be viable villains?

Yes, I'd also feel like their finishers would be exaggerated to gigantic proportions.

I would expect Powerbombs and Doomsday Devices to actually destroy the very ground they would be standing on.

>TripleH gets Joker into a pedigree
>slams him through the fucking pavement

Joker is the Joker for a reason. When he fights, hes like a Joker card.. wild, unpredictable. He doesn't need super physical prowess or even martial arts training for that matter. The way he naturally is makes him slippery to deal with, and his offense appears irrational, but it also works because of that.

Joker cards are generally unused...

They already seem metahumans in WWE universe or whatever promotion they work for.

In the 80's, that was just the pure cocaine they snorted that made them seem metahuman.

In the 90s, you had Papa Shango, Undertaker, Kane, Sting.

Is the dumbass OP trying to say that Bane should be Bat's main villain? Funny joke!

what was the last good modern joker story anyway

Sometimes it seems like the effort to make Joker a more psychological nemesis started because his other strengths aren't that impressive, so how else do you justify the relationship? And once that started taking hold, writers assumed he had to kick ass at the same time, since like you said a archnemesis who can get smacked around isn't very cool.

I know Yea Forums is going to harass me on this but Batman: Endgame.

please tell me you dont like death of the family?

Gamer girl pee?

What would you do to me if I said I did?

That Paul Dini Christmas issue

Because Batman is all about a rich white man's power fantasy where he runs in fetish gear beating up homeless old mentally handicapped aslyum escapees.

>every villain has to be a super strong menace otherwise they suck
Let me guess, you think Bane is the best fucking villain ever and that the only good Batman villains were created after the 90s

>Regeneration: Joker's spine contains the chemical compound Dionesium within it. This allows Joker to recover from injuries at an accelerated rate. He was able to regenerate his face after it was cut off, and instantly heal from a lethal gunshot.

Power creep, not even once.

Oh so Joker's deadpool now.

Bet you think Posh 'FOR YOU' Bane is the best bane.

youtube.com/watch?v=mFNlu5b6PPg

I think Bane sucks and that he is the safe option for writers who can't write compelling characters or intellectual threats so they fall back on nothing but musclebound action or plot armor.
Which is what people like OP seem to think is all villains should be like to constitute a threat.