Lantern Thread

Honestly, I kinda just wanna post some Lantern related content for everyone who's interested to enjoy or angry to rant at.

But I do have some questions that could be fun to discuss.

- What are all the unique interactions of the spectrum? Like I know that Blue Lanterns don't work without Greens around and in turn a Blue Lantern makes a Green Lantern stronger, but what else is there?

- What ring do you think would most likely approach you?

- Are there characters that you feel could come back as lanterns themselves as a way to bring them back into the spot light?

- Is there anything addressing the fact that there's like seven goddamn Green Lanterns from Earth now? As far as I can tell Jordon, Gardner, Stewart, Rayner, Baz, and Cruz are all active now at the same time.

- Who's your favorite lantern and why?

- What's your favorite lantern related moment?

Attached: 1261833587582.jpg (1280x1024, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hoQLlgQQN4A
comicattack.net/2017/05/28/character-spotlight-john-stewart/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i love guy because hes the first red head hero i found plus its fucking space police
i dont have much to say this is mostly a bump

Attached: thattimeconstantinerapedhal.png (695x231, 323K)

The number of Earth Lanterns is a non issue because there are never more than 2 of them on Earth at a time, and they're all mostly out in deep space doing shit. The only reason why sector 2814 has more lanterns hailed from it is because Earth is a shit neighborhood cranking out potential recruits

Attached: Hal Jordan Green Lantern.jpg (1920x2485, 441K)

>Is there anything addressing the fact that there's like seven goddamn Green Lanterns from Earth now?

Earth is the center of the DC Multiverse.

Everything happens around Earth. It's no surprise that more troops are deployed to a hot-bed of activity.

Attached: 1256864092936.jpg (1280x1978, 624K)

Does DC ever do these sorts of things anymore? Does anybody?

Attached: 1256865563522.jpg (1280x1963, 661K)

Attached: 1330031386608.jpg (1280x1986, 538K)

How did you guys feel about Green Lantern the Animated Series?

Do you still feel that way?

Attached: 1337993579338.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

I haven't watched it since it originally aired, but I enjoyed it quite a bit and was immensely disappointed it never got a second season. It unfortunately never had the fandom Young Justice has and the late '00s to early '10s Green Lantern boom is long gone, so I can't see it getting a revival on DC Universe. Oh well.

Attached: 1350882777403.png (500x1250, 587K)

Attached: tumblr_m6mhwfsbOB1qzidaoo1_1280.jpg (1249x1920, 533K)

Attached: sp-tni229.png (800x313, 237K)

- I know yellow is an old gl weakness so I feel yellow had a slight advantage over green in combat. Manhunters probably have a harder time finding indigo in my head cannon simply because they are the most deadpan and used to be murderers and seem so calm and serene etc. red lanterns just seem like the strongest on paper to me. Maybe that’s not true. Though, this is just opinion type things.

- I want green but probably blue would be most likely to seek me out.

- If anything a d list villain should join a corp. maybe brother blood or hives leader gets a yellow one.

- Jordan should be green, Gardner should be red or just be warrior again, Stewart should be indigo, Rayner can be white, Baz should become evil in a event maybe become red or yellow and Cruz should be green maybe change to blue in some kind of event. Any new lanterns shouldn’t be green and if they are from earth id like them joining literally any other Corp.

I grew up with Kyle and I like his nerdy constructs. Favorite lantern overall is sinestro. I Respect Hal and like guy but they not my favorites. Always thought John was cool but kind of boring and baz seems kind of lame. Jessica ok so far.

- Probably else worlds when supes becomes a lantern or when sinestro Corp war battle starts pure craziness. Love the time Hal left his ring in the locker and was in jail really highlights his craziness and recklessness.

It started off meh and gradually got better and better then stopped because no one wanted toys. Never really liked the art style. Makes me sad gl wasn’t a popular and funny space buddy cop movie that introduced sinestro as a great hero and villain.

We DID get Green Lantern: First Flight, which was essentially PG-13 "Training Day" in space.

LET'S SEE SOME STAR SAPPHIRE UP IN THIS BITCH

Attached: 1501194498081.jpg (1347x2048, 117K)

I liked the first half but the second half was pretty lame save for the episode where their rings run out of juice, that one was great.

What do you guys think of the Morrison run? I'm kinda enjoying it, but i didn't really read anything lantern related before.

Explain to me Kyle Rayner and Hal apparently killing everybody once upon a time in the 90s

Attached: 1188598944254.jpg (1280x1920, 509K)

Attached: Green_Lantern_Supergirl_flirting.jpg (683x1024, 328K)

sector 2814 does crank out an incredible amount of human lanterns.. What planets are in that sector where humans are the ones with the strongest will?
Keeping in mind that planets, insects and germs have all had a ring at one point or another.. How do you even measure willpower?

Atrocitus will always be my Favorite Lantern, he has a feeling backstory, a reason of why his actions, and awesome design

Attached: images (4).jpg (530x298, 25K)

Within the confines of the GL book? Being able to create and maintain these constructs.

Bumping.

>What planets are in that sector
I want the answer to this aswell...

I miss Carol

Attached: tumblr_npumobKTon1riu867o7_1280.jpg (765x1152, 1.27M)

Attached: Til Death 01.jpg (1200x1600, 549K)

Attached: Til Death 02.png (1200x1600, 496K)

I loved Guy’s chemistry with Jaime. Shame it’s never expanded upon

I never liked the Warrior persona, having him go Red if you absolutely need him to not be green is for the best imo. I also felt that Jessica should have stayed as Power Ring, but been granted honorary green lantern status (plus the Corp could always keep tabs on te ring)

Still sad no S2. I liked it a lot more than YJ.
>you will never see Razer become a Blue Lantern

Keep human shits out of reds.

where would they even have gone from that season.. I mean Aya taking on the anti monitor or whatever it was (this might be wrong.. it has been a while since I saw the show)

Teen Lantern

that is all

I feel like i would have either a Blue or a Yellow Lantern,i'm the person with the most hope for my future but each day i get scared of it

Attached: ()47411060_p8().jpg (947x1000, 259K)

Attached: 1218080831235.jpg (800x1191, 886K)

Attached: 1390571-assguy.jpg (1068x631, 210K)

Why the fuck would the Guardians let her keep the ring and not ask Hal or one of earths other five lanterns to confiscate it?

Attached: 1366000702994.png (1944x1474, 1.06M)

Attached: Green_Lantern_Civil_Rights_01.jpg (806x768, 104K)

Attached: 1234529816131.png (439x473, 295K)

Attached: 1234810516734.jpg (524x786, 297K)

Attached: 1323712930076.jpg (1280x1966, 513K)

Attached: 1351168285453.jpg (620x493, 87K)

I was just saying if you HAD to get him out of greens I’d prefer red over Warrior. fundementally I agree with you, Reds are cooler without the humans. Guy’s arc with the Reds was cool but better as a one off that gets mentioned every so often

Attached: d5eb42766bf3f4c1a6516275cb58beb5b85356f9.png (2000x2740, 3.68M)

Attached: glsignwc8.jpg (633x933, 178K)

Because Bendis

Attached: bZz2KOu.png (680x1057, 1011K)

Attached: gl_hardcore_by_bobbyrubio-d5e3d2p.jpg (900x582, 169K)

>What are all the unique interactions of the spectrum? Like I know that Blue Lanterns don't work without Greens around and in turn a Blue Lantern makes a Green Lantern stronger, but what else is there?

White is the strongest. Hard counters everything else. Also creates permanent constructs. No real downside. Basically super OP.

Black is the second strongest. Hard counters everything except white. Only real downside is it might turn you into a lich.

Blue is the strongest of the normal colors. Hard counters everything except white and black, and basically has an infinite charge. Downside is it needs a Green Lantern nearby to be able to do anything at all.

Orange is the second strongest normal color. Hard counters everything except white, black, and blue. Can absorb the charge of other colors. Constructs are capable of acting autonomously. Downside is that there's only one, and you basically become the center of a hive mind, with all the usual hive mind weaknesses.

Red is the third strongest of the normal colors. Hard counters violet, yellow, and green. Downside is you can't really make constructs, just light acid that dissolves stuff.

Indigo can channel other nearby colors, and has all the strengths and weaknesses of the color it's channeling. Main drawback is that it's can't do much when isolated from other colors.

Violet isn't known to counter anything specifically. Mostly unique because it can create crystal formations in addition to normal constructs.

Yellow soft counters green, but veterans can work around it using a psychological trick. Yellow rings will start leaking their charge if a Blue Lantern is nearby.

Green has infinite charge if a Blue Lantern is nearby, but is otherwise the weakest.

>What ring do you think would most likely approach you?

Realistically, none of them, since I would be competing with trillions of other sapient lifeforms. If for some reason I needed to be chosen by a ring, then probably yellow. Maybe orange, but the whole point of orange is that there's only one.

>Are there characters that you feel could come back as lanterns themselves as a way to bring them back into the spot light?

No, if the Corps start recruiting characters who already existed in some other context, it would make the universe feel too small and incestuous. Better to keep it as a vehicle for introducing new characters, preferably aliens.

>Is there anything addressing the fact that there's like seven goddamn Green Lanterns from Earth now? As far as I can tell Jordon, Gardner, Stewart, Rayner, Baz, and Cruz are all active now at the same time.

Sort of. During the War of the Green Lanterns arc, Krona says that the fact that so many Green Lantern rings keep choosing humans is proof that humans are starting to evolve into a species with a natural connection to the emotional spectrum, just as his own species (the Maltusians) gained when they evolved into the Guardians of the Universe. And this was BEFORE Simon and Jessica.

>Who's your favorite lantern and why?

Probably Bizarro Hal Jordan. I'm a sucker for Bizarro stuff.

>What's your favorite lantern related moment?

I guess when Bizarro Hal Jordan's ring yanked him into outer space against his will after he ignored the instructions to go to boot camp multiple times.

I wish the Blue Lanterns had their own ongoing. Saint Walker meeting and training new lanterns and making the universe a brighter place would be amazing.

Hal is the worst superhero to make this point to, he mostly battles things literally out of this world and saves *everyone* in the process. This is like giving the Silver Surfer shit for not specifically saving Japanese people when he got Galactus to not eat Earth.

>
- What are all the unique interactions of the spectrum?

First thing, the light affects the user, think ROYGBIV, green is in the middle and affects the user the least, the rings are more mind altering the further out you go.

Ring basic abilities: built-in AI, personal shield/environmental protection, flight, sensor suite, space travel

Red: Can destroy the constructs of everyone but Blue. Can actually hurt Black Lanterns. The ring replaces the user's heart and makes it lethal to take off the ring, also why the users are normally berserkers. There are special blood seas (blood magic) that can give Red Lanterns their minds back and allow them to make constructs as otherwise they are limited to red acid sprays.

Orange: Only single Lantern at a time (Agent Orange) with all past lanterns and their victims creating "the Corp" as sentient constructs. Leaves the user feeling constantly unfilled and requiring more stuff, which gets absorbed/stored in the battery. Can absorb the energy of the other lanterns. Blue can make an Orange user sane and feel fulfilled.

Yellow: Functionally identical to Green but with improved combat effectiveness vs Green. Blue reduced charge on Yellow rings

Green: Basic lantern, blue supercharges their rings. Ring abilities + constructs

I've stayed awake and didn't eat anything for a week while doing a construction job. Green is probably the ring I'd get.

Attached: Hal Jordan, the racist 2.jpg (969x1408, 318K)

Point still stands though.

>spectrum continued

Blue: Require Green lantern present to use all abilities beyond basic ring abilities. Can channel the hope of all nearby beings to re-write reality. Constructs can affect the emotional state of other beings.

Indigo: Re-writes users brain to force them to feel empathy and compassion for others. Can harness the power of the other Lanterns nearby allowing for super-powered attacks. Bound to follow the will of their lanterns/leader

Violet: Re-writes user's brain to channel their love/hate in "positive" ways, effects depend on current leader, I believe Carol eliminated this effect. Can create crystalline constructs and find people by following "the ties that bind." Constructs can affect the mental state of targets.

Black: Gives life to the dead. Eats the energy of other's but can be overpowered by a sufficiently intense burst of a particular spectrum emotion or the combined energies of multiple colors. Lanterns are able to regenerate from damage.

White: Unity of all colors except Black. Can resurrect the dead/heal any injury. Can generally re-write reality as it sees fit and grants extended lifespan. Usage of powers reduces this extended lifespan until lantern passes from doing good deeds and is guaranteed a good afterlife.

That as a live action movie would be legit

>as far as I know, there has never been a Martian GL

Attached: Green_Lantern_34.jpg (640x971, 530K)

Is Nekron the Death of Emotion?
I don't buy Captain Atoms explanation and the Death of Emotion would fit nicely considering who goes up against.

i like the red lanterns :)

You'd think Morrison would use her more since he has a boner for old GL stuff

What ever happened to his relationship with the underage space elf?

>but is otherwise the weakest.
The upside is that it's stable, flexible in use, and doesn't fuck with your mind.
Most of these also apply to Blue, but it has the drawback of being near useless by itself.

They sort of fell apart when Hal went crazy and killed most of the Corp, leaving her stranded in space without a ring.
Then she hooked up with Sodom Yat.

So do Lanterns actually need to focus on constructs after they've made them? I think Kyle has made a long lasting one and even a permanent one, Sinestro has even made a permanent ring for Hal, and Alan made a giant space station that he sits in which I assume he doesn't have to focus on.

>stayed awake and didn't eat anything for a week
Trying to qualify for that Black Lantern ring I see.

Forgot this which is the most recent example I think.

Attached: _da5s8FTi9Jxktx56mQognj4BdcKnpt9n10IHKyc5ymLRnQELIB7eT-PU5lWzt5H0nlXOZDyoJ38=s0.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

God this run was good, it just wasn't the same after dogfucker left.

Is Soranik still evil. Im kind of still mad about that.

Attached: 431px-SoranikNatu.jpg (431x736, 84K)

>after dogfucker left
Who the heck is dogfucker?

Last I recall she was leading the Sinestro Corps and doing good in the universe. Did something happen?

Kyle was a retard, she got all PMSy and her core fucked off to go do whatever.

Sam Humphries, he got the nickname after writing Our Love Is Real.

Is it because he killed their future son?

That was probably related

>- Is there anything addressing the fact that there's like seven goddamn Green Lanterns from Earth now?
>Earth is the center of the DC Multiverse.

In addition, it's also the cradle/womb of the white Life Entity which gives it an extra degree of importance for ringslingers. Whether it's deliberate or not, it could be a factor in why rings tend to choose so many beings from Earth.

Morrisons current run would have been a lot more interesting if it was about this nigger solving a huge crime in space while traversing through the cosmic landscape instead of the usual boring silver age Hal Jordan wank that DC keeps publishing.

Speaking of which, why do they keep cucking John Stewarts character? All he does is talk about war and xanshi in the comics. He was so bad ass in JLU and YJ, what the fuck happened?

Oh and if any of you GL anons have good John Stewart recs let me know

Attached: Green_Lantern_Corps_Aftermath_of_War_of_The_Green_Lanterns-61_Cover-2_Teaser.jpg (400x600, 77K)

Cruz as a Blue lantern is a neat idea, although I don't know enough about the character. Wasn't her deal being a shut in, afraid of everything? Sounds like a candidate to find great hope

Literally no one cares for John you tard

>2011 Ryan Goseling movie shits the bed because the general public is confused as to why The Green Lantern is white

>2013 Internet has a melt down because Johns trys to kill John Stewart the GL that everyone grew up with in order to keep shilling his mary sue

>Popular writer quits DC over plans

>Injustice comes out and the FGC keeps asking for the black GL

>Johns is forced to add negro lantern to the next movie

Hal fags needed to die along side with him. Kyle, Guy, and John a much better trio

Yes, which is why the Guardians chose it to be the basis of their police organization.

The other colors are more powerful, but also make the wielder erratic, which is counterproductive to the ideals of law and order that the Guardians wish to promote.

>Literally the one GL that casuals know about

>Nobody cares about him

I think you're the retard here user

Attached: e45.png (680x499, 1.4M)

>Opinions of casuals matter
What a clown fiesta this is huh.

Justice because he was on the Justice League cartoon doesn't mean he's popular with casuals.

Think of the empty void of space as being like the inside of a creature's body.

Now imagine that everything within that space, the stars, the planets, and all the living beings, are germs that have infected that body.

When a body is infected by a foreign entity, it's immune system creates white blood cells to kill the infection.

That's what Nekron is. The universe's immune system.

Attached: Nekron's Origin.jpg (1038x1600, 586K)

Was Rebirth any good? I dropped pretty much all GL related stuff somewhere during New 52 mostly because of Venditti. Did he do the entire Rebirth run?

I should probably get around to reading Morrisons run.

Hal fags are so delusional. Holy shit.

Casuals and Comicbook fans alike have been fan casting this Idris Elba as John Stewart for the last 11 years

JLU fans have been asking for him to be placed on the JL since the new 52

Casuals grew up with him and prefer him over Hal.

Hals movie fucking tanked and it sucked. Sinestro looked like an absolute retard.

People still want John and Kyle over Hal despite DC sabotaging both for their Silver Age Mary sue. Get over it, most people think Hal and his MCU tier quips are boring as fuck. Jesus Christ, off yourselves. Geoffs writing a shit

Attached: 1555214965040.png (624x680, 223K)

Does Nekron not feel tired?
I mean he has to do this for an infinity.

Sinestro wasn’t that bad.
Mark Strong really looked like Sinestro.
Is it because his moustache wasn’t as luxurious?
The suit was all bad though.

>Comicbook fans want John to be GL
Sure they do reddit-kun. Also saying Hal isn't popular is untrue since the reason why GL even got a movie in the first place was because of the popularity of his book.

Tbh when I first read first read Green Lantern (it was Hals Origin story) and I was like “Where’s John”. Over time as I read more comics I knew who Hal, Guy and Kyle were.
There will probably come a time when Normalfags will like Hal, it just takes some getting used to because of how insanely popular John was.

As we've seen in a few of the stories he appeared in, Nekron can be temporarily exhausted and banished back to his black dimension, where he must recover for a time before he can attack again. I suppose we could consider that to be his version of "feeling tired".

Are there any different forms Nekron takes?

He doesn't really do shapeshifting or anything like that, though he did receive a pretty drastic redesign in Blackest Night.

OG Nekron was a kaiju-sized brown skeleton with freaky exposed eyeballs. He had a big disco collar around his neck, but was otherwise naked.

Post-redesign, he's a lot smaller (though still very large compared to a human). His colors are more dark grey and black to match his role in the emotional spectrum, and he wears more clothes. He traded in the disco collar for a metal choker.

Based Hal triggering niggers. Green Lanterns will always be for white man.

did you post this from 2009?

Hmmm... Could Nekron work as a mainstay Lantern Villain?

*In movies because he could be a really big threat.

Hal a cute.

Too strong I think, his appearance in Tales (?) had him summon every dead person in the deadzone to fight the GL corps and in turn Hal summons all the dead GLs to fight Nekron, was kino af

Whats a Deadzone?
I never get DC afterlives, like theres Hell, Hades, your chosen specific afterlife but now theres a Deadzone? How does this fit in cosmologically?
Also could you post an pic of this “Deadzone”?

Nekron's home domain. Its never really specified what is the deadzone perse since when Hal and Sinestro "died" they went there and saw Tomar-re. Don't got no scans on me right now to post pics

The cast was fine. The suit and story were bad. Probably shouldn’t have used hector Hammond first

Who? Mongul?

I think Hector was okay but idk why they pushed for Parallax. Mongul would be pretty cool villain you gotta admit for a GL movie, fits him too since dude is yellow and he has the space conqueror theme

Who would you actually cast if you were given the rights to make a new GL movie?
What story would you base it off?

Well I fucking suck at casting but I'd get Armie Hammer to be Hal and get Mongul as the main villain, He sets up War World on Earth, challenges GL and Hal loses because Mongul is a fucking powerhouse + he a yellownigga, Mongul sets to conquer earth while Hal gets a training montage or whatever and he and Killowog,Tomar-Tu and Sinestro help Hal beat Mongul and the plot twist is that the people maintaining War World are Qwardians and Sinestro captures a bunch of em to work on the yellow ring

AW sweet, nice ending!
Sinestro needs more love sometimes man.
Do you like his origin? Where he becomes a dictator and loses his wife?

>In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight!
>Guess that means we have to watch the Ryan Reynolds movie.
>OHOHOHOHO!

Attached: statler and waldorf.jpg (1024x768, 86K)

Well it depends on the origin I guess but I guess you're referring to the most recent one but yeah I like it and his downfall mirrors what the corps is also facing since Sinestro became a dictator because Korugar was such a shithole and arguably did improve upon it but he became a dictator and it does mirror the corps with the old guardians being inept and generally lazy thats why he has so much disdain for them since he can see the parallel of the stagnation of the Corp to what happened to his homeplanet. Original Sinestro origin story was just him being an evil dick

Who replaced Sinestro after he got booted out of the Corps? His daughter?

> What ring do you think would most likely approach you?
Orange, maybe blue
> Are there characters that you feel could come back as lanterns themselves as a way to bring them back into the spot light?
It's hard to say. I don't want a bunch of other human lanterns, but at the same time there aren't a ton of alien characters that are interesting enough to promote to lantern. Many/most already have been (unless you want to go digging through the bins of the 70s or earlier).
> Is there anything addressing the fact that there's like seven goddamn Green Lanterns from Earth now? As far as I can tell Jordon, Gardner, Stewart, Rayner, Baz, and Cruz are all active now at the same time.
Not sure if there's a canonical reason for this, but I don't think there are any rules against it. Generally speaking, Earth is the center of most galactic catastrophes (which is probably due to writer bias, but whatever).
> Who's your favorite lantern and why?
Mogo, because Mogo
> What's your favorite lantern related moment?
Lex Luthor as an orange lantern

Attached: 1393628050389.jpg (413x368, 251K)

No. Katmui Tui. John's wife who died. It was also hilarious since when she became GL she wanted to quit because she wanted to get married so Hal tricked her into thinking she loved being a GL more and then when Hal quit being a GL to be with Carol she threw a fit rofl.

>GL she wanted to quit because she wanted to get married so Hal tricked her into thinking she loved being a GL more and then when Hal quit being a GL to be with Carol she threw a fit rofl.
Wow, did the writers adress that in future runs? Also is she dead or missing or something? Because ai rarely hear that name.
Nice list user but why greed?

Yeah she died. Carol when she was overrun by Star Sapphire persona gutted her like a fish. She mellowed out when she got that BBC from John. She usually shows up in issues with John since she was his one true love and shit so everytime John Flash backs its always either a flashback of Katma or him blowing up a planet

Wait John blew up a planet?
Since when?

Damn brother how new are you.

>current year poster
of course Hal fags have these kinds of retards in their mix.

the next film has already announced that they're going to use both Hal and John because literally no one gives a shit about Hal Jordan other than you obnoxious faggots. Without John Stewart the IP is going to shit the bed again. The only ones who care about repackaged classic Barry Allen is you guys. Everyone else thinks he's boring as fuck but his stories are decent. He's literally interchangeable Kek.

Even Geoff knows that the series is fucked if they dont include John

Attached: everything-about-upcoming-green-lantern-movie-by-geoff-johns-AT-1.jpg (700x400, 103K)

I’m a reintroduced comic reader (Normalfag).
I got into Johns run a few years ago but I quit reading comics after a while.
I got back after my friends told me to watch the Flash so I wanna catch up and see what I missed.

John indirectly had Xanshi blown up in Odyssey because he was reckless (People keep saying its out of character for John but John was a reckless fucker too back then) and he also killed Mogo when in darkest night

I always thought Orange was the strongest seeing as how the entire corp rivals the others, but is comprised of literally one member.

Read Cosmoc Oddessey and Blackest Night. He's done it more than twice now

I mean technically it is the strongest just because one member has full access to their core battery.
No one cares for John bud, learn to accept that

> Why greed
Process of elimination, mostly. If I take a step back from myself and look at myself critically, none of the other lanterns reflect how I view myself. Effectively all my actions are self-serving. I hoard my savings, I cut off my relationships if they don't directly benefit me, I never pay for anything I can get for free, etc.

Which I acknowledge isn't the most attractive trait, but it's pragmatic. The only big inconsistencies I'd see are that I don't collect physical objects just for the sake of it (must have a pragmatic end, or collect ideas/experiences/digital goods/etc), and that in the lore there's only really one true orange lantern (the rest being slaves).

I didn’t pick up anything below the 90s.

Because it wasn't Parallax. It was Legion they redubbed into Parallax at the last minute. The film was an Emerald Dawn adaptation.

>The film was an Emerald Dawn adaptation.
Didn't feel like it at all.

I'm not saying it was good, I'm saying that was what it started out as. It certainly didn't take any ideas from Secret Origin.

Exactly, the movies will be able to adapt all of John’s great stories like........ sorry I’m drawing a blank here.

They’ll use Hals story and replace him with John. Origins also replaced but the plot of the story is the same.

Ah Yes John Stewart the Pilot.

Hals really not all that unique. Outside of the Parallax stuff he's practically interchangeable. His reboot turned him into a pastiche of every other human lantern by taking what makes them unique and forming it into one giant overshadowing mary sue that we have today. I still like Hal but thats just the truth, prior to GJs rebooting him and making him the Alpha amongst the Betas he had the personality of an ironing board in the older comics. Outside of him being a fuck up, he really wasn't that interesting until he stole the other human lanterns
"thing" and began overshadowing them

No his origin doesn’t gets replaced.
He was a sniper and one day after coming back from Iraq or whatever he got a ring from the GL.
Just say Jordan fucked off somewhere or got injured and its up to John to prevent the Darkstars or other GL villains like Krona from coming back.

Bring back the Darkstars

I'm curious about some opinions myself
>was destroying the corps and making Kyle to only latern good idea?
>was going back on that and rebuilding the crops a good idea?
>was bringing Hal a good idea?
>was the emotional spectrum a good idea?
>was making Guardians evil a good idea?
>was bringing them back a good idea?
>which dynamics between Hal and Sinestro do you prefer: mortal enemies with absolute contempt for each other or tragic friends that can never see eye to eye on what justice is?

Attached: sinestro-and-jordan-friends[1].jpg (1877x907, 523K)

Johns got some good stories, they just depend on the GL brand already being established. Before Kyle, John was the one with a chip on his shoulder at not being able to live up to Hal's reputation and being stuck in his shadow. His romance with Katma is what got him out of that funk and her death put him back in there. Mosaic was where he really became his own character and the MUHRINES ruined what made him a good character.

There's dozens of iconic John stories. Like that time he quit because he wanted to be architect but was forced back, or that time he quit because his girlfriend died but he was forced back, or that time he wanted to quit because his other girlfriend died but she was a squid so he came back, or a prequel about him being in the army and wanting to quit because he didn't like his commanding officer but then he took command.

The movie's tagline could be "He could've been an architect".

What other color lanterns do besides fight each others?

In a recent Flash comic there was a throwaway cult worshipping Nekron, that could get some mileage.

Mongul would be great if you're setting up a franchise. Have him get his shit kicked in then a few movies later he destroys Coast City.

They did. Christ Yea Forums really doesn’t read

I can see why people hate it, but I personally really like the emotional spectrum. It's a pretty cool idea that can be used for many different stories, even if it often isn't, and it has given us some good characters. But I also think that many writers don't handle it particularly well.

>guardians
It feels like they've always been somewhat evil? We're talking about a race who decided that they know better than everyone else in the known universe and that they should enforce their own rules on everyone with their own private police force. It's not a good position.

I think they should have stayed dead, it would have been interesting to see how the GLC coped with that.

>which dynamics between Hal and Sinestro
Tragic friends, mostly. They hate each other to some degree, but there's too much understanding in their relationship for them to truly hate each other. And it probably becomes even more murky once Hal comes back from his time as Parallax and realises just how close he is to the path Sinestro took.

No they fucking didnt

Then what the hell is this?

Attached: B5A6A658-5B53-421B-91C3-3394CE9D792C.jpg (1280x1968, 676K)

>LOOK AT THIS COMIC FROM NOT THIS YEAR THIS DEFINITELY COUNTS

fucking retard

It was just last year you fucking sperg

I just want some more OP Kyle stories

Attached: 2871547-green_lantern.jpg (455x700, 185K)

Fuck Kyle

Even if you are saying it needs to be from this year, Morrisons "Blackstars" are just the Darkstars with a name change. They still have Masers and a Controller leading them.

>unique interactions of the spectrum

Quite a bit actually.
Blue and Indigo have the most interactions.
>Red
The leftover flames/lavablood from the red lanterns causes rage on those in contact with it. Even green lanterns struggle to have the will power to not go into a riot. Red are all rage fueled so most of them actually cannot make constructs out of their energy. Also the red lanterns ring replaced the wearer's heart, beating and pumping blood instead which means anyone who put on a red ring are stuck with it until death.
>Orange
Orange is the only one with sentient constructs. Most constructs are from forms/beings absorbed. Even other lanterns can be killed and absorbed becoming construct slaves to the orange lantern. There is only one lantern user since Larfleeze is too greedy to share his lantern with anyone.
>Yellow
Fear based, mostly in influencing fear. Since fear/yellow are the weakness for Green Lanterns they're known to break through GL constructs easily. GLs require to overcome their fears to hold back yellow.
>Green
Will power based. Being the center of the spectrum (like being center of the 7 color spectrum) the ring has no influence on the user and goes only on their power to use it.

It came out less than a year ago you absolute fucking dipshit

>Blue
Almost like an internal affairs, Blue counteracts a lot of the negative colors. It is the only way to remove a red lanterns ring without killing them. It has a soothing aura that quelches an orange lantern's constant hunger, and it drains yellow lantern rings. It also supercharges GL rings. It is the most powerful ring color, but has the drawback of being the smallest lantern corps (only 1 per sector and recruitment is by hand so at biggest their numbers were less than 100), and requiring most of their powers to be unlocked by Green lanterns (as hopes are empty without the will to achieve them).
>Indigo
Originally the most mysterious group. Indigo was designed by a former GL who became obsessed with a prophecy and created the corps to help survive it. They speak an unstranslateable language and can teleport instantly anywhere (faster than even the speed warping other rings do for interstellar travel). They also have the ability to absorb and copy all other ring powers, as their compassion understands the emotions of others.
>Violet
The star sapphires were a former villain who used the extreme influence of love to create desired beings to crystalize and preserve the love. They are able to track people through tethers of love and while they have calmed their power down to a parasite that possessed the user, they still use the crystals to influence new recruits from females of other lantern corps.

There are also Black Lanterns, which were rings made to possess dead bodies and use their memories to cause emotional influence to bring about the apocalypse.
And white lanterns, which were a special group for using all the color spectrum at once which was a powerful enough to even ressurect the dead.

Kyle got to be space Jesus like 2-4 times already.

>was destroying the corps and making Kyle to only lantern good idea?
Not bad for a new hero’s origin story, but they were too fast

>was going back on that and rebuilding the corps a good idea?
Yes

>was bringing Hal a good idea?
Yup

Yes, but they didn’t use it creatively

>was making Guardians evil a good idea?
I think not
Scar was good, but all of them being evil was too much

>was bringing them back a good idea?
Yes

>which dynamics between Hal and Sinestro do you prefer: mortal enemies with absolute contempt for each other or tragic friends that can never see eye to eye on what justice is?
Tragic friends, but I love both

The series was great.
GLs actually made constructs instead of just beams and bubbles 24/7.
They did simplify things a lot to make it easier in animating and in story. Like Kilowog mostly did hammers, Larfleeze kept making Glomulos constructs, etc.
And of course they COMPLETELY toned down the Red Lanterns from being the edgy stuff they are in comics to the point of making a whole new lantern oath.

If you mix blue and yellow by wearing both rings, do you get green then?

Yeah he's badass. The Red Lanterns comic wasn't the best, but honestly there were some good stories in there.
Especially some of the red lantern character ideas. Like the Judge one or a guy who repressed all his anger making him the first RL to still have his will to make constructs besides Atrocitus.

Imo the corps should be waaay bigger. They are to patrol the universe so literally every planet should have several GLs recruted.
I want an Oa to the brim full with Space Cops.

Remember the awesome Green/Yellow Corp alliance Kyle ruined?

The corps did increase, I mean it only used to be 3 thousand something since they only had 1 GL a sector and then they made it 2 GLs a sector now we have 7 thousand also too many GLs is bad because the chance of them getting a bad egg increases.

Well there is uncharted areas outside the 6300 sector.
Hell considering the universe constantly expanding and how long ago GLs were made, the 6300 sectors could be like a gated community to the unknown space out there.

Bruce Wayne and Waynetech should be in charge of the Yellow Ring energy as a pre-emptive Fear Powered intergalactic pan-dimensional detective agency.

Attached: Forever-Evil-4-cover-A-preview-spoilers.jpg (715x1100, 491K)

Leave my boi Kyle, Soranik was the bitch

Yeah except Sinestro would never allow it.
And while Wayne is a genius, he's never had the tech or powersource to make a lantern ring.

Nothing ever came to it, Supposedly Parallax found his way to Soranik but Vendetti left the book.

I know there's a "teen lantern" and shit but the truth of the matter is that power rings are tech above tech and figuring out how the technology works is far above what anyone can comprehend. Fuck Bendis with that gayass TeenLantern shit.

Sorry Mongul doesn't bust through Harlem every other week. Hey, while Hal's cleaning up slums maybe all the cops in their neighborhood should go out into space and fight Sinestro in his place.

I would like to see a true Brightest Day conclusion akin to this video youtube.com/watch?v=hoQLlgQQN4A
I want the lanterns come together without one super threat and then back to rainbow wars.
>Green is most numerous and all rounder and do standart cop things
>Blue and Pink and Indigo are resucue workers after desasters and the like
>Yellow batman'es villians
>Reds are the punishers
>Indigo run prison and stuff, but not litereally everyone there is converted and not the entire indigos should be made up of criminals
>Agent Orange guards all the too dangerous for the universe shit that usually amasses

Attached: 1497911553501.jpg (600x450, 109K)

>Earth is the center of the multiverse
>Earth is where life began
>Earth is where most important cosmic events end up happening
I genuinely hate this. Makes the universe feel so much smaller.

Red is a revenge squad out to destroy oa, lanterns, manhunters and guardian related things

Orange is one has precious and weird undead genie army

Yellow is sinestro defense force basically

Green guardians space cops

Blue is like greens side kicks / medics mixed with space monks

Indigo is like a ex psycho tribe support group

violet is basically a space kingdom and prison run by the zamorons

White is op god like creator Kyle Stuff

Black is op lich nekron zombie stuff

>- What ring do you think would most likely approach you?
Even then, I feel like I get too motivated by my procrastinations to be chosen by the grey ring.

Attached: Grey Lantern.png (500x375, 49K)

What's the deal with Teen Lantern? Haven't read anything recent in like two years and just found out there's a kid Lantern on the new Young Justice

bendis' new black girl oc that stole a lantern ring and hacked it somehow because of course she can do that

Maybe it's a good thing I haven't read anything in two years then.

His DC version of RiRi.
I don't think its a ring but a power battery even then that's dumb because the power ring is the conduit for the battery to have your imagination turn into reality via will, Bendis just took a stinky poop on Lantern Lore

I would prefer most of the stuff that happens on earth happens elsewhere aswell.
With all the shit ton of different ways to get super powers the average planet we get to see where the population flees from x should have some heroes of their own

>ANOTHER EARTH BASED LANTERN
Bendis should just kill Baz at this point, if he wants his little black girl OC to stay.

She'll get written out the moment he turns his back on GL to make another awful OC.

Eh, desu if Bendis wanted a kid Lantern he should have just made it so she got the Chinese knock off Lantern tech and just messed around with it a bit because having a kid having Lantern tech is dumb because of two reasons, one it being super advance tech which even the likes of Lex couldn't crack when he tried to study power rings during Blackest Night and two because GLs would be on that shit on day one,it's like if a cop loses his service weapon and a kid just manages to pick it up, shits dumb

Stewart is on the ongoing JL roster retard

>MCU tier quips
I'm sorry, what?

Now, addressing all Johnfags, no one but normies care about the twenty year old cartoon, and John was bland in all of the comics since this century.

What is up with Bendis and Black people anyway? Seems like his number 1 fetish is to add at least one them into his books.

Just give her the Starheart!
We barely heard anything about that thing in years!

He has two black daughters.

I feel like if they really wanted a kid lantern, then creating something like the Dawnbreaker would be interesting.
Have a kid be really messed up and show the Earth Lanterns trying to protect, train and show them the error of their ways while the main Corps wants them gone.

Eh. I mean I don't really get whats happening with Doomsday Clock but JSA should be coming back anyday now so I'd rather have Alan have it. I wish when Doomsday Clock is over universe is reset so we're freed from these shitty books lately
Eh I don't like it, you're either cut out to be a Lantern or you're not.

>you're either cut out to be a Lantern or you're not.
Isn't the GL ring's only search criteria willpower?

Why the fuck are they making so many new Earth Lanterns? It was a thing that happened every decade, not every 2 months. I know Earth is the center of the DC Multiverse and all that shit, but it's just milking it. Why can't we have interesting stories with other Lantern Corps humans?

>Universe
>Reset
As long as its not a company wide reboot like Flashpoint/New-52 I’m fine. Just bring them in already I want to see Jade again.

It's not just simple willpower tho since people like Ollie and Bruce can just get the ring to glow and can't make complicated constructs with it. Having kids train with the ring won't do them any good as I said it's either they're cut out for it or they're not.
Soft reboot would be nice, erase the stupid shit that's been going, I miss comics pre Flashpoint bros.

I wanna see a lantern that is completely alien.
Imagine a Lantern with the ability to see higher wavelengths of light. He can see a million different colors the “Green” Lanterns aren’t even “Green” they could be some made up imaginary color.

It was implied that Ollie had a week will in Rebirth.

>I wanna see a lantern that is completely alien.
You mean like Leezle Pon and Dkrtzy RRR?

There always was some morality involved aswell, otherwise most of them wouldn't be willfully dutyful but only self centered willfully

"Completely alien"
Explain? Better choice of words, at least?

No, it's implied that heroes such as Ollie and Bruce who can normally be said to have strong wills seeing as they are heroes pale in comparison with the will of those who are chosen to be Lanterns.

Attached: will.jpg (991x1528, 739K)

Like Zero-Hour? Yeah sounds good.
Just make Manhattan realize that him warping DC is a function of some higher being.
He was never in control because he is a slave to the narrative. He’ll go crazy, get beat up by Supes and JL and then we get to see Peeg, Normal Harley and other forgotten and butchered characters return to their status quo.
Stop making them so humanoid, its always 2 Arms, 2 legs, Bilateral and has lungs. If they are not any of those they still look somewhat human-ish.
Like I get that there are weird lanterns like the Mathematical equation, Smallpox, Blind and Crystal lanterns but they have no modern stories that focuses on them. Even that new upcoming Far Sector book has another humanoid lantern. Its just not that interesting to me, its all the same.

Yeah and literally after that he collapses due to fatigue. What point are you trying to make? Anyone can use GL rings? Because they can't, it's been proven time after time the will required is insanely taxing as they are literally willing their thoughts to become reality.
Yeah make Manhattan reset time wherein he didn't mess with the DC universe soft rebooting everything and maybe if there is a god bring us back to pre flashpoint DC

Oh, I get it now. Yeah that would be great. They should bring back something like Green Lantern Corps Quarterly exactly the way it was before

>Anyone can use GL rings?
That's very obviously the opposite of the point I'm making
>Because they can't, it's been proven time after time the will required is insanely taxing as they are literally willing their thoughts to become reality.
Sounds to me like you're saying Ollie has a weak will (in comparison to GLs at least) in a roundabout way. Batman didn't pass out after making constructs bt w.

We don't know how taxing the ring was and Ollie in that scene was literally blown the fuck up by Sinestro also aren't you the user who said GL criteria is willpower? I'm saying that you're either cut out to be a Lantern or you're not, you can't force it.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but Manhattan might actually save the DC universe.

Books are just so bad man. I used to buy like 20 books in a month? Now I only ever buy GL,its been easy on my wallet but sad for my heart.

is my first post in this thread. Well, technically is.

Dammit, lo l. The posts those posts are replying to are my first posts in the thread.

yeah you just linked to my posts. I was arguing why Teen Lantern is a stupid concept and the idea of earth GL training a GL who didn't earn the ring is pointless since its either they're cut out to be or they're not. The whole idea of Teen Lantern just bugs me man and Bendis really fucked up with her since as I've said before if he wanted to show a smart kid with lantern tech while respecting Lantern Mythos he should have jsut made it so Teen Lantern just got the knock off GL tech China made and improved upon it

>its been easy on my wallet but sad for my heart.
Fuck why is this so true?? I can’t even look at modern cape comics now. Marvel, DC, Image and Darkhorse are almost 90% shit and who gives a fuck for me.
I just binged watched Smallville too and I realized fucking far we’ve fallen. Where did it all go so wrong bros, where’s the heart?

It's just so bad now, have you been reading Batman and Superman lately? It's so bad and its not helping Bendis is doing like 7 books simultaneously when he can't even write one decent book. The clerk in my LCS keeps saying why my pull is so small now compared to like 2 years ago.

We'll have to wait until the SJW comic book industry collapses and a proper one rises from the ruins.

Okay time to stop discussing how shitty the industry is and go back to GL.
What do you think of the new announced book?

How can be your first post if it is mine?

What book? A new trade or a new run?

The YoungAnimal one? Idk who's writing it but it could be good but the description says its highly political and we gotta admit with the current political climate its probably gonna have Trump pastiche and shit thats been done time after time but I'll pass judgement when #1 comes out

The new series that was announced a couple days ago. Looking for the image but I forgot the name

What the fuck are you talking about?

Not interested but if some anons can storytime the first issue. I’ll see if I pick it up.

DC's problem is that Didio wan't everthing to be a cross between the Silver Age and the grim and gritty 90's, and has a hatred of fan favorite characters like the original and a tendency to shit on characters they don't like, and a hatred the concepts of marriage, family, and even stable relationships. SJW politics don't really factor into any of DC's problems.

I'm a couple years behind on DC so it might have disbanded, but Soranik Natu had taken over Sinestro Corps and had them work with GLs as extra space police.

Books not out yet. won't be out till like July?

He’s just sad about the industry today.
Let him point fingers and sulk no need to get angry at him, we’ve all been there.

"Newly chosen Green Lantern Sojourner “Jo” Mullein has been protecting the City Enduring, a massive metropolis of 20 billion people, for the past six months. The City has maintained peace for over 500 years by stripping its citizens of their ability to feel. As a result, violent crime is virtually unheard of, and murder is nonexistent.
But that’s all about to change.
This new series introduces a dizzying game of politics and philosophies as Jo discovers a brewing revolution in the City, aided and abetted by some of its most powerful citizens."

Attached: far_sector.jpg (911x1400, 323K)

I wish they actually went with a more alien look but I think an actual crime story involving space cops is nice.

Yeah I don't know who the writer is. Is she/he just a Young Adult book writer or something? Also as I said the whole politics might be a bit messy if its too hamfisted also if they were gonna do a future GL i really don't see the reason of having the GL be a humanoid, just have it be an alien ffs

Anyone here reading Grant's new Lantern book? I quite enjoy it so far.

I remember this one GL who lived for a Billion years.The guy is a Tamaranean (Whats his name?)
You think John, Guy or Kyle might make a cameo as a super old Lantern? If we are going by the whole “Future” Lantern thing.

That was in Humphries GLs book where Baz and Jess meet the first GLs. Honestly I can only see Hal and Kyle having a cameo since the usual incarnations of old Hal is him being one with Will and Kyle is designated space Jesus.
Yeah its pretty good and comfy, last issue was nice and Alanna was drawn great by Sharp

Whats with Kyle and his Jesus thing?
When did we start referring to him as Space Jesus?

Cause that's what he is. Cause his schtick used to be him being a solo Lantern but when the corps came back and Hal came back Kyle sorta became irrelevant so they made him Ion and then the White Lantern so Kyle has sorta become this designated Space Jesus thing wherein he gets a massive powerup to remain relevant in the GL group that said the irrelevant GL member has shifted to Baz now since he has no merit what so ever after being separated from Jess

That's how he was used in Omega Men too

>Kyle sorta became irrelevant
Aren’t all Lanterns quirky in their own way? What makes individual earth lanterns stand out? Here’s what I know so far.
>Hal
Good with imagining planes and aviation. Super-Will and made his own ring.
>John
Good with guns and Millitary gear.
>Guy
???
>Kyle
Super-Creative (being an artist) able to imagine super detailed artwork
>Baz
Good with Cars and Vehicles. Has a gun so that he doesn’t need to rely on his ring 24/7.
>Jessica
Really good at Abstract art because of her mental issues.

Am I right?

He should stay like that

Kyle shtick was him being self loathing artist and I agrre all earth GLs have varying constructs styles (Guy is sports equipment since he used to be a coach btw) but Im talking identity wise.

What's with the butterfly on hal's chest?

it's cute

Didnt guy have so much will that his ring used to blast little firework showers from all the excess power?

Ah I see.
>Guy is sports equipment since he used to be a coach btw
What? Since when? I knew he ran a pub but a coach?

Since always? He also used to be a lawyer too.

>He also used to be a lawyer too.
Now you’re just pulling my leg.
How in the 9 Hells did GUY GARDNER become a LAWYER?

He was Hals lawyer in emerald dawn (2) and Guy was a coach, he went into a coma because he tried to save some kids from a bus accident or someshit iirc also Guy ran Warriors bar when he became a super hero not before. Man I feel like theres so many new people on Yea Forums lately

That’s Power Ring

This excites me

it's pretty damn good

Nah, its because I forgot a lot about his life outisde of GL stuff.
I just constantly assume Guy as a funny dickhead and not someone with actual prospects (and sometimes I think the writers do too).

Johns i guess got harder constructs than everybody. He can also manipulate matter and cut peoples oxygen off.

It should've been Charlie. Perfect fit for the Young Animal "obscure characters" thing they were doing.

Do they even have enough materials to keep expanding the corps? How rare is the material to make rings?

Kyle contained an exploding supernova

Hal and Kyle has also been shown to be able to manipulate matter.

Sometimes GL strengths are very confusing.

He went into a coma because a power battery blew up in his face and threw him into the Phantom Zone where Zod tortured him while he got to see Hal NTR him with Kari then got kidnapped by Sinestro and taken to Qward. Hal managed to save him, but after all that he got legit brain damage.

Ah yeah. Which one was the bus thing again. Fuck. Guy being put into a coma because Hal tagged out for a night and Hal proceeding to fuck Guys girlfriend was quite the bastard move and Im a Halfag

Pretty sure him getting ran over was what prompted John to be looked at as the next suitable backup since Guy was obviously disposed. Then when Hal quit, Guy was still comatose so John became the actual 2nd GL of Earth/2814.

Poor Guy.

John single handedly killed a black lantern BOOSTED mogo and became the first human guardian.

Kyle became the greatest White Lantern ever, and supassed the Guardians when he went through the Sourcewall.

That is why i love Hal though. He is an asshole fuckup.

John led the darkstars and is the only lantern who's told both the guardians and controllers to go fuck themselves

Mean while Kyle is still Hal's bottom bitch.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x127, 15K)

Kyle surpassed the sourcewall which is beyond the multiverse itself, Hal shits on John too since Hal fucked up Krona and surpassed the rings limitations.

I liked the Silver Age omnibus I got. Who are some of the better writers during the 70s and 80s besides Green Lantern/Green Arrow?

>John led the darkstars

This isn't exactly a good thing. When he took over, they were decimated by Grayven so badly that only 3 remained to stick around and John became a cripple. Colos should've been the one to lead them.

>John led the darkstars and is the only lantern who's told both the guardians and controllers to go fuck themselves
Neither of those things are impressive by Earth Lantern standards. A better example would've been all of his feats on Mosaic, where he willed the entire thing together and had the powers of a Guardian, then willed Katma Tui back to life.

True. When it comes down to it, all of the earth lanterns kind of get cucked by Hal anyway.
Johns got some good stories. Its just that most of them are outdated and never getting reprinted. Alongside the fact that John Stewarts the victim of consistently bad one dimensional writing ever since Hal took the center stage and practically saved the line.

comicattack.net/2017/05/28/character-spotlight-john-stewart/

Poor guy just needs a revamp or for him to play a bigger role in the justice league, cause he's just kind of boring when he appears in the Green lantern books now.

Maybe they should make him a darkstar general again and turn him into a villain

Attached: ccf94e7add6806fa1cb0d5c2fbfc49af.jpg (640x480, 44K)

Wolfman did 20 issues of GL and they're great

>Maybe they should make him a darkstar general again and turn him into a villain
That idea sucked for Tomar Ru, why do you think it'd work for John?

I'll add Len Wein and Steve Englehart, although his run got weak towards the end. The Annuals are worth the read especially the ones with Alan Moore stories in them.

See

Englehart was good for the downtime of the GL's. All of them living in a house just hanging out was great.

is he the GOAT?

Attached: guy g evs.jpg (1200x1855, 1.33M)

Agree, to someone who's never watched the cartoon, John is kinda cool, but he's bland and boring in all of the comics he's in. Last time I remember him being cool was Mosaic and that was a shitload of time ago.

He and Alan.

He's good at flying planes and ringslinging and outside of that he's dumb and a bit of an asshole. It's how it is.

Hal's just dumb when it comes to street smarts. The guy was capable as a Toy Salesmen, Insurance Collector, Truck Driver and Test Pilot. Gotta be smart to handle any job as you get fired for skipping work protecting the planet.

>True. When it comes down to it, all of the earth lanterns kind of get cucked by Hal anyway.
Nah, Hal did that to Guy alone.

He's dumb unless he has to be smart enough to not be completely broke.

Hank Henshaw and Mongul destroyed Hal's hometown. Hal used the ring to bring back the city as constructs, and the Guardians told him to knock it off. Then he rampaged through the Corps towards the Central Battery to get enough power to permanently correct his and many other tragedies, leaving many Lanterns stranded in space, killing Killowog, Sinestro and the Guardians. So he becomes Parallax, joins forces with a time-travelling villain called Extant and tries to remake the universe in Zero Hour. The last surviving Guardian goes to Earth and finds the first guy he could, which was Kyle, and gives him the last Ring.
Eventually Hal sacrifices himself to reignite the sun and becomes the Spectre's host, while Kyle becomes the default and only Lantern.

Many years later, Hal comes back to life, it turns out Parallax is a fear entity that possessed him all those years ago, Sinestro didn't actually die and he was the mastermind behind everything, so Hal is not responsible.

In the meantime Kyle restored the Corps and the Guardians and all that.

to be fair the first time Hal met Kari she slapped him and started bossing him around, how is he supposed to say no to a dominatrix like that?

Das all good

Oh neat, my thread's still here.

Your fuckin' loss, bro.

That's Earth-3 Hal Jordan, a sniveling coward being wearing the Power Ring of Volthoom, and member of the Crime Syndicate.
Sinestro meets him, is disgusted by this weakling wearing his husbando's face, and lops his ring arm off, which Hal thanks him for, before he is killed and the ring goes to find Jessica Cruz.

Dude they even referenced it in the cartoon.

Is Snyder really gonna pair of John with Shayeera? I know that she's not part of the hawk reincarnation cycle anymore (idk how) but i fucking hope not he and her doesn't end up together.

Didn't he come back? I remembered Singularity Jain got killed (Dragged into the earth) by him.

>Lex Luthor as an Orange Lantern

Attached: Action_Comics.jpg (1375x2087, 406K)

When was that? The whole crime syndicate does make a comeback in Superman book with Jon hopping to Earth-3.

Nvm, you're talking about the GLs issue one where her and Jess fought and arms dragged her in.

Yes, that happened but how? I thought the ring was destroyed?

I don't think it's a matter of material, i think it's a matter of keeping all the rings powered.

Idk. Soft retcon? I mean crime syndicate is still alive in Bendis' book also Vendetti did hint in his GL run that there were more than one volthoom power ring

Timey Wimey stuff?
It's like how Red Sun supes died a few hundred years into the future but still manages to pop up in Multiversity and Final Crisis.
It that it?

Probably.

Haven't seen that before. Pretty funny.

Varies, seems to be based on experience, the more you can fully realize the construct in your mind the less you need to do to maintain it after it's created, hence why older and more experienced lanterns have stronger constructs.

As to Kyle, he had a uniquely powerful ring when he did that stuff, it's why he was able to make constructs that looked real and weren't green at times.

The Deadzone is the realm of pseudo-death (unlife?) and became DC's explanation (since Blackest Night) of why so many heroes would die and come back. Nekron preserved their spirits and sent them back to the mortal world as a means of infecting it and slowly readying for Blackest Night. It exists entirely outside of the normal afterlives in the DC verse and so long as Nekron has power has de facto ability to claim anyone who dies.

You'd think that will all the resources the Guardians have had over the millennia they could afford to make some kind of portable space housing out on long missions or pay provide some kind of currency for space hotels. I guess Lanterns are probably fast enough to just return to OA to rest once they finish a patrol though if they really need to like Baz camping out in that Lantern HQ.

They do have space housings user....Hal is just king of the bums.

Pretty sure DC humans are cheating by camping on the Lifeforce of the universe.

Based Hal

Never stop being a big, dumb, beautiful idiot Hal.

Still no idea what's the use for the blue and indigo lanterns

>it's been too long.

Hal, you have to stop disabling the new recruits.

The costume always bugged me.is it just hard light molded to the skin?

Silver age used to be an actual suit.

No wonder, ugh

>Green has infinite charge if a Blue Lantern is nearby, but is otherwise the weakest.
Yeah, but it's also the only one that draws from a pool of generally upstanding and steadfast individuals. It's only as good as the user, and it's good at finding good users.

It's not about him though. The jab is at the comics industry as a whole. It was in a different place at the time.

Is Teen Lantern an actual Green Lantern?

6 is enough, we don't need a seventh.

Nope. Read the thread

And that's just the six Corps members. All those Chinese GLs, Alan Scott, and maybe Jade are still hanging around.

I know, say how powerful is the Starheart?
Is it equal to the standard GL Ring or no?

Starheart is more powerful than a normal GL ring since its magic.

How do you think Alan would make his reappearance?

It could fuck up a fair amount of Corps Lanterns.

Either Doomsday Clock or DC just brings him back with the rest of the JSA quietly.

Bump.

Attached: 1552954302342.jpg (345x336, 214K)

end of doomsday clock when Manhattan soft reboots the DCuniverse

Would be based if they do.
The real villains of DC haven't been defeated though.

Morrison uses his chaos magic to then Banish Diddio King and Bendis to the dark dimension

I've just gone back and been downloading tons of Silver and Bronze age runs and reading that. I figure I'll just read through all of GL for the first time in years and a bunch of other series and maybe by the time I've caught up to Flashpoint, DC books will be good again.

I felt really bad telling my LCS to just get rid of my pull list. I just pop in every few months and pick up some trades and Morrison's GL. I just don't find anything appealing about the state of cape comics these days. I haven't even touched a Marvel book since they shat all over Fantastic Four years ago.

I know what you mean man. used to spend like 100~200 dollars a month in comics, I only spend 20 dollars now

>nigger is so desperate for black hero he has to shit on based Hal
OH NO NO NO NO

>>- What are all the unique interactions of the spectrum?
Other folks have gone through them already and in-depth.
>- What ring do you think would most likely approach you?
Well, that's a tough one. Blue, Indigo and Saphire are out of the question. Green is debetable. I've never given up and have come out through various situations, but I don't think I'm a person of tremendous will. Yellow depends on whether it counts if you get scared easily. I don't mean "high pitched screams at the sight of a cockroach", but I doubt I could survive watching a horror movie at the cinema (best I've done was the Woman In Black remake). As for Red, I do get angry easily, and I'm mostly boiling with anger most of them time. But I think it'd be Orange, if I'm honest with myself.

Generally, I've got an inferiority superiority complex, I hate everyone who's better than me, I hate myself for not living up to my insane standards, and I grind all day simply to just move forward and not feel like a failure, but I know that I'll never be content. It sounds just like Luthor during the Black Ring era, but I'm not that obsessed with myself per se; I simply want everything to be the way I want them to be... I guess Orange.
>- Are there characters that you feel could come back as lanterns themselves as a way to bring them back into the spot light?
Don't we already have enough as is?
>- Is there anything addressing the fact that there's like seven goddamn Green Lanterns from Earth now? As far as I can tell Jordon, Gardner, Stewart, Rayner, Baz, and Cruz are all active now at the same time.
It's shit, so just spread them out through various Corps.
>- Who's your favorite lantern and why?
Hal. As for the why, I was always a fan of the older, experienced types of characters. People who worked for their stuff, you know? Plus, I like millitary stuff and planes/ships, so Hal always ticked off most of my boxes.
>- What's your favorite lantern related moment?
Parallax curled in a ball.

Attached: 02ee56426998015ca85a894b22e2b9fc7c209abc.png (1693x2002, 535K)

I see Lex more as a red lantern

Fuck off Nigger; nobody cares about your "where da whiwomyn at?" ape.
>Based Hal triggering nignogs
Kek. GL always was and will be a white man's book. Reminder that Alan Scott's an Aryan Chad with a ThunderCock who turns villainesses good simply by fucking them.

Attached: 1513532166976.gif (500x279, 1024K)

He's angry, but I'd say he's more jealous, greedy and narcissistic than anything else. He says that he hates Superman because he wants humanity to be able to defend itself, but at the end of the day he wants to either be the one who defends them or be able to manipulate them as he pleases. Superman steals that from him, and that's what makes him angry.

>He's angry, but I'd say he's more jealous, greedy and narcissistic than anything else.
Dont forget Petty.
The guy traded absolute knowledge just to hate superman.

>The guy traded absolute knowledge just to hate superman.
Shit like this is honestly why I adore Lex as a character. I don't much care for "muh Luthor was right" fags; I just love that he's a petty, vengeful shit who hates everyone better than him, and blames the world for his problems.

Lex is a tard when it comes to Superman who disregarded his Supercomputer who said Clark was Supes and when Clark told Lex himself he was Supes

He's so obsessed with his own world view and perceived intellect that he can't accept that he's wrong about anything.

Yeah which makes him a great badguy, him in the rain of Supermen in was excellent

Ye, he's a nice villain. Right mix of sort of understandable reasoning and fucked-upness.

The entities that power each spectrum color are in turmoil again. But they are not along. The Omega Adaptus that has chased Batman through time as well as Starro have been eyeing the positions and power the entities have as Lantern Lifeforms.
In comes Batman's Batgod. A displaced Yellow Beast.
Hanging. Sleeping. Squeeking? Calling for when, WHEN??
and the Batgod chooses Bruce. Again. Crashing through his window at a moment when he has become beaten knowing he needs something more!

Attached: BatmanYearOne_06.jpg (550x831, 152K)

Is that you, Snyder?

The New moment. Batman fears. And the transformation to something more. Something more than prep-time. Something more than batman. A hero of fear.
So Batman becomes the new Sinestro, more than that he takes over Qward, starts a full on war against Apokalips, Waynetech + Qward for that new comic book season.
Recruits: The Ray, Aztek, Vixen, (trades Azrael to the reds as a consultant. ) Zuriel, Commissioner Gordon to stay grounded in Gotham.
At his darkest Bruce desires his own Superman, two in fact, Chinese Superman, Apollo. Dr Fate becomes the Priest of it. And The Signal backs up Gordon.

Attached: bcd388a8e4d01b2f274f086fd7686b32.jpg (1200x800, 149K)

Feels very Hypercrisis-y.

Maybe the Batman and Superman movies had to be poorly reviewed in order for the humans to be able to produce good Wonder Woman, Aquaman and SHAZAM movies. Maybe the penis pods were meme magic.

Attached: 5791795-4697432-silk-spectre-ii-watchmen-22552461-2000-1339.jpg (960x642, 110K)

Signal should be in an AU and not in the Main continuity imo.

Space Police could use Space Detectives and fear goes synergistically alongside prep-time. Batman has put together super teams before The Outsiders. This collection of yellow powered supers wouldn't have rings, they would have Color Spectrum-powered Badges.

Attached: Aztek-Ultimate-Man-DC-Comics-Morrison-Falconer-b (1).jpg (500x553, 56K)

None of this belongs in main continuity. It's a story where Batman gets so thoroughly beat up that he's in that same destroyed place emotionally where the big bag crashed through his mansion window and inspired him in the first place. Except instead of a bat it's a Bat-God (Omega Adaptus) that has, during a Light Entity War, usurped Parallax and come to Bruce to steward that power. He takes Waynetech to salvaged Qward and recruits Black-White-Yellow characters to pre-empt tragedy and hung down cosmic destroyers. Detective work on a intergalactic scale. He leaves Jim Gordon as Batman and The Signal as his partner. The optics on that last part are very good. Pic related,

Attached: Costume03_1.jpg (500x560, 66K)

(dubs btw)
I was thinking what would bring together a bunch of Black White Gold(or yellow) DC characters and it wasn't until I got a list of about five or six characters that I was a black and yellow Batman costume that I remembered he has yellow then he became the center of it. Then it became a detective agency but big, intergalactic.

Attached: tumblr_ngg3nyHZEg1tgo8o0o1_1280 (1).jpg (1161x1785, 326K)

Kyles constructs only began to look more lifelike when he started siphoning the Parallax energy that Hal dumped into the sun when he killed himself. Things went back to normal after he re-made his ring and gave birth to a new set of Guardians.