Thor likes this one. How come you don’t?

Thor likes this one. How come you don’t?

Attached: D911F13D-3733-43DB-8C4F-208E72538485.jpg (1024x618, 45K)

Because she is a character with no motivation. She has no supporting characters, no ongoing dilemma, or flaws to make her interesting.

As my high school principal says, "Perfect people are perfectly boring"

Thor likes anything with a vagina

>Because she is a character with no motivation.
Kill Thanos

>She has no supporting characters,
Monica, Maria, and the Avengers

>no ongoing dilemma,
Protect the universe and kill Thanos

>or flaws to make her interesting.
What flaws does Cap have?

Thor has demonstrated he has a taste in dull unpleasant women, why would I have any faith in his ability to judge character.

Attached: jane-foster.jpg (500x500, 81K)

Devil's Advocate because Carol's fine, but Steve cannot function without something to fight against. He's so self-sacrificing he'll destroy himself and his friends in the pursuit of an ideal

Carol is Yea Forums's favorite character though.

Attached: yaas.png (1000x1000, 391K)

Everyone Thor loved has died.

Was it just me, or did it feel a little insulting when she said "Because you didn't have me"?Even though everyone gave it their best before being dusted.

That's wrong though. We actually voted, and XJ9 was confirmed Yea Forums's top woman

Attached: XJ9 Jenny Wakeman.jpg (818x1000, 110K)

No, because she's by far the strongest Avenger. It's just a fact.

>My flaws are I work too hard.

Really there's nothing wrong with a flawless aspirational character. Problem is Carol is closer to Cavill Superman than Cap.

Side characters losing because the main protagonist aka the strongest being absent isn't exactly a new trope, user.

Attached: goku.png (761x800, 194K)

Captain Marvel reminds me of domestic abuse. From a storytelling point of view that is the basis of her character. God forbid you tell her no, or that she shouldn't, or can't do something. Anyone who has lived with someone prone to fits of mania or anger knows the constant dread that comes from that. Every conversation is tinged with the possibility that if you say or do the wrong thing you're going to get shouted at, insulted, and if they're in a particularly bad mood; attacked.

The extent she is given power in her origin movie is symbolically matched to her manic need to be the biggest dick in the room.

Examples:

>Training with Yon-Rog
>Loses repeatedly
>Hits him with an energy blast out of 'frustration'.

>Is challenged by fury that she might be a skrull
>blows up a music box to assert her dominance, because good forbid she explain herself

>fighting yon-rogg again this time with her greater powers
>he challenges her to a fight without her powers
>rather than accept the challenge and potentially lose, she blasts him away
>now she's asserted she's the biggest dick in the room again she shows 'mercy' and sends him away in his ship

Any time she shows anyone mercy in the film is followed directly after she's directly brutalised her enemies.

This is the main reason the film is a joyless experience. It's a cycle of abuse with a manic abuser for two hours. She literally cannot grow as a character until she becomes subservient to someone in some way.

That means:
>no romance
>no true friendship
>no true role as anything other than 'saviour'
>no 'surrogate mother' role

Just cold, bland, emotionless 'biggest dick in the room' carol.

Nah, it's not a fact. Fucking Wong could have defeated Thanos.

>Kill Thanos
Everyone wants to kill Thanos. What makes her so special?

And Cap has flaws. He tried to save his best friend over the needs of all his others. He was so blinded by holding onto the past that he ignored the problems of today.

Of course he likes her. Thor can't think of solutions to problems beyond hitting them, and Carol is just a new weapon ready to be thrown at Thanos.

>Wong
>Sorcerer who is weaker than Strange
>Defeating Thanos

Kek

Every hero has “protect people” as a motivation. Killing thanos is also something all the heroes want to do. The supporting cast in the film were weak due to the writing. We hardly got one scene with carol and her friend as pilots. How is that supposed to convince a viewer of anything. The only good character in Captain Marvel was the Skrull dude because he had obvious flaws, motivations, and regrets. Captain marvel has no flaw. Maybe the Russos will fix that in endgame, but as of right now she has nothing that makes her unique personality wise. If they made carol the kind of character that overconfidently jumps into a situation only for it to fuck her over as a result of poor planning and lack of teamwork, that could be something. Captain America’s fault is obviously his unwillingness to make even the smallest compromise combined with his inability to function in a world without an enemy to fight against. Meanwhile carol is just “amnesia girl”, which could have worked if they really played up the memory manipulation and had her act completely mentally distant and fucked for the first half of the movie. Then you have a character not unlike the winter soldier. Someone stuck with years of mental damage, doing their best to try and do the right thing as compensation for a past she wasn’t really even responsible for. Instead we got a character whose personality doesn’t change throughout the whole movie. The character at this point has a problem with being uninteresting on their own, not unlike Thor before Ragnarok. If Captain Marvel 2 gets some new writers that are willing to give Carol treatment similar to Ragnarok, then the character may be salvaged. Hell, this could even happen in endgame.

>He tried to save his best friend over the needs of all his others. He was so blinded by holding onto the past that he ignored the problems of today.

That's a context dependent flaw. What character flaws does he have?

Shes a feminist

I’m still convinced strange is “stronger”, in that he is smarter and can do more with his abilities. I put captain marvel equal to Thor.

That's a character flaw. Holding to nostalgia dooms people to live in their parent's basement and post on Yea Forums.

Okay, now let's imagine that in the big final battle to save the universe it was Pikkon who finally stopped Buu.

Attached: Pikkon_DBZ_Ep_198_003.png (651x1098, 993K)

Needing a war and never compromising even if it leads somewhere bad.

"Protect the universe" is not a dilemma. Neither is kill Thanos, at least not for Carol.

Brie larson is a plain jane looking woman with no figure. She is not attractive in the least. Theres a million girls that look just like her. But i forgot, this is the same generation that thought jlaw and miley cryus was hot.

I don’t think these are actual problems. The problem is she didn’t lift enough weights for me to buy that she was as strong as she was. Like Evangeline Lily got fit and she’s playing a character that doesn’t even have super strength.

>Taste

I'm with you on Evangeline Lily, but it's kind of a stupid argument with CM... Or any character with super strength, really. It's magical nonsense strength that comes from nowhere, it has nothing to do with musculature. Being a kind of schlubby woman even sort of drives home the "this person is way stronger than is natural" point.

It still doesn’t make sense around the fact that her entire adult life has been spent inside the military in some form. The fact that she is doing actual combat shit with Jude law proves even kree soldiers have to depend on physical strength.

>What flaws does Cap have?
He's a white straight male.

huh sounds like the mad lad himself

Attached: ill break every bone in my body to save you .jpg (194x259, 13K)

>What flaws does Cap have?
On that note, recently rewatched First Avenger, and I kind of wonder how long it took Fury to calm Cap down between films.
When he wakes up in the fake hospital they set up for him, his movements and the way it's shot are clear that he's ready to straight up execute the nurse he thinks is a hydra agent, and it's not until the american soldiers run in that he starts getting confused, panics, and runs away.

Should have been in the Tournament of Power over Tien. As much as I like Tien.

I guess other than him being Filler, the fanwank is that they only had time/resources to bring one person from otherworld, and at that point Freiza was stronger.

>The fact that she is doing actual combat shit with Jude law proves even kree soldiers have to depend on physical strength.
In general seeing more of the kree obsession with combat and physical training could have been nice, but that would also require an actress willing to put in a fuckton of extra work for the role.

I'm not controlled by the Mouse Overlord

That’s why I prefer studios casting no names that are willing to really work hard over Oscar winners and people with egos.

>cut him with portals

I would've loved it SO much if Carol wasn't trying to be the biggest dick in the room, but instead just the 90s version clout chasing thot that realizes that she's gotta start being a hero slowly thoughout the movie.

>Training with Yon-Rog
>loses repeatedly
>Says screws this and goes out to show off her powers to the people

>Fury asks if she's a Skrull
>She changes into her bikini instantly using her powers and says, "are skrulls this hot?"

>Fighting yon-rogg again
>challenged to fight with no powers
>She accepts after realizing that she's gotta handle herself and became more humble.

She actually has character here. She's endearing and entertaining. Not some bland cunt who acts like a robot.

That second one sucks. The others are fine. The yon-Rogg ending already in the movie could’ve worked if the rest of the movie wasn’t a mess.

Space stone blocks it I imagine.

I haven't watched her movie so I don't know what I like about her. For the actress, I haven't been impressed by her. She was handled well in the "Room" but that's about it. She's a side character anyway so I don't why everybody gets bothered by her.

We told you over and over, but you haven't defined what makes Carol so interesting beyond "She wants to kill Thanos"