Seeing as the old rape victim story isn’t a good idea, what is the ideal origin story for Red Sonja Yea Forums?

Seeing as the old rape victim story isn’t a good idea, what is the ideal origin story for Red Sonja Yea Forums?

Attached: B87DB9B5-60AE-4195-BBDD-BC5B683554D9.jpg (891x1237, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0rHJN20ZfBp
youtube.com/watch?v=pdlAZj5iDc8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_sexual_assault_victims
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_and_revenge_film
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Rape_and_revenge_films
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Götz_von_Berlichingen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yass queen with a side of mary sue

How much of a backstory does a character like Red Sonja really need?

Just make her a slave left for dead. There's literally nothing wrong with rape, though.

>Seeing as the old rape victim story isn’t a good idea

What, specifically, makes it "not a good idea"?

Feminists evidently don't consider rape victims to be human, they're considered to be hollow husks of humanity that would be better off dead.

If you absolutely have to cut the rape(which you don't) then just have her family robbed and murdered with her being left for dead swearing revenge.

Wait, I thought every woman who even claims to be raped, regardless of evidence, deserves to believed? What happened?

stripper turned sellsword. What's the appeal to this character other than the obvious "action bimbo"?

She's the proto-typical sword and sorcery type hero. Just an adventurer who travels around getting into fights with famous warriors or monsters for a mixture of money, thrillseeking and glory. The appeal is simple, but fun when done well.

rapist

Gail Simone did that.

Feminists: *claps*

Noble who wants to be a strong independent woman knight but society won't let her. Her family and everyone they rule over gets absolutely rekt. She escapes because someone pities her. Survivor guilt, rage, and natural headstrong personality combines with her trauma to make a insecure girl who's so adverse to being seen as weak she takes to beating the shit out of people and adventuring in a bikini. because armor is for the weak or something.

It's you. Let's see if she is a dinosaur girl then... what do you think about this idea... Our dinosaur girl is living in the poverty and she has this guy who is always carving wood (it's not her brother because we need to keep her unique and special) and they have some kind of romantic relationship, he always cut her hair because she is too pretty for such dangerous place, she feels ugly because of this and her lack of education makes her feel stupid. She doesn't have many girls in her life so she is a little lonely in certain aspect, but she has her uncle.

One day she meets this girl who is very nice and they become friends, but this is a trap, this girl eventually show her real face when she captures her and even show some weird traits (inhuman) she tries to kiss her but our dino girl resists because she doesn't like girls, "GOOD GRIEF" scream our evil girl (the false friend) "You are a girl! Why are you disguised as man?". Our dino girl explains "This is a dangerous place for a woman... my boyfriend cut it for me". Evil Girl is angry but she keeps her cool "Oh well, it doesn't matter I can find a better use for you that just a little of fun." She takes her to a catacomb "Our kind can't have offspring, nature didn't give us that skill for some reason but we like to defy nature all the time" our dino girl see that in the catacomb there are many women and some of them are pregnant. "We eat a pregnant woman and then we can transmute what's inside of them err... imagine them as eggs, the woman is the shell and the baby as the inside, most part of the time both of them die but sometimes we defeat the impossible. I bet that you are a winner".

They bring a big guy who tries to rape her, but she defeats him using the skills that she learned to protect herself in the dangerous place she lives (a hidden knife). "All right calm yourself, you aren't going to leave this place anyway" our evil girl becomes in a weird monster like snake (Part 1/2)

Attached: Purple_Toad_thinking.jpg (499x687, 40K)

The monster tries to subject our dino girl, at first it's too easy for her and she even plays a little with her hurting her a little. "As I said: a simple shell, so fragile. *sniff* *sniff*" Evil girl smells the air with her weird snake like nose, her face is twisted. "What's this smell?" our dino girl suddenly begins to unleash herself of evil girl's hold and she begins to punch her and attack her with an incredible strength, claws of a bear appear in her hands and she cut and almost crush Evil girl's head. Our dino girl tries to escape but suddenly something burn her from the inside, she faint out.

She wakes out and she discovers that she is chained as the other women, in front of her is Evil girl touching her head as it regenerates and another woman wearing an elegant green dress. "What a funny thing is happening here." says the woman. "Someone just crushed you badly sister". "SHUT UP BITCH" screams Evil girl. "That language, that language. It's ok, this isn't normal so you don't need to feel ashamed. That's about your encounter, but about your enemy itself..." The woman in the green dress get close to dino girl and she scratches dino girl's cheek with her nails. "*Sniff* *sniff* What were you thinking my sister? This peculiar smell is all around and it's stronger in her blood. How my smart sister didn't notice it?" evil girls mutter "I... I..." "She humiliated you somehow and you got angry then you didn't notice it? It doesn't matter. this girl is just like us... but there is something else in her blood, It's familiar..." the woman twist her face "It's my stallion... oh no..." the women goes to Evil girl and she tear out her hair in a brusque way "SHE WAS PREGNANT AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT". Evil girl begins to shiver. "I ate like 20 women that week... I swear I..." says scared evil girl. "AND YOU THOUGHT: IT'S NOT IMPORTANT IF THAT OLD DOG STOLE ONE OF THEM BECAUSE WE CAN MAKE MORE?!" [part 2/3]

"She can be useful for us..." continue evil girl. "It doesn't matter, I don't want it alive. Anyway it isn't like us just like they weren't at all like us, can't you smell it? She is a mule, and a mule can't have offspring. Beastboy!" a new character appears, is a woman with snake like eyes. "Yes mother?" she asks almost bowing. "Don't leave a single bone." The man walks to Dino girl "Yes mother". As she walks to her Dino girl begins to feel scare, the woman with snake eyes hold Dino girl's shoulders with her hands. "Please..." she begins to cry as the mouth of this woman begins to expand more and more, a mouth full of fangs. "Please no!" Suddenly the tip of an arrow appears in front of dino girl, the woman with snake eyes was stabbed for it from behind. The woman in the green dress and evil girl are stabbed by arrows, the arrows are in their necks.

"Dino girl!"
"Uncle!" Uncle throw his bow and he release Dino girl. "They aren't dead, we must use this chance to escape."

As they left, the three women stand up and they get the arrows out of their flesh.

[And so... they escaped]

"Uncle, where are we going?" asks Dino girl
"Out of this city, we can't live here anymore, they can track your smell." while he says so, Uncle rub a herb on her face.
"Aren't we going to get money or something?"
"No, it's too dangerous, we need to leave immediately"
"Can't I say goodbye to Basil?"
"NO! Now move out!"
"...*sob*" Dino girl begins to cry.
"...Believe me it's better for him dear." Uncle holds her hand as they leave in a horse.

[So they left the city...]

[many years later...] [Part 3/4]

It's 2019. A woman isn't allowed to walk away from rape with a tempered resolve and a desire for vengeance at her own hands.
She must be a victim who cries out for sympathy from all around.

>Women should be helpless victims crying for help instead of taking charge of their life and situation.
How the fuck is this "feminism"

Too many false reports

[many years later...]

Dino girl is old and she is in an old chariot in a forest. *Cough* Uncle is coughing. "Be careful my uncle, don't exert yourself. It's cold out here."
"Thank you my dear... Winter is hard at this age." answers uncle.
"I gonna go for a walk... go ahead I will go back soon"
"Alright but don't go too far, we are too close to the city and this is the edge of the forest. A good breeze and maybe they will find us."
"Don't worry so much." Dino girl rubs a herb on her neck.

Uncle leaves the scene and we follow Dino girl as she walks around the forest, she looks the city while she puts her hand on a tree. Dino girl looks melancholic and old. She turns around while she sings.

"Long, long time ago, a goddess fell in love, nothing special at all, it happens all the time, they said it's better when gods don't stick their noses in their lives." She walks through the forest while snow falls on her hair. "A young lover cried for what's impossible, a you and me that isn't supposed to be, nothing special it happens all the time." She cut a snowy herb growing at the path and she puts it in a bag. "Through your mind the glory of fantasy and the fear to the unknown, what's he doing? does he got married? was she so much better than your old memory? Long, long time ago, there were two lovers who never said goodbye, nothing special at all, it happens all the time." She watches a bird landing on the branch of a tree. "Who is there to blame then? If it is everything about blood..." Another bird arrives. Dino girl kills both of them throwing two knives. "Your sinful parents" Dino girl suddenly sees something weird in the tree. Her eyes get wide open. A heart carved in the wood "Basil and Dino girl". She touches the wood as her lips shake, she cries and suddenly she screams. "Arrgg" her claws destroy the half of the tree and it rolls down hill.

[Part 4/5 I'm about to end it I swear]

[Later... in the night]

An old man falls to the ground when he stumbles with the trunk, his tools fall in the ground. "It's true after all!" he claims. "The forest is cursed for that evil ghost." he groans while he begins to pick up his tools. "The city is house of the devil and the forest the playground of a ghost, this island is rotten I swear. Ugh..." He notices that the boulder in the snow is a trunk. Well at least I don't need to look for more wood." He is shocked when he watches the mark in the trunk. "Ooh..." his face looks sad and melancholic. "It finally fell, isn't it?". He put his tools in his bag and he begins to walk with the trunk in his hands, he begins to sing.

"There used to be a donkey... who was too lazy, and daydream was his work or so he thought then, and everyone shout him you are useless, why aren't you more grounded? Why should I do that? When ground is so hard? Better through the skies I will fly. One day he watched an ugly bird, he asked for a harmless little peck but he was kicked by a mule, in the ground he lied on the ground, she was real." [I can't think about the rest right now... I'm doing it on the fly]

It wasn't exactly how I wanted to write the idea... it feels a little weird... but probably there are certain requests.

When will /Pol/ Americans stop gaslighting?

As a child, her home is pillaged and her family slaughtered; Sonja is badly injured and left for dead.

A wandering barbarian finds her and initially intends to leave her to whatever fate the gods will have but she manages to stab him with a broken blade in the leg. Impressed with her fighting spirit, the barbarian tends to her wounds and waits around for a bit for her to heal before moving on.

To his annoyance, she follows him demanding his assistance in avenging her family and saying that he owes her that much for keeping her alive in the first place. He has no interest in doing so but eventually agrees to train her enough that she can get herself killed in the attempt. That way he can wash his hands of the entire affair.

Sonja turns out to be a much better than expected pupil and the barbarian grows to see her as the child he never had. Enough of a connection forms so that he does actually make an effort to find the people who killed her family only to be himself mortally wounded in the process though he does point her on the right path before he passes away and leaves her his sword.

It's not about feminism... sorry if I made that impression. It's about innocence, just like Rumiko Takahashi discovered long time ago "the innocence is the key" even when people love action stories when they have a certain level of sexual content more people love innocent stories.

Yeah I know that a woman overcoming such situation and wanting to kill her enemies because of this definitively makes her a real strong woman, but it damage the picture of the character permanently for the audience in a negative way, because rape is not just a tragedy but a shame too, it isn't like torture there is something else in this matter ruins the vision of the character. People lose respect for her, yeah they pretend to feel bad for this character but at the same time they look down on her, like some kind of evil joke. It's like rape is a humiliation can't be repaired from other people point of view, the woman can cope and be strong but for everybody else she has lost something forever, a part of her dignity (I have seen it in other stories and I have seen their fandoms and let's imagine that you have your own fandom, I think that you don't want that reputation for your characters).

Feminists will say "oh she is so strong" but whoever is not her fan will say "She is used goods" and they will laugh at these characters. (women specially are that cruel)

Attached: 1491720265502.jpg (264x292, 28K)

I know what you are thinking "he doesn't know what he is talking about, everyone thinks like that at first" but you would be surprised about how much females scream joyful "Hahahaha she was raped". It shouldn't be like that but people is trash.

The character isn't gonna be considered a strong woman but an eternal victim cause if she kills them it isn't gonna change what happened, they took something from her and she can't get it back (especially from people's perspective ). When somebody kills your family you kill them as payback but rape is different.

Now when it comes to use the idea as a romantic resource, as a character overcoming it and being accepted by another character and being loved for it... It doesn't work... the reason is kind the same thing... let's imagine that you have a character that you hate and you laugh at this chararacter because you said one thousand times how evil it really was and how rotten this character was, but at the same time a character that you really like was raped, even if the character that you dislike is boycotted or dies, who do you think get the worst part from point of view of the fandom? What character has lost more from the point of view of people?

Becuse you reatard when a women is raped both in real life and fiction "rape victim" is what she mostly becomes known as

>Seeing as the old rape victim story isn’t a good idea
It was the best idea, and the only one that ever worked. Legit dropped the book when Gail Simone ruined everything.
It's goddamn Conan for fuck's sake - you literally start the game Age of Conan as a half-naked rape slave when you play as a female character.

Attached: ec2cc5175fb15140e3a509844e6d9df0._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1967, 553K)

This guy isn't me...

Attached: Jesus christ.png (424x501, 399K)

I'm this guy... and I want to vomit because I feel VERY NERVOUS.

Attached: 1498332156801.png (1662x860, 985K)

....what if you make her a rapist instead?

I'm this guy... And I want to vomit because I feel VERY NERVOUS.

Attached: 1497645122260.jpg (180x281, 17K)

>Female hero needs male mentor in order to defeat the villain

Not gonna go down well.

Attached: 23E12387-A2D2-4DF8-BCC0-DF5F9D51FDC6.jpg (800x1195, 129K)

The story is GOOD, but it's problematic BECAUSE PEOPLE IS TRASH!! The writing is so good, I'm impressed and I mean REALLY impressed about how detailed its structure is, the writing was brilliant, the writer of this thing is from my perspective the best writer in the media. I even studied to imitate his style. (I like to do that when I have enough time)

But it's a big problem! Because THIS Conan wasn't like this. This was a haha Conan, its fandom is different.

Attached: panic-attack-.jpg (600x320, 36K)

So... what if we rape conan? And chop off his arm? Maybe he can get a metal gauntlet to make up for it.

Don't care about her origin. Just bring back epic slutbeast Sonja.

Attached: a92907_6101778.jpg (1041x1600, 543K)

What the fuck is going on in this thread

Attached: c71454_6101778.jpg (1400x1076, 486K)

Attached: Red+sonja+lacks+subtlety_56a987_6101778.jpg (800x543, 158K)

Attached: d5e41c_6101778.jpg (1041x1600, 426K)

I'm trying to decide whether that bottom face is worth retaining for reaction image uses.

Attached: 8be03f_6101778.jpg (1041x1600, 463K)

Didn’t Gail Simone make her a lesbo?

It is possible to keep respecting the "special" background behind the construction of Conan and at the same time modify it to make it more appealing for the fandom. You just need to apply another symbolism (a new layer of the same character) to the old background which fits with the context. Imagine something similar to pic related. It will keep the mysticism of the character but with a much more appealing idea for the fandom.

Attached: 1.txt.jpg (1084x1600, 437K)

Attached: 2.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 383K)

Attached: 3.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 458K)

Do you see? It's gross, it's terrifying and bloody, with a good atmosphere it will make a great Conan moment.

Attached: 4.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 381K)

Sex and death.

Attached: red sonja 01.jpg (1047x1572, 220K)

Attached: 5.txt.jpg (2132x1600, 928K)

Attached: 6.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 428K)

Attached: 7.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 293K)

Attached: 8p.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 369K)

Snakes can vomit their prey if they need to do so or if they are hurt, of course the prey isn't alive anymore. But this doesn't need to be exactly like this.

Attached: 9.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 387K)

Attached: 10.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 450K)

Attached: 11.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 394K)

It doesn't need to be killed to produce the event, but it must to be interrupted somehow, so the baby can get out of the creature, just like Athena when she tears the flesh of Zeus's forehead.

Attached: 12.txt.jpg (1049x1600, 332K)

Sorry, my internet is shit. The main point here is to avoid the thing undesirable for the fandom but at the same time to modify the minimal amount of content so the geeks will not complain about inconsistencies or a change of style.

Attached: 13.txt.jpg (1084x1600, 494K)

Attached: 14.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 357K)

Attached: 15.txt.jpg (1065x1600, 438K)

Now this story about giants was inspired by Goya's works, Greek mythology specially and the inferno, that's why the art is creepy enough.

Attached: 16.txt.jpg (1022x1600, 358K)

Attached: 17.txt.jpg (1111x1600, 397K)

Attached: 18.txt.jpg (1033x1600, 385K)

Some female writers / artists like her and cite her as a feminist icon.

Attached: 804754EA-BD31-422F-80D6-B41C83EDCD44.jpg (494x750, 89K)

The kid is a caged monster, it has an animal side but a warm heart. People around it are scared when he is unleash but the giants aren't its friends and they will eat it if they find it. He hates to be considered part of the giants and he wants to kill them very badly. So he is strong and determinate.

Attached: 19.txt.jpg (1016x1600, 381K)

Because its fandom doesn't care about girls that much because they know that all of them will be raped or something worst, they are ready for it, but haha Conan fandom will never understand it because of the past of this story. Besides the media is very different. And all the readers of Conan are usually men

Selfless and humble soldier for her King, and absolute loyalty to her sovereign ruler.

Claw is shit

For the female audience the most important thing is to be strong (more powerful than other characters) and beautiful. And even when a character can have all that qualities if it is managed carefully then you end creating a mary sue however it is curious because young girls are attracted to mary sues, but men hate that. The solution is to create characters stronger than her or even more special, probably a men but at the same time she needs a handsome man under her, this character has a certain advantaje because she has a solid background to justify it. [The mary sue isn't really a feminist icon but something is attractive to women, feminist icon or mary sue it has little effect to long terms anyway]

Wait a moment please.

I'm not going to lie this matter is complicated... because she must to be an icon... we may need more than a thread to keep talking about it before of reach a conclusion about these kind of characters. [I'm not leaving yet] What I am understanding for now from this thread is that this character +was structured like someone outside of any kind of masculine intervention (except for negtive interventions)

You thinking what I'm thinking?

Attached: kino.webm (800x450, 1.4M)

We need remember that later... seriously it's very complicated because of how people behave and think about these things

Attached: 1516605502470.jpg (500x276, 32K)

yall niggis wanna hear a song my band did on red sonja

I really thought Snuffkin and her girlfriend weren't literally siblings.

Go ahead please.

vocaroo.com/i/s0rHJN20ZfBp

Loyalty is very important and I undertand it perfectly

what did u think

The decision to remove the rape origin story is based on a modern feminist notion that nothing bad can or should happen to a female character, ever. A female heroine who suffers is seen as an attack by the patriarchy. What they don't see is that suffering builds character, in a way. Red Sonja's village got razed, her family slaughtered, and she was raped an left for dead. At her lowest point, she got visited by her patron godess who empowered her. Having been in that dark, low place, she swore to be stronger and never to let it happen again. Removing that darkness in her past makes her current, stronger incarnation less deep, because it's just a power fantasy.

It's very similiar to people wanting to retcon the Killing Joke, because Barbara Gordon got crippled and fondled by the Joker. Still, Babsgirl becoming Oracle and still being useful to the superhero community despite her injury is a powerful story of getting back up after a terrible blow to your body and self-confidence. If anything, she became a better hero and saved more lives as Oracle than she ever could as Batgirl. This story also highlights Jim Gordon's character and confidence in the law, because he wants to do it by the book despite the Joker's crimes that hit close to home.

Imagine removing all that, all it would do is make the characters less deep. Imagine Batman not losing his parents because depicting it would be insulting to orphans. Imagine GL and The Flash not losing a parent. Learning to live with suffering and rising above it to become a hero(ine) despite your inner demons is a large part of many character templates, and it shouldn't be thrown out because of modern politically correct sensibilites that would cheapen storytelling.

BERSERKER!! It sounds like Beast in Black, it's great but I feel that something is wrong here... Now I'm very nervous right now because I can say the wrong thing anytime.

But what is exactly this weird Conan's comic idea? It's like the trailer of a movie show us a string quartet playing in the background and then suddenly WILD metal appears in the premiere. I must to confess that this new perspective of the idea confuse me.

Attached: 1498341590771.png (638x480, 401K)

I'm a fan of Berserk youtube.com/watch?v=pdlAZj5iDc8 but Berserk and haha Conan.

I'm a fan of Berserk youtube.com/watch?v=pdlAZj5iDc8 but Berserk and haha Conan are very different.

Attached: Berserker.jpg (990x600, 165K)

...thanks?

shit this songs good

NONO, It's good, seriously it's good, but I feel that something weird because the atmosphere that I feel behind this idea for Conan it's very different of the atmosphere than I watched in haha Conan the trailer. It's like the trailer of this Conan is haha Conan (a delicate note played for a Violin or a Piano) while the Conan the idea is something like a STRONG note played for a battle horn. Both of them are great but they are mixed and it feels like something completely twisted. The picture that I had of this weird Conan is changing drastically.

What kind of readers is your Conan looking for?

no readers, its just a song we wrote from our demo

Gail's RS sucked. Having her drink and fuck everybody was dumb. It wasn't empowering to women at all. RS was to never sleep with a man unless he could defeat her in a sword fight first, It'as actually tired to her encahmtment like a magic oath. So thats why Gail sucks, she didnt care about RS enough to rsepect Roy Thomas' work. She just made a new character all together.

>The decision to remove the rape origin story is based on a modern feminist notion that nothing bad can or should happen to a female character, ever.

Please don't think like that, it's not my intention to sound like a feminist and I understand why you guys hate these kind of feminists characters, a normal woman is apparently impossible of imagine for them, I hate the new star wars girl, captain marvel, etc.

It's about beauty and the reaction of the fandom, Idealism sells very well but it doesn't need to a corny idea of idealism, a character can suffer of many ways without being raped, Batman can lose his parents, batman can be tortured, mutilated, feel helpless, suffer because other people is living a horrible life, it can be traumatized because someone put its head in the water many times just to punish her. But this story in fact have a predilection for rape. It seems like literally everyone is gonna be rape here...

[I don't mean to offend, I just don't know how express it myself]

I see... Err... but let's imagine that you want to write a comic about your idea of Conan, what kind of public would you like attract with your comic?

I think that the main problem with this Conan is that it's a sequel of Haha Conan. (Good grief... sorry if I say something wrong)

I have a couple of the trades on my shelf. I liked it at first, but never really bothered to keep up with it. I saw that the second trade came out and I've still never finished it. I just got bored.

where do I start reading Conan?

The Kurt Busiek series.

yes, it was very very boring. Pretty sad, didn't feel much like a Fantasy Adventure at all. Also gail write people i the Hyborian age as if they are modern people. With modern sensibilities and ways of talking. It's lazy and horrible. Also she made RS a unlikeable Cunt to most of the other characters. So cocky that it's cringe worth .Some of the art was good, some not so much. Jenny Frison's covers were wasted on these books.Also a crappy motion comic was sold of the first stories on a DVD/BD, it was one of the worst animations I have ever seen! My Ex bought it for us, and was so mad she pulled out of the PS4 and tossed it across the room!

Its so overplayed. It feels more like an excuse to give a sexually exploitative origin to a female protag. For a contrast, Ellen Ripley was not a rape victim. Neither was Sarah Connor. And I am sure there are more.

Yeah I can agree with that. Dont need to make her a rape victim to enjoy men

Make it a female mentor then. There. Problem solved.

Maybe make it a hypersexual female mentor, to explain Sonja's sexual appetite for cock

CEO of an indie game company brutally raped by an immigrant

>the chad woman

Guts was based off Conan, we don't need the other way around.

She's female Conan.

>old rape victim story isn’t a good idea
Stop. Sugar. Coating. Life.

but it is actually a great origin story for a character like red sonja

I have an idea.
plain ol' porn

>what is the ideal origin story for Red Sonja

>1) Murdered boyfriend.
>2) Escaped slave child.
>3) Ex-paladin with nothing to lose.
>4) Top dog street rat.
>5) Taught by a dying knight as a reward for taking care of him.

Or all five, there's always options.

Option 5 doesn't fit sonja though, it's too 'nice'.

Attached: 1541978054903.png (1028x1020, 1.18M)

This man knows his sword and sorcery

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

The first one is too fridgey

2 to 4 are great

Not all female barbarians were raped

) Murdered boyfriend.

Won't sit well with feminists (e.g. why does a guy have to be the motivation blah blah blah).

K. how about this.
>6) Beats a master swordsman as a child, gets taught.

magic sword that's haunted by the spirits of her dead warrior ancestors. they give her the fighting skills to hunt down and murder the ancient enemy of her family line.

>ACKCHULLY NOT ALL FEMALE BARBARIANS WERE RAPED.
I'm not even going to justify this with an intelligible response.

Attached: 1554924872277.png (474x711, 90K)

Worthless comment and worthless meme don't stop now user you're on a roll.

It isn't.
It's what 16 year ole twitch streamers claim feminism is.

It's what feminists demonstrate feminism to be. If that's not what feminism is, then why do feminists lose their shit when rape is present in media? Why do they lose their shit if a strong female character is a rape victim? Dumbass kid.

>Please don't think like that
Is he wrong though?

I thought the "raped and left for dead" part was fine, it was the "can only bang dudes who have beaten her in combat" part that was considered stupid.

>Its so overplayed.
name 25 characters with it.

She was raised by two Barbarian dads

Wait how would it be easier to get your dead family back than your unrapedness

just let her be strong and shit, conan didnt need any excuse to be who he was, a barbarian from cymeria

>"raped and left for dead"
>"can only bang dudes who have beaten her in combat"

Doesn't that technically mean rape is the only sex she can have?

That sounds like something someone named "Gail Simone" would do

That just sounds like the real life phenomenon where women who are raped try to get raped again or like roleplaying rape afterwards

what's the appeal of Conan?

I don’t care about origin.

I wish Red Sonja was actually drawn to look like she can carry two handed weapons and defeat larger dudes.

Attached: 49D31CBC-B0AE-40E8-B8E0-FE31CEB61431.jpg (906x1400, 247K)

pretty good 80s thrash there.

so what ARE the good Red Sonja runs? I tried reading Amy Chu but god damn is she so fucking boring my eyes close within a few pages of trying to read it

She is a rapist, and is wandering about to find new victims.

Coming from my country, almost every TV show featured it in some form

Point still stands. Saying Red Sonja has to be raped to be who she is like saying Gandalf has to be raped to be who he is.

Yeah thats great

Make it so.

Attached: Barbarian Bros.jpg (1465x2285, 1.15M)

You make no sense. Gandalf wasn't raped or maybe he was by the Balrog, who knows. Anyway the point stands Red Sonja is who she is because of her history, you can't start deleting portions of a character's history just because you don't like it and then claim it's the same character.

just admit you're gay

I take issue that she doesn't look like she could fight off warriors and monsters with the figure she's presented with in certain drawings. That long flowing hair? Those dangling breasts? If you present a male warrior or really any nondescript fantasy warrior with a comparable body type to Sonja's, it'd be hard to sell their physical prowess a la Conan.

you're that scared of muscles, huh? Look in the mirror, buddy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_sexual_assault_victims

Yeah, hence why it was fucking stupid.

[Though I did hear a fan theory that kind of made sense. The gist is that the vow is really a vow of celibacy, just with the spirit assuring RS from the get-go that if she ever got raped again it wouldn't count.

Still fucking stupid, but less stupid.]

There is an entire genre for it:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_and_revenge_film
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Rape_and_revenge_films

Its exploitation, plain and simple. If you're into that kind of thing, then sure, good for you, but like my tittybag barbarian amazons to be natural sluts who weren't raped to begin with.

Eurocomic Barbarian Women > Americomic Barbarian Women

Attached: Siamh.jpg (1414x2048, 739K)

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. While I agree that you can't just change too many aspects of a character and expect to be the same, I think I've seen enough reboots and reimaginings of Sherlock Holmes that I know what are the defining traits of the detective, regardless of the different origin stories. The same goes for Batman. And the Joker.

I guess the difference here is that when I see Red Sonja, I don't think "rape victim". Or "rape survivor". I think "barbarian amazon"

hell yeah

Attached: Arawn T5 Resurrection (2012) - Page 39.jpg (1920x2700, 665K)

> I don't think "rape victim".
Neither do I, why have you assumed I do? I'm aware of the character's history and defining characteristics and understand she isn't defined as just a 'rape victim'.

I am rarely wrong.

>woman finds first signs of the fag gene.jpg

>Top dog street rat.
The Queen Sonja run had a flashback tpb on what she did right after being raped/having her village destroyed. She joined a gang of teens/kids led some wizard who tried to take her soul. It's also where she got the metal bikini, as a slave disguise at first.

I don't 'hate' these characters, that's too strong a word that people throw around too lightly these days. I'm just dissapointed that political correctness takes away some of the depth of female characters and presents us with a family-friendly alternative that doesn't reflect the hero's journey as much. Red Sonja is strong and badass because she suffered and rose above it. Having that in her past doesn't make her weak, on the contrary, it makes her a survivor.

Attached: 350px-Heroesjourney.svg.png (350x352, 16K)

I think the question on my mind is, does she have to be raped? Like, beat her, bruise her, take all her belongings, leave her naked in the wild, but does it have to be rape? Hell, I'd take sexual coercion or voluntary prostitution instead of outright rape.

They didn't remove the rape origin story, they removed the "you can only fuck guys who've beaten you in combat" vow.

If you're going to complain about SJWs and Feminists at least complain about the real stuff, not the stuff tiggered Anti-SJWs made up.

>as a slave disguise at first.
I like that. It explains why the armour looks so impractical - it was never meant to be practical in the first place. But t represents whose she's fighting for - the slaves.

It was half a disguise and half a present from her bf at the time who died later (she was still young) I lay be remembering it wrong, I'll see if I can find the page.
That's how it was originally. Why change it? Anyway, sword and sorcery ruffians who burn villages and kill whole families aren't suddenly going to refrain from raping a hot redhead teen when they can get away with it, that's a first harsh lesson she learned.
I thought Simone turned her into a badass who killed the people who killed her village right away, that same night, by stealth killing all of them?

Rape puts her at rock bottom, it's taking everything that she had down to her virginity/innocence. I think that is a good origin of her character, it means EVERYTHING was taken from her but her life and she has to build herself up from scratch

Imagine...just imagine if the roles were reversed. There would be some extravagant hissing and screeching from the rad fem blue hairdo brigade.

Found the page with her origin for the 'armour'.

Attached: rs.png (1500x1204, 2.97M)

Women can’t rape user. They lack societal power. At most they can maybe commit sexual assault but in a patriarchal society it’s unlikely they’ll have a capacity for such an act.

She's a female gamer and was a victim of online bullying by gamergaters and incels.

kill yourself tumblrina retard

Womyn can't because they don't have benis :D

Sarah Connor was a terrible protagonist

Rape is fine as an origin story.

The problem is that more often than not when I see rape in fiction (maybe it's just because I'm a weeb) uses it to make the character look like a pitiable broken bird in need of saving (which makes for a boring character), or it's used to take care of fanservice and a heinous crime all in one go.

If Batman's parents getting killed was framed in a way to try and make people whack off, people would be very uncomfortable with it. But it and other violent backstories are not, so people don't care.

> why would a woman who got raped constantly dressing and posing like a fapbait whore be a bad writing decision

diaf

They don't read comics, tho.

>If Batman's parents getting killed was framed in a way to try and make people whack off, people would be very uncomfortable with it.
I've been fapping to the Waynes deaths since forever.

Attached: Martha's pearls.jpg (1024x425, 108K)

I've been going through the She-Devil with a Sword omnibus trades and having a good time.

I haven't bothered to read the Amy Chu books. I kind of noped out when I read the promotional comic and it ended with 'now you're in our world'.

I like Carlos Gomez's art, though.

Attached: red-sonja-1.jpg (1500x1077, 757K)

What?

Do you know anything about women, or people, or the world? Like 80% of porn stars were raped before they got into it.

>This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.

Attached: E2E9AD36-E67C-4862-88BA-5A5F2B6D4DF5.jpg (667x1000, 117K)

This. Screw that. It’s fine for her to not want to go out and have a lot of sex given her traumatic history, but putting weird rules around it feels tasteless.

She was the rapist.

But they pretend to which is the problem.

DOOMED

Attached: Red Sonja vs Thulsa Doom 4 of 4-21.jpg (1200x1850, 480K)

Attached: Black_Power_logo-1024x581.jpg (990x562, 70K)

Sonja is a renown wandering warrior.
Many are the stories about her, a number of them about her origins, how such a fine warrior woman came to be.
Some says she was raped and vowed to never let a man who didn't best her to bed her
Other say she was child of nobles, who were murdered in front of her and she swore REVENGE for life
Other more say she is the princess of a remote secluded community of she-warriors

None know the truth, except she's the Red Sonja, the She-Devil with a sword of Hyrkanian Steppes, and one defies her sword to their risk

And the bikini-mail is actually enchanted to give more protection than a full-plate, but the enchantment requires her to not have sex, Scathachdammit.

I thought he was based off of this dude:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Götz_von_Berlichingen

t. T-1000

This is how i would handle it, enough freedom for the fandom to take their own interpretation. Wouldnt explain the bikini either.

>ywn be one of Red Sonja's many conquests
I bet she's the best lay ever

Attached: red sonja28.jpg (700x1000, 198K)

I heard she was bitten by a radioactive feminist.

sexually assertive women are so hot

She's Conan but hot. What more do you need?

Bikini is enchanted, but she chose it specifically to enchant because she just like it

It's very Sonja not caring what other think about her taste in clothing

yeah, the idea is "Sonja doesn't really need an origin"

yeah, Sonja has had some decent artists nothing compared to Vampirella though but has she had ANY good writers?

slave but was abused physically instead of sexually

Some user above said that rape as a back-story make the male and female readers see any female character as broken or ugly, or whatever, eventually wanting nothing to do with the character.

But to be honest the rape backstory never bothered, what did bother me was Gail Simone's run where she did away with the whole "Red Sonja can only sleep with a man that best her as a warrior" thing and in turn made Red Sonja to be a major raging slut that would sleep with any smuck for any reason and often was passed around in orgy parties. It's like she tried to turn Red Sonja into Conan without understanding that men and women are different in that regard,or that even Conan debauchery serve the purpose to show how empty and lonely he is. I just couldn't read the comic and was totally put off by this Red Sonja. Specially because she was also a major stuck-up cunt as well.

I always took the previous "Red Sonja can only sleep with a man that best her as a warrior" as Red Sonja having some goddamn standards. Seeing her being railed by guys that remind me of some of my loser friends is just...ugh.

>>I always took the previous "Red Sonja can only sleep with a man that best her as a warrior" as Red Sonja having some goddamn standards.
same here.

Also, unlike Conan who is unlikely to care if he has ten thousand bastard children(mostly because he's not likely to be there in first place), Sonja would be quite careful at not getting pregnant... and in the hyborean age, not fucking is kind of the only trusty way to avoid that

You want to write Red Sonja? Write Xena, but without the guilt, less comedic(but she would still have no issue having fun, and her idea of fun being much more mainstream than Conan's) and somehow more morally grey than Xena(due aforementioned lack of guilt)

Red Sonja goes around. Has adventures. Meets people. Kill a lot of them. Makes friends. Some of them die. Saves the world once in a while. Has a hateboner for Kulan Gath.

Basically a more civil and generally happier Conan.
Conan is rarely happy and only content when has steel in his hands(or during his time with Bêlit).
Sonja is happy when she has food, drinks and some friends to share them.

IMHO the chainmail, the Secret Origin and her not fucking should be treated as background noise, in-universe rumors and not be answered
They don't really brings anything to the story.

>They don't really brings anything to the story.
I did mean: "exploring them" doesn't bring anything.
Sonja is better as not slave of her past, and not having to justify her decisions about her life(and dress choices) to anybody

She is the original action bimbo from which all others are derived. same creator as Conan the barbarian and Solomon Cane. I suppose you would have to read it to see the appeal for yourself.