Really subtle shit you didn't pick up on until now

I'll start.

Attached: stealing achievements.jpg (1900x492, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)#Themes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was going through my collection yesterday and I just NOW realized that the engraving on Marvin The Martian's helmet are the bird looking Instant Martians he used to grow in the original cartoon

Attached: Marvin The Martian DC.jpg (1977x3000, 662K)

Huh. Neat.

HUH. NEAT.

The obvious one is that the color gold was associated with heroism. The others are:
-Tai Lung had golden eyes because he saw himself as the hero.
-The dragon scroll's secret is that the potential for power lies within; when Tai Lung declared "There's nothing!" he was seeing the void in himself.

Attached: Tai-Lung-kung-fu-panda-7972226-350-350.jpg (350x350, 34K)

Attached: 6qyp5xtlkxvy.jpg (750x529, 36K)

Superman isn't real?

Thats dumb. Superman is clearly Moses

Ommadon actually won.

Attached: Omaddon.gif (440x330, 1001K)

it’s from the scene where he talks about self-sacrifice. I think the suggestion of it’s subtlety is meant to be a joke.

>really subtle
That movie was anything but subtle with the Jesus thing. Sad!

If you look closely at this still from Zack Snyder's Man of Steel (2013), Superman's pose seems to be making reference to the character Jesus Christ and his iconic pose from the Bible.

Attached: 7xdjssahjju01.png (800x333, 1.05M)

Attached: 1545873880804.jpg (750x1000, 115K)

>Thaddeus S. Venture
>Thaddeus Sivana
Never connected those dots before.

Of course. Superman is Moses and Aquaman is Jesus.

Attached: 1548914752199.jpg (450x900, 70K)

Haven't watched IM in while, what am I looking at?

The reason why Mysterio has eye shaped cape pins is because it's him wanting you to look at the diversion and not what's really there (his face)
Stane taking credit for things The Stark family has achieved. Him accepting the award at the beginning of the movie is supposed to represent all the wealth he obtained by selling other's work, and him taking the reactor mirrors this

Attached: Mysterio1.jpg (3000x3300, 1.03M)

Superman's S stands for Superman

That doesn't answer the question, though. Sure, he used a spear because of Snyder's autism, but in-universe, why would he? Unless he's implying Batman shares the same SUPERMAN IS ACTUALLY JESUS obsession and would be willing to reduce his odds of victory just so he can be symbolic about his choice of weapon.

If he was so hellbent on this idea, why not have Batman shoot a kryptonite-tipped missile at Superman at the start of the fight, Supes lasers it out of the sky before he can be hit, and towards the end of the fight Batman grabs the kryptonite tip off the floor and ties it to a piece of rebar for a makeshift spear?

In more recent incarnations, it's a Kryptonian symbol that just happens to look like S.

>snyder invented the "superman is a god and/or jesus" trope
It's been a thing in comics and Returns did it already.

Attached: dnejr8.jpg (584x243, 22K)

And it's been stupid and hamfisted every single time. Also Snyder unquestionably went harder than anyone ever did on it.

>Captain America literally broke Iron Man's "heart".

Attached: Pottery.png (1920x800, 1.62M)

>i have no argument and i must meme

I fucking hate all of you. You can’t help yourself, derailing every thread with your Snyder nonsense

Jesus fucking Christ, when Akira Toriyama can write something I can buy into you should just stop writing. You can't just fucking go only for symbolical representation and completely handwave the practical.

>the character who's entire thing is taking things from Stark continues taking things from him

wow, so deep. I swear to god you MCU babies that fawn over these movies are the most retarded fan base. And the worst part is that you think it genuinely IS deep and subtle lol.

>here is why
>i wanted to make a bland reference to the bible

ok.

It's honestly just a neat little foreshadowing trick.

Here's the kicker. Bruce made the spear to kill Superman even though the lance that Longinus used to pierce christ while he was ALREADY DEAD

Superman is Moses and Jesus is also Moses since they all share the same story beats.

Child with higher purpose is sent to live among an alien people (egyptians/mortals/humans), is raised by them, amasses followers from among those people (israelites, christians, justice league/superhero fans), fights against an evil tyrant (pharoh, lex, herod), and ultimately sacrifices himself to save his adopted people (moses pays for the sins of the jews when he breaks the commandments because they praise a false idol, jesus is obvious, and superman does it in All Star and Death of Superman).

They also all ascend to a higher plane of reality after their sacrifice (Superman 1000, Moses in heaven with Elijah, Jesus is again obvious).

Stop thinking so binary. It is a classic messiah story that you can see echoed throughout history.

Lmao no, how about you do some actual research? Snyder has exactly 2 jesus allusions in MoS which is that one picture of him in church (which is from Kelly's run) and the t-pose which was also in Returns. In BvS there is just the spear and the self sacrifice and thats it. Snyder even took out the part in the comics where he rose again of his own volition because of kryptonian coma and actually made it so Batman had to bring him back to life, which is the LEAST jesus version of that story.

The one person who did go WAY harder than anyone else was fucking Donner. He flat out admits they made his Superman movie a 1:1 parallel to jesus' story.

>Mankiewicz deliberately fostered analogies with Jor-El (God) and Kal-El (Jesus).

>Several concepts and items of imagery have been used in Biblical comparisons. Jor-El casts out General Zod from Krypton, a parallel to the casting out of Satan from Heaven.[6] The spacecraft that brings Kal-El to Earth is in the form of a star (Star of Bethlehem).

Oh wow, this isn't a pasta right? I just can't really believe there are people out there who put more thought into Zack Snyder movies than Snyder and Goyer, too much in fact.

Nah it stands for jeSuS dumbass.

Further parallels in Donner's Superman to Jesus

>Kal-El comes to Jonathan and Martha Kent, who are unable to have children. Martha Kent states, "All these years how we've prayed and prayed that the good Lord would see fit to give us a child," which was compared to the Virgin Mary.

>Just as little is known about Jesus during his middle years, Clark travels into the wilderness to find out who he is and what he has to do. Jor-El says, "Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, and they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son."[6] The theme resembles the Biblical account of God sending his only son Jesus to Earth in hope for the good of mankind. More were seen when Donner was able to complete Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, featuring the fall, resurrection and his battle with evil. Another vision was that of The Creation of Adam.

So no, you fucking retards, Snyder did not " harder than anyone ever did on it." He fucking WAS subtle compared to goddamn Richard Donner who flat out turned Superman into Jesus fan fiction.

Never post something so uniformed again.

>Shazam film
>Billy’s charm is a compass, a representation of an item that gives an orderly answer
>Sivana’s charm is a magic 8-ball, an item that gives people chaotic answers
>Billy’s is guided through his journey by Order until he’s no longer lost
>Sivana is guided through his journey by Chaos until he’s completely lost

>lmao I have no counterpoint so I'll spout a shitty meme

The post isnt even about Snyder's movies, there is no analysis of his movies at all in that post, it's mostly about Superman as a character and the fucking Donner movies you fucking retard! What are you even talking about? How are you so stupid? Are you a fucking pajeet who cant read English?

So Snyder just did the same things that's been done before him two times? That makes up for everything!

Even Marvel didn't kill uncle Ben for the 3rd time in the movies.

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 75K)

>Lmao no, how about you do some actual research? Snyder has exactly 2 jesus allusions in MoS which is that one picture of him in church (which is from Kelly's run) and the t-pose which was also in Returns. In BvS there is just the spear and the self sacrifice and thats it. Snyder even took out the part in the comics where he rose again of his own volition because of kryptonian coma and actually made it so Batman had to bring him back to life, which is the LEAST jesus version of that story.
>The post isnt even about Snyder's movies, there is no analysis of his movies at all in that post
Yeah, I did, did you?

Attached: SupermanAngel.jpg (1680x1680, 738K)

At one point in the first season arthur asks tick if hes stupid or if he escaped an asylum it was a nice callback

Attached: The_Tick_Ep2.jpg (1333x1000, 236K)

Turns out people making capeshit movies have been hack frauds since the very beginning.

> I just can't really believe there are people out there who put more thought into Zack Snyder movies than Snyder and Goyer
>Remembers two scenes from two movies

How is that post ABOUT Snyder's movies when it just mentions two scenes from it? How is remembering two scenes putting ANY thought into the movie at all? Are you such a retard that you think basic memory is somehow a taxing work of thought/analysis?

when I was a kid I never got that these two fucked. I knew there was attraction there but I never got the "For we may not see another night" and then them in the same bed. I was pretty young but still missed it

how? The magic realm was created, you'd know that if you crossed over for a dream or a flash of inspiration.

>Shuster drew Superman in a pose that's kinda sorta similar to a painting of Michael once
HARD CONFIRM SUPERMAN IS JESUS LET'S RIDE THAT WAVE FOR THE NEXT 80 YEARS

I like how you keep throwing around accusations like these when not once in my post I implied that your posts were analysis of Zack Snyder movies. Why won't you put your overanalyzing head to figure that one out?

shit forgot gif

Attached: flightofdragonsdanielle.gif (250x190, 891K)

samefag

Man of Steel is hamfisted bullshit, but anyone who calls Superman's Christ-like nature 'played', then I have to assume you've got a sour relationship with religion, because there are nearly infinite great stories you can write where this character suffers to do good and inspire people, as Christ did. You dont have to like religion or cheap metaphors or anything, but to say Superman should avoid Christ-like stories because they are 'too simple' is just an immature and underdevelopment relationship with religion.
Of course then again, we dont exactly have Tarkovsky and Dostoyevsky writing deeply personal Orthodox medititations with the character either.

Nice

Funny how nobody ever fucking complains about it in threads about the other movies.

Sbyders aggressive symbolism and trying too hard isnt the problem, its that he lacked a cohesive point

Not that guy, but only a moron will waste time """arguing""" with a fedora especially when they sperg out. A meme is more than enough.

Attached: 1553302678696.jpg (240x240, 6K)

>i-i don't have to make an argument because i'm right because i said so
Sounds like the kind of "logic" you'd expect from a religious nutjob. I hope you one day acknowledge your mental illness and get the help you need.

The lance of longinus didn't kill Christ, they only poke at him to see if he was dead, which he was since he didn't react to being pierce by a lance.
For the metaphor to make sense Batman should have to make a Kryptonite cross.

kino

>Man of Steel Minus Man of Steel

Furthermore, the path Billy was following was extremely chaotic living on the streets having to steal information and run away from people, whereas the one that Sivana has followed was structured orderly in controlled environment of laboratories

I'm fascinated by people criticising movies for communicating ideas.

Nope, not religious. And I didn't say anything about anyone being right or wrong. Take note: I'm stating the simple fact arguing with a lard ass fedora fag who interjects his non-belief like the sperg they all are is pointless. Memes that accurately depict your kind are more than enough. But you did your ""people"" proud. Dawkins and the Self-Sodomizing Atheist are proud of you, user. I know you're starving, man, but that's my last (you). Buh-bye!

Attached: 1553388033086.jpg (300x300, 22K)

It's not deep imagery, it's just competent. No one is putting Iron Man on the same tier as 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I don't think the problem is the Jesus symbolism, it's that Snyder tries to paint Superman as a messianic figure but in the film he's mostly involved with a bunch of dumb disaster movie level action.

>literally
not even effectively or metaphorically

I bet you think you're a real intelligent guy

his pants look like the cauldron he fell into when he was little

Attached: Obelix.jpg (425x425, 31K)

Damn. Good catch!

He’s a male version of Camella. No one ever gets this

>And it's been stupid and hamfisted every single time.
Morrison referencing Giovanni Pico de la Mirandola is fucking brilliant and really brings what Morrison is trying to say about the character full circle.

Attached: 017.jpg (1988x3056, 818K)

"Humanity will look up to you to guide them son, and you will gawp at them autistically and have nothing whatsoever to say. But that's ok, there will conveniently be American flags and stained windows with Jesus behind you, providing deep symbolism and hope and shit."

Attached: Man of Steel.jpg (584x432, 44K)

>implying this was worse than having a Jesus picture behind him and “muh krptonite lance of Longinus”

Livestream your suicide.

lol

Fear of the unknown can drive men mad. Love and human interaction can bring them back.

How did you miss this?

These guys being married.

Attached: CdC-iZLUYAEmLg2.jpg_large.jpg (738x666, 53K)

Snyder can’t really think that deep user. He’s like a high school jock trying to write an essay.

Yeah but to even make that reference in the first place you have to actually have some kind of knowledge and have read and learned things in your life and have an actual understanding of what you are writing about

Zach Snyder has read a grand total of three books in his entire life. The Bible, Atlas Shrugged and the Fountainhead, and there is a good chance he just read the cliff notes to all of them instead.

Yeah, it's still kind of bad. The worst part is the tonal dissonance though.

>Senate calls into question your heroic mission
"......."
>Senate is shortly thereafter blown to fiery smithereens
"......."
>Authorities arrive to deal with the disaster, as you pull out survivors
"......."
Snyderman is some profound shit.

Attached: Everything is Fine.png (743x784, 955K)

>"This reminds me, did I leave the oven on at the apartment?"

Can we please stop shitting on Snyder for 5 minutes?

>the chief reason that the first World’s Finest and Justice League movies bombed
No. He’ll go to his grave knowing that he dragged his sweaty cock across two of pop cultures greatest and most beloved icons.

Now what's left for the DCEU?
The hero as the loveable idiot.\
Wonder Woman in her own (successful) movie: Loveable idiot.
Aquaman in JUSTice League and his own film; Loveable idiot.
Harley Quinn in Skwad and apparently her own ongoing franchise: Loveable idiot.
Billy Batson in Shazam: Loveable idiot.

Of course the MCU has it's own share of them, but not EVERYONE moving forward will be a dope with a heart of gold.

DCEU is building a Loveable Idiot League.

He made them better.

His unoriginal take (darker, hero vs hero) on the superhero genre would have been better fit if he had been making cape films in the 80s, but thematically, culturally, and philosophically they pale in comparison to what the comic book medium has to offer.

Naw, the dude couldn’t get over himself after how shit Sucker Punch was and just doubled down on everything that made that movie awful with BvS, once the fucker said “I can’t take Batman and Superman seriously when they’re talking in costume” WB should have fired this fucker. Thanks to that asshat DCEU will forever be remembered as being an acronym for Directors Cut Extended Universe

oh fug

Attached: yoo.png (213x213, 61K)

No.

Attached: 1554966426325.png (1366x768, 752K)

I haven't seen it, do they actually go into the dc versions of order and chaos?

Shazam even throws a crack at BvS. Snyder’s “vision” is all but a bad joke like Batman & Robin was.

It never explicitly says that this is what’s going on, but when you sit down to examine it it sort of jumps out at you
Firstly, checked em
Secondly, I loved that shot, the kid has Batman and Superman toy and crashing them together, then he see Shazam outside and instantly drops Superman and Batman for a new hero. Loved it.

oh..

Yeah, even with their shared last names, the names emphasize that they're from different species.

Considering 2 if those linked to the same wiki page I doubt theyre trying to hide it.

>Can we please stop shitting on Snyder for no more than for 5 minutes?