Will the DCEU ever have it's own Infinity War?

I mean what event would they adapt? All the major DC storylines seem to have alternate timelines and universes as a plot element anyways.

Plus they don't seem to care about a shared universe.

Attached: Dceu-Better-Infinity-War-Screenwriters.jpg (798x420, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

homestuck.com/story/epilogue
youtube.com/watch?v=dd2NtFTgAAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kingdom Come

>ywn see a Final Crisis movie
It hurts man

The obvious direction would be to adapt a story with alternate universes. It'd be an easy way to make it stand out from anything Marvel has done too.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 71K)

F I N A L C R I S I S
I
N
A
L

C
R
I
S
I
S

And then do a rough CoIE adaptation as a part 2 or some shit.

dfdd

The only thing DC's shitty movies are leading up to is the company's inevitable bankruptcy

They don't need one. I'd rather they just keep making fun/interesting stuff than a bunch of fucking fluff films leading up to a season finale.

Yeah who needs massively successful movies when you can make a handful of retards happy

homestuck.com/story/epilogue

it seemed to me like zach snyder wanted to mak rock of ages into a trilogy. i just wanna see the new gods movie

>coie
crisis wouldnt translate well to a movie because the whole book was to reset the dc universe, its not the same as like infinity gauntlet. if dc wanted to make non canon movies after a series of canon movies them i think coie would work, or to bring in new actors for major roles like the trinity

Aquaman, WW, and SS were massively successful, what exactly is your point? The guy is right. Phase 2 and 3 were mostly fluff movies without any stakes whatsoever because they needed the characters for the next main events. The movies also don't really explore the characters because the focus is on being funny all the time. That's the main reason why Phase 1 was so good. It just didn't feel the need to stay connected all the time and actually put some effort into storytelling and characters (and CGI and action scenes). It seems to me that Disney shills aren't Marvelfans at all because they keep on eating every piece of shit Disney throws at them with a smile

The thing is WB not laying out a plan, the little compromise they had with shit leading up to JL 2 blew up in their faces. Aquaman reaching a billion shows they don't need it. Now they have the trench, joker, dunno how many harley movies, etc. On one hand that's great, but just delays the big crossover even further. They can't handle a simple jl flick then the idea of a Crisis is laughable.

> the focus is on being funny all the time
As opposed to the very serious Aquaman and Shazam movies? The only recent marvel movies that even had comedy as a major element were GotG 2 and Ant-Man and the Wasp, and those are almost completely self-contained. I don't know why people are so obsessed with Marvel's "quips" when that was only ever a thing on the 2 avengers movies by Whedon

Was forgetting Ragnarok. I should've put it instead of GotG since it's much newer

Final Crisis
Kingdom Come
Zero Hour/Emerald Twilight
Identity Crisis, but not shit

>The only recent marvel movies that even had comedy as a major element were GotG 2 and Ant-Man and the Wasp (& Ragnarok)
That's just untrue. Homecoming and Infinity War had tons of comedy in them. IW had so much comedy that there were plenty of times that the seriousness of the situation was totally ruined by some stupid shit, best example being Thor's arrival being ruined by Ruffalo screaming like a retard in that horrible CGI background.
>I don't know why people are so obsessed with Marvel's "quips" when that was only ever a thing on the 2 avengers movies by Whedon
I only have a problem with the quips/jokes because they not only ruin many serious scenes but also because writers use that as an excuse to not excel at storytelling. Ragnarok was full to the brim with jokes (I actually counted two scenes in the entire movie that were devoid of anything that was meant to be funny). Only because of that, the entire seriousness to the situation, namely the Asguardian apocalypse, was undermined

>As opposed to the very serious Aquaman and Shazam movies?
Both Aquaman and Shazam managed to implement comedy and without sacrificing character development and the overall feel of the movie. Jokes are all good in my eyes but most movies in the MCU just don't do the implementation right which could partly be due to the writers just not knowing the proper use of comedy. That's also why I was mentioning Phase 1 because those movies had plenty of comedy but it was always nicely written

Are you asking if there is ever a time when the individual DC heroes team up, to fight a world/universe ending threat?

Ladderbro please.

>I'd rather they just keep making fun/interesting stuff
Shazam is literally their only one, everything else is garbage

I'd rather have them toy with an idea of Multiverse.

>IW had so much comedy
Not really. From the way you're describing that thing with Ruffalo, which was pretty transparently using Banner as an audience surrogate to hype Thor up, I think you might be mistaking "not dramatic" with comedy. The most overtly "comic" things that happen are a bit of snark from Tony, a couple of quips from Peter (both completely in-character) and the usual shit from the Guardians, which is honestly to be expected given that Gunn wrote those parts.

The one time it felt like the jokes really undercut a scene were in the fight against Ebony Maw. I think it would've been better if Banner not being able to transform had been delivered straight-faced.

Other than that, Thor seems to have been made into something halfway between the offbrand Superman he was pre-Ragnarok and the over-the-top cheese of his new characterization. But I haven't seen anyone complain about the "that's what killing you means" scene or anything. It's stupid enough to suspend disbelief.
>Only because of that, the entire seriousness to the situation, namely the Asguardian apocalypse, was undermined
Did you *actually* care about Asgard getting destroyed before the movie's release? The Thor movies were super shitty and among the weakest performers in the MCU. I would understand this criticism if Waititi had rolled in and shat upon elements established in earlier installments of a well-beloved series, but he did almost all the worldbuilding for Ragnarok within the movie itself. The only relevant continuity that even existed for the plot was Hulk fucking off to space in the Quinjet and Thor's vision on Ultron

>. I'd rather they just keep making fun/interesting stuff
So just Shazam?

Also CW, Strange, Cap marvel, Black panther apart from having overall serious tones portrayed well what motivated the characters to become heroes. Strange is underrated as fuck when it comes to development, still no dceu movie's portrayed the main character's inner struggles as well as mr doctor. While Ragnarok, Guardians 2 and Homecoming had plenty of comedy, they also did a decent job in that regard. ANTZ 2 was the weakest in this aspect in my opinion but then again he's just an average dad in extraordinary circumstances.

Eh, Captain Marvel might not have had that much comedy in the grand scheme of things but I'm still salty that someone okayed using FURY as the delivery vessel for what there was when it could have been Coulson just as easily

Rock of Ages / Kingdom Come mashup into Doomsday Clock.

Once they recast Superman and Batman maybe

Sure, why not

Can they even salvage Batman without completely changing everything that's been established about the character? If push comes to shove I'll settle for them at least mentioning Robin and getting a better casting for Alfred

Bruce was relieved to see his friend alive after almost getting gangbanged by space dogs. Aquaman had a drunktard joke and literal toilet humor during deathmatches. It's like a lady with a round 2 cartel popping up between T'challa and his cousin during their mortal combat thing. And it wasn't just the humor, some music choices, the explosions, etc. Shit was a mess, still loved that Manta though.

Yeah because that's working out great for DC

Attached: Screenshot_20190413-121114_Chrome.jpg (1080x648, 255K)

>

Attached: 1478173160380.jpg (708x632, 78K)

>I think you might be mistaking "not dramatic" with comedy
Watch the scene again and tell me that's not meant to be funny and silly. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but your reaction is exactly what I think it wrong with modern movie audiences. Why does the audience need Banner to hype Thor up? The soundtrack and photography/cinematography as well as the CGI should be able to take care of that. It just shows that the directors think the scene can't stand on its own which is, at least in my eyes, an insult to the viewer. It's basically the movie equivalent of "... and here's why that's good"

>The most overtly "comic" things that happen are a bit of snark from Tony, a couple of quips from Peter (both completely in-character) and the usual shit from the Guardians, which is honestly to be expected given that Gunn wrote those parts.
Even according to your line up, you have at least 6 characters who joke around. You also manage to leave out Thor and Banner, the former being a joke as a whole at this point (unfortunately). It's just way too many comedic characters crammed in one movie

>I think it would've been better if Banner not being able to transform had been delivered straight-faced.
Funnily enough, I actually didn't have anything against the "you can't get it up" vibe during that scene because Tony quipping in serious moments makes sense, especially when he has to fight without a literal killing machine at his side

>Thor seems to have been made into something halfway between the offbrand Superman he was pre-Ragnarok and the over-the-top cheese of his new characterization
At least in Ragnarok, I felt like they made him into a mentally handicapped person, not even joking. He's literally stupid 80% of the time which just undermines his development throughout the franchise

>Did you *actually* care about Asgard getting destroyed before the movie's release?
I literally cared about it the moment Whedon showed a tidbit of it in Age of Ultron

>crisis wouldnt translate well to a movie because the whole book was to reset the dc universe

Wrong, even without the "reset" (that wasn't really a full reset at all) you still have the part about saving existence. The reset was just a byproduct of being in the origin of time.

Not that guy, but Jesus, not every superhero film has to break records. Can't people just enjoy something without it turning into a dick measuring contest in the Box Office?

>The movies also don't really explore the characters because the focus is on being funny all the time

Imagine being this wrong.

But i liked Irons as Alfred :(

>not providing any arguments at all
It's always funny how you shitposters only manage to spout some irrelevant shit that doesn't expand on the topic at all. Why even post anything if you're only arguing like a child?

>Jesus, not every superhero film has to break records.
Of course not but they should at least break even. Which is getting more and more unlikely for this piece of shit

>Man of Flop
>Flopman v Superflop: Dawn of Flop
>Flop Squad
>Wonder Flop
>Flop League
>Aquaman
>Flopzam

I'm surprised on how they are still going really.

Not for much longer

Starting with Wonder Flop each DC piece of shit has had a lower and Lower Opening Weekend.

Birds of Flop may not even get $20 million when it comes out

>Typical Disneyshill response
>"MOM, I DID IT AGAIN!!!! I DID IT AGAIN!!!! I SHOWED THEM!!!!"

>Aquaman
made me chuckle

Aquaman literally made over a billion dollars. Are you mentally retarded? Also
>both comments have reddit spacing
Why are you replying to yourself?

Flopzam is the only one I really liked, but wow what a hot streak of shitty movies, why does the DCEU have so many fans?

it is really just a discord of 5 paid shills

When will you finally put a bullet through your pathetic head?

Samefag

Wow edgy, be humble

>That timespamp
Samefag.

Have sex

epic comeback!!

I love how only the two first ones were by me kek. You're the actual samefag here

lads, it just hurts
all this endgame hype
friends buying tickets together, families reunited, all this merchandising everywhere, the major movie of the decade...

why it had to be marvel, bro
why is not the justice league, the REAL HEROIC superhero team doing this

>tfw in some alternate universe, the whole planet is waiting to watch JLA: enter darkseid instead of this thanos shit

Attached: 134282741854.jpg (490x586, 33K)

>reddit spacing once again
>subliminal Disney shilling
I love how Disneydrones always spend their time in the DCEU threads

Incel

uh fire has been spit, drop the mic! lol

>subliminal disney shilling
yeah, they really need to do this, right? it's not like the have the whole fucking world talking about the fucking movie. there are people who actually care and wish that DC had the same level of "approval", just read this thread

I personally jumped ship ages ago

doodoo head

>can't take a critic
>live in a world where DC is a success
>Disney is living in his brain RENT FREE
>Start his every post with "i love how" , typical reddit and YouTube response

Wow it is like watching a guide on "How to be the perfect DCuck 101"

>imagine getting those levels of rent free

>Ladderbro having another schizophrenic breakdown

I for one don't give a fuck about approval. I just want to enjoy movies like I recently enjoyed Aquaman, Shazam, and Spiderverse

How is "All this Endgame hype" criticism? It's basic shitposting that doesn't have any value in this thread because it doesn't respond to OP in any way whatsoever. It's just blatant childish shitposting like in every other DCEU thread
>unironically using "DCuck" like some 9gagger
You really only showcase how retarded most people here are and the inability of said people to contribute to discussions. Grow up

If you don't understand why the constant company shilling is getting annoying, I have nothing left to tell you. Same goes for DCEU fanboys in MCU threads. Most people here have no proper opinions and immediately respond to visiting threads about things they don't like. It's what low-life retards do. Also watch them get spout some literal Reddit-tier meme crap like "DCuck" and npc pics once they are called out

The DCEU? No.

The DCCW? Fuck yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=dd2NtFTgAAU

I'm unironically hyped. No matter how bad the shows get, the crossovers are always great.

Attached: It's happening.jpg (1389x781, 317K)

You do know half of those shows are cancelled, right? Oh who am I kidding of course you don't DCucks don't even know where the sun goes at night

Kill yourself laddercuck

Arrow is ending because Oliver dies, everything else stays.

>if you kill a mass murderer to stop him from killing again then the world turns into a totalitarian regime and all criminals turn into violent mass murderers

I hope not. I hate event and crossovers in comics and I also do so in movies.